Page 252 of 371 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Only a faint trace of energy leading from the sky and out into space.

Far out into space, beyond his ability to sense.

The bastard was gone. Whoever it was had just attacked and ran, not even giving them a chance to retaliate. That was smart, but... damn it, damn it, DAMN IT, this was frustrating beyond almost anything. Blood dripped from his balled fist, his barely restrained aggression turning inward.

Growling, he walked over to Sarada. "You look terrible. Seems that jackass, whoever they were, got away. Too far for me to sense." Not that he had the best sensing abilities, especially compared to, say, Mr Ochazuke, but...

His gaze turned to where Eva had been, his furious expression softening to one of profound sorrow. A resigned sigh escaped his lips. "...damn it, could this day get any worse? Damn it... damn... DAMN IT ALL TO HELL." His aura flared and his hand shot forth in rage, a torrent of energy tearing through the sky and uselessly into space.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "None of the why's and how's matter right now. I need you to focus." Inanna said.

"I know who did it, a friend of your new Patron; and I mean to do something about it... but I'm stronger than I am precise. I need you to help shape something for me. Can you?" Inanna paused.

"Majin, get your ass over here before I bust out the knife."
    "Sasheem's right next to ya, jabroni!" the Majin added through gritted teeth, elbowing Inanna in her jaw irritatingly. "And ain't it about time ya got rid of that damn knife already?!" he sneered.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

The bastard was gone. Whoever it was had just attacked and ran, not even giving them a chance to retaliate. That was smart, but... damn it, damn it, DAMN IT, this was frustrating beyond almost anything. Blood dripped from his balled fist, his barely restrained aggression turning inward.

Growling, he walked over to Sarada. "You look terrible. Seems that jackass, whoever they were, got away. Too far for me to sense." Not that he had the best sensing abilities, especially compared to, say, Mr Ochazuke, but...

His gaze turned to where Eva had been, his furious expression softening to one of profound sorrow. A resigned sigh escaped his lips. "...damn it, could this day get any worse? Damn it... damn... DAMN IT ALL TO HELL." His aura flared and his hand shot forth in rage, a torrent of energy tearing through the sky and uselessly into space.
    Yes it can, apparently.

Among the rubble Totoma can see now Jack and Nunlil.

Or what remains. A single broken Oni horn and scraps of Jack’s leather duster. It’s easy to presume since no body can be found, that the two had been nearly vaporized. If he recalls, the two has been standing close to Kai when the blast hit. They most likely blocked the blast enough for Kai to survive.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

A familiar voice speaks in all their heads, a bit of a warble in its mental tone. Grieving.

It’s Slak, their old Namekian companion.

Elder Nail is dead. And I sensed Eva’s passing. Someone has targeted people who control dragonballs. Be safe. Namek is on lock down, and any of the dragon clan who can recreate such artifacts are being secreted away.’
    Last page curse.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sasheem's right next to ya, jabroni!" the Majin added through gritted teeth, elbowing Inanna in her jaw irritatingly. "And ain't it about time ya got rid of that damn knife already?!" he sneered.
    "That Fist of yours. The one that chews through reality. How hard is it for you to wind up?" Inanna asked, simply.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"That Fist of yours. The one that chews through reality. How hard is it for you to wind up?" Inanna asked, simply.
    "Shouldn't take too long. Sasheem's just gotta concentrate his ki and pummel away," The Majin answered, scratching his chin before sneering, "Why, wanna volunteer for a demonstration?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"It's too late on Earth, the damage is done. Eva is dead." Inanna paused, to confirm something. "Sarada's badly injured, but alive. She'll be fine for now. Parsley... Go and assist Ochazuke. He's on the hunt, and may well be making a target for himself." Then the woman turned to Maiz. "I need to ask a favor of you in the meantime."

Then she paused, if only to say telepathically to one other person.

"Etrina, I have need of you."
    Judging from the grim expression on her face, Inanna realized in just how much **** they were in. Parsley sighed shakily. The news that Sarada was badly injured shook her to the core, but she was going to be fine. She was too stubborn for her own good at times, but in times when death was the only alternative, a little stubbornness was a blessing from the heavens.

"Fine." She lifted into the air and quickly flew to meet Ochazuke. She transformed, surpassing Super Saiyan and ascending to Super Saiyan 2. A battle was likely on the horizon, but she would need the extra power to fuel her observation skills. They were far inferior to his, but she would do what she could. "Where do you need me?" she asked him.

Maiz stepped forward when beckoned. "I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll do what I can," she said, voice heavy with grief.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Yes it can, apparently.

Or what remains. A single broken Oni horn and scraps of Jack’s leather duster. It’s easy to presume since no body can be found, that the two had been nearly vaporized. If he recalls, the two has been standing close to Kai when the blast hit. They most likely blocked the blast enough for Kai to survive.

In his rage, he had been focused on first himself, then the long-gone assailant. As it subsided, the true extent of their casualties became apparent. Not just Eva, but Jack and Nunlil, too! He hadn't been close to Nunlil, but Jack seemed to like her, and he did trust Jack. Or... had trusted Jack.

Steeling himself, he made his way over to Kai, his odd new form fading as he reverted to his normal, black-haired self. Checking Kai's breathing and pulse, Totoma breathed a sigh of relief--he was alive. Injured, but alive. Jack and Nunlil must have taken the brunt of the blast to protect him.

"Kai. Kai, can you hear me?"

In his rage, he had been focused on first himself, then the long-gone assailant. As it subsided, the true extent of their casualties became apparent. Not just Eva, but Jack and Nunlil, too! He hadn't been close to Nunlil, but Jack seemed to like her, and he did trust Jack. Or... had trusted Jack.

Steeling himself, he made his way over to Kai, his odd new form fading as he reverted to his normal, black-haired self. Checking Kai's breathing and pulse, Totoma breathed a sigh of relief--he was alive. Injured, but alive. Jack and Nunlil must have taken the brunt of the blast to protect him.

"Kai. Kai, can you hear me?"
    The bleeding seems to slowly be stopping, his natural ability to bend elements pulling from the air to seal the wounds and stop the bleeding.

Faintly, his eyelids flutter open.

“To...to.ma.?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Shouldn't take too long. Sasheem's just gotta concentrate his ki and pummel away," The Majin answered, scratching his chin before sneering, "Why, wanna volunteer for a demonstration?"
    "Yes. I do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Judging from the grim expression on her face, Inanna realized in just how much **** they were in. Parsley sighed shakily. The news that Sarada was badly injured shook her to the core, but she was going to be fine. She was too stubborn for her own good at times, but in times when death was the only alternative, a little stubbornness was a blessing from the heavens.

"Fine." She lifted into the air and quickly flew to meet Ochazuke. She transformed, surpassing Super Saiyan and ascending to Super Saiyan 2. A battle was likely on the horizon, but she would need the extra power to fuel her observation skills. They were far inferior to his, but she would do what she could. "Where do you need me?" she asked him.

Maiz stepped forward when beckoned. "I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll do what I can," she said, voice heavy with grief.
    "I need you to hit me as hard as you can." Inanna said simply, "and then assuming things go the way I expect... Keep Sarada sane."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The bleeding seems to slowly be stopping, his natural ability to bend elements pulling from the air to seal the wounds and stop the bleeding.

Faintly, his eyelids flutter open.

“To...to.ma.?”
    The wounds seemed to be healing. Good... good. He wouldn't be able to handle it if another innocent died today.

"Yeah... yeah, it's me. You ok? Some bastard sneak attacked us," said Totoma. He paused, a sight escaping his lips. "...lookout's totaled and... and... Eva, Jack, Nunlil..."

Words failed him, but he knew Kai was perceptive enough to get the gist of things. "We need to get you out of here. Somewhere safe..."

But where? That guy could just do another drive-by, no matter where they were on Earth, he figured.

There was nothing more Sarada could do for Eva. Bellowing to the empty skies above her was going to accomplish nothing. Her seething anger was roiling, but until she had an enemy in front of her to unleash it on, it was nothing but impotent. She took in a shaky breath and scooped Eva's lifeless body in her arms. Her left arm screamed in agony, but she ignored it.

All she could do was at least give her body a comfortable place to rest until they could bury her somewhere. She didn't know where else to take her except her bedroom, so that was where she went.

"Thank you for everything, Eva," she said softly. Her good hand gently caressed her quickly cooling forehead before pulling the covers up to conceal the gaping hole in her chest. "I'll see you again. Real soon." As soon as the others returned from Reshlan, they needed to go to Namek to retrieve those dragonballs and wish her back to life. From there, the Earth's balls would be restored and they could start planning their revenge against whoever the hell did this.

Totoma took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and reached out with his ki senses, trying to sense the cowardly bastard that had done this. It was a bit hard to focus, with how he was now, but if he got any whiff of that son of a bitch, he'd be all over him in an instant. He would not let them escape... not after what they'd done.

Normally, he was a merciful hero, but not today. Just for now, he'd play the role of a Hero of Vengeance.
    Only a faint trace of energy leading from the sky and out into space.

Far out into space, beyond his ability to sense.

Yes it can, apparently.

Totoma's energy spiked to a level she had previously never thought possible for a Saiyan. She gave Eva one last glance, then hurried outside. What she saw was a mixture of astonishment and horror. Totoma's aura had gained what looked like an electrical current. His hair was spikier, his muscles bigger, and his power had swelled far beyond what the standard Super Saiyan form could accomplish. "He did it," she whispered. "He ascended."

She and Parsley had been struggling to surpass Super Saiyan the entire year of the training. She thought she had it with the muscle-bound form she gained against one of the Archons, but that fizzled out far too quickly to be of any use. Worse, it almost killed her. Even worse than that, if it hadn't killed her, it would have been completely useless. This form Totoma had gained was what they had been searching for that entire time. She knew it.

"You did it," she choked out. Grief overtook her again when she looked down on the ground by his feet. Torn pieces of Jack's duster and a broken horn belonging to Nunlil were all that were left. Their energies were nowhere to be found. She knew they had been standing by Kai when the blasts hit. If he survived just barely...

They were dead.

She had lost him again. Her Earthman was gone. Again.

Unlike years ago, when her love for him still burned strong on some level, she only thought of him as a fond friend. They had both moved on to other people, both Onis funnily enough. The point was she didn't have the urge to run off to his cabin and cry her eyes out like she did when she was younger. Still, it hurt. He died again, presumably along with Nunlil inadvertently protecting Kai from certain death.

"The balls on Namek are our only..."

A familiar voice speaks in all their heads, a bit of a warble in its mental tone. Grieving.

It’s Slak, their old Namekian companion.

Elder Nail is dead. And I sensed Eva’s passing. Someone has targeted people who control dragonballs. Be safe. Namek is on lock down, and any of the dragon clan who can recreate such artifacts are being secreted away.’
    She was cut off by Slak's voice, a voice she hadn't heard in years, echoing through her head. The Namekian Elder, Nail, was dead. The balls on that planet were inert, and all the members of the Dragon clan who could create new ones had been secreted away.

"No..."

They had no dragonballs.

"...no..."

No way to revive those that were kiled.

Eva.

Jack.

Nunlil.

Rutaba.

Mato.

All the Saiyans who had been killed during the invasion of Ruco and Auroc's invasion of Vocado.

They had no way of bringing them back.

Sarada fell to her knees. Her hand tightened into a fist, her fingers digging into the blackened, broken tiles beneath her. "Damn it... DAMN IT!!!" Whoever had targeted those who could control dragonballs. Maiz... Vocado didn't have any. She had never gotten around to creating them, or getting lessons from the Dragon clan to create them. She was safe.

"This is not happening."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Yes. I do."

Without another word, Sasheem exhaled deeply and took a stance of the formerly lost school of the Lion School. "HOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He began to shout raucously, decibel waves, breaching past the barriers of sound to rip apart something else entirely. The Majin wrapped his fists in the distortions and began to proceed to pummel the blue not-quite-an-oni-but-still-a-jabroni, the dimensional distortions multiplying his fists even further, allowing him to hit Inanna in four directions.

"I need you to hit me as hard as you can." Inanna said simply, "and then assuming things go the way I expect... Keep Sarada sane."
    Maiz raised an eyebrow. "If keeping Sarada sane is the last thing you need from me... this isn't going to end well." Ki pooled in her hands. "But given the circumstances, I'll do what I can." Her ki blasts grew darker as she concentrated them and pooled more of her energy into them. Her eyes glowed silverish-white as she conjured as much creation energy as she could. "Get ready. Here it comes."

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"None of the why's and how's matter right now. I need you to focus." Inanna said.

"I know who did it, a friend of your new Patron; and I mean to do something about it... but I'm stronger than I am precise. I need you to help shape something for me. Can you?" Inanna paused.

"Majin, get your ass over here before I bust out the knife."
    "If it helps....it would be pointless for me to refuse." Etrina responded. ".....Just tell me what to make and where to aim it before whatever is shooting at us makes another round."