Page 196 of 371 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Depends. Saiyan Credits don’t carry well here, but they do have some value. Exchange rates 1 to 5 if your using Saiyan money.”
    Money had never been an issue with Parsley, and she knew it had value beyond buying out a buffet for the day or buying whatever stupid toy her children wanted.

"Fine." She paid 1,000 credits. "Now then, who else was he keeping tabs on and why?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It happily chirps and begins eating the stream of magic, a content look on its face.
    "Or maybe you'd like to keep him. Obviously he needs magic to survive, something ah can't give him." an almost wistful note in her voice.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-05-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Money had never been an issue with Parsley, and she knew it had value beyond buying out a buffet for the day or buying whatever stupid toy her children wanted.

"Fine." She paid 1,000 credits. "Now then, who else was he keeping tabs on and why?"
    He grunts and takes the credits, making them disappear with a flick of his wrist.

“No idea. Not my business, and seeing as your here poking, it must mean he ain’t around no more. You can go in and ask them majins yourself.”

He gives her a serious eye.

“You break one of ‘em or my stuff though, and you don’t walk out right, you hear me?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

He grunts and takes the credits, making them disappear with a flick of his wrist.

“No idea. Not my business, and seeing as your here poking, it must mean he ain’t around no more. You can go in and ask them majins yourself.”

He gives her a serious eye.

“You break one of ‘em or my stuff though, and you don’t walk out right, you hear me?”
    "Tch. He is dead, yes. My friends and I killed him on Reshlan. Quite the spectacle, if I do say so myself."

Her eyes cast away from the goblin and toward the majin. Thanks to that blue buffoon, she knew exactly how to make them talk, just in case words didn't work. She had some food on her, but not much. She planned on eating it herself, but she could always pester Zaofan for a meal when she returned.

"As long as I get what I want, there won't be any trouble," she responded. That said, she stepped forward to the Majin. Pulling out a capsule, she cracked it open and pulled out some candy.

"Tell me who Auroc was paying you to watch and why," she told it while holding the candy just out of its reach.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

It happily chirps and begins eating the stream of magic, a content look on its face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "He is kinda cute." She says to Etrina, "Ah just don't know what we should do with him. Or is it a her?"

Dash approaches the dragonette, "Hey, little feller, do you want to stay here in the Castle? Ah mean, ah'm sure the Queen and her family would take good care of you. Or do you want to come with us?"

She then turns to Etrina, "You know, if the little guy doesn't belong to anyone, maybe this is the present we can give to Cyanna."

"Or maybe you'd like to keep him. Obviously he needs magic to survive, something ah can't give him." an almost wistful note in her voice.
    "Hmm...I'd have to see Cyannas progress before such a judgement can be made. The amount of mana needed to sustain a familiar can pose something of a drain on an inexperienced magic user....especially a rare one." Etrina mused it over and turned to Dash. "That being said....after being locked up in that box for so long, why don't you take him on a walkabout, give him some fresh air so to speak. The cataloguing is nearly complete anyways."

Etrina grinned. "Just make sure he doesn't eat anything he isn't suppose to, or gets eaten by anything for that matter."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hmm...I'd have to see Cyannas progress before such a judgement can be made. The amount of mana needed to sustain a familiar can pose something of a drain on an inexperienced magic user....especially a rare one." Etrina mused it over and turned to Dash. "That being said....after being locked up in that box for so long, why don't you take him on a walkabout, give him some fresh air so to speak. The cataloguing is nearly complete anyways."

Etrina grinned. "Just make sure he doesn't eat anything he isn't suppose to, or gets eaten by anything for that matter."
    Dash's face lit up, then softened, "Sure. Oh, and there are some objects in the trunk. You might want to take a close look at them."

Going over to the little dragon, "Want to come outside with me? We can go for a walk and get some fresh air while the Mage finishes her work."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Dash's face lit up, then softened, "Sure. Oh, and there are some objects in the trunk. You might want to take a close look at them."

Going over to the little dragon, "Want to come outside with me? We can go for a walk and get some fresh air while the Mage finishes her work."
    He happily chirps, climbs up her arm, and perches on her shoulder, purring happily.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Tch. He is dead, yes. My friends and I killed him on Reshlan. Quite the spectacle, if I do say so myself."

Her eyes cast away from the goblin and toward the majin. Thanks to that blue buffoon, she knew exactly how to make them talk, just in case words didn't work. She had some food on her, but not much. She planned on eating it herself, but she could always pester Zaofan for a meal when she returned.

"As long as I get what I want, there won't be any trouble," she responded. That said, she stepped forward to the Majin. Pulling out a capsule, she cracked it open and pulled out some candy.

"Tell me who Auroc was paying you to watch and why," she told it while holding the candy just out of its reach.
    The closest one turns at her, stares, then shakes its head and looks back at the screen. It says something in a language you don’t understand and the other five majins all shake their heads and laugh.

It turns back to you and removes its headphones.

“Candy? Really? How droll. I suppose you think all majins are the same? Racist, rude, and ignorant. Quite a combo and you haven’t even introduced yourself yet.”

The voice is surprisingly deep and full.

OT: Voiced by Dennis Haysbert.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The closest one turns at her, stares, then shakes its head and looks back at the screen. It says something in a language you don’t understand and the other five majins all shake their heads and laugh.

It turns back to you and removes its headphones.

“Candy? Really? How droll. I suppose you think all majins are the same? Racist, rude, and ignorant. Quite a combo and you haven’t even introduced yourself yet.”

The voice is surprisingly deep and full.

OT: Voiced by Dennis Haysbert.
    Her mouth fell open.

She, quite regrettably, had been expecting the Majin to start spouting off barely decipherable gibberish, not speaking with the eloquence of a famed scholar.

"I, uh, I apologise. I've only ever met two Majin I'm my time and this would have worked on one of them. I'm sorry." She pocketed the candy. "Let's start over. My name is Parsley. And yours?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Her mouth fell open.

She, quite regrettably, had been expecting the Majin to start spouting off barely decipherable gibberish, not speaking with the eloquence of a famed scholar.

"I, uh, I apologise. I've only ever met two Majin I'm my time and this would have worked on one of them. I'm sorry." She pocketed the candy. "Let's start over. My name is Parsley. And yours?"
    He raises a brow but nods.

“Very well. You may call me Ope’nses. Op for short.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-05-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

He happily chirps, climbs up her arm, and perches on her shoulder, purring happily.
    Etrina raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

She was pretty sure that dragon just purred....

In any event, she nodded to Dash and turned her attention to the remaining contents of the chest. A dagger and a vial it seemed.

Inanna, there is nothing untoward that you sense save one thing.

High in the sky, a single, small , capsule Corp issue drone floats and records.
    Hm, at the end of the day there was nothing special about Reshlan.

Merely a speck of dirt hidden by the depths of space. How terribly disappointing; and utterly worthless at assuaging boredom. That they'd yet to discover the surveillance drone was, well. It was a thing.

Inanna took aim and fired a bolt of energy at it.

"Meh."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He raises a brow but nods.

“Very well. You may call me Ope’nses. Op for short.”
    "Well met, Op." If nothing else, this experience was proving that looks were always deceiving. Without her observation powers, Parsley was blindly wandering in the dark, with only a faint speck of light as her guide. I always thought myself more careful. I guess I over thought my approach.

She needed to be more mindful and careful, two things she constantly harped at Sarada about.

"I'll be brief. Your employer, Auroc, is dead. I'm here following his bread crumbs to figure out what he's been doing. He's obviously been spying on certain parties, including my sister, Queen Sarada. I'd like to know what other parties he's been keeping tabs on."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Well met, Op." If nothing else, this experience was proving that looks were always deceiving. Without her observation powers, Parsley was blindly wandering in the dark, with only a faint speck of light as her guide. I always thought myself more careful. I guess I over thought my approach.

She needed to be more mindful and careful, two things she constantly harped at Sarada about.

"I'll be brief. Your employer, Auroc, is dead. I'm here following his bread crumbs to figure out what he's been doing. He's obviously been spying on certain parties, including my sister, Queen Sarada. I'd like to know what other parties he's been keeping tabs on."
    Op shakes his head.

“I fear you’re mistaken, Parsley. Auroc was not so much our employer as he was our client. One of dozens.”

He gestures back.

“And we aren’t currently working his request. Those screens are another’s interest.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm, at the end of the day there was nothing special about Reshlan.

Merely a speck of dirt hidden by the depths of space. How terribly disappointing; and utterly worthless at assuaging boredom. That they'd yet to discover the surveillance drone was, well. It was a thing.

Inanna took aim and fired a bolt of energy at it.

"Meh."
    The drone remarkably dodges away.

————-

OT: I misunderstood what you were sensing for. I’ll adjust what she sensed here.

————-

IC:

The planet actually sports a very robust series of leylines and concentrations of large amounts of magic near each of the poles. Now removed from the taint of Auroc, the planet itself seems more alive and vibrant than most Inanna has seen.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-05-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM