Page 159 of 371 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Then prepare to feed energy into the rune on my signal.....and start thinking up ideas for the victory feast." Etrina side smirked.

"Nevalinna, good....was starting to think I'd be carrying his ritual on your mothers advice along." Etrina spoke, eyes focused on the ruin but attention spread around her. "If you would be so kind as to take up a position on the other side? We're going to attempt to re purpose this rune array to trigger a planet wide purge of aurocs influence.......as opposed to simply exploding. Perhaps you can introduce some of that Hozen with our changes to balance the magical equation...so to speak."

Nodded slowly, Etrina spread her hands, focusing her vast energies and then expanding it outwards. The energies flow from her to each foci, floating above the four corners of the array, who in turn mimic her actions and focus that energy down upon the Rune. "My foci will act as the array, focus our efforts.....Neva, Queen....when you are ready."
    Etrina, something starts worming into your mind.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I wanted you two meet so Goku could help you obtain your Ascended form. Goku is unique, as someone who has seen life on both sides multiple times. He will be able help you far quicker than anyone else. Beyond that, my reasons are...my own.”

Parsley, you get no reading on the person at all.

Goku frowns but nods.

“I can sense she’s close. I don’t mind helping.”
    Nothing.

Not surprising; if this being was able to cross universes despite the lock the God of Gods placed on theirs, then he was far beyond her mind to comprehend. Regardless, his reasons - the ones with which he was forthcoming - were in line with her own.

He allowed Goku to pass over into her universe so he could help her achieve the next ascension. "Let's do it!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The crystal seems to be a control nexus to Ochazuke, something Auroc could use to better control the various energies he was siphoning and feeding in through his taint.
    "It seems this was a means for Auroc to draw upon the power set within his corruption."

It was a clever, if exceedingly cruel scheme. Perhaps, even for a Majin, there remained some limitation to his form, even with his voracious appetites. But by harnessing the Gift, by the lives and devotion of billions he would always have a source of power to draw from, a hidden weapon to wield. They were assets he'd invested in for the long term; inexhaustible, expendable people.

"However, it may not be ours to use," he said to Dash. "Defer it to the Royalty...or to Erosa."

As you realize this, a massive surge of power seems to make the entire planet shudder. Anyone who is sensing the planet and can sense Auroc’s taint in it can feel a slow but steady pulse of pure unadulterated purification.

The leylines seem to cry out in relief as Held’s attack travels like liquid quicksilver through the energy veins of the planet, scouring away Auroc’s taint on the inside like a high power pressure washer.

His taint remains in the air and soil, but his access to nearly limitless energy is gone, not can he siphon from his people anymore.

The Runic Sigil of destruction remains primed however.
    Then in an instant the entirety of the planet surged with a silent power, and with it came an increased clarity where Ochazuke had interfaced with the Genius Loci. Heh, leave it to the Unicorn Tribe to come through...

The Sigil remained, but now that the calamitous scope of the array had somewhat diminished, accordingly, so did the living whispers of the planet increase.

"There. All over Reshlan," he said to The Queen and Nevanlinna. "The sleepers have awakened, and they too have a part to play in this."

Slowly, Ochazuke stood to his feet, and raising his hands, mirrored Zaofan's stance.

"Can you hear them? Call to them if you can."

The silent, diminished life of the planet had only so much to spare where the Proto-Majin had asserted himself; much of the world's ki remained his. But if Ochazuke could gather energy from the conscious will of those shook from Auroc's grasp, then perhaps the axis upon which this world turned could be changed.

OOC: Genki Charge: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva took her mother's hand and gave it a squeeze. For various reasons, there had always been a certain amount of distance between them, emotionally, but knowing that her mother had been doing all she could to oppose Auroc and protect her from the false god made her want to bridge that gap after all this was said and done.

Releasing her mother's hand, Nevanlinna nodded and took up position. Her mother was far and away better with these rune arrays than she was, so the best she could do would be to act as support. Injecting Hozon into the array to stabilize the thing was also a good idea.

...probably.

Regardless, she readied herself to do her part.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "It seems this was a means for Auroc to draw upon the power set within his corruption."

It was a clever, if exceedingly cruel scheme. Perhaps, even for a Majin, there remained some limitation to his form, even with his voracious appetites. But by harnessing the Gift, by the lives and devotion of billions he would always have a source of power to draw from, a hidden weapon to wield. They were assets he'd invested in for the long term; inexhaustible, expendable people.

"However, it may not be ours to use," he said to Dash. "Defer it to the Royalty...or to Erosa."

Then in an instant the entirety of the planet surged with a silent power, and with it came an increased clarity where Ochazuke had interfaced with the Genius Loci. Heh, leave it to the Unicorn Tribe to come through...

The Sigil remained, but now that the calamitous scope of the array had somewhat diminished, accordingly, so did the living whispers of the planet increase.

"There. All over Reshlan," he said to The Queen and Nevanlinna. "The sleepers have awakened, and they too have a part to play in this."

Slowly, Ochazuke stood to his feet, and raising his hands, mirrored Zaofan's stance.

"Can you hear them? Call to them if you can."

The silent, diminished life of the planet had only so much to spare where the Proto-Majin had asserted himself; much of the world's ki remained his. But if Ochazuke could gather energy from the conscious will of those shook from Auroc's grasp, then perhaps the axis upon which this world turned could be changed.

OOC: Genki Charge: 6
    "Royalty? You mean Nevanlinna." Dash saw her nearby, an older woman who resembled her was there as well. "Well, as long as it's not dangerous in its own right, then ah guess it does belong to the Threshlings."

Going over to them, "Ah guess this crystal belongs to you."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-19-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

You manage to absorb the blasts.
    Sasheem rushes back up towards Auroc with his Mamba Boost, his Naga Palm out once again as he uses two of his arms to grab Auroc's in an attempt to swiftly wrap them into a pretzel.

The shrine shreds apart, and amidst the ruins, a swift and short figure darts in and punches Blizzar in the throat.
    "Hrrk---" Blizzar doubled over almost as the fist hit him. He wasn't going to let that stand as he returned the punch in kind, aiming at the smaller figures chest. A few punches. More than a few. It was his volley of Meteor Jabs! While the intent was to hurt his opponent it was more to gauge the strength of whoever this new adversary was.,

Retired Overlord

Etrina, something starts worming into your mind.
    Momentarily reacting with a look of disgust, Etrina steadied her magic and continued to focus on the Rune while steeling her mind and will to whatever was attempting to worm in.

"...Zaofan, Neva....get ready to pull your energy into the rune. Even the the life energy of this planet is clean....we'll purge every last bit of taint with this." Her hands flashed, weaving a symbol in the air. Above her, her four foci connected with the Rune below them by tethered strings of mana....binding to the run array and focusing their efforts on preparing it to receive the purifying energy for delivery.

Internally, Etrina gritted her teeth. ".....you'll not bother me...whatever you are.........I'm busy....."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Momentarily reacting with a look of disgust, Etrina steadied her magic and continued to focus on the Rune while steeling her mind and will to whatever was attempting to worm in.

"...Zaofan, Neva....get ready to pull your energy into the rune. Even the the life energy of this planet is clean....we'll purge every last bit of taint with this." Her hands flashed, weaving a symbol in the air. Above her, her four foci connected with the Rune below them by tethered strings of mana....binding to the run array and focusing their efforts on preparing it to receive the purifying energy for delivery.

Internally, Etrina gritted her teeth. ".....you'll not bother me...whatever you are.........I'm busy....."
    "You know, if this thing, this crystal, was used by Auroc to draw power, an you'all are trying to draw power, then why not use it to draw power better?" Dash suggested. Looking down at the crystal, she wondered what would happen if she placed it down on the ground or tried to use it herself.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Queen nods, closes her eyes, and reaches out.

Across the entire planet, small sparks of light start appearing to Ochazuke’s senses. Some are thin, barely able to provide any energy, but others are still power houses.

‘Come, let us throw the shackles off finally. Let us be free! Join me, my people, and let us take Reshlan back once and for all!’

A flood of energy becomes available to Ochazuke, the Queen calling upon and receiving aid in their time of need.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

With everyone busy, Dash stepped back and watched. As much as she'd like to help, what was going on was beyond her.

The Queen nods, closes her eyes, and reaches out.

Across the entire planet, small sparks of light start appearing to Ochazuke’s senses. Some are thin, barely able to provide any energy, but others are still power houses.

‘Come, let us throw the shackles off finally. Let us be free! Join me, my people, and let us take Reshlan back once and for all!’

A flood of energy becomes available to Ochazuke, the Queen calling upon and receiving aid in their time of need.
    Nevanlinna did the same, but rather than reach out, she reached in. Not just to draw out all the magical energy she could muster, but also her Hozon. In a moment, that subtle, calming energy flowed from her and into the array, carefully molded by her will towards stabilizing it while the others did their parts. While she had some issues manipulating at first, after today's battles, it had become more... natural to her, despite her physical fatigue. By no means did she understand all of its deep secrets, but simply using it in a simple and direct manner like this was nearly as easy as using and shaping her ki or magical energy by this point.

And, oddly, she felt as if she were fulfilling her life's purpose with all this. Like she'd been born to facilitate the purging of Auroc from this world and the universe at large. Of course, given Vaikuntha and this Hozon, this... power to preserve, perhaps she had been.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Both seem simple and even plain, but they thrum with old magic.
    For later study, surely.

Inanna stored the items within a capsule, before returning to her previous task. The barrier magic was nearly drained; and then it could get fun.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With everyone busy, Dash stepped back and watched. As much as she'd like to help, what was going on was beyond her.
    Praxat spots Dash and flies towards her." Dash, I'm glad your alright," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat spots Dash and flies towards her." Dash, I'm glad your alright," Praxat said.
    Looking up, "Oh, yeah, thanks. Glad your alright too." Though Dash spoke to her, she seemed a bit distracted. She is still looking towards the others, especially Neva and the other Threshling with her. She still feels like this crystal can be useful, only they are the ones to decide when to use it.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-19-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking up, "Oh, yeah, thanks. Glad your alright too." Though Dash spoke to her, she seemed a bit distracted. She is still looking towards the others, especially Neva and the other Threshling with her. She still feels like this crystal can be useful, only they are the ones to decide when to use it.
    "Yeah, I'm fine. A mage did attempt to suffocate me, though. The thought of having the moisture of my skin dried out and suffocating made me angry, and it wasn't normal anger either. It was different when I got angry, I had felt a surge of bioelectricity run through my eyes briefly," Praxat said.

" It was something that has never happen before when I got angry," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.