Page 190 of 371 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat goes about exploring the castle. ( People say I'm obsessed with cleaning. I'm absolutely not obsessed with cleaning, I just don't like germs is all) Praxat thought.

Praxat checks every room she can enter and hasn't been in yet.
    With half of it ruined, and the rest being killed about, you only manage to find about three rooms that you can explore that aren’t filled with people or debris.

The kitchens, with attached wine cellar.
    The armory.
    The Library.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Voyavoda returned the smile. "Excellent. Nothing quite like a good drink after a hard-fought battle." That was something the bulk of Nevadians believed, not just a single tribe.

Getting the location from the Queen, he set out to find it. It did not take long. Despite the destruction in the area, there were enough landmarks that, in combination with the detailed directions the queen had given, to find it.

The entrance was covered in rubble, but that was a simple matter to solve--he simply picked the rubble up and cast it aside. Simple, easy, quick.

Entering the private collection, he stopped at the entrance, his eyes shining crimson as he scanned the cellar. This wasn't just to ensure that there were no booby traps--good alcohol was worth guarding, after all--but also... well, to see if he picked up any 'odd' signatures coming from any of the bottles.

Given Reshlan's circumstances until recently, if he were in the Queen's position, a wine (well, alcohol) cellar like this would be a very inconspicuous place to stash away, for example, potions or other such useful things. After all, who would think twice about a queen, with all the stress her position no doubt entailed, having a drink now and then?
    The cellar is not magically sealed or locked.

You do get faint auras of magic from within.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sometime after speaking with Inanna, Parsley removed the final piece of her stash from the capsule, the straight sword. She wasn't one for swords, but if it was worth something, she would find a way to do more than merely swing it like a barbarian. If not, well, it would make for a nice keepsake, perhaps above the mantle in her study back home.

Observational Focus
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Elsewhere, in Reshlan Orbit

When the strange warship of the First Race - or at least that's what the Admiral's cobbled-together company called it - departed with The Galloping and one of the Colonialist Royals back to the homeworld below, the Nevadian Navigator vessel, the Penelope, remained in orbit, good as their word, and Captain Ulysses stood on the bridge. The cup he'd clutched in his hand had long run cold, his lips stained an off-blue from the stimulant decoction as he peered into the piloting HUD behind the helmsman as he kept it treading level. With it's nose pointed to the planet's surface, the explorer's craft was poised to make the jump at a moment's notice to this hellhole they'd etched the coordinates for.

Transponder drones slowly circled the world, taking precise measures as they scanned the surface and wound a path through the scores of Reshlan's natural satellites. A moon-orbited ringworld. If you hadn't been anywhere else, you'd think yours was the crown jewel in all the universe. Boy is this landing going to be a rough one...

What a strange sight to take in. From this distance you'd never know there was a battle happening below that would shake the entire surface of the planet.

"Captain," the Helmsman spoke, his eyes not once turning from his control console. "The space probe's finally pinged back. Combined with the data we'd gathered on Baradur, getting word back to the Federation is practically a straight shot."

Ulysses nodded, taking a sip of the heady blue liquid as he briefly turned his attention to a copy in his wrist computer. "Well that's some good news, for a change," he chuckled, "can't set the stage if you can't find your way there in the first place, am I right, boys?"

A dark fit of laughter filled the bridge, for they knew that the fastest response would be the larger part of twenty-four hours, and that's with the latest craft. What they were getting ready to do was quite the opposite of what the commission had outlined in writing. "That's our lot, isn't it? The ones who set foot get all the credit, not the guys that gave him the boot in the ass to reach it." The Navigation Guild's craft was a subtle one, and too often, like the battle raging below, it was often a contribution that had been invisible. But Held Debon was a cut above, and as stiff as the higher brass on the Council was, they'd see to it that an Admiral's life would not go unanswered for.

Suddenly, the Helmsman leaned in. "I'm getting energy readings on the planet surface. It's spiking, and cutting through the barrier we saw previously."

"All hands on deck," the Captain ordered, "Get ready to scramble! How bad is it?"

"Burying the needle," sounded off the engineer, "We're talking heat that makes cracking continents look small. Real end of the world stuff!"

Ulysses grit his teeth, when suddenly all the screens on board flickered and the entire vessel lurched to portside as a shot of energy carried up from the stratosphere and cut out a path towards the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Admiral." He stated politely, "And I can hardly take all of the credit....I was neither the one who found this planet, nor exterminated Auroc....I just happened to be able to support those with enough talent to do either."

...Speaking of which, where the hell are---Eh, I'll look for them later.

The Nevadian was silent for a moment as he took measure of the Queen's words. It should not have been surprising. The town he had visited was quite a bit more...quaint, than what he had expected, although it made a perverse sense. Auroc was hardly the type to be concerned with anything other than his grip on power, or his own egotistical worship. He likely suppressed their growth out of fear they might be able to rebel against him, if given enough free range.

Or, he simply didn't see the need to help them, seeing them as nothing other than pawns in his path of conquest.

"Say no more." Held replied, nodding his head in understanding, as he transmitted instructions to Captain Ulysses and his men. "I'll begin the process of rendering aid immediately."
    At first, static crackled through the communication line with a shrill whine, and after a moment, the line righted itself as the craft closed distance.

"...---kkk---Coming in---landing...ETA...unknown, hell if we can find a damn clearing, what the hell did you people do down here?"

Slowly the craft lowered, cutting through the hazy clouds and letting in a little light over the ruined capital city, before coming to a stop outside of a shattered archway near the front of the city.

"This is the SS Penelope sounding off, Admiral," Ulysses responded, "We'll be moving to your position on foot with a first cargo haul. For our sake, I'm hoping you've encountered a few friendlies in the field."

In no time at all, the dour-faced Captain had reached their position with a lightly armoured survey division, a store of crates hovering near them on suspensor lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The following is found within the Grand Maven’s Room:

-Ten Crystals
    -One large crystal in a skull apparatus. This one hums with magical power.
    -One closed and locked spell book.
    -One open spell book
    -One brazier/forge/oven
    -About twelve different Reshlan native plants and samples for potions and spell work.
    -Two pre-made potions
    -One locked trunk
    -About ten different books on plants, minerals, and their various works in magic and alchemy
    -One blue and black stone ring
    -One red amulet
    -And other such paraphernalia and equipment.
    Finishing up her cataloging, Dash approaches Etrina, holding the sketchpad in her hand. "Ah finished my side of the room, do you need help with your side?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Nevin laughs, then looks at Zoafan.

“Goodman Zaofan, not to interrupt your rather....affectionate moment, I must say I am pleased to see you survived and are well. In fact......so would ask a favor of you.”
    Flapping out the Z-cape, a sheet of dust hit the floor. Zaofan had been partway into folding it into a neat, little white square when he heard the Queen calling for him.

"Oh, uh...ehhhhehheh..." he loosened one of the buttons at his neck as he felt himself grow a little hot under the collar...then pulled apart the next two, "'scuse me, things did happen a little fast."

Clearing his throat, he stood at attention. "A favour? Well, it never hurts to help."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sometime after speaking with Inanna, Parsley removed the final piece of her stash from the capsule, the straight sword. She wasn't one for swords, but if it was worth something, she would find a way to do more than merely swing it like a barbarian. If not, well, it would make for a nice keepsake, perhaps above the mantle in her study back home.

Observational Focus

Intricately carved with old lines and ancient meaning, the blade is....old. Beyond old. Older than most civilizations, older than most sentients. It is lite and well balanced, its blade sharper even than her ax.

Geistbane is its name.

And it can slice intangible things, be they spiritual or magical or not.

Parsley gets the sense Auroc knew how to handle The Maven if it came down to it and she tried to, literally, ghost him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Flapping out the Z-cape, a sheet of dust hit the floor. Zaofan had been partway into folding it into a neat, little white square when he heard the Queen calling for him.

"Oh, uh...ehhhhehheh..." he loosened one of the buttons at his neck as he felt himself grow a little hot under the collar...then pulled apart the next two, "'scuse me, things did happen a little fast."

Clearing his throat, he stood at attention. "A favour? Well, it never hurts to help."
    The Queen stands, disentangling herself from her sleeping daughter and her young son.

She stands taller than Zaofan, and when she rises, those around her go silent.

“You saved me, Goodman Zaofan, and prevented a fate worse than death. They intended on draining me dry, then using my soul as fuel for further Magic’s. For my life, I would bestow a boon on you.”

She gestures.

“Kneel.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

The following is found within the Grand Maven’s Room:

-Ten Crystals
    -One large crystal in a skull apparatus. This one hums with magical power.
    -One closed and locked spell book.
    -One open spell book
    -One brazier/forge/oven
    -About twelve different Reshlan native plants and samples for potions and spell work.
    -Two pre-made potions
    -One locked trunk
    -About ten different books on plants, minerals, and their various works in magic and alchemy
    -One blue and black stone ring
    -One red amulet
    -And other such paraphernalia and equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Finishing up her cataloging, Dash approaches Etrina, holding the sketchpad in her hand. "Ah finished my side of the room, do you need help with your side?"
    "No need, My side of the room is clear.....quite a few interesting ones here. Seems the Maven was an alchemist in addition to her other skills." Etrina took the sketchbook and flipped through it. "Good script, you've done this sort of thing before then....good, good." The Mage placed the book, open, on the desk.

"How about brewing us up some tea, and I'll start with the more obvious magical artifacts....." Etrina brought the Red Amulet, Blue and Black Rings and one of the crystals over to the table....making sure to carefully transport them and keep them separated on the table. Then one by one she began inspecting them, gadding their magical potential and attempting to discern their purpose while adding in notes on the sketchbook Dash had produced.

The Queen stands, disentangling herself from her sleeping daughter and her young son.

She stands taller than Zaofan, and when she rises, those around her go silent.

“You saved me, Goodman Zaofan, and prevented a fate worse than death. They intended on draining me dry, then using my soul as fuel for further Magic’s. For my life, I would bestow a boon on you.”

She gestures.

“Kneel.”
    "I'd like to think that was the decent thing to do," he shrugged simply, but when she spoke and made her gesture, Zaofan slipped into laughter. "Hah hah hah! Well I'm flattered, but spoken fo-"

It was at this moment that he noticed just how tall her regal self stood. There was no mistaking that the Queen was anybody else's mother but Nevanlinna's, but while the princess's refinement was proud in a way unbeholden to anyone else - especially as they'd all come to learn it had been in exile - the way Nevin commanded silence among this gathering of warriors and magicians alike was in a manner becoming of the matriarch of a nation, and held firm the voice of an entire people.

And suddenly Zaofan became very interested in looking at his shoes for a good, long second, taking a deep breath before standing on ceremony.

Crossing a hand over his chest, he humbly took a knee.

The cellar is not magically sealed or locked.

You do get faint auras of magic from within.
    No seals or locks. Good. Didn't appear to be any traps, either. Doubly good.

And he sensed flows of magic, however faint, within. Magic was by no means his forte, but he had long ago trained his Shingan to be able to pick up its presence and flow. And there was certainly some magic thrumming inside.

Oho, the queen was clever, indeed.

Opening the door, Voyavoda stepped inside and began searching the cellar, looking for any magical potions and knick-knacks hidden away... as well as the finest aged wines and spirits, of course. Those were just as important, if not more so... a man couldn't go without his victory drink!

And, oh, what a cellar this was. Light level, temperature, humidity... all perfect for storing and aging wine. No doubt the spirits here would be aged to perfection.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Intricately carved with old lines and ancient meaning, the blade is....old. Beyond old. Older than most civilizations, older than most sentients. It is lite and well balanced, its blade sharper even than her ax.

Geistbane is its name.

And it can slice intangible things, be they spiritual or magical or not.

Parsley gets the sense Auroc knew how to handle The Maven if it came down to it and she tried to, literally, ghost him.
    Parsley was impressed. Very impressed. A blade that could cut through intangible things, regardless of circumstance. "Not bad, Auroc. Not bad at all." It would have come in more than handy against Auroc himself, but there was very little point in dwelling on the past.

She gave the sword a few practice swings, relishing in how it whistled through the air with conducted by her vast strength.

"I'll need to find a sword master to teach me the proper way to wield this exquisite weapon," she said to herself. Beyond the preternatural characteristic of the blade, she examined the physical properties. It was light and well-balanced, exquisitely forged with a blade that was even sharper than her ax. "I wonder how well it channels energy."

To test, she tried pushing a small bit of energy through the blade.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "No need, My side of the room is clear.....quite a few interesting ones here. Seems the Maven was an alchemist in addition to her other skills." Etrina took the sketchbook and flipped through it. "Good script, you've done this sort of thing before then....good, good." The Mage placed the book, open, on the desk.

"How about brewing us up some tea, and I'll start with the more obvious magical artifacts....." Etrina brought the Red Amulet, Blue and Black Rings and one of the crystals over to the table....making sure to carefully transport them and keep them separated on the table. Then one by one she began inspecting them, gadding their magical potential and attempting to discern their purpose while adding in notes on the sketchbook Dash had produced.
    Dash looked around, "Ah don't see anyway to brew tea around here." Deciding she owed Etrina that much at least for the favor she asked, "Tell you what, ah think ah know where ah can get us some tea. Ah'll be right back."

With that, Dash took off like a lightening bolt, heading for the kitchen she had seen earlier. On her way she saw Praxat and waved hi before rushing past and to the kitchen. Once there, she quickly grabbed what she needed, heated up the water, then made a pot of tea. Grabbing cups and saucers, and a few other things, she then placing everything in a capsule and quickly returned to the Maven's room.

Finding a safe place to lay it out, "Ah hope you like this, ah have no idea what Threshlings use for tea." She then poured cups for both of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I'd like to think that was the decent thing to do," he shrugged simply, but when she spoke and made her gesture, Zaofan slipped into laughter. "Hah hah hah! Well I'm flattered, but spoken fo-"

It was at this moment that he noticed just how tall her regal self stood. There was no mistaking that the Queen was anybody else's mother but Nevanlinna's, but while the princess's refinement was proud in a way unbeholden to anyone else - especially as they'd all come to learn it had been in exile - the way Nevin commanded silence among this gathering of warriors and magicians alike was in a manner becoming of the matriarch of a nation, and held firm the voice of an entire people.

And suddenly Zaofan became very interested in looking at his shoes for a good, long second, taking a deep breath before standing on ceremony.

Crossing a hand over his chest, he humbly took a knee.
    “Sword.”

She holds her hand out, and the Commander of her Golden Knights gives her his sword.

“Goodman Zaofan, you have proven the three traits of the old coda for Threshling Knights: Willingness to help above and beyond the call of duty, the ability to fight well and honorably, and the ability to show mercy when your enemy won’t. We have lost our way because of Auroc and his influence, but these were once the true core of our three Brotherhoods, and hopefully will be once again. I would dub thee Sir Zaofan, White Knight of Reshlan, first of your kind.”

She touches the blade to each shoulder, then once to the top of his head.

“Arise Sir Zaofan.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-03-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley was impressed. Very impressed. A blade that could cut through intangible things, regardless of circumstance. "Not bad, Auroc. Not bad at all." It would have come in more than handy against Auroc himself, but there was very little point in dwelling on the past.

She gave the sword a few practice swings, relishing in how it whistled through the air with conducted by her vast strength.

"I'll need to find a sword master to teach me the proper way to wield this exquisite weapon," she said to herself. Beyond the preternatural characteristic of the blade, she examined the physical properties. It was light and well-balanced, exquisitely forged with a blade that was even sharper than her ax. "I wonder how well it channels energy."

To test, she tried pushing a small bit of energy through the blade.
    It does not channel energy well. That was never its purpose.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM