Page 143 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Rawrr!" A invisible force slammed into one of the knights closest to Zaofan, pinning him against the ground and then slamming down hard as Erosa materialized from her Hunter Killer. "Ero! No touch my cook!" She leap up and charged the next closest one to Zaofan.
    A scythe in its hand arcs out towards her, clipping her arm from the Knight.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna doesn't dignify the attempt with a response, the woman's Katchin tipped tail simply snakes up and stabs at the source.
    And stabs into herself as the form on her back shifts, it’s body fluid like. Fangs sink into her shoulder and start draining her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    OT: Outside. He snuck away during the opening when everyone was feeling everyone out and making challenges, to see what the hell sort of place Reshlan is. I don't think he even considered Auroc having a bar in his temple.
    The streets are oddly quiet as he wanders around. Clean, if primitive to Held’s standards. He can’t understand the language, but he recognizes stores and houses for their various purposes despite their odd letterings.

For whatever reason, the local populace seems to have either retreated to some sort of safety or been forced to flee.

But eventually, Held does find what he believes to be a street filled with various stores and shops.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As soon as they land their blows, four Silver Knights leap from shadowed alcoves and head after them.
    Lying in wait, it had appeared that the Threshling host had already determined their course before Kekarrot came to challenge Parsley to their duel. As the two heirs of Zxu'ro fell into the catacomb structure, it was Ochazuke who first arrested his fall.

Silver. What a peculiar colour for the last line of defense.

How unfortunate for them that they'd been waiting in the darkness all this time, and that he now had his back to the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Rawrr!" A invisible force slammed into one of the knights closest to Zaofan, pinning him against the ground and then slamming down hard as Erosa materialized from her Hunter Killer. "Ero! No touch my cook!" She leap up and charged the next closest one to Zaofan.
    As Erosa emerged to tackle one of the knights, Ochazuke waited a scant moment, then threw his hands up, fingers splayed before his face.

"Taiyoken!"

Amplifying the rays of Reshlan's sun, a white, burning flash filled the hidden halls beneath the citadel.

"Thanks for the save!" Zaofan shouted the the wild Id, brief salutations all he could offer before cranking up his speed even higher with the Wolf's Prowl* as he shot off away from the immediate combat towards the Queen's energy signature.

OOC:

*Zaofan's speed: 2x (Altered Beast) + 2x (Pressure Kicker) + 2x (Kaiten) + 3x (Wolf's Prowl) = 9x default for 1 more turn.

Astonishing Member

The streets are oddly quiet as he wanders around. Clean, if primitive to Held’s standards. He can’t understand the language, but he recognizes stores and houses for their various purposes despite their odd letterings.

For whatever reason, the local populace seems to have either retreated to some sort of safety or been forced to flee.

But eventually, Held does find what he believes to be a street filled with various stores and shops.
    "It's like a ghost town..." Held muttered to himself, "I wonder if it was because they realized we were coming."

He placed his face to the transparent windows of a shop, looking within. Uninteresting. Some sort of furniture.

"I'm surprised though. Didn't think Auroc was the type to allow his followers to hide from an enemy, and I can't imagine they saw us coming..."

He peaked into another window, grimacing slightly. This was what these people considered clothing? It was perhaps a step up from Baradur in that the locals wore more, but it was far more aesthetically offensive.

We pretty much made a beeline here a few hours after Baradur....I guess if they've been preparing for the day they were found, and his word is absolute, it's possible..."

Held pauses, as he peers through yet another window, backtracking slightly.

"Well...There's the bar--I think..But, where on Nevada are all the people?"

I can't entirely figure out Auroc's play here...Are they in some shelter or something? I suppose I should try to find it, just to make sure we don't actually blow it up to hell, but that might be misunderstood....I need a moment to think.

Strategy turning in his head, the Nevadian walked towards the door of what he assumed to be a bar.

Even now, Held was courteous, tapping lightly twice on the door--If only to be sure it was as empty as it seemed--before entering.

The blow ripples Auroc and sends part of him blown backwards, slightly exposing an odd dark crystal. The body reforms and he back hands the old Nevadian away.

“It begins.”
    Dash was quick to notice the crystal and had only moments to act. Summoning her Earth Armor, as she did her hair and eyes changed color from near-black to light brown, she summoned as well the weapon that came with it, a Pole Axe. As she transformed, her strength doubled and her senses related to earth elements and elemental magic heightened.

OOC: Since Crystals are minerals, can Dash sense anything about it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's findings were disconcerting. Every inch of him was covered in runes. It was as if Auroc and his maven foresaw a situation like this and tried to make the task of undoing it all and free this man to a rightful death as Herculean as possible. "Tch."

She figured she had only two ways of dealing with those runes. One, Rulebreaker, the anti-magic enchantment she placed on her ax. The second was blood magic, but that would certainly take far longer, even if it had an indeterminably higher chance of success. The problem with either method was that she was going to need time. To get the time, she needed him to cooperate; and if his aura growing exponentially more potent was any indication, she wasn't going to get it.

"I can help you," she said. "Give me the time and I can undo what the false god has done to you. You can die a warrior's death with whatever dignity you have left." It was worth a try to appeal to his sense of pride, no matter how small it may have been. If nothing else, it gave her a small moment to start preparing.

She drew her ax. The runes on the head started shining brightly until the entire head was captured in a brilliant white light. She stood tall, ax held in both hands. She needed an opening and him powering up was probably the only one she was going to get.

Perfect Intuition: Instant Transmission

She disappeared and instantly reappeared behind him. Windup already in motion when she initially vanished, she swung the ax, intending on burying it in his spine.

OT: Just a reminder, Rulebreaker negates any enchantment placed on a person or object the ax comes into contact with. As long as her PL is higher than the person who originally placed it at the time it was cast, it should work.
    Just as the ax is about to land, he screams and his aura flares, blowing her backwards. Looking up, she can now see lightning and electricity arcing in his aura. He turns and she sees he has ascended to the next level of Super Saiyan.

“My captors have given me orders I cannot refuse. Your death, and the death of you allies.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

And stabs into herself as the form on her back shifts, it’s body fluid like. Fangs sink into her shoulder and start draining her.
    A bit of her own blood was hardly the worst thing Inanna could draw, and the creature draining her was hardly going to make much headway before it killed itself in the attempt, thanks to her Adamantine Soul, but it did certainly distract her stabbing herself.

"I mean..."

The woman- and the creature attached to her back mouth first- went up like a torch as she ignited her own blood, which at the very least provided an amusing spectacle.

"Okay, Buumer."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    OOC: Gotcha

IC: Sasheem continues his trek down further, searching for a root of leylines. He remained alert and kept his guard in case any of this malicious aura decided to lash out.
    Sasheem suddenly feels....sick.

A warning and then he feels something attempting to absorb him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Lying in wait, it had appeared that the Threshling host had already determined their course before Kekarrot came to challenge Parsley to their duel. As the two heirs of Zxu'ro fell into the catacomb structure, it was Ochazuke who first arrested his fall.

Silver. What a peculiar colour for the last line of defense.

How unfortunate for them that they'd been waiting in the darkness all this time, and that he now had his back to the sun.

As Erosa emerged to tackle one of the knights, Ochazuke waited a scant moment, then threw his hands up, fingers splayed before his face.

"Taiyoken!"

Amplifying the rays of Reshlan's sun, a white, burning flash filled the hidden halls beneath the citadel.

"Thanks for the save!" Zaofan shouted the the wild Id, brief salutations all he could offer before cranking up his speed even higher with the Wolf's Prowl* as he shot off away from the immediate combat towards the Queen's energy signature.

OOC:

*Zaofan's speed: 2x (Altered Beast) + 2x (Pressure Kicker) + 2x (Kaiten) + 3x (Wolf's Prowl) = 9x default for 1 more turn.
    The Knight is blinded, halting his progress, as Zaofan disappears.

With his speed, he reaches the guarded room, heavily inlaid with Katchin bars and ancient glyphs. Standing guard is a single Golden Knight, twin swords in sheathes are its sides.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A bit of her own blood was hardly the worst thing Inanna could draw, and the creature draining her was hardly going to make much headway before it killed itself in the attempt, thanks to her Adamantine Soul, but it did certainly distract her stabbing herself.

"I mean..."

The woman- and the creature attached to her back mouth first- went up like a torch as she ignited her own blood, which at the very least provided an amusing spectacle.

"Okay, Buumer."
    The creature shrieks and is burned away.

At the same moment, a cracking is heard and a massive ethereal fist slams into Inanna’s face, attempting to fling her backwards from its strength.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash was quick to notice the crystal and had only moments to act. Summoning her Earth Armor, as she did her hair and eyes changed color from near-black to light brown, she summoned as well the weapon that came with it, a Pole Axe. As she transformed, her strength doubled and her senses related to earth elements and elemental magic heightened.

OOC: Since Crystals are minerals, can Dash sense anything about it?
    Oddly enough, yes. A thrum of power that seems to resonate with the black blood like body Auroc possesses.

A Bronze Knight appears and attempts to stab Dash with a spear.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "It's like a ghost town..." Held muttered to himself, "I wonder if it was because they realized we were coming."

He placed his face to the transparent windows of a shop, looking within. Uninteresting. Some sort of furniture.

"I'm surprised though. Didn't think Auroc was the type to allow his followers to hide from an enemy, and I can't imagine they saw us coming..."

He peaked into another window, grimacing slightly. This was what these people considered clothing? It was perhaps a step up from Baradur in that the locals wore more, but it was far more aesthetically offensive.

We pretty much made a beeline here a few hours after Baradur....I guess if they've been preparing for the day they were found, and his word is absolute, it's possible..."

Held pauses, as he peers through yet another window, backtracking slightly.

"Well...There's the bar--I think..But, where on Nevada are all the people?"

I can't entirely figure out Auroc's play here...Are they in some shelter or something? I suppose I should try to find it, just to make sure we don't actually blow it up to hell, but that might be misunderstood....I need a moment to think.

Strategy turning in his head, the Nevadian walked towards the door of what he assumed to be a bar.

Even now, Held was courteous, tapping lightly twice on the door--If only to be sure it was as empty as it seemed--before entering.
    The door swings open. No one seems around. Inside is a bar, and there are still drinks on the tables. Old now, as if those drinking it has simply stood up and walked away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Just as the ax is about to land, he screams and his aura flares, blowing her backwards. Looking up, she can now see lightning and electricity arcing in his aura. He turns and she sees he has ascended to the next level of Super Saiyan.

“My captors have given me orders I cannot refuse. Your death, and the death of you allies.”
    She was so close. Her ax's blade was scant inches away from landing when his new incredible power flared and blew her away.

She landed on her back, but quickly kipped up to her feet. What she was confronted with stole whatever retort she had in mind and on the tip of her tongue. Kakarot stood tall and faced her. His new aura was tinged with streaks of lightning that circled around him. His hair was spikier than it had been before, and his muscle mass increased. Yet, it was the bulky form she and Sarada experimented with during their training, the form she quickly determined was a detriment due to its decreased speed. His power far outstripped hers, and she knew his speed did as well.

She was in a tight spot with no chance of fighting him off. Her attempts to placate to his silent wish for a permanent death were rebuked. The runes' control over him were too great for him to even stave off his offensive long enough for her to try.

"So be it," she answered. Her ax remained drawn. She was going to need every advantage she could score. With any luck, she could net a lucky hit and get a headstart on undoing those runes. It was worth a try, at any rate.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The creature shrieks and is burned away.

At the same moment, a cracking is heard and a massive ethereal fist slams into Inanna’s face, attempting to fling her backwards from its strength.
    It takes a second or two, but Inanna eventually picks herself up off the ground after the fist flings her backwards, and wiping the blood from her mouth the woman grins.

"Neat."

Bloodstained fingers extending, as if grasping at a bowstring, Inanna draws back and releases a bolt of energy skyward. "So how was this supposed to go, if I may ask? Begging for my life? Subjugation? Inquiring minds needs to know~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan