Page 111 of 371 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Oh, is that so? I'll have to find her later, in that case." She... had a feeling she knew why Hilda wanted to join so badly, and it had nothing to do with the battle at hand.

He had managed to surpass Super Saiyan?! Sarada and herself had tried and failed on several occasions, but he managed to do it. "He's surpassed Super Saiyan, a feat I myself have yet to accomplish." There was a hint of excitement in her voice, but she managed to curtail it enough to keep from making a fool of herself. "He's Jagam's progenitor, then? Despite how disappointing the progeny was, I have high hopes for the father. And equally high hopes that Auroc's control over him can be broken. He would be an invaluable asset for my sister and the Empire."
    “She’s in the botany lab when you want to see her.”

————

Anula nods.

“The child was dead when Auroc discovered it. They used its DNA and our Queen’s to create Jagam. However, several years later, Knight Kakarot appeared and rumors started flying about from where.. I believe he was reanimated by Auroc because Jagam was...less than what he wanted.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Later

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna grinned, as she simply absorbed the Ki blasts into the arm she'd acquired from Marduk's corpse. "I've always found the notion of 'dirty fighting' something of coward's excuse," she then explained.... only to make a 'finger gun' at Parsley. "A fight to the death is no place for honor. It's a place for desperation, a place for ingenuity. You should know as well I as do that the alternative leaes little more than a pit in your stomach; as you relive your failure again and again.

So in a way... we're peers. You and I." With a smirk, she pulled the trigger.

"Bang."

*snip*
    It was as she thought. She was able to absorb energy, but it seemed to be only through that decayed arm of the slain Oni, Marduk. That limited her options somewhat, but there was a loophole she could exploit, if she planned it out right.

"Many strive to maintain honor in battle out of a misguided sense of morality, others because, as you say, they're cowards who wish to handicap a superior opponent. I've encountered many like that during my genociding days. It was always the heroic types, and it always ended the same way." With them in a pit and forced to relive their failure over and over again for the rest of eternity. "Sometimes I accepted their terms and then lost on purpose, just to kill them when they let their guard down immediately after victory. The look of betrayal never got old."

She noticed the finger gun and braced herself.

Aura of Reflection

Just before impact, her golden aura flared and shone like a ray of sunlight reflected off a mirror. The powerful beam reflected off her aura, but still had enough power behind it to shove her back. She dug her heels into the ground, which only succeeded in digging miniature trenches through the dirt. She shifted, using the power of the beam to jettison her from its path.

Impressive power, she remarked to herself. But I'm more powerful still.

She didn't want to waste her trump card so early. From this distance, any beam would surely be absorbed and used against her. Thus, she opted to close in and turn the fight into hand-to-hand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    And just like that, the Nevadian found himself on the backfoot.

The Nevadian had barely come up short before the barrier of thorns and lances shot from the ground beneath their feet, the unnatural teeth conjured poised to rip and tear and the Nevadian's flesh energy and will in a single decaying bite.

In a fluid motion, the Nevadian changed the target of his attack, plunging the tip of the spear into the ground below. The spear bent slightly, almost imperceptible to the naked eye as Held jumped into the air, and the tension of the weapon released itself, propelling him higher into the air towards the roof of the ceiling.

Good Grief...Even the way this guy does battle is condescending to me.

His feet touched the tip of the endless cathedral as he bent his legs, preparing himself for his counter-strike.

From his vantage point high above, one thing became clear to the Nevadian: He had chosen his foe poorly.

To be sure, he was in the right place, and facing the right group, but as he observed the configuration of the room and its conjuring of power, it's focusing of the will of the dedicated and indoctrinated, it became clear that none of that unnatural power, that weaponization of belief, came from the Herald.

He directed it, as if a conductor of a symphony, but he did nothing to generate the music. The entire room flowed with power, a conduit just like the room before it, focusing it's considerable might on weakening, on eradicating the Nevadian and protecting it's conductor.

With a grunt of effort, the Nevadian legs pressed off the ceiling with enough force to shatter stone, the tip of his spear shooting forth towards the floor like a missile.

Fighting the Herald was merely a diversion. Whatever power he held was certainly lesser than the shattering of the hopes of an entire entire planet, and using the ground up bits of dream and drained will as a cudgel. To defeat the room was no doubt the same as defeating Blacktongue.

To the Shingan, the tainted will was manifested itself in the most blatant of terms. The power employed in this room was built on enslavement and subjugation, on the most barbaric of treatment, with the most despicable of goals.

Purifying Aura!

Golden sparks of light glowed into existence around both Nevadian and weapon as they fell in tandem towards their target. Taint was the lifeblood of this cursed temple; purity the euthanizing agent to stop the endless festering of corrupted will, providing peace and respite to the dark temple.

Through destruction.

This spear would act as a needle, plunging the bane of Blacktongues power directly into either Blacktongue, or the ground beneath where his skewered body would be. It made little difference.
    The light of protection wreathed about the spear shone out. It caught his inner light like a spike of pearl, and as the Purifying Aura extended itself, and spun about its wielder, when it struck out it lanced through the assembled darkness.

It was a struggle that went beyond mere force, and therein lay the difference.

Blacktongue's power was based in that which captivated those to enthralled to submission. A show of great force is only magnified by the ability to seize upon the archetype of power set fixed within a naive mind, and so totally had the local population in their primitive beliefs been taken in by the shroud that their knowledge of this terror and pain was nigh absolute.

Held's magic clashed against the withersome darkness, the Herald's handiwork still resisted against that white-hot point cast upon the spear. Gradually it fell, and like a point pressed through a hollow glass dome, the rendered thorns of shadow broke, their vines snapping as they attempted to grasp Purification in its Decay, until it diminished upon single point, resolved upon a phantom image of man.

Those who cultivate power also cultivate an image infallible. But the power of the Unicorns of Old granted Held his protection, and with it the antithesis of those who took such fearful faith for granted. And of Lord Markus Blacktongue's lethal deception of death shrouded in a peace offering, it was as thin as the illusion cast about this temple chamber.

The awesome expanse of the throne room as presented shrank. Its splendid columns and geometric altars dissolved from view, flying apart into the remnants of the jungle mists. An obelisk throne, behind which the bio-mechanical lights pulsed dimly as the image subsided. Leaving the Nevadian warrior standing face to face before the Herald of Auroc.

Screeching metal-on-metal echoed through the diminished hall, a dark gauntlet seizing the shaft of the spear, struggling to arrest further movement even as the palm smoked with the sharp smell of ozone. Held had speared the Threshling clean through the centre mass, the tip scraping the stone behind him as the light of purification danced violent shadows over them all. Blacktongue had fallen to a knee, yet even with this injury matched his attacker's strength. What formidable power was cast through the font of belief, even now? His magician's power drawn from the collective was slowly giving him the strength to stand.

"Hold him down."

Zaofan walked forward, the staff at his side seemed to burn in his knotted grip. Held's comrades had been released from that domineering aura by his swift action, and the Herald of Auroc swiftly found himself outnumbered. All he had left was his words.

"Well met, interlopers," Blacktongue hissed. Though he'd been struck, his innate power still seemed to dwarf theirs. The flaming corona about his eight-eyed helm shrank, the portholes of his sight burning like coals. "The faith of the Sons of Nevadia, it will be a boon to steer such devotion to Our strength."

The draw of his voice seemed to lengthen, like a deep growl carried on each inflected syllable, and the air thickened.

"Hail Auroc," the spell started, the techno-organic alloy firmament shaking under their feet. "The mark of divinity struck upon the True Path to Bind Thee-"

It was then Ochazuke spoke a single command.

"Silence."

Through a particularly focused kiai carried through his speech, when it hit the Threshling Lord his body went limp, and the rattling grip upon the Nevadian Spear loosening, till Held found no further resistance, as it punched clean through into the floor.

Not giving Blacktongue even a scant moment to recompose himself, Zaofan swung his staff into his slack legs. They knew well the resilience of his kind, but despite the Threshling's pliable anatomy, the reflex had been arrested, targeted by Ochazuke's attack the Herald's very spirit - and with it its fundamental will over his body.

The unbraced femur bones broke under katchin, one side after the other, and Blacktongue fell slack, seated ineffectually upon these shattered legs. The Martial Artist then callously struck him precisely where the spinal column met his skull.

While Sir Markus Blacktongue, Herald of Auroc yet lived, with his magic, his speech, and his body now sealed, for the moment he had been retired.

"That leaves the Priestess," Ochazuke said.

The M Fighters now stood upon the very apex of the Obsidian Ziggurat. From here on the peaked roof, where the point scraped against the sky, they felt its monolith build towering over the population below. The temples by its foundations were simply miniscule, stone houses built for old gods forgotten in the presence of those who came from above, siphoning the worship put over their altars. Though they felt the heat of the sun above them, the winds howled, and the sky fell as dark as sackcloth.

The natives clashed with the Converted, pale fleshy dots below scattered in the clearing. Even from this distance, all at once they stopped in their tracks and seized.

Upon this monument raised in Auroc's name, from the highest parapet she descended.

Last edited by grampagen; 06-08-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Default Past

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “She’s in the botany lab when you want to see her.”
    Parsley nodded. "I will once I return from this training. Thank you."

Anula nods.

“The child was dead when Auroc discovered it. They used its DNA and our Queen’s to create Jagam. However, several years later, Knight Kakarot appeared and rumors started flying about from where.. I believe he was reanimated by Auroc because Jagam was...less than what he wanted.”
    It was an interesting bit of intrigue. Even Auroc had to admit that Jagam was less than stellar, and it upset him so much that he committed what many would consider a dark art of the highest order. She supposed beyond that, his origin didn't matter. The only thing she cared about what his future. "Is it possible to break Auroc's sway over him?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Parsley nodded. "I will once I return from this training. Thank you."

It was an interesting bit of intrigue. Even Auroc had to admit that Jagam was less than stellar, and it upset him so much that he committed what many would consider a dark art of the highest order. She supposed beyond that, his origin didn't matter. The only thing she cared about what his future. "Is it possible to break Auroc's sway over him?"
    Anula looks at the other priestesses, who all shrug.

“We...don’t know. Most of us are not inner circle material, and the few that are can’t say for sure. Sorry, we don’t know much about Necromancy. If he’s controlled like the others...than yes. But if this is something else entirely......”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“We...don’t know. Most of us are not inner circle material, and the few that are can’t say for sure. Sorry, we don’t know much about Necromancy. If he’s controlled like the others...than yes. But if this is something else entirely......”
    "The only way to know for certain, then, is to try," she said in reply. Either he would be restored or he would die. Either way, she would see to it that he was no longer a threat. If he was revived with necromancy, then I might be able to undo that with anti-magic, if it comes to that. She had never tried, but it was worth a shot.

"Now, about this Grand Maven. What can you tell me about her?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat takes one of the bracelets. ( Mourn, and Jinzi must be close, wish I could say the same about Grandmother and me. I will never be close to my grandmother again, not after all the heinous crimes she committed,) Praxat thought.

( My grandmother has committed mass murder, treason, start a war, abused power, attempted to committed near omnicide. My grandmother was going to wipe out nearly all life on my home planet Qaceria, and her reason for doing so was insane. It's a good thing I, Cyanna, and Althena stopped her three years ago,) Praxat thought.

( Worse of all though, she murdered almost all of her grandchildren, my sisters. She lobotomized her granddaughter, my sister Fraxat. Doctors on Chroma did the best they could to help Fraxat. Still, to this day, she has memory problems because of what my grandmother did to her,) Praxat thought.

( I created a helper bot for her to help her remember stuff, I will never forgive, my grandmother for all the damage she caused. However, I do still admired her intelligence. My grandmother is vastly intelligent, and could have used her genius for good, ) Praxat thought.

Praxat then stands next to Dash after pondering to herself." Dash, I'm going to check out the engine room what to come with?" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Default Then

Mourn looks at her, eyes calculating.

“We find our friends on the battlefield, Lady Inanna. Perhaps one day we may meet each other across blades, but today is not that day. Jinzi speaks well of you, and the GP has a treaty with Earth and Vocado to help protect one another, amongst other things. What this Auroc did, does, is wrong, and he assaulted allies while having also attacked GP targets years ago via Jagam. This might not be a peacekeeping mission today, your right, but trust me when I say Auroc has been found guilty of his crimes and we are here to make sure the criminal doesn’t escape justice.”

He pulls out a holdpad and gestures.

“Even got an arrest warrant. Of course, I’m pretty sure he has no intention of surrendering, so if he gets put out of his misery I won’t shed a tear. Less paperwork for me.”

He puts the data pad away and sighs.

“The GP are peacekeepers most of the time. We negotiate cease fires, we fight off pirates, and try to help when calamity strikes. Me, I would like to be more proactive, and in this instance, I think it’s a more desirable outcome that we are.”
    "It's an outcome. Time will tell whether or not it's the desirable one." One of the few good things Zurvan had taught; come hell or high water, time always told the truth.

As for the rest of it?

"Good enough for now."

With that, the Oni offered their benefactor a smile and a small bow, before walking off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It was as she thought. She was able to absorb energy, but it seemed to be only through that decayed arm of the slain Oni, Marduk. That limited her options somewhat, but there was a loophole she could exploit, if she planned it out right.

"Many strive to maintain honor in battle out of a misguided sense of morality, others because, as you say, they're cowards who wish to handicap a superior opponent. I've encountered many like that during my genociding days. It was always the heroic types, and it always ended the same way." With them in a pit and forced to relive their failure over and over again for the rest of eternity. "Sometimes I accepted their terms and then lost on purpose, just to kill them when they let their guard down immediately after victory. The look of betrayal never got old."

She noticed the finger gun and braced herself.

Aura of Reflection

Just before impact, her golden aura flared and shone like a ray of sunlight reflected off a mirror. The powerful beam reflected off her aura, but still had enough power behind it to shove her back. She dug her heels into the ground, which only succeeded in digging miniature trenches through the dirt. She shifted, using the power of the beam to jettison her from its path.

Impressive power, she remarked to herself. But I'm more powerful still.

She didn't want to waste her trump card so early. From this distance, any beam would surely be absorbed and used against her. Thus, she opted to close in and turn the fight into hand-to-hand.
    "Morality? Now there's a joke. A thing invented, and agreed upon based on the whims of prevalent belief." Inanna commented, as she prepared for the Saiyan; opting to simply let the Princess engage in the hand-to-hand she desired. "In some civilizations, my actions would see my called a Demon. In others, I'd be the Luminary to lead them from darkness."

There was a pause, before she decided instead to surge forward to meet Parsley head on.

"At the end of the day, it's a great idea... morality; and yet like so many other things in this derelict Universe flawed in its realization." Before they connected however, Inanna faded from view, using her IT to reposition in a bid to catch the Saiyan off-guard and slam her into the ground with a blow.

"Which brings us to players like Auroc. Eager to capitalize on the broken system for personal gain. Something I suppose I can't fault I'm for... after all, isn't that what we're after? To change the Universe on our terms?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He nods.

“I only saw him once, and only knew about him through rumor. He wore our armor but had a golden glow like you, but with electricity in his aura as well.”

Anula speaks up now.

“Auroc and the Maven somehow managed to reanimate the Saiyan that crashed on Reshlan years ago. I saw him fight once. He is the Grand Maven’s protector and is terrifyingly strong.”
    Hearing this, and remembering back to the impromptu mission with Pinach, the aftereffects of that, Dash could feel a knot forming in her stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat takes one of the bracelets. ( Mourn, and Jinzi must be close, wish I could say the same about Grandmother and me. I will never be close to my grandmother again, not after all the heinous crimes she committed,) Praxat thought.

( My grandmother has committed mass murder, treason, start a war, abused power, attempted to committed near omnicide. My grandmother was going to wipe out nearly all life on my home planet Qaceria, and her reason for doing so was insane. It's a good thing I, Cyanna, and Althena stopped her three years ago,) Praxat thought.

( Worse of all though, she murdered almost all of her grandchildren, my sisters. She lobotomized her granddaughter, my sister Fraxat. Doctors on Chroma did the best they could to help Fraxat. Still, to this day, she has memory problems because of what my grandmother did to her,) Praxat thought.

( I created a helper bot for her to help her remember stuff, I will never forgive, my grandmother for all the damage she caused. However, I do still admired her intelligence. My grandmother is vastly intelligent, and could have used her genius for good, ) Praxat thought.

Praxat then stands next to Dash after pondering to herself." Dash, I'm going to check out the engine room what to come with?" Praxat said.
    She had been listening intently to the briefly, so much so that she almost didn't hear Praxat next to her. Turning her attention to her friend, her expression was a mix of unease and distraction, "Ah..um, no, you go on an ah'll meet you there later. Gonna stay here and learn as much as ah can about the Threshlings an what we might be facing." In the back of her mind, Dash wished that she and Praxat had had more time to train, a problem she'll have only a handful of hours to deal with.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Morality? Now there's a joke. A thing invented, and agreed upon based on the whims of prevalent belief." Inanna commented, as she prepared for the Saiyan; opting to simply let the Princess engage in the hand-to-hand she desired. "In some civilizations, my actions would see my called a Demon. In others, I'd be the Luminary to lead them from darkness."

There was a pause, before she decided instead to surge forward to meet Parsley head on.

"At the end of the day, it's a great idea... morality; and yet like so many other things in this derelict Universe flawed in its realization." Before they connected however, Inanna faded from view, using her IT to reposition in a bid to catch the Saiyan off-guard and slam her into the ground with a blow.

"Which brings us to players like Auroc. Eager to capitalize on the broken system for personal gain. Something I suppose I can't fault I'm for... after all, isn't that what we're after? To change the Universe on our terms?"
    Morality varied from civilization to civilization, and from person to person on a more personal scale. She never liked to explore the mental quandary that arose whenever two opposing moralities met. It required more introspective thinking than even she was willing to partake in. At least not while she was in the middle of a low stakes sparring match.

"Oof!" she grunted as she was slammed into the ground by a surprise blow from behind. "Auroc is an opportunist, yes," she agreed as she rose to her feet. "But, once he is eliminated, another will rise to take his place. It's a never ending cycle. One threat after another. Peace is sought after so vigorously because it never lasts. There will always be someone who believes that the strong should rule the weak."

Her aura flared. "Once our enemies are dead, how do you intend on keeping peace within the universe?" She blitzed upward toward Inanna again. Her aura began to rotate like a buzzsaw.

Aura of Evisceration

Once again, she engaged Inanna in close quarters. This time, not only were her strikes laser precise, but every time they made contact, it was like Inanna was a pig being cut into by a serrated combat knife.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Morality varied from civilization to civilization, and from person to person on a more personal scale. She never liked to explore the mental quandary that arose whenever two opposing moralities met. It required more introspective thinking than even she was willing to partake in. At least not while she was in the middle of a low stakes sparring match.

"Oof!" she grunted as she was slammed into the ground by a surprise blow from behind. "Auroc is an opportunist, yes," she agreed as she rose to her feet. "But, once he is eliminated, another will rise to take his place. It's a never ending cycle. One threat after another. Peace is sought after so vigorously because it never lasts. There will always be someone who believes that the strong should rule the weak."

Her aura flared. "Once our enemies are dead, how do you intend on keeping peace within the universe?" She blitzed upward toward Inanna again. Her aura began to rotate like a buzzsaw.

Aura of Evisceration

Once again, she engaged Inanna in close quarters. This time, not only were her strikes laser precise, but every time they made contact, it was like Inanna was a pig being cut into by a serrated combat knife.
    Parsley caught on quick, both in terms of the conversation's direction; and what was necessary to gain the upper hand. Yet Inanna seemed undaunted, matching the Saiyan blow for blow even as the Aura of Evisceration cut into her again, and again; healing up- just barely- in time only to be ripped into again.

Not that she seemed to mind, terribly.

"Within the confines of this system of Might Makes Right?" She replied. "There's really only one way forward, isn't there. To become the biggest; and strongest." The only way to ensure her aims could be met and maintained. "A thing I believe all destroyers were created to embody... and yet again- thanks to Asha'rah's dumbassery- something we all understand to be poorly realized."

Parsley might become rapidly aware, just how much blood she'd spilled by now..."So I'll perfect it."

So. Much. Blood.

"What it means to be a GoD; and luckily for you, I've found a way to do so without killing everyone." Dodging the next swing from Parsley, Inanna attempts to kick the woman away... but even failing that she simply smirks.

"Besides... you say you're stronger than I am; but I never told you about what happened to me in Hell."

Not waiting for a response, Inanna ripped the horn that had remained in her shoulder out; and with a cackle ignited her blood to trigger the same explosion that she'd used to draw blood from an Angel.

Arx Inosaan

Parsley caught on quick, both in terms of the conversation's direction; and what was necessary to gain the upper hand. Yet Inanna seemed undaunted, matching the Saiyan blow for blow even as the Aura of Evisceration cut into her again, and again; healing up- just barely- in time only to be ripped into again.

Not that she seemed to mind, terribly.

"Within the confines of this system of Might Makes Right?" She replied. "There's really only one way forward, isn't there. To become the biggest; and strongest." The only way to ensure her aims could be met and maintained. "A thing I believe all destroyers were created to embody... and yet again- thanks to Asha'rah's dumbassery- something we all understand to be poorly realized."

Parsley might become rapidly aware, just how much blood she'd spilled by now..."So I'll perfect it."

So. Much. Blood.

"What it means to be a GoD; and luckily for you, I've found a way to do so without killing everyone." Dodging the next swing from Parsley, Inanna attempts to kick the woman away... but even failing that she simply smirks.

"Besides... you say you're stronger than I am; but I never told you about what happened to me in Hell."

Not waiting for a response, Inanna ripped the horn that had remained in her shoulder out; and with a cackle ignited her blood to trigger the same explosion that she'd used to draw blood from an Angel.

*snip*
    Even Parsley didn't think things through all the way sometimes. Cutting open a blood mage deeply enough to bring forth the sanguine succor she needed wasn't the smartest idea, as Parsley quickly found out. Yet, even though she was at the epicenter of the explosion, she was unconcerned. Her Aura of Reflection was still active, even though Aura of Evisceration was overlaid on top of it. As the explosion initiated by her own shortsighted actions ripped through the ground with impunity, the explosive force and thermal heat that would have not only sent her flying, but also done some measure of damage to her, reflected off her aura and exploded outward. Whether it hit Inanna as a result or not was of little consequence. She just needed some time to do what she wanted to do.

During the explosion, she cut herself open and quickly used her own blood to set the rune into place. An exactly replica of Parsley appeared and quickly concealed her power to hide somewhere.

The real Parsley flew out of the explosion to reveal that she was unharmed.

"I admit that was an error on my part," she said easily. "It won't happen again. Now then, the answer to my question is to become the thing we destroy, ultra powerful despots lording our power over those weaker than us. In that regard, the system is broken, as you say." If left unchecked, the cycle would continue. They would be on the right side of morality, in their own eyes. Yet, every man was just in his own eyes. "I don't believe that strength is absolute, though. There will always be someone stronger. Or, that is my hope."

She cupped her hands together at her side and started gathering ki. "Perfecting that which many would already consider perfect. A lofty goal, but I suppose attainable to a degree with enough time." Perfection was fleeting, an unobtainable goal that would always be hampered by ego and internal strife. "But tell me, what did Lampton teach you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing this, and remembering back to the impromptu mission with Pinach, the aftereffects of that, Dash could feel a knot forming in her stomach.

She had been listening intently to the briefly, so much so that she almost didn't hear Praxat next to her. Turning her attention to her friend, her expression was a mix of unease and distraction, "Ah..um, no, you go on an ah'll meet you there later. Gonna stay here and learn as much as ah can about the Threshlings an what we might be facing." In the back of her mind, Dash wished that she and Praxat had had more time to train, a problem she'll have only a handful of hours to deal with.

Once again speaking her thoughts out loud, a habit made stronger from all the years she spent training alone, "A zombie army, an undead Supersaiyan, a horde of warriors and magic users, plus a wannabe god." As she said this, she lifted up her right hand and looked at the palm. Last time she faced Auroc, she was under Lady Iris', and Meagan's protection. Clenching her first, she wondered if she'd be able to face this on her own. The bracelet was in her pocket, it was small comfort however.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Even Parsley didn't think things through all the way sometimes. Cutting open a blood mage deeply enough to bring forth the sanguine succor she needed wasn't the smartest idea, as Parsley quickly found out. Yet, even though she was at the epicenter of the explosion, she was unconcerned. Her Aura of Reflection was still active, even though Aura of Evisceration was overlaid on top of it. As the explosion initiated by her own shortsighted actions ripped through the ground with impunity, the explosive force and thermal heat that would have not only sent her flying, but also done some measure of damage to her, reflected off her aura and exploded outward. Whether it hit Inanna as a result or not was of little consequence. She just needed some time to do what she wanted to do.

During the explosion, she cut herself open and quickly used her own blood to set the rune into place. An exactly replica of Parsley appeared and quickly concealed her power to hide somewhere.

The real Parsley flew out of the explosion to reveal that she was unharmed.

"I admit that was an error on my part," she said easily. "It won't happen again. Now then, the answer to my question is to become the thing we destroy, ultra powerful despots lording our power over those weaker than us. In that regard, the system is broken, as you say." If left unchecked, the cycle would continue. They would be on the right side of morality, in their own eyes. Yet, every man was just in his own eyes. "I don't believe that strength is absolute, though. There will always be someone stronger. Or, that is my hope."

She cupped her hands together at her side and started gathering ki. "Perfecting that which many would already consider perfect. A lofty goal, but I suppose attainable to a degree with enough time." Perfection was fleeting, an unobtainable goal that would always be hampered by ego and internal strife. "But tell me, what did Lampton teach you?"
    "Only needed it to happen the once," Inanna commented, and while Parsley had been busy during the brief lapse as the hellaciois explosion shook the planet; neither had the golden-eyed Goddess. Being aware that the Saiyan would be wary to fire off any more pilferable bursts of Ki; and without the time to drain New Tatenen lest she leave herself open to a one-sided ass beating... Inanna understood her options were somewhat limited.

Thankfully, Parsley had been too eager, and not one to turn down something offered; Inanna had let the Saiyan bleed her like a stuck pig... in order to siphon off the energy generated from the explosion that blood would make. Solving the issue entirely. Barring unforseen occurrence.

"In this system, the only way strength could be absolute, is by routinely culling the Universe's population... the task, and ultimate aim, of a Destroyer." Inanna stated, before flooding the battered landscape around her with her energy.

"Unfortunately, it would seem, what most see as perfect is less than. A Destroyer killed by Asha'rah. A Destroyer corrupted by the power. A Destroyer consumed by a dinosaur. Your belief that Destroyers are not the pinnacle of strength is... more than fair." Really. It was any wonder that the sealed Universes still existed, considering all of the blunders of past GoDs.

"I'm already well on my way to making it obsolete." The woman commented, "but visiting Lampton cemented the path I'm on. The same reason Auroc hunted him. A ritual to transcend the limitations of one's species... that is what Lampton did to me. Unlocked my potential, and more..."

Inanna cocked her head.

Without knowing where Parsley was for sure, there was little the woman could do to stymie whatever attack she had in store; so instead she'd simply headed her off at the pass, and by focusing on the energy she'd bled into the soil Inanna triggered her Dimensional Cachexia.

"Exciting, isn't it?"

Arx Inosaan