Page 101 of 371 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat powers up." I'm ready. During this practice, I will not use elastic energy and restrict the use of my tongue. After all, you said strictly hand to hand," Praxat said.

" So, I guess that means no using my tongue, right?" Praxat said.
    Making a gesture, her hand to her head, Dash wasn't sure how to respond, "Well, now, if we can use hands and feet, then a, yeah, you can use your tongue. Just not too often."

She then assumed a stance and readied herself, "On a count of three, two, one." she then quickly launched herself at Praxat, her fists striking at her upper body.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Making a gesture, her hand to her head, Dash wasn't sure how to respond, "Well, now, if we can use hands and feet, then a, yeah, you can use your tongue. Just not too often."

She then assumed a stance and readied herself, "On a count of three, two, one." she then quickly launched herself at Praxat, her fists striking at her upper body.
    Praxat defends herself against Dash's strikes by using a guard stance that seems similar to a Muay Thai guard stance. Praxat uses her wrists, elbows, knees, shins, and tongue to block and deflect most of Dash's strikes. At the same Praxat counters. Striking at Dash's upper and lower body with her fists, elbows, shins, and knees.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "The top brass and I, we tend to have disagreements. Discovery means expanded boundaries. New territories, new permits, new zoning laws...I apologize in advance."
    Although it could not be seen from within the helmet, Held shrugged in response. He himself was aware of the pitfalls of Nevadian bureaucracy, even before reaching the level at which he found himself on. It seemed that there was no reprieve, just more and more things to consider, more paperwork to fill, more checks to write.

Ulysses was correct. There had been a great deal of discussion among those in power to even authorize the expedition, let alone put Held in command. It was only at the Prime Ministers command that it was done, as far as the Nevadian could tell, despite him being the only one of his rank to even have an inkling of the threat that awaited.

Now that they've actually made progress on that front? He barely suppressed a groan as the consultations, meetings, bickering over resources and the like, loomed over head. It was almost as if the Guild Captain were a prophet, describing the horrors that awaited the Admiral.

"Heh, I'd appreciate the compensation. But having said that, there's something far more pressing here."

Odd thing to say for a Guild Navigator.

"After we get the outpost set up, we're going to need to bring some support in on this."
    The Nevadian nodded as the Captain elaborated on his concerns. Held had intended to bolster their position on that end regardless, but the urgency in which the Captain spoke informed him that he was perhaps being too cautious with how he intended to allocate resources.

"We're dealing with outside interests fingering with cultural evolution. I've seen the way this works before. The fastest way to lobotomize a culture is to take over their gods. Shock and awe makes martyrs. Kill their spirit, and they become assets."

"These Threshlings, they go into a civilization and seed it raw with The Gift. Their victims don't even get a luxury of a clean death, they become stock. Shamans and kings, even the strongest of them, true believers or not, they infiltrate the society and become lockstep not only in mind, but in shape."
    The Gift.....I never got the details, but I seem to recall that Witch that Ishtar saved was controlled by Auroc on some level, only to be wiped clean once the connection was severed between her and Auroc.....I assumed this was a special case, targeting her specifically, but...

"We saw it happen days ago when this pet tribe of theirs assimilated another. The locals are a hardy bunch, increased gravity and harsh conditions of this world means you gotta be to survive. Valuable, but stubborn. So they bring them back here."

Ulysses's gaze glassed over, the lined gutters below his eyes deepening.

"First they broke them in some sick ritual, then their High Priestess selected her chosen and put her blessing upon the helpless bastards. She breathes new life into them, and then...flesh and bones shifted around like putty. They don't just kill them, Admiral, they commandeer the bodies. Total assimilation."
    It seems like she was nothing special in that regard, and it's stand operating procedure to a certain extent...I realized they conquered species, but I assumed it was a matter of might and breaking their spirit...Not subsuming it entirely....

He passed through the blood-flecked chamber. Rows and rows of the uniform converted knelt before an altar. If they noticed him as he passed they wouldn't know it, their darkened sclera like holes in their sockets in this dim light, as they prostrated themselves in a dull, chanting groan. Ulysses snapped his fingers before one identical, empty face. Unlike the ones below, something had seemed to have switched this lot off.

"Suffice it to say, these Threshlings don't exactly operate by the letter of the Galactic Treaty. But in my opinion, were we to get it recognized as a Federation asset, well..."
    "This is even worse than I could have imagined...." Held mumbled grimly, his eyes fixated on the ghastly carnival before him, his eyes transfixed.

