Page 217 of 371 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose... with the 'new' arm.

"Between this, and the new magical dimension I've recently been made aware of, that's two more things. Though the Rookery can at least be crossed off of the list." After a pause to digest the rest of the information- Majins, and Night- the woman muttered a string of expletives before continuing. "Okay so, I will definitely be visiting this dimension. Now... Please, please tell me that's the extent of it. A bunch of Majins running a spy network is interesting, but hardly enough to alter my current schedule; and as far immediate concerns are... concerned, I've got a new a-"
    Inanna's reaction was exactly what Parsley predicted it would be. Unfortunately for her, that was not all Parsley had to say. Though, that was the extent of the bad news.

"... riiiight. Let's not get ahead of ourselves," Inanna replied. "Last thing I need is another losing fight. I still need to take some time to appraise the energy I pilfered from Night, and you've yet to get him what you promised you would. I believe." Not that Inanna exactly remembered that at the moment, occupied as she was with simply getting away from that... thing as fast as possible; she'd not much listened to their foolish agreement. Of course, Parsley certainly remembered it.
    Parsley frowned deeply. "Promise?" She scratched the back of her head and smoothed her hair out. That was the very first time she had every heard of any promise she made to Night. "What are you talking about?"

Her mind was drawing a blank. She remembered Jormundr, the petrified dragon, that she, Inanna, and Sasheem stumbled across while investigating a lead Eva clarified for them. She remembered nearly succumbing to the very same thing the dragon did when she foolishly touched her hand to its crystalized eye. They were drawn to the planet by Night himself, where they faced him face to face. Then...

Nothing. She knew they had some kind of conversation with him, but as for what it was about or what resulted from it, she drew a complete blank. If Parsley made some sort of promise to him, to retrieve something for him, she surely would have remembered. It would have been one of the most important items at the fore of her mind at all times, constantly nagging her like an old spinster. But there was nothing.

She...

"Wait..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Parsley, as you eat this strange fruit, and it tastes quite good to be sure, you.....blank for a moment but then finish the fruit and Caliban looks at you.
    "The fruit..." The fruit took her memory of that meeting. That had to be it. Inanna wouldn't lie to her about something that was apparently this important. When she ate that fruit, she immediately felt like she was forgetting something. "Damn it!"

"Unless you want him to rip out your eyes?"
    "...WHAT?!"

She must have misheard that. Surely she did. There was no way, no how, she would allow him to levy such a hefty egregious consequence for not holding up her end of this mysterious bargain. "No. There is no way I would agree to those terms. You must be mistaken."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "...WHAT?!"

She must have misheard that. Surely she did. There was no way, no how, she would allow him to levy such a hefty egregious consequence for not holding up her end of this mysterious bargain. "No. There is no way I would agree to those terms. You must be mistaken."
    "Well, it was either offer something of value, or make a bargain. Sasheem uh... I think he gave him a burrito or something?" Inanna muttered. "I uh... uhhh... taught him how I brought us there," that'd probably come back to bite her in the ass at some point. "About that point I stopped focusing on the man and focused more on leaving, pretty sure you agreed to retrieve something of his? I'm sure I'll remember eventually, could always speak to the Time Elf."

Shrug.

"You had a year, it's hardly been two days. You'll be fine." Inanna gave Parsley two thumbs up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Well, it was either offer something of value, or make a bargain. Sasheem uh... I think he gave him a burrito or something?" Inanna muttered. "I uh... uhhh... taught him how I brought us there," that'd probably come back to bite her in the ass at some point. "About that point I stopped focusing on the man and focused more on leaving, pretty sure you agreed to retrieve something of his? I'm sure I'll remember eventually, could always speak to the Time Elf."

Shrug.

"You had a year, it's hardly been two days. You'll be fine." Inanna gave Parsley two thumbs up.
    Parsley still found it hard to believe that she would offer something that would warrant that kind of threat be placed on her head, or eyes, as it were. She shook her head in disbelief at her presumed and supposed stupidity. "I...I guess. A year. Yes, that should be enough time to figure it out."

A sigh breezed out of her.

"Moving on to something more pertinent to your own interests, I made contact with a former God of Creation at the Rookery. His name is Caliban; perhaps you've heard of him. He remained neutral during Asha'rah's War of Heavenly Idiocy, and thus was allowed to retire. He wants to speak with you, your mother, and Asha'rah." She fished out the button Caliban gave her and showed it to her. "When you three are ready, let me know, and I'll summon him with this. I imagine the four of you will have much to discuss."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Back at the buffet, Dash puts down her plate and stands up. Walking away from the others, once far enough not to be noticed she activates the invisibility watch Praxat gave her.
    Parsley still found it hard to believe that she would offer something that would warrant that kind of threat be placed on her head, or eyes, as it were. She shook her head in disbelief at her presumed and supposed stupidity. "I...I guess. A year. Yes, that should be enough time to figure it out."

"Moving on to something more pertinent to your own interests, I made contact with a former God of Creation at the Rookery. His name is Caliban; perhaps you've heard of him. He remained neutral during Asha'rah's War of Heavenly Idiocy, and thus was allowed to retire. He wants to speak with you, your mother, and Asha'rah." She fished out the button Caliban gave her and showed it to her. "When you three are ready, let me know, and I'll summon him with this. I imagine the four of you will have much to discuss."
    From some distance away, barely close enough to see and hear, suppressing her ki and remaining silent while still invisible and in hiding, Dash had been watching and listened. Though her heart beat would normally be fast under these circumstances, her training allowed her to slow it down. Her training allowed her to suppress other signs of her presence as well.

Her training in the arts of Ninjujitsu and Ninja stealth have never left her.

OOC: I'm not saying she is completely undetectable. However, she is making it as hard as possible to do so.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-16-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As praxet moves his face close, scooping up air with her tounge, there is a shudder beneath the lid. She can just barely detect the smell of something....she need only move head her a little closer and all would be revealed.

Slowly, the lid was pushed upwards....little by little.....until praxet could see a pale moon in the pitch darkness of the box. Then a sound akin to the ripping and tearing of some demonic beast sounding in unison with a blast of hot, foul smelling air so hot and rancid that every bit of moisture on Praxets face and tongue instantly evaporated and her Vomeronasal organ shriveled up into the roof of her mouth in desperate escape.

The box lid immediately snapped shut afterwards.
    Praxat backs away from the box. ( Okay, it's best to ignore that. I'm not even going to bother checking it with my google's X-ray mod) Praxat thought.

Praxat goes far away from the box and pulls out a capsule mark cleaning tools. The actives the capsule and out pops an assortment of cleaning tools, supplies, and a Hazmat suit. Praxat takes a bottle label moisture rejuvenation gel.

Praxat uses this gel to restore the moisture of her face and tongue. No longer sensing the awful smell from the box. Praxat's vomeronasal organ unshriveles itself from the roof of her mouth.

Praxat then puts the cleaning tools, supplies, and hazmat suit back into the capsule and puts the capsule back into her right coat pocket.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-15-2020 at 11:24 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Inanna stared at Parsley a moment, before turning to stare at the would be eaveadropper's hiding spot. If the armor alone wasn't a dead give away, the lingering scent of Fae magic from that little dragon whelp, and Faetrina certainly was.

"Conversation is on hold, as we've been followed," the woman said with a sigh.

"Would you like to do the honors, Parsley?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna stared at Parsley a moment, before turning to stare at the would be eaveadropper's hiding spot. If the armor alone wasn't a dead give away, the lingering scent of Fae magic from that little dragon whelp, and Faetrina certainly was.

"Conversation is on hold, as we've been followed," the woman said with a sigh.

"Would you like to do the honors, Parsley?"
    Parsley sniffed twice as a familiar scent wafted through the air. Like a predator catching the scent of an inattentive prey, she let out a low growl.

Turning slightly, her keen senses enhanced by Observational Insight noticed the irregularity almost immediately. An invisible someone was watching them, listening in on their conversation. She knew exactly who it was. She could smell the scent, and the latent magic that bled off of Etrina, whom she was standing by only moments earlier.

The young mage wasn't stupid and knew that if Parsley and Inanna went off by themselves, their conversation was of the level of importance that civilian ears shouldn't catch a word of it.

Sadly, the same couldn't be said of Dash.

"Eavesdropping, hm?" She lifted I to the air and disappeared. Suddenly, reappeared behind the invisible woman. "How naughty," she purred as she lifted her leg.

Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-16-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley sniffed twice as a familiar scent wafted through the air. Like a predator catching the scent of an inattentive prey, she let out a low growl.

Turning slightly, her keen senses enhanced by Observational Insight noticed the irregularity almost immediately. An invisible someone was watching them, listening in on their conversation. She knew exactly who it was. She could smell the scent, and the latent magic that bled off of Etrina, whom she was standing by only moments earlier.

The young mage wasn't stupid and knew that if Parsley and Inanna went off by themselves, their conversation was of the level of importance that civilian ears shouldn't catch a word of it.

Sadly, the same couldn't be said of Dash.

"Eavesdropping, hm?" She lifted I to the air and disappeared. Suddenly, reappeared behind the invisible woman. "How naughty," she purred as she lifted her leg.

As the kick approached her, Dash's hands landed on Parsley's leg, flipping her up and high over the Saiyan's head. As she moved, she became visible again. Whie still in midair, her Spider Armor reappeared.

Landing nearby, "Let's say ah got a bad feeling an ah hate bein dragged into the middle of something without all the facts. This sounded to me like something we all could be dragged into."

As the kick approached her, Dash's hands landed on Parsley's leg, flipping her up and high over the Saiyan's head. As she moved, she became visible again. Whie still in midair, her Spider Armor reappeared.

Landing nearby, "Let's say ah got a bad feeling an ah hate bein dragged into the middle of something without all the facts. This sounded to me like something we all could be dragged into."
    "You're an idiot," Parsley commented acerbically. "At no point have I ever withheld pertinent information from anyone in this group. Especially if it was something I felt we needed to act on."

Her golden aura exploded to life.

"Instead of simply waiting like everyone else, you violated our privacy. How childish. I would say I expected better from you, but you clearly suffer from an intellectual degradation that only worsens as you grow older."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You're an idiot," Parsley commented acerbically. "At no point have I ever withheld pertinent information from anyone in this group. Especially if it was something I felt we needed to act on."

Her golden aura exploded to life.

"Instead of simply waiting like everyone else, you violated our privacy. How childish. I would say I expected better from you, but you clearly suffer from an intellectual degradation that only worsens as you grow older."
    Her arms crossed, Dash stood there, a stern look on her face as if staring down a belligerent child, "We just fought a would be god, and won, barely. Nerves are on edge, situations like this keep getting worse an worse, an you keep treating the rest of us like children.. Perhaps if you hadn't been so quick to dismiss me without any explanation ah wouldn't have had reason to worry."

Her arms crossed, Dash stood there, a stern look on her face as if staring down a belligerent child, "We just fought a would be god, and won, barely. Nerves are on edge, situations like this keep getting worse an worse, an you keep treating the rest of us like children.. Perhaps if you hadn't been so quick to dismiss me without any explanation ah wouldn't have had reason to worry."
    "Because, I asked her to." Inanna replied, pudding cup in hand.

"I remember you, see... Not your name, but how you feel about your allies," the woman said, pausing long enough to take a bite of delicious pudding.

"When the Universes were literally dying at the hands of a madwoman, you were more concerned with what an absentee... 'ally', might do had she been there, than trust in those that were there." Inanna flashed an innocent smile.

"So why would I include you, in my own personal affairs, if you've proven that you're unwilling to trust those who would fight, and die alongside you? Why would I even remember the name of a person like that?"

Pudding cup finished, it vanished in a flare of Hakai.

"But... Ahh," Inanna trailed off as Parsley turned Super Saiyan. "Don't let me interrupt the lesson here, just mull what I said over, mm?"

Arx Inosaan

"Barely," she scoffed. "Maybe you and the Frog. I had no troubles at all with mine, and neither did the Zaozi." In fact, she would have beaten Auroc with contemptuous ease if she wasn't so unsure of whether he could still absorb energy or not. That inquiry was answered with resounding force mere moments later.

"Yes, I decided to discuss these matters with the person who has the most insight into them." She gestured toward Inanna.

"I find it curious that you're the only one willing to go to this frankly ridiculous lengths to gather information that I would have given you later. I don't see Ochazuke stalking behind a tall patch of grass, huffing and puffing impotently and grousing quietly about how that mean both Parsley is keeping things from him. Hum, could it be that he trusts me and my judgment to know that I will, in time, divulge what I have learned once I've had a chance to consult an expert?"

Parsley started walking toward her,slowly, like a predator stalking its helpless prey.

"Nor do you see anyone else here. Nor did they raise objection. I felt I have done enough for your planet and the universe in general to earn your trust. Apparently not, if this is how you choose to conduct yourself when not given what you want right away."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Barely," she scoffed. "Maybe you and the Frog. I had no troubles at all with mine, and neither did the Zaozi." In fact, she would have beaten Auroc with contemptuous ease if she wasn't so unsure of whether he could still absorb energy or not. That inquiry was answered with resounding force mere moments later.

"Yes, I decided to discuss these matters with the person who has the most insight into them." She gestured toward Inanna.

"I find it curious that you're the only one willing to go to this frankly ridiculous lengths to gather information that I would have given you later. I don't see Ochazuke stalking behind a tall patch of grass, huffing and puffing impotently and grousing quietly about how that mean both Parsley is keeping things from him. Hum, could it be that he trusts me and my judgment to know that I will, in time, divulge what I have learned once I've had a chance to consult an expert?"

Parsley started walking toward her,slowly, like a predator stalking its helpless prey.

"Nor do you see anyone else here. Nor did they raise objection. I felt I have done enough for your planet and the universe in general to earn your trust. Apparently not, if this is how you choose to conduct yourself when not given what you want right away."
    "An ah put my life line on the line to help Pinach an Totoma try and rescue the Sayians under attack. At least they trusted me enough to ask for my help, knowin ah'd give it without cost or question. Trust is a two way street. All you had to say was that you'd brief the rest of us later an ah'd have been fine with that."

"An ah put my life line on the line to help Pinach an Totoma try and rescue the Sayians under attack. At least they trusted me enough to ask for my help, knowin ah'd give it without cost or question. Trust is a two way street. All you had to say was that you'd brief the rest of us later an ah'd have been fine with that."
    "I am not my brother, nor am I that moron half-breed hero of his," she commented. She came to a stop a few feet from Dash. Cold blue eyes stared at her as she continued.

"That should have been implicit. I've always shared intel. Name one time I haven't before this." She folded her arms and waited. Her tail unwrapped from her waist and immediately bent into a zigzag pattern, denoting how irritated she was with this entire nonsensical conversation.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I am not my brother, nor am I that moron half-breed hero of his," she commented. She came to a stop a few feet from Dash. Cold blue eyes stared at her as she continued.

"That should have been implicit. I've always shared intel. Name one time I haven't before this." She folded her arms and waited. Her tail unwrapped from her waist and immediately bent into a zigzag pattern, denoting how irritated she was with this entire nonsensical conversation.
    "Ah can count the number of times Ah've been on a mission with you on one hand." Dash looked at her hand as if thinking on this, then held up three fingers, "It's not like ah really know you all that well, not well enough to answer that question. Perhaps it's time for us to get to know each other, don't you think?" she gave the Sayian Princess a shrug and a slight smile.