Page 210 of 371 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “That’s quite impressive. We shall see if these can be incorporated. Our thanks.”
    " Thanks and you're welcome," Praxat said. Praxat then takes out her cell phone and checks for a signal. " Sigh no service, really, wish I could contact my mom," Praxat said.

"I know a person who can help your people incorporate my blueprints, and that person is my mother, Uraxat. Before arriving on this planet, I made a text message to my mother about helping your people get back on their feet. Unfortunately, without a signal, My message to her won't be able to reach her," Praxat said.

" The Prime Minister of my homeworld, whom I mention to you earlier. That was my mother I was referring to. She is the Prime Minister of my homeworld.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-12-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Durive was running around somewhere with a stapler and some scissors and no one could stop him.

Gathered outside the palace, you see the Queen speaking to the chained up Lord Blacktongue.
    “Who said I intended to wear the crown?”

She speaks, gaze not leaving Markus.

“I admitted my culpability, Lord Blacktongue. I am no innocent, my hands are stained too. I intend to pass the crown to someone who has lived their life not afraid of others, not terrified of the boogeymen in the dark of space, not under the boot of Auroc or the Maven. Someone who has long since learned to fight under her own power, not under the auspices of a false god.”

She glances at the sleeping Nevalinna.

“I have already given her the necklace. She is my successor. And soon she will wear the crown and I’ll face my own punishment for my hand in everything.”

She looks at Canin then, but Sir Luop speaks up. He takes his helmet off, revealing his very young face.

“I am sorry, my brother, but shouldn’t a Knights’ goal be to serve with Honor? To serve the people, the Queen, and Justice? I serve our people, Canin, and I will continue to serve them into the new future. Our future, that we decide, not Auroc. Perhaps one day you will see what I have seen and take up your blade once more. Until then, I shall hold it for you in honor.”

He careful takes the blade up and steps back.
    Blizzard remained silent for a while, letting Luop finish speaking before coughing loudly. "Ah, such sentiment. Such nobility. Truly it warms the heart. But I would like to interject but for a moment."

Blizzard took a brief bow before the former queen. "You have my condolences for what you have suffered through, your majesty, but the fact of the matter is...thanks to Auroc's machinations, your people have become a kind of boogeyman yourselves."

"While I'm quite certain Nevanlinna will lead your people to a bright new future, perhaps it should not be up to her to reimburse the universe at large for damages caused," the lieutenant continued.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive was running around somewhere with a stapler and some scissors and no one could stop him.

Blizzard remained silent for a while, letting Luop finish speaking before coughing loudly. "Ah, such sentiment. Such nobility. Truly it warms the heart. But I would like to interject but for a moment."

Blizzard took a brief bow before the former queen. "You have my condolences for what you have suffered through, your majesty, but the fact of the matter is...thanks to Auroc's machinations, your people have become a kind of boogeyman yourselves."

"While I'm quite certain Nevanlinna will lead your people to a bright new future, perhaps it should not be up to her to reimburse the universe at large for damages caused," the lieutenant continued.
    “No, there will be a time period for the transition. She only be donning the crown today, there is a mess to clean up first.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Thanks and you're welcome," Praxat said. Praxat then takes out her cell phone and checks for a signal. " Sigh no service, really, wish I could contact my mom," Praxat said.

"I know a person who can help your people incorporate my blueprints, and that person is my mother, Uraxat. Before arriving on this planet, I made a text message to my mother about helping your people get back on their feet. Unfortunately, without a signal, My message to her won't be able to reach her," Praxat said.

" The Prime Minister of my homeworld, whom I mention to you earlier. That was my mother I was referring to. She is the Prime Minister of my homeworld.
    “Our foreign minister, a position that will need to be created, will help deal with extraterrestrial aid coming in. Your blue prints will be most helpful. No need to bother your mother, however. My race can adapt technology very, very quickly.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She never looked back when she left the first time. Perhaps that was a mistake, but at the time, she was only concerned with getting back to the others. Her works there, she thought at the time, was done. This had been proven false; as a result, she got her first look at the world she just left.

Azure blue rings, almost like hoops of cosmic fire, wrapped around the planet. It was like a Aurora Borealis, the ethereal phenomenon she saw on Earth one time. "Amazing." She had seen many beautiful worlds over the years. This one was just one of countless dozens. Still, she could appreciate the beauty of another world, one with wonders both within and without that were different from the ones she has known her entire life.

A pity to those who refuse to leave their own world and see the greater cosmos, she thought when she made her approach. They only rob themselves of sights like this.

As she re-entered the planet, she found the city she left with ease. It wasn't hard; it was practically the entire continent. How a city could be that large, that expansive, was completely beyond her. Some world had cities that spanned miles, but those were few and far between, and they were completely eclipsed by this.

It would take her days to simply cross from one end to the other by foot, and months to fully explore just the important bits. She had no illusions to becoming fully immersed with every nook, every cranny, and every shady alleyway. "I'll have to come back, I suppose. One day."

Her flight log directed her back to where she started, in front of Pui's shop. She exited the ship and returned it to its capsule, then walked inside.
    The same massive thunderstorm rages on, and you land back just outside Pui’s shop.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Firstly, explain to me what you mean why *try my Earth Armor*..." Etrina asked curiously. "While I doubt the material can be damaged barring something extreme, I'd like to avoid anything happening to the sample before Inanna forge friend can give us a better assessment."

"Hmm....I suppose as long as it isn't damaged." Etrina mused. "....It couldn't hurt. Just remember, don't force it....if you can't easily manipulate it, its best left to a professional.....wherever we find one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Smiling slightly, "Ah figure you'll want to eat first, so we can try it afterwards."
    Coming out of the Castle, Dash sniffs the air, "It sure smells like Zaofan's cooking." She then looks around, "Now where is he? Ah'm getting hungry just thinking about it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The same massive thunderstorm rages on, and you land back just outside Pui’s shop.
    It was still raining, curiously. Then again, she hadn't been gone that long, she supposed.

She walked inside the shop quickly to avoid getting too wet again. Upon crossing the threshold, she attempted Observational Focus again. If she missed something the first time she was there, and she most certainly did, she wasn't going to miss anything this time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It was still raining, curiously. Then again, she hadn't been gone that long, she supposed.

She walked inside the shop quickly to avoid getting too wet again. Upon crossing the threshold, she attempted Observational Focus again. If she missed something the first time she was there, and she most certainly did, she wasn't going to miss anything this time.
    The shop is normal, except for two things. One is the large gun mounted on the wall behind Pui, a massive rifle with intricate runes carved into it.

The other is her Astro-Globe, which also has the air of magic about it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The shop is normal, except for two things. One is the large gun mounted on the wall behind Pui, a massive rifle with intricate runes carved into it.

The other is her Astro-Globe, which also has the air of magic about it.
    Things seemed normal to her acute senses, outside of two things. The massive rifle with runes intricately carved into it being one. She wasn't one for guns, but it would make a nice addition to her arsenal. There was nothing wrong with having options, just in case she ever found herself in a position such as the one within the Rookery again.

The other was Pui's prized Astro-globe. Parsley could taste the magic radiating off of it. She raised an eyebrow as she approached the front counter. Hm. I wonder...

"I hate to bother you," she said, "but I suddenly have a question about that globe of yours."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Things seemed normal to her acute senses, outside of two things. The massive rifle with runes intricately carved into it being one. She wasn't one for guns, but it would make a nice addition to her arsenal. There was nothing wrong with having options, just in case she ever found herself in a position such as the one within the Rookery again.

The other was Pui's prized Astro-globe. Parsley could taste the magic radiating off of it. She raised an eyebrow as she approached the front counter. Hm. I wonder...

"I hate to bother you," she said, "but I suddenly have a question about that globe of yours."
    Pui smiles and nods.

“Go ahead dear. What would you like to know?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Pui smiles and nods.

“Go ahead dear. What would you like to know?”
    "I remember you mentioning that you filled out this globe's information by combining different star maps. You also mentioned that you gained access to Nevada's Navigator Guild archives."

She paused.

"I would never profess to be an expert on the bureaucratic process on that dull planet, but I can hardly imagine them just allowing a random person to access what I would imagine is a highly top secret and guarded archive." She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward. "I happened to be...business partners with a high ranking Nevadian official. I imagine he would be very interested in finding out how you accessed those archives. As am I. Care to explain?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I remember you mentioning that you filled out this globe's information by combining different star maps. You also mentioned that you gained access to Nevada's Navigator Guild archives."

