Page 173 of 371 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Dozens and dozens of the M-Fighters Threshling allies start picking some of the meteors off, coming to the aid of their planet. However, there are hundreds of these things all coming at the same time.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking up, Dash's eyes widen, then she speaks her thoughts out loud, "Dammit, maybe ah could do somethin usin my Earth Armor if ah hadn't already run low on ki. Ah gotta at least try." With that she summons her Earth Armor, the wave of ki flows over her and she transforms, only for it to sputter out, returning her back to normal.
    Throwing up a defensive shield, Dash took to the air again. She still had some fight in her and it showed as her hands glowed. She then began to join with the others, blasting the rocks to powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley mouth fell open when Auroc made his move. Dozens, then hundreds of meteors streaked toward the planet from outer space at his command. Any one of them could cause untold devastation if they struck; all of them combined would render the planet completely uninhabitable, if not outright destroy it.

To make matters worse, Auroc himself was making an escape while using the planet's imminent destruction as a cover.

At that moment, Parsley had a decision to make. Either save the planet and let Auroc escape, or go after Auroc and risk asphyxiating in outer space. The others perhaps had means of dealing with the meteors, perhaps not. She was unsure. Inanna had seemingly vanished, and she was unaware of what kind of abilities the mysterious new arrival had up his sleeves. What do I...wait...

She felt it; more like tasted it. The magic Auroc used to pull the meteors down from their natural orbits. At that moment, an idea formed in her head. She smiled and looked skyward toward the fleeing god. "A clever idea, but you underestimate me"

She wrapped her tail around Neva's sword, then drew her ax to her hand. For what she planned on doing, she was going to need quite a bit of blood. She ran the ax's blade up, draw a stream of crimson blood. With that, she quickly set the spellwork in place. Large meteors were quickly approaching her; some even passed her by and entered the planet's atmosphere. If they struck, doom was a certainty. But, they never would. Not if she had any say in it.

Auroc must have thought he was clever, using the cosmic shower as a cover to make his escape. Yet, all he did was give her enough leeway to save Reshlan from destruction, and push him up against death's door.

The spell was set and she immediately cast it. A powerful gravity well that she wrapped around Auroc, making him a new focal point that was, hopefully, strong enough to attract the meteors away from the planet.
    Then she hesitated, sensing something change in the environment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “His knowledge. It belongs to me.”

Genesis eyes Inanna, then seems to suddenly just...vanish...toward Mauroc’s position.

Inanna, you are more than able to drain the last spell work to remove the anti-teleport spell.

You are also aware that Mauroc possesses perhaps the oldest mortal memory in existence: Genesis wanting that is not a good thing.
    The teleportation spell removed certainly helped.

So did the knowledge that Genesis was also after shiny things. Hozon. Hakai. The vast repository of information that was Auroc's brain. Inanna squinted when her opposite disappeared. Her concern over being outmatched now taking a backseat to the need to defend her shiny things.

Inanna broke into a sprint, and disappeared mid-step.

Reappearing at Genesis' left.

"THOUGHT YOU COULD CUT AND RUN HUH?! LIKE HELL."

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Imprisoned by ice spikes, battered by Dash and Praxat, and caught in an unending loop of restoring itself by The Man in White, when Sasheem levels his Fiery Flaming Furious Phoenix Fists of Flame and Fury againt the trapped Mauroc.

He ashes the majin, nothing left of the ice spikes or that Mauroc but dust in the wind.

And another Mauroc does not appear.
    Appreciating the sheer, clean followthrough of his latest punch for a moment, the Man in White loosed a hotblooded grin when Sasheem used one of Voyavoda's techniques to amplify the efficacy of the familiar form tracing through the Majin's technique. And when their opponent turned to ash with nothing in its wake, with a doubling, echoing voice he laughed.

"Dusted, nice shot! I haven't seen anyobody handle fire as cleanly as that, least of all you!"

More than that, however, to his unspoken relief, his theory and haphazard usage of Hozon turned out to be correct. Can't reincarnate if you got nothing to come back from, heh heh heh...

"One last one to go. What's say we have a friendly wager? Bet I can slap his **** before the two of you can get there."

He nods.

“Perceptive.”

He smiles a bit.

“Ruin and rage, might and menace. Fear and fortitude, cleverness and calm. All have served me. All will still serve me still.”

He holds his remaining arm up, palm flat, then brings it down sharply.

Extinction Level Event: The Thunder of a False Gods’ Wrath.”

High above, dozens, then hundreds, of streaks appear in the sky. The streaks appear to be very, very large meteors pulled from space via magic and heading straight down to Reshlan’s surface, everyone capable of ending the city, the countryside, and possibly the planet as well.

Mauroc floats up and up between these meteors raining down, obviously intending to simply float and fly away into space.
    In an instant, the Man in White expanded his consciousness, and reintegrated a meditation field of sense-awareness, Muhen Sekai Keihatsu swiftly establishing itself across a planetary distance. Didn't even need this to pick apart that joker- hey wait a second.

Dozens and dozens of the M-Fighters Threshling allies start picking some of the meteors off, coming to the aid of their planet. However, there are hundreds of these things all coming at the same time.
    In an instant, his featured iced over, and his eyes sharpened with a particular intensity as he felt every struggling presence on the battered planet come together. As magnificent as his own power was - to say nothing of the rest of them, they were pretty good too - they simply could not be everywhere at once. If they were going to pull this off, they'd need every spare moment they could.

His awareness now guided by the Leylines of Reshlan itself, the Man in White bolstered the focus of those who now fought for this world using Kei'i-Ken to amplify the effectiveness of their next moves...and his own, as he lift a finger forward to measure something in the distance.

“His knowledge. It belongs to me.”

Genesis eyes Inanna, then seems to suddenly just...vanish...toward Mauroc’s position.

Inanna, you are more than able to drain the last spell work to remove the anti-teleport spell.

You are also aware that Mauroc possesses perhaps the oldest mortal memory in existence: Genesis wanting that is not a good thing.
    She felt it; more like tasted it. The magic Auroc used to pull the meteors down from their natural orbits. At that moment, an idea formed in her head. She smiled and looked skyward toward the fleeing god. "A clever idea, but you underestimate me"

She wrapped her tail around Neva's sword, then drew her ax to her hand. For what she planned on doing, she was going to need quite a bit of blood. She ran the ax's blade up, draw a stream of crimson blood. With that, she quickly set the spellwork in place. Large meteors were quickly approaching her; some even passed her by and entered the planet's atmosphere. If they struck, doom was a certainty. But, they never would. Not if she had any say in it.

Auroc must have thought he was clever, using the cosmic shower as a cover to make his escape. Yet, all he did was give her enough leeway to save Reshlan from destruction, and push him up against death's door.

The spell was set and she immediately cast it. A powerful gravity well that she wrapped around Auroc, making him a new focal point that was, hopefully, strong enough to attract the meteors away from the planet.
    Moreover, it seemed that there was yet another emergent presence on the battlefield. A presence so uncanny as to be barely detectable, for it seemed to possess no true flicker of life within its frame...but now that he knew Genesis was here...

Creation, Hakai, Fukushuu and Hozon...thought it was you, Inanna, and Rex. Boy is my face red.

With this one now in the picture, Auroc, despite his calamitous meteors...well, frankly, he was just getting in the way.

"And for my next trick..." he said, pouring his focus into the energy-laden staff he'd left in the ground for a particularly sinister purpose, "Bojack!"

Expanding upwards into the meteor swarm, the blue energy-extension of the Valiantium Staff shot upward, a thin ray intent on piercing the meteor shower and skewering the last Mauroc in the place as Parsley went to work.

All yours, Princess...now let's see about this other one!
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-27-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Appreciating the sheer, clean followthrough of his latest punch for a moment, the Man in White loosed a hotblooded grin when Sasheem used one of Voyavoda's techniques to amplify the efficacy of the familiar form tracing through the Majin's technique. And when their opponent turned to ash with nothing in its wake, with a doubling, echoing voice he laughed.

"Dusted, nice shot! I haven't seen anyobody handle fire as cleanly as that, least of all you!"

More than that, however, to his unspoken relief, his theory and haphazard usage of Hozon turned out to be correct. Can't reincarnate if you got nothing to come back from, heh heh heh...

"One last one to go. What's say we have a friendly wager? Bet I can slap his **** before the two of you can get there."

In an instant, the Man in White expanded his consciousness, and reintegrated a meditation field of sense-awareness, Muhen Sekai Keihatsu swiftly establishing itself across a planetary distance. Didn't even need this to pick apart that joker- hey wait a second.

In an instant, his featured iced over, and his eyes sharpened with a particular intensity as he felt every struggling presence on the battered planet come together. As magnificent as his own power was - to say nothing of the rest of them, they were pretty good too - they simply could not be everywhere at once. If they were going to pull this off, they'd need every spare moment they could.

His awareness now guided by the Leylines of Reshlan itself, the Man in White bolstered the focus of those who now fought for this world using Kei'i-Ken to amplify the effectiveness of their next moves...and his own, as he lift a finger forward to measure something in the distance.

Moreover, it seemed that there was yet another emergent presence on the battlefield. A presence so uncanny as to be barely detectable, for it seemed to possess no true flicker of life within its frame...but now that he knew Genesis was here...

Creation, Hakai, Fukushuu and Hozon...thought it was you, Inanna, and Rex. Boy is my face red.

With this one now in the picture, Auroc, despite his calamitous meteors...well, frankly, he was just getting in the way.

"And for my next trick..." he said, pouring his focus into the energy-laden staff he'd left in the ground for a particularly sinister purpose, "Bojack!"

Expanding upwards into the meteor swarm, the blue energy-extension of the Valiantium Staff shot upward, a thin ray intent on piercing the meteor shower and skewering the last Mauroc in the place as Parsley went to work.

Hearing the new guy shout out the word Bojack, Dash turned around and looked to see the staff going up and up...

As her eyes returned to the ground, "Figures" she spoke softly.

Returning to near where he is standing, "Yeh, ah thought so. Can't figure out how you did it though." She left it there, "Ah'm guessing there's another threat," based on his actions.

Her ki reserves were replenishing faster than normal, but not fast enough for her liking. "Gonna deal with the fallin rocks. See'ya." With that, Dash takes off again, moving at accelerated speed. A speed fast enough to create a sonic shock wave the blasts each of the remaining meteors she encounters into dust sized particles.

Her erratic direction of flight, by chance or design, moved her closer to where Parsley was.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-27-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The teleportation spell removed certainly helped.

So did the knowledge that Genesis was also after shiny things. Hozon. Hakai. The vast repository of information that was Auroc's brain. Inanna squinted when her opposite disappeared. Her concern over being outmatched now taking a backseat to the need to defend her shiny things.

Inanna broke into a sprint, and disappeared mid-step.

Reappearing at Genesis' left.

"THOUGHT YOU COULD CUT AND RUN HUH?! LIKE HELL."

Genesis is kicked, rolling to the ground and back to her feet in an unnatural way, hardly bending or looking perturbed.

She glances at Inanna, and a quick...flash of irritation crosses her face. Another cylinder in her back depresses and her eyes flash slightly.

“I see. You will not stand in my way.”

A blend of white, black, and blue energy appears in front of her, coalescing into a basketball sized orb.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley mouth fell open when Auroc made his move. Dozens, then hundreds of meteors streaked toward the planet from outer space at his command. Any one of them could cause untold devastation if they struck; all of them combined would render the planet completely uninhabitable, if not outright destroy it.

To make matters worse, Auroc himself was making an escape while using the planet's imminent destruction as a cover.

At that moment, Parsley had a decision to make. Either save the planet and let Auroc escape, or go after Auroc and risk asphyxiating in outer space. The others perhaps had means of dealing with the meteors, perhaps not. She was unsure. Inanna had seemingly vanished, and she was unaware of what kind of abilities the mysterious new arrival had up his sleeves. What do I...wait...

Only about 50% of the meteors reverse and head towards Mauroc, who keeps firing beams from his feet to blast them apart.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Genesis is kicked, rolling to the ground and back to her feet in an unnatural way, hardly bending or looking perturbed.

She glances at Inanna, and a quick...flash of irritation crosses her face. Another cylinder in her back depresses and her eyes flash slightly.

“I see. You will not stand in my way.”

A blend of white, black, and blue energy appears in front of her, coalescing into a basketball sized orb.
    "That's where you're wrong, kiddo." Inanna replied, before giving Genesis a double-dose of the ol' finger guns.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

The blow lands as Mauroc is busy blasting the reversed gravity meteors apart. The blow pierces Mauroc, who freezes in place.

And then the rest of the meteors he hadn’t blasted apart slam into the Maven, killing her instantly.

The Man in White, however, senses....something. At the last second, he sees a faint...shadow of something shoot into the sky, heading up.

Auroc is getting away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"That's where you're wrong, kiddo." Inanna replied, before giving Genesis a double-dose of the ol' finger guns.

The orb swirls between both shots and, to Inanna’s surprise, seems to bend and suck the two shots into itself like a black hole, as it flies down toward Inanna.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing the new guy shout out the word Bojack, Dash turned around and looked to see the staff going up and up...

As her eyes returned to the ground, "Figures" she spoke softly.

Returning to near where he is standing, "Yeh, ah thought so. Can't figure out how you did it though." She left it there, "Ah'm guessing there's another threat," based on his actions.

Her ki reserves were replenishing faster than normal, but not fast enough for her liking. "Gonna deal with the fallin rocks. See'ya." With that, Dash takes off again, moving at accelerated speed. A speed fast enough to create a sonic shock wave the blasts each of the remaining meteors she encounters into dust sized particles.

Her erratic direction of flight, by chance or design, moved her closer to where Parsley was.
    Praxat quickly catches up to Dash as she blasts the meteors in her way to dust. Dash would notice the extensive damage on Praxat legs caused by Praxat using 60% of her elastic energy to boost her speed.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Only about 50% of the meteors reverse and head towards Mauroc, who keeps firing beams from his feet to blast them apart.
    Only half, it was better than none of them, but it wasn't enough for her liking. Parsley watched, just for a brief second, with bated amusement as Auroc attempted to escape the trap she ensnared him in. For the moment, he was preoccupied, which allowed her the time to deal with the remaining meteors. After a moment of thinking, she knew exactly what to do.

It was an ability she saw the long dead Ishtar perform at times, enough that she felt comfortable mimicking it.

Perfect Intuition - Pṛthivīpatnī

Ishtar's ability to control stone and sand as if it was an extension of her own body. Perfect, Parsley felt, for stopping a severely reduced meteor shower that was still threatening to destroy this world. "It's unfortunate," she murmured. "You would have delighted to kill this pretender. You'll have to settle for this." She let out a bellow and pushed her SSJ2 power to its limit. Her aura roared to life like a golden star in the pitch black backdrop of space. She pushed her hands forward, using Ishtar's technique to snatch control of as many of the meteors as she could.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The orb swirls between both shots and, to Inanna’s surprise, seems to bend and suck the two shots into itself like a black hole, as it flies down toward Inanna.
    Well that's a neat trick.

Ever one to run and gun, Inanna took off running at an angle, all the while spamming her 'finger guns' at Genesis. Of course the idea behind this 'tactic' was fairly simple. See if the orb would follow.

Arx Inosaan

The blow lands as Mauroc is busy blasting the reversed gravity meteors apart. The blow pierces Mauroc, who freezes in place.

And then the rest of the meteors he hadn’t blasted apart slam into the Maven, killing her instantly.

The Man in White, however, senses....something. At the last second, he sees a faint...shadow of something shoot into the sky, heading up.

Auroc is getting away.
    "Wait!" Sasheem shouted, warping over to the fleeing Majin, reaching out to grab his cranium before he escaped. "You claimed you were my superior. We both pulled the same trick even, absorbing an ally and look who's running away with his tail between his legs!"

Sasheem briefly recalled the vision he'd been given in Hilda's divinations. And scoffed. He controlled fate, not the other way around. "You're not even worth absorbing. Turn..." Washer stated, his antennae glowing as the blasted out at Auroc. "...Into ice cream!"

Well that's a neat trick.

Ever one to run and gun, Inanna took off running at an angle, all the while spamming her 'finger guns' at Genesis. Of course the idea behind this 'tactic' was fairly simple. See if the orb would follow.
    The orb does follow, seemingly curving and drawing Inanna’s shots into itself.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM