Page 100 of 371 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As they sat down in the kitchen area to eat, Dash continued their discussion with a question, "You said that you needed to work on Bioelectromagnistism an your body temperature, right? So, ah, how do you go about trainin to do that? If ah knew more maybe ah can better help you do it."
    Well, thinking focus on honing the techniques that required me to use my Bio electromagnetism is the key to working on my Bio electromagnetism. What do you know about Auras? I believe if I can form a Bio-Electric Aura that will allow my body temperature to stay constant during the cold.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Well, thinking focus on honing the techniques that required me to use my Bio electromagnetism is the key to working on my Bio electromagnetism. What do you know about Auras? I believe if I can form a Bio-Electric Aura that will allow my body temperature to stay constant during the cold."
    "Ah see. yeah, that makes sense. As for auras, you talkin about a specific kind of aura. We all know how to create auras with our ki, that's what happens when we power up. Ki aura has many uses, it's not just for show. Though ah assume you know that already. Ah know others can create auras usin different energies or whatever, even magic can be used to make an aura."

Dash paused for a moment to think on this, "When you say Bio-Electro, that sounds a lot like what most living beings have, you know, like the electricity that jumps around in everyone's brains and nervous systems. Does this mean you're lookin to amp up your Bio-Electrcity enough to make a visible aura? Magnetism, ah know enough physics to know about electromagnetism. Are you sayin that you want to also use this aura like a magnet?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Ah see. yeah, that makes sense. As for auras, you talkin about a specific kind of aura. We all know how to create auras with our ki, that's what happens when we power up. Ki aura has many uses, it's not just for show. Though ah assume you know that already. Ah know others can create auras usin different energies or whatever, even magic can be used to make an aura."

Dash paused for a moment to think on this, "When you say Bio-Electro, that sounds a lot like what most living beings have, you know, like the electricity that jumps around in everyone's brains and nervous systems. Does this mean you're lookin to amp up your Bio-Electrcity enough to make a visible aura? Magnetism, ah know enough physics to know about electromagnetism. Are you sayin that you want to also use this aura like a magnet?"
    " Yes, I know about that. Yes, most living beings have Bioelectric currents and generate EM fields. My race can actually control theirs. In layman terms, my race can generate and control raw electromagnetic energy," Praxat said.

" The ability to do this is how my race can cling to stuff like walls. In a sense, I'm like a living capacitor and a generator. As for this Bio-Electric Aura, I'm thinking of yeah, It would be kind of like a magnet, but not quite. Well, not in the sense of attracting metal objects," Praxat said.

" More in the sense of using my Bio-Electromagnetic field to keep my body at a constant temperature when it's cold. Basically, I'm looking to create aura using my Bio-Electromagnetic field," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

" Yes, I know about that. Yes, most living beings have Bioelectric currents and generate EM fields. My race can actually control theirs. In layman terms, my race can generate and control raw electromagnetic energy," Praxat said.

" The ability to do this is how my race can cling to stuff like walls. In a sense, I'm like a living capacitor and a generator. As for this Bio-Electric Aura, I'm thinking of yeah, It would be kind of like a magnet, but not quite. Well, not in the sense of attracting metal objects," Praxat said.

" More in the sense of using my Bio-Electromagnetic field to keep my body at a constant temperature when it's cold. Basically, I'm looking to create aura using my Bio-Electromagnetic field," Praxat said.
    "Well, how's about combining it with your Ki Aura? Ah do somethin like that, only ah use my Ki to attract electricity from the air and turn it into lightening strikes." Looking down at her coffee, Dash stirred it once with her spoon, then looked up, "Though, ah suppose it might be easier for you to project your energy outward. Though electricity is kinda like a Toadian," she smirked slightly her her little joke, "it does like to jump around alot." Getting serious again, "You'd have to find a way to keep it close to you, without frying yourself. Otherwise, like lightening, it's liable to head off for the nearest target instead of staying as an aura."

"Well, how's about combining it with your Ki Aura? Ah do somethin like that, only ah use my Ki to attract electricity from the air and turn it into lightening strikes." Looking down at her coffee, Dash stirred it once with her spoon, then looked up, "Though, ah suppose it might be easier for you to project your energy outward. Though electricity is kinda like a Toadian," she smirked slightly her her little joke, "it does like to jump around alot." Getting serious again, "You'd have to find a way to keep it close to you, without frying yourself. Otherwise, like lightening, it's liable to head off for the nearest target instead of staying as an aura."
    "That might work, Oh I don't have to worried about frying myself. My race is immune to electricity. In fact, if I burn myself out, I can use electricity from sources such as lightning to recharge myself," Praxat said.

" Yeah, I would have to find a way to keep it close to me and not have it jump off and fry someone who isn't immune to electricity like me. That's were control comes in," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "It's a mix of knowing people in high places, an----"

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on edge as the Captain confirmed the Admirals suspicions.

Finally, progress.

"Well Done, Captain." Held replied, his pleasure evident in his voice, "Just knowing they have a foothold in that sector helps narrow the search immeasurably."

The Threshling empire had loomed in the shadows for years now. Alluded to by the terror that was Jagam and the priestess who accompanied him. And even that spoke volumes of those people, as Jagam's madness was only a prelude of things to come. Caused in no small part by the pressures put upon him by his people, seeing a half-breed threshing such as himself as a cursed being.

Nevalinna and Loup were threshlings, but apparently of a different mindset than those of the empire. Supposedly excommunicated as a result of this. Held had his suspicions originally, but the two of them had more than acquitted themselves over time.

Besides, it was thanks to their words, that he was even aware of the empire, and it's plan for conquest.

Well, until Auroc somehow managed his show of power on Earth, managing to make the planets mightiest warriors--Held included--bow their heads in subjugation to him, if only for a moment.

He made no overtures of peace, or pretenses about his goals. He would have Earth, and likely the Saiyan empire, and although he never mentioned it, if he was as deeply bent on universal domination as implied by both himself, and those of his race on earth, Namek, Chroma, Toadia and eventually Nevada and it's federation would soon follow.

Which was not particularly an idea Held savored.

An unseen enemy lurking, poised to strike like a snake....Even if the invasion of Earth, or Vocado were repelled, those the Threshlings attacked would always find themselves on the defensive.

In the case of Nevada, they would have been unaware of the threat, had Held not returned to tell them of it, the Nevadian Federation existing vast interstellar distances away from Vocado, let alone earth.

The Threshling threat would likely not reach their doorstep for sometime, but it was better to prepare now and try to neutralize it, than to realize they acted too late.

And so, Held found himself stuck in purgatory, promoted and given the Sisyphean task of locating the specter he spoke of, using the resources of his rank.

And finally. Finally. There was something to show for it.

That 'M' was unmistakable, a symbol to the ego and power of Auroc. Of course he would have dedicated entire structures to his supposed godhood.

".....This is excellent." Held continued, nodding his head, indifferent to the callous manner in which Ulysses disposed of his attacker, his gaze fixated on the data supplied to him. "We're not chasing ghost anymore, we're just following a trail."

He pushed a button on the suits keypad as he spoke.

"If we can establish an outpost there, we should be able conduct our searches more vigorously. As I'm sure you know, we've had to cast our net wider than I'd prefer to get this far. Resources and people aren't infinite after all."

A platform floated beneath the Nevadian, who disengaged his thrusters, touching the platform with an inaudible thump.

"I'll go over your report and allocate what I can to your sector....Although 'paper pushing' as you put it, is a delicate art. Try not to get too ambitious until we figure this out further."

He pursed his lips together.

Should I contact--No, it's too soon. Besides, this is a Nevada matter right now...I can't exactly go around blabbing classified information the second I get excited.

"Obviously, you'll be getting a raise in the meantime."
    "On it. We'll try to contain the situation the best we can once we pacify the area. It's what you're paying me and the boys for, after all, better that you hammer something out."

With how integrated things were in the Republic's commercial laneways, the Navigation Guild had been taken for granted. The starfaring boys with their prissy mercantile runners claimed Anyone could read a map. And that was true, provided that the roads were already built to get there, and the topgraphy was as flat as planetside.

"The top brass and I, we tend to have disagreements. Discovery means expanded boundaries. New territories, new permits, new zoning laws...I apologize in advance."

At Held's mention of further payment, Ulysses's exposed eye narrowed, and softened as he briefly bowed his head in acknowledgement.

"Heh, I'd appreciate the compensation. But having said that, there's something far more pressing here."

Odd thing to say for a Guild Navigator.

"After we get the outpost set up, we're going to need to bring some support in on this."

The expedition captain touched down on the top chamber of the great obsidian ziggurat. Its shadow loomed over the stone-and-mortar temples below, its metalloid foundations stacked into an obsidian terraced tower. Altars raised upon altars reaching offerings up to some foreign star.

"We're dealing with outside interests fingering with cultural evolution. I've seen the way this works before. The fastest way to lobotomize a culture is to take over their gods. Shock and awe makes martyrs. Kill their spirit, and they become assets."

"These Threshlings, they go into a civilization and seed it raw with The Gift. Their victims don't even get a luxury of a clean death, they become stock. Shamans and kings, even the strongest of them, true believers or not, they infiltrate the society and become lockstep not only in mind, but in shape."

"We saw it happen days ago when this pet tribe of theirs assimilated another. The locals are a hardy bunch, increased gravity and harsh conditions of this world means you gotta be to survive. Valuable, but stubborn. So they bring them back here."

Ulysses's gaze glassed over, the lined gutters below his eyes deepening.

"First they broke them in some sick ritual, then their High Priestess selected her chosen and put her blessing upon the helpless bastards. She breathes new life into them, and then...flesh and bones shifted around like putty. They don't just kill them, Admiral, they commandeer the bodies. Total assimilation."

He passed through the blood-flecked chamber. Rows and rows of the uniform converted knelt before an altar. If they noticed him as he passed they wouldn't know it, their darkened sclera like holes in their sockets in this dim light, as they prostrated themselves in a dull, chanting groan. Ulysses snapped his fingers before one identical, empty face. Unlike the ones below, something had seemed to have switched this lot off.

"Suffice it to say, these Threshlings don't exactly operate by the letter of the Galactic Treaty. But in my opinion, were we to get it recognized as a Federation asset, well..."

He continued on into the heart of the pyramid, slowly ascending a staircase. Inside this harrowing hall the walls had a shape and resonance like a space for worship, but its design was strange. Like some lustrous resin carved into hard-angled palladium and geometric obsidian, no ready imagery adorned the walls or roof, as if he stepped into the ribcage of some beast that had swallowed them whole. Cascading energy flashed, ran around the walls, and the chamber rumbled with the sound of clashing up ahead.

"Right now, Admiral, your two friends are having disagreements with them. Let's say they've been busy evicting the current management: a Herald, a Knight, and the High Priestess. We'd barely finished setting up camp for the Cook today before they'd both taken off."

The shield thrummed to life on his left, and his right hand raised the edge of a laser sword.

"We'll clean up as best we can, but you should come take a look for yourself. The coordinate uplink should ping back in a moment, just follow our trail."

"That might work, Oh I don't have to worried about frying myself. My race is immune to electricity. In fact, if I burn myself out, I can use electricity from sources such as lightning to recharge myself," Praxat said.

" Yeah, I would have to find a way to keep it close to me and not have it jump off and fry someone who isn't immune to electricity like me. That's were control comes in," Praxat said.
    "Alright then. It looks like we got a startin off point. Ah think, for both our sakes, we need to spend time out there doin as much physical trainin as possible. The stromnger we get, the easier it will be to control what we can each do. When we spar, we should mix it up. Straight hand to hand, hand to hand plus ki attacks, and hand to hand plus your BEM versus my elemental armor."

"How's about this. While we're here, we spend three hours on physical training, running, jumping, push-ups, and so on. After a break, we then we spend three hours on sparing practice. After another break, we spend three hours on workin on your BEM and techniques, while I work on my elemental trainin. The last three hours, well, we'll see how things go."

"Alright then. It looks like we got a startin off point. Ah think, for both our sakes, we need to spend time out there doin as much physical trainin as possible. The stromnger we get, the easier it will be to control what we can each do. When we spar, we should mix it up. Straight hand to hand, hand to hand plus ki attacks, and hand to hand plus your BEM versus my elemental armor."

"How's about this. While we're here, we spend three hours on physical training, running, jumping, push-ups, and so on. After a break, we then we spend three hours on sparing practice. After another break, we spend three hours on workin on your BEM and techniques, while I work on my elemental trainin. The last three hours, well, we'll see how things go."
    I think you on point. Althena once told me when I was training under her. That the stronger I get, the stronger my Bio electromagnetism becomes. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Praxat said.

" Okay, with that out of the way, let me show you something," Praxat said. Praxat goes into Max Mode. In Max Mode, Praxat size increases tremendously. She becomes eight feet tall and very muscular.

Her eyes turn white, and glowing red lines of energy appear on her body, and she starts to give off a tremendous amount of steam." This is Max mode, and there's one major flaw to it. It heavily drains my ki and Stamina when I use it," Praxat said.

" I have work on diminishing its drawback, but I'm looking forward to developing a better power-up technique because Max Mode is a very flawed technique. Trying to master it probably won't do me much good. You can tell just by looking at me how flaw this technique is," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

I think you on point. Althena once told me when I was training under her. That the stronger I get, the stronger my Bio electromagnetism becomes. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Praxat said.

" Okay, with that out of the way, let me show you something," Praxat said. Praxat goes into Max Mode. In Max Mode, Praxat size increases tremendously. She becomes eight feet tall and very muscular.

Her eyes turn white, and glowing red lines of energy appear on her body, and she starts to give off a tremendous amount of steam." This is Max mode, and there's one major flaw to it. It heavily drains my ki and Stamina when I use it," Praxat said.

" I have work on diminishing its drawback, but I'm looking forward to developing a better power-up technique because Max Mode is a very flawed technique. Trying to master it probably won't do me much good. You can tell just by looking at me how flaw this technique is," Praxat said.
    Looking up, "Yeah, ah can see real well." Dash tilted her head slightly as she noticed how Praxat's head was touching the ceiling. "If you want my advice, ah'd say skip it. Size means nothing, it's strength, speed, an skill that counts. Instead of maxing out your body like that, you should try an use it to max out your Ki, or maybe increase your muscle strength without the height."

Pausing for a moment to let Praxat return to normal, "Try'n use it just on your muscles. See if you can become stronger without putting a strain on the rest of your body." She then stands up, "Lets' go outside an do some more trainin."

OOC: So begins their adventure in the RoSaT.

Looking up, "Yeah, ah can see real well." Dash tilted her head slightly as she noticed how Praxat's head was touching the ceiling. "If you want my advice, ah'd say skip it. Size means nothing, it's strength, speed, an skill that counts. Instead of maxing out your body like that, you should try an use it to max out your Ki, or maybe increase your muscle strength without the height."

Pausing for a moment to let Praxat return to normal, "Try'n use it just on your muscles. See if you can become stronger without putting a strain on the rest of your body." She then stands up, "Lets' go outside an do some more trainin."

OOC: So begins their adventure in the RoSaT.
    " This tech grants me tremendous strength and speed, but it's worthless because it's stamina and Ki hog. There's no point in using a tech that's a waste of stamina. That's why I'll focus on developing a new power-up technique. Praxat said.

Praxat then reverts back to normal." One that will allow me to use up to 100% elastic energy, Not even the tech I show you earlier allows me to do that. I'm not sure my body as it is now can handle using 100% elastic energy, so I'm going to need to train it," Praxat said.

" Yeah, It's time for training. Oh, what I know about the tech I use just now was that it was created by Qaztoh's ancestor Doralie out of desperation more than 30,000 years ago. To combat a powerful foe that was threatening Qaceria at the time," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Queen's Mettle II -- Roaring Tempest

Sarada was still a fair bit out if it after nearly drowning. She could swim and had plenty of experience being in water, but that didn't make it any less of a horrifying experience. She had to take a break before moving on to her next challenge. As she waited and recovered, she started thinking about ways to fight a being made entirely of air.

She had nothing. Air was even harder to pin down than water. There was an old Saiyan proverb: "Only morons try to punch the air". She wasn't a moron, but she felt like one for what she was about to do. Maybe the best thing to try would be to contain it rather than beat it, she thought to herself. It was worth a shot, and she had just the technique to try.

The next Archon's demesne was a large valley in the center of a large, seemingly endless forest. A gentle breeze rolled through the valley plain, sweeping Sarada's hair into her face. It was a serene, gentle feeling, as if she was at peace in the world. The tiny flowers that were popping up out of the ground gave the valley an ambience not unlike springtime on Vocado. She wasn't much for gardening or plants or any of that ****, but she did know they were nice to look at. Maybe that was all there was to it.

As she finally rose to her feet, she found the Archon waiting for her. "You're what's his face?"

A burst of wind breezed from the creature. "I am Goath, Archon of the Wind. Are you ready to learn your next lesson, young queen?"

She got into a fighting stance and transformed. " Let's do it!" She exploded forward, dashing toward the airy Archon as a hollow green orb formed in her hand. It was small, so hopefully it wouldn't see it until it was too late to escape.

She engaged it, offering half-hearted attacks to distract from her true plan. As she predicted before the fight even started, her fists went right through it, and not in the way she would have liked. The creature's body was comprised completely of tangible air, meaning it was completely incorporeal. Physical attacks were a waste of time, so she decided then and there that the plan she came up with was the right way to go.

She continued to press her advantage, luring the creature in a false sense of security. That was vital to her success. If it was on guard and ready, then it would just flow out of the barrier before it closed.

"You seem adverse to learning, child," it noted with a note of amusement in its voice.

Yeah, keep laughing it up, *******, she thought as she counted down in her head from five. When she reached one, she sprung her plan into action. A green bubble formed out of nowhere, rapidly closing in around the Archon and sealing itself shut. "Hn," she sneered. "That was easy."

"Indeed," said a familiar voice from behind her. A powerful gust of wind knocked her flat on her face. "Attempting to capture the wind in a bubble. A truly brilliant stratagem if I have ever seen one."

Her eyes nearly bulged out of her head as she climbed to her feet and whirled around to face it. Sure enough, she locked her gaze onto the Archon, free as a bird. "How the hell did you get free?!"

"Wind is the embodiment of freedom, child. The small crack, the most minuscule hole, even the most insignificant sliver is all it takes."

She knew it was right and grimaced. Her barrier blinked out of existence. "Then, how am I supposed to beat you?" She suddenly remembered something that she wished she had remembered way back when she fought the ocean Archon. Secretly, she started to cycle her ki through her right arm.

"You have a warrior's spirit, but not its mind. Your mettle as a fighter is not alone measured in strength and destructive prowess." To illustrate, an ultra powerful gust of wind blew through the flat plain out of nowhere. She was knocked off her feet and onto her butt. It howled like an angry bear, ripping distant trees from their rooted foundations and hurling them miles into the distant like toothpicks casually flicked after use. "For all my power, there are some of my kin who I would barely tickle, much less defeat." As quickly as it appeared, the baneful tempest dissipated back into the gentle, calming breeze. "There is not an Archon here whom you could defeat. Perhaps you may catch one of use by surprise, but that is not the point. Rounding your rough and rugged edges into something resembling a polished warrior is the purpose of these exercises."

Sarada frowned. She knew she needed polishing, but she still wanted to win. It wasn't about winning or losing, but if she went through this entire trial without a single win, she wasn't going to be happy with herself. The entire point of fighting people that were obviously and clearly stronger was to set up a benchmark to give tangible evidence to her own growth. If she could beat people she struggled against before, then that meant she was doing something right.

"I wouldn't be so sure," she said, still determined to prove herself the only way she knew how. Her back foot slid back then dug into the ground for traction. "You saying I can't beat any of you guys is only going to make try harder."

"Then, you may try."

Her lips curled up into a wry smile. She shot forward, right arm suddenly enveloped in shining red ki. "Here it comes!" Her arm flew forward, unleashing the power she had built up in that short time. "CRIMSON DEATH!"

She couldn't remember when she came up with the technique, or how. She assumed it was just a stronger version of her Crimson Fist, which she strangely hadn't used in years despite it being the first technique she came up with. It had only been used once, maybe twice, and that was a few years ago. She wasn't even sure if what she had planned was even going to work. It was based entirely on the assumption that diffusing her ki within the Archon would actually be able to hurt him.

Her ki erupted from her fist and pierced the creature's airy body. Like red dye dripped into a glass of water, the ki flowed to every crack and crevice, then violently exploded outward. The Archon let out a breezy shout that echoed through the plain as its body was abruptly disservered.

"Huh," she grunted, "that worked out better than I thought it would." She wondered what lesson this qualified as. The value of remembering all the fucking techniques she came up with over the years, even the rarely used ones that she hadn't cracked out in years? Or maybe not giving up so easily? "Yeah, let's go with that second one."

If the two Archon's she and Parsley iced a while back were any indication, this one wouldn't be reforming any time soon. That was fine. It was two down, seven to go. She rolled her shoulder and started to for the next demense. "I hope the next one is someone I can actually punch," she grumbled. Fighting two intangible beings was no fun. Feeling her knuckles against actual flesh was. There was nothing better than punching it out with someone. Or something, in this case.

Now I know for sure I can hurt intangible things. That's good to know for the future. She wasn't sure how that knowledge would benefit her in the future. To her knowledge, none of the enemies she knew about - Tundra, Koorimaru, Genesis, Sakin - could turn intangible. On the other hand, it paid to be prepared for the future.

