Page 218 of 371 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5560

Praxat sits down and takes out her phone. ( Hmm, I better delete that message to my mom. Really don't want to be a bother to her,) Praxat thought.

Praxat turns on her phone and deletes the text message to her mom. She then turns off her phone and puts it back in her right pants pocket. ( Hmm, I wonder what Dash is up to? ) Praxat thought.

( Well, at least I'm away from that horrible smelling box. Damn, odor violated my sense of smell. I know there are benefits to having two olfactory organs, such as being able to sample both air and water odors simultaneously. I can use my vomeronasal organ to turbocharged my sense of smell.) Praxat thought.

(It's a helpful organ. The downside is it's highly sensitive, more sensitive than the olfactory organ in my nostrils. Which makes it more subjectable to sensory overload,) Praxat thought.

Praxat thinks about how Dash complimented her sword skills. ( I was complimented on my sword skills by Dash. Still, I'm nowhere need the skill level of my ancestor Disdemona when it comes to a sword) Praxat thought.

Praxat then thinks about the bioelectricity that was rapidly surging through her eyes when she was fighting alongside Dash. ( Pushing myself to use 50% and 60% of my elastic energy caused bioelectricity to rapidly surged through my eyes. I get the feeling that bioelectricity rapidly surging through my eyes at the time was a sign of something big,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Because, I asked her to." Inanna replied, pudding cup in hand.

"I remember you, see... Not your name, but how you feel about your allies," the woman said, pausing long enough to take a bite of delicious pudding.

"When the Universes were literally dying at the hands of a madwoman, you were more concerned with what an absentee... 'ally', might do had she been there, than trust in those that were there." Inanna flashed an innocent smile.

"So why would I include you, in my own personal affairs, if you've proven that you're unwilling to trust those who would fight, and die alongside you? Why would I even remember the name of a person like that?"

Pudding cup finished, it vanished in a flare of Hakai.

"But... Ahh," Inanna trailed off as Parsley turned Super Saiyan. "Don't let me interrupt the lesson here, just mull what I said over, mm?"
    Looking away from Parsley for a moment, she responded to Inanna's comment. "Uh, yeah, okay ah'll think about it." Then the turned back to Parsley, waiting to see how she responds.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah can count the number of times Ah've been on a mission with you on one hand." Dash looked at her hand as if thinking on this, then held up three fingers, "It's not like ah really know you all that well, not well enough to answer that question. Perhaps it's time for us to get to know each other, don't you think?" she gave the Sayian Princess a shrug and a slight smile.
    It was a simple question Dash claimed she didn't know Parsley well enough to answer. The answer, of course, was never, but Parsley didn't expect an answer. The human showed her belly, so to speak.

"Get to know me? Fine." She buried her fist in Dash's abdomen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It was a simple question Dash claimed she didn't know Parsley well enough to answer. The answer, of course, was never, but Parsley didn't expect an answer. The human showed her belly, so to speak.

"Get to know me? Fine." She buried her fist in Dash's abdomen.
    Doubling over, Dash staggered backwards then to her knees, her armor taking some of the attack. After a moment she looked up at Parsley, then stood up. "Ah guess ah still have a lot to learn about Sayians." From her expression, she wasn't sure how to take this. "Ah knew ah should have spent more time studying Sayian culture."

Doubling over, Dash staggered backwards then to her knees, her armor taking some of the attack. After a moment she looked up at Parsley, then stood up. "Ah guess ah still have a lot to learn about Sayians." From her expression, she wasn't sure how to take this. "Ah knew ah should have spent more time studying Sayian culture."
    Parsley kneed her in the torso. "In the time when I was born on Vocado, strength was everything. Even as a child, I was among the strongest. I was declared a prodigy at age 11, slated to be the strongest of my race."

If Dash wanted to get to know her, she would tell her her entire life story. All while bruising her knuckles with Dash's face.

It was the Saiyan way. If Dash was smart, she would catch on and reciprocate.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley kneed her in the torso. "In the time when I was born on Vocado, strength was everything. Even as a child, I was among the strongest. I was declared a prodigy at age 11, slated to be the strongest of my race."

If Dash wanted to get to know her, she would tell her her entire life story. All while bruising her knuckles with Dash's face.

It was the Saiyan way. If Dash was smart, she would catch on and reciprocate.
    Getting the idea, Dash staggered back. As she did, several thoughts crossed her mind, including the one that involved her being beaten so bad she wouldn't have enough strength to summon her Earth armor and wouldn't be able to test it out on the green metal. But then, that was at risk as soon as she left the refugee area. Another thought crossed her mind, that if she walked away she'd only be proving that she wasn't worth their trust.

Standing tall, and holding both hands to each side, she flared up her aura, then moved in at high speed. As she did, she launched a double kick, one aimed at Parsley's mid-section, anohter aimed at her chest.

Getting the idea, Dash staggered back. As she did, several thoughts crossed her mind, including the one that involved her being beaten so bad she wouldn't have enough strength to summon her Earth armor and wouldn't be able to test it out on the green metal. But then, that was at risk as soon as she left the refugee area. Another thought crossed her mind, that if she walked away she'd only be proving that she wasn't worth their trust.

Standing tall, and holding both hands to each side, she flared up her aura, then moved in at high speed. As she did, she launched a double kick, one aimed at Parsley's mid-section, anohter aimed at her chest.
    Parsley caught the boot aimed for her midsection, but allowed the kick to the chest. Without the...padding other women were blessed with, the kick did some damage. "When I was sixteen, I began my career as a conqueror," she continued. Using the captured leg as leverage, she slammed Dash into the ground, back first. "I slaughtered innocent aliens by the millions, eventually racking up a kill count of 350,633,127 before my 20th birthday. I made my living wiping out swaths of populations, or even entire ones, and selling the worlds on the Junjo black market for a hefty profit."

She still had much of her blood money in another account. She hadn't touched it since she died; it was dripping with the blood out countless innocents. She gave Sarada permission to use that money to pay as reparations to the races wronged by the Saiyans over the years. It was only right, and it didn't make sense to just let it sit there and collect virtual dust.

"I was considered the greatest conqueror since King Otatop IV," she said as she brought her foot down toward Dash's chest. "When I arrived on a world, those that saw me trembled with fear and begged for their lives. I simply laughed and killed them."

There was no pride in her voice as she recounted this sordid portion of her history. It was a clinical, politic regaling, nothing more. There was no joy to be had in remembering when she was rightfully regarded as a devil. Maybe it was a testament to how far she had come since those days. She was a better person, certainly; though, not killing innocent civilians wasn't a very high bar to cross on the "decent person scale". Even Sasheem could accomplish such a feat in his everyday life, much to his chagrin, she was sure.

"They called me a devil. Even my own father." That was for another reason, but Dash would never know. Nor would she ever find out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley caught the boot aimed for her midsection, but allowed the kick to the chest. Without the...padding other women were blessed with, the kick did some damage. "When I was sixteen, I began my career as a conqueror," she continued. Using the captured leg as leverage, she slammed Dash into the ground, back first. "I slaughtered innocent aliens by the millions, eventually racking up a kill count of 350,633,127 before my 20th birthday. I made my living wiping out swaths of populations, or even entire ones, and selling the worlds on the Junjo black market for a hefty profit."

She still had much of her blood money in another account. She hadn't touched it since she died; it was dripping with the blood out countless innocents. She gave Sarada permission to use that money to pay as reparations to the races wronged by the Saiyans over the years. It was only right, and it didn't make sense to just let it sit there and collect virtual dust.

"I was considered the greatest conqueror since King Otatop IV," she said as she brought her foot down toward Dash's chest. "When I arrived on a world, those that saw me trembled with fear and begged for their lives. I simply laughed and killed them."

There was no pride in her voice as she recounted this sordid portion of her history. It was a clinical, politic regaling, nothing more. There was no joy to be had in remembering when she was rightfully regarded as a devil. Maybe it was a testament to how far she had come since those days. She was a better person, certainly; though, not killing innocent civilians wasn't a very high bar to cross on the "decent person scale". Even Sasheem could accomplish such a feat in his everyday life, much to his chagrin, she was sure.

"They called me a devil. Even my own father." That was for another reason, but Dash would never know. Nor would she ever find out.
    Grabbing the foot on her chest, Dash used her Ki to push back on it enough to slipped out from under. Rolling on the ground, she picked herself back up and faced the Sayian. She then leapt up and flipped backwards, landing a a short distance away. As soon as she she, she moved in fast, racing at high speed. Racing, not at Parsley, but around her. As she did, the air turned into a wind, hitting the Sayian. As the wind battered her, Dash also physically tried to hit her at high speed.

OOC: Think Flash, sort of.

Retired Overlord

Settled in to the makeshift table, teacup at the ready, Dash off doing something and Zaofan in his proper place....the mage lifted the teacup for her first real bit of peace and quiet in some tim..

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Etrina," he hailed over the communicator. "There is a matter of some urgency I wish to discuss with you."
    "Ochazuke?" Etrina let the tea cup fall and suppressed a sight before answering him. "I'm available, what's urgent?"

Grabbing the foot on her chest, Dash used her Ki to push back on it enough to slipped out from under. Rolling on the ground, she picked herself back up and faced the Sayian. She then leapt up and flipped backwards, landing a a short distance away. As soon as she she, she moved in fast, racing at high speed. Racing, not at Parsley, but around her. As she did, the air turned into a wind, hitting the Sayian. As the wind battered her, Dash also physically tried to hit her at high speed.

OOC: Think Flash, sort of.
    Nothing?

Parsley wasn't expecting to be read some kind of riot act, but she did expect some kind of shock at how many people she killed and the other sordid details of her past. To hear nothing at all was a little surprising.

Parsley watched Dash run around her and felt the wind strike her at all angles. As the wind struck with the force of a temperamental hurricane, Parsley continued. "Four years ago, I vied for the very throne Sarada sits on atop the Saiyan Empire. Then, it was only a dream, an idea. The King of Vocado at the time, Mato, had been making so many reforms. Slavery was abolished and the slaves we kept in a place called the Meat Market were all freed with pockets full of reparations."

Dash changed tactics and ran at her at her full speed. She struck Parsley dead in the face.

"To make a long, pointless story short, I lost to Sarada at the last possible moment," she said, even with Dash's fist pressed against her cheek. "It was my own fault. In my hubris, I underestimated Sarada. Even if I had won, I would have made for a terrible Queen."

She paused to retaliate.

"Did you know I claimed, during one of the fights leading up to my bouts with Sarada, that I intended on exterminating the hybrid Saiyans in the Empire once I won? To my great shame, I may have meant it at the time. Had she not beaten me, I would have had all the power needed to carry it out." That was, of course, assuming Tasure didn't kill her as soon as Mato gave her the Amulet of Leadership. Maiz possibly could have stayed her hand but not for long.

"Anyway, I lost. It was for the best."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Face-down in the ancient stone the old masons and architects of the Threshling Empire had arranged to last across the ages, the hand of the chef reached upwards, and a faint noise carried across the wind.

Half a whimper, part giggle, from where he stood faceless beneath the white table cloth, he slowly pushed a bowl of sugar cubes towards his newly minted Elven Mistress, and it echoed.

"...baaaaaa....."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Settled in to the makeshift table, teacup at the ready, Dash off doing something and Zaofan in his proper place....the mage lifted the teacup for her first real bit of peace and quiet in some tim..

"Ochazuke?" Etrina let the tea cup fall and suppressed a sight before answering him. "I'm available, what's urgent?"
    "I'd been making a final sweep of the planet, and I'd encountered a satellite drone sent by Koorimaru. It seems he'd followed us remotely, and come here to Reshlan for a parlay."

Examining the energy tear on this end of folded space, he concentrated on keeping it in stasis.

"Do you remember the portals he'd use? They are now able to move matter as well as energy. That's how he's managed to cross distances so swiftly across the universe. That's also how he's managed to evade capture or consequence."

Nothing?

Parsley wasn't expecting to be read some kind of riot act, but she did expect some kind of shock at how many people she killed and the other sordid details of her past. To hear nothing at all was a little surprising.

Parsley watched Dash run around her and felt the wind strike her at all angles. As the wind struck with the force of a temperamental hurricane, Parsley continued. "Four years ago, I vied for the very throne Sarada sits on atop the Saiyan Empire. Then, it was only a dream, an idea. The King of Vocado at the time, Mato, had been making so many reforms. Slavery was abolished and the slaves we kept in a place called the Meat Market were all freed with pockets full of reparations."

Dash changed tactics and ran at her at her full speed. She struck Parsley dead in the face.

"To make a long, pointless story short, I lost to Sarada at the last possible moment," she said, even with Dash's fist pressed against her cheek. "It was my own fault. In my hubris, I underestimated Sarada. Even if I had won, I would have made for a terrible Queen."

She paused to retaliate.

"Did you know I claimed, during one of the fights leading up to my bouts with Sarada, that I intended on exterminating the hybrid Saiyans in the Empire once I won? To my great shame, I may have meant it at the time. Had she not beaten me, I would have had all the power needed to carry it out." That was, of course, assuming Tasure didn't kill her as soon as Mato gave her the Amulet of Leadership. Maiz possibly could have stayed her hand but not for long.

"Anyway, I lost. It was for the best."
    Blown backwards, Dash was beginning to show signs of struggling. Despite that, she staggered back up, grateful that the armor she wore continued to hold up. As she did, Dash finally spoke, "Ah can hear it in your voice. You don't speak of the past with either pride or arrogance."

Dash got back on her feet, "This all began as a matter of trust. Sarada trusts you, ah know enough to know that she does. Others here respect you, ah just needed to know if they respect you because they fear you or because they trust you. Ah think ah got my answer."

"It's now on my head to prove ah can be trusted. That something ah'll have to work on." Standing straighter, "If you wish to talk some more we can, though ah think that ah'd rather do it the Human way."

Blown backwards, Dash was beginning to show signs of struggling. Despite that, she staggered back up, grateful that the armor she wore continued to hold up. As she did, Dash finally spoke, "Ah can hear it in your voice. You don't speak of the past with either pride or arrogance."

Dash got back on her feet, "This all began as a matter of trust. Sarada trusts you, ah know enough to know that she does. Others here respect you, ah just needed to know if they respect you because they fear you or because they trust you. Ah think ah got my answer."

"It's now on my head to prove ah can be trusted. That something ah'll have to work on." Standing straighter, "If you wish to talk some more we can, though ah think that ah'd rather do it the Human way."
    At this point, Dash had heard enough to make a judgment. Citing the trust Sarada placed in her, as well as the respect the others had for her, she determined Parsley was trustworthy. "Good to hear. Proving yourself competent in battle is the quickest way to earn someone's trust."

A shame it came at this point. She had reached the point of the story where her entire life turned on its head, the defining moment that shaped the person that stood before Dash right then. Well, she intended on finishing her story. And she would have to do it the boring way. Talking while...standing around had its uses, but if building a rapport with someone was the goal, talking about fighting was the way to go.

Alas, human culture was so odd and backwards.

"I don't speak with much anymore. I learned shortly after my failed attempt at the throne that it only paves the way to defeat. My care-nurse, or I guess you humans would call it surrogate mother, Maiz tried to instill a sense of humility in me. I suppose it didn't take until it was too late. A shame, it perhaps would have made my death more bearable. The humiliation of being chained to a wall, my strength taken from me, and used as a guinea pig for a vengeful Tuffle scientist was unbearable. Being stripped of everything that made you as a person, to be treated as nothing more than an animal with limited usefulness, slowly killed over the course of three weeks while being experimented on to perfect the serums needed to exterminate your entire race.

"I believe you humans call it 'karma'. I, up to that point, had been a horrendous person. I deserved an equally horrendous death. It was unpleasant, and something I will never put myself or another person through again. To be tortured... you likely have no idea what that is like. I hope you never find out."

She sighed. "I spent a year in Purgatory instead of Hell like I thought I would. It turned out being in love and being loved tilted the scales in my favor just enough. When I was wished back, I was changed. And I found some happiness since then: A strong, beautiful wife and two strong children. I've been reaccepted by my people, thanks to Sarada vouching for me. And that's it."

That was a flop of an ending to an otherwise rollercoaster of a life. This was why she preferred telling stories while punching people in the face.

She powered down and fell back on her butt to rest. "Alright, your turn."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

(Using 50% and 60% of my elastic energy when I was fighting alongside Dash. Nearly wrecked my body. Thank goodness for my healing factor, but that just means I need to get serious about training and train my body more. Have to put all my lab work on hold and just focus on training my body,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

At this point, Dash had heard enough to make a judgment. Citing the trust Sarada placed in her, as well as the respect the others had for her, she determined Parsley was trustworthy. "Good to hear. Proving yourself competent in battle is the quickest way to earn someone's trust."

A shame it came at this point. She had reached the point of the story where her entire life turned on its head, the defining moment that shaped the person that stood before Dash right then. Well, she intended on finishing her story. And she would have to do it the boring way. Talking while...standing around had its uses, but if building a rapport with someone was the goal, talking about fighting was the way to go.

Alas, human culture was so odd and backwards.

"I don't speak with much anymore. I learned shortly after my failed attempt at the throne that it only paves the way to defeat. My care-nurse, or I guess you humans would call it surrogate mother, Maiz tried to instill a sense of humility in me. I suppose it didn't take until it was too late. A shame, it perhaps would have made my death more bearable. The humiliation of being chained to a wall, my strength taken from me, and used as a guinea pig for a vengeful Tuffle scientist was unbearable. Being stripped of everything that made you as a person, to be treated as nothing more than an animal with limited usefulness, slowly killed over the course of three weeks while being experimented on to perfect the serums needed to exterminate your entire race.

"I believe you humans call it 'karma'. I, up to that point, had been a horrendous person. I deserved an equally horrendous death. It was unpleasant, and something I will never put myself or another person through again. To be tortured... you likely have no idea what that is like. I hope you never find out."

She sighed. "I spent a year in Purgatory instead of Hell like I thought I would. It turned out being in love and being loved tilted the scales in my favor just enough. When I was wished back, I was changed. And I found some happiness since then: A strong, beautiful wife and two strong children. I've been reaccepted by my people, thanks to Sarada vouching for me. And that's it."

That was a flop of an ending to an otherwise rollercoaster of a life. This was why she preferred telling stories while punching people in the face.

She powered down and fell back on her butt to rest. "Alright, your turn."
    Looking slightly surprised by the last statement, "My turn?" As she spoke, her armour vanished leaving her back in her normal outfit. The surprise was mostly that few ever asked her about herself.

"Well, okay." Dash thought about it for a moment, "Ah was born and raised in one of two villages on Earth founded by my ancestor who dedicated her life to developing a new style of Martial Arts. As was the norm for every kid there since then, we were trained as soon as we were old enough to run. So ah've been trainin since ah was about 3 or 4 years old."

"Though it was mostly just me an my Dad," Dash's voice got a little more wistful and melancholy, "from what ah was told my Mom died alone, fighting someone when ah was too young to remember," then her voice picked up again, "livin in the village was getting to me. Ah went through a rebellious stage in my teens, dyed my hair in order to stand out from my relatives, trained in every variant offered by both villages, things like that. Then ah learned about the World Martial Arts Tournament."

"Ah showed my Dad the flyer an he looked at me an said 'No'." Dash smirked slightly, "Bottom line, ah ended up sneaking out of the village an running off to prove myself at the tournament. Ah had bigger dreams, ah actually had dreams of flight, an of becoming the fastest filly on the planet."

"Ah got there in time and managed to qualify. It was there that ah met Zaofan and the others, an ah also met the Silver Lady, Sensei Reimi, for the first time. At first it was the most fun ah ever had in my life, then it wasn't when ah nearly paid a high price for it. Ah wanted to help Zaofan out, so ah got involved in the fighting and ended up with a broken back. Dying is one thing, laying on the ground and not being able to move my legs, staring up at the sky and wondering if ah'd be paralyzed for life, never be able to run or fight again, that was somehow even more scary."

"Luckily, Zaofan found me an got me some help. When things got busy, when ah was alone, ah looked over at the others, then up at the sky and wished ah could help them fight. That's when the Silver Lady spoke to me, she offered to help me out, though there might be a price later. Ah agreed and she spirited me away."

"That's where ah met Cyanna for the first time. Sensei found a healer who fixed my back and got me back up on my feet an walking in less than a month. After that ah started training with her, learned to fly, to control my ki, to run again. All while traveling around the Universe with her. It was an eye opening experience."

"Ah won't bore you with the rest, though my stint as an Apprentice Guardian was also an eye opening experience. As well as learning more about my ancestor."

"An that's about it."
    Last edited by Tami; 10-17-2020 at 08:12 AM.