Page 23 of 371 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Then so be it," said Nevanlinna. "Seri, if you will..."

Nodding, Seri went over to Noomh's unconscious form and using the connection to Vaikuntha granted to her by Nevanlinna, opened a portal and dragged the Knight inside. Nevanlinna willed the portal to remain open, with the two in sight... just in case.

Turning her attention to the kneeling knight, she regarded him for a long moment. Years ago, she would have considered striking him down for his failure, but now... she was different. "Rise. If you feel you must atone, then I bid you do so by striking at the source of our people's... misguidance. This lot, I'm sure, will want to retaliate against the false god once they are able, and I am sure a warrior of your caliber will be a great asset when it comes time to do so."

Sighing, she sat down on a piece of debris. "Now, if I may ask a personal question... my mother... what has become of her? Auroc spoke as if she were deceased, but I would be a fool to trust his words."
    He shakes his head.

“My memories are....tainted. Auroc has been slowly infiltrating our minds and spirits for years, Princess, twisting things. Inside almost all of us has been some form of his black power, making us more subservient or simply taking us over. I believe your....removal...from court was a method for your mother, suspicious of Auroc, to keep you removed from such taint.”

He sighs heavily.

“My last memory that I would...trust....of your mother was her confronting seven of Auroc’s loyal knights and the Majin himself. One of the Knights was one I did not recognize, he had a golden aura about him like these Saiyans. She was alive before I was....activated...and made Auroc’s mindless slave.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Well, since the droids are getting the job done here, I better go ahead get myself sterilize, and check the condition of my lab.) Praxat thought.

Praxat heads to her lab in the mechanical engineering wing. ( Really don't like walking or running that much. I pretty much prefer to skip, leap, or hop. For me jumping is much faster than running,) Praxat thought.
    Your lab seems untouched.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hovering in the air just beyond the energy barrier, Dash takes moment to evaluate it. Then, in a flurry of speed she circles around the Lookout see if there were any weak spots or ways to get inside to the Lookout.

Not finding any, she stomps her foot in frustration, "Think, think, what would'va the others do if'n they were here?" Closing her eyes for a moment, her aura flares up like a flame as her hair turns read and her Spider Armor transforms into the Fire Armor to make use of it's Ki enhancing ability.

Aiming for a spot on the energy field above the Lookout, Dash summons her Ki, aims, and fires off a narrow beam blast in hopes of cracking the energy field and creating an entry point.

OOC: I'm assuming that the energy barrier prevents Dash from entering normally. If I am wrong, let me know and I'll do a rewrite.
    The beam seems to be absorbed by the opaque barrier, turning it a cherry red.

Oddly, Dash gets the sense that the barrier can only absorb so much before it could potentially crack.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The music cuts off and Shōchū's hand reforms from the security panel as she steps towards the priestess. Crouching down, she cupped the poor threshling's face with her hands, attempting to comfort her after such an ordeal, "I appreciate your cooperation."

Now came the obvious question of what to do with these two while balancing the need to go to the Lookout to ensure Eva's safety.

She slumps down next to the other captive, looking lost and dazed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The beam seems to be absorbed by the opaque barrier, turning it a cherry red.

Oddly, Dash gets the sense that the barrier can only absorb so much before it could potentially crack.

Bear's Endurance was already at work quickly bringing her Ki levels up to normal, though she might only have one more shot with using the Fire Armor before she needed to transform back. Can she do this on her own? Or should she wait to see if anyone else shows up to help?

Deciding she couldn't wait, she powered up her Ki as high as it could go, the Fire Armor doubling it as she did. Once at full power, she placed her hands in front of her then sent out another blast of Ki at teh barrier, again focusing the attack on a small area so as to increase it's effect.

As she did, her Ki burned bright like a flame, and her Ki was infused with the elemental power of Fire. "Come on...." she spoke quietly to herself through her teeth as she strained to hold the blast, "Come on, dangit...." praying that the barrier would break before she did.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-19-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He shakes his head.

“My memories are....tainted. Auroc has been slowly infiltrating our minds and spirits for years, Princess, twisting things. Inside almost all of us has been some form of his black power, making us more subservient or simply taking us over. I believe your....removal...from court was a method for your mother, suspicious of Auroc, to keep you removed from such taint.”

He sighs heavily.

“My last memory that I would...trust....of your mother was her confronting seven of Auroc’s loyal knights and the Majin himself. One of the Knights was one I did not recognize, he had a golden aura about him like these Saiyans. She was alive before I was....activated...and made Auroc’s mindless slave.”
    She truly had a debt to repay her mother, one way or another. Being allowed to travel the stars had indeed been a protective measure, as had her exile... and, of course, Luop's steadfast companionship. If she was alive, then it was imperative that she rescue her mother, and if the worst had come to pass and her mother was, indeed, no longer in this world, then... she would have to repay that debt by guiding their people to a glorious new future once all this Auroc business had finished.

How bothersome. She quite enjoyed her freedom, but duty was duty, and she would see it done.

"I see," she said simply, mulling over that last bit. "Golden auras are quite rare... and the fact that you compared it to these Saiyans... hm. Is it possible that Auroc took the remaining genetic material from Jagam's... saiyan donor, for lack of a better term, and created further clones?" It was a possibility, and if that was indeed the case, these clones would likely lack the arrogance that led to their predecessor meeting such an ignoble end at the hand of this lot.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

She slumps down next to the other captive, looking lost and dazed.
    Once her captive was subdued, mentally broken, she turned to Blizzar, Totoma, and Adam.

"I assume you have your orders relating to the protection of your creator, Adam, so I will simply ask you to continue with them," Shōchū began, " Blizzar, was it? It might be beneficial to take these two to the Galaxy Police for further questioning, but I have no authority over you so you are free to join Totoma and I to the lookout."

Far from a commander in her own ranks, time was of the essence if they were to catch up to Dash and assist in Eva's protection.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Knight nods to Noomh’s unconscious form.

“He can be saved of Auroc’s taint. He was not, as far as I know, a willing supplicant. He was Honor Guard to the Royal family.”

He looks at Luop and nods in respect.

“You have done well, Sir Luop. Better than I it seems. I am glad her majesty trusted you and not I.”

He shakes his head, then bows it to Nevalinna.

“My princess, it’s good to see you again.”

He drops to one knee, offering out his sword.

“For freeing me I owe a great debt to Lady Inanna, but you too have a claim on me. I failed you, your mother, and our home. If it is your will my life is yours to take, Princess.”
    "Then so be it," said Nevanlinna. "Seri, if you will..."

Nodding, Seri went over to Noomh's unconscious form and using the connection to Vaikuntha granted to her by Nevanlinna, opened a portal and dragged the Knight inside. Nevanlinna willed the portal to remain open, with the two in sight... just in case.

Turning her attention to the kneeling knight, she regarded him for a long moment. Years ago, she would have considered striking him down for his failure, but now... she was different. "Rise. If you feel you must atone, then I bid you do so by striking at the source of our people's... misguidance. This lot, I'm sure, will want to retaliate against the false god once they are able, and I am sure a warrior of your caliber will be a great asset when it comes time to do so."

Sighing, she sat down on a piece of debris. "Now, if I may ask a personal question... my mother... what has become of her? Auroc spoke as if she were deceased, but I would be a fool to trust his words."
    He shakes his head.

He sighs heavily.

She truly had a debt to repay her mother, one way or another. Being allowed to travel the stars had indeed been a protective measure, as had her exile... and, of course, Luop's steadfast companionship. If she was alive, then it was imperative that she rescue her mother, and if the worst had come to pass and her mother was, indeed, no longer in this world, then... she would have to repay that debt by guiding their people to a glorious new future once all this Auroc business had finished.

How bothersome. She quite enjoyed her freedom, but duty was duty, and she would see it done.

"I see," she said simply, mulling over that last bit. "Golden auras are quite rare... and the fact that you compared it to these Saiyans... hm. Is it possible that Auroc took the remaining genetic material from Jagam's... saiyan donor, for lack of a better term, and created further clones?" It was a possibility, and if that was indeed the case, these clones would likely lack the arrogance that led to their predecessor meeting such an ignoble end at the hand of this lot.
    Parsley listened silently, pondering over what the freed Knight had to say. The Threshling Queen's well-being was unknown at the time, and the last time this one saw her, she was facing off against Auroc and his court. A noble, if not foolish act. Even if she was more powerful than any of them -- and she likely was -- an eight to one disadvantage more than compensated for any gap in power. And given how tricky Majin were with their abilities, Parsley had an idea of how he managed to do away with her.

If he was smart, that was; and Auroc didn't peg her as a simpleton.

However, that wasn't what elicit a hum of curiosity. It was his description of one of the Knights loyal to Auroc. A being he didn't recognize -- which could only mean this person wasn't a Threshling -- in possession of a golden glow not dissimilar to that of a Super Saiyan.

It could only mean one of two things. Either one, a Saiyan had become tainted long before Auroc set his eyes on Vocado and somehow ascended to Super Saiyan, or two, it was as Nevanlinna suggested and Auroc created more clones of Jagam. More powerful, and possibly more dangerous than the imbecilic first variation was. "Whatever the origin of this being, if it is a Super Saiyan, then that bodes ill for our impending attack. Sarada and I have yet to even tap the surface of our power and we're already more powerful than anyone else in our entire race."

Speaking of Sarada, "What were Auroc's plans for my sister and her child? He said he wanted the child's power, but never said for what."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

By the time Inanna recovered enough to stand, the conversation between her 'Knight', and the still-alive Nevanlinna was well underway. Good. Last thing she needed today, was a dead ally literally on her hands. Rubbing the back of her neck, the golden-eyed woman carefully made her way over to the duo- and soon trio as Parsley arrived to converse- and with a small wave Inanna announced her presence with.

"Auroc is an idiot."

What that meant, or what relevance it had was perhaps... questionable. At least until the woman bothered to continue.

"For starters. She tried to go after my wife and child; on Vocado. Second, the odds of his killing the Queen of Reshlan are slim to none. Someone that powerful, with as much sway over a population of similarly stronger-than-normal individuals? No. He's trying to break her, more than likely. So he can vomit all over her and make another 'Disciple' or whatever they're called." Sucking in a sharp breath the woman then said.

"Third... his contingency plan for this... debacle, was 'Inanna might probably kill me'. That's not a contingency plan unless he's..."

The golden-eyed woman slowed to a stop.

"Ser Knight," Inanna said, swiftly changing tone and direction. "Was Vocado the only objective here today?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Cloning......not likely. We lack that ability or technology. However, perhaps a form of....regeneration, or necromancy was performed if indeed this Knight is a Saiyan.”

He pauses before answering about Sarada.

“I was not privy to his mind, but I do recall him mentioning wanting the child for its power and it’s ‘birthright’ as he called it. I am unaware what that would be beyond Vocado’s throne.”

He looks at Inanna.

“No, Lady Inanna. Earth was also a target, though beyond that I do not know. Perhaps some of the other freed Threshlings may know more, but he did not fully trust me even when I was under his sway.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Cloning......not likely. We lack that ability or technology. However, perhaps a form of....regeneration, or necromancy was performed if indeed this Knight is a Saiyan.”

“I was not privy to his mind, but I do recall him mentioning wanting the child for its power and it’s ‘birthright’ as he called it. I am unaware what that would be beyond Vocado’s throne.”

He looks at Inanna.

“No, Lady Inanna. Earth was also a target, though beyond that I do not know. Perhaps some of the other freed Threshlings may know more, but he did not fully trust me even when I was under his sway.”
    "Was hedging his bets there, then." Inanna said with a frown. "Guessing he wants The Smartest Man Alive™." Or he knew how to siphon away creational energy. Either way, it was bad news bears Walter Matthau. "Has anyone checked in with Earth, recently?" She was at this point of course asking Parsley, and Nevanlinna.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Shōchū and anyone else traveling after Dash, you arrive just in time to see Dash attacking a strange barrier.

With a mighty power up and blast, after a few seconds Dash manages to shatter the barrier. Upon shattering, the shards of the magic barrier seem to evaporate into dark smoke, then converge and become an individual floating above an obviously attacked Lookout.

Below this figure, sounds of Battle could be heard amidst the Lookout and it’s buildings.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Shōchū and anyone else traveling after Dash, you arrive just in time to see Dash attacking a strange barrier.

With a mighty power up and blast, after a few seconds Dash manages to shatter the barrier. Upon shattering, the shards of the magic barrier seem to evaporate into dark smoke, then converge and become an individual floating above an obviously attacked Lookout.

Below this figure, sounds of Battle could be heard amidst the Lookout and it’s buildings.
    As soon as the barrier shatters, Dash's aura, and her appearance, returns to normal and with it the Fire Armor transforms back into the Spider Armor. Seeing the enemy, she curses under her breath. The effort taxed her ki, her body shook slightly from the exertion. Yet, she knew that her reserves would return quickly, all she needed was to buy a little time and hope for backup.

Calling out, "Who the blazing heck are you?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as the barrier shatters, Dash's aura, and her appearance, returns to normal and with it the Fire Armor transforms back into the Spider Armor. Seeing the enemy, she curses under her breath. The effort taxed her ki, her body shook slightly from the exertion. Yet, she knew that her reserves would return quickly, all she needed was to buy a little time and hope for backup.

Calling out, "Who the blazing heck are you?"
    It doesn’t answer, inside appearing behind her, scythe swinging to behead her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley listened silently, pondering over what the freed Knight had to say. The Threshling Queen's well-being was unknown at the time, and the last time this one saw her, she was facing off against Auroc and his court. A noble, if not foolish act. Even if she was more powerful than any of them -- and she likely was -- an eight to one disadvantage more than compensated for any gap in power. And given how tricky Majin were with their abilities, Parsley had an idea of how he managed to do away with her.

If he was smart, that was; and Auroc didn't peg her as a simpleton.

However, that wasn't what elicit a hum of curiosity. It was his description of one of the Knights loyal to Auroc. A being he didn't recognize -- which could only mean this person wasn't a Threshling -- in possession of a golden glow not dissimilar to that of a Super Saiyan.

It could only mean one of two things. Either one, a Saiyan had become tainted long before Auroc set his eyes on Vocado and somehow ascended to Super Saiyan, or two, it was as Nevanlinna suggested and Auroc created more clones of Jagam. More powerful, and possibly more dangerous than the imbecilic first variation was. "Whatever the origin of this being, if it is a Super Saiyan, then that bodes ill for our impending attack. Sarada and I have yet to even tap the surface of our power and we're already more powerful than anyone else in our entire race."

Speaking of Sarada, "What were Auroc's plans for my sister and her child? He said he wanted the child's power, but never said for what."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    By the time Inanna recovered enough to stand, the conversation between her 'Knight', and the still-alive Nevanlinna was well underway. Good. Last thing she needed today, was a dead ally literally on her hands. Rubbing the back of her neck, the golden-eyed woman carefully made her way over to the duo- and soon trio as Parsley arrived to converse- and with a small wave Inanna announced her presence with.

"Auroc is an idiot."

What that meant, or what relevance it had was perhaps... questionable. At least until the woman bothered to continue.

"For starters. She tried to go after my wife and child; on Vocado. Second, the odds of his killing the Queen of Reshlan are slim to none. Someone that powerful, with as much sway over a population of similarly stronger-than-normal individuals? No. He's trying to break her, more than likely. So he can vomit all over her and make another 'Disciple' or whatever they're called." Sucking in a sharp breath the woman then said.

"Third... his contingency plan for this... debacle, was 'Inanna might probably kill me'. That's not a contingency plan unless he's..."

The golden-eyed woman slowed to a stop.

"Ser Knight," Inanna said, swiftly changing tone and direction. "Was Vocado the only objective here today?"

He looks at Inanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Was hedging his bets there, then." Inanna said with a frown. "Guessing he wants The Smartest Man Alive™." Or he knew how to siphon away creational energy. Either way, it was bad news bears Walter Matthau. "Has anyone checked in with Earth, recently?" She was at this point of course asking Parsley, and Nevanlinna.
    Nevanlinna shook her head. "No, I have been keeping to the Saiyan Worlds for quite some time. More... training opportunities, as you might have guessed." Not that Earth was bereft of powerful fighters and useful knowledge, but she had focused on gaining power and refining what skills she had, not learning every trick under the sun. And, to be honest, most of those she could call 'friend' resided in the Saiyan Empire.

...hah, irony.

Before she could speak, another--Tasure's--spoke up. "I can contact my boy... I'm sure he's gotten dragged into any trouble going on back ho--on Earth." She closed her eyes and reached out mentally through her Kizuna with her son...

'BOY'

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Once her captive was subdued, mentally broken, she turned to Blizzar, Totoma, and Adam.

"I assume you have your orders relating to the protection of your creator, Adam, so I will simply ask you to continue with them," Shōchū began, " Blizzar, was it? It might be beneficial to take these two to the Galaxy Police for further questioning, but I have no authority over you so you are free to join Totoma and I to the lookout."

Far from a commander in her own ranks, time was of the essence if they were to catch up to Dash and assist in Eva's protection.
    Totoma, having recovered from the shock of Shochu's... interrogation, finally, pumped his fist. "The just saiyan is on it!" And with that, he took off... and was about to slam into the Geofront's ceiling when he activated his Void Body technique and, his body now being pure energy for a split second, phased right through it. He emerged into the air above the city, resolidified, and shot off towards the lookout, using Dash's energy as a guidepost.

'BOY'

...he faltered a bit when his mother's voice rang in his head, but only for a second. 'Kinda busy, mom. Can it wait? Threshlings attacked... Jinzi's safe now, but Eva's in trouble...'

There was a silence on the other end.Huh... weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on Vocado, Tasure laughed. "Ha! All I had to say was "BOY" and he told me what I wanted. Seems they didn't get Jinzi, but might still get Earth's guardian. Halfway tempted to hop on over there and up my score..." She mulled over it for a bit... it would probably be prudent to bring a few of the others if she did... things here were fairly under control now, but that wasn't the case on Earth.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.