Page 104 of 371 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    On Reshlan........

A rush of people burst into the Grand Maven’s Sigil room, a cluster of Bronze and Silver Knights amidst a dozen Priestesses. Carried by them is a strange dark egg, pulsing with energy.

The Maven take one look and tsks.

“So it has happened. I predicted this foolishness.”

The egg pulses in anger, the Grand Maven smirking.

“Predicted and planned for. The Grand Ritual is possible, Lord Auroc, as you suggested. Since phase one was only partially successful, phase two will require more......sacrifice...then before since neither the Kami or the child were acquired. This is acceptable?”

The egg pulses even further.

“Very well. I shall start the consumption phase. Worry not, Lord. You’ll be even more powerful soon. I shall also attempt another scrying on this....Lampton...you seek.”

Three Priestesses carry the egg over to a pool of black liquid and place it in, letting it sink and submerge fully. The rest of them go around it, drawing arcane runes and glyphs around the pool of liquid.

The Maven looks at the Knights.

“Knights Bronze and Silver, find one thousand of our....lesser cousins and acquire them as components for the Ritual. Tell the volunteers their families will be further elevated by their sacrifice.”

The two sets of knights bow and retreat, leaving four Gold Knights there. She turns and looks at them.

“Two of you, take the siphon to the prisoner and drain as much as you can without killing her. What we’ll lose in potency we’ll gain in volume.”

Two nod and leave, carrying a strange pointed device with them. The last two then turn to her, questioningly.

“One of you sort the new turned Threshlings. Any too....weak, add to the consumption the others are gathering. And lastly, one of you bring me....Knight Kakarot. His services shall be required soon.”

The two salute and leave, the Maven turning and adding her voice and drawn runes to an ever overlapping and rising chant of magic, layers of runes suffusing the dark pool.
    The click of steps alerts the Grand Maven to his arrival.

“Ah, Knight Kakarot. Thank you for joining me.”

The blank face, blind eyes, and stiff movements denote an...unusual nature to the Knight. The dead thing now alive looks at her, bowing.

“You are to act as our first line of defense, alongside several Golden Knights, should something actually manage to get to us. Prepare yourself. You have permission to use your full strength.”

She draws a line, and glyphs on Kakarot’s body appear, then shatter. The deadman grunts, and a slight twitch of the mouth seems to denote some level of pleasure at this. He bows again, then leaves the complex. Looking up into the sky with dead eyes, he gently floats up, flanked by five Golden Knights, and eagerly awaits battle.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Galloping was fast, making pace at speeds that would dazzle even the most sleek of ships, perhaps rivaled by some prototype GP Cruisers, and of course, the Gallopings own sister ships.

Held sat cross legged within an empty section of the ship, clearly a training hall of some sort to allow a warrior to maintain his keen edge, even in the depths of space.

His breathing was slow, even and deep, a habit born of training as much as the necessity of doing so in an area where the gravity had been artificially enhanced. Yet another of the newer modifications Jinzi had added. It was heavy enough to make the Nevadian aware of it, and let light enough as to avoid seriously taxing his body.

It was Helds way of putting himself through his paces; It had been too long since he had found the time to train as he ought; Moments were taken here and there, but the relentless onslaught of duty had put a slight bit of rust on the most keen edge of the Nevadian Spearsman.

Breathe....Bring nothing into this moment....

Against such powerful foes, Held would not be so overconfident as to fight them unprepared.

Breathe.....Focus....Calm.....Peaceful....This is what it means to be of the Unicorn...

The strain of gravity faded into the background. However, something else popped in the the Nevadians mind, distracting him from his meditation.

Destination Approaching

The Ovehead speakers boomed in the Nevadians ears, as the formerly red lights flashed white.

Destination Approaching

"Computer. Halt Gravity."

The Gravity suddenly relaxed its hold, and Held felt his body become much lighter, as he felt invigorated.

"Good Grief. I can't tell if I lost that much focus, or if we're that fast."

He hopped to his feet with a grunt, before swiftly stretching in all directions.

"Computer. Begin landing procedure." The Nevadian commanded, exiting the chamber and walking towards the rear entryway of the ship. "Keep us about 300 kilometers away from the coordinates given."

It'll be too much of a pain to try and land in all that brush and with all those temples...

The ship beeped in confirmation, and the Nevadian pushed a button on a nearby wall, and the rear hatch opened with little fanfare.

He stopped for a moment, feeling out for the Ki signatures of his allies. As strong and potent as they were, it took little effort to find them, along with unfamiliar, foreign ones radiating dark intent.

"Yeah...That's definitely them, and they're definitely busy." Held mumbled, jumping out of the ship as a white aura flared around him, as he launched himself towards there position at super sonic speeds, "I better get a move on."
    Prodigiously swift did the Galloping move. By the path charted by the navigation data, its pace through the stars seemed as if mere minutes. As Held's craft descended into the atmosphere, gravity righted itself with the pull down to planetside, and the star surrounding the planet reflected itself over the mist falling upon the dense canopy.

As he moved closer towards the Obsidian Ziggurat, his flight would bring him near Ulysses' ship, the Penelope. It was a vessel of an older make, a converted freight runner with an armoured hull designed to go straight through meteoric debris., A faint ripple of a force shield cast about the main body of the vessel.

