Page 105 of 371 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5560

A year of training passed by in a blink. The first half or two thirds had been spent training off-and-on with Parsley and Sarada--the former primarily magical training and the latter primarily martial. And, in the meantime, she tries to master that 'hozon' that had awakened in her.

...but that proved to be far more difficult than anticipated. She had received a power boost just from that bead that had protected Sarada, but with her limited amount of free time, she couldn't easily figure out how to access the power. As such, at a certain point, she said her goodbyes to the saiyan sisters and withdrew to do some... self-reflection.

That is to say, one day, she sat down, closed her eyes, and meditated. She was not one given to such things--she preferred to herself mentally... busy, so stilling her thoughts did not come naturally to her. But she felt that focusing inwards was the proper way to at least grasp this new power of hers in a way that made it usable.

The first day, she had no success. Her thoughts were too troublesome, too... loud.
    The second day, the same.
    And the third.

The fourth... her attempt at meditation was interrupted by frustration--and then rage. A mountain range, unfortunately, did not survive the princess' anger.

On the fifth, her rage abated, and she redoubled her efforts. She perhaps some success... or perhaps not. She wasn't sure.

On the sixth, for a brief span, she succeeded... perhaps. Briefly, for a few minutes, she felt connected to Vaikuntha--one with it, almost--and was keenly aware of everything transpiring within it. Shocked by this--and the accompanying loss of ego--Nevanlinna recoiled, jolting herself out of that state.

A semi-success, and one that gave her an avenue to pursue...

On the seventh, she repeated the process that had led to that state--steady, calm breathing, stilled thought, everything--and, when that feeling of oneness and egoless...ness overtook her, instead of recoiling from it, she embraced it..

~~~~~

Nevanlinna opened her eyes, blinking. She was still in the same position she had been when she'd embraced that state, but she was... covered in plant growth. And she ached, a bit, from not having moved for...

Oh for the love of... she'd ended up staying like that for... for...

Judging from the plant growth and based on her observations of how quickly this planet could grow... about three to four months. What in the hell!? How?! Why!?

...how the hell hadn't she withered away from lack of food or water!?

More distressingly, her memory of the intervening time was... hazy. She could somewhat remember things, but it was distant... she remember, ah... well, she remembered "watching" Sarada fight a procession of increasingly formidable elementals, despite being nowhere near them. She also remembered watching the Saiyans that had settled here go about their daily lives.

...in fact, she remembered a lot of that. Too much.

She sighed, standing up unsteadily. Her muscles screamed, having been stuck in the same position for months. She felt that there was more that she had to sift through, but, for now, her memory seemed... uncooperative, like it was trying to incorporate what she'd experienced in that odd state into her physical being.

Making her way to Vaikuntha proper--that is, the majority of it where time passed as normal--and she received a message from Seri--Eva requested her on the lookout. Something about Reshlan... a matter that obviously concerned her, personally. Forgetting that she was partially covered in leaves and vines, Neva opened a portal to the lookout and stepped out.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ten minutes pass, Kai has contacted all he can (Inanna, Blizzar, Neva, etc....), when Eva looks at a spot on the Lookout.

A person appears.

He looks at them all, smiling, and bows.

“Galaxy Police Commissioner Edan Mourn, at your service, Lady Eva. I believe a ride is required. My fleet is ready for action.”
    As Police Commissioner Mourn arrives, Dash steps back and walks slowly over to where Kai is standing. Speaking quietly to him, "Kai, Ah don't suppose you've heard from Cyanna, have you? Ah haven't seen or heard from her in nearly a year an, well, ah just wondered."
    Last edited by Tami; 06-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ten minutes pass, Kai has contacted all he can (Inanna, Blizzar, Neva, etc....), when Eva looks at a spot on the Lookout.

A person appears.

He looks at them all, smiling, and bows.

“Galaxy Police Commissioner Edan Mourn, at your service, Lady Eva. I believe a ride is required. My fleet is ready for action.”
    Blizzar arrived with the fleet. He stepped outside to briefly to greet his allies, prepared to assist in the battle.

Durive too, arrived with the flert , sitting on Mourn's shoulders, prepared to do nothing.

Sasheem folded his arms and looked down from the Lookout's rooftops at the fleet below. He had a vested interested in NOT going on this particular venture, but he could not deny...he was interested in facing this so called "proto-majin".

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

From the little Sarada had heard so far, mainly from one of the two random old dudes who just showed up, this was about the Threshling. Apparently, Auroc was about to make him move. She didn't know what that was, but... damn it. She wished Tundra wasn't the issue that he was, or else, she would march to his planet and make him choke on his own *******. Not only did he kill several of her people, but he tried to use her baby for...whatever thing he wanted from her. She supposed that was make her a slave or drain her power or something. If he explained it, she wasn't listening so much as she was imagining how she was going to make him suffer.

She turned away and slowly walked to the other side of the Lookout. She needed to get in contact with someone on one of the Saiyan worlds to find out just what the hell was going on. She knew that Tundra's most likely target was Vocado. Ruco was likely still under siege, or if it wasn't, it was in no position to give her anything resembling a recap. Avoca hadn't returned yet, so she knew that something was still going on.

She decided to try and call Pois. If there was anyone who knew what was going on, it would be her or the council.

"Your Highness, thank the gods you're okay," the woman said with a breathy sigh of relief. She could hear a baby - her baby - crying in the background, as well as Pinach talking to someone. "Your child is safe and sound, as are Princess Parsley's. Thankfully, Langal has been spared any military action by Tundra's forces."

That was a relief and a load off her shoulders. If the little crying brat was in actual danger... she actually didn't know what she would do. She had only had her for a few months, but if any of them were hurt, she would kill everyone involved and display their severed heads on wooden stakes. It didn't have to come to that... this time. "Excellent. What are the statuses of the other planets?"

"Callion and Pepa report no attacks, but they both sent as many solders as they could spare to Ruco. I haven't heard word from Ruco every since communications went down yesterday."

She noticed Pois failed to mention Vocado, which filled her with dread that she was right and Tundra was waiting for her. "What about Vocado?"

"It... it... Prince Pinach reported that it has been destroyed. It was confirmed last night."

She felt numb. The words registered, but something in her brain refused to acknowledge them as the truth. There was a mistake. That couldn't have been the case. She checked her personal portal to verify it for herself. Sure enough, Vocado's portal node was inactive, while the others were disabled. The only other inactive node was Inshinsa, a planet she herself destroyed as an insurance policy back when Jagam was still relevant.

Sarada felt her legs starting to wobble. "My planet... my home..." Vocado was more than simply the throneworld of the Saiyan Empire, it was her home. She had so many memories there, so many good times with friends and family. It was gone. It had been home to the Saiyan race for two millennia, and it was nothing more than a cloud of space debris. "He did this," she snarled. "That fucking bastard will pay!"

Despite her increasing rage, she had a moment of clarity. If Vocado was destroyed, then Tundra likely wasn't there anymore. If not there, and the other worlds hadn't experienced any attacks from his forces, then that left...

What? Back to Ruco? With his army there, she doubted he would waste his time. And she didn't think he would be content to just go home and wait for the results to come back to him. Would he? "Is word on where he is?"

"Before Ruco's communication was cut off, we managed to capture one of his soldiers. It took some... creative methods, but we got him to talk. He found out about the Saiyan homeworld."

Her blood ran ice cold. The world that was discovered to have been the original home to the Saiyans. A world that only she and a select few others knew about. She didn't know how he found out, but it didn't matter. If he arrived before she did, they were going to get slaughtered. "Goddamn it!"

"It's reported that he left some time yesterday morning in one of his ships."

"Arcosian ships aren't particularly fast. Maybe if I borrow one of Parsley's First Race ships, I can beat him there and still have time to prepare."

"By yourself? Are you strong enough?"

"I've spent a year training just for this fight. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Get in touch with Sellerie and tell her to meet me on Earth ASAP. Also, gather up as many soldiers as you can spare, just in case Tundra has lackeys with him."

"Yes, ma'am."

She ended the transmission and breathed in deeply to calm herself down. While the loss of her homeworld cut more deeply than any blade, she couldn't let that distract her. If nothing else, I can wish the planet back with the dragonballs. If Earth's were unavailable, then Namek's would have to do. Luckily, Tasure had an in over there, and - she assumed - a personal, vested interest in seeing her homeworld restored.

That was a thing to deal with another time.

She returned to the group and started pacing back and forth. She needed to speak with Parsley right now.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Police Commissioner Mourn arrives, Dash steps back and walks slowly over to where Kai is standing. Speaking quietly to him, "Kai, Ah don't suppose you've heard from Cyanna, have you? Ah haven't seen or heard from her in nearly a year an, well, ah just wondered."
    Praxat walks over to where Dash and Kai are standing." Hey Kai, can I ask you something? I'm a little worried about Althena and Meagan, Has Eva contacted them?" Praxat whispered.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat walks over to where Dash and Kai are standing." Hey Kai, can I ask you something? I'm a little worried about Althena and Meagan, Has Eva contacted them?" Praxat whispered.
    Hearing Praxat's voice, Dash couldn't help by sigh a little. "So much for a private conversation with Kai," she thought to herself before responding to Praxat's question with near infinite patience. "Prax, The Guardians should be okay. Meagan is fine an she's keeping a eye on them through that Network of hers, that includes Althena. Best to focus on the upcoming trip, ah'll be with you shortly."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The Grand Maven was the one calling the shots. Meaning she was their primary target. "Then this Grand Maven is the one who needs to die above all others." She opened the doorway to Vaikuntha. "I need to learn all I can about her, and also retrieve Inanna. I'll be right back." She stepped inside and closed the doorway behind her.

Auroc was busy healing and gaining strength. Each moment they wasted was another moment Auroc had to get stronger. She by herself was well above his previous level of strength when he humiliated her and Sarada with ease. If they were to fight right that moment, the tables would be reversed and the outcome the exact opposite. She knew that, and she knew that he did as well. Inanna's power put the fear of GoD in his heart. A so-called "god" couldn't stand to be humbled in front of his servants. If they were too late and allowed him to restore himself, he would fight them with everything he had at his disposal.

The same mistake would not be made twice.

She took flight and landed where the Threshling Knights they saved from his foul influence were congregated. "Your former master is healing and gaining strength. The Grand Maven is now in charge, I'm told. Arm yourselves and come with me so you can fight to save your planet."
    In total, the Threshlings arrayed before her are as follows:

Sir Nei K’lot, Lord of the Golden Knights and High Commander of the Queensguard
    Lady Captain Siew, Golden Knight and Master of the Archer Corp
    Sir Noomh Teba Zile, Lord of the Silver Knights and Royal Honorguard
    Sir Attol Lop, Silver Knight of the Spear
    Sir Nomis, Silver Knight
    Sir Luop Nosrenda, Bronze Knight

There are three other Silver Knights, four other Bronze Knights, and four priestesses that have yet to be named.

Anula, the Priestess, is there alongside two Noble Threshlings as well.

A mighty group indeed.

Nei nods, and gestures to the group.

“We are ready.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

He nods.

“I tried contacting her but she is unable to be reached, though I do sense she is well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    After the wonderful meal prepared by Bekon had finished, mostly by the children--dear gods could they eat--Voyavoda bid Totoma and Bekon farewell, launching himself into the air and reached out with his senses to find the lookout. It didn't take long, as there was a distinct collection of impressively high powers a fair distance away. Most of them higher than his own by an impressive margin.

...he briefly reconsidered involving himself in this, as he was unsure how useful he'd be, yet that doubt passed quickly. He hadn't been lying when he felt... responsible, in a fashion, for all this Threshling nonsense, from Jagam onwards. Steeling his will, he flew towards the lookout at a measured pace--not too fast, not too slow.

Soon enough, he had reached his destination, and he dropped from the sky onto the lookout's surface, landing gingerly. Glancing around, he saw that quite an eclectic group had been gathered... presumably Totoma's allies, the... M-fighters, as he'd called them. Totoma had directed him to find an Eva, and so he would.

He cleared his throat. "Pardon my intrusion, but might I speak to Evangeline, the guardian of this world? Totoma sent me this way, to help with this... threshling matter, but he neglected to describe her to me, focused on inhaling as many roasts as possible as he was." His appetite had seemed dulled compared to what Voyavoda remember, but by the standards of most races, it was still... impressive, to say the least.
    Eva nods.

“I am Guardian of this world. You are here to assist us?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He nods.

“I tried contacting her but she is unable to be reached, though I do sense she is well.”
    With a slight smile of relief, "Cya did say she was determined to become nearly as good a mage as her role model, Etrina, anyway possible. Guess she musta found herself a teacher somewhere. Probably an eccentric one if she's offline." With a nod to Kai, "Thanks for the info."

Hearing Praxat's voice, Dash couldn't help by sigh a little. "So much for a private conversation with Kai," she thought to herself before responding to Praxat's question with near infinite patience. "Prax, The Guardians should be okay. Meagan is fine an she's keeping a eye on them through that Network of hers, that includes Althena. Best to focus on the upcoming trip, ah'll be with you shortly."
    He nods.

With a slight smile of relief, "Cya did say she was determined to become nearly as good a mage as her role model, Etrina, anyway possible. Guess she musta found herself a teacher somewhere. Probably an eccentric one if she's offline." With a nod to Kai, "Thanks for the info."
    "I'll do that, and it's good to know that Cyanna is well, Praxat said." Praxat then searches through her coat pockets. ( Okay, to focus for this upcoming trip. I need to check if I have my tools on me, they might still be at my lab) Praxat thought.

After searching through her coat pockets. Praxat pulls out two capsules. One mark cleaning tools and the other mark engineering tools. ( Good looks like I have my tools on me,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Eva nods.

“I am Guardian of this world. You are here to assist us?”
    Voyavoda nodded. "Yes, if you will have me. Allow me to introduce myself... I am Voyavoda, the commanding officer--pardon, former commanding officer--of the now-disbanded Riskbreakers, and a friend of Bekon, Tasure, and Totoma. I happened to be visiting the former when the latter returned home and... informed me about what has been happening, as of late. Seeing as he is incapable of fighting at the moment and I cannot overlook the threat these... Threshlings pose to the wider galaxy, I made the decision to offer my services."

"Given the group assembled here, I am... unsure how useful I will be as a frontline fighter, but I could perhaps make myself useful in other ways."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voyavoda nodded. "Yes, if you will have me. Allow me to introduce myself... I am Voyavoda, the commanding officer--pardon, former commanding officer--of the now-disbanded Riskbreakers, and a friend of Bekon, Tasure, and Totoma. I happened to be visiting the former when the latter returned home and... informed me about what has been happening, as of late. Seeing as he is incapable of fighting at the moment and I cannot overlook the threat these... Threshlings pose to the wider galaxy, I made the decision to offer my services."

"Given the group assembled here, I am... unsure how useful I will be as a frontline fighter, but I could perhaps make myself useful in other ways."
    Eva nods.

“Then you shall join us. All help is appreciated.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

In total, the Threshlings arrayed before her are as follows:

Sir Nei K’lot, Lord of the Golden Knights and High Commander of the Queensguard
    Lady Captain Siew, Golden Knight and Master of the Archer Corp
    Sir Noomh Teba Zile, Lord of the Silver Knights and Royal Honorguard
    Sir Attol Lop, Silver Knight of the Spear
    Sir Nomis, Silver Knight
    Sir Luop Nosrenda, Bronze Knight

There are three other Silver Knights, four other Bronze Knights, and four priestesses that have yet to be named.

Anula, the Priestess, is there alongside two Noble Threshlings as well.

A mighty group indeed.

Nei nods, and gestures to the group.

“We are ready.”
    Parsley took in the knights and mage assembled before her. An impressive group, traitors to the so-called god of victory and light and pending saviors of the Threshling race. Along with their Princess, they would, without doubt, attract much of the attention when the battle on Reshlan began.

"Excellent. We'll be leaving shortly. If there is a chance your fellows on Reshlan can't be freed from Auroc's control, I trust you all will do what is necessary."

With that said, she turned on her heels and opened the doorway back to the Lookout. Stepping to the side so they could exit, she tried contacting Inanna.

"We're leaving for Reshlan soon. Eva received a vision that prompted her to move our timetable up."

Whether she left with them or not was neither here nor there, so long as she knew where they were. She took her leave as well, closing the doorway behind her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

After talking with Kai, Dash noticed the new arrival and overheard a little of what was said, "Ah'm a little surprised Totoma hasn't bounced back," she spoke as she approached them, "though he did overdo it. He'll be okay, right?"