Page 254 of 371 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post

"Sasheem would ask when ya want him to stop punching, but..." the Majin chuckled, his punches warping the fabric of reality all so he can batter Inanna with dimension layered fists as per her request. "He's honestly not sure he can hear ya at this point!"
    With Sasheem's punches distorting reality, and Maiz's creational energy, Inanna had the technique, and the guiding light to fashion a weapon of sorts. So she did- after knocking Sasheem off of her- unsealing the totality of her energy for the briefest moment in order to funnel her energy, and theirs into her Forge Arm. The result coalescing into a wildly unstable arrowhead of energy that seemed to rapidly shift from one dimension to the next, and back again.

It was the best she could do, limited as she was.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "If it helps....it would be pointless for me to refuse." Etrina responded. ".....Just tell me what to make and where to aim it before whatever is shooting at us makes another round."
    "I... need you to bind this... " Inanna said with some effort. "Otherwise it'll dissipate... before I do what I mean to. Then I need you to help me aim it; but that may be a one-way trip."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With Sasheem's punches distorting reality, and Maiz's creational energy, Inanna had the technique, and the guiding light to fashion a weapon of sorts. So she did- after knocking Sasheem off of her- unsealing the totality of her energy for the briefest moment in order to funnel her energy, and theirs into her Forge Arm. The result coalescing into a wildly unstable arrowhead of energy that seemed to rapidly shift from one dimension to the next, and back again.

It was the best she could do, limited as she was.

"I... need you to bind this... " Inanna said with some effort. "Otherwise it'll dissipate... before I do what I mean to. Then I need you to help me aim it; but that may be a one-way trip."
    "Good thing time a circle, or a one way trip would sound like a bad thing." Etrina gracefully stepped up behind the oni and lifted both hands, extending them within near touching distance of the arrowhead before channeling a form of temporal magic....maintaining the point of time where the arrow is "stable" and tethering that point to her and Inanna.

It was more complicated then it sounded, and the effort involved was immediately obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With three names and a place, Ochazuke proved why he was so invaluable. He had found them, at least three along with The Judge. "Those three... Held's assassin is named The Judge. He's a cybernetic assassin from another universe. He, along with the three others you mentioned are members of a group called the Ulthan." As she spoke, she pulled out the star map she purchased in Universe 16. She doubted the starways were that different between universes. If this Dark planet existed in 15, she hoped it existed in 16. "They mean to kill Genesis and Inanna. The former is no never mind, but the latter needs to be prevented at all cost. Can you give me a description of the cosmic landmarks you see. I'll try and find this world on this star map."

She activated the star map, and expanded it so that it enveloped the both of them. Once he started giving her characteristics of the planet and its surroundings, she would minimize it until only that planet was in view.
    Slowly Ochazuke's fist relaxed, and the fingers unfurled to reveal...nothing, but the wraps folded over his hand.

Perhaps Parsley might have noticed a flicker of an energy that was at once familiar, yet distant. For a moment, it was as if somebody else had joined them.

Gritting his teeth, he was suddenly all too aware how cold the thin air was, and he drew a shuddering breath.

"So that's their plot, now, is it?" As he replied, he drew a hand to his face. Unblinking, it was as if he was looking right through it towards something in the distance.

As he flew to join Ochazuke, Blizzar was passed by a golden streak of light, presumably Parsley. The Arcosian reached there soon after, managing to catch the human martial artist's explanation to the Super Saiyan.

"It's such a shame half of our foes aren't content to simply dwell in their own wretched universe...or timeline, or what have you," he sighed. "The time to plan is now and we must do it quickly and do it well. They're likely expecting some form of retaliation, I wager."
    Ochazuke nodded, his motion shaky, and filled with a fatigue. "If they struck out from this distance, they were assured their presence would somehow be mitigated," he seethed, "but they may have miscalculated this universe's tolerance for the manipulation of shadowy parties"

If they were seeking to remove a Destroyer and Genesis from this cruel, cosmic game...why did they kill Held? The question flit through Ochazuke's mind as he surveyed the enormous thorough rendering of the star map Parsley had produced. From stellar cycles to celestial bodies, its craft was to the finest detail. Ochazuke cast his eyes upon it once, then softly shuttered his eyes.

There was no way he could have known where such a thing was procured, and yet somehow he'd intuitively grasped something about it.

"These aren't our stars."

And at that moment, as if reverbing from some echo, he began to hear distant voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Three more slowly appear to his far vision, two with long reptilian tails and another a small flying humanoid, flirting about.

The large human-lizard hybrid man folds his arms.

“I dislike this method of attack. I joined to find what was taken from me, not sneak attack from behind, Lord Forger.”

The woman with the same human-lizard hybrid looks nods.

“Father is right. Effective, but I don’t see how this helps me or my goals, Lord Forger.”

The forger nods.

“You agreed to help me with my problem, I agreed to help you with yours. Simple, effective, an agreement bound in blood and oaths. Until my targets are gone, we remain together. We fight, together. My methods are cowardly and craven, yes, but effective and will accomplish my goals faster, so that I may then in turn complete your goals. As was promised.”

The smaller Fae thing flies over and lands on his shoulder, nodding.

“All will be well, trust us! We’ve worked this out to a T! Soon phase two will begin and we’ll be closer to your dreams!”
    He'd traced the path of the shot, where its energies were thrown from the comet from here, to planet Namek...and then Earth. The Guardian Evangeline had imparted something to him, and as he gestured his hand to the side, he felt it mingle within his ki.

Using Ishiki Toei, he recreated a snapshot in the air beside them, a segment of the energy beam where it had fallen. Where they stood in the sky now, they were rather uncomfortably close to their path.

"...I can hear them," he smouldered, "I can't explain it, but they're plotting at this very moment...and they think they've won."

Grasping the Black Sphere, he used the Wayfinder to hone his focus, and focused on creating an array of lighted beacons, gradually overlaying the path of stars, marked from the fixed point of Reshlan on Parsley's map.

"Three others." Comet. Young worlds. Foreign Stars. "Two beastmen, and a faerie." Pinpoints of light arrayed themselves. He felt if he willed it, he could mark the path of the shot itself, but for the interstellar span; the best he could do was try and trace it in miniature.

If it was successful, then this shadowy world had indeed existed in this universe, and they would find the way there.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Slowly Ochazuke's fist relaxed, and the fingers unfurled to reveal...nothing, but the wraps folded over his hand.

Perhaps Parsley might have noticed a flicker of an energy that was at once familiar, yet distant. For a moment, it was as if somebody else had joined them.

Gritting his teeth, he was suddenly all too aware how cold the thin air was, and he drew a shuddering breath.

"So that's their plot, now, is it?" As he replied, he drew a hand to his face. Unblinking, it was as if he was looking right through it towards something in the distance.

Ochazuke nodded, his motion shaky, and filled with a fatigue. "If they struck out from this distance, they were assured their presence would somehow be mitigated," he seethed, "but they may have miscalculated this universe's tolerance for the manipulation of shadowy parties"

If they were seeking to remove a Destroyer and Genesis from this cruel, cosmic game...why did they kill Held? The question flit through Ochazuke's mind as he surveyed the enormous thorough rendering of the star map Parsley had produced. From stellar cycles to celestial bodies, its craft was to the finest detail. Ochazuke cast his eyes upon it once, then softly shuttered his eyes.

There was no way he could have known where such a thing was procured, and yet somehow he'd intuitively grasped something about it.

"These aren't our stars."

And at that moment, as if reverbing from some echo, he began to hear distant voices.

He'd traced the path of the shot, where its energies were thrown from the comet from here, to planet Namek...and then Earth. The Guardian Evangeline had imparted something to him, and as he gestured his hand to the side, he felt it mingle within his ki.

Using Ishiki Toei, he recreated a snapshot in the air beside them, a segment of the energy beam where it had fallen. Where they stood in the sky now, they were rather uncomfortably close to their path.

"...I can hear them," he smouldered, "I can't explain it, but they're plotting at this very moment...and they think they've won."

Grasping the Black Sphere, he used the Wayfinder to hone his focus, and focused on creating an array of lighted beacons, gradually overlaying the path of stars, marked from the fixed point of Reshlan on Parsley's map.

"Three others." Comet. Young worlds. Foreign Stars. "Two beastmen, and a faerie." Pinpoints of light arrayed themselves. He felt if he willed it, he could mark the path of the shot itself, but for the interstellar span; the best he could do was try and trace it in miniature.