The closer he got to the transponder frequency, the more familiar the sight, and withit all the signs of the recent combat. All was centred upon that towering, shadowy obelisk that darkened the very horizon it stood upon.

As he set foot there within those halls, the Dark Intent he'd intuitively registered grew increasingly concentrated. Within the assembled throng of prostrated worshippers the Captain broadcast earlier, he found them still seated there frozen in mindless prayers. How this dark power coursed itself through their bodies and carried itself through the walls, tracing a path up the metalloid steps.

As Held moved further into the reaches of this pyramid of power, so did the warmth of sun abandon him for a strange, artificial light that streaked up the walls, raised in pulsing, knotted veins that ran up the slope with an uncanny biological geometry. Gathered humidity from the outside collected and fell off of the cylindrical edges of these strange tubules and fell in collected droplets with such frequency it felt like rain.

Suddenly, a flare of ki swept the environs, and the very air froze dry in an instant. When he crossed into the icy antechamber before him, impacts shook the air and shattered the floor beneath them like glass. The handiwork of some very familiar faces.

Zaofan breathed deep, his aura manifesting in a peculiar way; rather than sweeping outward, it seemed to twist and spiral inwards. The Silver Knight raised his sword, the magic tracing about it leaving frost in its wake as he drew it forward. The plates, dented and shattered, were bolted together with a shadowy liquid substance that seemed to weld the injuries together. Even as the blood streaked a trail behind Canin's footfalls, the Threshling warrior refused to retread. He raised the sword to guard, and Zaofan struck it aside with his staff, and threw himself forward in a coordinated maneuver.

The Martial Chef wound low, and threw a twisting kick straight to Canin's midsection. Creeping up the Knight's armor, a shockwave reverb spiraling through the joints. Even with the pilable anatomy inherent to Threshlingkind, the kinetic shock imparted a winding pressure through his core and limbs that loosed the core and froze the Ice Knight's limbs, pinned Canin in place and seized his movement, rendering him helpless for the presence behind him.

Simultaneously, Ochazuke thrust his palms upon Canin's back and neck, and with a burst of iron wind, Kongosho struck the neutralization energies press through the Knight's head and heart.

On impact, the Knight fell to a knee, and with a hollow cry, dark issue began to pour out from the maimed gaps of his armour and through the slits of his helm. The scattering ichor leapt from him, a liquid like tar writhing violent tendrils as it twist out from the Silver Knight.

"Auroc's gift," Ochazuke said to Canin, whose voice sputtered with a sound like drowning. "Do you see?"

As if responding to his voice, the dark liquid collected into a single tendril that turned towards the martial artist. Ochazuke's eyes narrowed, and with a sharp Kiai, the substance was vaporized in an instant, and the knight fell unconscious before them.

The two human warriors breathed a brief sigh of relief, then turned toward the newly arrived Held. Before so much as a word could be exchanged...

"What the hell took you so long, Admiral?"

Ulysses, steps dragging, walked across the antechamber..

"Let these two out of your sight for one damn minute and all hell breaks loose," the Captain said, his ever-pale face ghastly and weary. "Thought this was a exploration mission, not a revolution."

Zaofan, prodding the fallen knight with his staff, loosed a low whistle. "...suppose I did fly a bit off the handle there, but you see, Mr. Prizzm, what they did to those poor people just trying to live their lives...I just couldn't help myself."

The Chef's face seemed leaner from the last time Held saw him, and from here he could see the whites of his eyes, quaking under a furrowed brow. His long fingers wrung themselves around his katchin staff, the palms dried and calloused from consummate practice.

"Whatever the case, that was their main enforcer," Ochazuke said grimly. "I have no doubt their Priestess is preparing some spell just through that door."

Even now the banishment to Terra was fresh in his memory, and the great Eye that observed those remnants of that dead world.

"Good to see you, Held. If it's some arcane matter that's been prepared in the brief window this Knight has afforded for them, we're likely to be walking straight into a trap."

"Let's test that theory," Zaofan said boldly, moving to the door leading to the apex terrace, the primacy of the ziggurat. "Spring the trap."

(Hearing all this makes me a little worried about Althena. No, I don't need to worry about her. I need to stay focus. Althena has Killrog and my sisters protecting her, and she can defend for herself,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Queen's Mettle IX -- Clear as Crystal I

Sarada stepped foot in the last realm with renewed vigor and a wide grin on her face. Not only because she was about to have the best fight since she had started training in Vaikuntha, but also because Criostalach's drip was undeniable. The entire realm was comprised entirely of crystals. They looked like giant diamonds. Sarada wasn't one to fawn over jewelry, but even she could appreciate a bit of swagger. Or in this case, a lot of it. But she wasn't there to gawk at the sheer amount of shiny, gleaming crystals as far as the eye could see. She had one last fight, and that always took precedence over everything.

She stepped inside what she assumed to be the sole structure that could be considered living quarters - assuming the Archon's didn't just sleep outside, or that they slept period - to begin her final challenge.

"Queen Sarada, you have done far better than I expected," Criostalach stated. She was seated upon a gleaming throne in the center of open space. The walls in the short distance were comprised of crystals situated in a way that reflected the sunlight perfectly, giving the entire room a dreamy, almost fantastical appeal. The floor was smooth and polished and clearly displayed the perfect reflection of the ceiling.

