Page 188 of 371 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Lovely...." Etrina muttered under her breath.

A puzzle had been laid out before her, and a single failure meant instant death......so the typical odds. Still, considering the security in place, whatever lay beyond must be special.

Firstly, Etrina considered the runes themsleves. Often runes had specific meanings, and strung together could mean something significant enough to the Maven to could as a password....like her favorite pet, who birthday or.....very very likely something auroc related.
    Each one seems to stand for an elemental force.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Lovely...." Etrina muttered under her breath.

A puzzle had been laid out before her, and a single failure meant instant death......so the typical odds. Still, considering the security in place, whatever lay beyond must be special.

Firstly, Etrina considered the runes themsleves. Often runes had specific meanings, and strung together could mean something significant enough to the Maven to could as a password....like her favorite pet, who birthday or.....very very likely something auroc related.
    "Um, so are you able to figure it out?" Dash spoke from behind her.

OOC: Cleric, how many runes are on the door? Just wondering.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-02-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OOC: Hey Cleric, is Anula still there?

OOC: Hey Cleric, is Anula still there?
    She is, yes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Um, so are you able to figure it out?" Dash spoke from behind her.

OOC: Cleric, how many runes are on the door? Just wondering.
    Forty or so.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Praxat continues her exploration of the castle. As she does, she examines the walls.( Hmm, I wonder if these walls need dusting? All wall needs a little cleaning, preferably daily) Praxat thought.

( Who knows what disgusting germs and bacteria are on these walls) Praxat thought. Praxat then takes out a capsule from her right pocket with the label cleaning tools. She clicks on it and then tosses it to the ground to reveal a set of cleaning tools and a full hazmat suit.

She puts on the hazmat suit and starts using her cleaning tools to clean the walls and floor of the castle as she explores it. ( I wonder if this castle has a library?) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "All that self-pitying for nothing," The angel replied with a smirk, "You should go and greet your friends. We'll talk later."

"Wait, what did you mean by..."

His words trailed off into a sigh as Islay was gone. Despite his knowledge about her being very limited, he did know for certain that she was an annoying nuisance, just like the Old Dragon. Just what else did she have in store?

It felt weird hearing Evangeline being so friendly, considering the last time they had spoken... or rather, one part of him had spoken to her. Mother-like figure or enraged reluctant ally, how should he address her? In the end, it didn't matter.

"Thanks It's... well... it's going to be interesting now."

Sensing a nearby ki signature, "Charco" smiled and made his way toward Ochazuke. Considering the wide range of emotions the martial artist had shown his aspects, he could only wonder how he would be seen.

"Yo," He figured the shorter the sweeter when it came to greeting Ochazuke.
    Ochazuke's view of the approaching figure was unobscured, and seated there on the stone platform, his hands were intertwined before his face as he studied him.

His garb is deceptively simple, expertly fit for one of such confounding shape.

A bloodline comingled. Is this your latest play, Islay?

This amalgam of flesh and horn and scale was far too wild to be called a man, yet with a shape familiar and bearing that distinguished from the atavistic beast he'd opposed in late days. In a word, to his sensibilities, it was abject; for as much that was familiar in the aura of this creature, it was the subtle interplay therein, that seemed to indicate a number of presences therein, settled beneath a cold shroud.

"You've gotten taller," he said dryly. "Have you finally come into your own, then?"

Retired Overlord

“Anula...what can you tell me about the Maven...a clue perhaps to explain what she may have set a lock like this too.” Etrina took a step back to view the full door. “Elemental runes, 40 of them....that have to be pressed in a proper order. Does any of this ring a bell of some sort.....perhaps something important to the maven or auroc?”

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Well, if my sense of things is about right, I'd best be getting down to work shortly," he said, "Who's hungry?"
    A slender, but muscular arm draped itself around his neck. "You have no need to ask, Zaofan. You already know I'm at the top of that list."

Parsley pulled Zaofan down to her level, her arm tightening around his neck like a python. "And don't forget what I requested. When should I expect that lesson to take place? I suddenly have a very busy schedule and will have to pencil you in."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Anula...what can you tell me about the Maven...a clue perhaps to explain what she may have set a lock like this too.” Etrina took a step back to view the full door. “Elemental runes, 40 of them....that have to be pressed in a proper order. Does any of this ring a bell of some sort.....perhaps something important to the maven or auroc?”
    “The Maven was a thing of air and shadow, ether and smoke. If I had to suggest, go with elements akin to that.”

She studies the runes.

“Seven. Seven runes I believe are the passcode to get in.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“The Maven was a thing of air and shadow, ether and smoke. If I had to suggest, go with elements akin to that.”

She studies the runes.

Dash looked back at the rune that had drawn her attention, "Ah kinda get the feeling that," she then points, "that one has somethin to do with air. It looks familiar for some reason."

Retired Overlord

She studies the runes.

“So that would be four out of seven. Air is obvious, ether is an element of magic, smoke and shadow are deeply rooted in fire and darkness.” Etrina tapped her chin. “Air, fire, magic, darkness, shadow, ether and smoke.” The mage eyed the door. “Are these runes present?”

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash looked back at the rune that had drawn her attention, "Ah kinda get the feeling that," she then points, "that one has somethin to do with air. It looks familiar for some reason."
    “Oh?” Etrina followed her finger to the rune. “Familiarity can sometimes be the mind playing tricks....but, this rune does give that impression.” The mage awaited anulas confirmation just in case.

“Oh?” Etrina followed her finger to the rune. “Familiarity can sometimes be the mind playing tricks....but, this rune does give that impression.” The mage awaited anulas confirmation just in case.
    "Now that ah think of it," Dash studied the rune once more before looking at Etrina, "ah think it's similar to one of the symbols on my Storm Armor. Might just be a coincidence."

“So that would be four out of seven. Air is obvious, ether is an element of magic, smoke and shadow are deeply rooted in fire and darkness.” Etrina tapped her chin. “Air, fire, magic, darkness, shadow, ether and smoke.” The mage eyed the door. “Are these runes present?”
    They are indeed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM