Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1937
  1. #151
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Placing her hand on the door-nob, Dash channels just enough Ki into it to break the lock and open the door. As she does, she pushes the door open wide enough to look inside, but doesn't yet enter.

    More blood leads in, and most of the work benches and lab tables have been wrecked.

    Two more Threshlings lay dead.

    Laying against a computer bank, is Wilhelm. A strange rifle of some sort lay in his hands, his breathing harsh as he clumsily reloads a glowing green shell into the breach. Blood pools from his mouth and chest, one leg looks broken as well.

    Behind him and to the right, tucked away, is Karis’ still unopened pod.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #152
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Neva ... thank you." Inanna says, solemnly after seeing the aftermath of what she'd done.

    Kneeling down to offer what succor she may, she checked for the woman's pulse before saying softly. "If you're still alive, get your ass into Vaikuntha." Of course, Auroc was too stubborn to truly die; and had seemingly reverted into some manner of larval form. With several of his 'Priestesses' and a single Golden Knight arriving to recover his corpse.

    Something Inanna couldn't allow without a fight.

    Thankfully the Blood of an God, even an Impostor ... was quite powerful indeed.

    "Is that all Auroc could take ? A single punch," the golden-eyed woman said sneering. Fingers splayed and the blood from Auroc's former visage beginning to pool in the palm ... she drew upon the energy that had been used to corrupt countless millions and ... having a taste of it for herself, offered her own variation. "Let's see how absolute your devotion is, mm ?"

    OT: Inanna's using Aper's Riposte to echo the effect of Auroc's blood/vomit ... the see if she can corrupt the Gold Knight.


    The Knight hands the egg to the Priestesses, who begin chanting. He stands before Inanna and his blade gleams in the fading sunlight.

    Inanna thinks that maybe, maybe she can do what Auroc did. If she can get it on exposed flesh of the Knight.

    He draws his shining blade and salutes her.

    “Godkiller. Lord Auroc foresaw your potential to end him. Certain precautions were taken. It is an honor to see such strength.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #153
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    More blood leads in, and most of the work benches and lab tables have been wrecked.

    Two more Threshlings lay dead.

    Laying against a computer bank, is Wilhelm. A strange rifle of some sort lay in his hands, his breathing harsh as he clumsily reloads a glowing green shell into the breach. Blood pools from his mouth and chest, one leg looks broken as well.

    Behind him and to the right, tucked away, is Karisí still unopened pod.
    Calling inside before entering, "Hey, Willhelm, it's me, Dash. Ah've come to help an am comin in." with that, she enters the room, "What the blue-green blazes happen'd here?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #154
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The two teachers shake their heads no. The female teacher speaks up.

    ďThat...that man, Wilhelm, he got us inside before...before anything bad got to us. Please, is it safe to leave?Ē
    "It's safe for now, but you and the kids should leave as soon as you can," Came her reply, scanning the surrounding areas. While assuming Wilhelm killed off the Threshling at the door, her organic mind couldn't help but feel uneasy, like realizing the anticipation of a jumpscare in a horror movie. Whatever the threshlings sought out here, it was doubtful they would only send one or two that could be killed with blaster fire.

  5. #155
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Calling inside before entering, "Hey, Willhelm, it's me, Dash. Ah've come to help an am comin in." with that, she enters the room, "What the blue-green blazes happen'd here?"
    Wilhelm coughs up some blood.

    “Threshlings. Attacked.....hour ago. Cut...comms. Looking for something.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #156
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "It's safe for now, but you and the kids should leave as soon as you can," Came her reply, scanning the surrounding areas. While assuming Wilhelm killed off the Threshling at the door, her organic mind couldn't help but feel uneasy, like realizing the anticipation of a jumpscare in a horror movie. Whatever the threshlings sought out here, it was doubtful they would only send one or two that could be killed with blaster fire.
    The last secured door is easily breached, three more scientists and a dozen technicians let out. One tells her that they think the Threshlings were trying to get into the Geofront.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #157
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The figure pauses, then nods.

    ďYou have chosen, monkey. But donít worry. Iím not Sakin or Auroc. Iím....something different. At least I wonít eat Maiz.Ē

    The low voice, slightly mocking, is barely heard as a flash of Death Beams coming from nowhere cuts the knights and Prieat down. The figure raises up and catches the unconscious Guardian. It salutes Avoca, revealing a Frost Demon body underneath the cloak. It tinkers with an object around its neck, and then the Guardian and Frost Demon vanish in a winters swirl of ki chilled cold.
    The voice...

