Page 172 of 371 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash was taking none of this. Sick and tired of being tossed aside like a rag doll in the wind, she had a surprise of her own prepared. Mauroc's kick landed but didn't connect. Instead, it went right through her as her body briefly shimmered like water reflecting sunlight. She then vanished, only to reappear above him, no longer holding her sword.

Instead, her hands were raised up as spears of ice formed above her head like a crown. As soon as she was sure that Praxat or the new guy was not in the way, she sent the ice blades flying downwards towards Mauroc, attempting to impale him from above.

OOC: 85/100

IC: Once she released her attack, a wave of ki transformed the Water Armor back into her base Spider Armor, her hair and eyes returning to their natural colors.
    Praxat uses her agility and flexibility to bounce right back and moves out of the way of Dash's attack. Using her agility and flexibility. Praxat moves in bizarre ways to make her movements unpredictable as she goes on the defensive and looking for an opening to strike, and being ready to strike as soon as the next Mauroc appears.

Praxat continues using 60% of her elastic energy to boost her speed, despite the damage the pressure exerted by that elastic energy output is doing to her legs.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley wasn't very concerned about her ax, which was still slicing through the air without a target or any obstacle to impede its flight. When she was ready, she could recall it at any moment. It wasn't time.

When Mauroc swung his own ax for her neck, she quickly flicked her wrist and used Neva's sword to party the swing. She had very little practice with swordplay, but she had a First Race rapier that she practiced with from time to time when she felt like being fancy. It wasn't the same, but it was close enough that she wasn't reduced to just swinging the blade around like an idiot.

I believe I can end this find shortly, she realized. The sword in her hand was infused with Hozon, which could preserve, among other things. One swing, and she could deal with Mauroc thusly.

Using the moment from her parry, she kicked him in he sternum, then twirled around to bring the blade down through the arm holding the ax.
    Mauroc growls, floating back and holding the stub of his left arm.

No blood falls, but neither does it regrow.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The strength to contest a phantom that'd guided her every step for the last half-decade. That is what Lampton had given her... briefly. A way to attain a balance between herself, and Genesis. One long sought after by Ishtar who was, and one ultimately rejected by Inanna she was always meant to be.

The irony burned nearly as much as the blood in her veins.

"Tch."

Using the contact she'd made with Genesis, Inanna pushed off and propelled herself backwards; a quick burst of her Hakai fired at the leg Genesis so eagerly offered up.
    It strikes, and the Hakai seems to travel up her leg, across her back, and into one of the cylinders on her back.

It seemed to either have no effect or she was able to redirect it to her energy storage.

Genesis stops, looking at Inanna, and for the first time Inanna sees.....not fear, or apprehension, but.....wariness.

And then Genesis turns her head to the other battle against Mauroc, and a frown falls on her face.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mauroc growls, floating back and holding the stub of his left arm.

No blood falls, but neither does it regrow.
    So Neva's actions carried over to the rest of the clones. Perfect.

Parsley chuckled, then laughed derisively. "Well, well. Looks like your Majin ace-in-the-hole has been thwarted." She twirled the sword in her hand, then brought it to bear. "Or, perhaps you have another one. Sasheem absorbed someone to gain more power once upon a time. I wonder, can you do the same?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Imprisoned by ice spikes, battered by Dash and Praxat, and caught in an unending loop of restoring itself by The Man in White, when Sasheem levels his Fiery Flaming Furious Phoenix Fists of Flame and Fury againt the trapped Mauroc.

He ashes the majin, nothing left of the ice spikes or that Mauroc but dust in the wind.

And another Mauroc does not appear.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So Neva's actions carried over to the rest of the clones. Perfect.

Parsley chuckled, then laughed derisively. "Well, well. Looks like your Majin ace-in-the-hole has been thwarted." She twirled the sword in her hand, then brought it to bear. "Or, perhaps you have another one. Sasheem absorbed someone to gain more power once upon a time. I wonder, can you do the same?"
    “No, I cannot.”

Mauroc floats back and up, keeping its gaze on Parsley, head cocked to the side.

