Page 228 of 246 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3687
  1. #3406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I would prefer we wait to engage Koorimaru and Remnant until after Maiz is out of their clutches. Without her, their plan falls apart, if the Icer's words are to believed." Maiz was the Warrior who trained Kings and Queens. Parsley took that to mean she was an invaluable cog in the mechanism needed to free Remnant from his prison. If she was taken away, that would be that.

    That, unfortunately, wasn't possible. They had a very short window before the slain GoD woke up and reasserted control over the Frost Demon. She wasn't sure how long even a First Race ship would take to travel to Cortis II, though she wagered not very long. Even still, a simultaneous strike was their best bet to deal with everything swiftly.

    "But waiting isn't an option." She sighed. "I don't know how powerful Koorimaru is with Remnant, but I'm unwilling to bet on my power against his. Not with this serious a situation. Our best bet is taking him quickly while he's still immobile. I've learned a new spell that lets me move from shadow to shadow. Given time, I may be able to capture him before anyone notices."

    There were too many unknown variables with her plan for her to have the utmost confidence in it. She would have loved to just shelve the entire thing for another day and go to sleep.

    "Returning the amulet to its original owner after capture Koorimaru solves this problem."
    "Seems our course has been determined, then," Ochazuke replied. "We'll have some time to recover on our retreival of Maiz, but if you are to leave to see to Koorimaru right this instant, be sure you've recuperated first."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna cleared her throat.

    " Remnant is still recovering his strength; we likely won't have another chance at this, trap or not."
    "Even if you're unable to defeat him, at the very least you may see what he is after to better disrupt his efforts."

    So much depended on these next hours. it was not ideal, but they had to be swift, otherwise an opportunity like this might never come again.

    "Once we are done, I suppose we will meet up back here to determine how we will proceed."

  2. #3407
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Concerned? Yes. Of course... but for a reason you don't remember." Inanna replied. "The leftover energies contained within the corpse of that Wish Dragon you touched, nearly killed you. The only way to deal with him is to sate his curiosity, or enter a bargain." The woman sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose.

    "It hasn't even been 48 hours since your 'run in' with him. I know you're a Saiyan, but even you should be smart enough to know that concern does not mean you throw caution to the wind."
    "I don't have to remind you that I also owe him... something."

    And she suddenly realized that arriving without that something may have hastened her ocular demise.

    She squeezed her eyes closed. Already, the looming specter of a deal born from her apparent haste haunted her. She had 363 days to retrieve something for Night and return it to him. With Koorimaru captured, he could wait inside a capsule, in stasis until she was ready to depart, but when that time would be was impossible to determine.

    "Damn it!"

    She wanted this nonsense over and done with as soon as possible, but she couldn't remember and Inanna wasn't paying attention.

    Don't panic. I still have plenty of time to figure this out.

    A year wasn't a long time, not with as much work as she assumed she was going to have, not only with helping Inanna with all of these loose threads, but also with helping her race get back on its feet. There was so much and she could not afford for anything to get lost in the shuffle. Especially not this.

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Seems our course has been determined, then," Ochazuke replied. "We'll have some time to recover on our retreival of Maiz, but if you are to leave to see to Koorimaru right this instant, be sure you've recuperated first."
    "I don't plan on fighting. Not if I can help it." Just saying the words felt like she was trying to swallow cinnamon.

    "Even still, I'm recuperated enough to not completely collapse should a battle be unavoidable."

  3. #3408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Inanna had the right of it. This was their only chance and they only had a short window to do it. Any objections would have to be shelved for a later date.

    "Let's get to it." She gave one final nod to Ochazuke, then passed over through the portal to Khoolis.

    As soon as she crossed over, Observational Focus was active. If there was a trap waiting, she would be ready.

  4. #3409
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Khoolis is a nightmare.

    Barely breathable air, incredible howling winter winds, and poor visibility is what first greets those that travel there via the portal.

    The ground beneath them is ice and snow everywhere, and Parsley immediately sinks in about a foot. Stinging cold engulfs her feet and her Observational Focus picks up nothing but howling winds and cold all around her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #3410
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Khoolis is a nightmare.

    Barely breathable air, incredible howling winter winds, and poor visibility is what first greets those that travel there via the portal.

    The ground beneath them is ice and snow everywhere, and Parsley immediately sinks in about a foot. Stinging cold engulfs her feet and her Observational Focus picks up nothing but howling winds and cold all around her.
    Inanna cackles, as the ice beneath her feet cracks and buckles. "All the allure of a freezer, why am I not surprised~"

    The woman does, after her momentary pause to take it all in, check on the welfare of the others; before focusing on finding Koorimaru and her 'quarry'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  6. #3411
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Khoolis is a nightmare.

    Barely breathable air, incredible howling winter winds, and poor visibility is what first greets those that travel there via the portal.

    The ground beneath them is ice and snow everywhere, and Parsley immediately sinks in about a foot. Stinging cold engulfs her feet and her Observational Focus picks up nothing but howling winds and cold all around her.
    Howling, whipping winds and and icy cold ground that gave way with even the slightest weight. Naturally, Frost Demons would choose this hellish piece of garbage planet as a colony. To make matters worse, the air was barely breathable.

    Parsley closed her eyes to shut the snow out and allowed her senses to take over. Only, her senses picked up the same thing her eyes did: snow and wind coming in every direction.

    She floated upward to escape the snowy ground. Her eyes opened, letting her get a better grasp of their new surroundings.

    If I was someone who couldn't move and was vulnerable, I would be somewhere either very secluded, or with high security. I can't see a damn thing in this storm, so we'll have to start moving.

    She sighed mentally and started to inch forward. The ground was treacherous, so she flew instead. The snowstorm, to their benefit, gave them some cover from prying eyes.

    It also made it impossible to see.

    She spread her sense out to find the largest power. That, without doubt, would be Koorimaru.

  7. #3412
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Howling, whipping winds and and icy cold ground that gave way with even the slightest weight. Naturally, Frost Demons would choose this hellish piece of garbage planet as a colony. To make matters worse, the air was barely breathable.

    Parsley closed her eyes to shut the snow out and allowed her senses to take over. Only, her senses picked up the same thing her eyes did: snow and wind coming in every direction.

    She floated upward to escape the snowy ground. Her eyes opened, letting her get a better grasp of their new surroundings.

    If I was someone who couldn't move and was vulnerable, I would be somewhere either very secluded, or with high security. I can't see a damn thing in this storm, so we'll have to start moving.

    She sighed mentally and started to inch forward. The ground was treacherous, so she flew instead. The snowstorm, to their benefit, gave them some cover from prying eyes.

    It also made it impossible to see.

    She spread her sense out to find the largest power. That, without doubt, would be Koorimaru.
    Snow seems to wrap around her legs and arms, dragging her back down as if seeking out the warmth of her aura.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #3413
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna cackles, as the ice beneath her feet cracks and buckles. "All the allure of a freezer, why am I not surprised~"

    The woman does, after her momentary pause to take it all in, check on the welfare of the others; before focusing on finding Koorimaru and her 'quarry'.
    Snow seems to be dragging Parsley back down to the snow.

    You do not sense anyone nearby.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #3414
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Snow seems to wrap around her legs and arms, dragging her back down as if seeking out the warmth of her aura.
    Parsley already despised the weather of this world. It seemed that the weather hated her in return. She grunted and cursed under her breath the moment she realized the snowy ground was attempting to pull her back into its icy embrace.

    "Utter nonsense," she said with a nasal sigh. She powered down and shut off her aura, allowing herself to sink back into the ground. Inanna seemed to be having no trouble, so she assumed that was the reason.

    "There doesn't seem to be anyone nearby," she said. "Our only options, I believe, are to either start walking until we do meet someone, or draw them to us."

  10. #3415
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Snow seems to be dragging Parsley back down to the snow.

    You do not sense anyone nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley already despised the weather of this world. It seemed that the weather hated her in return. She grunted and cursed under her breath the moment she realized the snowy ground was attempting to pull her back into its icy embrace.

    "Utter nonsense," she said with a nasal sigh. She powered down and shut off her aura, allowing herself to sink back into the ground. Inanna seemed to be having no trouble, so she assumed that was the reason.

    "There doesn't seem to be anyone nearby," she said. "Our only options, I believe, are to either start walking until we do meet someone, or draw them to us."
    "Well, I doubt you'll survive long simply walking." Inanna noted, dryly. "Without your aura to combat the cold this world will be the death of you."

    With no leads and nothing to sense, it did limit options severely.

    "We may have to draw him out..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #3416
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Well, I doubt you'll survive long simply walking." Inanna noted, dryly. "Without your aura to combat the cold this world will be the death of you."

    With no leads and nothing to sense, it did limit options severely.

    "We may have to draw him out..."
    She sighed and powered up to Super Saiyan. "I don't know if Arcosians can sense energy. Last I heard, they can't, but who knows if that's changed.

    It likely hadn't. They abhorred training, preferring to rely on their natural strength. Unfortunately, most were too weak to be of any consequence and ultimately allowed their arrogance to rob them of real power.

    "Perhaps a flare is in order." She fired a generic energy blast into the air, where it detonated harmlessly. The light and sound should have drawn whoever was left on this barren world.

  12. #3417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Inanna had the right of it. This was their only chance and they only had a short window to do it. Any objections would have to be shelved for a later date.

    "Let's get to it." She gave one final nod to Ochazuke, then passed over through the portal to Khoolis.

    As soon as she crossed over, Observational Focus was active. If there was a trap waiting, she would be ready.
    Assuredly, they would see it done, and so would he.

    The only leads they had on the expedition to Cortis II, however, was the word of Koorimaru and the way there. Inspecting Nail's Artifact, Ochazuke found himself going through motions that had become, unfortunately, rather routine for him beneath alien skies. Up, and far away, he thought as he gazed upwards, away from the setting sun of Reshlan.

    Crossing over near where they had landed, Ochazuke eyed the two vessels of a make used to get to the Threshling homeworld; The Nevadian Navigator, and a Ship of the First Race.

    He could pilot neither of these, and the clock was ticking.

    "Cheh."

    Perhaps one of the more galactically cultured of their group could.

  13. #3418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Assuredly, they would see it done, and so would he.

    The only leads they had on the expedition to Cortis II, however, was the word of Koorimaru and the way there. Inspecting Nail's Artifact, Ochazuke found himself going through motions that had become, unfortunately, rather routine for him beneath alien skies. Up, and far away, he thought as he gazed upwards, away from the setting sun of Reshlan.

    Crossing over near where they had landed, Ochazuke eyed the two vessels of a make used to get to the Threshling homeworld; The Nevadian Navigator, and a Ship of the First Race.

    He could pilot neither of these, and the clock was ticking.

    "Cheh."

    Perhaps one of the more galactically cultured of their group could.
    Voyavoda stepped up beside Ochazuke, examining the two ships.

    Both had been used to transport the group and their allies to Reshlan, and one of them he recognized as being of Nevadian make--and a rather cutting-edge example of such, to boot--but the other was quite alien. He was curious, of course, but they had little time to waste, and he sensed some... impatience in his compatriot.

    "Well then, let's depart, shall we?" he said, approaching the Nevadian Navigator. "Shouldn't take us long to get to Cortis II with this..."

    Entering the ship, he made his way to the bridge, sat himself down, and began working to get the ship up and running.

    Engine Diagnostics... all clear.
    Hull integrity... all clear.
    Fuel... all clear
    Navigational computer & star map... updated.
    Alcohol Dispenser... operational.

    Everything seemed to be in order, so all that was left was to wait for the others to board, then head out. The ship hummed as Voyavoda waited.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  14. #3419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Voyavoda stepped up beside Ochazuke, examining the two ships.

    Both had been used to transport the group and their allies to Reshlan, and one of them he recognized as being of Nevadian make--and a rather cutting-edge example of such, to boot--but the other was quite alien. He was curious, of course, but they had little time to waste, and he sensed some... impatience in his compatriot.

    "Well then, let's depart, shall we?" he said, approaching the Nevadian Navigator. "Shouldn't take us long to get to Cortis II with this..."

    Entering the ship, he made his way to the bridge, sat himself down, and began working to get the ship up and running.

    Engine Diagnostics... all clear.
    Hull integrity... all clear.
    Fuel... all clear
    Navigational computer & star map... updated.
    Alcohol Dispenser... operational.

    Everything seemed to be in order, so all that was left was to wait for the others to board, then head out. The ship hummed as Voyavoda waited.
    Just as he said he would, Voyavoda took the lead in the Nevadian ship. It was a different vessel from the one Ochazuke had arrived in with Captain Ulysses, but there was on the bridge a sight he'd gotten quite familiar with.

    Albeit, with time, there was the small comfort of new company.

    Still, he was no helmsman, and remained a man of Earth plucked offworld. All he could do was point the way.

    "Koorimaru had named the planet as if he'd taken it for granted as a neutral territory," he said, "I don't suppose the world is known to you?"

  15. #3420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Just as he said he would, Voyavoda took the lead in the Nevadian ship. It was a different vessel from the one Ochazuke had arrived in with Captain Ulysses, but there was on the bridge a sight he'd gotten quite familiar with.

    Albeit, with time, there was the small comfort of new company.

    Still, he was no helmsman, and remained a man of Earth plucked offworld. All he could do was point the way.

    "Koorimaru had named the planet as if he'd taken it for granted as a neutral territory," he said, "I don't suppose the world is known to you?"
    "I do," answered Voyavoda. Yes, he knew it quite well...

    "In modern times, it's an obscure place, forgotten by the wider universe. However, in Vocado's time, it was, believe it or not, a Nevadian colony... or perhaps vassal state would be a more accurate term. Its overseer was... not an upstanding fellow and used various species as slaves--most notably, Saiyans. This affront eventually attracted the attention of none other than Vocado himself, and he made war upon Cortis II, in order to free his fellows."

    The man paused for a moment. "His intentions were pure, but he was... young, impetuous, and this act ultimately resulted in a war between the Saiyans and Nevadian Empire. Back then, you see, my people were not the mercantile, ostensibly democracy-loving people we are today."

    Another pause to check a few diagnostics now that the engine had been running for a fair bit. All clear. "It was a short war, and... not particularly brutal. The Emperor of Nevada rode out to meet Vocado, and they did battle. Ultimately, they came to understand one another, to an extent, and things ended quite well."

    He chuckled, as if remembering a long-ago memory. "Even Nevadians can have the wool pulled over their eyes, and it turns out that the overseer of Cortis II had, under the cover of obscurity, been doing all those terrible things without the Emperor's knowledge. Vocado had sent missives to the Emperor, but they had been intercepted by the overseer's servants... when this came to light during the battle, the two... continued fighting, as the battle was quite enjoyable."

    "After the battle's conclusion, the two became fast friends and, in fact, forged an alliance between their two peoples. One of the emperor's daughters, Shyst, became Vocado's lifemate, sealing the alliance. Cortis II was mostly de-colonized and declared a neutral ground where diplomacy and cultural understanding could take place... though as I said, it and what it represented, at one time, have all but been forgotten. A shame..."

    "Regardless, having been there a number of times, I could fly us there in my sleep."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-24-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •