Page 237 of 371 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Parsley, your awareness picks up that the Namekian is a bit stronger than you, the blue skinned man is way stronger than even that, and a crap ton of Hakai and Temporal and Creational energy is swirling in the room.

Inanna, your shout causes almost a comical turn of Stine’s head, the Angel having only a moment to process what’s happening before your blow lands.

The blow is powerful, and it does turn his head and fling him backwards off Sihn. But to you it was like hitting a solid wall, your fist throbs in pain.

Sihn gasps, angry bruises on his throat, as he rolls to his side, aims, and fires two shots. The searing white bullets take Stine in the chest and actually seems to effect the Angel. One of the bullets pins Stine’s left arm to the wall, another seems to burn into his gut.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The blow is powerful, and it does turn his head and fling him backwards off Sihn. But to you it was like hitting a solid wall, your fist throbs in pain.

Sihn gasps, angry bruises on his throat, as he rolls to his side, aims, and fires two shots. The searing white bullets take Stine in the chest and actually seems to effect the Angel. One of the bullets pins Stine’s left arm to the wall, another seems to burn into his gut.
    Inanna grit her teeth.

Still out of her depth. How pitiful. But with Sihn's revolver pinning the Angel it did offer her some leverage. The Runeforge'd arm was brought to bear, and a lance of Ruination energy was fired at the Angel's wounded arm, as the woman attempted to sever the limb.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley, your awareness picks up that the Namekian is a bit stronger than you, the blue skinned man is way stronger than even that, and a crap ton of Hakai and Temporal and Creational energy is swirling in the room.

Inanna, your shout causes almost a comical turn of Stine’s head, the Angel having only a moment to process what’s happening before your blow lands.

Hakai.

Creational.

Temporal.

Three energies swirled through the air like combative winds from different ends of the planet, attracting Parsley's attention immediately. That meant one of a few things. These men were gods, or were in possession of god energy. The Namekian in particular, Hakai poured off of him like steam.

A Namekian... God of Destruction...

"Hammer."

She recalled hearing his name during her first visit in Universe 18. He was nothing more than a decrepit corpse at that point, long slain by Shek'hinah at some point during Asha'rah's foolish war. Auroc's book had him as having died three separate times. "Hmph. What a joke."

She decided then and there - as Inanna decided to hurl herself at the immensely powerful Blue Man - to try her hand with the fallen GoD. Her ax appeared in her hand. Energy as white as ivory flowed from her hand, down the handle and spread throughout the ax's head. She raised it over her head and...

Mirror's Edge

Brought it down as hard as she could the moment she swapped places with Ms. Landinghorn. "Hello, Hammer. Fancy meeting such a highly esteemed being like yourself in the Home for Infinite Losers."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Yet another indication of the failing of this Guardian System," Blizzar couldn't help but scoff. "Useful as it has proven in many an instance, their nature has proven a liability, time and time again."

"But you do have to respect his dedication to the craft," the lieutenant quipped.
    "A Guardian cannot be measured in power alone," Ochazuke reminded Blizzar, "and yet, it is strange. The powers that be, Creator and Destroyer alike, seem to gauge the worth of their existence of that small thing imparted to them, and nothing more."

That little Spark of Creation bequeathed to the planetary overseers throughout the generations. For so seemingly little, worlds were razed, and even antiquated Angels stirred to possess it.

"It is true the can hardly be called a god, or any true deity. Fragmented as they are, separated across a span of entire star-systems, their reach remains the closest to the sphere of Mortals."

His concealed hand curled it slowly into a fist.

"Orbiting so many stars and countless worlds...suppose they had all been united. Or rather, consolidated?"

“Some sort of hog-wash about using specific energies from specific people to unlock his cage inside the amulet. Beyond that he, she, it wasn’t exactly forthcoming.”

Koorimaru’s eyes narrow behind the mask.

“Masks adds anonymity to me. At this point I’d rather stay off center stage for now.”
    Ochazuke's eyes locked with Koorimaru's hardened gaze, unblinking.

And as he parsed the meaning from his ambiguous words, he thought back to the last words that echoed off the satellite issued from Khoolis....

“We’ll see, kinsman. We’ll see.”

The mocking tone is easy enough to discern from behind the mask.
    “We’ll see, kinsman. We’ll see.”

The mocking tone is easy enough to discern from behind the mask.
    “But not without profiting yourself first, like a proper Frost Demon. We both know the GP will kick you out eventually. I wonder what you’ll do then without them to hide your actions? A shame if certain...videos got leaked to them, hmm?”
    ...and when the GP Officer's interrogation only yielded information in the form of threats, the martial artist merely shook his head once.

Anonymity? Centre Stage?

"I came here because you claimed you needed help," he interjected. "But now that you've removed yourself as a player from the board by choice, you'll find I have little patience for your soft, veiled barbs."

Carrying Maiz with him, he turned and started walking down the footpath that led to this meeting place.

"Cheh. Useless. We're wasting our time, he's already met his goal," Ochazuke said to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "A Guardian cannot be measured in power alone," Ochazuke reminded Blizzar, "and yet, it is strange. The powers that be, Creator and Destroyer alike, seem to gauge the worth of their existence of that small thing imparted to them, and nothing more."

That little Spark of Creation bequeathed to the planetary overseers throughout the generations. For so seemingly little, worlds were razed, and even antiquated Angels stirred to possess it.

"It is true the can hardly be called a god, or any true deity. Fragmented as they are, separated across a span of entire star-systems, their reach remains the closest to the sphere of Mortals."

His concealed hand curled it slowly into a fist.

"Orbiting so many stars and countless worlds...suppose they had all been united. Or rather, consolidated?"

Ochazuke's eyes locked with Koorimaru's hardened gaze, unblinking.

And as he parsed the meaning from his ambiguous words, he thought back to the last words that echoed off the satellite issued from Khoolis....

...and when the GP Officer's interrogation only yielded information in the form of threats, the martial artist merely shook his head once.

Anonymity? Centre Stage?

"I came here because you claimed you needed help," he interjected. "But now that you've removed yourself as a player from the board by choice, you'll find I have little patience for your soft, veiled barbs."

Carrying Maiz with him, he turned and started walking down the footpath that led to this meeting place.

"Cheh. Useless. We're wasting our time, he's already met his goal," Ochazuke said to the others.
    “I did need help, but my rather untimely death gave me a ‘get out of jail’ free card, so to speak. That doesn’t mean we can’t work together, Ochazuke. I still require aid, just of a different sort: mainly your silence on my fate. No one but those here can know I survived. In exchange......I’ll offer you something in return.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna grit her teeth.

Still out of her depth. How pitiful. But with Sihn's revolver pinning the Angel it did offer her some leverage. The Runeforge'd arm was brought to bear, and a lance of Ruination energy was fired at the Angel's wounded arm, as the woman attempted to sever the limb.
    Ruination latches into the wounded arm, and after a moment, Inanna sees it eat into and eventually sever the arm.

Stine roars, then gestures and his staff appears in his other hand. Time starts to wind backwards when Caliban pops up and kicks the Angel between the legs.

Hard.

A mighty ‘oomph’ is heard and the staff falls from his hand. Stine staggers, looks down and his eyes widen as Caliban delivers an uppercut that knicks the Angel into his back, dazed and in a lot of pain.

Sihn staggers up and fires again, this time the bullet turning into Creational chains and wrapping around the wounded Angel dozens of times, burning him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hakai.

Creational.

Temporal.

Three energies swirled through the air like combative winds from different ends of the planet, attracting Parsley's attention immediately. That meant one of a few things. These men were gods, or were in possession of god energy. The Namekian in particular, Hakai poured off of him like steam.

A Namekian... God of Destruction...

"Hammer."

She recalled hearing his name during her first visit in Universe 18. He was nothing more than a decrepit corpse at that point, long slain by Shek'hinah at some point during Asha'rah's foolish war. Auroc's book had him as having died three separate times. "Hmph. What a joke."

She decided then and there - as Inanna decided to hurl herself at the immensely powerful Blue Man - to try her hand with the fallen GoD. Her ax appeared in her hand. Energy as white as ivory flowed from her hand, down the handle and spread throughout the ax's head. She raised it over her head and...

Mirror's Edge

Brought it down as hard as she could the moment she swapped places with Ms. Landinghorn. "Hello, Hammer. Fancy meeting such a highly esteemed being like yourself in the Home for Infinite Losers."
    The ax is caught at the very last second, Hammer’s eyes widening at the switch. They narrow and glow with energy, eye beams lancing out towards Parsley’s face.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I did need help, but my rather untimely death gave me a ‘get out of jail’ free card, so to speak. That doesn’t mean we can’t work together, Ochazuke. I still require aid, just of a different sort: mainly your silence on my fate. No one but those here can know I survived. In exchange......I’ll offer you something in return.”
    Ochazuke continued walking away on the wild road back to their ship at the bottom of the hill. If his pace had indeed ever slowed, it was because of the decline - but for the courtesy of the Saiyans' Guardian - and little else.

Least of all the Arcosian's currently lacking power of persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke continued walking away on the wild road back to their ship at the bottom of the hill. If his pace had indeed ever slowed, it was because of the decline - but for the courtesy of the Saiyans' Guardian - and little else.

Least of all the Arcosian's currently lacking power of persuasion.
    Dash, who had followed along but remained silent, follows Ochazuke. Even she knew not to trust the Frost Demon and his honeyed words.

Korrimaru calls out one last time, half mocking tone behind the mask.

“Then be it on your head, Ochazuke. I did try to warn you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Dash, who had followed along but remained silent, follows Ochazuke. Even she knew not to trust the Frost Demon and his honeyed words.

Korrimaru calls out one last time, half mocking tone behind the mask.

“Then be it on your head, Ochazuke. I did try to warn you.”
    Blizzar hadn't begun to leave just yet. Instead he glanced from Ochazuke to Koorimaru, asking the latter, "Out of curiosity, what was your offer going to be?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar hadn't begun to leave just yet. Instead he glanced from Ochazuke to Koorimaru, asking the latter, "Out of curiosity, what was your offer going to be?"
    The masked face turns to him.

“My privacy. No one, not Inanna or the Saiyans can know I survived, or anyone else. In exchange.......the location of Sakin and a way to defeat him.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke, as you leave with Maiz, a....niggling sensation worms in the back of your mind.

Koorimaru’s energy had always been easy to spot and sense. He had indeed sensed it and scanned it as you landed and approached. However, upon reflection, the mask had been completely blind to your senses. It has t registered as anything. It had, in fact, hidden that part of Koorimaru from your senses.

But why leave the entire body exposed to senses but hide the face?

That thought troubles you and you leave with Maiz.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ruination latches into the wounded arm, and after a moment, Inanna sees it eat into and eventually sever the arm.

Stine roars, then gestures and his staff appears in his other hand. Time starts to wind backwards when Caliban pops up and kicks the Angel between the legs.

Hard.

A mighty ‘oomph’ is heard and the staff falls from his hand. Stine staggers, looks down and his eyes widen as Caliban delivers an uppercut that knicks the Angel into his back, dazed and in a lot of pain.

Sihn staggers up and fires again, this time the bullet turning into Creational chains and wrapping around the wounded Angel dozens of times, burning him.
    Inanna smirked, as the struggle played out.

Ruination worked wonders. Should have gotten her hands on it ages ago. With Stine down, but for the moment not out, Inanna went for the two things that might've tipped things back into the soon-to-be dead angel.

His staff, and his severed arm.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The masked face turns to him.

“My privacy. No one, not Inanna or the Saiyans can know I survived, or anyone else. In exchange.......the location of Sakin and a way to defeat him.”
    "Better for you that Ochazuke did not take you up on that," Blizzar spoke turning around. "There is a force in this universe with greater pull than a black hole, and that dear kinsman, is a loophole. Every deal contains one. Even one such as you cannot hide from it's pull for very long."

And with that last barb, Blizzar too made his exit.

The ax is caught at the very last second, Hammer’s eyes widening at the switch. They narrow and glow with energy, eye beams lancing out towards Parsley’s face.
    A hand reaches forward and holds a leg of lamb in front of Hamlet's eye beams. "Sasheem made it 'cause he got hungry on the way here," the Majin explained, having used the Spider's Blessing to conceal his presence as he followed Inanna and Parsley into the portal. "So thanks for the BBW, jabroni," the Majin smirked, popping The Bear's Claws laced with Venom Mist with his free hand and jabbed it towards the back of Hammer's neck.