Page 195 of 371 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Believe it or not, it seems that the sentiments shared by blacktongue and his team were not as....indicative of the sentiments of Reshlan at large." Held replied over his communicator with a laugh.

Almost a moment later, he spotted the armored transport heading to his direction.

The Nevadian turned to his comrade, tipping his head towards the direction of good Captain.

"You're certainly swift." Held replied with an impressed tone, "I thought I would have time to find a good bar....But, no matter."

Besides, I'm getting a bit leery of Threshling booze....

"I haven't gotten a chance to take the lay of the land yet myself....Any idea on the condition the planet is in?"

The Nevadian frowned slightly. He had some inkling of the damage that could have been done, if Auroc had his way. The Majin had certainly been quite through in his endeavors, despite his foppery. It was a minor miracle on it's own that so many countermeasures managed to be undone.

But, even then, years of abusing the planet, and corrupting it's very essence with his will, and the actual attempts made to unmake it...Well, even if not the worst case scenario, it would have been an act of the Kami's for it to emerge completely unscathed.

"I'll ask the Queen's permission, but I'll see if we set up shop on the city outskirts. We can focus some of our efforts here, at the epicenter, but I'm half expecting to find more remote areas are in need of assistance also."
    As he approached the Admiral, Captain Ulysses began accessing the gathered realtime data as it refreshed.

"We've practically mapped out the whole thing, visually speaking, anyway," he replied, "After whatever that was that shot out of the atmosphere into the sun, other than..."

Trailing off, he briefly used his free hand to motion towards the flattened urban wasteland that seemed to stretch to the smoking horizon around them.

"...it's still viable. Though, uh, other than fields and workshops, there seems to be a strange lack of industrial infrastructure anywhere on this planet."

His single eye peered at Held. They both knew they had the means to get off-world and into the wider universe, which meant the energy needed to fuel such an endeavour came from a previously unestablished source.

One unlike any known on the Galactic marketplace. They had to act fast if they wanted an exclusive deal.

"At any rate, we've also mapped out the route here in an encrypted log. Send word to the Federation, and they can be there within a day, if that's how you want to play it."

Standard protocol, really, though truth be told the Navigator did not think the head office had to deal with an unknown quantity in quite some time. All the commercial laneways for space freight they needed were already mapped out. Yet they hadn't counted on undiscovered civilizations in uncharted space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The Queen gives you permission once you ask.
    "...well, that was easy."

Setting down one of the large hovering crates, the Captain released the cargo. The Diplomacy Package, as they named it, contained the foundational essentials for aid relief of a Type I civilization. Medicine, widespread and largely universal across species, ration portions - though who could say if palates were compatible with Nevadian tastes. Rolling out the heavy clinking of a stout, amber bottle, Ulysses gripped it aloft between his long, pale fingers before Held.

"By the way, funny you should mention the top brass on the colony planet," he said, pulling the oak-aged distillation away for a moment "before you close to deal, there's something I'd like to know."

Opening up a second transport, the Threshling Triad of Baradur, bound in restraints, were greeted by the sight of their ruined homeworld. The Silver Knight Canin sat so still that, but for his fogging breath, he was no more animate than a suit of armour on display. The High Priestess Cin let out a long wail the moment she saw the burning sky.

And conspicuously silent was the Herald of Auroc, Lord Markus Blacktongue.

"I kept them around, as ordered, but it's more than they deserve," the Captain said, "anybody going to hold them accountable?"

Food! That was the top priority now....hopefully the Saiyans hadn't raised the kitchen yet. Sasheem was especially famished after that fight, powering him to such a level after absorbing Voyavoda and then powering down after the Nevadian was...unabsorbed.

He was more famished than he had been in a while, and so, hoping the Threshlings weren't a race with a boring diet, he found their kitchen and raided the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    You do find some paper.

You also find all the books are written in the Threshling language, so reading them will be hard at the moment.
    While in The Library. Praxat thinks back to the moment Dash passed her on the way to the Kitchen. ( Shit, I have been so occupied with cleaning that I forgot to say Hi to Dash back when I saw her. Well, I think that's enough cleaning ) Praxat thought.

( I didn't have to go about cleaning, but when I expect germs, I just have to clean, and I'm sure that her majesty and her people will appreciate my cleaning,) Praxat thought.

Praxat then takes off her Hazmat suit and takes out a capsule from her right coat pocket. Praxat puts the Hazmat suit and her cleaning tools into the capsule. Then puts the capsule into her right coat pocket. She then grabs the paper she spots and looks into the books.

( Shit, I can't read any of this, hmm maybe I could get a Threshling to help me read these? Okay, now that I have some paper time to get to work on some blueprints.) Praxat thought.

Praxat takes out a capsule marked engineer tools from her left coat pocket and clicks on it. Praxat tosses the capsule to the ground and out pops an assortment of engineer tools and a top-quality mechanical pencil. Praxat grabs the mechanical pencil of the floor and puts her engineer tools back into the capsule. Praxat then puts the capsule contain her engineer tools back into her left coat pocket.

Praxat finds a table and gets to work drawing up blueprints. ( Okay, hmm, what would be some kind of technology that would help her majesty and her people with their recovery? ) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As he approached the Admiral, Captain Ulysses began accessing the gathered realtime data as it refreshed.

"We've practically mapped out the whole thing, visually speaking, anyway," he replied, "After whatever that was that shot out of the atmosphere into the sun, other than..."

Trailing off, he briefly used his free hand to motion towards the flattened urban wasteland that seemed to stretch to the smoking horizon around them.

"...it's still viable. Though, uh, other than fields and workshops, there seems to be a strange lack of industrial infrastructure anywhere on this planet."

His single eye peered at Held. They both knew they had the means to get off-world and into the wider universe, which meant the energy needed to fuel such an endeavour came from a previously unestablished source.

One unlike any known on the Galactic marketplace. They had to act fast if they wanted an exclusive deal.

"At any rate, we've also mapped out the route here in an encrypted log. Send word to the Federation, and they can be there within a day, if that's how you want to play it."

Standard protocol, really, though truth be told the Navigator did not think the head office had to deal with an unknown quantity in quite some time. All the commercial laneways for space freight they needed were already mapped out. Yet they hadn't counted on undiscovered civilizations in uncharted space.

"...well, that was easy."

Setting down one of the large hovering crates, the Captain released the cargo. The Diplomacy Package, as they named it, contained the foundational essentials for aid relief of a Type I civilization. Medicine, widespread and largely universal across species, ration portions - though who could say if palates were compatible with Nevadian tastes. Rolling out the heavy clinking of a stout, amber bottle, Ulysses gripped it aloft between his long, pale fingers before Held.

"By the way, funny you should mention the top brass on the colony planet," he said, pulling the oak-aged distillation away for a moment "before you close to deal, there's something I'd like to know."

Opening up a second transport, the Threshling Triad of Baradur, bound in restraints, were greeted by the sight of their ruined homeworld. The Silver Knight Canin sat so still that, but for his fogging breath, he was no more animate than a suit of armour on display. The High Priestess Cin let out a long wail the moment she saw the burning sky.

And conspicuously silent was the Herald of Auroc, Lord Markus Blacktongue.

"I kept them around, as ordered, but it's more than they deserve," the Captain said, "anybody going to hold them accountable?"
    Nevin walks over, several Knights beside her, and narrows her eyes.

“The leaders of Baradur, yes?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley stood stock still, eyes locked on the scene in front of her. She had seen security rooms before, even ones that had a wide, planetary scope. Never before had she ever seen one on the scope of this. "A universal surveillance room..." she muttered.

A dozen screens, each one playing a different section of the universe. In the back of the room, servers - undoubtedly extremely powerful servers - sat against the wall. Behind each screen was a Majin, no more than two feet tall and gray in color. That inadvertently confirmed something she wasn't aware she wanted to know; there were more Majin in the universe than simply Auroc and Sasheem. Many more. And at least these twelve worked for Auroc.

She looked closely at the twelve screens in hopes that she recognized a few of the scenes being displayed.

"This is how Auroc extended his eye," she said to the goblin. "Any idea who in particular he's been keep tabs on, and why?"
    You only recognize one. The throne room of Vocado.

The goblin makes to push her out.

“Yer gold bought a look, but information and more ain’t cheap.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Etrina, the creature is magical and you recognize it as a very rare familiar.

You also think, considering it had been locked up, that the Maven hadn’t intended to use it as a familiar, but most likely as a part of a ritual spell. Dragon blood would be a very potent ingredient.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Threshlings and the Queen are pleased by the spread, Zaofan. They start forming lines to help give the food to the most needy.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna, there is nothing untoward that you sense save one thing.

High in the sky, a single, small , capsule Corp issue drone floats and records.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

You also think, considering it had been locked up, that the Maven hadn’t intended to use it as a familiar, but most likely as a part of a ritual spell. Dragon blood would be a very potent ingredient.
    "Etrina, do you think it belongs to someone? Ah get the feeling that it's used to bein around people."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

You only recognize one. The throne room of Vocado.

The goblin makes to push her out.

“Yer gold bought a look, but information and more ain’t cheap.”
    A cold chill ran up Parsley's spine. Realizing Auroc had been watching her sister for who knew how long was a chilling and harrowing experience. She wanted to destroy that screen right then and there, but she refrained. There was more information to get out of his goblin.

Unfortunately, she didn't have anything worth trading.

Unless...

"Do you accept Saiyan credits?" she asked, holding up her wrist.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A cold chill ran up Parsley's spine. Realizing Auroc had been watching her sister for who knew how long was a chilling and harrowing experience. She wanted to destroy that screen right then and there, but she refrained. There was more information to get out of his goblin.

Unfortunately, she didn't have anything worth trading.

Unless...

"Do you accept Saiyan credits?" she asked, holding up her wrist.
    “Depends. Saiyan Credits don’t carry well here, but they do have some value. Exchange rates 1 to 5 if your using Saiyan money.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Etrina, do you think it belongs to someone? Ah get the feeling that it's used to bein around people."
    It seems to be happily looking around, enjoying its new freedom.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Circumstances seem to indicate it belonged to Maven....or someone Maven crossed. At the moment however, it is servant to nobody." Etrina smiled. "Perhaps Maven was keeping it in here for ritual components....Whatever the case, the poor thing looks like he hasn't seen the outside in awhile."

Etrina takes a tentative step forward, and then slowly approaches the small creature. "I wonder if he's hungry, familiars require magic to sustain themselves.....Maven likely didn't spare much for it." The mage raised her hand and focused a stream of mana towards the small dragon. "Lets see if he takes a bite..."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Circumstances seem to indicate it belonged to Maven....or someone Maven crossed. At the moment however, it is servant to nobody." Etrina smiled. "Perhaps Maven was keeping it in here for ritual components....Whatever the case, the poor thing looks like he hasn't seen the outside in awhile."

Etrina takes a tentative step forward, and then slowly approaches the small creature. "I wonder if he's hungry, familiars require magic to sustain themselves.....Maven likely didn't spare much for it." The mage raised her hand and focused a stream of mana towards the small dragon. "Lets see if he takes a bite..."
    It happily chirps and begins eating the stream of magic, a content look on its face.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"He is kinda cute." She says to Etrina, "Ah just don't know what we should do with him. Or is it a her?"

Dash approaches the dragonette, "Hey, little feller, do you want to stay here in the Castle? Ah mean, ah'm sure the Queen and her family would take good care of you. Or do you want to come with us?"

She then turns to Etrina, "You know, if the little guy doesn't belong to anyone, maybe this is the present we can give to Cyanna."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.