Each step Sarada took toward the throne echoed like an empty amphitheater. "I surprised myself, I think. Didn't think I'd have the patience to play games and think."

The Archon let out a chuckle, a crinkling laugh that sounded like someone was gently bending a broken window. "Indeed. However, in persevering this long, you have proven yourself more capable a warrior than if you had fought all eight in sequence. A true warrior can prevail in all manners of combat, not just physical." She stood from her throne, looking very much like a Queen about to address a subject in a more personal manner. "And now, for your final test, you will put to use all the lessons given to you by my brothers and sisters and face me in the physical combat you Saiyans love so dearly. You will not win. In fact, I highly doubt you will be conscious by the time I am done."

Any excitement she had evaporated. "Wait, w-- ?" A large, pointy fist sunk into her abdomen and nearly exploded out the other side. Blood and bile erupted out of her mouth before a punch to the face sent her flying out of the Crystal Throneroom and onto the hard ground outside.

Criostalach was on her before she could even comprehend what had just hit her, let alone try to recover. The Archon's arms blurred as she besieged Sarada with a relentless volley. Her Saiyan blood splattered across the ground. The blood that didn't was either smeared on Criostalach's fists or was running down Sarada's face.

She tried to block, to parry, to do anything, but the Archon was too fast for her to keep up. What the hell is going on?! she demanded mentally. She was so used to being stronger than nearly everyone she faced, or close enough that she could still do some damage with some planning. To be this outclassed and completely overwhelmed this quickly wasn't just a shock.

It made her feel small.

No! **** that! When Criostalach attempted to land another punch, Sarada ducked out of the way and quickly scampered away to safety. Her entire face was painted crimson with her own blood. Her armor was in tatters, as were much of the tights she wore underneath. Standing on her own two feet was a challenge. Her balance was just about gone and her legs felt like they were literally made of jelly. Still, she persisted.

She closed her eyes and breathed in, and then out slowly. And then again. When she opened her eyes, her body relaxed. The nearly autonomous state of Peerless Instinct was her only chance to keep up. She hadn't used it since training with Parsley those months ago; this was as good a time as any.

She dashed forward, fist drawn back and scanning her opponent for any weak point. There weren't any. She wouldn't be able to brute force her way to a win, nor would she be able to finesse one out. This was a battle she couldn't win. Even if that was true, that didn't mean she was just going to give up and take her beating without putting up a fight first.

She was a blur of motion, unleashing her own unrelenting volley upon the Archon. Yet, unlike Sarada, Criostalach had no trouble defending herself. Even thought Sarada knew where to attack and when, she wasn't fast enough.

"Interesting. You appear to have gotten even more attentive, even if you clearly are not thinking," the Archon noted. She continued to deflect Sarada's strikes.

As the battle progressed, it was happening again. The difference in speed between the two had been more than noticeable. The Archon was more than capable of dodging or parrying and countering with very little trouble. Yet, gradually, that advantage started to subside. At first, it wasn't noticeable enough for the Archon to worry, but that quickly changed.

"Uff," she grunted as Sarada finally landed a hit on her torso. No damage was suffered, but the successful blows were starting to happen more and more regularly. "Interesting."

Sarada wordlessly leaped into the air, pirouetting through the air while also charging her next attack. "Galick Gun...Fire!" she yelled while upside down.

The famous purple beam cut through the air at an alarming speed. That confirmed to her that not only was her combat and movement speed faster, but the speed of her attacks also increased drastically. She would have to study this phenomenon more closely when she got the chance.

Criostalach casually raised an arm to meet the beam head on. Like light through a prism, the beam filtered through her body and shot out the other side, showering the Crystal Throneroom with a diffused light show while the destructive ki of the Galick Gun shot harmlessly into Vaikuntha's "atmosphere". "An intriguing turn of events," the Archon admitted with a glassy clap of her hands. "I do not believe I have ever seen anything like this. What is this technique?"

Sarada didn't have much more time life and she couldn't spend it talking. She dashed forward, a ball of ki in each hand. "I call it Peerless Instinct," she answered as she lobbed those balls at the Archon. "I can fight without thinking."

"Fascinating. Autonomous combat is a feat rarely seen in mortals, and to this extent. Tell me, who taught you?" A pair of explosions erupted in her face as the two energy blasts struck her without so much as an attempt at evading. She was standing in the center of a small crater when the dust clear, not even a smudge on her gleaming form.

"I've been teaching myself for the last five years." She floated to the ground and dashed forward. She had one last thing to try. Once again, ki cycled through her arm as she threw her fist back. "CRIMSON DEATH!!" Her fist flew forward, the energy it was carrying exploding outward on contact.

However, instead of flowing through the Archon and exploding outward, as it had done the last few times she tried, it instead exploded back in her face on impact. It was like she had hit some kind of supernatural mirror.

Her own ki washed over her and flung her back a ways until she slammed into the ground. No sooner than when she landed, Criostalach stomped her footed down on her ribcage. She didn't so much as feel as she heard several of them break in half. She was pretty sure one of them punctured her lung because it was suddenly very hard to breathe. She gasped for breath and heard a rattle in her chest.

Yep, definitely punctured lung.

Peerless Instinct faded away, leaving her with nothing but pure pain and agony on her mind. The Archon was gracious enough to remove her foot from her abdomen and fall back a few steps to give her enough room to try and get up. I suppose this is where I'm supposed to keel over, she thought as she attempted to roll over onto her stomach. Even doing that felt like she had gotten run over by an asteroid. "Guess I'm out," she muttered.

She managed to get to her knees, then slowly rose to her feet. Blood dripped from her mouth to the ground, coalescing into a pool by her feet. "Hehe. You're a lot stronger than I thought." Saiyan Grit activated, closing her wounds just enough so she could at least breath more comfortably. That, plus the natural healing properties of Vaikuntha had her feeling better. Not by much, but she was in a better position than she was a half-minute ago.

"Indeed. I am the strongest of my kind, much how you are the strongest of your kind. I trust this is not the end of your efforts."

"Heh, ya got that right. I didn't keep the throne by rolling over and quitting." She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. "I'm not done yet!" Her aura flickered to life, then roared like a newly reinvigorated flame. A Saiyan's Pride gave her the energy she need to go on. The energy, not the strength. She needed more power, and there was only one way she was going to get it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Queen's Mettle IX -- Clear as Crystal II

She gritted her teeth and tapped into Saiyan Soul again. The last time, she grew into a hulking version of her normal Super Saiyan form. That form, however and shockingly, had less power than she had available once she master Super Saiyan. This time, was completely different.

She felt a surge of power the likes of which she had never encountered. Sparks of lightning shot around her aura. But, as soon as the power was there, it was gone. Her hair turned back to its natural brown color as she collapsed to the ground. "Damn it. Not again!"

"A pity."

Sarada heard Criostalach dashing toward her, but was in no position to do anything about it. The last thing she saw before it all came to an end was the gleaming crystal fist flying toward her face.

Then, it all went to black.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva gasps, blood leaking down her nose as she looks around her room. Eyes glowing, she pauses and listens, watches, then calls Robin Kai to her. When he comes, she issues her orders swiftly.

“Take Praxat and Dash out of the RoSaT. They can finish up later. Also contact Inanna, Neva, the Saiyans, and everyone else still here. Auroc needs to fall now. Their ride is already on its way.”

Kai nods and runs to get the two out of the RoSaT. After wards, he summons all the M-Fighters they can to the Lookout.

All the while, Eva stands and waits their arrival by the edge of the Lookout, Fate in her eyes as she watches something.
    "Finally, some progression."

The tiling behind him had been pulverized by his tail, leaving bare the rough foundation. He had been waiting far too long for his liking, but now at least things were growing interesting.

"So the supposed god falls first? An excellent warm-up."

Previously on Dragonball M:

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The ship beeped in confirmation, and the Nevadian pushed a button on a nearby wall, and the rear hatch opened with little fanfare.

He stopped for a moment, feeling out for the Ki signatures of his allies. As strong and potent as they were, it took little effort to find them, along with unfamiliar, foreign ones radiating dark intent.

"Yeah...That's definitely them, and they're definitely busy." Held mumbled, jumping out of the ship as a white aura flared around him, as he launched himself towards there position at super sonic speeds, "I better get a move on."
    "Good to see you, Held. If it's some arcane matter that's been prepared in the brief window this Knight has afforded for them, we're likely to be walking straight into a trap."

"Let's test that theory," Zaofan said boldly, moving to the door leading to the apex terrace, the primacy of the ziggurat. "Spring the trap."
    The Pinnacle lay just behind a door of such mass, reinforced by any number of arcane things webbing its framing. A sealed vault, the energy rendered into the leaden door coursing through it the same mysterious energies drawn out throughout the ziggurat's structure. At this highest point, it reached its greatest concentration.

When they struck it down, it fell flat against its hinges to reveal a large chamber that seemed to stretch far greater than the span of the building.

At the far end, seated upon the dais at the head of the room like a strange throne, rang a voice

"Ah, so you've finally arrived."

Atop immaculately polished, dark armour, a golden corona of hidden power ebbed beneath an eight-eyed helmet.

"I, Lord Markus Blacktongue, Herald of his Grace, the Lord Auroc, King of Reshlan, God of Victory and Deliverance from the Chaff by the Blessings of His Gift, have awaited your arrival to negotiate terms."

His speech seemed to lead his every movement, and as he stood it seemed each syllable slithered from him in time with every step forward.

"For the worlds His Grace cannot reach directly, I speak for him as his acting voice."

He bowed his head, folding his arms before him, his hands stretched palms-out until the long nails of each hand laid back against one another in a strange honourific salute.

"You've done quite well to come this far, Outworlders. Indeed a admire your primal conviction, such that it is, on our Baradur."

The Herald's formal bearing fell on steps that seemed almost rehearsed before his audience. As he slowly stepped towards them, it seemed that the breadth and span of the chamber seemed to shrink before him.

He stopped at a stone's throw from them, resting a thumb below his helmed face, the other drumming sharp fingers over the armoured crook of his elbow, chik-chik-chik-chik, as he seemed to survey them.

"In service to the Empire that elevated my kin from the fallen races of this universe, it is rare that We see such fortuitous resistance," he said, voice thick as honey. "The Threshling Empire is not without mercy however, We have a distinct eye for talent. In light of this, We would like to offer you a taste of true victory."

"Shall you stand at our side? You must realize that ours is inevitable."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Rousong turned, then nodded. "Good. The method will be simple--we will fight, and you will either meet my expectations or fail to meet them. Live or die, that's it." His tone of voice made it clear that he would not hesitate (...much) to slay the young hero, if he faltered. He wouldn't enjoy it, but without that element of danger--that need--then Pinach would never be able to transform.

At the same time, he wouldn't go all out... he would use just enough power to overwhelm the boy, but not enough to simply kill him instantly. A delicate balance, but one he could strike very easily.

Cracking his neck a few times, Rousong then dropped into a fighting stance, waiting for Pinach to do the same. Once the boy had done so, Rousong shot at him, aiming a heavy knee strike at the boy's center of mass. He wasn't using his full power or speed, so it would be within Pinach's ability to block, but after he was done giving the boy a chance to display his progress, the Emperor would gradually ramp things up until Pinach had but one choice... ascend or die.

Show me your mettle, Hero.
    Rousong wasted no time in getting started. He tried his best to keep up, but even with the strength he gained in the last three months, the gap between them was still far too great for him to compensate for. All he could do was throw his arms up and hope that something would happen. But, what was going to happen, other than the only two options he had been given. Either he was going to transform or he was going to die. Pinach had already long accepted that this moment was literally do or die; but actually being in it presented him with a renewed fear of how it was going to turn out.

If he failed, he wasn't going to see his family again. He would never get the chance to see Rutaba wished back to life. He would never get to see Maiz again. He couldn't even remember what the last thing he said to her was. Maiz was gone and he may not ever see her again! No! I have to keep fighting!! He tried to parry the incoming blows, but they were too numerous and too powerful for him to deflect.

Just like that guy...

He still remembered the day that Draconian showed up and started killing everyone. It started with Mato.

Mato sprinted into view and quickly flash-stepped toward them. “Get Her Highness out of here! Now!”

No sooner had he spoke, a grey-skinned, six-armed monstrosity of a man came into view. He was one of the strong guys, way stronger than anyone else there.

“GO!”

Mato tried to fight him off. His blows landed cleanly, but didn't so much as budge the Draconian. Suddenly, one of the six hands shot forward and burst through his chest, clean through his back. Mato spat up a gob of blood and gurgled something unintelligible.
    Then Rutaba...

Rutaba and Pinach reached the healing chamber and sealed the door closed behind them. His heart was racing faster than it ever had in his entire life. Mato, to them, had been the epitome of strength for so long. It was because of him and his kindness, however, that Pinach and Rutaba were as strong as they were. Seeing him killed so easily...

“He's coming!” Rutaba whispered harshly, prompting him to action.

He literally ripped the door off the healing pod. Healing solvent gushed out and pooled around his feet as Sarada's limp body fell forward into his arms. “What do we do? We have to get the teleporter nodes!”

“There's no ti—” Before she could finish, the sealed door, which was a foot thick, slammed into the wall adjacent to them.

Daroga stepped inside as Pinach started fiddling with his wrist.

“Child,” he spoke, voice carrying with it an odd sense of regret, “I do not wish to harm you. Hand over the Queen at once and flee with your lives.”

“Never!” Rutaba cupped her hands together and let loose a tremendous blast, a beam that would continue for however long she could keep it up.

“Fool. I gave you a chance.”

Several things happened at once. Pinach managed to open a portal. At the same time, Daroga let loose a blast in retaliation. It utterly overwhelmed and pushed Rutaba's back into her. It washed over them, the force of which took Pinach off his feet and threw him back through the portal. Rutaba, on the other hand, was in the line of fire.

The very last thing Pinach saw before the portal closed behind him was his beloved cousin being vaporized before his very eyes.

He landed on some hard surface and tumbled back. Sarada, in the rough landing, flew from his grip and slid back several feet. “No,” he cried, tears welling in his eyes and falling down his cheeks. “NO!”

Rutaba was dead.
    If he had been stronger, he could have saved her. If he had been faster, had thought faster, then he could have opened the portal quickly enough for all three of them to get through to safety. If he had been stronger, he could have made that Koorimaru guy tell him where Maiz was and make him give her back. If he had been stronger...

If I was stronger... why am I so weak? Why can't I protect the people I love?!

It was his fault Rutaba was dead. He should have been able to protect her and Sarada, and he failed. What was going to stop him from failing again?

"Nothing." A surge of uncontrollable power swelled within him. Like a volcano, it erupted. He let out a harrowing roar, letting that power explode outward in a shower of golden power. His entire body felt trembly. His limps twitched and his breathing felt slow and heavy. His mind was completely overtaken by the rage and hatred that he felt the moment Rutaba was taken from him. She was his best friend, and that six-armed bastard took her away from him. He was going to pay.

The light subsided, leaving Rousong with this standing in front of him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Rousong wasted no time in getting started. He tried his best to keep up, but even with the strength he gained in the last three months, the gap between them was still far too great for him to compensate for. All he could do was throw his arms up and hope that something would happen. But, what was going to happen, other than the only two options he had been given. Either he was going to transform or he was going to die. Pinach had already long accepted that this moment was literally do or die; but actually being in it presented him with a renewed fear of how it was going to turn out.

If he failed, he wasn't going to see his family again. He would never get the chance to see Rutaba wished back to life. He would never get to see Maiz again. He couldn't even remember what the last thing he said to her was. Maiz was gone and he may not ever see her again! No! I have to keep fighting!! He tried to parry the incoming blows, but they were too numerous and too powerful for him to deflect.

Just like that guy...

He still remembered the day that Draconian showed up and started killing everyone. It started with Mato.

Then Rutaba...

If he had been stronger, he could have saved her. If he had been faster, had thought faster, then he could have opened the portal quickly enough for all three of them to get through to safety. If he had been stronger, he could have made that Koorimaru guy tell him where Maiz was and make him give her back. If he had been stronger...

If I was stronger... why am I so weak? Why can't I protect the people I love?!

It was his fault Rutaba was dead. He should have been able to protect her and Sarada, and he failed. What was going to stop him from failing again?

"Nothing." A surge of uncontrollable power swelled within him. Like a volcano, it erupted. He let out a harrowing roar, letting that power explode outward in a shower of golden power. His entire body felt trembly. His limps twitched and his breathing felt slow and heavy. His mind was completely overtaken by the rage and hatred that he felt the moment Rutaba was taken from him. She was his best friend, and that six-armed bastard took her away from him. He was going to pay.

The light subsided, leaving Rousong with this standing in front of him.
    To the boy's credit, he managed to block and parry a fair number of his attacks, even if they were half-assed. That... was something not many could say. As the assault continued, however, he ramped up his speed and power until his strikes were simply too fast to be caught by someone of Pinach's level. With every impact, he felt flesh bruise and bone crack, and yet, it was most intriguing what he did not feel break and give way.

The boy's will.

Briefeye contact gave the Emperor flashes of what was going through Pinach's head. That rage at being weak, the pain of losing his family and closest friend. A desire to protect his loved ones--a feeling somewhat alien to Rousong these days, as he effectively had no loved ones left.

Tch.

A finally, it happened, an explosion of power met Rousong's fist and broke his momentum, pushing him back. He drew up to his full height, grinning and taking in the sight. He... looked about as Rousong had expected he would look. Furthermore, he'd transformed far more quickly than anticipated... heh, he hadn't even gotten a chance to send a Kamehameha his way.

He had known the boy had been stewing on... certain matters, of course, but he had perhaps underestimated just how much.

No matter, what was important was that the boy had transformed.

"Good. You're a natural," he said, circling around the boy. "The power's wild, isn't it? Not in magnitude--not yet--but in nature. That restless rage bubbling within you... conquering and mastering that is one half of mastering that form. The other... is mere physical conditioning, a far simpler matter. Now... wish to test it out while you still hold the form? You'll tire quite fast, at least at first."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Default Queen's Mettle X - Kith and Kin

When Sarada came to, her head was still throbbing. She was laying on a hard stone slab that apparently passed for a bed for these guys. She must have been out a while because the sky was dark, whereas it had been early morning when she fought Criostalach. She rose to a sitting position and took stock of her surroundings. It seemed to be some kind of grassy knoll. She wasn't sure which realm they were in, but she supposed it didn't matter.

"Ah, she is awake," came Criostalach's voice from a short distance away. The murmurs of the other Archons, as well as the shuffling of elemental feet through the shin-high grass alert her to the presence of the other Archons. "You are to be commended, young queen. You have completed the quest of mine. Do you have any words before we proceed any further?"

Sarada rose to her feet and turned to face them. The first thing she did was salute and bow at the waist. "I'm honored to have faced you all in some form of combat. Despite not fighting all of you straight up, I still learned something, so all in all, it was a good time."

"Well said, Saiyan. If there is nothing else, choose which of the nine you wish to be recognized as kith and kin. Then, that Archon will bestow upon you the boon I promised at the outset."

Sarada didn't need to think on it. The only one she made a connection with outside of combat was Lasair. Both of them were young rulers who had to earn the respect of those that were older, wiser, and more experienced than them. They were both hotheads who had been thoroughly enthralled by the allure of revenge. Lasair, for the destruction of his world at the hands of Ishtar; Sarada, for the assimilation of her friend, Charco.

"I choose Lasair."

He nodded and, she suspected, smiled. "Very well. Take my hand, and I will bestow my boon to you."

She stepped around the stone slab she had been standing behind and approached him. Without hesitation, she took hold of his outstretched hand. A sharp burning sensation spread rapidly through her hand, like fire burning through a pile of dry leaves. It persisted all the time he held her hand. When he let it go a moment later, it still persisted. She looked at her hand and saw the back of it had been branded by what she assumed was his race's ensignia or symbol or whatever.

"There. You have been recognized as the kith and kin of the Fire Elementals of Lasair. Carry that badge with honor, young one."

She then knew what Ishtar, then Inanna, felt like when she found a new shiny for her collection. In short, it was exciting. She would have to test things out so she could know for sure what kind of boon it was she had just received. A sparring session with Parsley was definitely in order. She should have been done with her quest a while ago, and Sarada wanted to see where she stood afterward. "Thank you, kin. I'd test this out now, but I have to go. I have a race to save from genocide." With that, she saluted one last time and took off.

The first place she headed was the village the Turrip Saiyans set up for themselves within Vaikuntha. It was basically a small city, but they hadn't the chance to expand it further than the little they originally staked out for themselves. I wonder if I should refer to them as the Vaikuntha Saiyans, she thought as she landed. It had only been two days, but it felt so good to finally lay eyes on other Saiyans again. Her interactions with the larger realm of Vaikuntha had been severely limited over the past year. It had basically been her, Parsley, Nevanlinna, and little Kumara. While training took precedence over pretty much everything else, she was missing interacting with other people besides the ones she was training.

"Your Highness," spoke a man with an immediate salute. The other four behind him also saluted. "Finished with your training?"

"Yes. It's been a long year, but I feel I'm finally ready to face Tundra. I need new armor, then I'll leave."

"Of course." One of the women gestured for her to follow her into her shop a short distance away. Different advanced models of Saiyan armor were hanging up on the wall. She noticed that several of the models weren't of the same design as many Saiyans had become accustomed to. In fact, they looked more like regular clothes than actual armor.

She knocked on a particular breastplate that appeared to be nothing more than a shirt and marveled at how sturdy it was.

"Ah, that's our pending casual line. Impact resistant, but still flexible like regular cloth. It's still a work in progress." She handed her a suitcase. "There you go. The changing room is... right...okay," she stammered as Sarada started changing right there.

She pulled the breastplate over her head and looked at herself in the mirror. She really liked what she saw. She tossed the scouter in the trash like the outdated garbage it was and slipped the Medallion of Leadership over her head. "Looks good." She turned around to get a look at the back. "Heh. Been a while since I've worn short tights." Showing off the legs was never a bad thing. I wonder if Inanna is a leg woman. Heh.

"Very good, Your Highness. Would you like some supplies before you embark to Vocado to face Tundra?"

"Yes. I'll need some food, and I want a few medics to go to Ruco to check out the injured. There's no telling how much damage was done."

With that, gathered up a few days worth of food and stored it all in a capsule she kept in a compartment in her hand. Then, she took her leave. Hm, that's weird. Inanna's back. And so is Parsley. I guess they're still training. Ah well; I don't have time to waste. Sighing to herself, she used her key to open the doorway between Vaikuntha and Earth and stepped through.

As it closed behind her, she noticed that several of the others were on the Lookout. No sign still of Ochazuke, Zaofan, or Held. The latter was probably busy shoving pencils up his ass or whatever bureaucrats did. That didn't explain where the former two were. At least she hoped it didn't.

"Hey, what's going on?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-01-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Dash, what Eva has said has me a little worried about Althena and Meagan," Praxat whispered.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-01-2020 at 11:15 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

The two human warriors breathed a brief sigh of relief, then turned toward the newly arrived Held. Before so much as a word could be exchanged...

"What the hell took you so long, Admiral?"

Ulysses, steps dragging, walked across the antechamber..

"Let these two out of your sight for one damn minute and all hell breaks loose," the Captain said, his ever-pale face ghastly and weary. "Thought this was a exploration mission, not a revolution."
    "My apologies." Held replied, glancing at Ulysses out of the corner of his eye, his gaze focused more intently on the unconscious form of the Knight that lay prone before him. "I got lost in the map of my mind, I suppose."

He gently prodded the fallen form with his foot, noticing the most minute of twitches as he did. It was alive, although not in any condition to do anything other than exist.

I guess it's good to know those two are as sharp as ever...Maybe even sharper.

"Exploration and Liberation go hand in hand on this one, I suppose." Held replied with a shrug to the good Captains protest.

"Normally I'd agree, but it's probably best that they took them out before they mounted a serious attack....The Thresling Empire isn't particularly known for it's dipomatic tactics, although I suppose you had a closer look than I at what awaits people who resist them..."

Zaofan, prodding the fallen knight with his staff, loosed a low whistle. "...suppose I did fly a bit off the handle there, but you see, Mr. Prizzm, what they did to those poor people just trying to live their lives...I just couldn't help myself."

The Chef's face seemed leaner from the last time Held saw him, and from here he could see the whites of his eyes, quaking under a furrowed brow. His long fingers wrung themselves around his katchin staff, the palms dried and calloused from consummate practice.
    ....This trek must have been more arduous than I realized when they set off. Well, that goes without saying, looking at the mess the Threshlings made here....

"Whatever the case, that was their main enforcer," Ochazuke said grimly. "I have no doubt their Priestess is preparing some spell just through that door."

Even now the banishment to Terra was fresh in his memory, and the great Eye that observed those remnants of that dead world.

The Nevadian nodded to his old comrades in agreement with both of them. It was better to nip this in the bud here and now.

"We'll have a proper toast to celebrate when this is over." Held replied with a smirk, his golden spear appearing in his hand in a puff of smoke as the Red Shingan manifested itself.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Previously on Dragonball M:

The Pinnacle lay just behind a door of such mass, reinforced by any number of arcane things webbing its framing. A sealed vault, the energy rendered into the leaden door coursing through it the same mysterious energies drawn out throughout the ziggurat's structure. At this highest point, it reached its greatest concentration.

When they struck it down, it fell flat against its hinges to reveal a large chamber that seemed to stretch far greater than the span of the building.

At the far end, seated upon the dais at the head of the room like a strange throne, rang a voice

"Ah, so you've finally arrived."

Atop immaculately polished, dark armour, a golden corona of hidden power ebbed beneath an eight-eyed helmet.

"I, Lord Markus Blacktongue, Herald of his Grace, the Lord Auroc, King of Reshlan, God of Victory and Deliverance from the Chaff by the Blessings of His Gift, have awaited your arrival to negotiate terms."

His speech seemed to lead his every movement, and as he stood it seemed each syllable slithered from him in time with every step forward.

"For the worlds His Grace cannot reach directly, I speak for him as his acting voice."

He bowed his head, folding his arms before him, his hands stretched palms-out until the long nails of each hand laid back against one another in a strange honourific salute.

"You've done quite well to come this far, Outworlders. Indeed a admire your primal conviction, such that it is, on our Baradur."

The Herald's formal bearing fell on steps that seemed almost rehearsed before his audience. As he slowly stepped towards them, it seemed that the breadth and span of the chamber seemed to shrink before him.

He stopped at a stone's throw from them, resting a thumb below his helmed face, the other drumming sharp fingers over the armoured crook of his elbow, chik-chik-chik-chik, as he seemed to survey them.

"In service to the Empire that elevated my kin from the fallen races of this universe, it is rare that We see such fortuitous resistance," he said, voice thick as honey. "The Threshling Empire is not without mercy however, We have a distinct eye for talent. In light of this, We would like to offer you a taste of true victory."

"Shall you stand at our side? You must realize that ours is inevitable."
    The Nevadian could scarcely restrain the urge to roll his eyes. The time in his position had made the endless posturing and formalities, all immensely annoying to him. This throne room alone was a symbol of the hubris and excess of Auroc and his Ilk, so content to rule over a land of drones, and even worse, speaking of it as if it were an honor.

Held felt the almost reflexive temptation to toss his spear into the center of the being right then and there.

But, he did have a job to do, and allowing selfish impulses to flourish was in direct opposition to that.

"We're honored by your generosity, but is there a better fate for those who join willingly, as opposed to those you've enthralled? " Held replied, his patience obviously running thin, "Or is there no real difference?

Nevermind. I don't care.

"With that said, I would like to make an even more amiable offer." Held continued, not waiting to hear the reply of the Herald.

"You tell us the quickest way to reverse what you've done, and in return we will allow you to leave this planet in peace. Perhaps then we can discuss the obvious disagreements between The Nevadian Federation and the Thresling Empire on more diplomatic terms."

The point of Helds spear, previously pointed towards the ground, rose up slightly towards their enemy as light reflected off of it's glistening form.

"Refuse, and we will leave you in the same condition that we left the Knight who guarded the doors."
    Last edited by Miburo; 06-03-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ten minutes pass, Kai has contacted all he can (Inanna, Blizzar, Neva, etc....), when Eva looks at a spot on the Lookout.

A person appears.

He looks at them all, smiling, and bows.

“Galaxy Police Commissioner Edan Mourn, at your service, Lady Eva. I believe a ride is required. My fleet is ready for action.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The Grand Maven was the one calling the shots. Meaning she was their primary target. "Then this Grand Maven is the one who needs to die above all others." She opened the doorway to Vaikuntha. "I need to learn all I can about her, and also retrieve Inanna. I'll be right back." She stepped inside and closed the doorway behind her.

Auroc was busy healing and gaining strength. Each moment they wasted was another moment Auroc had to get stronger. She by herself was well above his previous level of strength when he humiliated her and Sarada with ease. If they were to fight right that moment, the tables would be reversed and the outcome the exact opposite. She knew that, and she knew that he did as well. Inanna's power put the fear of GoD in his heart. A so-called "god" couldn't stand to be humbled in front of his servants. If they were too late and allowed him to restore himself, he would fight them with everything he had at his disposal.

The same mistake would not be made twice.

She took flight and landed where the Threshling Knights they saved from his foul influence were congregated. "Your former master is healing and gaining strength. The Grand Maven is now in charge, I'm told. Arm yourselves and come with me so you can fight to save your planet."
    Think you missed this Cleric
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ten minutes pass, Kai has contacted all he can (Inanna, Blizzar, Neva, etc....), when Eva looks at a spot on the Lookout.

A person appears.

He looks at them all, smiling, and bows.

“Galaxy Police Commissioner Edan Mourn, at your service, Lady Eva. I believe a ride is required. My fleet is ready for action.”
    After the wonderful meal prepared by Bekon had finished, mostly by the children--dear gods could they eat--Voyavoda bid Totoma and Bekon farewell, launching himself into the air and reached out with his senses to find the lookout. It didn't take long, as there was a distinct collection of impressively high powers a fair distance away. Most of them higher than his own by an impressive margin.

...he briefly reconsidered involving himself in this, as he was unsure how useful he'd be, yet that doubt passed quickly. He hadn't been lying when he felt... responsible, in a fashion, for all this Threshling nonsense, from Jagam onwards. Steeling his will, he flew towards the lookout at a measured pace--not too fast, not too slow.

Soon enough, he had reached his destination, and he dropped from the sky onto the lookout's surface, landing gingerly. Glancing around, he saw that quite an eclectic group had been gathered... presumably Totoma's allies, the... M-fighters, as he'd called them. Totoma had directed him to find an Eva, and so he would.

He cleared his throat. "Pardon my intrusion, but might I speak to Evangeline, the guardian of this world? Totoma sent me this way, to help with this... threshling matter, but he neglected to describe her to me, focused on inhaling as many roasts as possible as he was." His appetite had seemed dulled compared to what Voyavoda remember, but by the standards of most races, it was still... impressive, to say the least.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.