Page 219 of 371 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5560

( I have to find someone to train me in swordsmanship. Dash better show me this sword master she knows. Hmm, Dash did say that she make arrangements for me to meet her Ninjustu master) Praxat thought.

Praxat takes out her cell phone and just looks at it. ( It bothers me that I can't check on my sister Fraxat's condition. I mean, the doctors on Choma three years ago did say. That they couldn't completely fix the damaged my grandmother did to my sister Fraxat) Praxat thought.

(Because of what happen to her. I like to check up on her from time to time to see if she's doing alright) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( I have to find someone to train me in swordsmanship. Dash better show me this sword master she knows. Hmm, Dash did say that she make arrangements for me to meet her Ninjustu master) Praxat thought.

Praxat takes out her cell phone and just looks at it. ( It bothers me that I can't check on my sister Fraxat's condition. I mean, the doctors on Choma three years ago did say. That they couldn't completely fix the damaged my grandmother did to my sister Fraxat) Praxat thought.

(Because of what happen to her. I like to check up on her from time to time to see if she's doing alright) Praxat thought.
    Praxat's phone suddenly starts to ring.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Far away, on another world:

“Target locked.”

The electronic voice speaks into the comm, though no sound can really be heard coming from the man. Near empty space surrounds him, the barren rock he lays against unlivable for any species. No atmosphere and barley enough gravity to keep him tethered to the ground, his nano machines have formed anchors to keep him in place.

Final Verdict against his cheek, eye looking through the scope, he watches the target.

“Commencing firing. Whistle’s Boon active.”

A bolt of energy about a meter long lances out, quiet and deadly, from the gun and shoots off into space. He lowers the gun and taps a button on his wrist.

“Target elimination in two hours. Request pick-up.”

A moment later, a portal appears and The Judge releases his nano-anchors and floats into it, vanishing from the barren world he left.

—————

Two hours later a bolt of dark red energy slips silently through space, silently through atmosphere, and strikes its intended target from on high. No warning, no error, just pin point accuracy from solar systems away.

Target eliminated.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Praxat's phone suddenly starts to ring.
    Praxat hears her phone ringing. ( Huh, I got a signal?) Praxat thought.

Praxat answers her phone. " Alright, who is this?" Praxat said
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat hears her phone ringing. ( Huh, I got a signal?) Praxat thought.

Praxat answers her phone. " Alright, who is this?" Praxat said
    Praxat hears a woman's voice respond, respond in a serious, non-nonsense tone, "Do you have a wish or don't you?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Looking slightly surprised by the last statement, "My turn?" As she spoke, her armour vanished leaving her back in her normal outfit. The surprise was mostly that few ever asked her about herself.

"Well, okay." Dash thought about it for a moment, "Ah was born and raised in one of two villages on Earth founded by my ancestor who dedicated her life to developing a new style of Martial Arts. As was the norm for every kid there since then, we were trained as soon as we were old enough to run. So ah've been trainin since ah was about 3 or 4 years old."

"Though it was mostly just me an my Dad," Dash's voice got a little more wistful and melancholy, "from what ah was told my Mom died alone, fighting someone when ah was too young to remember," then her voice picked up again, "livin in the village was getting to me. Ah went through a rebellious stage in my teens, dyed my hair in order to stand out from my relatives, trained in every variant offered by both villages, things like that. Then ah learned about the World Martial Arts Tournament."

"Ah showed my Dad the flyer an he looked at me an said 'No'." Dash smirked slightly, "Bottom line, ah ended up sneaking out of the village an running off to prove myself at the tournament. Ah had bigger dreams, ah actually had dreams of flight, an of becoming the fastest filly on the planet."

"Ah got there in time and managed to qualify. It was there that ah met Zaofan and the others, an ah also met the Silver Lady, Sensei Reimi, for the first time. At first it was the most fun ah ever had in my life, then it wasn't when ah nearly paid a high price for it. Ah wanted to help Zaofan out, so ah got involved in the fighting and ended up with a broken back. Dying is one thing, laying on the ground and not being able to move my legs, staring up at the sky and wondering if ah'd be paralyzed for life, never be able to run or fight again, that was somehow even more scary."

"Luckily, Zaofan found me an got me some help. When things got busy, when ah was alone, ah looked over at the others, then up at the sky and wished ah could help them fight. That's when the Silver Lady spoke to me, she offered to help me out, though there might be a price later. Ah agreed and she spirited me away."

"That's where ah met Cyanna for the first time. Sensei found a healer who fixed my back and got me back up on my feet an walking in less than a month. After that ah started training with her, learned to fly, to control my ki, to run again. All while traveling around the Universe with her. It was an eye opening experience."

"Ah won't bore you with the rest, though my stint as an Apprentice Guardian was also an eye opening experience. As well as learning more about my ancestor."

"An that's about it."
    Parsley was bit off-put that Dash didn't seem to have anything to say about, well, anything she said. No questions about what Purgatory and Otherworld were like or even what it felt like to die. As soon as Parsley finished and offered Dash a turn, she immediately jumped into her own story. When done, nothing. Not even a request to see her children. Parsley, at Maiz's insistent behest, always carried a photo album filled with pictures of Mais and Garnish during these first three years. She had been hoping for a chance to show them off, but that chance hadn't come thus far.

She sighed silently and reflected on Dash's tale. Thinking back on it, it became evident that life on Earth was peaceful, yet boring. Perhaps it was just this one woman's perspective, in that the only real hardship she appeared to face - or bothered to mention - was her mother's dead and the battle with this Simon Battersea, the so-called Champion of Earth. A laughable goon who would barely be a blip on their radar at this point, he was a force years ago. She remembered hearing that he managed to hold his own against Sarada in her Oozaru form, though while apparently boosted by some kind of drug.

Suffering only a broken back during that kind of battle was impressive, she supposed.

Comparing said broken back to death, even relatively speaking, in the face of someone who just detailed the circumstances leading up to her own death was not only short-sighted, but also in poor taste. Parsley said nothing because it changed nothing in the end, but it was still an irritating thing to hear.

When Reimi was mentioned, she blinked. The name sounded somewhat familiar...oh, the silver woman, the alleged contemporary of Zurvan.

"I see," she finally said after taking all things into consideration. "All things considered, I would say you've led a relatively safe and happy life. Must be nice."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Face-down in the ancient stone the old masons and architects of the Threshling Empire had arranged to last across the ages, the hand of the chef reached upwards, and a faint noise carried across the wind.

Half a whimper, part giggle, from where he stood faceless beneath the white table cloth, he slowly pushed a bowl of sugar cubes towards his newly minted Elven Mistress, and it echoed.

"...baaaaaa....."
    Etrina gives him a soft tap on his back with the feel of her show. "You graduated to dog ages ago...dogs to baaaa, they bark." She smiled and gave him another tap with her heel.

"I'd been making a final sweep of the planet, and I'd encountered a satellite drone sent by Koorimaru. It seems he'd followed us remotely, and come here to Reshlan for a parlay."

Examining the energy tear on this end of folded space, he concentrated on keeping it in stasis.

"Do you remember the portals he'd use? They are now able to move matter as well as energy. That's how he's managed to cross distances so swiftly across the universe. That's also how he's managed to evade capture or consequence."
    "Odd that he's parleying through a probe and not himself this time..." Etrina mused. "But yes that would explain a few things....though not what he was parleying for this time, or why your calling me in particular."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley was bit off-put that Dash didn't seem to have anything to say about, well, anything she said. No questions about what Purgatory and Otherworld were like or even what it felt like to die. As soon as Parsley finished and offered Dash a turn, she immediately jumped into her own story. When done, nothing. Not even a request to see her children. Parsley, at Maiz's insistent behest, always carried a photo album filled with pictures of Mais and Garnish during these first three years. She had been hoping for a chance to show them off, but that chance hadn't come thus far.

She sighed silently and reflected on Dash's tale. Thinking back on it, it became evident that life on Earth was peaceful, yet boring. Perhaps it was just this one woman's perspective, in that the only real hardship she appeared to face - or bothered to mention - was her mother's dead and the battle with this Simon Battersea, the so-called Champion of Earth. A laughable goon who would barely be a blip on their radar at this point, he was a force years ago. She remembered hearing that he managed to hold his own against Sarada in her Oozaru form, though while apparently boosted by some kind of drug.

Suffering only a broken back during that kind of battle was impressive, she supposed.

Comparing said broken back to death, even relatively speaking, in the face of someone who just detailed the circumstances leading up to her own death was not only short-sighted, but also in poor taste. Parsley said nothing because it changed nothing in the end, but it was still an irritating thing to hear.

When Reimi was mentioned, she blinked. The name sounded somewhat familiar...oh, the silver woman, the alleged contemporary of Zurvan.

"I see," she finally said after taking all things into consideration. "All things considered, I would say you've led a relatively safe and happy life. Must be nice."
    Dash looked at her, suddenly feeling like she did something wrong. Thinking on it, "Ah'm not sure if you were expecting me to push you for more information or not. Ah mean, there's a lot to unpack in what you told me. Ah guess ah'm usually more of a listener then a talker, that's why ah was surprised when ah thought you were asking me for some information about myself. Ah just figured it would be rude of me to pry any more into your life. If ah misread the situation, then ah'm sorry."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Dash looked at her, suddenly feeling like she did something wrong. Thinking on it, "Ah'm not sure if you were expecting me to push you for more information or not. Ah mean, there's a lot to unpack in what you told me. Ah guess ah'm usually more of a listener then a talker, that's why ah was surprised when ah thought you were asking me for some information about myself. Ah just figured it would be rude of me to pry any more into your life. If ah misread the situation, then ah'm sorry."
    "It's fine," she said as she floated to her feet. "We'll save it for another time."

She glanced back at Inanna. There were still a few things she needed to discuss with her. Thinking on it, what they discussed thus far before being interrupted had no bearing on the others. Or at least, very little. The GoC was docile, if not something of a prick. Night was Sarada's issue to deal with, and he could wait until Tundra was dealt with. Her sister was under enough stress as it was; there was very little need to add on before the largest matter on her mind was solved.

"There's not much more I need to discuss with Inanna. Let us think about what we have talked about so far and then I'll bring it up to the others."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"It's fine," she said as she floated to her feet. "We'll save it for another time."

She glanced back at Inanna. There were still a few things she needed to discuss with her. Thinking on it, what they discussed thus far before being interrupted had no bearing on the others. Or at least, very little. The GoC was docile, if not something of a prick. Night was Sarada's issue to deal with, and he could wait until Tundra was dealt with. Her sister was under enough stress as it was; there was very little need to add on before the largest matter on her mind was solved.

"There's not much more I need to discuss with Inanna. Let us think about what we have talked about so far and then I'll bring it up to the others."
    "Ah'll leave you two alone then. Ah won't talk about this to anyone, not until after you bring it up when you're ready." Dash then lifted of the ground, "Ah'll see you back at the Castle."

With that, she turned and headed back, taking her time doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina gives him a soft tap on his back with the feel of her show. "You graduated to dog ages ago...dogs to baaaa, they bark." She smiled and gave him another tap with her heel.
    "...yubi-yubi..."

He lay there prostrate for but a few precious minutes more. Then by the wooly of a Fortuitous Sheep, Zaofan stood up from the bully, swept the dust off of his head, and straightened up.

"Back to work," he said, leaning over and pecking Etrina on the cheek before making his way back to the side.

"Odd that he's parleying through a probe and not himself this time..." Etrina mused. "But yes that would explain a few things....though not what he was parleying for this time, or why your calling me in particular."
    "He makes his base of operations on a planet called Khoolis," he said, "I managed to trace his signal feeds and am fairly confident I can find the direction to him, and only that much," he said, "However, if you can keep this portal from dissipating, perhaps conjur up some way to take it under your control, then we'll have a direct path to Koorimaru and the Remnant."

Of course it had not been but a few hours since the threat of Auroc and the Maven had left this world. With perhaps a few exceptions, few would be ready to fight to that extent right now.

"...a lead, for a matter we will have to contend with in the immediate future," Ochazuke continued.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-17-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Praxat hears a woman's voice respond, respond in a serious, non-nonsense tone, "Do you have a wish or don't you?"
    " Do I have a wish, huh?" Well, I do have a desire to awaken to a new power. I also have a desire to find a swordmaster to train me in swordsmanship. So I can feel that I'm worthy of wielding my ancestor's sword," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

" Do I have a wish, huh?" Well, I do have a desire to awaken to a new power. I also have a desire to find a swordmaster to train me in swordsmanship. So I can feel that I'm worthy of wielding my ancestor's sword," Praxat said.
    The voice seemed almost exasperated at first as she spoke, "Alright," then she shifted to a more calmer tenor, "tell you what, when you return to Earth call me back. The number should be stored in your device. When you do, then we will talk about this again. Be thankful you have such good friends who are looking out for you."

With that, the call ended.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...yubi-yubi..."

He lay there prostrate for but a few precious minutes more. Then by the wooly of a Fortuitous Sheep, Zaofan stood up from the bully, swept the dust off of his head, and straightened up.

"Back to work," he said, leaning over and pecking Etrina on the cheek before making his way back to the side.

"He makes his base of operations on a planet called Khoolis," he said, "I managed to trace his signal feeds and am fairly confident I can find the direction to him, and only that much," he said, "However, if you can keep this portal from dissipating, perhaps conjur up some way to take it under your control, then we'll have a direct path to Koorimaru and the Remnant."
    "A portal? Well...." Etrina chuckled inwardly, this being the second time today she had to deal with a portal to some dangerous unknown location. "Wait just a moment, Assistance is on the way."

True to word, it was not a few moments before something blue and shimmering whirled its way up past Ochazuke, did a swift circle around the barely maintained gap in space and promptly sealed it within a sphere of locked time so it couldn't close any further.

"The Spatial anomaly has been contained." The Blue Foci proclaimed, adjusting her doll sized glasses with the light of the singularity glinting off the corner of the frame.

Next a white light flew up past him and did another circle around the frozen portal.

"Ohohoho...." The White foci laugh, back of its tiny hand over her mouth. "Commencing extraction of portal energy sample....now hold still and be a good little boy." The foci began drawing energy from the portal through the time lock, just enough to gain information on where it connected to.

"Another thing for you to mull over, if I may." Inanna spoke up, as she made her way over, smiling lazily.

"Parsley saved your life today."

Still smiling, the woman pulled out a pudding cup.

"Finished? Good. I was starting to get impatient." Inanna commented, before opening her pudding cup. "Time is valuable, and from what I've gathered, this was frankly a waste."

Though it had given Inanna a chance to think a few things through, relevant to her own interests... so maybe not a complete waste.

"Pudding?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan