Page 227 of 371 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Section 9 covers all the artifacts Parsley and Blizzar found in Auroc’s vault (reference back for their descriptions).

The three fruit Parsley took are Chance Fruit, as explained to Parsley. Pretty much everything here is stuff Blizzar and Parsley learned, so now Inanna knows it too.
    Other people's shiny things were of no immediate interest to Inanna, and so she moved onto the next section...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Other people's shiny things were of no immediate interest to Inanna, and so she moved onto the next section...
    Section 10 also doesn’t tell her much more than she already knows about the Palatine. What is notable is that Auroc took special care to not cross Zxu’ro or Banespell’s path after Eldfen fell.

Zxu’ro, Master of the Chimera School -Human, presumed dead but unsure. DO NOT cross him.
    Vocado, Lord of the Saiyans -Dead, the fool. Good riddance.
    Caladash Banespell, Lord of the Darklings -Must be the Lord Forger, though I cannot confirm. I believe him too dangerous to ever cross.
    Cleos, Guardian and Queen of Amonra -Dead, she was the heart of them. Without her, possible cracks in the alliance?
    Durga, Oni Captain -missing, location unknown. Presumed alive and of moderate threat. Keep an eye out.
    Kyuubi, First Kitani of the Forest -missing, presumed dead? Very dangerous if still alive.
    Haden, of the First Race -Hiding, doesn’t seem interested in playing with the rest of the universe. Fine by me.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Section 10 also doesn’t tell her much more than she already knows about the Palatine. What is notable is that Auroc took special care to not cross Zxu’ro or Banespell’s path after Eldfen fell.

Zxu’ro, Master of the Chimera School -Human, presumed dead but unsure. DO NOT cross him.
    Vocado, Lord of the Saiyans -Dead, the fool. Good riddance.
    Caladash Banespell, Lord of the Darklings -Must be the Lord Forger, though I cannot confirm. I believe him too dangerous to ever cross.
    Cleos, Guardian and Queen of Amonra -Dead, she was the heart of them. Without her, possible cracks in the alliance?
    Durga, Oni Captain -missing, location unknown. Presumed alive and of moderate threat. Keep an eye out.
    Kyuubi, First Kitani of the Forest -missing, presumed dead? Very dangerous if still alive.
    Haden, of the First Race -Hiding, doesn’t seem interested in playing with the rest of the universe. Fine by me.
    It seemed that Auroc suspected as Inanna had confirmed, moreover it proved Banespell had a thing for the number seven... moving onto the next section Inanna made a mental note to consult Ochazuke or Zaofan, about Zxu'ro.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The last section she can read, Section 12: Treasures, talks about the various treasures he had claimed over his vast lifetime. Gold in nine different hues, silver from various Nevada’s so pure it glowed. Statues and art from a hundred planets and a dozen universes or timelines. Hundreds of different jewels, weapons, chalices, vases, etc......

More than even Incenio’s horde.

All accessible, apparently, via a Red Amulet that one had to wear to gain access in his vault.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The last section she can read, Section 12: Treasures, talks about the various treasures he had claimed over his vast lifetime. Gold in nine different hues, silver from various Nevada’s so pure it glowed. Statues and art from a hundred planets and a dozen universes or timelines. Hundreds of different jewels, weapons, chalices, vases, etc......

All accessible, apparently, via a Red Amulet that one had to wear to gain access in his vault.
    Inanna cackled. Whoever picked up that Amulet was going to be amusingly rich. Why Auroc needed any of this was the bigger question however, though one supposed based on the previous sections he felt it was deserved.

"Heh."

Finishing her translation for Parsley, the woman closed the book with a sigh and moved on to her next order of business... processing the information.

OT: Thanks Cleric! Time to write up an in-depth breakdown~

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Etrina has opened a portal to Khoolis, Koorimaru and RemnantÂ’s location.

Do you intend to fly to Cortis II via ship following NailÂ’s Artifact to guide you all? If so that will take you probably twelve hours to a day, depending on how hard you push the First Race Ships. Cortis II is oddly close to where Threshling space ends and GP controlled space begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley looked at the portal to Khoolis. A wave of silent unease swept through her. Remnant was far more powerful than anyone they had ever faced, even Auroc. Yet, her Saiyan blood was alight at the prospect of facing someone that strong in battle.

On the other hand, her more sensible side tempered that excitement with the realization that one wrong move meant that she would be erased forever. No Otherworld, no Purgatory, just eternal darkness. She didn't want to even imagine what that was like, nor did she want to experience it firsthand. If I go, I'll have to be careful. I need a plan.

She knew that evidently, Remnant was asleep, which meant - because he was in control of his body - Koorimaru couldn't move. There was a chance, a small one, that she could abscond with the vile Arcosian without any trouble. With her new spell, getting to him wouldn't be an issue. Neither would sneaking him out. The only question was what to do with him.

She would have to consider that another time. For the time being, the important thing was making sure that both Koorimaru and Remnant were taken out of play.

Permanently.

"So, are we doing this now, or not?"
    Once they had determined the course of action, Ochazuke parsed what little information they had to go on.

Cardinal directions to two planets. Portal access to a fixed point.

"We know where they are," he said, "Though, the fact that he had recalled his drone before making his case any clearer makes things no less suspicious. Nor do we know precisely where the portal leads but to his proximity."

Perhaps in the rush to act on this information, the long day of fighting and all he had weighting on his mind may have fixed his view to the swiftest course of action; but perhaps not necessarily the most prudent.

Tilt.

"Yet where Koorimaru and the Remnant would be, right now, may be something we can access in an instant, if I understand Etrina correctly," he said. "Going to Khoolis now will yield invaluable information but will necessitate the risk of engaging him."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Once they had determined the course of action, Ochazuke parsed what little information they had to go on.

Cardinal directions to two planets. Portal access to a fixed point.

"We know where they are," he said, "Though, the fact that he had recalled his drone before making his case any clearer makes things no less suspicious. Nor do we know precisely where the portal leads but to his proximity."

Perhaps in the rush to act on this information, the long day of fighting and all he had weighting on his mind may have fixed his view to the swiftest course of action; but perhaps not necessarily the most prudent.

Tilt.

"Yet where Koorimaru and the Remnant would be, right now, may be something we can access in an instant, if I understand Etrina correctly," he said. "Going to Khoolis now will yield invaluable information but will necessitate the risk of engaging him."
    "I would prefer we wait to engage Koorimaru and Remnant until after Maiz is out of their clutches. Without her, their plan falls apart, if the Icer's words are to believed." Maiz was the Warrior who trained Kings and Queens. Parsley took that to mean she was an invaluable cog in the mechanism needed to free Remnant from his prison. If she was taken away, that would be that.

That, unfortunately, wasn't possible. They had a very short window before the slain GoD woke up and reasserted control over the Frost Demon. She wasn't sure how long even a First Race ship would take to travel to Cortis II, though she wagered not very long. Even still, a simultaneous strike was their best bet to deal with everything swiftly.

"But waiting isn't an option." She sighed. "I don't know how powerful Koorimaru is with Remnant, but I'm unwilling to bet on my power against his. Not with this serious a situation. Our best bet is taking him quickly while he's still immobile. I've learned a new spell that lets me move from shadow to shadow. Given time, I may be able to capture him before anyone notices."

There were too many unknown variables with her plan for her to have the utmost confidence in it. She would have loved to just shelve the entire thing for another day and go to sleep.

"Returning the amulet to its original owner after capture Koorimaru solves this problem."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Inanna cleared her throat.

" Remnant is still recovering his strength; we likely won't have another chance at this, trap or not."

Arx Inosaan

Another site of destruction marred the palace as the hallway he had wandered down was blocked by rubble, the ceiling caved in allowing natural air and light to flow in freely. Reaching down he picked up a piece of filigree, no doubt part of the extravagant decorum that lined the rest of the hallway. As it was now, this well-crafted piece made of precious materials was nothing more than debris. He didn't know how long he had been aimlessly walking through these halls, only that much like his physical path, his mental path had reached a dead end. Supposedly a "complete" being, he was unaware of his purpose and uncertain of his own will. For all the power he might have possessed, he was little more than the ruined filigree he held in his hand.

For all the convenience the identity of "Charco" gave, it was proving to be a set of frustrating bindings. He was Charco, yet he was much more; there were those who he could call friends, yet they were also strangers.

Tossing the piece of debris aside, it struck the pile of rubble with enough force to scatter the rest of it around, clearing out just enough of a path to continue. The question was: would he find anything beyond this threshold, or would he remain clueless in all regards?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Have fun with that." Held replied dryly, looking over the information being provided by his men on his data pad, "I'll have my hands full explaining this event to the GP, never mind helping with the aid effort and explaining to my superiors how I started and ended a war while barely bothering to so much as send out a communication."

Good grief...I thought everyone was up my ass before now....I'll need to order a cushion and an ice pack...And some extra strong ale.

The Nevadian rubbed his temples with his free hand, before reflecting on something.

"A sword master?" He turned his head, quirking an eye at her, "You're thinking of taking up a weapon, eh?"

He nodded in approval.

"I always thought it was a tragedy that more among us didn't see the merit in taking up a weapon. It's an art just as much as spell casting or punching people in the face."

Then again, not many systems were as intricate as the systems of the Unicorn School, it seemed. To Held, using his spear was as simple as using his arms or legs, to the point that actually being without his trusted spears did little to change his methods by any great extent. Practically anything he could do with a spear, he could do without it, or vice versa...

Except scratch the lower part of his back in exactly the right spot, as his arms were *just* too short to--

Under his breathe he muttered.

I don't know if I would choose a gimped spear to be my weapon of choice, but to each their own.

He rubbed his chin contemplating the question.

"I mean....I could ask Blizzar if he knows any sword masters. I'm not on bad terms with the GP, but I hardly sit around keeping tabs on their hobbies outside of the office."

He paused before continuing.

"Although, if I were to give you some advice, it would be to find someone to teach you the basics, before hunting such a guy down, assuming they exist. The Galaxy Police are usually pretty busy eating donuts or enforcing some inane law, so I don't know if any of them would be inclined to teach an absolute novice, even if they had the time. Someone simply competent would suffice to get you to be...."

The Nevadian shifted his hand from side to side.

"Let's say proficient. Although, Swords are hardly the most difficult weapon to figure out the basics of...I mean, I probably technically qualify as a sword master in some capacity. My brother would probably take umbrage to that statement, however.."

A sword wielding Toadian.....Why does that---OH JEEZ. FROGSPIERRE. I WAS SUPPOSED TO CONTACT HIM AT THE LOOKOUT....Eh, it's fine. I'm sure Eva explained to him I'm busy.

Held paused, realizing the tangent he was on.

"In any case, I would ask Blizzar if you really wanted to specifically find someone from the GP."
    " Yeah, I'm looking for a swordmaster to train me in swordsmanship, So that I can feel worthy of welding my ancestor Disdemona's sword. Stories I read about her said that her skills in swordsmanship were exceptional," Praxat said.

Praxat then on unsheathes her ancestor's sword and shows it to Held. The sword is of remarkable craftsmanship. The blade is absurdly long and curved like a Katana. It's a sword design to be a two-handed weapon, and obviously, design for smashing and cutting, giving its curved blade and size.

Engraved in the hilt is the name Disdemona Luue. " Dash compliment me on my sword skills during battle, and I was just copying what she was doing," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-23-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

It was a rare moment nowadays, that Inanna had the time to properly process and reflect upon new information; and yet here she sat in the Maven's 'Office' with just that.

As she ruminate, she made sure to scrawl her notes, at least some of them, for Parsley.

OT: Annotations will be in italics.

Section 1 is about Sakin creating Auroc, and Auroc fulfilling many of Sakin’s tasks as the Angel was busy elsewhere.
    While I found this section informative as to Auroc's ultimate motivations, something I sympathize with in part considering the reason for my- for Ishtar's- existence... that is about the extent of my sympathy for the being once known as Auroc. The knowledge that Sakin himself is well-versed in Hakai however is rather curious...

It hinted, at the very least, that Whis- her mentor of a kind, though they'd yet to meet- was not an exception to the rule. His book on Hakai affording Inanna the space to develop her now considerable finesse with the energies of annihilation; and gave her a possible thread to tug on once she returned to Lampton...

Section 2 is a brief list of names and status’s of the Gods Auroc knew from the sealed universes, with small descriptions next to a few.
    I found this list highly informative... if for no other reason that to put names to the positions I wish to court and assess. That Auroc seemed to have kept this list current however is very curious, and hints at things transpiring behind the scenes far faster than I might have otherwise assumed...

I suggest a trip to Universe 16, and Universe 18 sooner, rather than later. We know the boundaries between Universes are already, at best, frayed... to have a Vampire God and her coven, along with a Demon God traipsing about? I find myself agreeing with Auroc's assessment to a point. I would however caution Sarada's involvement.

There was another reason she wished to visit these respective universes, of course. Inanna was for lack of a better term 'untrained'. Whis' notebook had allowed her a level of mastery previously unmanaged by Ishtar true; but she was merely scratching the surface. That she shared the genetic lineage of Demons- thanks to Ishtar's idiotic curiosity- likewise meant that 'She Who Stalks' might make for a perfect mentor... provided she survived their first encounter. As would Cancer, A Vampire which was essentially a blood mage of a particular preference.

Which was why Sarada's involvement was dissuaded. Parsley would perhaps, understand. Sarada? She wouldn't stop until she'd caved in their skulls or died in the attempt...

Looking over this section a final time, Inanna found another two points to add for Parsley's review.

The Kitani is also interesting as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that he bore a child... and as for Sihn, there is a chance however small that this can be used to our advantage. The Gallows Lord, a member of the Ulthan, had an accord with Auroc for this information. I say we give it him, an Ulthan favor will prove useful...

It would be left unspoken as to why, on the off chance this information fell into the wrong hands.

Section 5 is much like Section 2. This one covers the Angels of the sealed universes.
    Inanna kept thoughts on this section, brief.

I care little for the Angels no long about in the Sealed Universes, as for Stine, and Lampton? I know of the latter and will say nothing unless he allows, and seek to slaughter the former for his hand in the murder of my mother. Inslay however... I suggest seeking out. If she is no ally of Auroc, she is perhaps an ally of ours.

Section 8: Visions.
    Of Reshlan burning, Inanna cared little. She had performed her first act of Creation, suffusing the planet with the energies of Hozon to help equalize and mend. It would not burn in her time.

The latter three however?

There is a vision of three Destroyers, one ic Ruin, one of Abomination, and one of Nothing. All powerful, all seeking a universes’ end.
    The Dreadnaught perhaps? There are three who exist. Or perhaps, given their nature... my alternate self, Genesis, and one other? The problem I have with prophetic vision... the lack of clarity.

There is a vision of a massive Chimera reaching down and engulfing a planet in searing white light.
    Will need to investigate this further. To my knowledge no massive Chimera exist in the current Universe; or if so they remain dormant and hidden.

Unless of course...

No, she was hardly massive. Though perhaps this tied into the Chimera School mentioned later on.

And the last vision is one of a woman floating in space, Creation and Destruction in her eyes, with twelve figures ringing around her, six in Golden auras of light and six with auras purest silver.
    This one concerned her most.

Asha'rah's reascension perhaps? If so, this is something I will not allow. Nor will I allow anyone else to attain that measure of power, Genesis notwithstanding as she's already in possession of it... for now.

I trust you share this opinion.

Section 9 covers all the artifacts Parsley and Blizzar found in Auroc’s vault (reference back for their descriptions).
    This was perhaps the briefest section yet.

I don't care for shiny things that aren't mine.

This further confirms what I surmised earlier. We must proceed very, very carefully from here. I'd also recommend a consultation with Ochazuke about Zxu'ro and his Chimera School in light of the prophesy of a massive Chimera...

Someone is very, very rich. Though I fail to see how trinkets, baubles, and precious metal can compare to owning multiple planets. Inceino, monster...ous fool that he may have been, was a very very rich individual.

That pure silver however, may be forged into something of worth... I will ask for permission to tinker with it, provided we find the owner of the Vault.

-----

There was more that Inanna could have said, or hinted at perhaps, but a face to face with Parsley, time permitting was far safer- or at least she HOPED it would be, this time- than creating a paper trail; and so for now that was all she would reveal.

Finished with this Journal and it's translation for now, Inanna added the following note on its cover, before placing it into a capsule and using Blood Magic to literally teleport it into Parsley's pocket. Something she'd most certainly not miss.

Parsley,

Once you have finished reading through what had been translated, I would speak about our plans moving forward. There are several trips that must be taken, and I would benefit from the assistance of a peer... you, if it isn't already obvious

- Inanna
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-22-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Arx Inosaan

Finished with this Journal and it's translation for now, Inanna added the following note on its cover, before placing it into a capsule and using Blood Magic to literally teleport it into Parsley's pocket. Something she'd most certainly not miss.

Parsley,

Once you have finished reading through what had been translated, I would speak about our plans moving forward. There are several trips that must be taken, and I would benefit from the assistance of a peer... you, if it isn't already obvious

- Inanna
    Parsley flinched when she felt something appear in her tights. At first, she thought someone was stupid enough to try and cop a feel, only to realize no one was close enough when she she turned to look around. What?

She reached into her pants and found Auroc's journal. ??? On the cover was a note from Inanna. Ah, it must have been her. Handing it to me would have sufficed, though... Everything the woman could read had been translated, which resulted in all but three sections of the book being rendered readable to the Saiyanness.

Perfect.

It would offer prime before-bed-reading material when she finally returned home. She turned and offered the woman a nod of thanks.

Inanna cleared her throat.

" Remnant is still recovering his strength; we likely won't have another chance at this, trap or not."
    ...followed by a response.

"I'm aware. His minions shouldn't be too much for us to handle, and with him indisposed of, it wouldn't be much trouble to capture him and escape. Then, we take him to Night, as I suggested, so he can deal with the reawakened Remnant."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Inanna sighed.

"Another trip to his planet is in order then, I suppose..." something she'd have wished to hold off on as long as possible; but perhaps unavoidable in the current situation.

"Should probably bring Sasheem. Night seemed to enjoy the tacos he offered last time."

Arx Inosaan

Inanna sighed.

"Another trip to his planet is in order then, I suppose..." something she'd have wished to hold off on as long as possible; but perhaps unavoidable in the current situation.

"Should probably bring Sasheem. Night seemed to enjoy the tacos he offered last time."
    "I was going anyway," she responded. "I want to know why he was spying on Sarada." While not her primary meeting room, there were some sensitive topics discussed while Sarada was sitting on the throne. Even if there wasn't, it was still a violation and it needed to be discussed. Preferably before she informed her sister.

"I would think you would be a little more concerned. Night isn't one to actively seek out opposition, as far as I know. Which makes this concerning."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I was going anyway," she responded. "I want to know why he was spying on Sarada." While not her primary meeting room, there were some sensitive topics discussed while Sarada was sitting on the throne. Even if there wasn't, it was still a violation and it needed to be discussed. Preferably before she informed her sister.

"I would think you would be a little more concerned. Night isn't one to actively seek out opposition, as far as I know. Which makes this concerning."
    "Concerned? Yes. Of course... but for a reason you don't remember." Inanna replied. "The leftover energies contained within the corpse of that Wish Dragon you touched, nearly killed you. The only way to deal with him is to sate his curiosity, or enter a bargain." The woman sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"It hasn't even been 48 hours since your 'run in' with him. I know you're a Saiyan, but even you should be smart enough to know that concern does not mean you throw caution to the wind."

Arx Inosaan