“You know, I have to admit....in my entire existence, this is the closest I’ve ever come to death.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Imprisoned by ice spikes, battered by Dash and Praxat, and caught in an unending loop of restoring itself by The Man in White, when Sasheem levels his Fiery Flaming Furious Phoenix Fists of Flame and Fury againt the trapped Mauroc.

He ashes the majin, nothing left of the ice spikes or that Mauroc but dust in the wind.

And another Mauroc does not appear.
    From her vantage point hovering above the others, Dash looks around, fully expecting another attack. When one doesn't come, she tries to see where the second one was. Was it destroyed also?

As soon as she sees Parsley in the distance, she lowers herself back down to the ground and takes a deep breath. "Ah didn't see anything comin at us, so maybe ah'll head over to were the Princess is. See if she needs any help, though ah seriously doubt it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“No, I cannot.”

Mauroc floats back and up, keeping its gaze on Parsley, head cocked to the side.

“You know, I have to admit....in my entire existence, this is the closest I’ve ever come to death.”
    "Hm, really?" she inquired, not hiding her surprise. "I suppose you are the lesser Majin." When he admitted his realization that death was imminent, her eyebrows raised.

"I didn't expect you to be big enough to admit it. I already knew, but hearing you admit it makes me feel good."

She wasn't stupid. She knew that he was up to something. Someone as cunning and old as Auroc wouldn't just lie down and accept defeat. There was one last trap up his singular sleeve and she, while she didn't know what it was, was wary enough to be ready for anything.

"You're also full of it. Whatever you're planning on trying, out with it."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Hm, really?" she inquired, not hiding her surprise. "I suppose you are the lesser Majin." When he admitted his realization that death was imminent, her eyebrows raised.

"I didn't expect you to be big enough to admit it. I already knew, but hearing you admit it makes me feel good."

She wasn't stupid. She knew that he was up to something. Someone as cunning and old as Auroc wouldn't just lie down and accept defeat. There was one last trap up his singular sleeve and she, while she didn't know what it was, was wary enough to be ready for anything.

"You're also full of it. Whatever you're planning on trying, out with it."
    Mauroc quirks a nonexistent eyebrow as he drifts higher up.

“Tell me, Saiyan, how do you think I survived for so long? You presume I hid and cowered my way through the shadows, I’m sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Mauroc quirks a nonexistent eyebrow as he drifts higher up.

“Tell me, Saiyan, how do you think I survived for so long? You presume I hid and cowered my way through the shadows, I’m sure.”
    Parsley raised her brow as he drifted higher into the sky. Her aura flared to life as she lifted up and slowly followed after him.

"Not necessarily. A being as old as you would certainly be savvy enough to mold your methods depending on the circumstance. Cowardice, might, magic, whatever the need, you'll be willing to do it."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley raised her brow as he drifted higher into the sky. Her aura flared to life as she lifted up and slowly followed after him.

"Not necessarily. A being as old as you would certainly be savvy enough to mold your methods depending on the circumstance. Cowardice, might, magic, whatever the need, you'll be willing to do it."
    He nods.

“Perceptive.”

He smiles a bit.

“Ruin and rage, might and menace. Fear and fortitude, cleverness and calm. All have served me. All will still serve me still.”

He holds his remaining arm up, palm flat, then brings it down sharply.

Extinction Level Event: The Thunder of a False Gods’ Wrath.”

High above, dozens, then hundreds, of streaks appear in the sky. The streaks appear to be very, very large meteors pulled from space via magic and heading straight down to Reshlan’s surface, everyone capable of ending the city, the countryside, and possibly the planet as well.

Mauroc floats up and up between these meteors raining down, obviously intending to simply float and fly away into space.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It strikes, and the Hakai seems to travel up her leg, across her back, and into one of the cylinders on her back.

It seemed to either have no effect or she was able to redirect it to her energy storage.

Genesis stops, looking at Inanna, and for the first time Inanna sees.....not fear, or apprehension, but.....wariness.

And then Genesis turns her head to the other battle against Mauroc, and a frown falls on her face.
    "Ah right," Inanna noted with a mental sigh.

Those cylinders would prove problematic in the confrontations to come. Though at least she was getting a measure of her phantom. That was until Genesis stopped, and focused on the battle with uh... oh right.

"Auroc? I suspect he's trying to blow up the planet. Which... well it'd kill most of the people here to kill him; but not all of them." Bit of a fool's gambit really. "... Eh?"

What was that sound?

Inanna curious as ever, looked up. It seemed like the sky was naught but falling stars.

"Huh."

Probably bad.

"I suppose that needs dealing with."

Back to draining the barrier... and as strong as she was now, the remaining 20% would hardly take long.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Ah right," Inanna noted with a mental sigh.

Those cylinders would prove problematic in the confrontations to come. Though at least she was getting a measure of her phantom. That was until Genesis stopped, and focused on the battle with uh... oh right.

"Auroc? I suspect he's trying to blow up the planet. Which... well it'd kill most of the people here to kill him; but not all of them." Bit of a fool's gambit really. "... Eh?"

What was that sound?

Inanna curious as ever, looked up. It seemed like the sky was naught but falling stars.

"Huh."

Probably bad.

"I suppose that needs dealing with."

Back to draining the barrier... and as strong as she was now, the remaining 20% would hardly take long.
    “His knowledge. It belongs to me.”

Genesis eyes Inanna, then seems to suddenly just...vanish...toward Mauroc’s position.

Inanna, you are more than able to drain the last spell work to remove the anti-teleport spell.

You are also aware that Mauroc possesses perhaps the oldest mortal memory in existence: Genesis wanting that is not a good thing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He nods.

“Perceptive.”

He smiles a bit.

“Ruin and rage, might and menace. Fear and fortitude, cleverness and calm. All have served me. All will still serve me still.”

High above, dozens, then hundreds, of streaks appear in the sky. The streaks appear to be very, very large meteors pulled from space via magic and heading straight down to Reshlan’s surface, everyone capable of ending the city, the countryside, and possibly the planet as well.

Mauroc floats up and up between these meteors raining down, obviously intending to simply float and fly away into space.
    Looking up, Dash's eyes widen, then she speaks her thoughts out loud, "Dammit, maybe ah could do somethin usin my Earth Armor if ah hadn't already run low on ki. Ah gotta at least try." With that she summons her Earth Armor, the wave of ki flows over her and she transforms, only for it to sputter out, returning her back to normal.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-27-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He nods.

“Perceptive.”

He smiles a bit.

Parsley mouth fell open when Auroc made his move. Dozens, then hundreds of meteors streaked toward the planet from outer space at his command. Any one of them could cause untold devastation if they struck; all of them combined would render the planet completely uninhabitable, if not outright destroy it.

To make matters worse, Auroc himself was making an escape while using the planet's imminent destruction as a cover.

At that moment, Parsley had a decision to make. Either save the planet and let Auroc escape, or go after Auroc and risk asphyxiating in outer space. The others perhaps had means of dealing with the meteors, perhaps not. She was unsure. Inanna had seemingly vanished, and she was unaware of what kind of abilities the mysterious new arrival had up his sleeves. What do I...wait...

She felt it; more like tasted it. The magic Auroc used to pull the meteors down from their natural orbits. At that moment, an idea formed in her head. She smiled and looked skyward toward the fleeing god. "A clever idea, but you underestimate me"

She wrapped her tail around Neva's sword, then drew her ax to her hand. For what she planned on doing, she was going to need quite a bit of blood. She ran the ax's blade up, draw a stream of crimson blood. With that, she quickly set the spellwork in place. Large meteors were quickly approaching her; some even passed her by and entered the planet's atmosphere. If they struck, doom was a certainty. But, they never would. Not if she had any say in it.

Auroc must have thought he was clever, using the cosmic shower as a cover to make his escape. Yet, all he did was give her enough leeway to save Reshlan from destruction, and push him up against death's door.

The spell was set and she immediately cast it. A powerful gravity well that she wrapped around Auroc, making him a new focal point that was, hopefully, strong enough to attract the meteors away from the planet.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!