He continued on into the heart of the pyramid, slowly ascending a staircase. Inside this harrowing hall the walls had a shape and resonance like a space for worship, but its design was strange. Like some lustrous resin carved into hard-angled palladium and geometric obsidian, no ready imagery adorned the walls or roof, as if he stepped into the ribcage of some beast that had swallowed them whole. Cascading energy flashed, ran around the walls, and the chamber rumbled with the sound of clashing up ahead.

"Right now, Admiral, your two friends are having disagreements with them. Let's say they've been busy evicting the current management: a Herald, a Knight, and the High Priestess. We'd barely finished setting up camp for the Cook today before they'd both taken off."

The shield thrummed to life on his left, and his right hand raised the edge of a laser sword.
    The Nevadian loosed a curse at the information. Knights and Heralds were hardly casual prey. Loup was a rookie knight, as talented as he was, and he was quite the ordeal on his own, and the Priestess who had accompanied him was nothing if not a skilled--if annoying--foe, and she was the aide of a threshing reject.

Simply put, it was beyond the pay grade of your average warrior, and yet those two ran after them like they either had a deathwish, or were not your average warrior.

Still. Something seemed off. There was something he just couldn't make sense of.

Held glanced downwards, replying the assessment and conversation with Ulysses in his mind once more.

"My friends?---"

Come to think of it, there was something oddly familiar about the energy flare that ricocheted off a wall during the visual, although he had thought nothing of it originally. It occurred to him that was because it was something he had seen hundreds of times before.

"........"

The Captain had made an implication previously, that Held was acquainted with at least two members of the Expedition as well, although Held had brushed it off as some quirk in how Ulysses expressed himself, as opposed to a description of facts.

Which, come to think of it, was very unlike the Captain as far as he could tell.

.....Who the hell would I have sent on this mission? Most of my friends aren't cut out for a mission of this level, and the rest are on----OH.

The Nevadians eyes widened as he realized his folly. He had been so bogged down in the chaos of his position: The paperwork, the fame, the endless backstabbing and politicking.....

He had somehow lost track of his dear friends, the few people he would have trusted to go on this dangerous mission, and who certainly would have pursued their opponent with fervent vigor.

"...Good Grief. This job really has taken a lot out of me." He muttered to himself, realizing just how overwhelmed he was, if he had forgotten that those two were playing the role of vanguard.

"We'll clean up as best we can, but you should come take a look for yourself. The coordinate uplink should ping back in a moment, just follow our trail."
    "Clean Up...." Held chuckled glumly to himself as he turned his gaze to his once pristine command center, no doubt coated with unspeakable fluids within. "Hold that thought."

The line was put on hold, as he established a link with his assistant.

"I'd love to help you all clean up, Kitsu." Held replied with a nervous laugh, "But it wasn't meant to be, it seems. Launch my ship."

"...Which one, sir?" The voice asked, a mixture of nausea and annoyance. A consummate professional, she translated her annoyance at the days events, and Helds perceived flight away from them through noting but stilted and ice cold verbiage over the comms.

".....Don't worry, I'll put in a call to HQ for a Janitorial Corp to take over, and you all can take the...next...three days off with pay." Held sighed. It was the least he could do, since the entire catastrophe was his fault.

"Anyways, release the Great Galloping. Also, I'm going to be away for awhile, so tell whoever needs to know, that they're running things while I'm gone."

"Yes sir!" Kitsu replied, some of her energy returning as the idea of rest and remuneration reigned in her mind. "Releasing the Galloping now."

The comm switched back to the far more important conservation with Captain Ulysses.

"Understood Captain."

The Great Galloping emerged from a hanger bay that opened, before swiftly retracting as it drifted towards the Nevadians position hundreds of yards away.

"I guess if I'm going to make anymore messes, I might as well do it in the right place."

The hanger doors of The Great Galloping opened, and the Nevadian activated his jet pack, gently setting himself down within. The doors began to close behind him, as he keyed a command into his wrist device, which transferred the command to the ship.

The Great Galloping gently lurched as it shot into space, following the coordinates set.

"I'll be there ASAP." Held continued as he snatched off his helmet, transferring the communication to a nearby screen on the Galloping. "Although, let me know if you hear anything else from my friends. It's not exactly protocol, but I'm not adverse to helping them express their..."

He chuckled.

".....'Disagreements with management' as you put it, if they find the negotiations to be more troublesome then they realized. I'm something of a negotiator myself."
    Last edited by Miburo; 05-27-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Praxat defends herself against Dash's strikes by using a guard stance that seems similar to a Muay Thai guard stance. Praxat uses her wrists, elbows, knees, shins, and tongue to block and deflect most of Dash's strikes. At the same Praxat counters. Striking at Dash's upper and lower body with her fists, elbows, shins, and knees.
    Dodging the attacks, she switched styles, reverting back to the teachings of her Clan. Launching powerful kicks, she blocked with her arms while moving constantly. Mid-spar she switched again, moving to Ninjustu's fluid arm movements and strikes, then she mixed it up, making her moves less predictable.

After straight sparing for two hours, Dash suggested they throw some Ki into the mix, working on combining basic blasts, counters, and defense with their sparing. This continued for at least an hour more.

They continued like this, in the high-G environment of the RoSaT void, for a few hours before taking a short lunch break. Dash's body was crying out for a soak in a hot bath, but the aches in her muscles will have to wait.

After lunch, they talked about each other's techniques and how to improve them before moving on to the next stage of training.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Queen's Mettle V – Lost in the Woods

The next demesne was another forest similar to the one she saw in the far distance when she faced the Wind Archon. Maybe it was the same one. She didn't know how these realms and their borders worked.

The trees contained within the forest were massive titans compared to her. The smallest trunk of one was wider than she was, and they all towered over her by at least a few hundred feet. If she had to guess, she would have said that they all had to be over a hundred years old. The canopy above her was so thick and tightly condensed that she couldn't see the sky. Nor could light filter down to the floor, meaning she was working with very little light. On more than one occasion, she tripped over a tree root and nearly fell flat on her face had she not caught herself in time. "This is so annoying," she grumbled.

"Welcome, young fighter," came a voice from somewhere within the forest. Are you ready to begin your next lesson?"

She looked around, but couldn't see where its voice was coming from. "Where are you?"

"That is for me to know and you to find out. Come find me, if you can."

"For ****'s sake! Hide and go seek?" She sighed tersely and powered up her aura. At the very least, it would provide some light so she could see what she was doing. This was a game her little niece and nephew liked to play when they were bored. It was annoying because they didn't know how to play right.

It sounded like she didn't have a choice but to play this stupid game. With another sigh, she continued walking within the deep and tightly-packed forest. Okay. I'm guessing this Archon looks like its element like all the others, meaning it looks like it's made of tree bark or something. The problem was that every tree, literally every one of them, looked the same. If this creature looked like a tree, then it could literally be anywhere.

A sharp wooden dagger shot from somewhere within the trees pierced her left leg. "Ah damn it!" She hobbled to a nearby tree to balance as she pulled it out. A pained grunt trickled out through her gritted teeth. "Son of a bitch!"

"Surely you didn't think it would be easy."

She didn't, but it didn't have to be a dick and make it even harder than it already was going to be. It wasn't like it could perfectly blend into its surroundings. Meaning it could have been anywhere.

Another wooden stake flew in from somewhere behind her and pierced her shoulder, then another one landed through the back of her thigh. She stumbled forward and fell to a knee. Another grunt escaped her as she yanked out the one sticking out of her thigh. She was bleeding profusely, though those wounds would close up relatively quickly. What she was worried about was how she was going to find this bastard. I think I got it.

Assuming it couldn't just fire stakes remotely, all she had to track where the stakes were coming from, then fire her own blast in that direction. It was simple, but she felt it was the right way to go. Her steps were hobbled and slowed and would continue to be until her thigh healed enough to put her full weight on. I have to stay quiet, she thought to herself.

The forest was eerily quiet. There weren't any species of animals that inhabited these realms, so the locales were deathly silent. It sent a chill up her spine, but it also allowed her to listen clearly and hear when there was a stake coming for her. It started with a soft cracking, like wood being split, then a whistling in the air. The only problem, she realized as it clanged off her prosthetic arm, was that she didn't know which direction it was coming from or which body part it was aiming for. She was going to have to focus even harder.

She stopped walking when she reached a small clearing with a patch of tall grass and purple flowers. She stood in the middle of the grass and tilted her head down. Her breathing slowed. I have to trust my senses, she thought to herself.

There. In the distance, she heard another soft crack and a whistling noise coming from...her left! She ducked forward, just barely avoiding the stake that nearly stabbed into her neck. She fired a blast in that direction. A dozen trees were reduced to splinters and toothpicks before it dissipated harmlessly in the air.

"Close, but not close enough," the creature said from elsewhere.

She had the brief idea of leveling the entire forest, but that was needlessly destructive. Besides, it wasn't sporting. She just needed to be faster. She needed to trust her senses and react faster. And she knew how to make that happen.

She lifted her hands in the air and unleashed countless orbs of ki into the air. They spread out through the forest, permeating every possible inch and corner. A tether flowed through each one, connecting all of them together into one massive web. Done and ready, she waited. If it moved, she would know. If it didn't, she would find it. Either way, she had it trapped. The tethers extended even underground, but she doubted it could move underground.

The next dagger flew through the air from her right. She threw her arm up and blocked it with the katchin bracer. She turned in that direction and waited. Several beats passed without consequence.

"A clever ploy," the creature admitted. "It seems you have me hemmed in with little means of escape.

Since she knew what direction it was located, zeroing in on its voice was a lot easier than before when it seemed to be coming from everywhere at once. She disengaged the tethers and quickly closed in. "Found you." She would have hit it and said tag, but that was a little much. Besides, it was still training and training was never a game.

"Indeed. Please, follow me to the next demesne."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Dodging the attacks, she switched styles, reverting back to the teachings of her Clan. Launching powerful kicks, she blocked with her arms while moving constantly. Mid-spar she switched again, moving to Ninjustu's fluid arm movements and strikes, then she mixed it up, making her moves less predictable.

After straight sparing for two hours, Dash suggested they throw some Ki into the mix, working on combining basic blasts, counters, and defense with their sparing. This continued for at least an hour more.

They continued like this, in the high-G environment of the RoSaT void, for a few hours before taking a short lunch break. Dash's body was crying out for a soak in a hot bath, but the aches in her muscles will have to wait.

After lunch, they talked about each other's techniques and how to improve them before moving on to the next stage of training.
    Praxat talks about her techniques. " I'll just talk about my Aome techniques. First, my Gigantic Guard tech. In this tech, I make my hands gigantic," Praxat said.

" The purpose of it is to guard against heavy blows. My Tongue shield tech. It is a tech were I wrap my tongue around either my left or right arm, to act as a shield to absorb the shock of blunt force impacts, and to provide protection against attacks that use heat. Flash Hop is tech were I make it look like I'm jumping on the air and teleporting when I'm really not," Praxat said.

" Big Boot, this is a tech were before hitting my opponent with my foot. I make my foot gigantic just before the impact to increase the force. With Shockwave punch, I basically create a shockwave, and by increasing the size of my fist before the moment of impact, I can increase the force of the shockwave," Praxat said.

Praxat then talks about her Thunder Tongue barrage, Vlephant Buster, Machine Gun Fist, Efficiency Mode, and Boost Mode techniques." Okay, now on to my current Aome techniques. First Lightning Storm. In this tech, I channel immense electricity from my BEM through my entire body," Praxat said.

" Then send this electricity out in a wide area over long distances. Electrified everything around me, including the ground and air, and created a powerful electromagnetic field. My newest technique is Sky Splitter. This is tech were I send out a barrage of balls of electricity that I can make home in on a target with my BEM," Praxat said.

I finish this tech off by sending out a condense wave of raw electromagnetic energy, and I can charge it up before unleashing it. My ancestor's sword can be used to amplify this tech. It can act as a lightning rod, allowing me to channel and focus my BEM into it," Praxat said.

" Okay, I know four styles of Aome, Vear, Zhion, Zhawk, and Vion. Vear is a style that allows for quick switching between striking and grappling at close range. However, it's grappling moves are slow, so they have to be combined with other attacks," Praxat said.

"Zhino style is purely a counter style design for parrying attacks and creating opportunities for counter-attacks. It relies on quick reactions, timing, and minimal movements. Zawk is one of the most versatile styles of Aome. With Zawk, I use my hands, shins, elbows, knees, tongue, and foot claws," Praxat said.

" There's an Earth Martial art called Muay Thai that's similar to it. Finally, there's my Vion style. Vion is a style that's all about the freedom of movement, So there is no fixed stance. It's about being in constant motion, and body motion control," Praxat said.

" From what Althena told me when I was training under her. Vion is the hardest style of Aome to master. In Aome, There are Eight Great Techniques. I know none of them," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Praxat talks about her techniques. " I'll just talk about my Aome techniques. First, my Gigantic Guard tech. In this tech, I make my hands gigantic," Praxat said.

" The purpose of it is to guard against heavy blows. My Tongue shield tech. It is a tech were I wrap my tongue around either my left or right arm, to act as a shield to absorb the shock of blunt force impacts, and to provide protection against attacks that use heat. Flash Hop is tech were I make it look like I'm jumping on the air and teleporting when I'm really not," Praxat said.

" Big Boot, this is a tech were before hitting my opponent with my foot. I make my foot gigantic just before the impact to increase the force. With Shockwave punch, I basically create a shockwave, and by increasing the size of my fist before the moment of impact, I can increase the force of the shockwave," Praxat said.

Praxat then talks about her Thunder Tongue barrage, Vlephant Buster, Machine Gun Fist, Efficiency Mode, and Boost Mode techniques." Okay, now on to my current Aome techniques. First Lightning Storm. In this tech, I channel immense electricity from my BEM through my entire body," Praxat said.

" Then send this electricity out in a wide area over long distances. Electrified everything around me, including the ground and air, and created a powerful electromagnetic field. My newest technique is Sky Splitter. This is tech were I send out a barrage of balls of electricity that I can make home in on a target with my BEM," Praxat said.

I finish this tech off by sending out a condense wave of raw electromagnetic energy, and I can charge it up before unleashing it. My ancestor's sword can be used to amplify this tech. It can act as a lightning rod, allowing me to channel and focus my BEM into it," Praxat said.

" Okay, I know four styles of Aome, Vear, Zhion, Zhawk, and Vion. Vear is a style that allows for quick switching between striking and grappling at close range. However, it's grappling moves are slow, so they have to be combined with other attacks," Praxat said.

"Zhino style is purely a counter style design for parrying attacks and creating opportunities for counter-attacks. It relies on quick reactions, timing, and minimal movements. Zawk is one of the most versatile styles of Aome. With Zawk, I use my hands, shins, elbows, knees, tongue, and foot claws," Praxat said.

" There's an Earth Martial art called Muay Thai that's similar to it. Finally, there's my Vion style. Vion is a style that's all about the freedom of movement, So there is no fixed stance. It's about being in constant motion, and body motion control," Praxat said.

" From what Althena told me when I was training under her. Vion is the hardest style of Aome to master. In Aome, There are Eight Great Techniques. I know none of them," Praxat said.
    Dash listened intently, responding only after Praxat was finished. "That's quite a school of Martial Arts." She paused as she considered it carefully, "Ah gather that you'd have to go back to Lady Althena for additional training, unless there are others among your people who are Masters of this as well. When your on your own, you either perfect what you know, or create your own unique styles."

She then gave Praxat a quick review of her own background. "Ah won't go into it in too much detail, but ah grew up in one of the Twin Villages of the Horse Clan. For the most part, the villages were like any other, 'cept that every child born there was required attend training classes, run by the village elders, after school."

"The training focused on strength, speed, as well as a respect for nature an the elements. One Village's school specialized in strength as well as the elements of Earth an Fire. My Village preferred Speed, with an affinity for Air and Water, the Pegasus branch of the school. Most of my early techniques came from that. Though ah also studied some in the other Village."

"There was so much ah never knew, never learned until I left home to fight in the World Tournament. Heck, ah didn't even know much about the history of my own Clan until about three or four years ago."

"So, yeah, most of my Clan's techniques are designed for fightin outdoors. Luckily for me, ah also trained under the Silver Lady for a few years, so ah'm not completely without options in closed spaces or in places like this."

"Ah learned not so long ago that the tradition of elemental Martial Arts began with my ancestor, the ancestor of pretty much most the villagers. She developed the style by living with a tribe of wild horses. She also gained favor with what she called the Four Elemental Spirits, these are the same Spirits that power up my armor an give me a power boost."

"Thing is, the spirits feed off of my Ki to do so. It's a kinda symbiotic relationship, they give an they take. If ah want to master all four, ah need to become stronger. From my ancestor's journal, it took her close to forty years of hard trainin to become strong enough to Master them on her own. Ah got a cheat in that they seem to like usin my Spider Armor. If ah ever am able to fully Master the power of these Spirits, ah'll be able to do so without the armor. But that might not be until ah'm an old lady."

"Ah'd rather not have to wait that long, so the more ah train, the sooner ah'll be able to achieve that goal."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-28-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Dash listened intently, responding only after Praxat was finished. "That's quite a school of Martial Arts." She paused as she considered it carefully, "Ah gather that you'd have to go back to Lady Althena for additional training, unless there are others among your people who are Masters of this as well. When your on your own, you either perfect what you know, or create your own unique styles."

She then gave Praxat a quick review of her own background. "Ah won't go into it in too much detail, but ah grew up in one of the Twin Villages of the Horse Clan. For the most part, the villages were like any other, 'cept that every child born there was required attend training classes, run by the village elders, after school."

"The training focused on strength, speed, as well as a respect for nature an the elements. One Village's school specialized in strength as well as the elements of Earth an Fire. My Village preferred Speed, with an affinity for Air and Water, the Pegasus branch of the school. Most of my early techniques came from that. Though ah also studied some in the other Village."

"There was so much ah never knew, never learned until I left home to fight in the World Tournament. Heck, ah didn't even know much about the history of my own Clan until about three or four years ago."

"So, yeah, most of my Clan's techniques are designed for fightin outdoors. Luckily for me, ah also trained under the Silver Lady for a few years, so ah'm not completely without options in closed spaces or in places like this."

"Ah learned not so long ago that the tradition of elemental Martial Arts began with my ancestor, the ancestor of pretty much most the villagers. She developed the style by living with a tribe of wild horses. She also gained favor with what she called the Four Elemental Spirits, these are the same Spirits that power up my armor an give me a power boost."

"Thing is, the spirits feed off of my Ki to do so. It's a kinda symbiotic relationship, they give an they take. If ah want to master all four, ah need to become stronger. From my ancestor's journal, it took her close to forty years of hard trainin to become strong enough to Master them on her own. Ah got a cheat in that they seem to like usin my Spider Armor. If ah ever am able to fully Master the power of these Spirits, ah'll be able to do so without the armor. But that might not be until ah'm an old lady."

"Ah'd rather not have to wait that long, so the more ah train, the sooner ah'll be able to achieve that goal."
    " For Vear style and Zhino style maybe but not Zhawk style and Vion style. Althena isn't a master in those, and she's the only living master of Aoem. So I will continue to self-train myself in Zhawk and Vion. Althena told me that Zhawk and Vion styles are very adaptable, so one can put their own twist on them," Praxat said.

" One can actually self-train themselves in those two styles and develop their own versions of them. Not so much for the other styles of Aoem. Oh, and what you told me about your martial arts sounds so cool, Dash," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    For a single moment, Night stares at Sasheem. A thin smile crosses his lips as a single taco hovers up and goes to Night. He cautiously takes a bite, then narrows his eyes. He nods to Sasheem, plays a quick note to make the rest of the taco’s float up, and then turns his back on them all and walks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna sighed, and severed her connection to the planet, before whisking the three of them back to U15, and specifically the Lookout; with their prize won.
    "To be completely honest..." The Majin sighed. "Sasheem didn't think that would work. Either way, you better be ready to thank him. Clearly it was Sasheem's offer that saved the day!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "To be completely honest..." The Majin sighed. "Sasheem didn't think that would work. Either way, you better be ready to thank him. Clearly it was Sasheem's offer that saved the day!"
    "Yes, I'll let you have this one," Parsley remarked from a short distance away. "You need the boost to your fledgling self-confidence."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Queen's Mettle VI -- Hearts of Ice

Sarada had faced five Archons already and still had four left to go. "Fucking...why the **** does there need to be nine of these fuckers? Who the **** needs some ******* to control sand and fucking wood?" she grumbled. She felt the four core elements - fire, water, earth, and air - was more than enough to get across whatever point these creatures' creator had in mind. She felt whoever it was was just flexing the fact that they could make elemental creatures. "Ooh, look at me. I'm making a talking tree and a pile of seaweed with a soggy vagina. Gimme a fucking break."

Despite her disgruntled attitude toward continuing this learning quest, she had no intention of quitting. She was going to get a sweet tech out of it and she wasn't about to miss out on that. Besides, it wasn't like she wasn't learning anything. Fighting with her brain made for some pretty cool results. She couldn't wait to use her ki web on someone in an actual fight and actually explode them. Maybe I'll use it on Tundra. Nah, I'm definitely using it on him.

Speaking of tundras, the next demesne was a frozen tundra. Ice and snow accumulated on the ground for as far as her eyes could see. In the far distance, tall mountains tickled the sky, giving the horizon a jagged edge. The temperature was freezing. Puffs of vapor billowed out of her mouth with each exhale. She wasn't cold, and she was even better at dealing with the cold than she was the first time she faced the Icy Archon, Oighear.

"Back for more, I see," Oighear remarked from a distance. Sarada turned to face it. Or her, as its form was blatantly female. It only then occurred to her that she had been referring to these creatures as things rather than people. A mistake, she supposed. "I was told by my kin that you would cross my path again. That you have made it this far is impressive."

"Not like I'm actually fighting anyone," she said morosely. "It's only been escape this sinking sand trap or play hide and seek with a tree." She sighed. "I'm guessing this is going to be more of the same."

"Not necessarily. My kin chose various means of testing you, true, but that does not mean the remainder of us will. I do not know of Tintreach's intentions, but myself, Lasair, and Criostalach will cross fist with you for your own benefit."

At hearing those words, Sarada was overjoyed. "Are you serious?! This is the best news ever!" She got into fighting position and powered up. "Ready when you are!"

Oighear chuckled, as if she knew something Sarada didn't. "Very well. Let us begin." With that, she dashed in to engage Sarada.

Sarada met her head-on. She remembered what happened the last time they crossed fists, and the burn of the frostbite that somehow affected her prosthetic hands. She very much wanted to avoid that this time. As such, she formed two small barriers over her fists, tight enough to fucntion as a second pair of gloves. The first clash was met with a dampened sensation and no burn.

"Hm. You have learned. Very good."

The two darted through the icy tundra, creating shockwaves every time they clashed. Before, Oighear was the clear stronger of the two. This time, it was reversed. Sarada never realized how much stronger she was when she was fighting Parsley because they were improving at the same time and only had each other as a reference. Once she fought someone who had previously mopped the floor with both of them, she found out just how much stronger she had become.

She was dancing around Oighear, easily dodging her strikes and attacking her blind spots. Yet, for all the damage she was doing - which was substantial - it was mended and back as good as new within moments. She must be healing from the cold in the air. It wouldn't matter if she was stronger if the person she was fighting could heal from an wounds almost immediately after they were inflicted. The only possible outcome was Sarada succumbing to exhaustion and losing.

She needed to find a way to keep Oighear from mending her wounds before she started to lose steam. As of the moment, she wasn't in any danger, but that could change in a heartbeat. Think, she silently urged herself as she disengaged and retreated to a safe distance.

"So, you've finally figured it out." Oighear chuckled. "It is impressive that you have managed to gain this much power in such a short time. That, I suppoose, it the fighting prowess Inanna told us about. However, superior strength does not always guarantee victory. My kin, Lasair, learned that lesson well many of your years ago. So, how will you proceed now?"

She had an idea. She knew that salt could melt ice and prevent it from re-freezing, which was how Oighear was healing herself. However, there wasn't any of it to be found and she didn't know how to make it herself on the fly. Nor did she feel she was going to have the time.

Her teeth gritted together. She ran through her techniques in her head, even the ones she only used a few times years ago. Nothing in her arsenal could help her. For the first time since this stupid quest began, she realized what Criostalach wanted to teach her. She couldn't brute force her way through this.

"Having trouble? Allow me to jog your memory." Oighear clenched her fists. There was a still lull of sorts in the air, then everything warped. A wave of pure cold washed across the distance between them.

Sarada didn't know what it was going to do, but she knew it was bad. She took to the air to avoid it, but her cape got caught. The fabric, which was strong enough to survive several explosions without so much as a wrinkle, instantly froze solid. She quickly detached it from her armor before it could spread to her.

Another beam of ice barely missed her, followed by another. She countered that one with ki blast, only to gawk in utter amazement when it was frozen solid. "What the hell?" The actual hell? She was almost certain it wasn't physically possible to freeze pure energy. Was it? Science stuff was boring and beyond her, but she was pretty sure that it wasn't possible. It was like freezing fire or something like that.

"I may now be the weaker of the two of us, but you would do well to be wary, child." Oighear suddenly sunk into the ice below and disappeared from view.

"****. Where'd she go?" Sarada took to the air to put some distance between them and to think of another strategy. Okay, I know she can heal from pulling in cold air. Or something. I just know it has something to do with re-freezing. If I can block out the cold air, then that should keep her from healing. And I think I have just the tech for that.

As she was thinking, the ground started to rumble. Massive pillars shot out of the ground, nearly skewering Sarada had she not gotten out of the way in time. The pillars continued, spiraling around each other to created a tapered roof. A cage? There was just enough space between the pillars for her to slip through, but there were also films of ice between them.

Oighear emerged at the bottom of the cage. "Try to escape if you dare," she said. "Or come and face me."

Sarada had a feeling she was in a lose-lose situation. If her gut was right, the films of ice could freeze her solid on impact, or at least burn her like Oighear's touch did a while ago. There was also no telling what the Archon had in mind. Regardless, Sarada felt she only had one choice in the matter.

Without a word, she quickly descended and prepared to fight again. As they clashed again, she put her plan into motion and completely enclosed the both of them inside a large barrier.

"Interesting," she commented.

As she hoped, the barrier blocked out the cold that was permeated the outside world. And just as she hoped, any damage the Archon suffered at her hands didn't heal as quickly at first, then not at all.

"You figured it out," Oighear remarked with a smile in her voice. "Very good, young Queen." She held a hand up to call Sarada's assault off. "I believe that is enough. I must admit this has not gone the way I initially thought it would. That is good. You have improved greatly. Perhaps enough to secure another victory." The cage poofed out of existence. "You will need this strength for your next challenge. He has been very keen in facing you again."

She had a feeling she knew who she was talking about. That fiery little piss ant who tried to kill Ishtar for something he wasn't even around for. "I've been waiting for this," she said while clenching her fist.

"I had a feeling." She gestured for Sarada to follow.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" For Vear style and Zhino style maybe but not Zhawk style and Vion style. Althena isn't a master in those, and she's the only living master of Aoem. So I will continue to self-train myself in Zhawk and Vion. Althena told me that Zhawk and Vion styles are very adaptable, so one can put their own twist on them," Praxat said.

" One can actually self-train themselves in those two styles and develop their own versions of them. Not so much for the other styles of Aoem. Oh, and what you told me about your martial arts sounds so cool, Dash," Praxat said.
    "Yeah, well, thanks." Dash briefly glanced at the clock on the building, reminding herself of how much or how little time they had, "The point of this exercise is that, since we'll be trainin together an we come from different cultures, it's best to get it out in the open right off the bat what our motivations are. If ah were trainin with someone from my clan, we'd go straight at it. Ah figger the same for two Saiyans, or two Chromakai, or whatever. Cyanna an ah had a sit down like this after the Silver Lady took me in as a student."

"For now, for the rest of the day, we had best focus on our individual techniques. Separately or we can help each other out as needed. It would have been easier for me if we were outdoors, but ah can still practice what ah got right here. Since we both need to become stronger, ah figure we can spend more time tomorrow on exercise and sparing, eventually pitting your Aome techs against my Elemental techniques."

Taking a step towards the White Void, "Ready when you are," as she stepped off into the void for the next stage of training. It's only the second day inside the RoSaT, they still have about 88 days left, but the pattern of training is taking shape. In her mind, Dash reminded herself that she, no they, need to take full advantage of this opportunity since they may never get another chance like this again.

"Yeah, well, thanks." Dash briefly glanced at the clock on the building, reminding herself of how much or how little time they had, "The point of this exercise is that, since we'll be trainin together an we come from different cultures, it's best to get it out in the open right off the bat what our motivations are. If ah were trainin with someone from my clan, we'd go straight at it. Ah figger the same for two Saiyans, or two Chromakai, or whatever. Cyanna an ah had a sit down like this after the Silver Lady took me in as a student."

"For now, for the rest of the day, we had best focus on our individual techniques. Separately or we can help each other out as needed. It would have been easier for me if we were outdoors, but ah can still practice what ah got right here. Since we both need to become stronger, ah figure we can spend more time tomorrow on exercise and sparing, eventually pitting your Aome techs against my Elemental techniques."

Taking a step towards the White Void, "Ready when you are," as she stepped off into the void for the next stage of training. It's only the second day inside the RoSaT, they still have about 88 days left, but the pattern of training is taking shape. In her mind, Dash reminded herself that she, no they, need to take full advantage of this opportunity since they may never get another chance like this again.
    Praxat steps out into the void." Ready!" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Praxat steps out into the void." Ready!" Praxat said.
    Moving farther out into the void, Dash waits a moment for Praxat. "Tell you what, you pull out your most powerful tech, an ah'll do the same. Lets' see how they match up."

With that, Dash clenches her fists, holding her hands out to either side as she powers up. As she does, her clothes transform into the Spider Armor. She then throws her head back as the armor once again transforms, along with it her eyes become blue and her black hair shifts to dark blue. Once the transformation is complete, she faces Praxat in her Storm Armor.

"This is my Storm Armor, with it ah get a speed boost and can control wind, lightning, and thunder. Now lets see what you can do."

Moving farther out into the void, Dash waits a moment for Praxat. "Tell you what, you pull out your most powerful tech, an ah'll do the same. Lets' see how they match up."

With that, Dash clenches her fists, holding her hands out to either side as she powers up. As she does, her clothes transform into the Spider Armor. She then throws her head back as the armor once again transforms, along with it her eyes become blue and her black hair shifts to dark blue. Once the transformation is complete, she faces Praxat in her Storm Armor.

"This is my Storm Armor, with it ah get a speed boost and can control wind, lightning, and thunder. Now lets see what you can do."
    Praxat goes into Max Mode. " Don't know why I'm pulling this out. It's a waste of stamina and Ki, but okay," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out