She paused.

"I would never profess to be an expert on the bureaucratic process on that dull planet, but I can hardly imagine them just allowing a random person to access what I would imagine is a highly top secret and guarded archive." She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward. "I happened to be...business partners with a high ranking Nevadian official. I imagine he would be very interested in finding out how you accessed those archives. As am I. Care to explain?"
    Pui’s eyes narrow just a bit and she straightens up, affronted.

“I’m not sure I like your implication, young......”

A cough and from behind, Parsley hears a familiar voice.

“Pui, this Saiyan hassling ya?”

The goblin barkeep walks in, rain oddly not dripping off him, and he looks between the two with a frown.

Pui clears her throat and shakes her head.

“No, no, not at all Caliban. She was just admiring the Astro-globe you helped make for me.”

She looks at Parsley.

“Magic, that’s how.”

Caliban grunts and gestures, a chair appearing out of nowhere so he can sit down.

“Why you interested, ehh Saiyan? You got your info ‘bout Auroc from my boys. Why you still lingering on Lugh?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    After Etrina, and Dash depart; Inanna sets her focus on the Blood Magic spellbook.

"Just how different can it be?"
    OT: For Cleric.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Pui’s eyes narrow just a bit and she straightens up, affronted.

“I’m not sure I like your implication, young......”

A cough and from behind, Parsley hears a familiar voice.

“Pui, this Saiyan hassling ya?”

The goblin barkeep walks in, rain oddly not dripping off him, and he looks between the two with a frown.

Pui clears her throat and shakes her head.

“No, no, not at all Caliban. She was just admiring the Astro-globe you helped make for me.”

She looks at Parsley.

“Magic, that’s how.”

Caliban grunts and gestures, a chair appearing out of nowhere so he can sit down.

“Why you interested, ehh Saiyan? You got your info ‘bout Auroc from my boys. Why you still lingering on Lugh?”
    "Magic," she replied dryly. She knew nothing of Nevada's technological prowess other than them being capable of intergalactic travel on a large scale. She assumed, with that in mind, that they had something in the way of cyber security. Magic, she supposed, bypassed that.

The only logical question was why. Why go through that trouble. A more comprehensive star-map with which to travel wasn't worth it, in her opinion.

Parsley's eyes cut to the goblin from the Rookery. Pui knew him by name, Caliban. She also revealed that he had a hand in making it. Things are getting interesting.

"I had a thought as I was leaving. It seemed strange that Nevada would give up such dangerous secrets," such as the location of Reshlan, which not even the GP knows, I imagine, "to a civilian. Now I know they have no knowledge that you have this. My next question would be why. Seems a lot of trouble to go through for a nice keepsake. And certainly dangerous. I imagine the powers that be on Nevada will be displeased when the hear that you've stolen from them."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Magic," she replied dryly. She knew nothing of Nevada's technological prowess other than them being capable of intergalactic travel on a large scale. She assumed, with that in mind, that they had something in the way of cyber security. Magic, she supposed, bypassed that.

The only logical question was why. Why go through that trouble. A more comprehensive star-map with which to travel wasn't worth it, in her opinion.

Parsley's eyes cut to the goblin from the Rookery. Pui knew him by name, Caliban. She also revealed that he had a hand in making it. Things are getting interesting.

"I had a thought as I was leaving. It seemed strange that Nevada would give up such dangerous secrets," such as the location of Reshlan, which not even the GP knows, I imagine, "to a civilian. Now I know they have no knowledge that you have this. My next question would be why. Seems a lot of trouble to go through for a nice keepsake. And certainly dangerous. I imagine the powers that be on Nevada will be displeased when the hear that you've stolen from them."
    Caliban shrugs.

“Ain’t stolen, little miss. Ain’t in my nature. Took Pui’s maps, took everyone’s maps, and made ‘em work together. They still have the physical maps, I just copied ‘em. ‘Sides, belonged to me anyways.”

He cocks his head.

“Not that it matters. You ain’t gonna tell no one. Fer sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM