Page 187 of 371 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "There's a lot of things worth investigating at current, Parsley." Inanna said after a long, tired sigh.

"Suffice to say, this is... at least the fifth thing today, I've added to my list. Determining where Genesis got her hands on Ruination being yet another." Looking at the book however, the woman quirked an eyebrow. "Anything else worthwhile, or is this the ravings of a fool?"
    Inanna sounded tired. They were all exhausted to some degree, but her especially so. Parsley supposed fighting a being the caliber of Genesis alone took more energy than fighting a false god with one foot in the grave already.

Parsley quietly flipped to the section detailing Auroc's investigation of the Ulthan. "This. At least two are ascended, whatever that means. The only member Auroc knew for sure was your double, Ishtar the Ruin Goddess. Perhaps she and Genesis fought at some point, and that's where it got Ruination energy."

It would have surprised her if that was the case. These cosmic beings seemed more at odds with each other than the average Saiyan was with another Saiyan.

"He also fought Night and watched him kill Jormundr. And he knows of two places called the Candlemaker's Workshop and the Rookery. I intend on investigating both those places, if you feel like tagging along."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

( I know that but like I can use magic, and like magic is going to make my cell get a signal. My phone runs on technology, not magic ) Praxat thought. As she watches Sasheem's display, she knew she didn't have the cartoonish flexibility of the Majin but was still more flexible than a human due to her Springy Muscular System, that her flexibility would be what humans would refer to as superhuman.

Praxat closes her right hand ( Yeah, I'm on the right path exploring The Way of Compression and The Way of Sparking more. I wonder how close I'm to awaking to a new power?) Praxat thought.

" Never mind, forget what I said about the communication tech, your majesty," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Inanna sounded tired. They were all exhausted to some degree, but her especially so. Parsley supposed fighting a being the caliber of Genesis alone took more energy than fighting a false god with one foot in the grave already.

Parsley quietly flipped to the section detailing Auroc's investigation of the Ulthan. "This. At least two are ascended, whatever that means. The only member Auroc knew for sure was your double, Ishtar the Ruin Goddess. Perhaps she and Genesis fought at some point, and that's where it got Ruination energy."

It would have surprised her if that was the case. These cosmic beings seemed more at odds with each other than the average Saiyan was with another Saiyan.

"He also fought Night and watched him kill Jormundr. And he knows of two places called the Candlemaker's Workshop and the Rookery. I intend on investigating both those places, if you feel like tagging along."
    Inanna's eyes drifted lazily across the pages Parsley pointed out.

She was tired, having burned through her ascendant energy there was little left than sheer stubbornness keeping her upright. Though the mention of other Ascended was at least worth commenting on. "Ascended. Like I was, briefly. A means to transcend the limitations of your species... it's how I matched Genesis. Now the way is open, I need only train." Yet another item to sort.

Though it was as the former Oni looked over the listed 'Ulthan' again, that she noticed something.

"Lord Forger?"

It didn't register at first pace, due to her exhaustion, but taking time to consider it now; and see listed an unknown creature of magic...

"So is that the way of it then."

Inanna turned to Parsley.

"These 'Ulthan'... we've spoken. Though it seems the Lord Forger only offered half-truths..." She explained quickly, and softly. "Not for prying ears, this conversation, but understand this. I will need your help. As for the rest of this? The Candle Place. Rookery. I'll tag along, yes."

The list kept growing. Would it ever stop?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna's eyes drifted lazily across the pages Parsley pointed out.

She was tired, having burned through her ascendant energy there was little left than sheer stubbornness keeping her upright. Though the mention of other Ascended was at least worth commenting on. "Ascended. Like I was, briefly. A means to transcend the limitations of your species... it's how I matched Genesis. Now the way is open, I need only train." Yet another item to sort.

Though it was as the former Oni looked over the listed 'Ulthan' again, that she noticed something.

"Lord Forger?"

It didn't register at first pace, due to her exhaustion, but taking time to consider it now; and see listed an unknown creature of magic...

"So is that the way of it then."

Inanna turned to Parsley.

"These 'Ulthan'... we've spoken. Though it seems the Lord Forger only offered half-truths..." She explained quickly, and softly. "Not for prying ears, this conversation, but understand this. I will need your help. As for the rest of this? The Candle Place. Rookery. I'll tag along, yes."

The list kept growing. Would it ever stop?
    "Transcending one's race? I wonder if I can do the same." It was a reasonable assumption to believe she could. Parsley was beyond even Vocado, and every other Saiyan that had ever lived, other than Indar'en. In many ways, she had already transcended the Saiyan race by ascending past Super Saiyan.

On the other hand, hers was a level achievable by anyone who put in the work and dedication. What Inanna was talking about, she felt required more.

Something else to ponder over later.

She proceeded to show Inanna the page about the Ulthan. To her shock, the former Oni had spoken to them, or at least one of them. So, that is where your loose ends led you?

"A conversation for home, then," she uttered quietly. "We can begin when Sarada returns. The Saiyans will need a watchful eye until she gets back, and no one is more capable than I am."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"One supposes it's possible for you to... transcend, provided you acquire the means." Inanna replied, "but this conversation too is not one I'd engage in flippantly."

The mention of Sarada gave the woman some pause however, and with a weak gesture of dismissal Inanna added.

"There are some things I would not share with Sarada, until necessary to do so. This is one... among others." Inanna cared a great deal for Sarada... but there were certainly aspects of her personality that tended to exacerbate things.

"She's ever been far too eager to simply punch whatever it is, than try to understand it. No time to dabble in 'Nerd ****' as she'd call it." Parsley on the other hand...

"Not so, you. You've an eye for understanding. Manipulation. Useful tools, in times like these."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Anula leads Etrina and Dash to a room much further into the palace. Down a long and wide hall, lit by magical torches on either side, is a large black wooden door with intricate magical runes carved on it.

The Grand Maven’s room.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Anula leads Etrina and Dash to a room much further into the palace. Down a long and wide hall, lit by magical torches on either side, is a large black wooden door with intricate magical runes carved on it.

The Grand Maven’s room.
    "Well....here we are, about what I was expecting for the doorway....." Etrina mused as she took a step forward and examined the runes carved into it, given the knowledge the queen had gifted her during the rune situation early and her own knowledge to determine if the runes had any significant meaning, or if the door was trapped in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Well....here we are, about what I was expecting for the doorway....." Etrina mused as she took a step forward and examined the runes carved into it, given the knowledge the queen had gifted her during the rune situation early and her own knowledge to determine if the runes had any significant meaning, or if the door was trapped in some way.
    Dash stood back, though her eyes moved across the doors, looking closely at them and at the engraved symbols on it. One symbol in particular caught her attention, it looked vaguely familiar. Maybe it just reminded her of something else, or maybe she saw it somewhere. Shrugging slightly, she turned her attention back to Etrina.

In any case, there wasn't anything she could do to help so she continued to quietly stand back and watch.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"One supposes it's possible for you to... transcend, provided you acquire the means." Inanna replied, "but this conversation too is not one I'd engage in flippantly."

The mention of Sarada gave the woman some pause however, and with a weak gesture of dismissal Inanna added.

"There are some things I would not share with Sarada, until necessary to do so. This is one... among others." Inanna cared a great deal for Sarada... but there were certainly aspects of her personality that tended to exacerbate things.

"She's ever been far too eager to simply punch whatever it is, than try to understand it. No time to dabble in 'Nerd ****' as she'd call it." Parsley on the other hand...

"Not so, you. You've an eye for understanding. Manipulation. Useful tools, in times like these."
    Parsley had long decided to drop her manipulative ways when it failed to keep Sarada for surpassing her. Despite that, she still recognized that it worked, even if she was loathe to admit it.

"I actually meant I will keep guard over the Empire until Sarada returns," she explained. "I have little doubt she will grow impatient and start swinging prematurely." Oh, Parsley had little doubt that a fight would ensue when them and the members of this Ulthan cabal. The only thing was timing. It was crucial they ascertain their motives and plans before deciding where to go from there. They may have been of use, or they may need to die as soon as possible. There was no way to tell at this juncture.

"Besides, I need to find and rescue Maiz and stop Koorimaru from doing whatever it is he needs to do to free Remnant. The former was the one thing Sarada asked me to do while she's gone dealing with Tundra."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Death.

The wrong sequence of runes touched on the door to gain entry will cause instant death.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Voyavoda, having been... expelled from Sasheem and taken a bit of time to recover from the most unique experience of having been absorbed, finally approached the queen. He saluted, briefly, his heels clicking together. "Your Highness. It is good to see you in good health. Your daughter was... quite worried about you, though she was delayed due to a rather protracted struggle with that witch... the Grand Maven, I believe. She performed quite admirably, managing to eventually purge Auroc's taint from fully half of the Knights that attacked us. With a slight bit of assistance from various parties."

The old soldier cleared his throat. "Now... if I may be so bold, you wouldn't happen to know the nearest place to get a drink, now would you? A cellar full of spirits--preferably of the alcoholic, rather than phantasmal variety--since I... very much doubt any of the pubs nearby are operational."
    OOC: *coughcough, Cleric*
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Praxat goes off to explore the castle. As she explores. She takes note of the castle's layout and interior. ( This planet much have some technology on it or in need of technology) Praxat thought.

(Hmm, I could make some kind of technology that could help the queen and her people with their recovery, but I would need resources, materials to do it. I could make blueprints for such technology if I had paper and a pencil. Preferably 215.9 x 279.4mm drafting paper or larger) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Death.

The wrong sequence of runes touched on the door to gain entry will cause instant death.
    "Lovely...." Etrina muttered under her breath.

A puzzle had been laid out before her, and a single failure meant instant death......so the typical odds. Still, considering the security in place, whatever lay beyond must be special.

Firstly, Etrina considered the runes themsleves. Often runes had specific meanings, and strung together could mean something significant enough to the Maven to could as a password....like her favorite pet, who birthday or.....very very likely something auroc related.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    “How remarkable. A pleasure, Sir Zaozi.”
    "Remarkable? Heh." His sharp features narrowed, and for a moment, his eyes darted over Queen Nevin's figure for just a moment before eeking a thin smile, splitting to reveal a row of white teeth stretching from ear to ear. "You know what, you're not bad yourself. But my business here is concluded, Majesty, and quite frankly, I'm spoken for.

The dawn of a new day would spark a new era for the Threshlings, and unhindered by Auroc's design these were the budding moments of a future filled with fresh potential. That, above all things, had been worth fighting for.

Of course, at the end of all that, for all that was said and done Zaozi of Earth seemed far more interested in placing his warrior's vigor and cunning to other matters. Those far closer to home, and by the same battlefield swiftness evidently to heart.

She came wrapped in a white robe and when her bright eyes were unsheathed from the confines of that Mage's hood, that became his entire world.

He held Etrina in his arms...and with a bright issue of energy he'd become somewhat diminished. Yet to the Queen's eyes, she'd recognize him immediately.

Zaofan, after all, had been her rescuer.

The Prideful Mage side of her rebelled almost immediate, the Dom side of her was taken aback by the unfamiliar situation, and whatever side of her head Erosa came from rather enjoyed it...leading the the mage sputtering out in Zaofans arms like a broken dolls during, and for several moments after, the surprise kiss.
    He recalled it, a lingering phantom sensation from a distant, fading dream. Zaofan remembered that feeling pushing all else out of his mind. For all the techniques in the world, the only thing that stuck in his mind was that moment, that need he hadn't known so strongly until then. All he knew was that it filled him with a flood of silver light, and once he'd grabbed hold, it fell through him in a manner he could only describe as...magic.

He really hadn't been himself lately. Now that Etrina was here, it really was good to be back.

".....Zaofan...." Etrina said all dreamy eyed. "...You...."

Her hand snaked around his waist, and with eyes filled with love...
    Slowly he broke the kiss, his gourmet taster's lips breaking from those ones that whispered so many enchantments, just to breathe.

...how the did we end up here- oh to hell with it.

...and really, to take in just what had transpired to make him so bold.

"...I've been thinking of you so much, you know, every day, the whole time" he stammered, his grip quivering as he felt his face redden, "and, well, if there'd have been any other way-"

Oh, there were a thousand things he wanted to say to her!

...she renewed her vow to forever cherish her one true love.
    And yet, the moment his head hit the bricks, he folded over like a deflated, lovesick balloon, and nothing was left but a giddy bleating.

"...eeeh-hehehehehe~!!!"

...a natural, even Brutus and Barlon would think so...

After taking a moment to collect himself in the rubble, Zaofan bounced back to his feet and dusted himself off.

"Well, if my sense of things is about right, I'd best be getting down to work shortly," he said, "Who's hungry?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-02-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: *coughcough, Cleric*
    She smiles.

“My own private collection should still be viable. You can have your pick if you wish.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM