Page 114 of 371 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking away from Mourn, "Hey, Prax." Dash asked her friend, "Which do you want to do first? Check out the Engine room, or spend a few hours trainin in the Mindscape?"
    " I want to check the Engine room first, then we can get some training in, and I have my own question for Mourn. Commissioner Mourn, how good is the electrical resistance on these bracelet devices?" Praxat said as she uses her Bioelectromagnetism to put her phone back in her right coat pocket.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Looking over to Edan, Dash simply wondered why she wasted her time asking. Still, she acknowledged the response with a "Thank you" and a polite nod, then turned her attention back to Praxat, "Come on, we got a whole lot of things to do"
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I want to check the Engine room first, then we can get some training in, and I have my own question for Mourn. Commissioner Mourn, how good is the electrical resistance on these bracelet devices?" Praxat said as she uses her Bioelectromagnetism to put her phone back in her right coat pocket.
    With a shrug of her own, Dash leans back against a structural pillar in the ship and waits patiently. While she is waiting, she forms a small ball of ki in the palm of one hand, then tosses it into the other. She keeps doing this back and forth for a while, waiting on Praxat to get her answer.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default The Synchronous Fate of Salaman Naptha: Part 1

The squawking of seagulls and the lapping of waves filled Shōchū's ears as she trekked across the sandy shores, the pungent oceanic scent numbing her nostrils to the smells of anything else. Despite the coordinates listed in her databases, there were no signs that a villa had ever resided here. Outdated information? A glitch perhaps? Her organic brain ached with frustration as all she could find was the dual horizons of blue on blue beyond the white sands.

Despite its size and remote nature, the Isle of Rotisserie was not lacking in occupants. Aside from an abundance of fauna both within and out of the waters, there had been a sizeable port town that shared the island's namesake, filled with citizens who greeted her warmly; however, that warmth grew chilly when they were asked about Naptha. It was not her business to pry into the reasons behind the decline of any relationship the owner of the island had with his fellow occupants, but it was apparent that the man had gathered something of a dark lore about him, judging by the hush whispers. While their misgivings lied with Naptha, the citizens were more than eager to offer her a bed rest and good food that which they spoke boasted of with hometown prided, but she knew neither would sate her curiosity. Eventually, she had managed to get an answer from a handful of them, who peppered their words with cautious warnings as last-ditch efforts to make her see reason, but their concern for her would be in vain, for she was all too eager to depart. The villa laid on the opposite end of the isle, or so she was told; alas, she had found nothing but the slowly vanishing footprints of her circular wanderings being lapped away by the tides.

"Something's not right..."

How long had she been wandering like this? An hour, two tops? A quick glance to her intel placed it at nineteen. While it was comforting to know her suspicions were right, it did little to ease the distress of not understanding what was happening. What had she been doing all this time? Trying to think back brought the sensation of a deep gnawing itch in her brain and what could only be described as a mental buzzing. She recoiled at first, like flinching from the precipice of an abyss, yet there was a morbid, masochistic urge to revisit it, similar to one poking at the scabs of an injury. The mental buzzing grew more prominent, the itching more intolerable, but her curiosity drove her further to focus on those memories.

She found the villa... no there was only empty shoreline...

There was the villa... wait, she could have sworn she just saw it...

There it was! Finally, she could... wait... had she gone mad? There was nothing here...
    The memories came flooding back but they quickly vanished, leaving a void of information concerning the villa's discovery. The acknowledgment of the erasure of data from her organic mind prompted her cybernetic to act, taking over completely and while her scanners and sensors could pick nothing her organic mind hadn't experienced, it did the only thing that made sense: activating her chrononaut. Time slowed to a stand still and it was in this snapshot of reality that Shōchū found herself standing before the villa. Seated atop a pillar of earth being slowly eroded to instability by water and wind, the tower-like building was attached to the main island by a single outstretch of rock and stone grasping at it like some giant's arm.

She found herself faced with a thousand reasons for this phenomenon, yet she knew none of them would properly answer this. The only way she would find a possible explanation for the mounting questions she had was to quickly delve within.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Despite her keen timing and precision actions, Parsley still found herself on the receiving end of the punch. How? It took a brief moment to realize, but she had become a victim of her own prodigal talent. Inanna had stolen one of her techniques and used it against her. So, that's what it feels like, she groused silently when Inanna disappeared again. If she were still incapable of locating her, she would have been in a worse mood. Instead, she simply let her senses sift through the residual ki again.

"An treasure is only as secure as its weakest guard," she said as she closed in on the inevitable void. "You can't hide from me." For the second time, she stored away the ki she had been charging in favor of using it later. Translucent baubles formed at the edge of her fingertips. "Why not come out into the open so we can finish this?"
    "Not hiding," came Inanna's cryptic reply.

Which was only half true. The woman was certainly on the back-foot for a variety of reasons; but she'd also been testing the Saiyan's defenses. Most troublesome had been that not-quite-layered barrier of serrated and prismatic energy; but she was fairly confident such could be overcome with what she'd planned next. Of course Inanna knew she'd need to 'survive' the next engagement. What genuine fun~.

Inanna spilled her own blood, a considerable amount, and a clone to match her full power was created. Only for it to disappear- from sight and sense completely. While Inanna herself could only shake her head with a sigh.

The last piece of a bloody puzzle, and it was another gamble... But now came the fun.

IT'ing into the open- in cheeky compliance- Inanna spread her arms in welcome and shed pretense. "You're perhaps the biggest threat to me at the moment, you know~" the woman said, golden-eyes glimmering. "See... that mix of defense and counters is tricky to overcome without my usual killing intent. So what's say we fix that, mm?"

The golden-eyed woman cupped her hands Ki pooling between them as her power-level skyrocketed in preparation.

"Death..."

OT: Death From the Demon's Gate, next post.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian spared a glance at the Herald, now broken, his message not only falling on deaf ears, but not mute to so much as proclaim it to the wind.

"You know, speaking well is half the game..." Held gripped the spear with both hands, removing it from stone and foe alike, "The other half is deciding what to say, and what to leave unspoken..."
    Lord Blacktongue could not stir, both limbs and ki impeded directly from accessing the very font of power they all stood upon at this very moment. The only response, if indeed he had one, was that the wound Held inflicted upon him ceased its bleeding, the killer intent within the Threshling Herald spiking impotently, unable to guide the flesh-prison encased within his sable armour.

"Well said," Ulysses muttered groggily, wearily switching off his force shield. "All the same, what do we do with this one now? He's too dangerous to be left alive."

"You may be right," Ochazuke replied, "But there are answers we'll need to extract from him. Stand watch for now, Captain. The internal bind should seize his movement, but if he stirs from it, I leave it to your discretion."

He let out a sigh of relief, that part of their battle completed, even if there was more work to be done.

"Perhaps, next time, we might find ourselves better off to start with what I would gain, rather than what you would take..Consider it constructive criticism, if you like."

He turned away from his foe, to his friends.

"I see you two are as sharp as ever." Held replied with a smirk, "Hardly a wasted movement....Maybe I should have left this to you all, and kept filling out paperwork after all..."

Held grimaced in pain as visions of notepads danced in his head.

"...Then again, It's always good to see old friends."
    Zaofan clapped a hand over Held's shoulder, the tired smile on his face reciprocating his words in kind as Ochazuke led the way forward

"It was a very long voyage, but on the upside it did make for plentiful training, and then some," Zaofan said, the usual brilliant glimmer rising in his eyes. "Those navigators, they sure can eat, let me tell you..." Just as swiftly, they'd lost their lustre as his thoughts grew nearer to the task at hand. "If only we'd gotten here sooner..."

"By all appearances I thought this would be a simpler matter than what happened on Nevada Prime," the Martial Apostate replied, "the Wayfinder resonating with Guardian's Creation led our way, we only needed a vessel to cross the distance, but the true face of the Threshling enemy is far more insidious than I first thought."

"To strike down an enemy, to route him by force, that can be met well enough. But to unseat an idea seeded by domineering fear is like trying to extract roots to save branches."

The eerie calm that descended over the land put a chill over the Nevadian as the High Priestess arrived from above to meet them, he very presence staunching the flow of battle, a tourniquet to stanch the endless bloodletting of the world below them.

So....This is the true Architect of Auroc's will on this planet?

"I don't suppose you're more willing to parlay than your fellow believers were?" Held asked, the vision of the Shingan focusing upon her enigmatic visage to discern her nature, "Then again....Perhaps I was in error to discuss diplomatic matters with a mere messenger..."

I doubt she'll be any more willing to talk, but I can't say I didn't make an attempt....

The point of the spear was lowered, but the mind of the Nevadian was poised for battle, judging the distance between the two parties, and the trajectory of a well placed spear to meet the distance between them.

"Blacktongue spoke well, but I can tell that he was only permitted to preach the gospel of Auroc, hardly to determine what is or is not in his best intrests....I get the impression you are somewhat more...flexible regarding the limits of your station."
    The Priestess made no speech where they stood beneath Auroc's mythicized effigy. She slinked forward, a soundless, swarthy shadow adorned with ghostly trails of sheer and swaying beads beneath a bejeweled mitre. The uncanny silence which wreathed the Priestess' roost was broken by that trickle of noise below, and they could be hear them even from this height.

The sea of commonfolk warriors and Threshling Converts parted from their fateful combat cowed in fretful awe, roars of alternating reverence and fearful rebellion from the multitudes below. Under that blackened sky, the devoted on both sides sent their Champions their prayers, and very swiftly this group of offworlders understood the difference as she answered her Anointed.

The Ziggurat loaned Blacktongue its power, but the Priestess was the bridge between what was collected...and where it was ultimately going. They who had installed themselves as god, in turn, prayed to another. She raised a hand to the setting sun and the world seemed to fall into an eclipse as she raised her hands.

Immediately cast a Runic Array about them. It was then that they realized that each corner of the terrace atop this spire was designed to amplify the energy of the Faithful, enacting their prayers.

"And who are you to make demands of the Universal Sovereign?"

Thunder roared, and a shower of lightning fell upon them, their brilliance resolving themselves in electric truncheons that crackled within her hands.

"To declare yourselves in equal measure to a god, it is blasphemy," she said, "The cardinal sin which must be excised from this and all worlds."

The Dark Prayer put over the Threshling Temple swelled, and a bloody voice they'd heard so long ago echoed over the terrace.

"The purity of the Faith will overcome your barbarism!"

With a swipe of her hand, an arcing plasma trail fell upon the group in resonance with the rising voice from beyond. She threw it down, not at them, but into the midst of those defiant ones below, cruelly smiting a row of the rebellious to ashes.

"I believe! The Pure shall be raised and the Fallen shall be purged!"

Throwing her hands before her, the Priestess loosed another flood of power, burning plasma arcing towards them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Not hiding," came Inanna's cryptic reply.

Which was only half true. The woman was certainly on the back-foot for a variety of reasons; but she'd also been testing the Saiyan's defenses. Most troublesome had been that not-quite-layered barrier of serrated and prismatic energy; but she was fairly confident such could be overcome with what she'd planned next. Of course Inanna knew she'd need to 'survive' the next engagement. What genuine fun~.

Inanna spilled her own blood, a considerable amount, and a clone to match her full power was created. Only for it to disappear- from sight and sense completely. While Inanna herself could only shake her head with a sigh.

The last piece of a bloody puzzle, and it was another gamble... But now came the fun.

IT'ing into the open- in cheeky compliance- Inanna spread her arms in welcome and shed pretense. "You're perhaps the biggest threat to me at the moment, you know~" the woman said, golden-eyes glimmering. "See... that mix of defense and counters is tricky to overcome without my usual killing intent. So what's say we fix that, mm?"

The golden-eyed woman cupped her hands Ki pooling between them as her power-level skyrocketed in preparation.

"Death..."

OT: Death From the Demon's Gate, next post.
    "I like to imagine I'm everyone's biggest threat," Parsley remarked in reply to the high praise. There weren't too many people that she knew of that could give Inanna a hard time, so to be counted among the few by the woman herself was a nice confidence boost.

Inanna finally made herself known, hands cupped together and a massive pool of energy gathering between them. Death... The finality of the single word uttered brought a coupling of memories in regards the attack that soon followed. She witnessed first hand the devastation that energy brought when it annihilated the fused being Marshub to the point that nothing would be able to bring either him or the two Onis who comprised his being back from death beyond death.

She, naturally, had no fear of that happening to her. This was, after all, a sparring match. However, she was curious if her newfound power could contend with the goddess'. "Finally." Her power flared, pushed to its limit as a wreath of golden fire enshrouded her. The blue energy of the Kamehameha once again manifested, only this time in the palm of a single hand.

Perfect Intuition: Galick Gun

In her opposite hand, the violet embers of the legendary Galick Gun coalesced together. Two similar energies only differentiated by their hue, combining them together would be no great feat of difficulty. "Galick..." She cupped her hands together at her sides, forcing the two opposing balls of energy together in a volatile mish-mash. "Kaaaa...Meeeee...Haaaaa...Meeeeeee...."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With a shrug of her own, Dash leans back against a structural pillar in the ship and waits patiently. While she is waiting, she forms a small ball of ki in the palm of one hand, then tosses it into the other. She keeps doing this back and forth for a while, waiting on Praxat to get her answer.
    Glancing up to see if Praxat was still talking to the crew, Dash then looked down to the Ki ball in her hand. With minimal effort, she reabsorbed the ki back into herself, then cupped both hands and formed a doubled sized Ki ball. With a deft movement, she placed it on her finger and started it spinning as she worked to keep it balanced. The color of the ki shifted through various shades of blue as it rotated like a miniature Neptune.

Last edited by Tami; 06-15-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Glancing up to see if Praxat was still talking to the crew, Dash then looked down to the Ki ball in her hand. With minimal effort, she reabsorbed the ki back into herself, then cupped both hands and formed a doubled sized Ki ball. With a deft movement, she placed it on her finger and started it spinning as she worked to keep it balanced. The color of the ki shifted through various shades of blue as it rotated like a miniature Neptune.

While waiting for Mourn to answer her question, Praxat uses her bio electromagnetism to take her phone out of her right coat pocket. Then she uses it to make her phone rotate around her body like a satellite.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

While waiting for Mourn to answer her question, Praxat uses her bio electromagnetism to take her phone out of her right coat pocket. Then she uses it to make her phone rotate around her body like a satellite.
    With a gentle nudge of her hand, Dash sends the ki ball upwards a few inches, then catches it with both hands, reabsorbing the ki as she does. Once the ki ball is gone, she looks over to Praxat, "Neat trick, Prax."

Default On Majin: Addendum Part 1

The exact origin of a Majin is a mystery to most Majin themselves though they have little cause to care. Formed of chaos itself, they're born of magic but not are not beholden to it. Thoughts often erractic, childlike and violent, this dangerous combination would cause them to be the name of the universe were they ever summoned in large numbers...or perhaps not. Often times making do no not necessarily treat their own kin any different from any other sentient being they encounter.

The problem children the galaxy, but much more ancient than many races, studying them could perhaps provide insight to civilizations of old if done from afar. But no Majin cares for this. No pure Majin anyway. They were not purely instinctual, but rather hid a malicious cunning behind a veneer of complete stupidity. If a Majin were to stand still and observe a miment, one would be surprised to discover what was retained before they meet a sudden death.

Occasionally one would enhance their intellect via absorbing an organic being but rare was the case that this would change their lack of compassion, although it certainly increased the chances of that happening. It could be considered dangerous in fact, as Majin would retain their malicious streak but gain focus, ambition, goals. And certain traits such as greed and selfishness would increase tenfold.

On the other hand, the gained self-reflection and sense of pathos could allow a Majin to hold back their relentless urge to destroy, feed, and repeat. Sasheem, for all his evil ways, had felt some sense of remorse for his truly senseless actions upon the Snake School, felt attachment for the delicacies of Earth, a planet he decided to even take a vow to protect because he at least called it a home.

At his core, he was still self serving. His goals happened to assist others and so he often teamed with those he outwardly and loudly despised to benefit himself. Even if it were for something as letter as just to show them up. It didn't always entirely make semse, but even with increased intellect, a Majin's mind was chaos. Sasheem himself was somewhat aware of this. It was an alien mindset to most stoopid organic creatures, which was one thing that bothered him so much about Auroc. His entire plan was entirely too...focused. And pathetic.

Making should want to have fun, to destroy, fight, and eat. Auroc wanted control. He wanted love. A twisted forced love, but the sort of evil that Majim's seemed incapable of. They weren't warlords they were berserkers. Ruling a universe was boring when you could destroy it instead. So, what was this wretched speck staining the window of their reality? A Proto-Majin, after all, was still a Majin.

But perhaps not. Sasheem saw Auroc partly as a pretender to the name. So defeated her would revert to an egg?! Bah. The lack of craftiness, the instinct to survive no matter the cost. The only kind of god a Majin should expire to be is one that dealt in destruction. However...even a disgrace of a Majin such as Auroc could adapt.

Sasheem figured...it was something to contemplate further, grumbling grumpy as he raided the ship's kitchens, aiming to get his hands on every last burger stored therein before the Saiyans were able to catch so much as a whiff of them

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hilda walked out of the botany area, her cloak barely covering her tall frame. She made her way to the mess-hall, most of the GP officers ignoring her. Not being rude, of course, but she was only seen when she wished.

She sat in the mess hall, ordered a drink, allowed herself to be seen and then sat down and watched the Majin slowly eat every burger the ship had in stock.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hilda walked out of the botany area, her cloak barely covering her tall frame. She made her way to the mess-hall, most of the GP officers ignoring her. Not being rude, of course, but she was only seen when she wished.

She sat in the mess hall, ordered a drink, allowed herself to be seen and then sat down and watched the Majin slowly eat every burger the ship had in stock.
    Sasheem continued to show down on burgers, of varying vsrieties, when out of the corner of his eye, he noticed someone arrive nearby....and she was looking his way.

He continued to show down on the burgers now turning around and facing the woman's direction, glaring right back. He didn't know who the hell.she was but she didn't looks like any GP officer he's seen before, and he never recalled seeing her at the lookout before.

If she was a threat, she wasn't attacking but all the same, he erred in the side of caution. After all, what if she wanted some burgers?! "Ya ain't getting' any!" Sasheem managed to utter between bites, continuing to glare back at this new arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem continued to show down on burgers, of varying vsrieties, when out of the corner of his eye, he noticed someone arrive nearby....and she was looking his way.

He continued to show down on the burgers now turning around and facing the woman's direction, glaring right back. He didn't know who the hell.she was but she didn't looks like any GP officer he's seen before, and he never recalled seeing her at the lookout before.

If she was a threat, she wasn't attacking but all the same, he erred in the side of caution. After all, what if she wanted some burgers?! "Ya ain't getting' any!" Sasheem managed to utter between bites, continuing to glare back at this new arrival.
    Hilda tilts her head slightly, odd black eyes looking Sasheem over.

“Majin? A peculiar entity. Magic made, limited intelligence most of the time, endless appetite. Your name is Sasheem, yes?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hilda tilts her head slightly, odd black eyes looking Sasheem over.

“Majin? A peculiar entity. Magic made, limited intelligence most of the time, endless appetite. Your name is Sasheem, yes?”
    A vein began to throb on Sasheem's forhead. "Eh?! Limited..." He mutteted, a heavy frown on his face. It disappeared rather quickly, however as soon as he realized he had an opportunity to brag. "So, you've heard of Sasheem, eh? Maybe as destroyer of worlds. Maybe as savior of the Earth, " he responded smugly. "Sasheem has a wide range of accomplishments. ...but just who the hell are you, anyway?"

“Top notch. Hilda made sure they were well secured against such things.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM