Page 107 of 371 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5560

After finishing his training with Pinach and seeing him off in his... own way, Rousong left the lookout and began heading towards his old home... or, well, this world's version of his old home. On the way he passed... Voyavoda? How curious. But, no matter, that old man was irrelevant.

Coming to a stop above Capital City, Rousong surveyed the sprawling metropolis. And, soon enough, he caught sight of this world's version of the house he used to live in. He could sense a power very much like that of his father coming from within...

For a brief moment, he considered... investigating the house, but decided against it. Instead, he descended to and landed in a park near his house. This park was... one he had his version of Karine had played in as kids, so... so very long ago. Truthfully, he barely remembered the girl, but his knowledge of his counterpart's life and being here had jogged his memory.

Before his eyes, two ghostly figures ran by, and an equally ghostly laughter reached his ears. The two figures--a young saiyan and a young nosferatu girl--chased each other and played all over the playground, carefree and happy. And for a brief moment, it tugged at his heartstrings.

These were mere shades--imprints picked up by his psychic abilities. Merely the result of strong emotions leaving residues in an area...

...his strong emotions, in a way.

Foolish sentimentality. He closed off his psychic senses and the two ghostly children faded from his sight.

Sighing, he turned and found something quite surprising--himself. And this was no mere shade, but his counterpart, who had seemingly snuck up on him while he was distracted by those psychic imprints.

"Heh, thought I sensed you. Training with Pinach done already?"

Rousong snorted. "Of course. He met and then exceeded my expectations. The boy ascended and is, in fact, stronger than you at your zenith, ignoring that... Super Hitozaru you attempted."

Totoma smiled and pumped his fist. "Really? Hell yeah, I knew he could do it! Hey, thanks... I feel really bad about not being able to train him. Heck, I feel really bad about not being able to do anything right now. I did send Voyavoda to help--at his request--but it just feels... wrong to sit on my ass like this." He walked over to the swingset and sat down, lazily swinging back and forth.

"Well then, perhaps you should have thought twice before attempting what you did... even if it is impressive that you pulled it off at all," said Rousong." But then, I would expect nothing less from myself."

The Saiyan Emperor leaned against the frame of the swingset, crossing his arms. "But, sorry to say, you wouldn't be much use anyway. Daroga and Letchee, let alone Tundra, are so far beyond you that you'd be a burden... as are the threshlings. You're not needed, just sit back and let the people who actually hold some modicrum of real strength handle things."

Rousong caught a slight, but still noticeable wince from his counterpart. He knew his words cut deep, but it annoyed him that this version of himself was so... lazy and unmotivated.

"I know, I... I just... wish I could do something. Anything." Totoma stopped swinging and visibly slumped.

Rousong regarded his counterpart for a moment. His desire to help--to do something--was genuine. He might have been lazy, yes, but... his heart was in the right place. In a lot of ways, he was almost the opposite of himself. While he was driven to excel, he had long ago drifted off the narrow path, while this one... was nowhere near as driven, yet had a purity that the Emperor had long ago lost.

"...very well. I shall give you the chance to do something," said Rousong, pushing himself off the swingset. He walked a few feet away, then turned to face a slightly confused Totoma.

"Eh, what do you m--"

Totoma was cut off by Rousong spreading his arms and yelling...

"CHANGE... NOW!!!"

The playground was bathed in yellow light...
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 06-05-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

What in the hell was going on!? Rousong had just yelled "CHANGE NOW" and... attacked him?

Once the yellow glare cleared from his eyes, Totoma...

Wait, why was he standing? Were his combat instincts so honed that he just reacted without thinking? No, that was impossible.

Also, why was Rousong on the swing now. And wearing his clothes.

Totoma looked himself over. He... he was dressed... no..

What the hell!? He was Rousong! And Rousong was...

"Took you long enough," said the 'Totoma' sitting on the swing. "Little thing I... learned... from Letchee. Swaps bodies. Mostly not useful because, let's face it, I'm perfect as I am already, but this should give you the chance to, as you say, 'do something'. And give me the chance to try and fix up your ki a bit more. Win-win, provided you don't do something stupid and get my body killed."

Huh, so they had swapped bodies. Weird, but... neat. What was even neater is that this body and its ki felt... immense. Absolutely immense. Lots of it seemed to be locked away, for some reason, but even just the ki he felt confident he could access was leagues beyond even the Super Hitozaru. What sort of crazy training and fights had this other him gone through!?

...it also sparked a realization in him. A realization of the heights that he could achieve if he'd just apply himself. Jeez, he'd really been slacking...

"Threshlings or Tundra. Choose one and use my body to fight," said Rousong-in-his-body, standing up. "I would suggest the latter. Don't get me wrong, Sarada has become incredibly powerful, and I wouldn't be so foolish as to discount her ability to eke out a win... but doing so might require her to sacrifice... everything."

Sarada was going to go fight that Tundra guy? And Rousong had just sort of implied that she was going to do it alone. Kinda weird that Parsley wasn't going to fight alongside her, but... maybe she'd decided to go after the Threshlings? Made sense, both were threats, but it definitely made him uneasy for Sarada to have no backup whatsoever.

"Alright, I... uh, think I'll go back Sarada up," said Totoma. "But why do this?"

"Why? Hmph, I have my own reasons. Fixing your ki, primarily, but also perhaps to whet your appetite for power. Show you what you could achieve if you were to actually apply yourself."

Totoma felt there were other reasons, but it was just a hunch. "...right, uh, well, feel free to hang out with my family while I'm away. Actually, I insist on it... Evangeline and Chazuke need their pa to read them to sleep."

He was met with a blank expression. "Evangeline and Chazuke? Who are they?"

"Uh, my kids? Evangeline's named after the guardian of earth and Chaz is named after Mr. Ochazuke."

"..."

"...I have no idea who that is, but... fine, whatever, I'll... read to them or whatever."

Totoma gave his other a thumbs up. "Great! Oh, and..." He got really close to Rousong.

"...hands off Karine or it'll be hands off for you." The tone was deadly serious and, while he would never admit this, actually intimidated Rousong... a little.

"Very well."

"Awesome," said Totoma, taking to the air. "Also, no candy for the kids unless you want them to be bouncing off the walls for half the n--"

"JUST GO, YOU EXASPERATING IDIOT."

Totoma chuckled, 'his' aura bursting into existence as he burst into Super Saiyan, and... he rocketed away at a speed far too fast for him to control at first, slamming into a mountain in the distance, kicking up a huge debris cloud. After recovering, his aura flared again and he shot off over the horizon, heading for the lookout.

The Emperor stared in disbelief. "..by the triumvirate, I just lent my body to that guy." He paused. "...it would appear that I am also an idiot." And with that he set off towards "his" temporary home.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 06-05-2020 at 07:46 PM.

With the absurd (by his standards) speed of Rousong's body, Totoma reached the lookout in record time. So record, in fact, that he overshot it by a fair margin, having to turn around and, revert, and slow down in order to land properly. And since he was here to offer to help Sarada with her freezy pop problem, he landed near her, his aura dispersing as he dropped to the lookout.

He briefly thought about messing with her and acting like Rousong, but... uh, probably best to keep this serious. A wide grin on his face, he approached Sarada and wave. "Yo, heard you were about to head off to fight the boss of that dragon-guy. Real big-time villain, and who better to back you up against a villain like that than..."

He struck a pose. "THE!"

Totoma shifted into another pose, this one an inverted form of his first. "JUST!

And finally, he shifted into the final pose...

"SAIYAAAAAAAN!"

Yeah, nailed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles away, just before he entered his old home, a desire to beat his counterpart to a pulp overcome Rousong for a moment, but he shrugged it off as lingering annoyance at the dingbat slamming his body into a mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 06-05-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh, you promised a raise, but here you are to bail us out," Ulysses chuckled, "The drinks are on me. Besides, the cook said he made some inroads with the natives and they gave him a handful of the local harvest."

"They don't have much, but they're a hardy lot," Zaofan said, "all the same, they don't exactly have a voice here."

Ochazuke cracked his knuckles, and noticed Held observing the deposed Silver Knight.

"There's energies in the walls. From the bloody gutters of the battlefield below, feeding into the pinnacle before us."

The room they they stood in was steeped in the grisly produce, at this level and elevation the raw yet despite that, the sacrificial magic was given willingly. It was drawn from a collective mass cowed from those converted with The Gift, sculpted from their previous lives into faceless Threshling serfdom.
    "Oppression...Fun." Held replied to Zaofan as he explained the plight of the downtrodden. He could sense the annoyance welling up within in sympathy. "So this is Auroc's grace? His big plan for the Universe? Good grief, no wonder Nevalinna and Luop felt unease..."

Say what you will about the Saiyans, but even at the height of their barbarism, they never thought to actually enslave a person on this level...Mind, body, and soul are all conquered entirely.

"You can see it too, can't you? It resonates with the very structure of this place, carried along the prayers of that dull-eyed throng of faithful massed in the upper terrace behind us. Their devotion is power, a font of belief coursing towards their descending gods." Ochazuke said. "I have no doubt that the Priestess, she called upon them to pray, stoking their faith for some sinister purpose."

The hissing residue Ochazuke had blasted to ashes, it too had carried the signature. They'd seen it like once before, though to a far greater degree and intensity when it had approached Earth those many years ago.

"We need to hurry."
    Held nodded in agreement, his magically attuned senses helping to illustrate the point that Ochazuke was making. Despite his succinct eloquence, there were some things that mere words would fail to instill. But even then, Ochazuke had managed to get to the root of the situation.

For Auroc...Belief is power....We don't even know how many planets he's taken over, only that he's on his way....I hope we didn't waste too much time preparing.

"Well, let's get to it, eh?" Held replied with a weak smile as he steeled himself for the task ahead.

Chik-chik-chik-chik. The four points upon the Herald's hand paused, the sharp clicks echoing in the hollow expanse of the great hall.

"A-ahhh. So even Canin fell," As Blacktongue bowed his head, a silhouette beneath his helmet could be seen, and with it a portion of his true fac, bearing a thin-lipped smile. "Impressive. Most impressive. Burnished Silver is hardly the pinnacle, yes, but you are indeed formidable to quell the Severing Sword."

The Herald of Auroc stepped forth, the radiance beneath his helm suddenly burning with a frightening intensity. It was a power they had not experienced since that day Auroc had split faithful Anula's visage from lip to crown, carrying his conveyance upon that dreaded eye and with it the power of his command.

"At a glance, I took you for Outworlders. There are some keen ones among such lowly stock, but you of Nevadia, that is a rare talent. To survey us rather than have our mission find you is a rarity."

Ulysses felt it first, the Guild Navigator suddenly prostrating even as his body racked with pain. The rest felt it too, pulsing from the walls of the Pinnacle, falling upon the group as a subliminal pressure that struck at their very spirits. The M Fighters, they'd grown hardier since that day, and there could be no question that those gathered here would stand steadfast against this enemy. Even so, to stand in the presence of this Herald was to remember the same powerlessness.

"But, you misunderstand. Accepting the Faith, this was the better fate," the Herald mused. "Nevadia has a Federation, you say? How fortunate that there are more, yours will make excellent convert stock."
    The eye of the Nevadian twitched noticeably in response. It would have been difficult to ascertain the cause of it: The memory of the humbling experience of this power once before, the all but veiled threat to enslave his people to the same damnation that no doubt had befallen countless others...

"Hold on, Captain." The Nevadian said, turning his gaze towards Ulysses broken down form, unable to resist the power of subjugation. Held felt sympathy for the man, obviously a proud professional. Having had his own will robbed before, he felt compelled to offer some consolation. "Just think of this as a hazing ritual. We all had to deal with this at one point or another."

They truly have weaponized belief....I knew Auroc could do it himself, but I never gave much thought to if his underlings could...I guess one could consider this the 'message' a Herald is charged with..

Blacktongue steepled his fingers, the metal on metal of his gauntlets shearing, piercing their senses with an elevated intensity. What should happen if they let their guard down even for a moment?

"Steel bends before the flesh that forges it. The flesh makes way for the path the mind beckons," Lord Blacktongue continued, "Without Auroc's vision, this planetary fief would be no more than baked mud and stone in the undergrowth. You might say We gave them a taste of real civilization. All We have done is affirm to them the divinity they had already grown accustomed to. the difference is Our Lord Auroc is truthful in what he shall deliver."
    Held was silent, almost dumbfounded. Not at the absolute arrogance radiating from the Herald, growing deeper in its boisterousness and fevor with every syllable uttered from its mouth.

"....You really believe what you're saying." Held muttered to himself, the realization dawning upon him, "I thought it was a geass like Anula, or a part of the job, but you...can't fake that level of enthusiasm."

Well...I don't know what words I could say to even get through to a guy like this. He's not a prisoner like the others, he's an absolute believer with every bit of him.

The power from the Threshling was sourced from the same collective font that powered the obsidian ziggurat, but examining the matter at a deeper level, there was an important difference. Somehow Blacktongue's innate energy was entirely different from the Silver Knight's. The knight, he'd drew his power from that dark substance bequeathed to him, an innate quality that he'd used to augment a foundation of magically blessed weapons. It was what granted him a magnitude of power beyond the like they'd experienced with Luop.

"Refuse elevation...then you shall be reaped and discarded with the Withers."

In an instant they felt it fall upon them, a field of decay washing from the Herald and siphoning their very ki through the structures in the room, the bright tone of his words masked a killing intent that shaped itself as it rendered upon the walls. They'd walked into the trap.

Walked in, knowingly, of such a thing of ill intent.

Knowing that bartering in bad faith was, in every sense of the word, simply impure.
    Finally, they got to the point of the matter.

Held saw no need to speak to the Herald further. It was clear that words were useless between the two sides. Auroc wished for only one thing, conquest. Anything that was not towards that end, was as useless as a house of ice beneath the desert sun. What Auroc wished for, his Herald wished for.

Speaking to middle management would accomplish nothing.

"I'll take this, guys." Held replied, turning his head to his fellow warriors as he stepped forth, absently twirling his spear in hand as he approached his opponent, "You've all had a rough time on my account; The least I can do is let you all catch some R&R."

They're all exhausted to begin with, and this Ki trap....I better wrap this up.

The Nevadian crouched low, the shaft of the spear slightly behind him, as the tip pointed to his foe.

The Nevadian lunged forth in the moment between blinks, closing range with Blacktongue.

It was time to bring negotiations to a close.

Here's to more paperwork....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mourn oooks around, eyeballing the odd group, Durive on his shoulder. He turns to Eva.

“This everyone than? The Coldlight and the other ships are waiting, and I was under the impression Time is of the essence.”

Eva looks around.

“Is everyone ready?”
    " One moment," Praxat said. Praxat puts her capsules back in her right coat pocket, then takes off her boots and takes out what appears to be a bandage tape from her right pants pocket. She wraps her feet in bandages, exposing only her razor-sharp claws." Okay, ready," Praxat said as she puts the bandage tape back in her right pants pocket.

Praxat ponders to herself. ( Hmm, the intense training I had with Dash in the RoSaT allowed me to gain better control over my Bio-Electromagnetism. Hmm, With the incomplete tech, I should be able to use 60% elastic energy, ) Praxat thought.

( I remember the first time I attempt to use 60% elastic energy efficiently with my right arm during my training with Dash in the Rosat. The sheer pressure exerted by the elastic energy output. Nearly shattered my right arm the first time I attempt it. The force was much greater than anything I ever put out,) Praxat thought.

( I seriously thought at the time that my body was going to shatter from the sheer pressure exerted by the elastic energy output. During our breaks in the Rosat Dash and I talk about martial arts. I told Dash about Aome's three schools of thought. Which are The Way of Inflation, The Way of Compression, and the Way of Sparking,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hilarious, considering there isn't anything a spell can't do, better I might add.....including punching someone." There was a pause. ".....What, I'm not joking. Mordakai's Magical Suckerpunch...it.....oh nevermind......and stop calling me a nerd, ya damn musclehead queen."

At the mention of Parsley, Etrina tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Not bad....Blood Magic now? Should pull out some interesting results. Who knows....perhaps she'll be a proper Saiyan Mage.....You'll have to start thinking about what your'll call a Saiyan Mage too....oh wait." Etrina smirked. "A Saiyan Nerd?..........but don't"
    "You're damn right she's a nerd," she laughed. "She reads books. As a hobby. Her bedroom is full of bookshelves with nothing but books." Sarada shook her head sadly. "She's always been a nerd. Adding magic did nothing but extenuate that." She supposed it also made her sister a more formidable opponent that very few people would be able to beat in combat, but that was a secondary point.

"....Givin all the ways Hakai seems to have been traded around in the past.....we can only speculate." Etrina mused. "Hopefully she has a better time of it then Ishtar had...."

".......sounds like she takes after Inanna for the moment.....Don't worry, I'm sure the Sarada side of the family will kick in soon enough and she'll be tearing your palace to pieces...." A chuckle escapes her and she casually pats the saiyan on the back. "You'll have my sympathy when the time comes."
    Sarada recalled, just briefly, back to when her brother and cousin were toddlers and how rambunctious they were. Maiz had a tough time corralling them, and said the same about her and Parsley. A cold chill ran down her spine at the very thought of trying to contain a rowdy two year old as strong as hers could have been.

Then she remembered that she wouldn't be the own keeping watch over it for most of the day. By the time Sarada was done with her daily duties, the little nuisance would probably be exhausted from running around all day. The care nurse system was a heaven sent blessing and there would never come a day when she even considered abolishing it. If idiots like Parsley and Avoca wanted to raise their snotty progeny, that was them. Sarada had neither the time nor the patience for it.

"Eh, I have a nurse who will watch her for me while I work. By the time I get her in the evening, she'll probably be too tired to raise a fuss."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    With the absurd (by his standards) speed of Rousong's body, Totoma reached the lookout in record time. So record, in fact, that he overshot it by a fair margin, having to turn around and, revert, and slow down in order to land properly. And since he was here to offer to help Sarada with her freezy pop problem, he landed near her, his aura dispersing as he dropped to the lookout.

*snip*

He briefly thought about messing with her and acting like Rousong, but... uh, probably best to keep this serious. A wide grin on his face, he approached Sarada and wave. "Yo, heard you were about to head off to fight the boss of that dragon-guy. Real big-time villain, and who better to back you up against a villain like that than..."

He struck a pose. "THE!"

Totoma shifted into another pose, this one an inverted form of his first. "JUST!

*snip*

"SAIYAAAAAAAN!"

Yeah, nailed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles away, just before he entered his old home, a desire to beat his counterpart to a pulp overcome Rousong for a moment, but he shrugged it off as lingering annoyance at the dingbat slamming his body into a mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    It...

Sarada would have sworn the man who stood before her was none other than the Saiyan Emperor of that alternate timeline, E Bekon. He not only dressed like him, but had an extraordinarily high power that outstripped anything Totoma had been capable of. She couldn't help but wonder why he was there and how he had managed to get there. If she understood it correctly - and it was possible she didn't - the alternate timelines had all been sealed away when they absorbed all the latent temporal energy in their bid to save Zurvan.

Hm.

If he was in their timeline, then that must have meant that traveling between dimensions was still possible! There were a lot that she didn't get to visit, and she could still train with Alt-Balon like she intended, but never got around to!

That, alas, would have to wait until after she defeated Tundra and restored peace and order to her Empire. As soon as that was done and some time passed, she would take a vacation to that particular timeline. Maybe for a few days or a week. As far as she knew, not much time would pass in her home timeline; then again, she really didn't understand this stuff all that well.

She assumed it was E Bekon, yet when he opened his mouth, "What the hell?" He looked like the Emperor and dressed like him, but spoke and acted just like that goofball she had known for years.

She pointed a stern finger at him. "Explain."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It...

Sarada would have sworn the man who stood before her was none other than the Saiyan Emperor of that alternate timeline, E Bekon. He not only dressed like him, but had an extraordinarily high power that outstripped anything Totoma had been capable of. She couldn't help but wonder why he was there and how he had managed to get there. If she understood it correctly - and it was possible she didn't - the alternate timelines had all been sealed away when they absorbed all the latent temporal energy in their bid to save Zurvan.

Hm.

If he was in their timeline, then that must have meant that traveling between dimensions was still possible! There were a lot that she didn't get to visit, and she could still train with Alt-Balon like she intended, but never got around to!

That, alas, would have to wait until after she defeated Tundra and restored peace and order to her Empire. As soon as that was done and some time passed, she would take a vacation to that particular timeline. Maybe for a few days or a week. As far as she knew, not much time would pass in her home timeline; then again, she really didn't understand this stuff all that well.

She assumed it was E Bekon, yet when he opened his mouth, "What the hell?" He looked like the Emperor and dressed like him, but spoke and acted just like that goofball she had known for years.

She pointed a stern finger at him. "Explain."
    Unsurprisingly, Sarada was confused. Hehe, whoops.

"Alright, ah... you know that other me you fought a few years ago, in that alternate timeline... E Bekon. Or Rousong as he's calling himself. Well, he somehow ended up in this time due to..." Totoma paused and cocked his head. "...oh, huh. I guess it might've been after I fought cheese-jagam? I ended up on..."

Crap, he was getting distracted with stuff that didn't matter. "Anyway, uh, he ended up here and after I... borked my ki up by going Super Hitozaru--yeah, that's right, I totally pulled off using Super Saiyan and Hitozaru at the same time!--he did something to me to put my ki into a healing... mode or whatever, and then he trained Pinach in that Room of Spirit and Time."

He grinned. "Say... did Pinach show you? He's a super saiyan now. Awesome, right?" He couldn't wait to see Pinach's super saiyan form... and fight against it!

"Anyway, while they were doing that, I went back home to rest, had dinner, and sometime later, after they were done training, I sensed him nearby. He was at... uh, a park where I used to play with Karine, zoning out. We talked a bit, and then he yelled 'CHANGE NOW!' and a beam of light or... something switched our minds... souls? One or both of those. Said he wanted to work on my ki from the inside and let me, uh... well, do something other than sit on my ass. Had a choice between helping with the threshlings or Tundra and he suggested Tundra, so here I am!"

Totoma's jovial expression became uncharacteristically serious. "Now, I know you'd probably prefer to take on this Tundra alone--Saiyan pride and all that, and it's you, so winning even if Tundra's ends up being stronger isn't impossible." Pulling off unlikely victories was something everyone in the M Fighters had a knack for, but Sarada's stubborness probably gave her an edge in that. "But I... dunno, just have a bad feeling, you going off to face him on your own."

He shuffled a bit. "...and I'll be honest, I've got a selfish reason. I... if I'd taken my training more seriously... been stronger, then maybe I could have beaten Tundra's lackies, instead of having to retreat, leaving the people of Ruco to die." Always the same story... he got complacent and then came up wanting.

Though, he had noticed that ever since that... mindfix Eva had performed on him, while he'd been more focused as a fighter, he seemed to lack the... passion and drive that he had shown signs up before? And while his power was more... controlled, he'd found that he couldn't really 'spike' as high as before the mindfix.

It was worth considering the possibility that simply asking god to fix his problems had... dampened his ability to live up to his potential. But it didn't really matter now--he'd figure that out when the time came.

"So, I'm coming with you, and I'm going to help you make sure Tundra's... put on ice." Hah, puns.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Oppression...Fun." Held replied to Zaofan as he explained the plight of the downtrodden. He could sense the annoyance welling up within in sympathy. "So this is Auroc's grace? His big plan for the Universe? Good grief, no wonder Nevalinna and Luop felt unease..."

Say what you will about the Saiyans, but even at the height of their barbarism, they never thought to actually enslave a person on this level...Mind, body, and soul are all conquered entirely.

Held nodded in agreement, his magically attuned senses helping to illustrate the point that Ochazuke was making. Despite his succinct eloquence, there were some things that mere words would fail to instill. But even then, Ochazuke had managed to get to the root of the situation.

For Auroc...Belief is power....We don't even know how many planets he's taken over, only that he's on his way....I hope we didn't waste too much time preparing.

"Well, let's get to it, eh?" Held replied with a weak smile as he steeled himself for the task ahead.

The eye of the Nevadian twitched noticeably in response. It would have been difficult to ascertain the cause of it: The memory of the humbling experience of this power once before, the all but veiled threat to enslave his people to the same damnation that no doubt had befallen countless others...

"Hold on, Captain." The Nevadian said, turning his gaze towards Ulysses broken down form, unable to resist the power of subjugation. Held felt sympathy for the man, obviously a proud professional. Having had his own will robbed before, he felt compelled to offer some consolation. "Just think of this as a hazing ritual. We all had to deal with this at one point or another."

They truly have weaponized belief....I knew Auroc could do it himself, but I never gave much thought to if his underlings could...I guess one could consider this the 'message' a Herald is charged with..

Held was silent, almost dumbfounded. Not at the absolute arrogance radiating from the Herald, growing deeper in its boisterousness and fevor with every syllable uttered from its mouth.

"....You really believe what you're saying." Held muttered to himself, the realization dawning upon him, "I thought it was a geass like Anula, or a part of the job, but you...can't fake that level of enthusiasm."

Well...I don't know what words I could say to even get through to a guy like this. He's not a prisoner like the others, he's an absolute believer with every bit of him.

Finally, they got to the point of the matter.

Held saw no need to speak to the Herald further. It was clear that words were useless between the two sides. Auroc wished for only one thing, conquest. Anything that was not towards that end, was as useless as a house of ice beneath the desert sun. What Auroc wished for, his Herald wished for.

Speaking to middle management would accomplish nothing.

"I'll take this, guys." Held replied, turning his head to his fellow warriors as he stepped forth, absently twirling his spear in hand as he approached his opponent, "You've all had a rough time on my account; The least I can do is let you all catch some R&R."

They're all exhausted to begin with, and this Ki trap....I better wrap this up.

The Nevadian crouched low, the shaft of the spear slightly behind him, as the tip pointed to his foe.

The Nevadian lunged forth in the moment between blinks, closing range with Blacktongue.

It was time to bring negotiations to a close.

Here's to more paperwork....
    Blacktongue let his hands fall to his side, the fingers slowly curling inward in anticipation.

"So you can still move," he noted, his tone still departed and clinical. "Yes, Son of Nevadia, approach if you can."

Held's approach was swift, the Herald presenting his mark unguarded.

Almost.

"Your stubborn resolve will make an excellent addition to Our Devoted."

As the tip of the spear shot forward, the energy manifested of Blacktongue's Decay Field. Constructs like withered black thorns pushing upwards from the floor before the Herald rendered themselves into a barrier, thousands of lancing barbs poised to strike, intent on adding his living energy to the stores pulled out of the multitudes of the native population.

A strange sort of magic twisted out of the dominated wills of their worshipers. Such a concentration of power, it rippled through the space around them and seemed to tear at the very air.

Briefly, Held caught a glimpse of what lay behind the veil. It looked very much similar to the makeup of the room they moved from previously...?

"Consider this your final test, your paltry will against Ours!" Blacktongue threw his palm before him, and in an instant the thorns stretched out to a legion of spears before him. "In the end you will find the Universal Truth is on Our side!"

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

He struck a pose. "THE!"

"SAIYAAAAAAAN!"

Yeah, nailed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~
    It was not hard for Dash to notice Rousoung's return, especially when he arrived and did those silly Totoma poses. She gave him a questioning look, then shrugged her shoulders as he started to talk to Sarada. Turning away to look back over at Eva, she decided not to get involved. As curious as she was, she figured it might be none of her business. The last thing she wanted to do right now was ask rude questions of Saiyans.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It was hard for Praxat not to notice Rousoung's silly poses. However, she doesn't question him about the poses and decides it's best not to get involved with his talk with Sarada. As that was none of her business.

So Praxat turns her attention towards Commissioner Edan Mourn and walks towards him." Commissioner Mourn, may I ask for the schematics and the manual for one of the ships or at least copies of them. I would like to be of service," Praxat said as she takes out her cellphone, and pulls up a digital engineering handbook on it.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-07-2020 at 04:11 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    It was hard for Praxat not to notice Rousoung's silly poses. However, she doesn't question him about the poses and decides it's best not to get involved with his talk with Sarada. As that was none of her business.

So Praxat turns her attention towards Commissioner Edan Mourn and walks towards him." Commissioner Mourn, may I ask for the schematics and the manual for one of the ships or at least copies of them. I would like to be of service," Praxat said as she takes out her cellphone, and pulls up a digital engineering handbook on it.
    Looking over at Praxat's phone, which was more advanced than looking than most she had seen, Dash noticed that she pulled up an e-manual on it, "What'ca doin, Prax? What kinda book are you readin?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking over at Praxat's phone, which was more advanced than looking than most she had seen, Dash noticed that she pulled up an e-manual on it, "What'ca doin, Prax? What kinda book are you readin?"
    "It's a digital engineering handbook. Any engineer worth their salt should have a handbook on them. I own plenty of engineering handbooks, including lots of physical ones," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "It's a digital engineering handbook. Any engineer worth their salt should have a handbook on them. I own plenty of engineering handbooks, including lots of physical ones," Praxat said.
    Leaning over a bit to look at it, she then tilted her head towards Praxat, "Ah don't suppose you have, what they call, a dummies guide to space ship engineering, do ya?" Standing upright again, "Ah figgure ah might as well have a reference so as ah can follow what you're sayin when you start talking technical. Ah really should have paid more attention to Jinzi when he'd go off on one of his rambles 'bout whatever new do-hickey he was buildin at the time."

Parsley stepped out to the edge of the Lookout and looked down at the planet below. The clouds passing below made for a peaceful and calming ambience. If only there was something to drown out all the chatter.

She wasn't looking forward to being cooped up on the Coldlight with these people again.

When they were eventually allowed to board, she wanted to be where she could have a full view of Reshlan for the purpose of scouting the planet out before they breached the atmosphere. She knew already that there were magical wards in place to protect it from teleportation and portal spells, but she intended on determining whether those spells could be broken, and if there were other spells in places. If so, she was one of two people available who would be capable of undoing them.

It was her understanding that time was of the essence, so what was the hold up. They should have left already. She sighed and took out a capsule. If she was going to wait, she might as well have ate something in the meantime.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-07-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!