Page 109 of 371 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Just before Inanna and the others departed, Sarada contacted her mentally. "You look like shit. I already told Parsley this, but bring me back Auroc's crown or something when you kill him. Spoils of war and all that. I'll be gone before you get back, but I'll see you when I'm done. I promise."

With that said, she turned and walked over to the Lookout's edge. She sat down, feet dangling over the edge, and waited.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva hands a bag of five senzu beans over to Inanna, eyes still burning with a strange power.

“Good luck.”

Mourn’s sword glows with eldritch runes as he plunges it into the ground. A web of runes circles around the gathered group, leaving only Eva and her protectors out.

The runes flash and a bubble of blue energy surrounds the group, then it collapses and they are on the deck of a starship.

Mourn sheathes his blade and grins, looking at the gathered Threshlings.

“Coordinates?”

Nei K’lot nods and inputs them in, and Edan Mourn’s smile widens. He has his comm officer transmit the coordinates to all ships.

Surprisingly, to those looking, the fleet is actually thirteen ships. Twelve are Coldlight style state of the art ships, and one is a larger one (the one they are on now).

“Welcome to the Pale Star, my personal GP ship. She’s large, packs a punch, and is as fast as the Coldlight once she gets going. According to telemetry, it should take us only about a day, max, to hit the edge of Threshling space.”
    "We have a day. We should use this time to prepare," Parsley said to the others. She looked at the Threshling Knights they had with them. "If you could tell us what kind of forces we have waiting for us, that would be great."

Going in blind was tantamount to accepting defeat before the battle had even been fought. Sometimes it couldn't have been helped. Every time the opportunity to prepare ahead of time presented itself, it was imperative to do so. Failure to prepare was preparing to fail, after all.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley took one look at the... startling state Inanna found herself in. "What the hell happened to you?"
    Inanna shrugged. "Training."

Yea, that worked.

Eva hands a bag of five senzu beans over to Inanna, eyes still burning with a strange power.

“Good luck.”

Mourn’s sword glows with eldritch runes as he plunges it into the ground. A web of runes circles around the gathered group, leaving only Eva and her protectors out.

The runes flash and a bubble of blue energy surrounds the group, then it collapses and they are on the deck of a starship.

Mourn sheathes his blade and grins, looking at the gathered Threshlings.

“Coordinates?”

Nei K’lot nods and inputs them in, and Edan Mourn’s smile widens. He has his comm officer transmit the coordinates to all ships.

Surprisingly, to those looking, the fleet is actually thirteen ships. Twelve are Coldlight style state of the art ships, and one is a larger one (the one they are on now).

“Welcome to the Pale Star, my personal GP ship. She’s large, packs a punch, and is as fast as the Coldlight once she gets going. According to telemetry, it should take us only about a day, max, to hit the edge of Threshling space.”
    Inanna pockets the Senzu, and lets Mourn do his thing, but as she's introduced to the ship she can't help but blurt out:

"Feels like this is what I could've done... but with extra steps." Inanna commented dryly. "Fairly certain I've got friends currently doing all the legwork you just swooped in to steal credit for, at any rate."

Ah well. Devil was in the details; and an old bureaucrat was nothing more than a vulture with tenure.

Just before Inanna and the others departed, Sarada contacted her mentally. "You look like shit. I already told Parsley this, but bring me back Auroc's crown or something when you kill him. Spoils of war and all that. I'll be gone before you get back, but I'll see you when I'm done. I promise."

With that said, she turned and walked over to the Lookout's edge. She sat down, feet dangling over the edge, and waited.
    "Better than dead." Inanna retorted, "will be sure to bring you back his jock strap, or something, however~" Nothing like a good trophy to make one feel better after all.

"We have a day. We should use this time to prepare," Parsley said to the others. She looked at the Threshling Knights they had with them. "If you could tell us what kind of forces we have waiting for us, that would be great."

Going in blind was tantamount to accepting defeat before the battle had even been fought. Sometimes it couldn't have been helped. Every time the opportunity to prepare ahead of time presented itself, it was imperative to do so. Failure to prepare was preparing to fail, after all.
    "Might be worth fighting you to get the blood pumping again," Inanna commented with a glance at Parsley. "Good way to waste a day."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"A day, huh?" Dash spoke quietly to herself, "There is that tech Kai showed Prax an me to pass the time..." she then started thinking, "though ah think she'd be happier workin in the engine room." She then looked over at Parsley, "ah guess we got out team leader, best to hang around a bit to learn as much as ah can 'bout what's awaitin us."

She then leaned against a nearby seat, close enough to listen in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna pockets the Senzu, and lets Mourn do his thing, but as she's introduced to the ship she can't help but blurt out:

"Feels like this is what I could've done... but with extra steps." Inanna commented dryly. "Fairly certain I've got friends currently doing all the legwork you just swooped in to steal credit for, at any rate."

Ah well. Devil was in the details; and an old bureaucrat was nothing more than a vulture with tenure.
    While Parsley saw little reason to gripe about it at that point, Inanna was right. They already had a ride, but had to waste time waiting for the GP to arrive, then more time waiting. While a day wasn't too much of a wait, that was a day longer that Auroc had to gain more strength. He would only be that much stronger by the time they finally arrived at Reshlan. While the more practical side of her was seething, her Saiyan blood was pumping at the thought of getting to fight someone who proclaimed himself a god. She was embarrassed the last time. This time would be far different.

"She's right," she said with a sigh. "Auroc is getting stronger by the minute and we have to waste a day before we can do anything about it. The fact that we already had the means to the coordinates and what is likely a faster ship is moot at this point, I suppose." She shrugged. She decided not to touch the point about whether or not the GP was there to take credit or not. It didn't matter how they got there, so much as how quickly.

"Might be worth fighting you to get the blood pumping again," Inanna commented with a glance at Parsley. "Good way to waste a day."
    She smiled. "A day. I doubt you'd last a day against me, but I am always up to test my power against yours. I didn't get the chance to fight those Archons with Sarada, so I'm eager to measure myself against a known barometer."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She smiled. "A day. I doubt you'd last a day against me, but I am always up to test my power against yours. I didn't get the chance to fight those Archons with Sarada, so I'm eager to measure myself against a known barometer."
    "Just took down two Archon stronger than Criostalach," Inanna said half-truthfully to goad the Princess on. "Square up Saiya-thot."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 06-08-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Mourn grunts as the ships all start off.

“The Coldlight, her sisters, and the Palestar are the fastest ships in the galaxy. Any time wasted waiting for us, which was moments by the way, will be made up during the trip. My grand nephew Jinzi’s been a busy boy, and has upgraded the engines since your...last usage of the Coldlight.”

He looks at Parsley and Inanna.

“The GP’s been gathering it’s forces since we heard about the attacks. Our treaty says we defend each other, and that’s our intention. We have our strongest fighters, our best ships, and our most powerful tech here to help.”

He waves a hand.

“This will be a momentous occasion. Never has the GP been a proactive force, we’ve always been reactive. Hopefully this will prove that we can be more than a clean up force for good.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Just took down two Archon stronger than Criostalach," Inanna said half-truthfully to goad the Princess on. "Square up Saiya-thot."
    Thanks to her uncouth boar of a sister, Parsley knew what that term meant. Needless to say, she didn't appreciate the insinuation. "Oh, is that so? I don't recall you saying anything to Sarada or myself about these alleged Archons who are both 'stronger' that Criostalach. Clearly you're either exaggerating or you just selfishly hoarded them both for yourself." She shook her head in disgust and opened a doorway to Vaikuntha. "Regardless, I'm somewhat certain that I'm also close to the Crystal Archon in strength, if not her outright superior." She stepped through and waited.

"Let's see what a goddess can do."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“The Coldlight, her sisters, and the Palestar are the fastest ships in the galaxy. Any time wasted waiting for us, which was moments by the way, will be made up during the trip. My grand nephew Jinzi’s been a busy boy, and has upgraded the engines since your...last usage of the Coldlight.”

“The GP’s been gathering it’s forces since we heard about the attacks. Our treaty says we defend each other, and that’s our intention. We have our strongest fighters, our best ships, and our most powerful tech here to help.”

He waves a hand.

“This will be a momentous occasion. Never has the GP been a proactive force, we’ve always been reactive. Hopefully this will prove that we can be more than a clean up force for good.”
    "A militia with a chip on its shoulder," Inanna mused aloud. "I've seen that turn to shit more times than I can count on both hands~"

Not to mention the fact that Auroc, or the Maven, or whomever was currently in control; could simply just take the GP forces with a sufficiently placed possession spell. "Not to mention, you're literally giving Auroc more minions." The golden-eyed woman smirked, before shrugging. "Oh well, what's a few more corpses on the countless trillions I've seen~"

Arx Inosaan

He waves a hand.

"Oh," Dash hadn't realized til now, "so you're Jinzi's uncle." she took a moment to rummage through her memory to see if they ever met before, though she doubted it, then just gave him a slight, polite smile but said nothing more.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He waves a hand.

The last ideal a police force needed was proactivity. She wasn't one for debating politics and morals and all of that nonsense, but that seemed to be a road that led directly to a very bad future.

"Just make sure to keep your men off planet-side," she told him. "The last thing we need is you giving Auroc more loyal followers." A beat passed. "He can enslave people by vomiting on them. Once that happens, it's evidently a very time consuming process to break them free. Faceless drones wouldn't be worth the effort."

That was assuming it was even possible. From what she saw of those turned Saiyans, there wasn't any way to turn them back to how they were before Auroc got a hold of them. Even if there was, no Saiyan would want to keep living after having been forcibly subjugated in that way. She couldn't assume the GP were of the same mind, but that wouldn't be their choice to make.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Thanks to her uncouth boar of a sister, Parsley knew what that term meant. Needless to say, she didn't appreciate the insinuation. "Oh, is that so? I don't recall you saying anything to Sarada or myself about these alleged Archons who are both 'stronger' that Criostalach. Clearly you're either exaggerating or you just selfishly hoarded them both for yourself." She shook her head in disgust and opened a doorway to Vaikuntha. "Regardless, I'm somewhat certain that I'm also close to the Crystal Archon in strength, if not her outright superior." She stepped through and waited.

"Let's see what a goddess can do."
    "They were lost to the others, before I ruined their planet. They've only just returned." Inanna prodded just a bit more, "but there we go~" she cooed as Parsley slipped into Vaikuntha; following quickly after. "Now couple of ground rules." The golden-eyed woman said, with a grin.

"No ground rules."

Not bothering to wait for the Saiyan, Inanna reared back and decked her.

Arx Inosaan

"A militia with a chip on its shoulder," Inanna mused aloud. "I've seen that turn to shit more times than I can count on both hands~"

Not to mention the fact that Auroc, or the Maven, or whomever was currently in control; could simply just take the GP forces with a sufficiently placed possession spell. "Not to mention, you're literally giving Auroc more minions." The golden-eyed woman smirked, before shrugging. "Oh well, what's a few more corpses on the countless trillions I've seen~"
    Mourn’s smile turns vicious.

“Oh, we’re read the reports. Nasty business, Auroc’s ‘gift’. But, I find a few good heads can find a solution to most of life’s problems. A new GP ally, one half-Namekian named Shimmer, whom I believe you know, helped us track down a specialist in bizarre viral and magical diseases a bit back when we first heard about the ‘gift’. Hilda is quite the magical chemist it seems.”

Mourn taps a button and in walks Miras Thane, who grins at them while carrying a box.

“A gift. My people all already have them.”

Inside the box are simple metal bracelets with a single black stone set in the middle.

“Inhibitors. Once activated they create an electromagnetic and magical pulse that should repeal the ‘gift’. Not that I intend on my people encountering it, but still, better safe than sorry. My gift to you, though I warn they are prototypes and Hilda said the charge will only last ten minutes most likely.”

“I do admit I’m worried about the possession spells, but our ships are generally warded and only five of us GP officers are actually going to be leaving the ships. Myself, Blizzar, Miras, Ken Bolt, and Tanaki, and all are trained to resist such things.”

“And we don’t have a chip on our shoulder, we just want to try and do some good. At the end of the day, trying to make the universe a better place is the GP’s main goal.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh," Dash hadn't realized til now, "so you're Jinzi's uncle." she took a moment to rummage through her memory to see if they ever met before, though she doubted it, then just gave him a slight, polite smile but said nothing more.
    “Great Uncle, but yeah.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"They were lost to the others, before I ruined their planet. They've only just returned." Inanna prodded just a bit more, "but there we go~" she cooed as Parsley slipped into Vaikuntha; following quickly after. "Now couple of ground rules." The golden-eyed woman said, with a grin.

"No ground rules."

Not bothering to wait for the Saiyan, Inanna reared back and decked her.
    Parsley should have known she would try something like this. She sailed back, slightly and briefly stunned by the sudden sucker punch before righting herself again. "A cheap shot? Fine." She powered up and quickly closed the gap between the two of them. She knew that Inanna could absorb energy from the planet, but was unsure if that translated to energy fired at her from other people.

Only one way to find out.

She fired a pair of paltry blasts, then started charging more potent energy in her index finger.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!