Page 215 of 371 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Shochu?

He had been aware of the cybernetic warrior as Rex, recalling her as vengeful for some grievance not told. Initially, he could only wonder why Zaofan would suggest settling their one-sided grudge, but his tone of voice suggested that there was another side he wasn't aware of. Speaking of awareness, it was around this time that he realized he was in the middle of pigging out his body having gone into autopilot while he contemplated things.

Taking a break in between bites, he replied, "Not sure really... I can't really go back to a "normal life" now."

He could take up Charco's previous goal of restoring the school as discussed with Ochazuke, but there was still a sliver of distaste in honoring the memory of someone that made up a majority of his being. It struck him in the sense that he would be... narcissistic imposter of some sort.

That damn angel and old man and their stupid mysteries. If only the former had been more forthcoming with the reason he had been made, then maybe he wouldn't be so confused.
    Zaofan eyed Charco's response with a curious regard - and a bead of perspiration fell from his brow over a stiff smile as he demolished the rack of ribs.

"...ahem..."

Always the gracious host, he rotated one platter out with a freshly loaded one and offered him a napkin.

"Well, hey, if it's off the beaten path, then frankly I think you've at least got company with the rest of us," he shrugged, "After all, I think it was Eva who once said, 'everything's happened for a reason'..."

Or was that Dr. Midori? Brrr...

"...I don't put too much stake into that myself, but as long as you stay true to yourself and what you want, things will find a way of working out for you," he said, "And if I know Ogatan Charco, you're probably looking to push yourself, so you better fuel up first!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Caliban waves a hand.

“It’s fine. I’ll drop by another time.”

He hands her a small button like object he conjures from mid air.

“Break that and I’ll know it’s a good time, ya see? Don’t want a passed off god or goddess angry I interrupted their time.”

He waves a hand and magic gathers in his palm.

“Stay safe, Miss. Good luck, ya know?”

He palm strikes her in the chest and Parsley finds herself wrenched through time and space, same as the potion vial effect, and suddenly finds herself back where she was last standing before drinking Auroc’s potion.
    Parsley looked the button over the moment it was given to her. "A call button for a God." She gave a wry smile as she pocketed it. "Seems I'm moving up in the world."

It was only a one-time use thing, and for a very specific purpose. Still, that didn't stop her from silently acknowledging that, for until she decided to call him into her universe, she had an actual deity at her beck and call. In the old days, it would have an ego boost unlike any other. Right that moment, it was only something worth chuckling to herself over.

"Again, you have my thanks, Caliban. I will see you again someday." Sooner, more likely than later.

The sudden sensation of her body lurching through literal space was a feeling she would never get used to. She could teleport with no issues. Being shunted between universes, and then across the universe was an entirely different thing.

She opened her eyes and found herself standing back on Reshlan, exactly where she had been standing just before that entire exhausting ordeal began. "Finally, I'm back," she muttered. She checked her pocket to ensure that she hadn't consumed some kind of hallucinogenic serum and had been standing there tripping the hell out over the last hour or so. Surely enough, Caliban's button was grasped between her fingers.

"Incredible," she said with a soft laugh. It wasn't a dream or an hallucination. She met a GoC and learned magic from him. Truly an accidental quest that would be remembered for a long time to come. As much as she wanted to test out her new spell, and eat something, she needed to speak with Inanna. There was much she learned that needed to be relayed to the woman immediately.

'Meet me outside. We need to talk,' she transmitted to the woman.

In the meantime, Zaofan's food was calling her. The alluring aromas of Earth's finest delicacies were tantalizing, seducing her stomach in ways that only the martial chef could accomplish. She noticed Her Favorite Human manning the food line, feeding the dozens of hungry Threshling, no doubt seeking to enjoy their first meal as a free people, liberated from the heavy yolk of false zeal placed at the throne of their pretend god. With Auroc gone, the future seemed bright for this people. Undoubtedly, Nevanlinna would aid her mother in not only reestablishing their identity as a people, but also reforming their image in the eyes of those cursed by Auroc's "loving" gaze.

She silently wished them luck.

She smiled and eyed Zaofan. The perfect chance to test out my new spell. Her mana flared, unseen by those without magic sense. To those watching her, she appeared to simply slip backwards into her own shadows dark embrace. An instant later, she emerged from within Zaofan's, directly behind him.

"I certainly hope you saved me a plate, Zaofan~," she said in his ear.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Nothing.

And then pain. Pain ripping into her body like a forest fire through dry kindling. Like something within sought to hollow her out.

Blood boiled on the forge and the entire thing cracks, dark red light suffusing the room as the globule of Ruination turns and turns, before burrowing into the metallic arm and eating away at it. At the same time the blood magic destroys the forge utterly and strange tendrils of blood and shattered magic metal swirl around and into the ruined arm, even as the Ruination eats away at it.

Inanna watches as a macabre dance of orange Ruination, Blood red magic, and dark metal swirl and dance, continuously fueled by Inanna’s own blood and renewed power. She watches as her arm is destroyed and remade, destroyed and remade, over and over again, the pain intense as Ruination seeks to eat her whole and her own blood seeks to make Ruination its tool, with the added magic of the broken forge acting as a strange third party, infusing and diffusing around.

A large sound, a great crunch and groan that isn’t heard by the ears but more the energy senses of those on the planet, registers to all.

Inanna, you open your eyes to find a new arm where your previous one once was. This one is made of the magic forge, it’s form the same as the previous but dark grey in color, with strange blood magic runes like tattoos across it. Veins of a faintly glowing orange energy pulse within the arm as well, the call of a small portion of Ruination deep within your body, now yours to command.
    Inanna had very well understood the risks of this foolhardy adventure, but the pain as it took effect was not one of them. The constant process of an arm being eaten away, and remade only to be eaten away again, and again... and again?

She might've screamed, had she not been paralyzed.

In retrospect, she might've done a great many things.

When the Forge shattered, she barely noticed. When her blood began to fuse with the magic, and Ruination; her only response was to gasp and shudder weakly... and when the process neared completion and the totality of the energy on Reshlan seemed to simply grind to a halt briefly?

Inanna forced a chuckle, one of borderline madness.

... and then all at once, it was done.

"... f-fuhh..."

The old arm was gone. Had been unmade, and remade so many times that nothing of it remained. What it housed... how it housed it, had died along with it. In its place was a relative wonder. An arm of blood, rune-woven metal, and what she'd sought to add to herself.

Ruination.

The elation of success, while intoxicating in its own right however, would have to wait... As would testing her side-project. Still so much work to be done.

"Etrina." Inanna reached out, and contacted the mage, and when she could be sensed, "Parsley" was also contacted.

"When you ladies both have a moment, there are a few matters that must be discussed..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The sight of that planet filtered through his sense-awareness, and with that he had its signature committed to memory. More than a name, he now had the means to find the locations of these two worlds.

And if he's as good as his word, it will be a relatively simple matter to locate a Guardian.

"More's the pity for one that would not listen at all." It seems in his haste to make a new acquisition, Koorimaru may have vastly underestimated the leverage he had over Sarada and Parsley to do his bidding...though his eyes on the situation will doubtless be many. "Until I confirm this, in the interest of escaping your bondage, surely you can do more?"

"What does your Remnant seek to do next?"
    “He seeks another mea.....”

The drone stops, spins and then vanishes into a small portal.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She opened her eyes and found herself standing back on Reshlan, exactly where she had been standing just before that entire exhausting ordeal began. "Finally, I'm back," she muttered. She checked her pocket to ensure that she hadn't consumed some kind of hallucinogenic serum and had been standing there tripping the hell out over the last hour or so. Surely enough, Caliban's button was grasped between her fingers.

"Incredible," she said with a soft laugh. It wasn't a dream or an hallucination. She met a GoC and learned magic from him. Truly an accidental quest that would be remembered for a long time to come. As much as she wanted to test out her new spell, and eat something, she needed to speak with Inanna. There was much she learned that needed to be relayed to the woman immediately.

'Meet me outside. We need to talk,' she transmitted to the woman.

In the meantime, Zaofan's food was calling her. The alluring aromas of Earth's finest delicacies were tantalizing, seducing her stomach in ways that only the martial chef could accomplish. She noticed Her Favorite Human manning the food line, feeding the dozens of hungry Threshling, no doubt seeking to enjoy their first meal as a free people, liberated from the heavy yolk of false zeal placed at the throne of their pretend god. With Auroc gone, the future seemed bright for this people. Undoubtedly, Nevanlinna would aid her mother in not only reestablishing their identity as a people, but also reforming their image in the eyes of those cursed by Auroc's "loving" gaze.

As Zaofan chatted with Charco, depleted tables snapped from view, and with a puff of smoke the next set of plated entrees popped into being as if conjured from thin air.

Oh, if only that had been the case. But Zaofan was fine with this, for he'd challenged the task of feeding hungry mouths for years now. It didn't matter that they didn't know how long the stocks simmered or the meats braised, once they were satisfied, that was enough for him.

Unfortunately, while his supply seemed inexhaustable, the fact was he'd simply been a mite...over-prepared. The journey to Baradur called for the provisions of humans and Nevadians, and he made his usual store by habit. Yet now Zaofan had quickly found his reserves of capsuled-up foods diminishing at a rather frightening rate.

It is a celebration of sorts, but I wasn't expecting to feed a whole city.

Mopping his brow, he looked down and began to search his pockets for something-

She smiled and eyed Zaofan. The perfect chance to test out my new spell. Her mana flared, unseen by those without magic sense. To those watching her, she appeared to simply slip backwards into her own shadows dark embrace. An instant later, she emerged from within Zaofan's, directly behind him.

At that moment, in front of the Queen of Reshlan and the gathering of Threshling Noble and Commoner alike, a bloodcurdling scream echoed through the wastrel alleys of the capital city.

"FURDURGEN AFFLE PADA ARGHLY~!!!"

If he were a cat, he'd be stuck to the ceiling if there had been one; hanging in the air at an extreme height when he jolted, Zaofan froze in the air, petrified.

Retired Overlord

Drawn by the smell of good food and trying her hardest to escape the grating thought in the back of her head that she'd return to a crater with Inanna lounging happily at the center, Etrina finally arrived at the makeshift lunch area....just in time to catch Parsleys return and the attempt to bully her future husband for lunch.

...nobody bullied her future husband but her.

"Zaofan, I couldn't help but notice you've bee..." Her stomach growled, cutting off her casual introduction. "I couldn't hel..."

*growl*

"I.."

*GROWL*

"...may I have some food."

“He seeks another mea.....”

The drone stops, spins and then vanishes into a small portal.
    Ochazuke's eyes widened, and swiftly he enacted the contingency.

Koorimaru, in the end, had decided it would be in his best interests not to attack him, but perhaps it could still be put to use in some manner.

Having swiftly girding his free hand with Hilda's Hozon Bracelet and channeling its energies through Arthur's Ring Ochazuke struck out in an attempt to arrest its closure for a moment more.

Ochazuke's eyes widened, and swiftly he enacted the contingency.

Koorimaru, in the end, had decided it would be in his best interests not to attack him, but perhaps it could still be put to use in some manner.

Having swiftly girding his free hand with Hilda's Hozon Bracelet and channeling its energies through Arthur's Ring Ochazuke struck out in an attempt to arrest its closure for a moment more.
    The portal grows from a pea size back to a dinner plate size. The drone is gone however.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

As Zaofan chatted with Charco, depleted tables snapped from view, and with a puff of smoke the next set of plated entrees popped into being as if conjured from thin air.

Oh, if only that had been the case. But Zaofan was fine with this, for he'd challenged the task of feeding hungry mouths for years now. It didn't matter that they didn't know how long the stocks simmered or the meats braised, once they were satisfied, that was enough for him.

Unfortunately, while his supply seemed inexhaustable, the fact was he'd simply been a mite...over-prepared. The journey to Baradur called for the provisions of humans and Nevadians, and he made his usual store by habit. Yet now Zaofan had quickly found his reserves of capsuled-up foods diminishing at a rather frightening rate.

It is a celebration of sorts, but I wasn't expecting to feed a whole city.

Mopping his brow, he looked down and began to search his pockets for something-

At that moment, in front of the Queen of Reshlan and the gathering of Threshling Noble and Commoner alike, a bloodcurdling scream echoed through the wastrel alleys of the capital city.

If he were a cat, he'd be stuck to the ceiling if there had been one; hanging in the air at an extreme height when he jolted, Zaofan froze in the air, petrified.
    Chuckling and laughter can be heard among the Threshlings, though the Queen and her guards at least have the decency to only smile.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Chuckling and laughter can be heard among the Threshlings, though the Queen and her guards at least have the decency to only smile.
    Dash came up from behind, not wanting to get between the two love-birds moment of fun.

Once things had settled down, "Hey, Zaofan!" Dash smiled at him, "Ah hope there is somethin left for as well." Dash looked at the table with hungry eyes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Parsley burst into laughter. "Ah Zaofan, you're so funny!" she choked out through her laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Drawn by the smell of good food and trying her hardest to escape the grating thought in the back of her head that she'd return to a crater with Inanna lounging happily at the center, Etrina finally arrived at the makeshift lunch area....just in time to catch Parsleys return and the attempt to bully her future husband for lunch.

...nobody bullied her future husband but her.

"Zaofan, I couldn't help but notice you've bee..." Her stomach growled, cutting off her casual introduction. "I couldn't hel..."

*growl*

"I.."

*GROWL*

"...may I have some food."
    As she calmed down, Etrina's voice floated in from behind her. She turned to greet her. "Oh? Back from your magical treasure hu-"

Her emerald eyes beheld... pointy ears and... green eyes. The human mage had clearly gotten herself into something. Parsley could taste the magic all over her. And it tasted different than Etrina's usual temporal magic. This mana tasted more... mythical. That was likely not the right word, but it was the most apt description.

Regardless, Etrina clearly did something stupid and paid the price for it.

What Parsley was presented with was an opportunity to have even more fun than she just had with Zaofan.

In an instant, Parsley was in front of the young mage, gently pinching her teeny little pixie ears. "Oh my Goodness," she squealed like a mother watching her little child do something cutesy. "Look at your wittle ears! They are so adorable~!" Every word spoken was sincere...

...ly mocking Etrina for being a big dope and getting into something she didn't understand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley burst into laughter. "Ah Zaofan, you're so funny!" she choked out through her laughter.

As she calmed down, Etrina's voice floated in from behind her. She turned to greet her. "Oh? Back from your magical treasure hu-"

Her emerald eyes beheld... pointy ears and... green eyes. The human mage had clearly gotten herself into something. Parsley could taste the magic all over her. And it tasted different than Etrina's usual temporal magic. This mana tasted more... mythical. That was likely not the right word, but it was the most apt description.

Regardless, Etrina clearly did something stupid and paid the price for it.

What Parsley was presented with was an opportunity to have even more fun than she just had with Zaofan.

In an instant, Parsley was in front of the young mage, gently pinching her teeny little pixie ears. "Oh my Goodness," she squealed like a mother watching her little child do something cutesy. "Look at your wittle ears! They are so adorable~!" Every word spoken was sincere...

...ly mocking Etrina for being a big dope and getting into something she didn't understand.
    "Ah think she's had a few bad role models in that regards." Smirking slightly as she spoke, as she watched Parsley teasing Etrina.

"An what of you, Princess?" Dash asked, "Ah was wondering when you'd show back up."

Zaofan eyed Charco's response with a curious regard - and a bead of perspiration fell from his brow over a stiff smile as he demolished the rack of ribs.

"...ahem..."

Always the gracious host, he rotated one platter out with a freshly loaded one and offered him a napkin.

"Well, hey, if it's off the beaten path, then frankly I think you've at least got company with the rest of us," he shrugged, "After all, I think it was Eva who once said, 'everything's happened for a reason'..."

Or was that Dr. Midori? Brrr...

"...I don't put too much stake into that myself, but as long as you stay true to yourself and what you want, things will find a way of working out for you," he said, "And if I know Ogatan Charco, you're probably looking to push yourself, so you better fuel up first!"
    A jenga tower constructed of rib bones stood before the entity now, a testament of how many he had downed within the span of their conversation. Turning to speak, he found Zaofan had garnered the hungry attention of at least three individuals. Chuckling to himself, the hybrid stood up and stretched, figuring this was his cue to leave the chef be.

"Looks like you got some customer."

With that said he walked away, his hunger although not completely filled, was content enough not to pester him. His mind, however, starved for information, guidance. Ochazuke's and Zaofan's perspectives were enough to tell him that he must continue forward, regardless of the path taken, but it was this path's identity that eluded him. Ogatan Rex, the collective memory of Earth's history and present, strode through the damaged halls of alien royalty, his fingertips gently brushing against the walls as he traversed.

"You'd think I would have gotten my **** together at this stage..." He muttered to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah think she's had a few bad role models in that regards." Smirking slightly as she spoke, as she watched Parsley teasing Etrina.

"An what of you, Princess?" Dash asked, "Ah was wondering when you'd show back up."
    "Quite so," Parsley concurred, all the while still pinching Etrina's ears.

Dash's question coaxed a silent sigh out of her. It wasn't that she didn't think highly enough of Dash to trust her with the information she had learned both at the Rookery and while speaking with Caliban in Pui's shop. Before being filtered down to the masses, data and information first needed to be discussed and analyzed by the people in whose hands it would do the most good. Inanna, Ochazuke, herself, possibly Etrina if she wasn't too busy slapping more elven garbage onto her person, Held if he was drunk, and Sarada. Everyone else would have to wait until they decided what to do and the best possibly way to proceed.

"Following a lead," she responded. "Turned up empty, so it was just a wasted trip." She shrugged listlessly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Quite so," Parsley concurred, all the while still pinching Etrina's ears.

Dash's question coaxed a silent sigh out of her. It wasn't that she didn't think highly enough of Dash to trust her with the information she had learned both at the Rookery and while speaking with Caliban in Pui's shop. Before being filtered down to the masses, data and information first needed to be discussed and analyzed by the people in whose hands it would do the most good. Inanna, Ochazuke, herself, possibly Etrina if she wasn't too busy slapping more elven garbage onto her person, Held if he was drunk, and Sarada. Everyone else would have to wait until they decided what to do and the best possibly way to proceed.

"Following a lead," she responded. "Turned up empty, so it was just a wasted trip." She shrugged listlessly.
    A slight raised eyebrow, then a half shrug before turning back towards the food. Dash had been around long enough to know when she was getting brushed off, and by now she should be used to it. One thing Dash also knew well is when to assert herself and when to back off. She had secretly hoped that, after three years, things would change. There was a tinge of disappointment that not much had.

Reaching for a plate, she felt the knot grow in her stomach. Taking a slow, deep breath, she relaxed and pushed it aside. Then she smiled slightly as she found something to put on her plate.