Page 132 of 371 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

To clear things up and avoid editing multiple posts, we’ll just go with this instead.

The GP never picked you up. If you decide to travel via ship, the First Race ones you have will suffice. Instead, Hilda showed up at the Lookout (so dialogue with her still happened). Neva obviously knows the way, so all is good.

The GP is currently helping its’ ally, the Saiyan Empire, fend off and look for Tundra (and his associates who attacked). That explains why they are not around. They did however send Blizzar and Tanaki to Earth (Tanaki as pilot of Blizzar’s ship, Blizzar to help you guys). That way Blizzar is with you and Tanaki’s dialogue with Praxat and Dash still occurred (except for taking about the new engines). Tanaki will be watching over Earth in your absence. Talk of the Beast God can have happened between Rex and Tanaki instead.

At this moment, no time has been wasted. All those planning on heading to Threshling Space can still do so. Currently, the main group has yet to leave we’ll say and we shall pick it up from the Lookout. Chuan and Slak also made it to the Lookout.
    OOC: Trying to wrap my head around everything, so apologies if I miss a detail or so.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Beyond the boughs of dense jungle foliage and the waves of humidity that exhaled onto the plaza of stone and tile they tread upon, the scent of ash and cold blood surrounded them. Great torches lined stairways of carved stone leading upwards, temples devoted to an otherworldly totem. Yet all stood in the shadow of a large, obsidian ruin. By the look of it, the damage was fresh, and in front of its collapsed entryway lay the crown of a shattered idol; a beady-eyed, dark visage that appeared much like a certain Majin they were familiar with.

Ochazuke regarded Dash for a moment. The victorious natives dressed in plumage and skins eyed the others who joined their liberators, but besides a few stares they passed by with their captured prisoners in tow.

"One ought to be mindful of their immediate destination," he replied. "Particularly if it would be a Threshling Colony."

As they passed by, shambling with their hands bound in rope, they had a certain bearing that was similar to one of their comrades, Nevanlinna, but through their empty eyes they seemed much diminished relative to the Threshling princess. Moreover, their shapes were uncannily uniform, like clones created from some idealized template.

"They were the one people before, until Auroc's Faithful twist their flesh and minds to total devotion," he explained, "This world, Baradur, was one his Eye beheld and remade to suit his vain image."
    Impatience had driven him to go through the portal as well, determined to murder something within the next hour or else he'd go mad from the boredom.

Stepping out, the saurian was struck by the feeling of nostalgia. The thick, lush jungle, the primitive yet skillfully carved stonework, the garments of feather and pelt; it reminded him of Earth's youth, back when his kind still reigned. Oh how they used to prepare offerings to him atop their towers and how their savagery was... cute in its own way. A shame that their human kin did not understand them and chose to wipe them out eventually. Did these people also provide sacrifices? Looking for the telltale clues, all he saw were the ugly totems of Auroc, vandalized and shattered by this point, but the false god's hideousness was as clear as day. Some of the people, taken captive by those victorious in battle, bore the uncanny appearance of something molded to form. They were not born like this, but had been made this way.

"Looks like you all have been busy..."

Rex's voice had gained a certain tinge of cheerfulness back into it upon seeing this world and more importantly, Ochazuke. He would not be bored with the warrior around.

(This really is a horrible sight,") Praxat thought as she stretches, bending and twisting her body like a contortionist. The why Praxat bends and twists her body makes it seem as if she has no bones at all in her body. The only part of her body that doesn't bend or twist as Praxat stretches is her neck, due to it being so short that it's almost non-existent.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-19-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He'd never get the chance.

Inanna appeared without sound or sense, between the Nevadian and his starship. Looking around at the environs, the Oni-that-was tilted her head playfully before offering the man a wave. "So tell me Held, and make it quick~ Is this where I'll be bringing the others...?"
    In the moment between moments, Inanna was upon him.

Surprise fired in his synapses, before just as quickly subsiding. The technique had always thrown him off, but his training rarely allowed him to be overwhelmed...completely. Besides, he had made peace with the fact that any of those who had such an ability, would likely pop in and out at whim, with no thought given to courtesy.

Besides, he had more pressing matters than shock to attend to.

"...Damnit. I knew I shouldn't have acknowledged you." Held muttered, realizing his mistake, allowing his energy to be picked up on so easily.

He was just thankful she didn't see fit to visit him while upon his porcelain throne.

"....Hey, Inanna, long time no see." He replied, doing his best to carry on, "Hope you're doing well."

He shifted to the side, returning her wave with his own, before continuing his journey to his ship, "This is the place, Ochazuke can figure the rest of the stuff out. I have an appointment, take care!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he became aware of a portal, an energy reminiscent of Ishtar, yet subtly different. Several shadows emerged from it's depths.

Shit, she's not wasting any time here.

As he walked, he keyed in commands on his wrist comm, preparing the Galloping for take off.

don't be here, don't be here, don't be here
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-20-2020 at 05:09 PM.

[QUOTE=Miburo;5106101]

Surprise fired in his synapses, before just as quickly subsiding. The technique had always thrown him off, but his training rarely allowed him to be overwhelmed...completely. Besides, he had made peace with the fact that any of those who had such an ability, would likely pop in and out at whim, with no thought given to courtesy.

"...Damnit. I knew I shouldn't have acknowledged you." Held muttered, realizing his mistake, allowing his energy to be picked up on so easily.

He was just thankful she didn't see fit to visit him while upon his porcelain throne.

"....Hey, Inanna, long time no see." He replied, doing his best to carry on, "Hope you're doing well."

He shifted to the side, returning her wave with his own, before continuing his journey to his ship, "This is the place, Ochazuke can figure the rest of the stuff out. I have an appointment, take care!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he became aware of a portal, an energy reminiscent of Ishtar, yet subtly different.

As he walked, he keyed in commands on his wrist comm, preparing the Galloping for take off.

"Oh no you don't." Inanna replied with a pirouette. "As a man it's your duty to take responsibility for your actions. So you will; and I'll not have yet another 'ally' leave the task of saving the Universe to others while they cower in a galaxy far far away." One was far too many. Two would require... judgment.

"Don't make me destroy your ship, Held Debon."

She could buy him a new one of course, but it was a nice little starfighter.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Heh. Suppose it can't be helped," he shrugged, "Just hope she didn't forget about me, ha ha ha~!"

The awkward laughter left him with a strange stammer. Perhaps leaving a week before our anniversary wasn't the smartest move...but it needed to be done.

"Well when you've journeyed through the deserts of Nevada Prime before even beginning to prep for a battle like this, well, frankly, Parsley, it feels like we'd been training for three years nonstop," Zaofan snickered. His brows arched, and for a moment a part of the familiar, jovial light returned to his eyes, like the chef held some secret spice in reserve.

Still, the situation was dire. The fact that the Threshlings had made it to Earth and Vocado at all visibly struck him, as Zaofan blinked a bead of cold sweat out of his eyes.

"Mm...well, our navigator, Captain Ulysses should have the course plotted soon. Problem is, as I understand it, the Nevadian Navigator's Guild only provide exploratory vessels, not warships, and we'd only have one, besides, so we'd be short of backup or a way out once we find the place, which means we've have to take Reshlan head-on."

Leaning forward upon his staff, he chuckled as he looked to the ground.

"...listen to me, plotting to take over a planet," he sighed. "With Koorimaru and Sakin still out there, this isn't even going to be the end of it, either."
    "A civilian military will only get in the way," Parsley responded frankly. "It's better that we handle it ourselves." Battling an incumbent army was what Parsley had trained to do as a child, after all. Even if the intentions changed drastically, the tactical knowledge and intuition did not. An enemy army was an enemy army, regardless of the reason for the invasion.

When Zaofan, apparently at least partially reading her mind, spoke again, she scoffed. "Not taking over. Liberating. Auroc's filth has infested the Threshling long enough. Inanna has proven we have a means of removing his taint from their souls." She hoped she would be able to replicate the means, but if not, then this would take longer than she hoped. "When we're done, we'll hand the reigns to either Nevanlinna or her mother. Regardless, I have zero intention on conquering another world."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Out of the corner of his eye, he became aware of a portal, an energy reminiscent of Ishtar, yet subtly different. Several shadows emerged from it's depths.

In the distance, the feeble simpering of a hollow husk of a being who erroneously identified as a man caught her attention. Eyes narrowed, she turned to the source and caught sight of Held attempting to escape. "Pathetic," she spat loudly enough for the Nevadian "warrior" to hear. She left from Zaofan and approached the Admiral.

"Sarada speaks highly of you," she said. "Imagine my surprise and disgust when I hear accounts of your untenable cowardice. I see that we Saiyan woman are right-minded about you Nevadian men. You really are all spineless piss-ants lacking even the most basic of male qualities." She shook her head in complete disgust at the mewling display before her. "Our men have already taken two of your women. Perhaps they should take the rest, as you clearly are undeserving."

She held out the paper from before. "Here. Sarada told me to give this to you."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

"Oh no you don't." Inanna replied with a pirouette. "As a man it's your duty to take responsibility for your actions. So you will; and I'll not have yet another 'ally' leave the task of saving the Universe to others while they cower in a galaxy far far away." One was far too many. Two would require... judgment.

"As a man, I could fight from the front lines." Held replied with a chuckle, "But as an Admiral, it's technically better to lead from the rear. I mean, if I was to fall, it'd be somewhat difficult to find someone as clever, and as drunk as I am....I guess power level helps a bit also."

He shrugged.

"If running an exploration mission, reclaiming a captured planet, and personally helping to put some of Reshlan's finest conquerors in the brig isn't taking responsibility, I don't think you'd be happy unless I personally turned Auroc into a pincushion or something, which....."

He glanced at Inanna's fist, "Well, I was busy, but last I heard, you don't need any help from me in that regard..."

"Don't make me destroy your ship, Held Debon."

She could buy him a new one of course, but it was a nice little starfighter.
    Held blinked silently as Inanna issued her ultimatum. What was it with the Galaxy and his ships? It seemed like they were cursed.

He laughed slightly, before politely offering an explanation.

"I do like this ship....." Held admitted, "It was a gift from Jinzi.....It was a real hassle for him to rebuild it after the Chaff caused it to crash, and Avoca...."

He struggled for the words, pain in his heart.

".....Pillaged....It's contents...But, that wasn't too bad. Atleast it didn't explode like the ship that I barely made it to earth in. My ships are unfortunate ladies, it seems."

...Really, I could probably hire an attendant to do all the flying for me, but...Eh, they wouldn't be half as good.

"I'm not an idiot, Inanna. After the first two or so massive ship based disasters, even I realized that having a single ship with the life I lead, is a bit...optimistic."

He smiled, "So I have a half dozen now. I mean, I had to beg Jinzi, and the money I threw at him to donate to charity or whatever could power a small country, but hey. Worth it...."

He raised his hand, realizing he was pontificating far too much, when time was off the essence.

"Look, I'd love to go have Diplomatic Relations with Auroc's face and catch up with you all--Office work is killing me--but I'm trying to avoid a very uncomfortable conversation, with a woman who I believe is not entirely happy with me."

He glanced away from Inanna, his focus on his ship once more as he began to float into the air.

" I have a stellar record of a half decade of avoidance, and I'd like to get another five years at least, so.....Let's just say I believe in you all, and have a nice apology dinner for leaving you hanging, and we can take things from there?"

Okay, let me think, I need to lay low for awhile. I mean, I could just go back to base. It's not like Hilda can just waltz through my office, can she?.....Wait, can she?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A civilian military will only get in the way," Parsley responded frankly. "It's better that we handle it ourselves." Battling an incumbent army was what Parsley had trained to do as a child, after all. Even if the intentions changed drastically, the tactical knowledge and intuition did not. An enemy army was an enemy army, regardless of the reason for the invasion.

When Zaofan, apparently at least partially reading her mind, spoke again, she scoffed. "Not taking over. Liberating. Auroc's filth has infested the Threshling long enough. Inanna has proven we have a means of removing his taint from their souls." She hoped she would be able to replicate the means, but if not, then this would take longer than she hoped. "When we're done, we'll hand the reigns to either Nevanlinna or her mother. Regardless, I have zero intention on conquering another world."

In the distance, the feeble simpering of a hollow husk of a being who erroneously identified as a man caught her attention. Eyes narrowed, she turned to the source and caught sight of Held attempting to escape. "Pathetic," she spat loudly enough for the Nevadian "warrior" to hear. She left from Zaofan and approached the Admiral.

"Sarada speaks highly of you," she said. "Imagine my surprise and disgust when I hear accounts of your untenable cowardice. I see that we Saiyan woman are right-minded about you Nevadian men. You really are all spineless piss-ants lacking even the most basic of male qualities." She shook her head in complete disgust at the mewling display before her. "Our men have already taken two of your women. Perhaps they should take the rest, as you clearly are undeserving."

Held paused, floating in mid-air, saying nothing. His annoyance at this angry, sassy monkey who he barely spoke to for years, along with....his very pressing escape, weighed heavily on him.

"....You're....You're not a people person, are you?" He said at last, thrown off by the random aggression of the princess, "I can't say I'm surprised though. There's a debate among Nevadians--and the galaxy on how much of your 'reformations' are just talk, and if they'll actually stick when a new ruler takes over..."

He frowned, taking the paper. What could Sarada have bothered to send him a message for?

"I suppose I should be thankful that Saiyan rule is decided by the strongest, or I'd have a really hard time convincing anyone of their legitimacy, especially with you still around...."

He opened the paper, his eyes focusing upon their contents.

"Since Sarada is likely to stay in charge for the foreseeable future, I don't think I'm too worried about that sort of nasty thing."
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-20-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"As a man, I could fight from the front lines." Held replied with a chuckle, "But as an Admiral, it's technically better to lead from the rear. I mean, if I was to fall, it'd be somewhat difficult to find someone as clever, and as drunk as I am....I guess power level helps a bit also."

He shrugged.

"If running an exploration mission, reclaiming a captured planet, and personally helping to put some of Reshlan's finest conquerors in the brig isn't taking responsibility, I don't think you'd be happy unless I personally turned Auroc into a pincushion or something, which....."

He glanced at Inanna's fist, "Well, I was busy, but last I heard, you don't need any help from me in that regard..."

Held blinked silently as Inanna issued her ultimatum. What was it with the Galaxy and his ships? It seemed like they were cursed.

He laughed slightly, before politely offering an explanation.

"I do like this ship....." Held admitted, "It was a gift from Jinzi.....It was a real hassle for him to rebuild it after the Chaff caused it to crash, and Avoca...."

He struggled for the words, pain in his heart.

".....Pillaged....It's contents...But, that wasn't too bad. Atleast it didn't explode like the ship that I barely made it to earth in. My ships are unfortunate ladies, it seems."

...Really, I could probably hire an attendant to do all the flying for me, but...Eh, they wouldn't be half as good.

"I'm not an idiot, Inanna. After the first two or so massive ship based disasters, even I realized that having a single ship with the life I lead, is a bit...optimistic."

He smiled, "So I have a half dozen now. I mean, I had to beg Jinzi, and the money I threw at him to donate to charity or whatever could power a small country, but hey. Worth it...."

He raised his hand, realizing he was pontificating far too much, when time was off the essence.

"Look, I'd love to go have Diplomatic Relations with Auroc's face and catch up with you all--Office work is killing me--but I'm trying to avoid a very uncomfortable conversation, with a woman who I believe is not entirely happy with me."

He glanced away from Inanna, his focus on his ship once more as he began to float into the air.

" I have a stellar record of a half decade of avoidance, and I'd like to get another five years at least, so.....Let's just say I believe in you all, and have a nice apology dinner for leaving you hanging, and we can take things from there?"

Okay, let me think, I need to lay low for awhile. I mean, I could just go back to base. It's not like Hilda can just waltz through my office, can she?.....Wait, can she?
    “Hello Held.”

From behind him, a dawning presence fills the air and surrounds Held even as the greeting is whispered into his ear.

Hilda.

The pale and tall women smiles.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Held paused, floating in mid-air, saying nothing. His annoyance at this angry, sassy monkey who he barely spoke to for years, along with....his very pressing escape, weighed heavily on him.

"....You're....You're not a people person, are you?" He said at last, thrown off by the random aggression of the princess, "I can't say I'm surprised though. There's a debate among Nevadians--and the galaxy on how much of your 'reformations' are just talk, and if they'll actually stick when a new ruler takes over..."

He frowned, taking the paper. What could Sarada have bothered to send him a message for?

"I suppose I should be thankful that Saiyan rule is decided by the strongest, or I'd have a really hard time convincing anyone of their legitimacy, especially with you still around...."

He opened the paper, his eyes focusing upon their contents.

"Since Sarada is likely to stay in charge for the foreseeable future, I don't think I'm too worried about that sort of nasty thing."
    Held's attempt at a comeback elicited a sharp, mocking smile from her. "I'm actually quite a pleasant person to be around," Parsley responded, arms folded over her chest. "It's just that people like you: people who run from their problems instead of facing them head on like an actual warrior offends me to my core. I understand the circumstances of your... situation, but your response leaves much to be desired. Had you tried to fight for your freedom and failed, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, as I understand it, you ran almost immediately and avoided all contact with your betrothed. A pitiful display from one of your supposed esteem."

She assumed Held was ranked rather high in what passed for Nevada's army/navy/whatever. The rank of Admiral wasn't an easy one to come back, as she understood it. Perhaps it was deserved through merit and previous actions.

"The redemption is real, I assure you. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have this." She lifted up the small medallion denoting her position as next in line for the Saiyan throne should Sarada ever fall. "Sarada named me next in line until her daughter is of age. That means more than any asinine opinion you people pull out of your unicorn's backside.

The note said,

"Held,

Hilda told me how you keep ducking her. Thanks for confirming that you're a bitch.

-Your Queen,
    Sarada."

“Hello Held.”

From behind him, a dawning presence fills the air and surrounds Held even as the greeting is whispered into his ear.

Hilda.

"Well, well," Parsley chuckled. "Seems your luck has finally run out. I trust you know what to do. Just remember all of your greatest peers and contemporaries are watching." She then stepped back to watch the show with bated interest. She also recorded everything so Sarada could watch later.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"A corpse. Cheh."

Ochazuke heard the words. Yet the energy he'd traced toward the Threshling homeworld, so resonant with the fleeting remainder on this colony, was still as vibrant as the figment he'd encountered before.

"How neglectful. For a thing wrought from magic, leaving any remainder would not loose his foothold, least of all for a Majin," he brooded, "But now...you've forced him into a corner, and he has nowhere else to run. Let's bring this to an end, then."

"You would know most of all, though if Auroc had been brazen enough to attack a Saiyan world with Sarada seated upon the throne, it may indicate that he has consolidated his power," Ochazuke mused, "Luop brought his desperate tidings three years ago, but I am doubtful the situation is much the same."

He raised an eyebrow, however, at Nevanlinna's admission.

"You would cut a path through your false god and the scores of your own people that worship him,"

'Overkill.' How callous.

"And what happens then?"
    And what happens then? A simple question, but one with many possible answers... most of them varying levels of worrisome, and, even more troubling... many were not mutually exclusive. She, however, had determined the most likely outcome, in her view.

"Auroc is the nucleus of Threshling society. It has been carefully crafted over millenia to revolve around him. Rip that out and what do we have? Nothing," she said. "What comes next, I believe... is conflict. Not against the 'other', but ourselves. Even if some more benign object of worship were to take Auroc's place as the Threshling's foundation, his loyalists--the true fanatics that serve him of their own free will--would attempt to cast down the new order to restore the old." Yes, a civil conflict would be inevitable. Whether or not it would remain simply an ideological and theological struggle or escalate to full-on civil war, she didn't know, but she would likely have to stay on Reshlan for some time to help stabilize things.

A shame. She so enjoyed traveling--especially with this group--but her duty to her people superceded whatever petty desires she herself held. 'twas a bitter pill to swallow, but a necessary one.

"But if you have any ideas on how to... keep things from escalating beyond the realm of ideas, then by all means, speak your mind." Well-traveled though she may be compared to the rest of her kind, her foundation--her native culture and its context--was difficult to shake of, and thus proved... limiting to her potential range of thought, at times. But, if nothing else, she had learned to compensate by asking others for their points of view.

...sometimes.

"Hah, such scathing words! He's a young man, and inexperienced in the ways of love. One can not expect a babe to run before he can walk." It was Voyavoda, who had entered the portal and, after taking stock of the environs and noticing Held, had approached the (relatively) newly-minted Admiral. "If I may be so bold as to offer my view... you should not give your lovely admirer the run-around like this. If you do not wish to be her husband, then simply talk to her... and perhaps avoid doing so where there are loose and expensive valuables to be thrown."

He smiled, a nostalgic, slightly sad expression dominating his features. "My wife, whom, might I add, was a Saiyan, did much the same as yours... pursuing me across the stars because I had, ahem, made quite an impression on her during a chance encounter--that is, during a fight. I was unaware of her pursuit, but had I been, I certainly would not have run from her."

Voyavoda paused for a moment, then added, with a chuckle.. "...besides that one incident where her hormones overwhelmed her while she was pregnant with our first child. There's only so many Galick Guns I can take before I advance in the opposite direction."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The wide foundation of the Obsidian Ziggurat remained, standing fast to support a tower that was little more than rubble. Even by starlight, its surface shone, enameled in a substance that was unlike the earthenware and carved stone of the local population who seemed quite primitive be comparison.

"More than that. With the help of the Nevadian Federation courtesy of Held, we drove them out of power," Ochazuke said.

Suddenly it was clear, that the face of the fallen idol smote before the ruin was an effigy of the Threshling God, Auroc.

"Though from what I hear, his forces attempted to route the Earth while Zao and I were absent," he added with a stiff chuckle. "If you are here, that means you'd repelled them. Well met."

"And if you are here, Majin, it means Master Balon deemed your condition...suitable." Ochazuke spoke, though he did not so much as move to face the last practitioner of the Snake Style.

Zaofan, however, visibly stirred where he stood before Parsley; a brief gesture from his martial brother, and the chef murmured something under his breath and sighed. The Greater Annihilator survey of the native Baradurians, their forcefully converted kin, did not go unnoticed by the martial artist.

"Yet they never stopped fighting, even while their potential was stifled by such gross limitation," Ochazuke continued, "You of all of us might know something of that, Majin Sasheem."
    Dash remained quiet, though a slight curve of her mouth hinted at a tight smile, that faded quickly.

Suddenly the little world began to feel a little more crowded. Most of whom she knew, though perhaps most not so well.

It was impressive that they managed to free this world, but would it have happened if Earth hadn't been attacked? Her mind flashed back to that first time and her own encounter...her thoughts were broken for a moment as she saw the broken statue...with the would-be god. Then, more recently, the invasion. And now, they were preparing for their own invasion.

Hearing the others talk snapped her out of her train of thought.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

(Hmm, maybe I should contact my mother and see if she can do anything to get this planet Baradur back on its feet,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Held's attempt at a comeback elicited a sharp, mocking smile from her. "I'm actually quite a pleasant person to be around," Parsley responded, arms folded over her chest. "It's just that people like you: people who run from their problems instead of facing them head on like an actual warrior offends me to my core. I understand the circumstances of your... situation, but your response leaves much to be desired. Had you tried to fight for your freedom and failed, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, as I understand it, you ran almost immediately and avoided all contact with your betrothed. A pitiful display from one of your supposed esteem."
    "I like my freedom, and I have no intention of being bartered about." Held replied coolly, "Although I understand that a person who made reference to 'taking our women' in casual conversation and who likely refers to centuries spent by her kind slaughtering and enslaving others as 'the golden era' of Saiyan history might fail to grasp such an issue."

"The redemption is real, I assure you. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have this." She lifted up the small medallion denoting her position as next in line for the Saiyan throne should Sarada ever fall. "Sarada named me next in line until her daughter is of age. That means more than any asinine opinion you people pull out of your unicorn's backside.
    "Disappointing." Held replied simply, sighing, "She's certainly the strongest Saiyan, and one of the more noble ones I've had the pleasure of keeping company with, but she can't really think that a walking testament to the very ways she's trying to break apart from is the best choice for a ruler, let alone for the progress and goodwill you've managed to make on the galactic stage..."

After all, ten years wouldn't be enough to wipe off all the atrocities committed by Saiyan hands....Objectively speaking I don't know what she was thinking....Then again, I suppose the stigma towards half-breeds is unlikely to have fully dissipated...

He shrugged, "Although I guess it does manage to neatly avoid the traditional succession methods, since no one would be foolish enough to try and overthrow you or the child, for obvious reasons, and I do suppose the Queen's current advisor's are sensible enough---"

The note said,

"Held,

Hilda told me how you keep ducking her. Thanks for confirming that you're a bitch.

-Your Queen,
    Sarada."
    The Nevadian went silent as he read the letter, pausing in place for what must have seemed like an eternity. He neatly folded the note, before placing it within his pocket.

"....I'm not mad at what she wrote." He muttered to himself, "So much as I'm mad that I didn't expect this."

He rubbed his temple in annoyance, "I thought the siege would be the most frustrating part of my day, but--"

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

"Hah, such scathing words! He's a young man, and inexperienced in the ways of love. One can not expect a babe to run before he can walk." It was Voyavoda, who had entered the portal and, after taking stock of the environs and noticing Held, had approached the (relatively) newly-minted Admiral. "If I may be so bold as to offer my view... you should not give your lovely admirer the run-around like this. If you do not wish to be her husband, then simply talk to her... and perhaps avoid doing so where there are loose and expensive valuables to be thrown."

He smiled, a nostalgic, slightly sad expression dominating his features. "My wife, whom, might I add, was a Saiyan, did much the same as yours... pursuing me across the stars because I had, ahem, made quite an impression on her during a chance encounter--that is, during a fight. I was unaware of her pursuit, but had I been, I certainly would not have run from her."

Voyavoda paused for a moment, then added, with a chuckle.. "...besides that one incident where her hormones overwhelmed her while she was pregnant with our first child. There's only so many Galick Guns I can take before I advance in the opposite direction."
    Held looked quizzically at the man, who spoke to him so familiarly, so informally. It was far too early in the day for Held to simply forget the existence of one of the comrades he had fought alongside on so many occasions--What little enjoyment his refreshments had given him, had been erased in the span of minutes, courtesy of Inanna and Company.

"...I--Are you a marriage counselor?" He turned to Inanna and Parsley, his irritation becoming apparently, "Is this an intervention? Did you guys drag this poor man in the middle of a war zone, just to give me a lecture about business that isn't yours, let alone his---"

He paused, the man did look vaguely familiar. Not so much a friend, or a brother in arms, or even an associate, but he did have the look of someone Held felt he would be aware of, at least in the back of his mind.

"....Do I owe you money?" he shook his head, "No, that's impossible. Everyone owes me money....You have the look of a warrior about you, but---"

“Hello Held.”

Hilda.

The hair on the back of the Nevadian's neck stood on end as words as smooth and comforting as a pillow found its way to the side of his face.

It was in that moment that he realized his folly, allowing him self to get so bogged down in the mud by insipid opinions, his allies each biting at him like blood sucking flies, that he entirely missed the danger slithering through the mud, getting ever closer, until it was too late.

The Nevadian had spent his life reading people. On the battlefield, at the negotiating table, the gambling parlor, the bar....He could read their minds based on poise, a gesture, or even the way they spoke.

The way Hilda spoke, told him more than even the Shingan could in this moment.

As she spoke, there was not hatred, nor anger, anxiety, or fear. The first two were lacking in either of them, and of the latter, only he could claim to possess them.

Confidence. Expectation.

This is what she expected would happen, eventually. As if the years between then and now were pointless, a gamble that was ultimately meaningless, as the result was expected, and the house always wins.

She spoke with a tone one would reserve for an eternally punctual husband, arriving at the exact time as always...And not her errant fiance, fled to regions unknown to avoid a fate not of his own choosing.

Perhaps that is what he found the most unnerving. The calmness of it all. Had she assaulted him, or slung all manner of insults at him, he would hardly have blamed her, in a sense. And perhaps it was to be expected. It certainly would have been preferred to whatever it was that awaited him now.

And unless she was the finest bluff in the universe, he sensed no acting. There was no repression, or strained voice, an barely veiled attempt to seem cordial for an audience.

It had been ten years and pure luck that she had found him, and yet, one would think he arrived right on time for a movie date they had set.

Fuck.

"Fuck."

"Well, well," Parsley chuckled. "Seems your luck has finally run out. I trust you know what to do. Just remember all of your greatest peers and contemporaries are watching." She then stepped back to watch the show with bated interest. She also recorded everything so Sarada could watch later.
    Had the Nevadian been less preoccupied with the woman behind him, he might have explained how he was beginning to form a rather negative opinion of the Saiyan Princess.

Partially because she was immensely unpleasant, but also because--if only in this one aspect--she was right.

His luck had run out.

Finally, he turned to face the specter that he had avoided for so long.

"Hello, Hilda."
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-20-2020 at 09:16 PM.

It had in fact, not been pure luck, but a meticulously planned action on the part of Inanna. Having known the man was on the run from Hilda, it was simply a matter of making contact with the man; at which point his fate was sealed and blessed matrimony be upon him.

... and to think. Magic enough to reshape the Heavens, fueled by a single Nevadian's fear of commitment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"I like my freedom, and I have no intention of being bartered about." Held replied coolly, "Although I understand that a person who made reference to 'taking our women' in casual conversation and who likely refers to centuries spent by her kind slaughtering and enslaving others as 'the golden era' of Saiyan history might fail to grasp such an issue."

"Disappointing." Held replied simply, sighing, "She's certainly the strongest Saiyan, and one of the more noble ones I've had the pleasure of keeping company with, but she can't really think that a walking testament to the very ways she's trying to break apart from is the best choice for a ruler, let alone for the progress and goodwill you've managed to make on the galactic stage..."

After all, ten years wouldn't be enough to wipe off all the atrocities committed by Saiyan hands....Objectively speaking I don't know what she was thinking....Then again, I suppose the stigma towards half-breeds is unlikely to have fully dissipated...

He shrugged, "Although I guess it does manage to neatly avoid the traditional succession methods, since no one would be foolish enough to try and overthrow you or the child, for obvious reasons, and I do suppose the Queen's current advisor's are sensible enough---"

The Nevadian went silent as he read the letter, pausing in place for what must have seemed like an eternity. He neatly folded the note, before placing it within his pocket.

"....I'm not mad at what she wrote." He muttered to himself, "So much as I'm mad that I didn't expect this."

He rubbed his temple in annoyance, "I thought the siege would be the most frustrating part of my day, but--"

Held looked quizzically at the man, who spoke to him so familiarly, so informally. It was far too early in the day for Held to simply forget the existence of one of the comrades he had fought alongside on so many occasions--What little enjoyment his refreshments had given him, had been erased in the span of minutes, courtesy of Inanna and Company.

"...I--Are you a marriage counselor?" He turned to Inanna and Parsley, his irritation becoming apparently, "Is this an intervention? Did you guys drag this poor man in the middle of a war zone, just to give me a lecture about business that isn't yours, let alone his---"

He paused, the man did look vaguely familiar. Not so much a friend, or a brother in arms, or even an associate, but he did have the look of someone Held felt he would be aware of, at least in the back of his mind.

"....Do I owe you money?" he shook his head, "No, that's impossible. Everyone owes me money....You have the look of a warrior about you, but---"

The hair on the back of the Nevadian's neck stood on end as words as smooth and comforting as a pillow found its way to the side of his face.

It was in that moment that he realized his folly, allowing him self to get so bogged down in the mud by insipid opinions, his allies each biting at him like blood sucking flies, that he entirely missed the danger slithering through the mud, getting ever closer, until it was too late.

The Nevadian had spent his life reading people. On the battlefield, at the negotiating table, the gambling parlor, the bar....He could read their minds based on poise, a gesture, or even the way they spoke.

The way Hilda spoke, told him more than even the Shingan could in this moment.

As she spoke, there was not hatred, nor anger, anxiety, or fear. The first two were lacking in either of them, and of the latter, only he could claim to possess them.

Confidence. Expectation.

This is what she expected would happen, eventually. As if the years between then and now were pointless, a gamble that was ultimately meaningless, as the result was expected, and the house always wins.

She spoke with a tone one would reserve for an eternally punctual husband, arriving at the exact time as always...And not her errant fiance, fled to regions unknown to avoid a fate not of his own choosing.

Perhaps that is what he found the most unnerving. The calmness of it all. Had she assaulted him, or slung all manner of insults at him, he would hardly have blamed her, in a sense. And perhaps it was to be expected. It certainly would have been preferred to whatever it was that awaited him now.

And unless she was the finest bluff in the universe, he sensed no acting. There was no repression, or strained voice, an barely veiled attempt to seem cordial for an audience.

It had been ten years and pure luck that she had found him, and yet, one would think he arrived right on time for a movie date they had set.

Fuck.

"Fuck."

Had the Nevadian been less preoccupied with the woman behind him, he might have explained how he was beginning to form a rather negative opinion of the Saiyan Princess.

Partially because she was immensely unpleasant, but also because--if only in this one aspect--she was right.

His luck had run out.

Finally, he turned to face the specter that he had avoided for so long.

"Hello, Hilda."
    Hilda’s smile widens slightly.

She hands him a small case.

“A preventative measure against Auroc’s black corruption. Your allies already have it, but yourself and your two friends here need it.”

She gestures to Ochazuke and Zaofan.

OT: Inside is the same things the others got to help temporarily resist the black vomit corruption when encountered.

IC:

After giving her present over, she leans down and places a simple quick kiss to Held’s cheek.

“Happy first day we met anniversary, Held. Baradur and Reshlan, two new planets to examine and learn about. You spoil me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Impatience had driven him to go through the portal as well, determined to murder something within the next hour or else he'd go mad from the boredom.

Stepping out, the saurian was struck by the feeling of nostalgia. The thick, lush jungle, the primitive yet skillfully carved stonework, the garments of feather and pelt; it reminded him of Earth's youth, back when his kind still reigned. Oh how they used to prepare offerings to him atop their towers and how their savagery was... cute in its own way. A shame that their human kin did not understand them and chose to wipe them out eventually. Did these people also provide sacrifices? Looking for the telltale clues, all he saw were the ugly totems of Auroc, vandalized and shattered by this point, but the false god's hideousness was as clear as day. Some of the people, taken captive by those victorious in battle, bore the uncanny appearance of something molded to form. They were not born like this, but had been made this way.

"Looks like you all have been busy..."

Rex's voice had gained a certain tinge of cheerfulness back into it upon seeing this world and more importantly, Ochazuke. He would not be bored with the warrior around.
    Ochazuke's bearing bristled the moment he heard that voice.

But as soon as he'd laid eyes on that arm contrasting against the rest of Rex's scaly form. there was an instant change in the air about the man. Hate, silent, sublime, reflexively lashing out. A quiet killer's aura, barely perceptible...but the Saurian could almost certainly taste it.

His very incarnation served as a living reminder of the martial artist's failure.

"...three years..."

A long span of time had passed since they broke off from the Mountain. Any moment he could spare had been spent searching for some trace of the boy.

No...even as he left them, Charco was no longer that brash youth. He would have been twenty-one by now. But imprisoned in his living torment, bearing the penance of his bloodline, he would forever be robbed of even the chance to be called a man. Outwardly, his stone-faced mask was broken by a welling vein at his temple.

"...perhaps your fangs have dulled if it took you this long to find new battle to scavenge."

Hilda’s smile widens slightly.

She hands him a small case.

“A preventative measure against Auroc’s black corruption. Your allies already have it, but yourself and your two friends here need it.”

She gestures to Ochazuke and Zaofan.

OT: Inside is the same things the others got to help temporarily resist the black vomit corruption when encountered.

IC:

After giving her present over, she leans down and places a simple quick kiss to Held’s cheek.

“Happy first day we met anniversary, Held. Baradur and Reshlan, two new planets to examine and learn about. You spoil me.”
    The old grudge with Rex would settle itself through barbed words for now. Ochazuke held the amulet, but stopped short of fastening it. He'd struck the black ichor it from the very heart of the Silver Knight and severed it from hundreds of the Converted. To offer a countermeasure so specific and at this very moment roused heavy skepticism in him.

Moreover, Held, it seems, was filled with trepidation, mere hours after severing the spellcraft of the Gate of Auroc itself. The tall, pale stranger had a strange presence - that is to say, there was very little to indicate where she settled in either matter or ether.

Nothing, that is, but that aura of Hozon imprinted any trace of her existence despite what he saw before him.

"You seem to know a great deal of Threshling kind for this to be your first time upon on of their worlds." he said. "Speak plainly, stranger. Are you ally or enemy?"