Page 204 of 371 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "No more questions she said....of course, I'm not in a rush to find out who I pissed off that has you flipping your serious look." Etrina fumed to herself before sighing and turning her attention back to Dash and the familiar. "She has a point though, she isn't safe here for the moment.....especially since feeding her will open a portal in either event. The atmosphere of the world on the other side of that portal seems ether rich....so I'm positive she would be able to stay full from the ambient energy, and more over...." Etrina leaned towards the little dragon. "....perhaps having a pair of eyes on the other side for a little while will give us a better understanding of her origin...." She held up her pinky finger. "...make a temporary contract with me....and I'll provide the energy to get you home, and you relay information back to me? Sound like a equal exchange little one?"
    It cocks its head, then nods and rubs against the pinky eagerly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    "Little Skye, just be careful." Dash spoke to the little dragon, "Stay safe and maybe someday we can go flying again, you and ah."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He can see a lot of Threshlings outside, the Queen speaking to Held and a tall manacled Threshling, and several of his allies too.
    Well, there was one of them he recognized off the bat and he vaguely recalled what the Threshlings were.

For a moment, he paused at the threshold, wondering if he might be overstepping his bounds by ignoring the cultural traditions and rules made by Threshling society.

It was then he recalled that he was the Strongest and made his way into the interior of the palace.

Retired Overlord

"Smart.....Ok, just give me a moment to prepare." Etrina taps the dragon on the head with her finger, and then gestures to summon her foci. "I want time locks at the exit of any portal that spawns, as long as dragon goes through we're find...anything comes back before the portal closes, we lock it and dispose of it."

The foci give a salute of approval and take up their positions.

"After that we'll close it and go back to worrying about my impending doom.....any objections?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Rain sheets down as Parsley walks out into an unknown and alien city.
    It had been some time since she had last been in a completely foreign city; in fact, it was when she left Vocado after losing in the Tournament of Destiny. That time, she wasn't alone, but she still had to keep a low profile. She wasn't so much worried about the latter this time, but the former had her on her guard.

The rain fell heavily from the sky, soaking her to the bone. The wetness and chill that followed didn't bother her. Her hair sticking to her face did. She reached up and brushed the offending locks to the side as she kept walking.

Her eyes darted everywhere to keep an eye out for potential danger, and to also take in as much of the city as she could.

If I can find a star map, I'd be in good shape. Or something. Why aren't there any stars around this stupid planet?

She kept an eye out for a store. If she could find locals, she could gather information.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Smart.....Ok, just give me a moment to prepare." Etrina taps the dragon on the head with her finger, and then gestures to summon her foci. "I want time locks at the exit of any portal that spawns, as long as dragon goes through we're find...anything comes back before the portal closes, we lock it and dispose of it."

"After that we'll close it and go back to worrying about my impending doom.....any objections?"
    Still feeling uneasy, but hopeful, Dash shakes her head, "All ah care about is making sure she's back home and safe."

She then looks at Etrina, "For now."

"Keep talking about it, and your doom will come sooner. This conversation waits for Parsley." Inanna repeated calmly. "But yes, send the creature home."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The dragon seems eager. It flies around, licks Dash’s cheek,? then hovers by Etrina, waiting to be fed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It had been some time since she had last been in a completely foreign city; in fact, it was when she left Vocado after losing in the Tournament of Destiny. That time, she wasn't alone, but she still had to keep a low profile. She wasn't so much worried about the latter this time, but the former had her on her guard.

The rain fell heavily from the sky, soaking her to the bone. The wetness and chill that followed didn't bother her. Her hair sticking to her face did. She reached up and brushed the offending locks to the side as she kept walking.

Her eyes darted everywhere to keep an eye out for potential danger, and to also take in as much of the city as she could.

If I can find a star map, I'd be in good shape. Or something. Why aren't there any stars around this stupid planet?

She kept an eye out for a store. If she could find locals, she could gather information.
    There are dozens of different species, some she recognizes and other she doesn’t. The tech level seems easily comparable to Earth or Vocado, and ahe is assaulted by dozens of info-holograms and spam holograms as she passes by less than reputable stores.

Eventually, she finds what looks like a simple market. Over head on the canopy, the store mascot, a hologram of a happy chubby...thing....waves to customers coming in and out. This seems her best bet. The language on the storefront is vaguely familiar.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The dragon seems eager. It flies around, licks Dash’s cheek,? then hovers by Etrina, waiting to be fed.
    "Etrina, do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Well, there was one of them he recognized off the bat and he vaguely recalled what the Threshlings were.

For a moment, he paused at the threshold, wondering if he might be overstepping his bounds by ignoring the cultural traditions and rules made by Threshling society.

It was then he recalled that he was the Strongest and made his way into the interior of the palace.
    The palace is partially ruined. At this point, any bodies have been taken out and all the people seem to be outside.

Zaofan not far away by the entrance has sprouted a small feast and you see several Threshlings eating, several more taking care of wounded nearby.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Keep talking about it, and your doom will come sooner. This conversation waits for Parsley." Inanna repeated calmly. "But yes, send the creature home."
    Etrina said nothing, sigh inwardly sighed.

Going over to the dragon, she extends her finger and once more feeds it her mana.

Etrina said nothing, sigh inwardly sighed.

Going over to the dragon, she extends her finger and once more feeds it her mana.
    It chirps happily, slurps it up, then licks her face too.

After a second, it turns and hiccups, that familiar beam of mana shooting out and creating the self same silvery portal.

Skye chirps, flies around all three, then dives into the portal. After a few moments it starts to shrink.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There are dozens of different species, some she recognizes and other she doesn’t. The tech level seems easily comparable to Earth or Vocado, and ahe is assaulted by dozens of info-holograms and spam holograms as she passes by less than reputable stores.

Eventually, she finds what looks like a simple market. Over head on the canopy, the store mascot, a hologram of a happy chubby...thing....waves to customers coming in and out. This seems her best bet. The language on the storefront is vaguely familiar.
    Parsley knew she hadn't encountered even a miniscule percentage of the universe's racial population during her short life. Still, despite that ready admission, she was still amazed at how many different races there were, and how unlike each other they were.

Different color, shapes, and sizes; too many arms, not enough legs, and every other variation of Saiyan-like body parts she could imagine. It was awe-inspiring, and somewhat humbling to realize that hers was just one of countless species in the wider cosmos.

Out of dozens of stores, only one actually looked of worth her time. The others looked to be infested with every kind of criminal imaginable; not something she had the time kr desire to deal with.

The language looked familiar enough, so she walked inside and looked around.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

It chirps happily, slurps it up, then licks her face too.

After a second, it turns and hiccups, that familiar beam of mana shooting out and creating the self same silvery portal.

Skye chirps, flies around all three, then dives into the portal. After a few moments it starts to shrink.
    Not wishing for the portal to remain open too long, but curious all the same....Etrina attempts to syphon a little of the portals energy before using her own to force it close.