Page 213 of 371 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “And yer new God of Destruction. Ya smell of Hakai, Miss. Not quite a full stationed one, but close.”
    At that, she smirked and gave a soft chuckle. "That meeting was going to happen regardless of whether or not we made a deal. So be it." A meeting with a fallen GoC, in a universe dripping with magic. The former Oni would surely consider it an early birthday present.

Or...belated?

Oh well.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At that, she smirked and gave a soft chuckle. "That meeting was going to happen regardless of whether or not we made a deal. So be it." A meeting with a fallen GoC, in a universe dripping with magic. The former Oni would surely consider it an early birthday present.

Or...belated?

Oh well.
    He nods and a spark of energy travels between the two of them.

“Deal’s done. Word to the wise though: you never specified the type of spell I would teach ya. When making magic deals, be specific next time. Friendly advice, so ta speak. I’d also watch out fer the bond yous got with that flute player. He’ll play fer keeps if ya are t careful.”

He puffs a bit more then gets up and slowly walks around you, eyeing you carefully.

“Hmm.....nothing big and fancy. Nothing ritual wise either. Combat? Maybe......how’s about you learn a fun magic trick I developed long time ago. Called Shadow Walking. Means you can travel between your shadow and any you sized shadow ya can see.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Coming out of the Castle, Dash sniffs the air, "It sure smells like Zaofan's cooking." She then looks around, "Now where is he? Ah'm getting hungry just thinking about it."
    As they walk towards the food, Dash slowed down a little, "Did you happen to bring that green ingot with you? Or is it still back in the lab?"

She then added, "Ah hope Inanna isn't getting herself into trouble back there."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He nods and a spark of energy travels between the two of them.

“Deal’s done. Word to the wise though: you never specified the type of spell I would teach ya. When making magic deals, be specific next time. Friendly advice, so ta speak. I’d also watch out fer the bond yous got with that flute player. He’ll play fer keeps if ya are t careful.”

He puffs a bit more then gets up and slowly walks around you, eyeing you carefully.

“Hmm.....nothing big and fancy. Nothing ritual wise either. Combat? Maybe......how’s about you learn a fun magic trick I developed long time ago. Called Shadow Walking. Means you can travel between your shadow and any you sized shadow ya can see.”
    Parsley knew just how crafty Night was very well. "I've spoken with him before. I know his type well enough."

As for the spell, she probably had no choice but to accept. She would have preferred a more traditionally combat-oriented spell, but she never specified. Live and learn, she thought with a mental shrug. "Sounds useful. Question. When you say 'me sized shadow', do you mean it must strictly match my size, or is that the minimum?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley knew just how crafty Night was very well. "I've spoken with him before. I know his type well enough."

As for the spell, she probably had no choice but to accept. She would have preferred a more traditionally combat-oriented spell, but she never specified. Live and learn, she thought with a mental shrug. "Sounds useful. Question. When you say 'me sized shadow', do you mean it must strictly match my size, or is that the minimum?"
    “Minimum limitation. Works better fer someone my size, but I think you’ll find it handy.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Minimum limitation. Works better fer someone my size, but I think you’ll find it handy.”
    It was as she thought, but she had to make sure. "Sounds like it fits my fighting style very well," she said. It also allowed her to move through an area without being seen, which was perfect for what she planned on doing when she reached the Frost Demon colony. "Let's get to it, shall we?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It is much as I said it was earlier. Mai my used for smaller items and for breaking components down for magical potions. It’s a solid magic forge, the runes powering it strong and well made. It’s nothing compared to the Lord Forger’s, but an adequate middle of the road forge it seems.
    Inanna grumbles something in a language unheard by the living, before placing her metal arm down on the Forge. "I wonder..." that globule of Ruination was produced, and held carefully. Genesis had a rather nasty ability to incorporate varying energy types into her very essence. Her arm, similar to those damnable tubes; was capable of drawing in energy of- so far as had been proven- all types it had encountered...

With the magic of the Forge's runes blended with her own providing- one hoped- an effective counterbalance, it might be possible... The globule in her hand seemed to twinkle; as if guessing her thoughts. Was it challenging her?

"..."

Had she not done it before? Consumed the energy of another and blended it into her own. The Void. Auroc... each bringing a unique and sacrilegious energy type to the fore; only for Inanna to deconstruct it, understand it... and improve it. Even Ishtar, may she rest in peace, had been capable of much the same. Bringing in foreign DNA from several extant species and somehow making it work, body adapting and benefitting from its new chimerical state. To say nothing of her own recent tinkering... and even more recent ascension... to say nothing of the need to understand her enemies.

Ishtar, the Goddess of Ruination. Grinthorn. Genesis... and so many more.

A voice seemed to whisper, beg for sanity.

This is the peak of stupidity...

Inanna understood what this was, knew full well the foolishness of the attempt, and yet?

She set the globule in the palm of her metallic hand and 'tapped the vein' of the globule of Ruination. Her hand- the one of flesh and bone- now divested of the burden, Inanna tapped her own veins, a steady stream of her own lifeblood dripping down onto the runes etched into the Forge. To late to turn back now...

Death was a possibility in this venture. Perhaps even a guarantee, but Inanna couldn't help but grin. It was like the old adage said.

"Curiosity killed the cat..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Harsh words, but some of them are fair. The dirty business on Earth recently...well, that was Remnant, not I. It’s influence at least. Come now, Ochazuke, you must realize I was fighting to hold it back: It could have killed them had I not fought tooth and nail to keep it at bay.”

Its lens zooms in on Ochazuke.

“A sign of good faith, perhaps than? I can lead someone to Maiz. It would have to be quick, however: Remnant sleeps, but not forever.”
    "Good faith? The gall," Ochazuke seethed through his gritted teeth. Preposterous. "If it were a show of good faith and your will as formidable as you jest, were you not an utter fool you'd have brought the Guardian of Vocado with you. "

Of course, he had little idea what this Remnant was, but Inanna and Parsley both brough word of entities sealed in divine prisons masquerading as prizes. The kin of Banefire or otherwise creatures from the Void he had encountered brought little to bear that had not been most, distinctly unpleasant.

But the knowledge that this cold-blooded solipsist on the other end of this parlay would never speak in this manner unless there were an ulterior motive? With all this chaos in the universe, doubtless he is using this opportunity to climb a ladder to the cosmic stage...

His concentration continued. Just a little more.

"This is bad comedy, Koorimaru. You will have to do better than this. Show me more."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh, well, dark, uninhibited, prowling for a snack, it honestly wasn't too hard to pick you out," Zaofan shrugged, "Besides which, you're the only other sort around here who's got a tail, and I head Totoma couldn't come with this time."

Once the various serving trays had been sorted out, he took a moment to dab off his forehead as he heard the young dinosaur-man out.

"Say no more. I've been trying to figure that out for...far longer than I'd care to admit really. Heck, outside of the training and the Missus, I'm still not 100%, how irresponsible is that?" With a laugh, Zaofan tugged at his collar.

"Yet Somehow, I find myself ending up here. Mysterious plateaus, young sir, are nothing to be scared of! Sure, maybe you don't know where you're going, but being unable to appreciate the moment and make the best of it, that's a far more alarming thing," he nodded sagely, adding with a weak smile, "Probably second to forgetting the way back home, all told."

Drying off his hands on the kitchen towel, Zaofan furrowed his brow as he asked, "Got anything planned for when we get back? I'm sure Shochu would want to check up on you, considering?"
    Shochu?

He had been aware of the cybernetic warrior as Rex, recalling her as vengeful for some grievance not told. Initially, he could only wonder why Zaofan would suggest settling their one-sided grudge, but his tone of voice suggested that there was another side he wasn't aware of. Speaking of awareness, it was around this time that he realized he was in the middle of pigging out his body having gone into autopilot while he contemplated things.

Taking a break in between bites, he replied, "Not sure really... I can't really go back to a "normal life" now."

He could take up Charco's previous goal of restoring the school as discussed with Ochazuke, but there was still a sliver of distaste in honoring the memory of someone that made up a majority of his being. It struck him in the sense that he would be... narcissistic imposter of some sort.

That damn angel and old man and their stupid mysteries. If only the former had been more forthcoming with the reason he had been made, then maybe he wouldn't be so confused.

As Praxat is going toward the source of food she spots, Dash. Dash would see Praxat looking like she's licking the air and rapidly opening and closing her mouth.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It was as she thought, but she had to make sure. "Sounds like it fits my fighting style very well," she said. It also allowed her to move through an area without being seen, which was perfect for what she planned on doing when she reached the Frost Demon colony. "Let's get to it, shall we?"
    He nods.

Then hops up to eye level and pokes Parsley in the forehead.

Her body convulses slightly, then knowledge pours in. Her mana pool grows just a bit, and the spell work for Shadow Walkjng fills her mind.

It also makes her body ache as if she had just run a marathon in increased gravity for years.

Caliban shrugs.

“Quick and dirty. Just downloaded the spell knowledge to ya. How ya feel?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Good faith? The gall," Ochazuke seethed through his gritted teeth. Preposterous. "If it were a show of good faith and your will as formidable as you jest, were you not an utter fool you'd have brought the Guardian of Vocado with you. "

Of course, he had little idea what this Remnant was, but Inanna and Parsley both brough word of entities sealed in divine prisons masquerading as prizes. The kin of Banefire or otherwise creatures from the Void he had encountered brought little to bear that had not been most, distinctly unpleasant.

But the knowledge that this cold-blooded solipsist on the other end of this parlay would never speak in this manner unless there were an ulterior motive? With all this chaos in the universe, doubtless he is using this opportunity to climb a ladder to the cosmic stage...

His concentration continued. Just a little more.

"This is bad comedy, Koorimaru. You will have to do better than this. Show me more."
    “Very well.”

A small holo-projector opens up and an image appears in mid air, that of Maiz. She is bound in strange chains, but seems otherwise unharmed. She floats in mid air as another Frost Demon moves her with TK, her body trailing after him.

“I’ve ordered my......acolyte.....to move her. She’s on Cortis II, an uninhabited planet most notorious for its bad weather. Seek her out there. Or don’t. Once Remnant awakens I doubt we’ll speak again until the final confrontation, and he’ll gather her himself.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna grumbles something in a language unheard by the living, before placing her metal arm down on the Forge. "I wonder..." that globule of Ruination was produced, and held carefully. Genesis had a rather nasty ability to incorporate varying energy types into her very essence. Her arm, similar to those damnable tubes; was capable of drawing in energy of- so far as had been proven- all types it had encountered...

With the magic of the Forge's runes blended with her own providing- one hoped- an effective counterbalance, it might be possible... The globule in her hand seemed to twinkle; as if guessing her thoughts. Was it challenging her?

"..."

Had she not done it before? Consumed the energy of another and blended it into her own. The Void. Auroc... each bringing a unique and sacrilegious energy type to the fore; only for Inanna to deconstruct it, understand it... and improve it. Even Ishtar, may she rest in peace, had been capable of much the same. Bringing in foreign DNA from several extant species and somehow making it work, body adapting and benefitting from its new chimerical state. To say nothing of her own recent tinkering... and even more recent ascension... to say nothing of the need to understand her enemies.

Ishtar, the Goddess of Ruination. Grinthorn. Genesis... and so many more.

A voice seemed to whisper, beg for sanity.

This is the peak of stupidity...

Inanna understood what this was, knew full well the foolishness of the attempt, and yet?

She set the globule in the palm of her metallic hand and 'tapped the vein' of the globule of Ruination. Her hand- the one of flesh and bone- now divested of the burden, Inanna tapped her own veins, a steady stream of her own lifeblood dripping down onto the runes etched into the Forge. To late to turn back now...

Death was a possibility in this venture. Perhaps even a guarantee, but Inanna couldn't help but grin. It was like the old adage said.

"Curiosity killed the cat..."
    Nothing.

And then pain. Pain ripping into her body like a forest fire through dry kindling. Like something within sought to hollow her out.

Blood boiled on the forge and the entire thing cracks, dark red light suffusing the room as the globule of Ruination turns and turns, before burrowing into the metallic arm and eating away at it. At the same time the blood magic destroys the forge utterly and strange tendrils of blood and shattered magic metal swirl around and into the ruined arm, even as the Ruination eats away at it.

Inanna watches as a macabre dance of orange Ruination, Blood red magic, and dark metal swirl and dance, continuously fueled by Inanna’s own blood and renewed power. She watches as her arm is destroyed and remade, destroyed and remade, over and over again, the pain intense as Ruination seeks to eat her whole and her own blood seeks to make Ruination its tool, with the added magic of the broken forge acting as a strange third party, infusing and diffusing around.

A large sound, a great crunch and groan that isn’t heard by the ears but more the energy senses of those on the planet, registers to all.

Inanna, you open your eyes to find a new arm where your previous one once was. This one is made of the magic forge, it’s form the same as the previous but dark grey in color, with strange blood magic runes like tattoos across it. Veins of a faintly glowing orange energy pulse within the arm as well, the call of a small portion of Ruination deep within your body, now yours to command.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

"What would a lower life form, this Foreign Son of Nevadia know of Our way of life?"

Yet bound and seated with broken legs, Lord Blacktongue could not muster any more power than his words.

"The Baradurian savages? They were a divided people until We arrived to take Our rightful place atop their pantheon. Already had they prayed to the sky, the stars, the sun, We simply took Our rightful place among them."

"Our terms were generous, Son of Nevadia. To your divided, weak-minded, and brutally atavistic masses, We offered to elevate you to join Our crusade to buttress Ourselves against the crawling chaos of a cruel universe overrun to a base nature of craven barbarism," Blacktongue replied. "We would tame its savagery, and elevate its lesser races to stand beside Us in a Divine Order. One People, inherently without division or prejudice, in their second life their prayers would come to fruition, 'for to make fruitful the truth, the seed of the spirit must be made forfeit from the chaff.'"

Another quotation for the Royal Family's ears from the Word of Auroc.

"If Prince Jagam had not moved out to meet you first, it would have been others just like you who would have come to invade us," he said with a dark laugh, "The progenitor, Sir Kakarot, is all the proof we need."

The deposed Herald looked around the makeshift court, across the mixed Gold and Silver and Bronze of the Queensguard, and to his further dismay, found nothing of that turned interloper.

At Held's mention of the Converted who had fallen prey to his god's urging, and the Great Seal that had once kept their world sheltered beneath Auroc's watchful eye, Lord Blacktongue needed no more noise but for the crumbling of the Maven's cathedral, now a bombed-out ruin, uneven where fissures split the bedrock.

"See the results? All you have to do, Your Grace, is look all around you to see the truth of their intention," he said.

"If they should die so that We might continue to live standing apart in Our existence only by licking the boots of invaders like you, then I would consider the price worth paying," Blacktongue replied, clutching in vain at his side, gauntlet held fast upon the our. "Perhaps we had erred, Son of Nevadia, in that as you have shown, Civilization is not true strength. How unfortunate that is the way of things."
    The Admiral was silent for a moment, measuring the Heralds words.

They were found wanting. They were not untrue in their entirety---The path of conquest was walked by many races, and it was simply an unfortunate reality. Even the Nevadian Federation, despite it's more amicable methods was forced to admit that a velvet glove must always conceal an iron fist. The nature of war was often an extension of politics, after all.

The Herald was unable to make the distinction anyways. If one seeks the path of the most bloodshed, they all must, in his eyes. There was no gradient, only conquered and conqueror. Was this what their God had hammered into their skulls over the countless ages?

The Nevadian imagined that even presenting the notion of good intentions, mutual interest, or even conditional help--beyond the derranged help Blacktongue offered---among neighbors in the stars would take time to even be contemplated among the Reshlan people.

Good Grief...Setting up a deal with these people will be pain enough, let alone their technological detriments...But the fear Auroc stitched into their minds.....I'm almost beginning to wonder if whatever they have to offer would be worth it. Well, it is...And would be the right thing to do regardless.

"You really are a pitiable man." Held replied his tone one of resignation, "I was hoping there might be something to you other than this fearful, xenophobic zeal and the hubris to think that you could bring peace to a universe that your God lacked the courage to even speak with on terms that were near parity..."

He shook his head slightly, as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"..That's to say nothing of this delusion that your 'conversion' helped anything other than that desire of your master to conquer and dominate, and nothing else---Your afterlife may be amazing, if Auroc was anything other than a fraudulent god-- but you did nothing for your people in the here and now."

He idly shifted the screen on his data pad, and an image of Blacktongue with an intricate report came into view.

"Had you been able to see even a single flaw in your ways, we might have be able to come to terms one day...I was hoping you had something to offer the galaxy--or even your own people--anything other than ambitions that lead to...."

He gestured with his free hand towards the ruined outskirts of town where aid was being administered.

"This."

....Although, I should have expected as much. My Purity Aura wouldn't have decimated him as badly as it did if it had been otherwise...

"As things are, I can say that you are certainly a very grave threat if left to your own devices...My eyes cannot see the future, but I suggest you steel yourself for the years to come."

It was truly an unfortunate fate. Even if he did not find himself executed by the GP for his crimes, his freedom would be reduced to nil for countless ages, a fate the Nevadian would not wish on anyone. Absently, the Nevadian wondered if simply lobbying for his execution would be a mercy of some sorts.

But it would hardly bring about justice, nor understanding. Perhaps by becoming a prisoner himself, the Herald would come to understand the fate his arrival visited upon so many others.

The Admiral keyed in a final command in The Heralds file, before closing it. Two other files appeared, of the Knight, and the High Priestess.

His eyes shifted to the two bound comrades of the Herald.

"And what of you two? Is he still your herald? Are you all of one mind on these matters? If so, simply say it and save me the time of having to bang my head against two more walls."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As they walk towards the food, Dash slowed down a little, "Did you happen to bring that green ingot with you? Or is it still back in the lab?"

She then added, "Ah hope Inanna isn't getting herself into trouble back there."
    "No, I left it in the room...never bring your work to lunch, rule number 8 of being a proper mage. Little bit of something gets in your food, your growing an extra set of arms in minutes." Etrina mused. "Inanna is fine....She usually plans ahead when it comes to the important stuff, so I doubt we..."

A large sound, a great crunch and groan that isn’t heard by the ears but more the energy senses of those on the planet, registers to all.
    "...So I doubt we have anything to worry about." Etrina said, denying the immediate reality as she continued to stroll happily towards the lunch area.