Like Maiz said on more than one occasion, only an idiot failed to prepare.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Queen's Mettle III -- Rock of Ages

Sarada's next trial took place in the middle of a rocky mesa. The sky was bleak, covered in gray clouds and the kind of cold, stiff breeze that heralded a rain storm. She sighed heavily; she already knew which Archon she was going to face next. Sure enough, the ground trembled violently and cracked apart. An inhuman roar erupted from the mesa at the epicenter of the earthquake. Except it wasn't an earthquake.

The tremendous, Brobdingnagian Archon of the Earth rose from the ground. It still towered over Sarada like she did an ant. Its immense height cast a heavy shadow over the mesa. The creature was silent, the occasional rumble serving as what she assumed to be its version of speech. Communication, or at the very least a conversation, was out of the question. Still, words weren't necessary. Sarada herself defeated this creature. It took a Galick Gun aimed specifically at an exposed vein in its arm to pave the way. She doubted it would fall for the same trick twice.

When she examined its arm, she noticed that it was doubly reinforced in a particular area. "It learned," she mumbled to herself.

The vein wasn't how she defeated it. She actually lifted it into the air, then broke it apart. She figured the key to defeating what was essentially a golem was to sever its connection to the planet it derived its power from. That meant that the most like avenue to victory was to do exactly what she did the last time. Which likely wouldn't work. The thing was big, but not stupid.

Cloch was the one who got the festivities started. Its massive fist moved far more quickly than its size had any business allowing and slammed into the ground with frightening force. Shards of razor sharp rock exploded from the collision, flying through the air and piercing whatever they came into contact with.

Sarada was nearly hit countless times, but managed to erect a shield to protect herself. It held up nicely enough to the constant bombardment of rocky shards, but it wouldn't last forever. She closed in fast. I need to finish this quick, she thought to herself. This guy's a lot trickier than it looks.

She decided to try the arm again. If she could chip away at the armor protecting the vein, then that would give her an easy win. It was a sound strategy, but she quickly found that Cloch wasn't going to give her the chance to put it into action.

Every time she got close to try something, a cloud of shards threatened to skewer her, forcing her to beat a hasty retreat. To make matters worse, from the brief looks she managed to get at the location of the vein before being turned away, the natural armor was thick and would take a lot of time to get through under normal circumstances. With as little time as she would have for each attempt, she realized that it wasn't as viable as she hoped.

Damn it! Now what am I supposed to do? Cursory blasts fired during strafing runs did minimal damage; that was to say, they barely left blackened pock marks, and nothing in the way of even surface damage. She sighed and retreated to safety. Okay, so the arm is a no go and just blasting it is, too. I could try the Galick Gun, but I don't want to waste my energy like that.

To beat something as harder as this, she was going to need to think outside the box. Relying on her usual methods and tactics weren't going to cut it.

Cloch punched the ground again, sending another massive cloud of shards flying through the air. Again, Sarada nimbly avoided them much more easily than she could during their first fight months ago.It's like trying to destroy a seige engine, she realized. I need to do that from the inside. I got it!

To beat Cloch, she was going to have to do it from the inside. She figured that it was solid rock on the side, but perhaps since it was a living creature, it was at least partially hollow. If it was, then she could have an easy time traveling through it and leaving "grenades" behind to blow it up. All she needed was a little space.

She breathed in deeply and reinforced her shield before taking to the air. She flew around it like an annoying fly, making sure to linger around its "vulnerable" arm to draw its attention and defenses. Once she had it on high alert and protective against any attempt on its arm, she used her superior speed to quickly spiral around its arm and fly into its mouth.

It was like flying into a cave. A dangerous, living cave. As she suspected, it was hollow on the inside, but not by much. The rocks comprising its interior were flexible, or the way they shifted and moved with each guttural utterance made it seem that way. It also wasn't damp like a cave, but as dry as it was on the outside.

She started at the head, leaving large bundles of ki in strategic places as she made her way through the narrow cavern. The creature must have gotten wise to her plan; it was starting to constrict the already narrow passage, closing the walls in on her with the obvious intention of trapping her inside it, possibly forever.

She had other ideas. She expanded her shield to give her more room to work. She only needed a few more moments to set the rest of her energy mines. I'll have to do on the outside. Its hide is probably too thick to blow up completely like it want.

She set about ten more, then fired a larger ki blast to burrow her way out through the bottom. "Gotta work fast. It probably knows what's up." She dropped her shield and powered up to give herself more speed to work with. Again, she adopted her annoying fly tactic and flew around its massive body, leaving energy mines in strategic places with the little time she had available. Alone, these mines likely wouldn't do much damage; but combined with the ones on the inside, she was hoping that was enough.

She set ten, then moved to "light the fuse". "Galick Gun," she said as she flew back to the hole she created during her escape. "FIRE!" She fired it upward, directly into the hole she burrowed moments earlier. At the same time, she mentally flipped the switch on her land mines. Everything triggered at the same time, creating a tremendous explosion that not only engulfed Cloch, but also the entire mesa and everything in a mile radius.

A cloud of dust kept her from seeing the results of her hastily thrown together plan. A part of her fear that it didn't work, that Cloch was going to be standing exactly where it had been before, completely unharmed or only moderately hurt. If that happened, she was going to be pissed.

It worked... kind of. Only the top portion was destroyed, with its legs remaining exactly where they had been, except they were standing at the bottom of a deep crater. It was the complete destruction she had been hoping for, but it was good enough. "On to the next one," she said with a heavy sigh.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" This tech grants me tremendous strength and speed, but it's worthless because it's stamina and Ki hog. There's no point in using a tech that's a waste of stamina. That's why I'll focus on developing a new power-up technique. Praxat said.

Praxat then reverts back to normal." One that will allow me to use up to 100% elastic energy, Not even the tech I show you earlier allows me to do that. I'm not sure my body as it is now can handle using 100% elastic energy, so I'm going to need to train it," Praxat said.

" Yeah, It's time for training. Oh, what I know about the tech I use just now was that it was created by Qaztoh's ancestor Doralie out of desperation more than 30,000 years ago. To combat a powerful foe that was threatening Qaceria at the time," Praxat said.
    "Then lets get started." Dash led Praxat back outside into the void, where she went over an exercise routine that she found to be very useful. After a few solid hours of exercise and a brief respite indoors, it was back outside to train some more. This time, sparing practice with and without Ki techniques.

"Strictly hand to hand. Great way to build up speed, strength, reflexes, an practice thinking on your toes. After an hour or so, we'll move on to using ki attacks." Dash then powers up, "Let me know when your ready."

Default Queen's Mettle IV -- Grains of Sand on the Beach

The next demesne was a literal desert. That was it. It was just fucking sand as far as the eye could see in literally every discernible direction. She really didn't like sand because every time she went to the beach, a ton of it got trapped in her crack and it was never any fun getting it out. Granted, that was the natural consequence of going to the beach naked, but that was neither here nor there.

The sky above was blue and cloudless, a far cry from the previous realm. It made her wonder if the patchwork design of this world was by design. It made sense considering it was mostly inhabited by elemental creatures whose chosen elements were often at odds with one another. Keeping them separated by means of some ethereal boundary was a sound design function.

"The angry child has returned," came a familiar voice. Sarada turned and found the Sand Archon - go figure - that she and Parsley fought months ago. She seemed to have recovered nicely from getting turned into glass. "It is not surprising that you have managed to make it this far. You appear to be more clever than your single-minded combat philosophy would betray."

At least someone finally saw things how Sarada did.

"Are you ready for your next lesson, young one?"

Sarada nodded and got into a fighting position. "Let's do this!"

The creature's face had no expression, but something in its body language told her it was smiling. "Excellent. We have clashed before, and I have no interest in a repeat of history. Instead, I wish to challenge you."

She resisted a sigh and merely raised an eyebrow. "Challenge?" It sounded like it could have been a fun thing, depending on what she had to do. If she had to do a lot of thinking, then she wasn't going to be happy.

Gaineamh held its hand out. Some of the sand at its feet flowed upward, forming a thin rod that it quickly grasped with the outstretched hand. "Grab this rod, and you may proceed."

"That's it?" She shook her head and gave a soft chuckle. "Okay, sure." She started for the Archon's rod. About a second later, she started to question what the catch was. Surely this creature remembered how quick she was. She realized about a second too late that there was more to it than just grabbing a rod when her foot started to sink when she tried to take a step. "What the hell?" She tried to rip her foot out of the ground, but that only made it sink faster. An instant later, her other foot started to sink just as quickly. Before she knew it, she was up to her knees in quicksand. "Hey, what the hell?!!"

"Take your time. It's a very simple exercise."

It said it was simple, but that was easy for it to say. Sarada was quickly sinking and was already up to her waist. She powered up and tried to fly out. She was more than strong enough to overpower some quicksand. Or so she thought. The more she tried to power out, the more quickly she sunk. She was up to her shoulders. "What the hell is going on?"

Should I blast my way out? No way. That'll turn the sand around me to glass. I'm pretty sure trying to break out will seriously injure me. She had to think of something and quick. She was up to her neck. Pretty soon, she would be submerged enough that she would be inhaling sand, which wasn't the best when it came to breathing. Okay, think! There has to be a way out of here.

She couldn't punch her way out. The more she struggled, the more trapped she became. Damn it! Nothing is working! She was getting frustrated. If she could power her way out, then what? It wasn't like there was anything she could grab onto so she could pull her way out, like they always did in the movies.

Wait, hold on. Yes, I do! She had forgotten all about her multiform ring. In fact, she hadn't used it once since she got it on her wedding day. She pressed the decorative ring on the diamond and felt a tingly feeling spread through her entire body before it faded as quick as it started. "Did it work?"

"What do you think?"

"Wha-?" She looked to her left and saw...herself staring at her. It was like looking in a mirror, except...it wasn't? It was weird and she didn't like it. "Help me out of here." The clone slipped her hands under Sarada's arms and pulled. It felt like she was being pulled by two planets rotating in opposite directions. The resistance the sand was offering was immense, but she slowly felt herself being pulled free.

The process was an agonizingly slow one, but eventually, Sarada was pulled free. Immediately, she and her clone both charged at the Archon and its rod. It offered no resistance as they both grabbed it at the same time. "How strange," it said with a note of curiosity, "I did not expect a Saiyan to not only accept immdiate help, but to ask for it. Even her own."

She didn't respond and disengaged the clone back into the ring. Or herself, or wherever it came from.

"I must admit, I did not expect this. My original intention was to teach you patience during battle. Had you done nothing, you would have eventually been pushed free. Instead, you found your own way out with a means I did not anticipate. Well done, young Queen."

Hearing that made her glad she had that idea when she did. Sitting in a puddle of goopy sand for what she could only assume would have been hours at the least did not sound like a thrilling challenge to partake in. It wasn't even a challenge. "I have no use for patience."

"Do you not have a young daughter? Rearing a single child requires more patience than most mortals are capable of mustering." It sighed and gestured for her to follow it, presumably to the next demesne. "In battle, charging ahead with nary an ounce of cognizant awareness will only result in failure and death. You gain awareness through observation. I believe your sister has preached that philosophy to you often."

"Tch. She sounds like broken record sometimes."

"I can imagine, because she is correct. Only through awareness of the battle that is at hand will you claim victory. You have gotten lucky, but one day, your luck will end. It would be a shame if you die due to your own misconceptions, which is why Criostalach has tasked herself and the rest of us with teaching you the qualities you will need to become a more complete warrior."

When she first started, she would have been affronted by the assertion that she wasn't a complete warrior. She had the strength, power, speed, and resilience needed to defeat anyone who stood before her. Then, these Archon's showed up. That she couldn't just punch them into submission and had to actually think of strategies based on who she was fighting was a bothersome inconvenience. On the other hand, she was quickly learning that it was a bothersome and necessary inconvenience. "I guess you're right," she said morosely.

"Do not despair. Learning that your world view is incorrect is a painful realization, but you will be better for it. A stronger warrior and a better Queen. In the end, the benefits far outweigh whatever you have lost." They came to a stop at the border between Gaineamh's desert and the next demesne. "Take what you have learned so far to heart. If you do, then the next trials will not be as difficult. Farewell, young one."

She nodded once. "Thanks. I'll see you around." She stepped over the border and into the next realm.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Then lets get started." Dash led Praxat back outside into the void, where she went over an exercise routine that she found to be very useful. After a few solid hours of exercise and a brief respite indoors, it was back outside to train some more. This time, sparing practice with and without Ki techniques.

"Strictly hand to hand. Great way to build up speed, strength, reflexes, an practice thinking on your toes. After an hour or so, we'll move on to using ki attacks." Dash then powers up, "Let me know when your ready."
    Praxat powers up." I'm ready. During this practice, I will not use elastic energy and restrict the use of my tongue. After all, you said strictly hand to hand," Praxat said.

" So, I guess that means no using my tongue, right?" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out