Page 250 of 371 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat calms down after hearing this. Her eyes turn back to normal, and her power level stops fluctuating and reverts to normal" So it was an assassin who did this to Held. Sorry for suspecting you," Praxat said.
    ‘Tis natural. I take no offense.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley feared Inanna was right. There were very few people on Reshlan capable of killing Held, or willing to for that matter. "I want to confirm before I jump to conclusions." With that, she sniffed the air to catch Held's scent, then made her way over there.

She found Held's motionless corpse being cradled by Hilda, with Praxat nearby. "What happened?" she asked Hilda.
    Hilda explains the black bolt striking him down from on high, and her act to preserve the body so that once the poison is removed, he’ll be able to Jump Start his body back theoretically.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

'Yes, we will. I'll boil a pot of tea and we can have a nice chat about things. Maybe I can get some pointers from a veteran Guardian.'
    ‘I would like that very much. I......’

The telepathic connection is severed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hilda explains the black bolt striking him down from on high, and her act to preserve the body so that once the poison is removed, he’ll be able to Jump Start his body back theoretically.
    "On high," Parsley repeated absently. The more she thought about it, the more she feared that Inanna was right. The Judge, and the Ulthan as a whole, had started hunting them down. Why, she had no idea. However, it seemed they didn't fear reprisal, either from them or Nevada.

Parsley's eyes cast upward as she transformed and activated Observational Insight to read the residual ki traces and track the shot that struck Held down, as she did with Koorimaru on Khoolis. "I'm going to get a look at his killer. If it's who I think it is, we're in trouble."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘I would like that very much. I......’

The telepathic connection is severed.
    Maiz waited a moment for Eva to finish, only to flinch when the telepathic connection between them was severed suddenly. 'Eva? Eva, are you okay?'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘Tis natural. I take no offense.”
    " None taken. Before this happen to Held, he was helping me with ascending, to awaken to a new power. The last thing he said to me before this happen, Was focusing on generating enough trauma to help me ascend," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

On Reshlan, to those with acute energy senses, a single flare of warning is all you get as a bolt of black energy comes down from on high and and strikes with pinpoint accuracy.

Held Dabon, Nevadian Warrior and navigator is struck through the heart from behind, a cowardly act. The black energy courses through him, negating his jump start and healing like a poison. His body spasms, but before the body goes completely dead, Hilda appears and slams a bead of Preservation into his heart, his body acting quickly to stabilize.

He is neither dead or living, his body persevered but his soul gone onto the afterlife. She carefully cradles his body and pats his head, closing the open eyes and whispering.

“Do not fear, my love. You’ll be back soon, and stronger than ever.”

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It came so swiftly that by the time what happened had registered, they found themselves dumbstruck until Zaofan saw the Nevadian fall.

"H-HELD!"

In an instant the martial chef blurred out of sight, reappearing by his fallen comrade's side and stopped in utter disbelief, and then dead silence as he looked around and saw Ochazuke did not follow.

Using the Wolf's Prowl to amplify his speed, Ochazuke had scanned the horizon once, then pressed off as he pursued the angle of the shot. The black energy registered only for an instant, but tracing its trajectory with his Meditation Field, the residuals resolved a strange path that seemed to angle upward...and perhaps recklessly he flew higher than any Crane or Man was meant to as he chased its path into the atmosphere, locking into the signature and reaching after its energies in a dogged pursuit.
    Blizzar alighted near the scene of the cosmic crime, hands behind his back and red eyes narrowed at the not-quite-corpse of his old rival. This hadn't been how he would've expected the Nevadian privateer to fall. There was no cutthroat demanding reparations for a botched job, no seedy bar, no unpaid debt he owed to an undisclosed Arcosian. ...Actually, no. Despite his mercurial pursuits, Held was also a warrior. Similar to that of a Saiyan, Held deserved to have died in battle, face to face with a worthy opponent instead of being attacked from the shadows. Even a bastard like Blizzar could understand that. "Held, my friend. Your life was gambled and you weren't even in on the bet."

His senses track far into the atmosphere, far away passed Reshlan’s orbit and out into the wide expanse of space. Far and further still, until even his senses strain.

The single bolt left a slight rippling trail, however, and his senses go deep and track it going for light years away. A stray comet was its origin. Two shots fired, one at Held, another.....Namek.

Hilda, meanwhile, concentrates on Held’s body.

“He is only technically dead. The shot housed some sort of poison in it to stop his Jump Start. I can remove it after careful study. My preservation bead will keep his body in stasis. When the time comes, I believe he’ll be able to come back. However, for the moment the vessel is empty, the soul departed to Otherworld.”
    "Do not worry, we will put an end to the one who did this," the Arcosian lieutenant assured Hilda. "It's good to know he will rise once again, but erm," Blizzar coughed. "I suppose we won't have to check his will or anything...for legal reasons?"

Hilda, meanwhile, concentrates on Held’s body.

“He is only technically dead. The shot housed some sort of poison in it to stop his Jump Start. I can remove it after careful study. My preservation bead will keep his body in stasis. When the time comes, I believe he’ll be able to come back. However, for the moment the vessel is empty, the soul departed to Otherworld.”
    Zaofan's view darted over the body of his seemingly departed friend, then over to the sky at daybreak, uncertain just where to focus his attentions now that they knew there was an enemy out there, watching, waiting.

If Held wasn't able to see it coming, did that mean they were still in danger? I can't sense any presence anywhere.

So how did this happen? Why were you targeted, Held?

There were no answers...but his wife - she was is wife, right? - was acting rather clinical about this.

"Are you sure," he asked, "just how do you know that for certain?"

His senses track far into the atmosphere, far away passed Reshlan’s orbit and out into the wide expanse of space. Far and further still, until even his senses strain.

The single bolt left a slight rippling trail, however, and his senses go deep and track it going for light years away. A stray comet was its origin. Two shots fired, one at Held, another.....Namek.
    Climbing higher into the sky, Ochazuke felt his breath fog before him, and as he exhaled the vapours stilled and froze over his face.

But that didn't matter to him, not right now. All he felt at this moment was his escalating pulse, and in the thinning air it set the rhythm for him to focus on the fleeting visions as they came; A streak of light; A distant green world.

A faint ripple was enough to ascertain what had happened was real. But this was not enough. As far as he had known, Held Debon had died today, and having just returned from the sight of one ancient enemy, the Nevadian had fallen at the hand of another hidden foe conspiring in the darkness.

How many more must be felled? Can we not have even a single moment's peace?!

Only a day ago, they'd avenged themselves against Auroc's terror. It was a scheme that would have never succeeded without Held's help. Just like then, there was only a faint path, but they knew the enemy, he was out there. There was a palpable connection outside of the cold fury that filled his very being, half a year searching through uncharted space.

Do you think your design will go unpposed? That you can remain hidden?

He felt the very same right now, as if there were some hidden road out there. It seemed impossibly, but it was the Nevadian, after all, who had helped him to rebuild the life he had once thought lost.

Speeding into the stratosphere, only a thin curtain of planetary ozone separated Ochazuke from the stars. Gripped in his right hand, the legacy artifact, the Black Sphere that had served as his wayfinder.

I'll find you...If I have to search the entirety of the universe...!

In his left hand, ebbing green, the lifeblood of fallen Guardians, a portion of the Doctor's accumulated Creation Energy.

Another universe, another Namekian Elder, had imparted his lifeblood into this master craft.

Perhaps it was foolhardy, but the cascade of terrors visited upon them in such rapid succession had made him increasingly desperate.

Using both in tandem, Ochazuke threw himself into this effort, a bid to grant him, if only for a moment, a vastly expanded consciousness that pressed into a realm of perhaps what could be minutely understood as the divine.

If a Creator's design would be so marked between the stars themselves, perhaps he would find that elusive presence...

Sarada, Totoma, and Lantro, you three are just quick enough to perceive a bolt of green energy lancing down from the sky at the Lookout, followed by a wider orange one.

The green one strikes Eva, and a thunderous roar follows as the orange one impacts the Lookout and a massive explosion engulfs everyone as the main courtyard of the Lookout is destroyed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Zaofan's view darted over the body of his seemingly departed friend, then over to the sky at daybreak, uncertain just where to focus his attentions now that they knew there was an enemy out there, watching, waiting.

If Held wasn't able to see it coming, did that mean they were still in danger? I can't sense any presence anywhere.

So how did this happen? Why were you targeted, Held?

There were no answers...but his wife - she was is wife, right? - was acting rather clinical about this.

"Are you sure," he asked, "just how do you know that for certain?"

Climbing higher into the sky, Ochazuke felt his breath fog before him, and as he exhaled the vapours stilled and froze over his face.

But that didn't matter to him, not right now. All he felt at this moment was his escalating pulse, and in the thinning air it set the rhythm for him to focus on the fleeting visions as they came; A streak of light; A distant green world.

A faint ripple was enough to ascertain what had happened was real. But this was not enough. As far as he had known, Held Debon had died today, and having just returned from the sight of one ancient enemy, the Nevadian had fallen at the hand of another hidden foe conspiring in the darkness.

How many more must be felled? Can we not have even a single moment's peace?!

Only a day ago, they'd avenged themselves against Auroc's terror. It was a scheme that would have never succeeded without Held's help. Just like then, there was only a faint path, but they knew the enemy, he was out there. There was a palpable connection outside of the cold fury that filled his very being, half a year searching through uncharted space.

Do you think your design will go unpposed? That you can remain hidden?

He felt the very same right now, as if there were some hidden road out there. It seemed impossibly, but it was the Nevadian, after all, who had helped him to rebuild the life he had once thought lost.

Speeding into the stratosphere, only a thin curtain of planetary ozone separated Ochazuke from the stars. Gripped in his right hand, the legacy artifact, the Black Sphere that had served as his wayfinder.

I'll find you...If I have to search the entirety of the universe...!

In his left hand, ebbing green, the lifeblood of fallen Guardians, a portion of the Doctor's accumulated Creation Energy.

Another universe, another Namekian Elder, had imparted his lifeblood into this master craft.

Perhaps it was foolhardy, but the cascade of terrors visited upon them in such rapid succession had made him increasingly desperate.

Using both in tandem, Ochazuke threw himself into this effort, a bid to grant him, if only for a moment, a vastly expanded consciousness that pressed into a realm of perhaps what could be minutely understood as the divine.

If a Creator's design would be so marked between the stars themselves, perhaps he would find that elusive presence...
    Hilda keeps assessing Held.

“It is logical. The body is alive, the soul I can sense is departed. If his Jump Start activate safely, he will return.”

Her eyes glow silver.

“The energy beam that struck him down was laced with odd nano-machines. I can sense them. It will take a while to remove them safely so he can return.”

——————

Ochazuke, your senses explode outward. Further and further, your mind and senses expand as light years pass and time has no meaning. Distance warps, planets wiz past, and something fundamental changes in Ochazuke as he, for one moment, senses the infinite expanse of time and space and beholds creation.

Your focus lurches and narrows to a strange planet, filled with a perpetual twilight forest it seems. Outside a series of buildings, one a forge, Ochazuke sees three individuals. A small in stature man wielding a forge hammer, crafting away as another, a large Lupine creature, speaks to a mechanical man with a large gun.

Another figure, one that looks startling like Ishtar, walks out of one of the buildings and joins the others.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Maiz waited a moment for Eva to finish, only to flinch when the telepathic connection between them was severed suddenly. 'Eva? Eva, are you okay?'
    Only a silence greets her call.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"On high," Parsley repeated absently. The more she thought about it, the more she feared that Inanna was right. The Judge, and the Ulthan as a whole, had started hunting them down. Why, she had no idea. However, it seemed they didn't fear reprisal, either from them or Nevada.

Parsley's eyes cast upward as she transformed and activated Observational Insight to read the residual ki traces and track the shot that struck Held down, as she did with Koorimaru on Khoolis. "I'm going to get a look at his killer. If it's who I think it is, we're in trouble."
    Much like last time, your vision tracks back and sees the same figure, this time on a moving comet, firing twice before vanishing into a portal.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar alighted near the scene of the cosmic crime, hands behind his back and red eyes narrowed at the not-quite-corpse of his old rival. This hadn't been how he would've expected the Nevadian privateer to fall. There was no cutthroat demanding reparations for a botched job, no seedy bar, no unpaid debt he owed to an undisclosed Arcosian. ...Actually, no. Despite his mercurial pursuits, Held was also a warrior. Similar to that of a Saiyan, Held deserved to have died in battle, face to face with a worthy opponent instead of being attacked from the shadows. Even a bastard like Blizzar could understand that. "Held, my friend. Your life was gambled and you weren't even in on the bet."

"Do not worry, we will put an end to the one who did this," the Arcosian lieutenant assured Hilda. "It's good to know he will rise once again, but erm," Blizzar coughed. "I suppose we won't have to check his will or anything...for legal reasons?"
    She turns her black eyes up and looks at him, saying nothing but letting her eerie presence fill the air.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She turns her black eyes up and looks at him, saying nothing but letting her eerie presence fill the air.
    A sweat drop falls down Blizzar's head. "Er yes, I see your point. I suppose I can leave this particular discussion for a less pressing time," he coughed again. "At any rate, I believe Ochazuke has gone to locate the culprit. I'll go and see if he needs any further assistance," the Arcosian stated, taking off towards the stars.

Much like last time, your vision tracks back and sees the same figure, this time on a moving comet, firing twice before vanishing into a portal.
    Once again, her vision carried her gaze upward and outwards, past Reshlan's atmosphere, past the nearest stars and planets, into the empty recesses of space. A moving comet, a being attached to that comet, bringing a hi-tech rifle to bear and firing two shots. One shot followed the exact same trail she followed until she pierced Admiral Held Debron's heart. The other veered off to parts unknown. The man, The Judge, vanished within a portal shortly after making his two shots.

"The Judge," she spat. She turned to Inanna. "You were right. It was the Judge. He made another shot right after the one that killed Held. I don't know where that one went, but whoever his target was is surely dead by now." That meant it wasn't any of them. That was good, but at the same time, it made her uncomfortable.

What reason did they have to kill Held, other than eliminating an ally of Inanna's? Other than killing Genesis and Inanna, what other purpose did Banespell have? Why risk drawing the ire of the Nevadian Federation?

Questions abounded, and they had very little in the way of answers.

"We have a problem," Maiz said suddenly. "I was in the middle of communicating with Eva on Earth when the connection cut off suddenly. I tried to contact her again, but didn't get an answer."

Parsley's breath caught in her throat. "This isn't good. We need to get back to Earth right away." She looked skyward and could just barely see Ochazuke's outline. She knew he was looking for them, these Ulthan. If he found them, that changed everything. They could nip that problem in the bud with a singe decisive strike.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!