Page 24 of 371 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It doesn’t answer, inside appearing behind her, scythe swinging to behead her.
    Having reached the lookout just in time to witness some... scythe-wielding guy attack dash, Totoma sprang into action, reorienting himself into a forward flying kick, aimed at the attacker's head.

The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

It doesn’t answer, appearing behind her, scythe swinging to behead her.
    Speed, agility, and an instinct for survival kick in as Dash doges the scythe. As she moves she is fully aware that something is going on down below. Question is, will this creature let her land there? Her energy levels were quickly being replenished, but she needed to use it carefully.

A weapon forms in her hand, a long bladed sword, thanks to the Spider Armor. Time to see if her training, and her speed, can match whatever this creature can throw at her.

Moving in fast, she goes on the attack, aiming to disarm it if possible, kill if only if necessary.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Shōchū and anyone else traveling after Dash, you arrive just in time to see Dash attacking a strange barrier.

With a mighty power up and blast, after a few seconds Dash manages to shatter the barrier. Upon shattering, the shards of the magic barrier seem to evaporate into dark smoke, then converge and become an individual floating above an obviously attacked Lookout.

Below this figure, sounds of Battle could be heard amidst the Lookout and it’s buildings.
    The flight to the Lookout was painfully easy to make with the flickers of power felt even from the Capsule Corps building. With plans made, all that was left was reaching the battle in time.

Approaching the floating sanctuary, Shōchū would be witness to the results of Dash's battle with the barrier, the glass-like shards dissipating into a thick smoke that coalesced into a figure whose appearance strongly tried to invoke the terror of death itself. Said figure would attempt to behead Dash, only for the human girl and Totoma to quickly rebuff the scythe wielder.

Determining that the two of them would suffice to handle that one for now, Shōchū quickly descended to the Lookout, heading into the buildings where the sounds of combat were still heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Once her captive was subdued, mentally broken, she turned to Blizzar, Totoma, and Adam.

"I assume you have your orders relating to the protection of your creator, Adam, so I will simply ask you to continue with them," Shōchū began, " Blizzar, was it? It might be beneficial to take these two to the Galaxy Police for further questioning, but I have no authority over you so you are free to join Totoma and I to the lookout."

Far from a commander in her own ranks, time was of the essence if they were to catch up to Dash and assist in Eva's protection.
    "I'll join you shortly, perhaps," Blizzar had noted to her. "I'm going to have this rabble transferred to a maximum security facility. Perhaps there is something further that can be interrogated from them."

Without another word, Blizzar called in a transport shuttle from the GP's Earth Base to pick up the prisoners.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    By the time Inanna recovered enough to stand, the conversation between her 'Knight', and the still-alive Nevanlinna was well underway. Good. Last thing she needed today, was a dead ally literally on her hands. Rubbing the back of her neck, the golden-eyed woman carefully made her way over to the duo- and soon trio as Parsley arrived to converse- and with a small wave Inanna announced her presence with.

"Auroc is an idiot."

What that meant, or what relevance it had was perhaps... questionable. At least until the woman bothered to continue.

"For starters. She tried to go after my wife and child; on Vocado. Second, the odds of his killing the Queen of Reshlan are slim to none. Someone that powerful, with as much sway over a population of similarly stronger-than-normal individuals? No. He's trying to break her, more than likely. So he can vomit all over her and make another 'Disciple' or whatever they're called." Sucking in a sharp breath the woman then said.

"Third... his contingency plan for this... debacle, was 'Inanna might probably kill me'. That's not a contingency plan unless he's..."

The golden-eyed woman slowed to a stop.

"Ser Knight," Inanna said, swiftly changing tone and direction. "Was Vocado the only objective here today?"
    “Cloning......not likely. We lack that ability or technology. However, perhaps a form of....regeneration, or necromancy was performed if indeed this Knight is a Saiyan.”

He pauses before answering about Sarada.

“I was not privy to his mind, but I do recall him mentioning wanting the child for its power and it’s ‘birthright’ as he called it. I am unaware what that would be beyond Vocado’s throne.”

He looks at Inanna.

“No, Lady Inanna. Earth was also a target, though beyond that I do not know. Perhaps some of the other freed Threshlings may know more, but he did not fully trust me even when I was under his sway.”
    "Was hedging his bets there, then." Inanna said with a frown. "Guessing he wants The Smartest Man Alive™." Or he knew how to siphon away creational energy. Either way, it was bad news bears Walter Matthau. "Has anyone checked in with Earth, recently?" She was at this point of course asking Parsley, and Nevanlinna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna shook her head. "No, I have been keeping to the Saiyan Worlds for quite some time. More... training opportunities, as you might have guessed." Not that Earth was bereft of powerful fighters and useful knowledge, but she had focused on gaining power and refining what skills she had, not learning every trick under the sun. And, to be honest, most of those she could call 'friend' resided in the Saiyan Empire.

...hah, irony.

Before she could speak, another--Tasure's--spoke up. "I can contact my boy... I'm sure he's gotten dragged into any trouble going on back ho--on Earth." She closed her eyes and reached out mentally through her Kizuna with her son...

'BOY'

Back on Vocado, Tasure laughed. "Ha! All I had to say was "BOY" and he told me what I wanted. Seems they didn't get Jinzi, but might still get Earth's guardian. Halfway tempted to hop on over there and up my score..." She mulled over it for a bit... it would probably be prudent to bring a few of the others if she did... things here were fairly under control now, but that wasn't the case on Earth.
    Parsley's eyes narrowed. It was exactly as she suspected. Auroc hadn't put all his eggs into one basket and orchestrated a simultaneous attack on Earth, as well. His goal? Jinzi and Eva. As devoid of surprise as this revelation was, it was highly annoying, as it meant they had to delay their assault on Reshlan and Auroc for however much longer it was going to take to quash this latest invasion.

"If Auroc has his sights set on Eva and Jinzi, we're wasting time standing here." She tapped her wrist and opened a portal to Capsule Corp. "We need to hurry before we lose another Guardian." She was reasonably certain whatever defensive measures Jinzi had at CC would repel the Threshling forces. Eva, on the other hand, was almost defenseless if they managed to catch Earth's defenders as off-guard as Vocado's were.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Speed, agility, and an instinct for survival kick in as Dash doges the scythe. As she moves she is fully aware that something is going on down below. Question is, will this creature let her land there? Her energy levels were quickly being replenished, but she needed to use it carefully.

A weapon forms in her hand, a long bladed sword, thanks to the Spider Armor. Time to see if her training, and her speed, can match whatever this creature can throw at her.

Moving in fast, she goes on the attack, aiming to disarm it if possible, kill if only if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Having reached the lookout just in time to witness some... scythe-wielding guy attack dash, Totoma sprang into action, reorienting himself into a forward flying kick, aimed at the attacker's head.

As she was about to move in, a pair of boots came flying past her, boots worn by Totoma. This made her hesitate for a moment as she watched him heading for Scythe-Guy's head.

Her hesitancy didn't last but a millisecond as she flared up her aura and moved in fast with her sword, aiming to disarm the dark cloaked being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's eyes narrowed. It was exactly as she suspected. Auroc hadn't put all his eggs into one basket and orchestrated a simultaneous attack on Earth, as well. His goal? Jinzi and Eva. As devoid of surprise as this revelation was, it was highly annoying, as it meant they had to delay their assault on Reshlan and Auroc for however much longer it was going to take to quash this latest invasion.

"If Auroc has his sights set on Eva and Jinzi, we're wasting time standing here." She tapped her wrist and opened a portal to Capsule Corp. "We need to hurry before we lose another Guardian." She was reasonably certain whatever defensive measures Jinzi had at CC would repel the Threshling forces. Eva, on the other hand, was almost defenseless if they managed to catch Earth's defenders as off-guard as Vocado's were.
    Inanna quirked an eyebrow, and as she followed Parsley through the portal she asked simply. "Another?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna quirked an eyebrow, and as she followed Parsley through the portal she asked simply. "Another?"
    "Did no one tell you that Maiz has been taken?"

Parsley could hardly feel anyone at Capsule Corp, other than Praxat. Completely unwilling to even entertain the thought of interacting with the frog, she extended her senses outward to encompass the entire planet. It was then that she felt a battle raging elsewhere. "I believe I found our battle." Without further comment, she quickly lifted into the air and took off.

Avoca was some distance behind her and was having difficulty keeping up. At this rate, she was going to be completely left behind. Damn it. Whoever this Eva person is had better be important.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Your lab seems untouched.
    (Good, my Lab is okay. Now I can get to work analyzation and studying this material I took from one of the Threshlings!) Praxat thought.

Praxat takes out a piece of shimmery black material and uses her Lab equipment to start analyzing it." ( mastering the art of compression has allowed me to travel at absurd speeds by jumping. Look back, I would laugh at my younger self for my inefficient way of jumping back than. From Althena, I learn that just doing one big hop takes too much time and wastes energy,) Praxat thought.

( The art of compression is about efficiency. By using a specific combination of jumps. I can travel at absurd speeds without waste much time storing elastic potential energy while also conserving energy,) Praxat thought.

(I hope Dash and the others are doing okay. There's probably a big fight happen on the Lookout. Wish I could join in, but my work comes first,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-20-2020 at 02:56 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

OOC: There is Always a Big Fight happening at the Lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: There is Always a Big Fight happening at the Lookout.
    OOC: I'm Aware.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

As the Earth portal opened, abother figure slipped through as well. The battle for Vocado had ended but it seemed like the team was moving cities, so to speak. He had to admit, he was curious about the goals of these Threshlings and how fast he could wipe them off the face of the galaxy. A threat to multiple planets living under the nose of the galaxy, striking whenever they see fit? There was no bigger foul than that.

There would be a protest to his presence perhaps, but for now they had no reason to duke it out. "Can't say I've ever been to Earth before," the halfling added casually, as they slid through the dimensional gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    As the Earth portal opened, abother figure slipped through as well. The battle for Vocado had ended but it seemed like the team was moving cities, so to speak. He had to admit, he was curious about the goals of these Threshlings and how fast he could wipe them off the face of the galaxy. A threat to multiple planets living under the nose of the galaxy, striking whenever they see fit? There was no bigger foul than that.

There would be a protest to his presence perhaps, but for now they had no reason to duke it out. "Can't say I've ever been to Earth before," the halfling added casually, as they slid through the dimensional gateway.
    Parsley was too far ahead and moving to fast to hear Lantro, but he didn't escape her notice. He didn't escape Avoca's either.

She had never seen him before, but his energy felt familiar. He was there during the battle on Vocado, fighting against the Threshling. If he was fighting for them then, she saw little reason why he wouldn't be fighting for them now. At the same time, though, she saw little reason to trust him. Self-preservation made allies out of even the fiercest enemies. As such, she turned her attention to him to politely inquire of his reason.

"Who the hell are you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley was too far ahead and moving to fast to hear Lantro, but he didn't escape her notice. He didn't escape Avoca's either.

She had never seen him before, but his energy felt familiar. He was there during the battle on Vocado, fighting against the Threshling. If he was fighting for them then, she saw little reason why he wouldn't be fighting for them now. At the same time, though, she saw little reason to trust him. Self-preservation made allies out of even the fiercest enemies. As such, she turned her attention to him to politely inquire of his reason.

"Who the hell are you?"
    "Name's Lantro. Tried to kill your sister once with some tuffles, " he explained. "Can't call it a close game, but it wasn't a blowout either. We really should've studied the tape..."

Lantro scratched his chin. "Anyway, your sister hit me with this...virus. Benched me for a while, but after I recovered...fate ended up drafting me to Vocado. Been living there low key ever since," Lantro shrugged. "That enough of an explanation?'

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Name's Lantro. Tried to kill your sister once with some tuffles, " he explained. "Can't call it a close game, but it wasn't a blowout either. We really should've studied the tape..."

Lantro scratched his chin. "Anyway, your sister hit me with this...virus. Benched me for a while, but after I recovered...fate ended up drafting me to Vocado. Been living there low key ever since," Lantro shrugged. "That enough of an explanation?'
    "I don't have a sister," she answered, deadpan.

Lantro clearly was mistaking Avoca for Parsley. Which was odd since they didn't look anything alike. Well, they did say that married couples started to resemble each other after a while, but it had only been three years for them! "Oh, it's you. You're mistaking me for my wife."

With that out of the way, she could on why he was there. She knew that Sarada hit him with some kind of anti-Saiyan gas that she had developed way back when Jagam was actually relevant. Avoca thought she would have used it by then, but nah, she was holding on to it for no apparent reason. That, along with him just so happening to be on Vocado when the invasion happened didn't really explain why he'd bother to help the Saiyans. Especially when he admitted to trying to kill Sarada with the Tuffles!

Her eyes narrowed when she regarded him again. "No, it isn't. Doesn't explain why you fought for us when you tried to **** us over with those damned Tuffles."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!