Page 229 of 245 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3665
  1. #3421
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah, I'm looking for a swordmaster to train me in swordsmanship, So that I can feel worthy of welding my ancestor Disdemona's sword. Stories I read about her said that her skills in swordsmanship were exceptional," Praxat said.

    Praxat then on unsheathes her ancestor's sword and shows it to Held. The sword is of remarkable craftsmanship. The blade is absurdly long and curved like a Katana. It's a sword design to be a two-handed weapon, and obviously, design for smashing and cutting, giving its curved blade and size.

    Engraved in the hilt is the name Disdemona Luue. " Dash compliment me on my sword skills during battle, and I was just copying what she was doing," Praxat said.
    Held had glanced at the blade out of the corner of his eye, his focus so consumed on the endless amount of work that needed to be done.

    He paused, when he realized that the blade was such enormous length, that a peripheral view was inadequate.

    He turned, giving the blade his full attention, for a moment.

    "Good Grief." He mumbled, sighing under his breath, "Your ancestor must have been twenty feet tall....It's certainly a...very bladey-blade, to be sure. I'm actually surprised, I wasn't aware Toadian craftsmanship was so refined...Either way, good luck finding your GP Ninja guy."

    The Nevadian then turned back to his work.

    A sigh escaped his lips.

    "Praxat." Held began, turning his attention to her once more, "I feel I should point out that even if the GP has a warrior well versed in one of the Ninjutsus, and even if he specialized in the sword....The odds of him being proficient in something like..."

    He looked up and down the length of the blade.

    "That....Are fairly remote."

    I mean....Sefi-Roth had a blade of similar length, but he's.....Maybe a figment of my imagination, so it's not like I could send her in his direction, and I don't think Frogspierre would even consider it if he were here....

    "I'll double check with Ochazuke later, but I think most Ninjutsu practitioners are somewhat more....."

    He fumbled for the words.

    "Subtle. Than anything that could be managed with a blade of that length. You'd be better off focusing on something more suited to open spaces or full scale encounters. I mean, your sword has more in common with my long spears than any average Ninjato."


    He scratched his chin.

    "Then again, I could have been reading the literature incorrectly... I don't know that many ninja masters mysel---Hold on."

    The Nevadian looked at his datapad once more, now sprawling with an endless variety of information and data, requests and reports.

    He could feel his head start to reel in protests. He had scarcely found some respite from his duties, and they all came crawling back.

    Not to mention, the inevitability of Her Return loomed large. Perhaps if he kept detracted, he would be able to postpone that moment, if only barely.

    "....You know, I suppose I could help you out a little bit." Held continued, rubbing his temple in discomfort, "I fought against a guy with a blade like that not too long ago, and he was....quite formidable, so if nothing else, I could help you to become more adept than you are right now."

    Anything to get away from all this paperwork...I wonder if I could pawn it off on Ulysses for a bit...?

    "And I've yet to meet a weapon I couldn't get my mileage out of. I won't even charge you the same rate I would charge an absolute stranger---Although even then, my services aren't cheap."

    He glanced one final time at the datapad, wincing in agony.

    "You're a princess or something, right?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-24-2020 at 11:32 PM.

  2. #3422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held had glanced at the blade out of the corner of his eye, his focus so consumed on the endless amount of work that needed to be done.

    He paused, when he realized that the blade was such enormous length, that a peripheral view was inadequate.

    He turned, giving the blade his full attention, for a moment.

    "Good Grief." He mumbled, sighing under his breath, "Your ancestor must have been twenty feet tall....It's certainly a...very bladey-blade, to be sure. I'm actually surprised, I wasn't aware Toadian craftsmanship was so refined...Either way, good luck finding your GP Ninja guy."

    The Nevadian then turned back to his work.

    A sigh escaped his lips.

    "Praxat." Held began, turning his attention to her once more, "I feel I should point out that even if the GP has a warrior well versed in one of the Ninjutsus, and even if he specialized in the sword....The odds of him being proficient in something like..."

    He looked up and down the length of the blade.

    "That....Are fairly remote."

    I mean....Sefi-Roth had a blade of similar length, but he's.....Maybe a figment of my imagination, so it's not like I could send her in his direction, and I don't think Frogspierre would even consider it if he were here....

    "I'll double check with Ochazuke later, but I think most Ninjutsu practitioners are somewhat more....."

    He fumbled for the words.

    "Subtle. Than anything that could be managed with a blade of that length. You'd be better off focusing on something more suited to open spaces or full scale encounters. I mean, your sword has more in common with my long spears than any average Ninjato."


    He scratched his chin.

    "Then again, I could have been reading the literature incorrectly... I don't know that many ninja masters mysel---Hold on."

    The Nevadian looked at his datapad once more, now sprawling with an endless variety of information and data, requests and reports.

    He could feel his head start to reel in protests. He had scarcely found some respite from his duties, and they all came crawling back.

    Not to mention, the inevitability of Her Return loomed large. Perhaps if he kept detracted, he would be able to postpone that moment, if only barely.

    "....You know, I suppose I could help you out a little bit." Held continued, rubbing his temple in discomfort, "I fought against a guy with a blade like that not too long ago, and he was....quite formidable, so if nothing else, I could help you to become more adept than you are right now."

    Anything to get away from all this paperwork...I wonder if I could pawn it off on Ulysses for a bit...?

    "And I've yet to meet a weapon I couldn't get my mileage out of. I won't even charge you the same rate I would charge an absolute stranger---Although even then, my services aren't cheap."

    He glanced one final time at the datapad, wincing in agony.

    "You're a princess or something, right?"

    "This sword wasn't made on my homeworld Qacriea. My ancestor Disdemona was a space adventure. My ancestor Disdemona was considered to be an outcast on my homeworld during her time more than 30,000 years ago. She was a chemist that was ahead of her time but was treated as a witch," Praxat said.

    "She left Qacriea with Konatsian named Vyggen. Who crashed land on Qacriea during her time. The reason she left was that her fellow people were attempting to kill her over an accident that happen," Praxat said.

    " My ancestor was trained in swordsmanship by this Konatsian. Stories I read about her said that she was a brave and courageous space adventurer who butt heads with corrupted governments of her time," Praxat said.

    " As for the sword's size, I think the opposite reason of why my ancestor Disdemona had such a giant sword forged for her. I believe she had this sword forged for her to compensating for something. I believe that she was very short and had a giant sword forged to compensate for her short stature," Praxat said.

    " The sword is made composite Iridium Diamond, and out of the materials, this sword is composed of. Only Iridium Diamond can be found on my home planet Qacriea. I'm not a princess but, my mother is the Prime Minister of my planet's current government, The Republic of Qacriea," Praxat said.

    " The weapons on my homeworld Qacriea during my ancestor Disdemona time were. Spears, bows and arrows, clubs, axes, knives, and natural weaponry like claws," Praxat said.

    "Sure, if you can help me become more adept with this sword than I'm now. Then I'll accept you help. By the way, I have no clue as to who forged this sword for my ancestor Disdemona. I do know the name of the sword, and it's The Thunderstorm Blade," Praxat said.

    Praxat sheathes her ancestor's sword. "Oh, I read up on Earth swords, and The type of sword similar to my ancestor's sword on Earth is called a Nodachi," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-25-2020 at 12:45 PM.

  3. #3423
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,888

    Default

    Khoolis’s weather seems to intensify at Parsley’s display of power, and after a moment, a strange energy feeling pings to those on Khoolis.

    A rumble, and the snow starts to surge up and up, ice cracking all around. A massive behemoth of snow and ice and power surges up and grabs Parsley, attempting to crush her to death.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #3424
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Khoolis’s weather seems to intensify at Parsley’s display of power, and after a moment, a strange energy feeling pings to those on Khoolis.

    A rumble, and the snow starts to surge up and up, ice cracking all around. A massive behemoth of snow and ice and power surges up and grabs Parsley, attempting to crush her to death.
    Inanna all of... watches this unfold.

    Her interest was more on the strange energy signature, was the planet alive? Was it a psyonic creature in the snow? Or something else entirely...

    "What are we dealing with here~" the woman mused aloud softly, before reaching out gently in a bid to contact whatever this was- or see if contact was at all possible.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  5. #3425
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Khoolis’s weather seems to intensify at Parsley’s display of power, and after a moment, a strange energy feeling pings to those on Khoolis.

    A rumble, and the snow starts to surge up and up, ice cracking all around. A massive behemoth of snow and ice and power surges up and grabs Parsley, attempting to crush her to death.
    A rumble in the ground and a flare of immense power were all the warnings Parsley would get before a massive hand erupted from the ground and snatched her up in its grasp. She struggled, only to find her strength lacking when it attempted to squeeze her to death.

    Yet, despite being in a perilous situation, she refrained from panicking. She knew exactly what to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna all of... watches this unfold.

    Her interest was more on the strange energy signature, was the planet alive? Was it a psyonic creature in the snow? Or something else entirely...

    "What are we dealing with here~" the woman mused aloud softly, before reaching out gently in a bid to contact whatever this was- or see if contact was at all possible.
    It seemed Inanna was attempting to ascertain what this creature was and if it could communicate in some way. While she did that, Parsley bit down on her finger, enough to draw steady blood. She started smearing blood on the giant's finger.

    I'll give her some time to figure this out. This thing may be able to help us.

    Not much time, as it was still trying to squeeze her like a bellows.

    When the time came, though, she would be ready.

  6. #3426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "I do," answered Voyavoda. Yes, he knew it quite well...

    "In modern times, it's an obscure place, forgotten by the wider universe. However, in Vocado's time, it was, believe it or not, a Nevadian colony... or perhaps vassal state would be a more accurate term. Its overseer was... not an upstanding fellow and used various species as slaves--most notably, Saiyans. This affront eventually attracted the attention of none other than Vocado himself, and he made war upon Cortis II, in order to free his fellows."

    The man paused for a moment. "His intentions were pure, but he was... young, impetuous, and this act ultimately resulted in a war between the Saiyans and Nevadian Empire. Back then, you see, my people were not the mercantile, ostensibly democracy-loving people we are today."

    Another pause to check a few diagnostics now that the engine had been running for a fair bit. All clear. "It was a short war, and... not particularly brutal. The Emperor of Nevada rode out to meet Vocado, and they did battle. Ultimately, they came to understand one another, to an extent, and things ended quite well."

    He chuckled, as if remembering a long-ago memory. "Even Nevadians can have the wool pulled over their eyes, and it turns out that the overseer of Cortis II had, under the cover of obscurity, been doing all those terrible things without the Emperor's knowledge. Vocado had sent missives to the Emperor, but they had been intercepted by the overseer's servants... when this came to light during the battle, the two... continued fighting, as the battle was quite enjoyable."
    The moment he heard Voyavoda give this history, Ochazuke became aware that his knowledge of the history and politicking in the wider universe had largely been concerned where they had coincided with Saiyan interests; what brought them here, after all, had been the particularly open threats the Threshling empire made to them and Earth both.

    "I've seen a great deal of the work of your folk as privateers and navigators, but Nevadian conquerors, well..."

    As soon as the words left his lips, Ochazuke cast a long glance outside the vessel's viewscreen at the small fleet overlooking the capital outside.

    "Appearances can be deceiving."

    It was easy to forget given the long days of battle over the last years, but in matters of war, achieving victory is not always about multiplying force.

    Leave it to the eyes of a Nevadian to target a weakness in an unassailable situation As he'd known this, it was largely in Held's uncanny ability to reach agreements and make it seem affable as they made mutual terms; Once he had been victorious over those that crossed him.

    "After the battle's conclusion, the two became fast friends and, in fact, forged an alliance between their two peoples. One of the emperor's daughters, Shyst, became Vocado's lifemate, sealing the alliance. Cortis II was mostly de-colonized and declared a neutral ground where diplomacy and cultural understanding could take place... though as I said, it and what it represented, at one time, have all but been forgotten. A shame..."

    "Regardless, having been there a number of times, I could fly us there in my sleep."
    "One wonders what would bring you back there," he mused. Taking a seat, he reached his ki into Nail's Artifact. Resonating with the wayfinder, he in turn projected a small indicator using Ishiki Toei that would find the way to the abducted Guardian they pursued.

    "Something happened to Cortis I, perhaps?"

  7. #3427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The moment he heard Voyavoda give this history, Ochazuke became aware that his knowledge of the history and politicking in the wider universe had largely been concerned where they had coincided with Saiyan interests; what brought them here, after all, had been the particularly open threats the Threshling empire made to them and Earth both.

    "I've seen a great deal of the work of your folk as privateers and navigators, but Nevadian conquerors, well..."

    As soon as the words left his lips, Ochazuke cast a long glance outside the vessel's viewscreen at the small fleet overlooking the capital outside.

    "Appearances can be deceiving."

    It was easy to forget given the long days of battle over the last years, but in matters of war, achieving victory is not always about multiplying force.

    Leave it to the eyes of a Nevadian to target a weakness in an unassailable situation As he'd known this, it was largely in Held's uncanny ability to reach agreements and make it seem affable as they made mutual terms; Once he had been victorious over those that crossed him.



    "One wonders what would bring you back there," he mused. Taking a seat, he reached his ki into Nail's Artifact. Resonating with the wayfinder, he in turn projected a small indicator using Ishiki Toei that would find the way to the abducted Guardian they pursued.

    "Something happened to Cortis I, perhaps?"
    "Not at all," replied Voyavoda. "It's still there, but lies outside the habitable zone of the system--as such, it is a mostly barren, lifeless planet, lacking in anything of worth except for its resources. And even in that capacity, it hasn't been used in well over a millenium."

    He paused for a moment. "Mm, but that is ancient history... though I do ask you treat the planet with the proper care, if you can. Now..."

    He pushed the loudspeaker button. "Everyone who's going to Cortis II, get on board. We'll be leaving in five minutes. Get to it!
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  8. #3428
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,888

    Default

    Dash gets on the ship heading to Cortis II.

    ——————

    On Khoolis, Inanna and Parsley get the sense of a large creature, easily about seventy feet tall as it slowly emerges from the snowy ground. It’s hostile, but only in the sense of a wild animal is hostile when you trespass on its territory, not a malicious intent.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #3429
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    On Khoolis, Inanna and Parsley get the sense of a large creature, easily about seventy feet tall as it slowly emerges from the snowy ground. It’s hostile, but only in the sense of a wild animal is hostile when you trespass on its territory, not a malicious intent.
    As the creature slowly rose out of the snowy ground and revealed itself in all its intimidating glory, Parsley came to realize its true nature. It was nothing more than a wild animal, strongly territorial in the same way a predator refused to allow any foreign creature to encroach on its hunting grounds without recompense.

    She sighed heavily and pointed her index finger at its head. "I've no time to trifle with an animal."

    An invisible Void Beam cut a path from her finger to the creature, wrapping around its head twice to ensure it got her message loud and clear. The ensuing sonic boom was the parchment on which her warning was written, signed, and delivered.

  10. #3430
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    On Khoolis, Inanna and Parsley get the sense of a large creature, easily about seventy feet tall as it slowly emerges from the snowy ground. It’s hostile, but only in the sense of a wild animal is hostile when you trespass on its territory, not a malicious intent.
    While Parsley attempted to kill it, Inanna understood this creature could prove useful.

    Reaching out, the woman attempted to telepathically express the duo's intent- to find Koorimaru, and leave as quickly as possible- of course... the mind of a beast was hardly the same as the mind of a sapient being. Who knew how well it might work.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #3431
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,888

    Default

    The great beast roars and drops Parsley, her attack shocking it. Inanna’s telepathic broadcasting of their intent halts it, however, and it leans down and looks at her. This close it looks like a massive bear mixed with an ice wolf, all snowy white making it hard to see in the blizzard aside from its glowing green eyes. It sniffs, then howls, loudly, and moves away about a hundred feet. It stops and looks back, indicating the two to follow it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #3432
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The great beast roars and drops Parsley, her attack shocking it. Inanna’s telepathic broadcasting of their intent halts it, however, and it leans down and looks at her. This close it looks like a massive bear mixed with an ice wolf, all snowy white making it hard to see in the blizzard aside from its glowing green eyes. It sniffs, then howls, loudly, and moves away about a hundred feet. It stops and looks back, indicating the two to follow it.
    If that was an omen of their time there, it was going to be a long and frustrating affair. The creature relented, undoubtedly the result of some telepathic prodding from her sister-in-law.

    "I'm tempted to just blow this world up and pluck Koorimaru from the wreckage," she sighed. She stretched to loosen herself after having a big squeeze put on her. The creature was stronger than she wanted to give it credit for, even if her life wasn't in any danger.

    It wanted them to follow. She sighed again and trailed behind it. I hope it's leading us to where we need to go.

    The blizzard created a veil, a blank white sheen that made it difficult to see much of anything more than a few feet in front of her. This included the behemoth creature once it turned around. Facing her, she could at least make out its glowing green eyes. It made for an eerie ambience, one that sent a chill down her spine the first time she beheld it.

    "I wonder what else is on this hellscape," she muttered to herself.

  13. #3433
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,731

    Default

    "I might agree, if this planet was not of some value." Inanna replied.

    A creature capable of making a Super Saiyan "2", whatever that meant, was certainly worth keeping around. To say nothing of a planet full of them. "Maybe after I catalogue everything, assuming of course that our plan doesn't go to shit; and our purpose here isn't to simply feed the wildlife."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  14. #3434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Dash gets on the ship heading to Cortis II.

    ——————

    On Khoolis, Inanna and Parsley get the sense of a large creature, easily about seventy feet tall as it slowly emerges from the snowy ground. It’s hostile, but only in the sense of a wild animal is hostile when you trespass on its territory, not a malicious intent.
    With everyone interested in the Cortis II mission on board, Voyavoda performed his final checks & adjustments, closed the bay door, and then lifted off. With this (almost) state-of-the-art ship, it didn't take long to clear the atmosphere and get into orbit... and then beyond. Silently, he piloted the ship to the edge of the planet's gravity well, and...

    "Everyone buckled in? Ja? Good. Hold onto your asses," he said into the intercom. With that, he reached over to a lever, grasped it, and pulled it down. With a lurch, the stars outside stretched, and the ship entered hyperspace.



    "There. Shouldn't take us long, relatively speaking, to get there," he said, leaning back in his seat.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  15. #3435
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,888

    Default

    The near invisible blizzard creature moves silently, always waiting with its strange green eyes for them to catch up.

    For two hours, amidst a freezing hellscape of wind, cold, ice, and snow it leads them until, finally, an open cavern appears before them.

    It nudges at it, far too large to go in itself, then looks at them.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •