Page 192 of 371 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    “Sword.”

She holds her hand out, and the Commander of her Golden Knights gives her his sword.

“Goodman Zaofan, you have proven the three traits of the old coda for Threshling Knights: Willingness to help above and beyond the call of duty, the ability to fight well and honorably, and the ability to show mercy when your enemy won’t. We have lost our way because of Auroc and his influence, but these were once the true core of our three Brotherhoods, and hopefully will be once again. I would dub thee Sir Zaofan, White Knight of Reshlan, first of your kind.”

She touches the blade to each shoulder, then once to the top of his head.

“Arise Sir Zaofan.”
    The words of the little ceremony made his heart leap a bit, and even though it was just a little thing, Zaofan, nonetheless, rose among the Threshling nobility as peer to their own. What a title. A Sir! A real, honest to royal Sir!

I can't remember the last time I've been called that.

"Thank you, Your Grace." He pat his shoulder where the sword of Reshlan herself fell, and he felt the wear of the earlier fight lift off of him. As soon as his shoulder acted up, he felt the weight of obligation upon him.

Thus, their present circumstances notwithstanding, what ought a knight in her majesty's service do?

"Well the first act of Zaofan the White, Knight of...uh, the Cloth..." Patting down the front of his coat, he fished out a long capsule - the sort of capacity reserved for vehicles - and laid down a spread of Earth's Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "My own?"

It was strange not seeing Ochazuke enraged at him, or at least a part of him.

"I don't think individuality can really apply to me any more."

It was only then he realized just how weird it was being aware of your own tail. Although Rex knew it as a mere extension of his body, most of his aspect had never experienced one, feeling it gently brush against the ground.

"I... we... I dunno. It's a long story, longer depending on whose memory I'm going off of, but, regardless, the cycle between Rex and the Ogatan has been broken. I'll be the last one... for better or for worse."
    So that's what it was. The way the young man spoke carried the familiar, rash tone of Charco as Ochazuke had known him; Yet the cadence, his subtle mannerisms echoed within this entity's peculiar bearing betrayed the presence of countless souls gathered within that frame.

"So those heirs of the Ogatan, the entire lineage of those your Saurian aspect had consumed live on yet."

In matters of overseeing a collective, Ochazuke had been, in a manner of speaking, versed in the methods. Hours ago he'd reached out to the unheard, he'd crafted their silent power into something tangible.

But a consciousness gathered within one such as this entity, that was something else entirely; the last time he'd seen the like was at that Mountain. Within the gestalt's latest statement he could still hear the sentiments of the beast.

"Rex persisted as long as he had because he ensured he had, indeed, been the last one remaining, time and again." Righting his posture where he sat, Ochazuke's hands shifted before him. "All the better for him."

What made this one any different?

"Fragmented or otherwise, you've returned. For what reason?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    So that's what it was. The way the young man spoke carried the familiar, rash tone of Charco as Ochazuke had known him; Yet the cadence, his subtle mannerisms echoed within this entity's peculiar bearing betrayed the presence of countless souls gathered within that frame.

"So those heirs of the Ogatan, the entire lineage of those your Saurian aspect had consumed live on yet."

In matters of overseeing a collective, Ochazuke had been, in a manner of speaking, versed in the methods. Hours ago he'd reached out to the unheard, he'd crafted their silent power into something tangible.

But a consciousness gathered within one such as this entity, that was something else entirely; the last time he'd seen the like was at that Mountain. Within the gestalt's latest statement he could still hear the sentiments of the beast.

"Rex persisted as long as he had because he ensured he had, indeed, been the last one remaining, time and again." Righting his posture where he sat, Ochazuke's hands shifted before him. "All the better for him."

What made this one any different?

"Fragmented or otherwise, you've returned. For what reason?"
    "That..." He began, trailing off with a sigh. Rubbing the back of his neck, his fingers slipping into lock of coarse hair,"... that is a good question. I dunno, other than..." He extended both arms outward above his head, making a dramatic showing as he stated, "... "I am needed" as a few meddlesome assholes put it. "

No matter which one of his aspects one asked, all of them had grown tired of the cryptic riddles and non-answers.

" 'sides that, I might be pretty decent in a fight. Pissed off this one chick with tubes in her back and probably need to settle it, oh! I also remember someone telling me about a dude called the Beast God who sounds like he might be fun to fight, so there's that."

Truthfully, he didn't want to delve too deeply into existential topics. With an identity that was still being formed, his mental stability couldn't handle it just yet. By focusing on one of the main things that connected all aspects, fighting, he might be able to bring about some solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "That..." He began, trailing off with a sigh. Rubbing the back of his neck, his fingers slipping into lock of coarse hair,"... that is a good question. I dunno, other than..." He extended both arms outward above his head, making a dramatic showing as he stated, "... "I am needed" as a few meddlesome assholes put it. "

No matter which one of his aspects one asked, all of them had grown tired of the cryptic riddles and non-answers.

" 'sides that, I might be pretty decent in a fight. Pissed off this one chick with tubes in her back and probably need to settle it, oh! I also remember someone telling me about a dude called the Beast God who sounds like he might be fun to fight, so there's that."

Truthfully, he didn't want to delve too deeply into existential topics. With an identity that was still being formed, his mental stability couldn't handle it just yet. By focusing on one of the main things that connected all aspects, fighting, he might be able to bring about some solidarity.
    Studying this one's face as he seemed to be at a loss for an answer, Ochazuke felt the malaise and exhaustion redouble within him. This new entity was a precocious sort, but prepared to face whatever came before him nonetheless. If this were a design from a higher power, it had the same chaotic pattern he'd unfortunately gotten quite used to by now.

How very characteristic of him. Seems Rex was not the only thing to persist through generations. Still, he was ready and willing to fight, come what may. For now that may be all that matters.

"We shall see your mettle rather shortly. Whatever you can remember of Genesis will need to be shared, as well as this Beast God."

If he spoke true, then Ochazuke wondered it the memory-consciousness the hybrid carried with him, the thousands of lifetimes of the Ogatan successorship he carried within him now, would be enough to see him through the coming days of battle. Before they'd been limited, living on borrowed time and forgotten but for shame of weakness.

"It seems you've already settled on a path, at the very least." Those fallen ones, caught up now in this strange karmic anomaly, at last, might live. "It is one you no longer walk alone. Don't ever forget that."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley, may have made a mistake. When she drank the potion, all felt as it should have. Then, a feeling of her being pulled from Reshlan to elsewhere overtook her. Before she knew it, she was in the middle of a disgusting alley in the middle of a rainy night. What the hell? Where am I? I knew I shouldn't have drunken this stupid potion!

She sighed and picked herself off the ground. It seemed she had everything with her, so at least she wasn't unarmed. However, she was on an unknown world alone, with no way of getting back. Maybe I can will myself back. Before she thought to try, a neon sign above off to the side attracted her attention.

The Rookery.

The odds were uncanny. Either some higher force willed this, or the potion was attuned to this location for some reason. She hoped, in all honesty, that it was the former. The latter meant it was of no use to her in a practical or combat sense. On the other hand, she had been presented with a golden opportunity to knock off one of the items on her shared list with Inanna. Plus, she had been getting bored just standing around. Perhaps she could learn something or see a little action. Either way, she intended on seeing this opportunity for all it was worth.

First, she ate the last of the two devil fruits she had with her to restore her strength and energy. Then, she steeled herself and stepped through the door of the Rookery.
    OT: I meant the pink ones she got from Auroc’s vault.

IC: Stepping inside, Parsley is met by one of the seediest looking bars ever. Acrid smoke fills the place, testament to dozens of different and alien tobaccos. About two dozen aliens of different races sit at various tables and stools, Parsley recognizing a Kitani, a Promethean, a half-saiyan, what looks like a mutated Arcosian that’s green, and way more.

At the bar, ahe sees a short creature polishing several glasses.

Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Dash, in one of the myriad of books, you discover a key.

It goes to the trunk.

Etrina, the open book seems standard Threshling Magic’s. Things Anula and the others could do, though there is a fair amount about blood magic towards the back as well.

The locked one seems....older. The presence of magic on it more potent.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat explores the Kitchen first and goes up cleaning everything there. Then explores The Armory and cleans everything there as well. Including polishing armor and weapons she spots. She eventually makes way to The Library and starts cleaning everything there.

(Oh, so this castle does have a Library. Good, maybe I can find some paper here? Perhaps I can also do a little reading while I'm here as well) Praxat thought.
    You do find some paper.

You also find all the books are written in the Threshling language, so reading them will be hard at the moment.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Dash, in one of the myriad of books, you discover a key.

It goes to the trunk.

Etrina, the open book seems standard Threshling Magic’s. Things Anula and the others could do, though there is a fair amount about blood magic towards the back as well.

The locked one seems....older. The presence of magic on it more potent.
    Taking the key, Dash uses it to open the lock on the trunk. Once unlocked, she opens it carefully and looks inside.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Nevin nods.

“Lord Mantis Redmine. Master magician and former head of magical studies before the Maven took over. The staff and circlet are bonded artifacts, meant to be used as a pair. The staff has had spells of Eldritch magic cast into it, allowing for the quicker casting of powerful spells. It can also absorb magic and turn it against enemy casters. The circlet allows the wearer not only the ability to see and understand foreign Magic’s, but also allows the wearer to formulate counter Magic’s if possible.”
    Inanna nods. "I see."

With a frown she says, "it's a shame the man challenged me. Had he realized why we were here, perhaps he would have had his job back." Holding the trinkets out in offer, Inanna then said. "Would you prefer them kept in Threshling hands?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna nods. "I see."

With a frown she says, "it's a shame the man challenged me. Had he realized why we were here, perhaps he would have had his job back." Holding the trinkets out in offer, Inanna then said. "Would you prefer them kept in Threshling hands?"
    “He is dead then? A shame. He was not an ally, but neither was he a true enemy. I believe Auroc threatened his family had he not helped.”

She nods.

“Their return would be appreciated. Redmine’s son and daughter both still live, and the artifacts are theirs if you refuse to claim them.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

OT: I meant the pink ones she got from Auroc’s vault.

IC: Stepping inside, Parsley is met by one of the seediest looking bars ever. Acrid smoke fills the place, testament to dozens of different and alien tobaccos. About two dozen aliens of different races sit at various tables and stools, Parsley recognizing a Kitani, a Promethean, a half-saiyan, what looks like a mutated Arcosian that’s green, and way more.

At the bar, ahe sees a short creature polishing several glasses.

When Parsley walked inside, she had a feeling the interior was going to be murky and gross, just based purely on the location she arrived. She was correct. The air was choked with at least a dozen different smokes. She let out a small cough and waved her hand in front of her nose to futilely procure a clean avenue of breathing. There was a reason she very rarely frequented any of the bars and holes-in-the-wall on Vocado. The manner of people and the state they maintained the establishments were deplorable.

She stepped forward, eyes darting back and forth to take stock of the patrons. Many of the races she recognized, including the half-breed Saiyan. She made a note to speak with that one before she left. A wide variety of regulars, she noted silently. I wish I knew what part of the galaxy I'm in. Hell, am I even in the same universe.

A small bead of anxiety sprouted in her chest. That damned potion shunted her off to gods-knew-where, and she wasn't sure if she was able to get back. It sent her to this place in particular for a reason. Why? No better place to start than here, I suppose.

She stopped in front of the bar and sat down. She rapped her knuckles on the wood to attract the bartender's attention. "Whiskey." She leaned forward and kept her voice low. "Does the name Auroc mean anything to you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Parsley walked inside, she had a feeling the interior was going to be murky and gross, just based purely on the location she arrived. She was correct. The air was choked with at least a dozen different smokes. She let out a small cough and waved her hand in front of her nose to futilely procure a clean avenue of breathing. There was a reason she very rarely frequented any of the bars and holes-in-the-wall on Vocado. The manner of people and the state they maintained the establishments were deplorable.

She stepped forward, eyes darting back and forth to take stock of the patrons. Many of the races she recognized, including the half-breed Saiyan. She made a note to speak with that one before she left. A wide variety of regulars, she noted silently. I wish I knew what part of the galaxy I'm in. Hell, am I even in the same universe.

A small bead of anxiety sprouted in her chest. That damned potion shunted her off to gods-knew-where, and she wasn't sure if she was able to get back. It sent her to this place in particular for a reason. Why? No better place to start than here, I suppose.

She stopped in front of the bar and sat down. She rapped her knuckles on the wood to attract the bartender's attention. "Whiskey." She leaned forward and kept her voice low. "Does the name Auroc mean anything to you?"
    The short creature grunts, pulls out a dark bottle, and pours a healthy amount.

“Brinta Whiskey.”

He pauses and looks her over.

“Auroc? Names seems familiar. What’s it to ya?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Taking the key, Dash uses it to open the lock on the trunk. Once unlocked, she opens it carefully and looks inside.
    Three things greet her and Etrina.

One is a simple dark dagger laying in a case.

The second is a crystal vial of silver liquid shot with red.

The last is a small, curled up creature that appears to be snoring. It snuffles, than lazily opens its eyes.

Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The short creature grunts, pulls out a dark bottle, and pours a healthy amount.

“Brinta Whiskey.”

He pauses and looks her over.

“Auroc? Names seems familiar. What’s it to ya?”
    "I'm following his footsteps," she answered as she took the whiskey. "He was a pain in the ass, but he's led an interesting life. One of the places he visited was here. Beyond the fine hard liquor, any clue why?"

After speaking, she took a sip of the drink to get a taste for it. As she drank, she spread her senses throughout the bar to keep an eye on the patrons and anything that may have been out of the ordinary.

Observational Focus
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Three things greet her and Etrina.

One is a simple dark dagger laying in a case.

The second is a crystal vial of silver liquid shot with red.

The last is a small, curled up creature that appears to be snoring. It snuffles, than lazily opens its eyes.

Dash smiles at the creature, "Ah hope you're friendly, little one. Now how did you end up locked away in there?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.