Page 165 of 371 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna shook her head. "More. Though what you've come for isn't yours to take. Suppose I say no."
    “You’ll die.”

She says it flatly, no threat or boast, just a simple fact.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mauroc absorbs both the vacuum blades and the water power Dash uses, his magic eyes flaring after each one.

He does not absorb the massive kick Parsley sends his way, spiraling one Mauroc into the ground.
    So that was it. Much like he expected, Mauroc could absorb energy but lacked such defense against physical attacks.

"Quit feeding the whelp energy." He said to no one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Daijinryuu Ho-oh Ken!" Sasheem uttered, raising a now scaly armed as Mauroc's attack was absorbed, in turn, by him.

"Not very creative, is he?" Sasheem shrugged smugly in response. "But Sasheem has an idea on how to create an opening...AUROC! Let's see how you handle this!" Sasheem called out, raising a hand. "Plasma-Hada!" Sasheem shouted launching a burning blade of ki energy that honed in on one of the Maurocs.
    Eye beams flicker and slam into the plasma-hands, dissipating it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Mauroc absorbs both the vacuum blades and the water power Dash uses, his magic eyes flaring after each one.

He does not absorb the massive kick Parsley sends his way, spiraling one Mauroc into the ground.
    Hm. Interesting.

It didn't escape her notice that he could absorbed ranged attacks. She wasn't sure if it was just ki attacks or any kind of attacks launched from a distance. She just knew that every attack sent his way had been absorbed. The lone exception being the kick that sent one of his doubles careening to the ground below.

A hypothesis was forming.

Her initial thought was that he could only be damaged by physical attacks; any sort of energy attack would be absorbed. She didn't act on assumptions, only confirmed facts. To gather evidence, she watched the battling Sasheem with Observational Focus to determine the true nature of the absorption ability, while closing in on the second. When she was in range, she fired at his torso, followed by another kick to his head.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eye beams flicker and slam into the plasma-hands, dissipating it.
    There! That glint in the eyes! Magic, of course.

Sasheem snapped his fingers, unleashing a magic of his own, or a counter magic as it were. "Mystic Materialization: Eternal Ashfire!" In reaction to Mauroc's magic, an urn formed right before his eyes, reacting to the magic and bursting in a bright red light as they detonated with magical energy.

“You’ll die.”

She says it flatly, no threat or boast, just a simple fact.
    Inanna quirked an eyebrow. "You thought I was asking to see what you'd say, mm? I wasn't."

Whether or not anyone was listening, or could hear her, Inanna very, very quickly broadcast her thoughts. "Genesis is here, for Hozon no less. Not the best timing, I know... I'll do what I can but no promises."

The former Oni sighed.

"You've been a thorn in my side since we first met, you know." Inanna pointed her hand toward Genesis.

The energy the woman had been pulling into herself in order to cast the twisted version of the Spirit Bomb was compressed and funneled down the length of her metal arm. ""Let's see how out my depth I am, mm?"

OT: Civilization's End has been funneled into Inanna's Death from the Demon's Gate. No idea what the maths is on this.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-21-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva falls to her knees once the effort to cleanse that planet had finished, breathing heavily. Together--what an odd feeling it was to say that--this group had managed to completely cleanse Auroc's taint from Reshlan. At... at long last...

...no.

Not completely. She could still sense Auroc, in a sense. Its energy also felt like the grand maven, somewhat, but... blended? Furthermore, she could hear him, even so far underground. Rage, frustration filled that scream... and to Nevanlinna, that rage and frustration filled her with a joy rarely felt.

It was then that Ochazuke addressed her. Yes, the battle was not over. She nodded. "Yes, you are correct, of course."

Giving the others a small wave, she turned and made her exit, making her way to the hole to the surface. Taking flight, she sped upwards towards the surface... and Auroc's final demise.

As she ascended, she called upon her realm for assistance. Each thing there, from the ruins to the smallest blade of grass, to the animals, to the saiyans and elementals living there would feel a 'tug', and, if answered, their power would flow into her. This time, however, she called upon far more than she had on Vocado. It would probably shorten her life, but... she had centuries to spare and she did not care, as long as Auroc was gone. Hozon, calming and beautiful began coursing around her...

She burst forth from the hole and into the sky... glowing with a light and fire that matched the sun. Drawing her sword, she aimed at this... Mauroc (?) from below with a rising sword slash. He had become considerably more powerful than her, but it mattered little at this point. He would be dead by next day's dawn.
    The hopes for the future of Reshlan now rest on the shoulders of their prodigal princess. As Ochazuke and Zaofan saw her exit, empowered by a reinvigoration of Hozon, they had renewed confidence that he tide would turn.

The Auroc spawned from the merger of the god fallen from grace and his highest priestess was not the only one to emerge with greater presence upon the battlefield. Their renegade martial brother had roused the fire of a Phoenix - in a fashion - in his gluttonous serpent belly as he lashed out to annihilate the pretender; feeding on the current of hatred and isolation, the grey of Fukushuu feeding and issuing from Rex.

And the ascendance of a Super Saiyan, unlike any seen before, was soon to join the fielf of battle.

Once they had ensured the Queen was safe, Ochazuke and Zaofan stood upon the ruined steps before the shattered foundation that had once been the centre of Threshling worship, content for the moment to watch the battle and pointedly counter any collateral damage that came their way.

"It's not like I'm not willing to throw down or anything, it's just after that...to say I'm tired of this is an understatement," Zaofan said, nursing the cut in his shoulder, "Literally, and otherwise."

Ochazuke's frame heaved with many deep, fatigued breaths as many great powers converged, intent on destroying the dark god. "A physical fight may not do it, each piece regrows to a whole. See how he's copying the techniques as well? " he mused, "Suppose he'd vowed to possess everything one way or another."

By now the two of them were rather familiar with the bearings of a true Majin. As much as they'd hate to admit it to Sasheem's face, in a protracted battle it would be a Majin's to lose.

"We can't just stand here and do nothing," Zaofan replied, "We could-"

"No."

It had been long ago, but the shape of Zxu'ro's lingering memory yet persisted with them. These techniques were not merely the means to greater power, but were a legacy they had a duty to grant stewardship.

"What do you mean, 'no,' what better time could it be to test it than now?"

Ochazuke's face, worn with exhaustion, notheless upheld his stony resolve. "Not unless there were no other choice."

Praxat is focused on both Maurocs and is overcome by one emotion anger as her eyes continue to flick blue with electricity. Praxat uses her Bioelectrical field to create a sphere of plasma around herself. Acting as a high-voltage electrode. Praxat rapidly increases the density and intensity of the sphere of plasma.

Then she sends out raw electromagnetic energy out from the sphere of plasma, and spreads it out to target both Maurocs.

Tesla Strike
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat is focused on both Maurocs and is overcome by one emotion anger as her eyes continue to flick blue with electricity. Praxat uses her Bioelectrical field to create a sphere of plasma around herself. Acting as a high-voltage electrode. Praxat rapidly increases the density and intensity of the sphere of plasma.

Then she sends out raw electromagnetic energy out from the sphere of plasma, and spreads it out to target both Maurocs.

Tesla Strike
    "Energy doesn't wor-..."

Rex stopped midway through as Praxat fired upon the majin duplicates which would no doubt result in same majin firing back a "Burning Tesla Strike". It was not because of interference that stayed his words, but rather he had given up. What was the point?

With that, he had lost interested in helping them Auroc... Mauroc, whatever the damned thing called itself. The fact that he had played nicely with them all for this long had only proven the depths of his mental endurance rather than any change of heart. Fortunately, it was around that point that he felt something in the background. Glancing off in one direction, he could feel the unique ki signature of Inanna, but who was she with? Had she found a better threat?

Deserting the battle of the Threshling god, Rex headed towards Inanna and Genesis, although he was clueless as to the latter.

Hearing those words, Praxat gets control of her anger and drops a sphere of plasma that is around her," So, energy doesn't work, okay looks like I need another approach," Praxat said as she goes into Boost Mode.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Tesla Strike
    A paltry attack washed over her. Though her eyes widened, she couldn't afford to falter in sheer disbelief. Disbelief that someone could be so stupid that they would continue to use energy attacks even when it was so painfully obvious that Auroc could absorb them. Even if this person wasn't mentally up to par, Rex even said as much.

She briefly turned her head to learn who it was. She saw no one but Praxat.

Of course it's her, she thought, facial expression one of disappointment mixed with annoyance. The 100% human-like frog creature who boasted herself a fledgling tactician once upon a time couldn't have been bothered to spend her time dawdling to learn the layout of the battle so that when she did eventually act, it would not be the same exact failed tactic that had been proven to have disastrous consequences.

Of course, this made perfect sense. How could a person focus on what was happening in front of them when they couldn't even focus on what they wanted to be in life? From a witless tactician to a mediocre swordsman, and everything in between. It was little wonder she could barely pay attention to such a simple and obvious development in a life-or-death battle.

Hearing those words, Praxat gets control of her anger and drops a sphere of plasma that is around her," So, energy doesn't work, okay looks like I need another approach," Praxat said as she goes into Boost Mode.
    "Moron."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-21-2020 at 10:31 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A paltry attack washed over her. Though her eyes widened, she couldn't afford to falter in sheer disbelief. Disbelief that someone could be so stupid that they would continue to use energy attacks even when it was so painfully obvious that Auroc could absorb them. Even if this person wasn't mentally up to par, Rex even said as much.

She briefly turned her head to learn who it was. She saw no one but Praxat.

Of course it's her, she thought, facial expression one of disappointment mixed with annoyance. The 100% human-like frog creature who boasted herself a fledgling tactician once upon a time couldn't have been bothered to spend her time dawdling to learn the layout of the battle so that when she did eventually act, it would not be the same exact failed tactic that had been proven to have disastrous consequences.

Of course, this made perfect sense. How could a person focus on what was happening in front of them when they couldn't even focus on what they wanted to be in life? From a witless tactician to a mediocre swordsman, and everything in between. It was little wonder she could barely pay attention to such a simple and obvious development in a life-or-death battle.

"Moron."

Praxat, knowing that she's not a moron and that she wasn't thinking straight, because she was angry. Just ignores Parsley." ( **** Parsely, I'm many times smarter than that bitch,) Praxat thought.

Praxat then rushes over to Dash." Dash, we need to come up with something," Praxat said.

With her head, clear Praxat examines the area. ( Hmm, if I can't use energy on them, then I will use the debris of buildings as projectiles,) Praxat thought.

Praxat thinks back to a talk she had with Althena. ( I never thought of myself as a tactician, but Althena thought I was, and because she saw my chess planner. I didn't want to disappoint her, so I just pretend to be one. I always knew what I want to be in life, and that is an Engineer, but I also know I need to bordering my horizons beyond that,) Praxat thought.

Praxat quickly dashes and absorbs the raw electromagnetic energy. Before it can hit the two Maurocs. She uses the raw electromagnetic energy to replenish herself and returns to Dash.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-22-2020 at 03:02 AM.
    My Forum check it out

deleted!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-22-2020 at 01:29 AM. Reason: accidental double post.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna quirked an eyebrow. "You thought I was asking to see what you'd say, mm? I wasn't."

Whether or not anyone was listening, or could hear her, Inanna very, very quickly broadcast her thoughts. "Genesis is here, for Hozon no less. Not the best timing, I know... I'll do what I can but no promises."

The former Oni sighed.

"You've been a thorn in my side since we first met, you know." Inanna pointed her hand toward Genesis.

The energy the woman had been pulling into herself in order to cast the twisted version of the Spirit Bomb was compressed and funneled down the length of her metal arm. ""Let's see how out my depth I am, mm?"

OT: Civilization's End has been funneled into Inanna's Death from the Demon's Gate. No idea what the maths is on this.
    One of the cylinders on her back compresses downward, light flaring in Genesis’s eyes as she holds a hand up.

And Inanna’s attack freezes an inch away from Genesis’s hand.

The women gazes at the attack, perfectly frozen through temporal energy. For Inanna, it was like she was no longer channeling energy into the attack. It was just.....stopped. Frozen. Inanna and the surroundings were not frozen, only the attack somehow.

Genesis gently places her hand under the attack, tilting it up and angling it above her head, and then her eyes flash and the attack rushes forward once more, only it’s aimed above Genesis and out into the atmosphere instead.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Energy doesn't wor-..."

Rex stopped midway through as Praxat fired upon the majin duplicates which would no doubt result in same majin firing back a "Burning Tesla Strike". It was not because of interference that stayed his words, but rather he had given up. What was the point?

With that, he had lost interested in helping them Auroc... Mauroc, whatever the damned thing called itself. The fact that he had played nicely with them all for this long had only proven the depths of his mental endurance rather than any change of heart. Fortunately, it was around that point that he felt something in the background. Glancing off in one direction, he could feel the unique ki signature of Inanna, but who was she with? Had she found a better threat?

Deserting the battle of the Threshling god, Rex headed towards Inanna and Genesis, although he was clueless as to the latter.
    You watch the massive beam fired by Inanna get stopped cold in time, then pushed upward and unfrozen, the attack flying up and away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM