Page 220 of 371 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5560
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Another thing for you to mull over, if I may." Inanna spoke up, as she made her way over, smiling lazily.

"Parsley saved your life today."

Still smiling, the woman pulled out a pudding cup.

"Finished? Good. I was starting to get impatient." Inanna commented, before opening her pudding cup. "Time is valuable, and from what I've gathered, this was frankly a waste."

Though it had given Inanna a chance to think a few things through, relevant to her own interests... so maybe not a complete waste.

"Pudding?"
    "Yes please ero." Erosa said from the top of Inannas head.

A moment of silence passed, and Erosa let out a "a" of realization before she vanished from perception with a audible pop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yes please ero." Erosa said from the top of Inannas head.

A moment of silence passed, and Erosa let out a "a" of realization before she vanished from perception with a audible pop.
    Inanna just holds a pudding cup up for Erosa, smiling. "Enjoy your nap, Erosa?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"A portal? Well...." Etrina chuckled inwardly, this being the second time today she had to deal with a portal to some dangerous unknown location. "Wait just a moment, Assistance is on the way."

True to word, it was not a few moments before something blue and shimmering whirled its way up past Ochazuke, did a swift circle around the barely maintained gap in space and promptly sealed it within a sphere of locked time so it couldn't close any further.

"The Spatial anomaly has been contained." The Blue Foci proclaimed, adjusting her doll sized glasses with the light of the singularity glinting off the corner of the frame.

Next a white light flew up past him and did another circle around the frozen portal.

"Ohohoho...." The White foci laugh, back of its tiny hand over her mouth. "Commencing extraction of portal energy sample....now hold still and be a good little boy." The foci began drawing energy from the portal through the time lock, just enough to gain information on where it connected to.
    With the White and Blue Foci now studying the spatial tear, Ochazuke let out a stiff sight of relief. Slowly at first, he then lowered Arthur's Ring as he eased off the channeling of Hozon through it once its form had been contained through their time lock.

Magic had always been a strange matter to him. Though his skill had allowed him to perceive the difference between it and the strange temperaments of life force ingrained in ki, beyond a separation in energy the purpose etched into the spell, sourced from who knows where, was beyond his reckoning.

A fascinating process, but even if these are Etrina's proxies, time, as ever, is still of the essence.

"Is it possible you might preserve the course, or the methodology of the portal?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah'll leave you two alone then. Ah won't talk about this to anyone, not until after you bring it up when you're ready." Dash then lifted of the ground, "Ah'll see you back at the Castle."

With that, she turned and headed back, taking her time doing so.
    She nodded once and watched Dash take her leave. What a bother, she thought.

With that finally out of the way, she turned and walked back to Inanna.

"Another thing for you to mull over, if I may." Inanna spoke up, as she made her way over, smiling lazily.

"Parsley saved your life today."

Still smiling, the woman pulled out a pudding cup.

"Finished? Good. I was starting to get impatient." Inanna commented, before opening her pudding cup. "Time is valuable, and from what I've gathered, this was frankly a waste."

Though it had given Inanna a chance to think a few things through, relevant to her own interests... so maybe not a complete waste.

"Pudding?"
    Parsley took the pudding wordlessly and in its place, placed Auroc's journal in her hand. "I want that back. There are equations in there that I need to figure out."

She decided that it was in her best interest to just not ask where these pudding cups were coming from. Some things were probably best left a mystery. Case in point, the new arm Inanna was sporting. Unless Parsley was mistaken, that was her third one. She could sense the magic pouring off it, so Inanna almost certainly did something very stupid to gain it.

"One more thing about Universe 16," she said. "It's dripping, overflowing with magic. For someone like you, it should provide a nice meal, I suppose. That's it for me. Did the Maven's private room yield anything interesting? Besides whatever means you used to create your arm, I mean."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She nodded once and watched Dash take her leave. What a bother, she thought.

With that finally out of the way, she turned and walked back to Inanna.

Parsley took the pudding wordlessly and in its place, placed Auroc's journal in her hand. "I want that back. There are equations in there that I need to figure out."

She decided that it was in her best interest to just not ask where these pudding cups were coming from. Some things were probably best left a mystery. Case in point, the new arm Inanna was sporting. Unless Parsley was mistaken, that was her third one. She could sense the magic pouring off it, so Inanna almost certainly did something very stupid to gain it.

"One more thing about Universe 16," she said. "It's dripping, overflowing with magic. For someone like you, it should provide a nice meal, I suppose. That's it for me. Did the Maven's private room yield anything interesting? Besides whatever means you used to create your arm, I mean."
    The book disappeared as quickly as it was dropped there. "I'll give the calculations a look and let you know. As for the Maven's Room? More trouble than it's worth really... I'd say the Forge was the only good thing."

Inanna shrugged.

"Do you know how painful it is to have Ruination destroy your arm only for a magical forge working in tandem with blood magic to remake it several dozen times?" The woman grinned, and pudding cup appeared in the palm of her hand.

"... More pudding?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With the White and Blue Foci now studying the spatial tear, Ochazuke let out a stiff sight of relief. Slowly at first, he then lowered Arthur's Ring as he eased off the channeling of Hozon through it once its form had been contained through their time lock.

Magic had always been a strange matter to him. Though his skill had allowed him to perceive the difference between it and the strange temperaments of life force ingrained in ki, beyond a separation in energy the purpose etched into the spell, sourced from who knows where, was beyond his reckoning.

A fascinating process, but even if these are Etrina's proxies, time, as ever, is still of the essence.

"Is it possible you might preserve the course, or the methodology of the portal?"
    "You must understand firstly, that time is only stalled on this side of the portal.....the other side has likely since closed." The Blue foci addressed ochazuke. "Even if we could access this portal as it is now, the result would be similar to trying to roll a ball through a pipe that starts circular and ends in a dodecahedron.....and you don't have choice to go backwards."

"So no, we can't use it anymore as it is....but we can figure out how it was made and to where, then your just spell from doing it yourself" The White Foci added.

Retired Overlord

Inanna just holds a pudding cup up for Erosa, smiling. "Enjoy your nap, Erosa?"
    "No....First Parsley step on my head and wake me up, not even say sorry. Then her and other person spout life story....if Erosa knew this was confessional area she would have slept somewhere else." Erosa took the pudding cup and, in Erosa style, popped the entire container in her mouth.

".....nomnomnomero....."

The book disappeared as quickly as it was dropped there. "I'll give the calculations a look and let you know. As for the Maven's Room? More trouble than it's worth really... I'd say the Forge was the only good thing."

Inanna shrugged.

"Do you know how painful it is to have Ruination destroy your arm only for a magical forge working in tandem with blood magic to remake it several dozen times?" The woman grinned, and pudding cup appeared in the palm of her hand.

"... More pudding?"
    "Ruination?" That was the energy Inanna's double, Ruin Goddess Ishtar, used to destroy much of her native timeline. She wasn't sure how she managed to get a hold of it, but she somehow managed to meld it with blood magic to mold her previous arm into its current form.

An arm that could apparently spawn infinite pudding cups?

Parsley took the pudding wordlessly. As she ate, she hummed quietly. "I see. Assuming it can do more than spawn pudding out of thin air, this is quite the upgrade."

She rapped her knuckles against the arm and nodded appreciatively. "Well done. Now then, did the Maven have any spellbooks lying around? I'd like to expand my magical repertoire now that I'm more adept at blood magic."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"No....First Parsley step on my head and wake me up, not even say sorry. Then her and other person spout life story....if Erosa knew this was confessional area she would have slept somewhere else." Erosa took the pudding cup and, in Erosa style, popped the entire container in her mouth.

".....nomnomnomero....."
    "Then don't take a nap while invisible," Parsley chided without looking at the Id.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"Then don't take a nap while invisible," Parsley chided without looking at the Id.
    "Bleh, If Erosa took a nap while visible Parsley would of definitely stepped on head." The Id Responded with annoyance.

"Bleh, If Erosa took a nap while visible Parsley would of definitely stepped on head." The Id Responded with annoyance.
    "Tch. Of course I wouldn't have," Parsley said. She gave the Id a sweet smile before adding, "I would have kicked you out of the way so there would be no chance of me stepping on you. However, since you seem so upset, I am sorry for curbstomping your skull."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Ruination?" That was the energy Inanna's double, Ruin Goddess Ishtar, used to destroy much of her native timeline. She wasn't sure how she managed to get a hold of it, but she somehow managed to meld it with blood magic to mold her previous arm into its current form.

An arm that could apparently spawn infinite pudding cups?

Parsley took the pudding wordlessly. As she ate, she hummed quietly. "I see. Assuming it can do more than spawn pudding out of thin air, this is quite the upgrade."

She rapped her knuckles against the arm and nodded appreciatively. "Well done. Now then, did the Maven have any spellbooks lying around? I'd like to expand my magical repertoire now that I'm more adept at blood magic."
    "The Arm is what the Forge was... a, well. Forge... near as I can tell at any rate. I've not had the time for extensive testing; and had only just recovered from the process when I was summoned." Inanna replied.

If the Pudding Button was any indication however, the ability to generate vast quantities of snack food was certainly within its capabilities. "As for the spell... ah right! I'd almost forgotten." Inanna shows Parsley a book she'd taped a piece of paper to. 'An Introduction to Blood Magic: So You Think You Can Bleed.' "It's in Threshling, so I'll need to translate it, but the book is largely to do with the proper quantities and lower level spell-theory for aspiring Blood Mages."

Yet another thing she'd have to do, but at least it was for a good enough purpose.

"It is going to have to be returned to Etrina, mind you. It's on loan."

".....nomnomnomero....."
    "Or be more careful where you step, when slapping around a narcissist~"

Arx Inosaan

"The Arm is what the Forge was... a, well. Forge... near as I can tell at any rate. I've not had the time for extensive testing; and had only just recovered from the process when I was summoned." Inanna replied.

If the Pudding Button was any indication however, the ability to generate vast quantities of snack food was certainly within its capabilities. "As for the spell... ah right! I'd almost forgotten." Inanna shows Parsley a book she'd taped a piece of paper to. 'An Introduction to Blood Magic: So You Think You Can Bleed.' "It's in Threshling, so I'll need to translate it, but the book is largely to do with the proper quantities and lower level spell-theory for aspiring Blood Mages."

Yet another thing she'd have to do, but at least it was for a good enough purpose.

"It is going to have to be returned to Etrina, mind you. It's on loan."
    "A portable forge, hm? That will be useful simply as a means of creating bare basic weapons. Never mind when you have time to figure out how to get creative with it."

Parsley looked at the spellbook with an almost reverence. Learning the proper quantities for her spells was a heavensent blessing. She had been, basically, bleeding herself to death for her more complicated sorcery. Learning just how much she needed, and perhaps an easier way of getting it besides cutting someone open, would be helpful indeed.

"Tch. Fine. Just...write down the translations whenever you do them and give me a copy."

"Or be more careful where you step, when slapping around a narcissist~"
    At least she wasn't the only one off-put by Dash's conversation skills.

"As far as I know, she only associates with Praxat. I'm willing to forgive her inability to converse with a normal person, in that case."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"A portal? Well...." Etrina chuckled inwardly, this being the second time today she had to deal with a portal to some dangerous unknown location. "Wait just a moment, Assistance is on the way."

True to word, it was not a few moments before something blue and shimmering whirled its way up past Ochazuke, did a swift circle around the barely maintained gap in space and promptly sealed it within a sphere of locked time so it couldn't close any further.

"The Spatial anomaly has been contained." The Blue Foci proclaimed, adjusting her doll sized glasses with the light of the singularity glinting off the corner of the frame.

Next a white light flew up past him and did another circle around the frozen portal.

"Ohohoho...." The White foci laugh, back of its tiny hand over her mouth. "Commencing extraction of portal energy sample....now hold still and be a good little boy." The foci began drawing energy from the portal through the time lock, just enough to gain information on where it connected to.
    As Dash flew back towards the Castle, she sensed some familiar ki signatures nearby. Pausing, she looked up and in the distance saw what seemed like Etrina with Ochazuke. She moved in a little closer, out of curiosity, but didn't get too close.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"A portable forge, hm? That will be useful simply as a means of creating bare basic weapons. Never mind when you have time to figure out how to get creative with it."

Parsley looked at the spellbook with an almost reverence. Learning the proper quantities for her spells was a heavensent blessing. She had been, basically, bleeding herself to death for her more complicated sorcery. Learning just how much she needed, and perhaps an easier way of getting it besides cutting someone open, would be helpful indeed.

"Tch. Fine. Just...write down the translations whenever you do them and give me a copy."
    "It's on my list of things to do." Inanna commented. "More importantly, you mentioned something about a God of Creation that wasn't a dimwit?"

At least she wasn't the only one off-put by Dash's conversation skills.

"As far as I know, she only associates with Praxat. I'm willing to forgive her inability to converse with a normal person, in that case."
    Inanna offered Parsley a blank stare. "I have no idea what a Praxat is."

Arx Inosaan