Page 112 of 371 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Only needed it to happen the once," Inanna commented, and while Parsley had been busy during the brief lapse as the hellaciois explosion shook the planet; neither had the golden-eyed Goddess. Being aware that the Saiyan would be wary to fire off any more pilferable bursts of Ki; and without the time to drain New Tatenen lest she leave herself open to a one-sided ass beating... Inanna understood her options were somewhat limited.

Thankfully, Parsley had been too eager, and not one to turn down something offered; Inanna had let the Saiyan bleed her like a stuck pig... in order to siphon off the energy generated from the explosion that blood would make. Solving the issue entirely. Barring unforseen occurrence.

"In this system, the only way strength could be absolute, is by routinely culling the Universe's population... the task, and ultimate aim, of a Destroyer." Inanna stated, before flooding the battered landscape around her with her energy.

"Unfortunately, it would seem, what most see as perfect is less than. A Destroyer killed by Asha'rah. A Destroyer corrupted by the power. A Destroyer consumed by a dinosaur. Your belief that Destroyers are not the pinnacle of strength is... more than fair." Really. It was any wonder that the sealed Universes still existed, considering all of the blunders of past GoDs.

"I'm already well on my way to making it obsolete." The woman commented, "but visiting Lampton cemented the path I'm on. The same reason Auroc hunted him. A ritual to transcend the limitations of one's species... that is what Lampton did to me. Unlocked my potential, and more..."

Inanna cocked her head.

Without knowing where Parsley was for sure, there was little the woman could do to stymie whatever attack she had in store; so instead she'd simply headed her off at the pass, and by focusing on the energy she'd bled into the soil Inanna triggered her Dimensional Cachexia.

"Exciting, isn't it?"
    Perfect Intuition.

Ka...

Blue ki pooled in between Parsley's hands.

Inanna's answer was interesting for a myriad of reasons, but two stood out. A Destroyer maintained peace through death, hence the name. Death of those that they saw unfit to remain in the universe. As far as she knew, there weren't any hard set guidelines on what qualified a race for destruction, but she had a feeling it was more than simply "good and evil". Whatever the reasons were was a moot point, regardless. Inanna had a plan already in motion to do away with the entire system; at least in this universe and perhaps the other sealed universes. This one was a certainty. What the planned entailed wasn't entirely made clear.

...Me...

That, however, what piqued her interest. The mention of Lampton, the being that Auroc wanted to find so dearly, made her hum in interest. The creature knew of a ritual that allowed the recipient, in the Oni's own words, to transcend their race. There were many things that phrase could have meant, but given the context, only one definition fit perfectly. "It's a ritual to obtain godhood."

...Ha...

It was a goal Sarada had made known was a desire of hers on several occasions. Parsley herself also wanted to reach this knew plateau. Super Saiyan was the pinnacle of their race, but the introduction of Rousong during the tournament and Knight Kakarot proved beyond the shadow of all doubt that there was still more power to obtain from the form. Even Parsley and Sarada managed to surpass the legendary form, however briefly. Yet, to realize that a Saiyan's true potential could rise even to the divine realm of gods was a staggering thought.

...Me...

"How is this ritual performed? Tell me. Oh, and..."

The clone of Parsley appeared in front of Inanna and thrust her hands forward. "SPIRAL FLASH!!"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Perfect Intuition.

Ka...

Blue ki pooled in between Parsley's hands.

Inanna's answer was interesting for a myriad of reasons, but two stood out. A Destroyer maintained peace through death, hence the name. Death of those that they saw unfit to remain in the universe. As far as she knew, there weren't any hard set guidelines on what qualified a race for destruction, but she had a feeling it was more than simply "good and evil". Whatever the reasons were was a moot point, regardless. Inanna had a plan already in motion to do away with the entire system; at least in this universe and perhaps the other sealed universes. This one was a certainty. What the planned entailed wasn't entirely made clear.

...Me...

That, however, what piqued her interest. The mention of Lampton, the being that Auroc wanted to find so dearly, made her hum in interest. The creature knew of a ritual that allowed the recipient, in the Oni's own words, to transcend their race. There were many things that phrase could have meant, but given the context, only one definition fit perfectly. "It's a ritual to obtain godhood."

...Ha...

It was a goal Sarada had made known was a desire of hers on several occasions. Parsley herself also wanted to reach this knew plateau. Super Saiyan was the pinnacle of their race, but the introduction of Rousong during the tournament and Knight Kakarot proved beyond the shadow of all doubt that there was still more power to obtain from the form. Even Parsley and Sarada managed to surpass the legendary form, however briefly. Yet, to realize that a Saiyan's true potential could rise even to the divine realm of gods was a staggering thought.

...Me...

"How is this ritual performed? Tell me. Oh, and..."

The clone of Parsley appeared in front of Inanna and thrust her hands forward. "SPIRAL FLASH!!"

Inanna quirked an eyebrow at Parsley's comment, before responding. "Godhood? I suppose, for a mortal that'd certainly be the end result. Stripping away the limitations of one's mortality and species. For those like Lampton, and myself? He became, and I'll become something else entirely." Provided she survived, of course; but that seemed like a trivial detail.

Still unsure of where Parsley was, but sure the woman was up to something, Inanna simply continued to maintain her Dimensional Cachexia until such time as the Saiyan made her move. Which ultimately came in a rather curious way: Parsley blinking in so that she could use a Ki attack. Given that the Princess was certainly aware by now how fruitless that would be point blank it did give rise for some concern... and yet the blast itself amounted to nothing more than a quick and sudden burst of energy that just as quickly fizzled out.

"I can't say it'd be worth much to you, the Ritual. At least for now." Inanna continued on, ignoring the Parsley in front of her for the time being. "I don't know how to perform it, only what you need; besides that... why would I simply give that information away?"

It seemed for the moment though, that Inanna was quite content to simply keep standing there.

"Kinda cute, the Spiral Flash."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna quirked an eyebrow at Parsley's comment, before responding. "Godhood? I suppose, for a mortal that'd certainly be the end result. Stripping away the limitations of one's mortality and species. For those like Lampton, and myself? He became, and I'll become something else entirely." Provided she survived, of course; but that seemed like a trivial detail.

Still unsure of where Parsley was, but sure the woman was up to something, Inanna simply continued to maintain her Dimensional Cachexia until such time as the Saiyan made her move. Which ultimately came in a rather curious way: Parsley blinking in so that she could use a Ki attack. Given that the Princess was certainly aware by now how fruitless that would be point blank it did give rise for some concern... and yet the blast itself amounted to nothing more than a quick and sudden burst of energy that just as quickly fizzled out.

"I can't say it'd be worth much to you, the Ritual. At least for now." Inanna continued on, ignoring the Parsley in front of her for the time being. "I don't know how to perform it, only what you need; besides that... why would I simply give that information away?"

It seemed for the moment though, that Inanna was quite content to simply keep standing there.

"Kinda cute, the Spiral Flash."
    The clone's Spiral Flash fizzled out before it barely made it a few feet out of its hands. Parsley narrowed her eyes. Static was all Observational Focus could tell her, but that was enough for her to know that what she intended to do wasn't going to work. She stored the ki she had built until such a time she felt comfortable that what she was trying to do would actually work.

"Why would you? Why would you not?" There was a reason she decided to withhold that information from her of all people. With narrowed eyes, she continued, "You're withhold more than the mechanics of the ritual. The side effects, perhaps?" There was a reason she had not initiated the ritual already. If it was only temporary, then she would have just said so. It must have been something more drastic. "Regardless, I intend on earning that knowledge, if that's what it takes."

She revealed herself by shooting into the air. She was unsure where this... static reception she was getting ended, but she was about to find out. A ball of white light formed in her hand and exploded when she tossed it above her.

Corona Disruption
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The light of protection wreathed about the spear shone out. It caught his inner light like a spike of pearl, and as the Purifying Aura extended itself, and spun about its wielder, when it struck out it lanced through the assembled darkness.

It was a struggle that went beyond mere force, and therein lay the difference.

Blacktongue's power was based in that which captivated those to enthralled to submission. A show of great force is only magnified by the ability to seize upon the archetype of power set fixed within a naive mind, and so totally had the local population in their primitive beliefs been taken in by the shroud that their knowledge of this terror and pain was nigh absolute.

Held's magic clashed against the withersome darkness, the Herald's handiwork still resisted against that white-hot point cast upon the spear. Gradually it fell, and like a point pressed through a hollow glass dome, the rendered thorns of shadow broke, their vines snapping as they attempted to grasp Purification in its Decay, until it diminished upon single point, resolved upon a phantom image of man.

Those who cultivate power also cultivate an image infallible. But the power of the Unicorns of Old granted Held his protection, and with it the antithesis of those who took such fearful faith for granted. And of Lord Markus Blacktongue's lethal deception of death shrouded in a peace offering, it was as thin as the illusion cast about this temple chamber.

The awesome expanse of the throne room as presented shrank. Its splendid columns and geometric altars dissolved from view, flying apart into the remnants of the jungle mists. An obelisk throne, behind which the bio-mechanical lights pulsed dimly as the image subsided. Leaving the Nevadian warrior standing face to face before the Herald of Auroc.

Screeching metal-on-metal echoed through the diminished hall, a dark gauntlet seizing the shaft of the spear, struggling to arrest further movement even as the palm smoked with the sharp smell of ozone. Held had speared the Threshling clean through the centre mass, the tip scraping the stone behind him as the light of purification danced violent shadows over them all. Blacktongue had fallen to a knee, yet even with this injury matched his attacker's strength. What formidable power was cast through the font of belief, even now? His magician's power drawn from the collective was slowly giving him the strength to stand.

"Hold him down."

Zaofan walked forward, the staff at his side seemed to burn in his knotted grip. Held's comrades had been released from that domineering aura by his swift action, and the Herald of Auroc swiftly found himself outnumbered. All he had left was his words.

"Well met, interlopers," Blacktongue hissed. Though he'd been struck, his innate power still seemed to dwarf theirs. The flaming corona about his eight-eyed helm shrank, the portholes of his sight burning like coals. "The faith of the Sons of Nevadia, it will be a boon to steer such devotion to Our strength."

The draw of his voice seemed to lengthen, like a deep growl carried on each inflected syllable, and the air thickened.

"Hail Auroc," the spell started, the techno-organic alloy firmament shaking under their feet. "The mark of divinity struck upon the True Path to Bind Thee-"

It was then Ochazuke spoke a single command.

"Silence."

Through a particularly focused kiai carried through his speech, when it hit the Threshling Lord his body went limp, and the rattling grip upon the Nevadian Spear loosening, till Held found no further resistance, as it punched clean through into the floor.

Not giving Blacktongue even a scant moment to recompose himself, Zaofan swung his staff into his slack legs. They knew well the resilience of his kind, but despite the Threshling's pliable anatomy, the reflex had been arrested, targeted by Ochazuke's attack the Herald's very spirit - and with it its fundamental will over his body.

The unbraced femur bones broke under katchin, one side after the other, and Blacktongue fell slack, seated ineffectually upon these shattered legs. The Martial Artist then callously struck him precisely where the spinal column met his skull.

While Sir Markus Blacktongue, Herald of Auroc yet lived, with his magic, his speech, and his body now sealed, for the moment he had been retired.

"That leaves the Priestess," Ochazuke said.
    The Nevadian spared a glance at the Herald, now broken, his message not only falling on deaf ears, but not mute to so much as proclaim it to the wind.

"You know, speaking well is half the game..." Held gripped the spear with both hands, removing it from stone and foe alike, "The other half is deciding what to say, and what to leave unspoken..."

He let out a sigh of relief, that part of their battle completed, even if there was more work to be done.

"Perhaps, next time, we might find ourselves better off to start with what I would gain, rather than what you would take..Consider it constructive criticism, if you like."

He turned away from his foe, to his friends.

"I see you two are as sharp as ever." Held replied with a smirk, "Hardly a wasted movement....Maybe I should have left this to you all, and kept filling out paperwork after all..."

Held grimaced in pain as visions of notepads danced in his head.

"...Then again, It's always good to see old friends."

The M Fighters now stood upon the very apex of the Obsidian Ziggurat. From here on the peaked roof, where the point scraped against the sky, they felt its monolith build towering over the population below. The temples by its foundations were simply miniscule, stone houses built for old gods forgotten in the presence of those who came from above, siphoning the worship put over their altars. Though they felt the heat of the sun above them, the winds howled, and the sky fell as dark as sackcloth.

The natives clashed with the Converted, pale fleshy dots below scattered in the clearing. Even from this distance, all at once they stopped in their tracks and seized.

Upon this monument raised in Auroc's name, from the highest parapet she descended.

The eerie calm that descended over the land put a chill over the Nevadian as the High Priestess arrived from above to meet them, he very presence staunching the flow of battle, a tourniquet to stanch the endless bloodletting of the world below them.

So....This is the true Architect of Auroc's will on this planet?

"I don't suppose you're more willing to parlay than your fellow believers were?" Held asked, the vision of the Shingan focusing upon her enigmatic visage to discern her nature, "Then again....Perhaps I was in error to discuss diplomatic matters with a mere messenger..."

I doubt she'll be any more willing to talk, but I can't say I didn't make an attempt....

The point of the spear was lowered, but the mind of the Nevadian was poised for battle, judging the distance between the two parties, and the trajectory of a well placed spear to meet the distance between them.

"Blacktongue spoke well, but I can tell that he was only permitted to preach the gospel of Auroc, hardly to determine what is or is not in his best intrests....I get the impression you are somewhat more...flexible regarding the limits of your station."
    Last edited by Miburo; 06-09-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing this, and remembering back to the impromptu mission with Pinach, the aftereffects of that, Dash could feel a knot forming in her stomach.

She had been listening intently to the briefly, so much so that she almost didn't hear Praxat next to her. Turning her attention to her friend, her expression was a mix of unease and distraction, "Ah..um, no, you go on an ah'll meet you there later. Gonna stay here and learn as much as ah can about the Threshlings an what we might be facing." In the back of her mind, Dash wished that she and Praxat had had more time to train, a problem she'll have only a handful of hours to deal with.
    "Hmm, on second, thought maybe I should stay here for a while and learn as much as I can about The Threshlings, and we might be facing too," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Hmm, on second, thought maybe I should stay here for a while and learn as much as I can about The Threshlings, and we might be facing too," Praxat said.
    "You know, Prax," as Dash snaps out of her deep thought, "maybe we should spend some more time trainin. Ah know you want to check out the ships engines, but after that we could use what Kai taught us and at least get some sparring in."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The clone's Spiral Flash fizzled out before it barely made it a few feet out of its hands. Parsley narrowed her eyes. Static was all Observational Focus could tell her, but that was enough for her to know that what she intended to do wasn't going to work. She stored the ki she had built until such a time she felt comfortable that what she was trying to do would actually work.

"Why would you? Why would you not?" There was a reason she decided to withhold that information from her of all people. With narrowed eyes, she continued, "You're withhold more than the mechanics of the ritual. The side effects, perhaps?" There was a reason she had not initiated the ritual already. If it was only temporary, then she would have just said so. It must have been something more drastic. "Regardless, I intend on earning that knowledge, if that's what it takes."

She revealed herself by shooting into the air. She was unsure where this... static reception she was getting ended, but she was about to find out. A ball of white light formed in her hand and exploded when she tossed it above her.

Corona Disruption
    "The ritual opens the doorway to ascension. I've yet to trigger the... transformation." Inanna admitted. "Similar to your Super Saiyan transformation, I should think... and yet it may well kill even me." No sense lying about it really. Death was a strong deterrent.

"Besides, it'd be a waste."

The blinding flash of light that followed Inanna's response was certainly enough to destract her; as she made to shield her eyes, the Dimensional Cachexia was cut off within the moment... though it did reveal two things. One, that there were two Parsley now, and that the real one was overhead... what bad day to be Parsley-2.

"... Much like this clone was."

Katchin claws glistening in the aurelian glow; the clone's amdomen would find itself ripped into so Inanna could use its blood as fuel. The spell that took hold serving to boost the former Oni's strength as she prepared for the inevitable.

"Hm..."

Cupping her hands at her side, to begin charging her own attack, the golden-eyed woman IT'd out of sight. Though the conversation continued telepathically.

"Will that shield of yours survive Hakai, I wonder..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"The ritual opens the doorway to ascension. I've yet to trigger the... transformation." Inanna admitted. "Similar to your Super Saiyan transformation, I should think... and yet it may well kill even me." No sense lying about it really. Death was a strong deterrent.

"Besides, it'd be a waste."

The blinding flash of light that followed Inanna's response was certainly enough to destract her; as she made to shield her eyes, the Dimensional Cachexia was cut off within the moment... though it did reveal two things. One, that there were two Parsley now, and that the real one was overhead... what bad day to be Parsley-2.

"... Much like this clone was."

Katchin claws glistening in the aurelian glow; the clone's amdomen would find itself ripped into so Inanna could use its blood as fuel. The spell that took hold serving to boost the former Oni's strength as she prepared for the inevitable.

"Hm..."

Cupping her hands at her side, to begin charging her own attack, the golden-eyed woman IT'd out of sight. Though the conversation continued telepathically.

"Will that shield of yours survive Hakai, I wonder..."
    It was as Parsley suspected, something more drastic than a simple time limit. The risk of death fell even upon a goddess apparent who had developed God Ki. What hope did she or Sarada have. None, it seemed. The only recourse left for them was the maximize the potential the Super Saiyan form and all its plateaus offered before moving forward. It was just as well. They worked hard to unlock this legendary form; it wouldn't do to simply cast it aside immediately after for a superior form and all its divine glory.

"Fine. I-" She cut herself off abruptly when her clone was violently ripped into, its blood used as fuel to empower the former Oni even further. "..." When she disappeared, Parsley brought forth the azure ki she charged earlier into the space between her cupped hands.

"We'll see," she replied telepathically. "Surely, after the bluster your former self displayed at Asha'rah's idiocy and hypocrisy, you wouldn't stoop to making the same brain-dead blunder she made with this destructive power."

Observational Insight

Where are you hiding, she thought to herself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You know, Prax," as Dash snaps out of her deep thought, "maybe we should spend some more time trainin. Ah know you want to check out the ships engines, but after that we could use what Kai taught us and at least get some sparring in."
    " Yeah, I think that's a good idea," Praxat said. Praxat then takes out her phone and uses her Bioelectromagnetism to levitate her phone in the air. " I have gotten better at controlling, my Bioelectromagnetism haven't I," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

OOC: Cleric, has the impromptu briefing ended? Or are questions still being addressed?

It was as Parsley suspected, something more drastic than a simple time limit. The risk of death fell even upon a goddess apparent who had developed God Ki. What hope did she or Sarada have. None, it seemed. The only recourse left for them was the maximize the potential the Super Saiyan form and all its plateaus offered before moving forward. It was just as well. They worked hard to unlock this legendary form; it wouldn't do to simply cast it aside immediately after for a superior form and all its divine glory.

"Fine. I-" She cut herself off abruptly when her clone was violently ripped into, its blood used as fuel to empower the former Oni even further. "..." When she disappeared, Parsley brought forth the azure ki she charged earlier into the space between her cupped hands.

"We'll see," she replied telepathically. "Surely, after the bluster your former self displayed at Asha'rah's idiocy and hypocrisy, you wouldn't stoop to making the same brain-dead blunder she made with this destructive power."

Observational Insight

Where are you hiding, she thought to herself.
    "I]"Were you the same person when you came back? I should think not~" Came the bemused, response. "I]"Ishtar was no more 'Inanna', than you are. A person... a personality, designed by Zurvan to replace Indar'en; perpetuate a broken system. Inanna- who I am now, because of that- is its opposite." Parsley's search would yield results in the form of brief flashes; the woman seemed to be constantly repositioning herself with IT.

"In fairness though, I'm neither as hypocritical as Asha'rah, or inept. Already, I do things with Hakai she couldn't even hope to strive for. Besides..." and then Inanna was right in front of her.

"Who better to test it, than me?"

"Hak-" she began fist glowing purple-black, before stopping just short of discharging annihilation... in favor of throwing a hellacious right. Though it was curious, admittedly, why she might both reveal herself; attempting to hit her through her layered defense, while also opening herself to attack.

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OOC: Cleric, has the impromptu briefing ended? Or are questions still being addressed?
    Either way.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Either way.
    OOC: then I have at least one question.

IC: Dash feels the bracelet in her pocket, then looks to the others, "You say this bracelet should protect us. Ah'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how will we know when to use it? Do we wear it all the time? Or only put it on when needed?"

OOC: then I have at least one question.

IC: Dash feels the bracelet in her pocket, then looks to the others, "You say this bracelet should protect us. Ah'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how will we know when to use it? Do we wear it all the time? Or only put it on when needed?"
    Durive would answer her query himself, but as he could not speak he simply stared blankly at Dash for twenty minutes.

"Waiting to wait, I grow tired of waiting..."

The ritual of mortals before battles had once intrigued him, bringing back memories of watching with curiosity as early humanity shouted war chants and had grand feasts on the eve of war, but Rex had long since grown tired of rituals and wordy preparations. How he longed for the simplistic days of throwing oneself into battle with only one's overwhelming power being the deciding factor.

"... it should not be this complicated to kill a would-be god."