    That voice was unmistakably Arcosian. They all sounded the same or similar enough that most didn't bother trying to differentiate them. Before Avoca could question him, the Frost Demon disappeared, Maiz in tow, after killing the Threshling Knights and Priest. Their bodies hit the ground with lifeless thuds, but Avoca didn't bother giving them a passing glance. Her eyes were glued to the spot where the Icer had been floating with Maiz in tow just seconds before disappearing.

    There was no clue as to what it wanted with the Saiyan Guardian, but it wasn't good.

    That necklace... Parsley told her of a Frost Demon who had stolen some kind of god necklace of some kind. Could that have been it? Was that this Koorimaru guy she had heard about?

    She swallowed again and looked down at Sarada. She was safe, even after that ordeal; but she wasn't going to forgive her for letting Maiz get taken. She could already hear her now, and it wasn't a conversation she wanted to have. But, she stood by her decision, and she knew that Maiz would support it.

    For as much good as that did.

    She rose to her feet and continued toward the Palace. The battle behind her appeared to have ended. The sounds of explosions and the energies accompanying them had both tapered off. Parsley's energy was weak, but she was still alive. "I'll be back soon."

    As she sprinted toward the palace, she contacted Inanna again. 'Hey, some Frost Demon killed the knights and took Maiz. I think it was that Koorimaru guy. Sarada's still safe.'

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    It spins and fires a blast of ki from its lance that obliterates the meteor.
    While the Knight is turned around Lantro fires a Nega-Dunk and launches a sphere of ki-covered earth at the Knight

  9. #159
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The last secured door is easily breached, three more scientists and a dozen technicians let out. One tells her that they think the Threshlings were trying to get into the Geofront.
    The Geofront. The blueprints varied on its size and shape, but the general consensus was that it was deep beneath the Capsule Corps buildings. Thanking the group, she proceeded on towards what she assumed would be the closest entrance to the Geofront.

  10. #160
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm coughs up some blood.

    “Threshlings. Attacked.....hour ago. Cut...comms. Looking for something.”
    "Two questions, one, how bad are you're injuries? An two, are they still more in the building? Ah saw they they had some casualties." as she spoke, she came in closer to check him out, and to see the sleeping princess.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  11. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Neva ... thank you." Inanna says, solemnly after seeing the aftermath of what she'd done.

    Kneeling down to offer what succor she may, she checked for the woman's pulse before saying softly. "If you're still alive, get your ass into Vaikuntha." Of course, Auroc was too stubborn to truly die; and had seemingly reverted into some manner of larval form. With several of his 'Priestesses' and a single Golden Knight arriving to recover his corpse.

    Something Inanna couldn't allow without a fight.

    Thankfully the Blood of an God, even an Impostor ... was quite powerful indeed.

    "Is that all Auroc could take ? A single punch," the golden-eyed woman said sneering. Fingers splayed and the blood from Auroc's former visage beginning to pool in the palm ... she drew upon the energy that had been used to corrupt countless millions and ... having a taste of it for herself, offered her own variation. "Let's see how absolute your devotion is, mm ?"

    OT: Inanna's using Aper's Riposte to echo the effect of Auroc's blood/vomit ... the see if she can corrupt the Gold Knight.
    Barely clinging on to both her consciousness and her life, Neva tried to respond, but only spat up a worrying amount of blood. She'd done her part, and was in no shape to fight. It was best she quit this place before death claimed her. Focusing her will--a monumental task considering her injuries--the threshling princess' body slowly faded from normal reality, appearing in the central grove of Vaikuntha. The healing energies of her demesne immediately flowed through her, slowly healing the damage that had been inflicted upon her by friend and foe alike. Just before darkness claimed her, she heard the sounds of a certain young girl calling her name, voice tinged with worry unbefitting of someone so young...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Meanwhile, on Earth...

    Totoma flew over Capital City, doing his usual patrol to ensure the peace and safety of the city, idly munching on his standard... patrol... muffin. Ah, what a boon it had been to discover the muffin button all those years ago! So fluffy and surprisingly nutritious.

    Scanning the city from on-high, he catches sight of a group of evil-doers robbing a bank! The police were engaging them, but the vile gang of criminals seemed heavily armed and surprisingly coordinated. This looked like a job for...

    The Juuuuust Saiyaaaaaaan!

    Descending from the sky, he landed between the cops and robbers, cracking the pavement just a bit. Oops!

    "Shit, it's that crazy alien!" yelled what was... probably the leader of the robbers, as he leveled his machine gun at the Just Saiyan, as did his entire gang, actually. They began firing.

    Wow, these guys were kind of... stupid? They knew who he was, and probably some of what he could do and they just...

    ...oh right, bullets. Totoma reached out and snatched a bullet from the air... then another, and another, and... yeah, you true believers sitting at home get the idea, don'tcha?



    After a few seconds, the barrage stopped, and the robbers, aghast and mouths open, lowered their guns. Totoma grinned and the many bullets he'd caught dropped to the ground, causing a pleasing symphony of plinks.

    "Wh--what the hell is h--" exlaimed one of the villains, before being knocked out by the Just Saiyan from behind. Before the others could react, The Just Saiyan quickly knocked them out with careful, measured strikes.



    Took a second tops, true believers!

    Relaxing, the cops approached him. One of them, Sergeant Skivvie, who was an older man with a bushy beard, spoke to him while the others cuffed the villains. "Thanks for the assist, as always, er... Just... Saiyan." He almost looked embarrassed... or perhaps he was just in awe of the Just Saiyan's might!

    Totoma saluted. "No problem, Sergeant Skivvie. Always glad to help! I would love to stay to talk, but I am sure there are others who need my help right this very moment!"

    Taking to the air again, Totoma began patrolling... but this time, he noticed that some of the others were congregating at Capsule Corp. Weird. He didn't have his communicator with him, so... to capsule corp it was! Totoma increased his speed, jetting through the air to capsule corp, though he kept it under sound speed because...

    ...well, ever seen the aftereffects of a sonic boom in a city? Not pretty, let me tell you.

    On his way, he stopped to thwart a few more evildoers and help a few citizens... including a cat stuck in a tree. As he neared Capsule Corp, he suddenly felt the others' energy signatures just... disappear? And it didn't feel like they'd decided to suppress their power. No, it just went *poof*.

    Landing Near Capsule corp, he finds it... pretty well locked up, except for a single window. Okay, this was really weird. What the heck was going on? Taking a moment to consider the whole... superhero entering uninvited aspect, Totoma climbed in the window and began searching.

    ...and found signs of conflict. Okay, this was worrying. Signs of conflict, energy signatures just... disappearing--in fact, he couldn't sense anything right now. What the heck?

    Alright, so... obviously something bad went down here, so... guess I might as well go to the Geofront? Jinzi built that place for situations like this, so maybe that's where everyone is?

    Worth a try. Totoma began making his way towards the geofront entrance he and the others had used all those years ago when Jinzi had first recruited them...

    ...damn, that really was a long time ago, wasn't it?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  12. #162
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post


    The Knight hands the egg to the Priestesses, who begin chanting. He stands before Inanna and his blade gleams in the fading sunlight.

    Inanna thinks that maybe, maybe she can do what Auroc did. If she can get it on exposed flesh of the Knight.

    He draws his shining blade and salutes her.

    “Godkiller. Lord Auroc foresaw your potential to end him. Certain precautions were taken. It is an honor to see such strength.”
    Inanna ignored the Knight in favor of fixating on the egg a moment only to eventually look back at him with a shrug. "What's that say about him, mm ? A God that has to hedge his bets."

    Realizing that she had a moment to end this fight quickly if she could get past that armor of his however, a simple enough plan formed in her mind and she chuckled to herself.

    "Did Auroc make sure to take similar precautions for his Knights by chance ? Pretty much just offering yourself up to me on a plate, coated in metal."

    Like some kinda candy bar, really.

    Heh ... how utterly Majin.

    Launching heself toward the Golden Knight, she fired a few casual blasts up at the Priestesses as well to gague the reaction. And, at hearing word from Avoca responded back quickly.

    'Will do what I can about that as soon as I have a moment ... but thank you. Please make sure she stays safe.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  13. #163

    Default

    Feh, what great timing this little visit to Vocado had been. Come to catch up with some friends--Maiz, mostly--and get some training in with the Queen and then the damned planet was attacked. By Threshlings, no less. Tasure'd been itching for a real fight, so that was just damned fine with her... or at least it was until the fuckers started converting her fellow saiyans.

    Now, did she really give a damn about other saiyans personally? Nope, not really... but she was still, nominally, one of the Empire's protectors, and... perhaps her son's heroic idiocy had been rubbing off on her lately. Or perhaps she just wanted to set a better example for her second son. Whatever the case, she had spent the better part of the invasion slaughtering fodder. Not fun, but, hey, at least she'd managed to clear an entire city of the trash falling from the sky. Still, from what she was sensing, she was missing a hell of a battle... she could sense Sarada, Parsley, Avoca, that... Elf Princess, and someone she didn't quite recognize all concentrated in the same place. But then, Sarada's energy disappeared, which was worrying, given how strong the Queen was...

    Tch.

    Taking a moment to recover using Bekon's food--the last she'd packed for the trip, unfortunately--Tasure's took to the air, her aura flaring into existence around her. She wasn't too far from the action, so it wouldn't take long, but shortly before she arrived, both the Threshling Princess' energy and Parsley's dropped to dangerously low levels, and the former disappeared entirely. Increasing her speed, Tasure pulled up sharply, gaining altitude before her aura dissipated and she began descending, not even bothering to slow her descent with her ki.

    She landed next to Inanna, impacting the ground and making a small crater. Cracking her neck, she stood up and sized up the golden-clad knight standing in front of her. A grin teased the corner of her mouth, and a golden glow crept into her aura, spreading until she transformed into a super saiyan!



    That hint of a grin grew into a full grin, and she gave Inanna a sidelong glance. "Sorry for being so late... got held up by swarming pests. What the hell happened to the Queen and that... exiled threshling girl?" She didn't ask about Parsley, because it was pretty clear what had happened to her... a double KO against a threshling.

    It occurred to her that the Threshling Parsley had only been able to tie against wore a silver armor, and the one before her wore a golden one, and from what little she knew, the latter should be stronger than the former. Given that Parsley was, at the moment, her superior in terms of raw power, this meant that she would be entirely in over her head in this fight.

    Just how she liked it.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-11-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Working her way through on the ceiling, heading to the entrance to the Geofront under CC, Praxat sees ruined CC droids and kinblast char marks in various places.

    She also finds the first few bodies. Burned by ki blasts and beyond recognition.

    She also discovers a beheaded Threshlings, dressed in a shimmery black material that makes it almost invisible to regular eyesight.
    Praxat ponders her options. ( what should I do? Should I try to fix the droids or look for Wilhelm?) Praxat thought.

    (This is horrible, what the hell are Threshlings even doing here? What were they after here? I can't recognize them due to the damage, but I can guess the charred bodies are my follow colleagues,) Praxat thought.

    ( Most probably had families, families that will be devastated by the grave news of what happen here. Even these dead Threshlings probably had families they wanted to get back to. Okay, I decided I'll go look for Wilhelm I can try to fix the droids later,) Praxat thought.

    Praxat rips off a piece of shimmery black material worn by a headless Threshling. She puts it in her right pants pocket. ( I'm taking this for further studying,) Praxat thought.

    ( If I had the eyesight of a human, I almost wouldn't able to see this material. Humans are rather poor at detecting low levels of light. A problem which I don't have,) Praxat thought.

    ( I can detect extremely low levels of light, allowing me to see color even in what humans would consider near darkness. So I can see the shimmer of this material, that these dead Threshlings are wearing quite clearly,) Praxat thought.

    Praxat continues past the ruined droids and dead bodies looking for Wilhelm.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-17-2020 at 01:11 AM.

  15. #165
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,673

    Default The Second Circle of Hel(d)

    "Tell me, Admiral, is it true that Earth is as backwater as they say it is?" a posh, feminine voice asked. "I heard the reason you took so long to return was because you were essentially forced to bang two rocks together and invent a spaceship on your own."

    "Eh?" The Nevadian looked up from his drink, turning his attention to the world outside of his mind. A group surrounded him, turning from mingling with each other, to turning their attention to himself.

    "They say you personally dragged them out of the Saiyan-Age of technology to something worth respecting."

    It was a fully packed gala, put on for some reason or another, to celebrate someone whose name he did not quite catch. In leaner times, Held would have loved nothing more than to attend a party, partaking in the drink, admiring the women, and forging alliances.

    As things had been since his return, he found them a dismal affair, almost more of a job, than something he would choose to do. Invitations to events fell upon him like an endless torrent, with no signs of slowing.

    Held had the frame of mind to simply ignore them, but a man cursed with his station had to at least make some effort among the elite. Even for someone of his stature, his goals were easier to accomplish as a beloved icon, as opposed to...Whatever Held felt himself turning into.

    "I wouldn't say backwater." He replied with a curt smile, "I admit they're not as advanced as us generally speaking--That's hardly anything to be ashamed of-- but I can think of at least one guy whose ahead of the--"

    "You're too modest, Sir Debon." An older, refined gentlemen cut in, laughing slightly, "You almost seemed to imply that that planet might have something going for it, other than being a good mining outpost."

    Held sighed as he heard mummers among the group surrounding him.

    "I hear the only reason the Saiyan Empire is so protective of them is because the humans make for great slaves, because they're so weak, but easy enough to train." A younger, more self assured young man asserted.

    "I hear that they even cut the Galaxy Police in on the deal...It would explain how such an unremarkable planet attracts so much attention...."

    The Nevadian shifted slightly, his drink swirling slightly from a subtle hand movement.

    "I...Don't think Queen Sarada would--"

    "Didn't you save her life?" The Older Gentleman interjected once more, "Far be it for me to question you, Admiral, but even though we're not what one would call 'at war' with the Saiyans, it would have been more prudent not to interfere in an assassination attempt that she probably had coming? The book of Saiyan history is filled with the most horrible crimes imaginable."

    He could feel his temples starting to throb. It had been disappointing to realize just how out of touch the upper crust were. Even worse, they lacked all manner of grace. They had the diplomatic acumen of children.

    Well, harmless ones did, anyways. The unambitious, the insanely wealthy, those without any plots....The ones who were far more subtle tended to be almost terrifying, in the estimations of the Nevadian.

    "The thought did cross my mind." Held claimed, redirecting the point as to avoid offending anyone, "But, Queen Sarada has been an improvement over the past rulers--"

    "That's not saying much!" Someone shouting in the background to stifled laughter among the group.

    "Granted." Held continued, after an empty chuckle escaped his lips, "But, If I let her die, they'd probably take it as a sign from whatever god they worship that outlawing slavery was wrong, and they need to double back on the conquest efforts or something...I can't speak for you all, but as someone familiar with the battlefield, I much prefer the current arrangement."

    Silence reigned for a moment within the group, their faces contemplated.

    "I don't know, Sir." The younger man continued, "My family has put quite a bit of money into funding the technology that helps us keeps the Saiyans as bay...It's going to start to look like a poor investment, in these peaceful times continue."

    Murmurs of affirmation were given, none very subtle.

    Good Grief....I thought the Saiyans were the war mongers...

    "Weren't you scared?" A woman, younger than the rest asked, her golden locks somewhat blinding even in this gentle light, "I heard you flew right into Saiyan Airspace and crashed your spaceship right outside the palace, then fought your way inside and healed the queen after defeating her entire guard."

    "I heard they tried to kill you on sight!" Another proclaimed.

    "What?" The Nevadian was genuinely surprised by this. Who had told them this story? His publicist? "No. hailed them from space and I've fought with the Queen and helped save her current attendant. Not to mention they pretty much had given up hope by that point--"

    "Oh! What's the Queen like?!" She continued, enthusiasm glowing in her eyes, "Is it true she's a blood thirsty, sex-crazed maniac, who can barely control herself?"

    "...."

    The Nevadian went silent as he attempted to find an answer to that question that denied the accusations thrown as his comrade. Unfortunately, his mind darted from event to event, battle to battle, and the Saiyans penchant for nudity and women. The exploits of Sarada and Ishtar--Or whatever it was she changed her name to--were practically advertised to the warriors present on earth.

    And she certainly was a great warrior, in the Nevadians estimations. Not that he would say that out loud, anywhere near her.

    "That's a bit of an exaggeration." Held began, "We all have our vices, but people aren't so--"

    "Did she try to kill you, or sexually assault you?" She continued, pausing for a moment.

    She raised her eyebrows towards Held. "...Kill you and sexually assault you?"

    "I'm not her type." He answered, almost instantaneously.

    He resisted the urge to jump out the nearest window. Besides, it was a legitimate question, in a sense.

    "That said, she did get really upset when she heard I penetrated her consort." He replied, his first genuine laugh of the night, "But, I think she missed context of the situation..."

    He shrugged.

    "I guess one of the side effects of using spears as a weapon. Sexually connotations run rampan--"

    "Held, Old boy!" The older gentleman interjected, yet again, "I do say it's time for a photo!"

    The Nevadian downed his drink in a hurry, drowning the groan that threatened to escape his throat. "It's not a party without one, eh?"

    Ah, of course. How could he forget. It was almost never a legitimate conversation for the lot of them. It was to hear themselves talk, to talk down on the less fortunate, and to leech off of the fame of 'Held Debon' Hero of whatever title seemed to be trending this week.

    As the group orientend themselves around him, the Photographer prepared with the quickness's of a well paid professional.

    "Smile!" He said simply, aiming the shout.

    As the photo was taken, a sea of smiles and beaming eyes barely managed to restrain the look of boredom and disdain present in the eyes of Held Debon.
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-13-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •