Page 202 of 371 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5560
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Cataloguing, huh?" Inanna commented bemused.

"At any rate, please. I am terribly busy as it is following up on every single thing that's literally dropped into my lap in the last..." It only dawned on the woman then just how small a span of time it had been since the bottom of the cosmic can of shit Asha'rah had left to ferment had the bottom blown out of it. "It hasn't... even been a proper 24 hours."

Inanna sighed again.

"W... what was it you needed an opinion on?"
    "Well....I have an ingot of something that I fished out of the forge. So far I know tis Green, and it doesn't match anything I know about....so I was wondering if a well traveled Oni would have an idea." Etrina motioned her over to the table where the ingot lay. "Also....have a good with some blood magic on the back, and of course....your welcome to the forge."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Well....I have an ingot of something that I fished out of the forge. So far I know tis Green, and it doesn't match anything I know about....so I was wondering if a well traveled Oni would have an idea." Etrina motioned her over to the table where the ingot lay. "Also....have a good with some blood magic on the back, and of course....your welcome to the forge."
    "Former Oni." Inanna corrected. "I'm no more an Oni than you are an Elf... though, seems like that comparison isn't as apt as it used to be~"

As for the book, ingot, and forge?

"Green ingot could be a few things, I'll need to examine it; and I'd be happy to critique the book. As for the Forge... I'm not sure I have the necessary materials, as of yet. I used my bracelet to perform my first divine act. I mean to repurpose it, or at the very least find someone to man the forge. You might like her, foul-mouthed drunkard with pointy ears~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

As they talked, a thought came to Dash. Looking at Skye, then glancing at the now empty bottle, she then spoke softly to the little dragon, "The magic in that bottle came from the same place you did, didn't it?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Reaching the palace, he paused to admire the view of alien architecture. After all, he had spent the majority of his life(lives?) on Earth. After a few moments, he turned to Ochazuke.

"Do you sense that? There's an awful lot of magic being thrown around inside."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As they talked, a thought came to Dash. Looking at Skye, then glancing at the now empty bottle, she then spoke softly to the little dragon, "The magic in that bottle came from the same place you did, didn't it?"
    The dragon pauses, then nods eagerly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Reaching the palace, he paused to admire the view of alien architecture. After all, he had spent the majority of his life(lives?) on Earth. After a few moments, he turned to Ochazuke.

"Do you sense that? There's an awful lot of magic being thrown around inside."
    He can see a lot of Threshlings outside, the Queen speaking to Held and a tall manacled Threshling, and several of his allies too.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I mean if you were trying to go back home, by all means." Inanna responded to the... thing. "I've got a lot on my docket as of late, last thing I need is yet another dimension to keep tabs on; like seriously."
    It nods, then jumps over and flies around Inanna before landing back by Etrina. It’s stomach rumbles.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Former Oni." Inanna corrected. "I'm no more an Oni than you are an Elf... though, seems like that comparison isn't as apt as it used to be~"

As for the book, ingot, and forge?

"Green ingot could be a few things, I'll need to examine it; and I'd be happy to critique the book. As for the Forge... I'm not sure I have the necessary materials, as of yet. I used my bracelet to perform my first divine act. I mean to repurpose it, or at the very least find someone to man the forge. You might like her, foul-mouthed drunkard with pointy ears~"
    "Ugh, the trinity of bad guest traits...Foul, Mouthy and Drunk." Etrina sighed. "Very well, ingot is over there, consider the forge available for use...was never much of a forger myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It nods, then jumps over and flies around Inanna before landing back by Etrina. It’s stomach rumbles.
    Etrina paused when it landed on her shoulder. "I get the sneaking suspicion it wants more food....or a meal ticket home. Whatever the case...." Etrina paused.

Giving it another taste would no doubt open the portal again, but would that be a good idea all things considered...

"Well....she all but confirmed she's from the other side of the portal, and I think it can be reopened with the proper application of my magic...." Etrina spoke to the two present. "However....I.....Ugh....I'm rather...."

This was gonna be embrassing.

"...I may have.....tested one of the potions....which in turn give me a vision of the portals destination.....which was a forest with quite a few magical creatures I never saw before...one of them being a flying magical midget who addressed me by name...." The Mage muttered reluctantly.

"I also have pointy ears now and I think the room is greener then it was before..."

"Ugh, the trinity of bad guest traits...Foul, Mouthy and Drunk." Etrina sighed. "Very well, ingot is over there, consider the forge available for use...was never much of a forger myself."

Etrina paused when it landed on her shoulder. "I get the sneaking suspicion it wants more food....or a meal ticket home. Whatever the case...." Etrina paused.

Giving it another taste would no doubt open the portal again, but would that be a good idea all things considered...

"Well....she all but confirmed she's from the other side of the portal, and I think it can be reopened with the proper application of my magic...." Etrina spoke to the two present. "However....I.....Ugh....I'm rather...."

"...I may have.....tested one of the potions....which in turn give me a vision of the portals destination.....which was a forest with quite a few magical creatures I never saw before...one of them being a flying magical midget who addressed me by name...." The Mage muttered reluctantly.

"I also have pointy ears now and I think the room is greener then it was before..."
    "You know what they say about curiosity. But don't worry, ah'll stay with you and do what ah can to make sure nothing really bad happens. Meanwhile, Skye is hungry and it wouldn't be fair to punish her for your mistake."

"Yet she's still the best Artificer in this or any reality~" Inanna replied with a chuckle. "Frankly a bit of swearing and alcoholism is a small price to pay for the ability to craft masterworks... and I do certainly need one." Plus, a magical forge owned by the equivalent of a magical god would likely earn her a few brownie points; and allow Emma to craft far better masterworks than a literal hovel and basement workshop in the arctic.

"Flying magical mid-" Inanna started to parrot before stopping short. "About yea high," she gestured, "sounded like this?" Inanna mimicked the voice.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I found you, you son of a bitch."

That was him. He fits the description as Sarada told it. He was speaking with several other Icers, on a planet she want familiar with. She had never been to the Icer homeworld, so it could have been that. Then again, she had at least heard of that world.

"And the name of this planet?" she asked as she prepared the final payment. From there, she could find the planet's location on her own. Perhaps Inanna knew of it from her extensive travels.
    Op takes the money and Abra nods. This time, about ten minutes pass and Parsmey sees dozens of planets pass through the screen. A’me and Cada, yet another majin, also chip in and search on their screens.

Finally, Cada holds a hand up and gets a high five from Op.

“Looks like a dosey. Barely breathable air, incredibly harsh winter like climate all year round, nasty local animals. Names Khoolis. Looks like a real old colony world the Frost Demons had way back when, been mostly abandoned for centuries. Maybe they’re scouting for a new Homeworld since theirs blew up recently.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Yet she's still the best Artificer in this or any reality~" Inanna replied with a chuckle. "Frankly a bit of swearing and alcoholism is a small price to pay for the ability to craft masterworks... and I do certainly need one." Plus, a magical forge owned by the equivalent of a magical god would likely earn her a few brownie points; and allow Emma to craft far better masterworks than a literal hovel and basement workshop in the arctic.

"Flying magical mid-" Inanna started to parrot before stopping short. "About yea high," she gestured, "sounded like this?" Inanna mimicked the voice.
    "Sounds like you know something about this."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You know what they say about curiosity. But don't worry, ah'll stay with you and do what ah can to make sure nothing really bad happens. Meanwhile, Skye is hungry and it wouldn't be fair to punish her for your mistake."
    "Mistake? I..." Etrina bit her tonged. "...Euuh....It isn't like I want her to be hungry....I have to consider the safety of everyone in this room as well as my own. A dimensional hole like that needs.....oh..." Something formed in the back of Etrinas mind.

"....since when do you do impressions..." Etrina muttered, dumbfounded, then shook her head. "Yes....Yes around that tall, and that annoying sounding.....had wings and a small body, looks particularly magic rich. Why, species you've heard of?"

"....since when do you do impressions..." Etrina muttered, dumbfounded, then shook her head. "Yes....Yes around that tall, and that annoying sounding.....had wings and a small body, looks particularly magic rich. Why, species you've heard of?"
    Inanna's mood turned the moment Etrina confirmed her suspicions. "No more questions. We wait for Parsley," and that was the end of that line of questioning. Focus now shifted to the whelpling. Seemed like regardless of how little Inanna needed it, another headache was always around the next corner. "Perhaps the Maven knew more than I thought. Shame she was annihilated in such a humiliating fashion... as for this critter."

She casually scooped up the vial Etrina had gulped down. "It needs to go home. More dangerous to keep it here, than not."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Op takes the money and Abra nods. This time, about ten minutes pass and Parsmey sees dozens of planets pass through the screen. A’me and Cada, yet another majin, also chip in and search on their screens.

Finally, Cada holds a hand up and gets a high five from Op.

“Looks like a dosey. Barely breathable air, incredibly harsh winter like climate all year round, nasty local animals. Names Khoolis. Looks like a real old colony world the Frost Demons had way back when, been mostly abandoned for centuries. Maybe they’re scouting for a new Homeworld since theirs blew up recently.”
    Khoolis. A planet she had never heard of, but it being an established world was a point in her favor. If Inanna didn't know where it was, she could easily ask Blizzard, since he out of anywhere else would know.

If fact, she could just ask him first.

"Op, Arba, Cada, A'me, I thank you for your help." She bowed to the Majin. "I suspect we'll meet again. Until then." She nodded once at the Goblin, then took her leave.

The half-breed Saiyan would have to wait. She had a mountain of things to do and two leads to follow up. Perhaps the next time she was there, and she suspected her sister-in-law would want to see this place still, she could grant home conversation.

"How, how do I get back to Reshlan?" she asked herself when she got outside. In the meantime, she activated her data device and started recording her star coordinates so she could return on her own.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-07-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!