If it was successful, then this shadowy world had indeed existed in this universe, and they would find the way there.
    Darkle does indeed exist, and only slightly off course of the star map. A trifle for Ochazuke to find.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Good thing time a circle, or a one way trip would sound like a bad thing." Etrina gracefully stepped up behind the oni and lifted both hands, extending them within near touching distance of the arrowhead before channeling a form of temporal magic....maintaining the point of time where the arrow is "stable" and tethering that point to her and Inanna.

It was more complicated then it sounded, and the effort involved was immediately obviously.
    When it was done, Inanna nodded.

"Time to go." Standing, she held a hand out to Etrina. "If you can help me aim without coming directly, or if you have a means of returning to Reshlan without me... that would perhaps be best."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Time to go." Standing, she held a hand out to Etrina. "If you can help me aim without coming directly, or if you have a means of returning to Reshlan without me... that would perhaps be best."
    "So you had Sasheem punch you to make a javelin?!" the Majin shrugged, leaping forward back towards Inanna. "What the hell are ya gonna do with that?!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Maiz's part in this harebrained scheme was over. She has given Inanna as much Creation energy as she could muster. Along with the... thing beside her, Inanna managed to forge a weird looking arrow. Whatever it was, she seemed confident it was going to do whatever it was she planned in doing.

Whatever that thing was, it was sounding like a suicide mission.

Has they been pushed to these lengths already?

"It doesn't sound like you intend on coming back."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"....and miss the look on their face when whatever this is blows up in it?" Etrina seems to smirk a moment, before gesturing her hand off to the side....a sparkling point of energy materializing. "...but just in case, better safe then sorry.....I'm ready when you are."

"So you had Sasheem punch you to make a javelin?!" the Majin shrugged, leaping forward back towards Inanna. "What the hell are ya gonna do with that?!"
    "I think it's fitting; and I mean to use it."

Maiz's part in this harebrained scheme was over. She has given Inanna as much Creation energy as she could muster. Along with the... thing beside her, Inanna managed to forge a weird looking arrow. Whatever it was, she seemed confident it was going to do whatever it was she planned in doing.

Whatever that thing was, it was sounding like a suicide mission.

Has they been pushed to these lengths already?

"It doesn't sound like you intend on coming back."
    "I've already made one grave mistake in regards this enemy. I will not fuck it up a second time." Inanna said with a sigh. "But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a very strong possibility I won't be, or that this won't end in catastrophic failure. Now, no more time dawdling I sense Sarada in the heavens above."

"....and miss the look on their face when whatever this is blows up in it?" Etrina seems to smirk a moment, before gesturing her hand off to the side....a sparkling point of energy materializing. "...but just in case, better safe then sorry.....I'm ready when you are."
    "Time to go."

With that, the duo arrived on Darkle.

"Okay, Etrina.. when the time comes," Inanna quickly explained, I need you to not only guide the shot, but accelerate it. If they have a chance to react at all... it'll most probably fail." That explained- with no mention of the why or how- Inanna blinked away from the Time Mage and materialized just outside of Banespell's hovel.

"Anybody home~?"

Arx Inosaan

Next to Held and Hilda, Praxat gets on her knees and punches the ground. ( Dammit, I guess we're going to track down Held's assassin, but how can I stand a chance against someone who can take out Held? I need to ascend to a new power if I want to take on the oncoming threats,) Praxat thought.

( As I'm right now, I'm not strong enough. The strongest transformation I have right now Is Max mode, which complete trash, and my body can't handle more than 40% of my elastic energy right now. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, how can I protect anyone in my current state!) Praxat thought as her skin turn a deep red, and her eyes start to flick blue with electricity, and her power begins to fluctuate again.

As she gets angry at herself.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Darkle does indeed exist, and only slightly off course of the star map. A trifle for Ochazuke to find.
    Overlaid upon the stars from another universe, slowly the pathway across the universe was gradually marked upon Parsley's map.

Still entranced in meditative focus, Ochazuke frowned. Even though the way to Darkle was marked, he was still visibly irritated by something intangible, and just beyond his comprehension. The inlaid mechanics of living energies, he'd trained as a singular skill for a year in isolation; in the increased magnitude of scope, though he sought knowledge, he had found the experience alienating. Even the brief glimpses of telepathy shared across Inanna's psychic links were a burden that tested his resolve, yet at this moment, he found himself, inexplicably, transcendentally aware of what was happening at this very moment on this shadowy world.

Could this be...

It happened five, long, hard-fought years ago, but he would never forget it. There on the Lookout, revealed by the Guardian Evangeline, tens of thousands of golden threads that wove the tapestry of the future.

He couldn't quite perceive this so literally, but like the pathways of subtle matter coursing through entire worlds, there was something palpable there, like a pulse carrying echoes across the void of space itself. Right now, it was as if by brushing against this luminous abstract, therein laid a connected presence. Targeted to this fixed point in the present moment as he stood there, it was nothing but disorienting; and as aware as he was of the matters that were discussed in the abyss, there was an increasing sense of dread he held within him at the enormity of the task ahead.

"I think it's fitting; and I mean to use it."

"I've already made one grave mistake in regards this enemy. I will not fuck it up a second time." Inanna said with a sigh. "But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a very strong possibility I won't be, or that this won't end in catastrophic failure. Now, no more time dawdling I sense Sarada in the heavens above."

"Time to go."

With that, the duo arrived on Darkle.

"Okay, Etrina.. when the time comes," Inanna quickly explained, I need you to not only guide the shot, but accelerate it. If they have a chance to react at all... it'll most probably fail." That explained- with no mention of the why or how- Inanna blinked away from the Time Mage and materialized just outside of Banespell's hovel.

"Anybody home~?"
    "...what fresh hell?"

There in that vision, he was Inanna emerge with Etrina, and it left him dumbfounded, short of much more than a gasp.

"Their plot for the Destroyer...did they account for it being revealed to her?" And just how long had she known about this cabal?

Regardless, at the moment, he could only observe what was to happen next; and if they scattered, there would be no escape for them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    He'd... surpassed Super Saiyan? Something like that was possible? Why? How?

Now that he thought about it, ever since E Bekon had given him back his body, his ki had felt a bit different. More responsive, more... expansive. Maybe he'd done something, or the experience of just being in E Bekon's body had 'rubbed off' on him?

...whatever, it didn't matter. He just needed to figure out how to access this Super... Duper Saiyan at will.

"Oh," he replied, lamely. Normally, he'd be more hyped, but he was mentally exhausted from everything that had happened this day. As Sarada activated her device, he took a deep breath.

And good thing he did, because when they were whisked away to... uh, wherever the others were, they appeared in space, next to Parsley. And also Ochazuke.

Also, Parsley was all electric-y for some reason. Maybe... huh, actually, he did recall seeing similar sparks when he'd 'surpassed Super Saiyan', now that he thought about it.
    Sarada blinked. Nothing was really happening, but the tension even in the upper atmosphere of this world - Reshlan - was so thick that she could have cut it with her knife. Nothing was happening, but it felt like there was so much going on. "What's happening?"

Parsley sighed and looked away. "Held was killed not too long ago. A being known as The Judge assassinated him. We don't know why."

Her mouth pursed, poised to uttered a singular question; the only question that she could think of at the moment. What? The words sounded foreign to her. It sounded like Parsley just told her that someone called The Judge murdered her friend, but that couldn't have been right. No. NO! She had not just lost yet another friend!

NO!

"The Judge is part of a group known as the Ulthan." Parsley stopped short and hesitated for a long moment. "Inanna told you she met with Banespell on Darkle some time ago, yes?"

"...yeah."

She sighed. "He's the leader of this group. Their main goal is to see about the destruction of Genesis. The alternate goal is..." She stopped and hesitated again. Sarada swallowed nervously. "Their secondary goal is to kill Inanna."

That... that hit her differently than the news about Held. That had come as a shock, an unbelievable revelation so far out of left field that it could have very well been a sick joke played by her sister. This... Parsley knew better than to joke about this.

Sarada wasn't sure how she felt when she heard it. So much bubbled up at once. Anger. Fear. Worry. Concern. Horror. Fear that her wife was going to be taken from her so shortly after they started their family. Anger that Inanna hadn't told her about this sooner so they could prepare properly. Worry and concern that Banespell and whoever else was with him would actually succeed and kill her Oni. Horror... it was too much. It was all too much. She didn't know how to react. She didn't know what to do. What could she do? Where was he, Banespell? He was on Darkle she knew, but where was Darkle? She had never heard of it until she read the journal found in Eldfen's shrine.

"Ochazuke has just about found Darkle," Parsley continued. "We're just trying to pinpoint its location."

Good, good. As soon as he found it, she was going to go there herself and set this straight. She had a feeling that Banespell was behind Eva's death. And Jack's and Nunlil's. He was going to pay for that. Everyone with him was going to pay! "Good. I need to heal, then I'll be good to fight. I'm going to-"

"No, Sarada. Inanna has some kind of plan, and-"

"What?!" She knew exactly what kind of plans Inanna tended to come up with. She was different from Ishtar, but she had inherited her reckless tendencies. Whatever she intended to do no doubt put her life at risk. "No, we have to stop her!" She quickly descended, zeroing in on the Oni-shaped void of ki and the immense pressure that Inanna emitted. Maybe she could talk some sense into her. Maybe she could convince her to wait until Ochazuke finished his search so they could all go and kick ass together. There was no need to throw her life away!

Sarada flew as quickly as her power allowed, but it wasn't enough. She arrived just as Inanna and Etrina blinked away. "No! Fucking damn it!" She was too late.

"Sarada?"

Maiz's voice attracted her attention. Turning to face her, she quickly realized that she was okay. She was fine. That... that was one thing off her shoulders. It was one less thing than the dozens that had suddenly been heaped on the yolk she was already carrying, but it was something. "Maiz, I'm glad you're alright."

"I... should say the same." She gestured for her to sit down by her. Sarada did so, sighing heavily. Maiz laid her hands on her; a warm heat coursed through her. She could feel the pain she had been ignoring faded away gradually until she was gone. "Inanna has a plan. She plans on blowing up her clone and some kind of weapon she made. I don't really understand it, but I trust her. You should, too."

She knew that, but that wouldn't stop her from being scared. Making enemies was one thing; those enemies being competent enough to kill four of them in the span of half an hour was... it was scary. Added to that fear was the realization that their deaths were permanent; at least until the Dragon clan Namekians came out of hiding to craft a new set of dragonballs.

"I... I'll trust her," she said shakily. Anger and fear intermingled in her heart, struggling for control of her mind.

"Good." A moment passed before Maiz's hands left her. "Your injuries are healed. I can't do anything about the arm, sadly, but I can at least do something about your hair." A pair of scissors appeared in her hand. "Hold still."

She sighed. She closed her eyes and sent Inanna a message of encouragement. 'You'd better fucking come back. I'm not raising that brat by myself.'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ochazuke is the only one to witness....a split. His vision of the seven gathered Ulthan suddenly splits. One has the seven members, the other has Inanna, Etrina, and a single other person.

Lord Forger.

Like watching two different tv’s at once, Ochazuke is witness to a strange divergence in reality.

————

Caladash Banespell looks up from his outside forge as Inanna and Etrina arrive. He sighs and puts his hammer down, walking a few feet and looking at them.

“Goddess Inanna. Welcome to our home.”

He nods to Etrina.

“I didn’t expect a guest, but it makes little difference.”

He turns his back and walks back to his forge.

“Food’s in the house. Freshly cooked, help yourself.”

—————

Ochazuke, you watch this strange duel vision as the one Lord Forger greets Inanna and Etrina, while the other keeps speaking to the other Ulthan.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada blinked. Nothing was really happening, but the tension even in the upper atmosphere of this world - Reshlan - was so thick that she could have cut it with her knife. Nothing was happening, but it felt like there was so much going on. "What's happening?"

Parsley sighed and looked away. "Held was killed not too long ago. A being known as The Judge assassinated him. We don't know why."

Her mouth pursed, poised to uttered a singular question; the only question that she could think of at the moment. What? The words sounded foreign to her. It sounded like Parsley just told her that someone called The Judge murdered her friend, but that couldn't have been right. No. NO! She had not just lost yet another friend!

NO!

"The Judge is part of a group known as the Ulthan." Parsley stopped short and hesitated for a long moment. "Inanna told you she met with Banespell on Darkle some time ago, yes?"

"...yeah."

She sighed. "He's the leader of this group. Their main goal is to see about the destruction of Genesis. The alternate goal is..." She stopped and hesitated again. Sarada swallowed nervously. "Their secondary goal is to kill Inanna."

That... that hit her differently than the news about Held. That had come as a shock, an unbelievable revelation so far out of left field that it could have very well been a sick joke played by her sister. This... Parsley knew better than to joke about this.

Sarada wasn't sure how she felt when she heard it. So much bubbled up at once. Anger. Fear. Worry. Concern. Horror. Fear that her wife was going to be taken from her so shortly after they started their family. Anger that Inanna hadn't told her about this sooner so they could prepare properly. Worry and concern that Banespell and whoever else was with him would actually succeed and kill her Oni. Horror... it was too much. It was all too much. She didn't know how to react. She didn't know what to do. What could she do? Where was he, Banespell? He was on Darkle she knew, but where was Darkle? She had never heard of it until she read the journal found in Eldfen's shrine.

"Ochazuke has just about found Darkle," Parsley continued. "We're just trying to pinpoint its location."

Good, good. As soon as he found it, she was going to go there herself and set this straight. She had a feeling that Banespell was behind Eva's death. And Jack's and Nunlil's. He was going to pay for that. Everyone with him was going to pay! "Good. I need to heal, then I'll be good to fight. I'm going to-"

"No, Sarada. Inanna has some kind of plan, and-"

"What?!" She knew exactly what kind of plans Inanna tended to come up with. She was different from Ishtar, but she had inherited her reckless tendencies. Whatever she intended to do no doubt put her life at risk. "No, we have to stop her!" She quickly descended, zeroing in on the Oni-shaped void of ki and the immense pressure that Inanna emitted. Maybe she could talk some sense into her. Maybe she could convince her to wait until Ochazuke finished his search so they could all go and kick ass together. There was no need to throw her life away!

Sarada flew as quickly as her power allowed, but it wasn't enough. She arrived just as Inanna and Etrina blinked away. "No! Fucking damn it!" She was too late.

"Sarada?"

Maiz's voice attracted her attention. Turning to face her, she quickly realized that she was okay. She was fine. That... that was one thing off her shoulders. It was one less thing than the dozens that had suddenly been heaped on the yolk she was already carrying, but it was something. "Maiz, I'm glad you're alright."

"I... should say the same." She gestured for her to sit down by her. Sarada did so, sighing heavily. Maiz laid her hands on her; a warm heat coursed through her. She could feel the pain she had been ignoring faded away gradually until she was gone. "Inanna has a plan. She plans on blowing up her clone and some kind of weapon she made. I don't really understand it, but I trust her. You should, too."

She knew that, but that wouldn't stop her from being scared. Making enemies was one thing; those enemies being competent enough to kill four of them in the span of half an hour was... it was scary. Added to that fear was the realization that their deaths were permanent; at least until the Dragon clan Namekians came out of hiding to craft a new set of dragonballs.

"I... I'll trust her," she said shakily. Anger and fear intermingled in her heart, struggling for control of her mind.

"Good." A moment passed before Maiz's hands left her. "Your injuries are healed. I can't do anything about the arm, sadly, but I can at least do something about your hair." A pair of scissors appeared in her hand. "Hold still."

She sighed. She closed her eyes and sent Inanna a message of encouragement. 'You'd better fucking come back. I'm not raising that brat by myself.'
    Totoma listened to Parsley's... primer on what, exactly, was going on. It sounded completely insane, and yet, here they were. All this time, so much had been happening behind the scenes while he'd been blissfully unaware. He was sort of disappointed he hadn't been filled in on all this, but... whatever, he wasn't in the mood to raise a ruckus about it.

"Things just... keep getting crazier and crazier," he said, sighing. "Alright, I'm going to do what I can..."

Take a deep breath--difficult, given the thin air--he offered the Kizuna to Ochazuke, as he had many times in the past. A gentle light began emanating from him, and his friend only had to accept in order to gain its boon. Its ability to draw out more power might help him with this... and, well, he could get a visual on this Darkle through the Kizuna, and Totoma wanted to see who in the hell they were dealing with.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 12-08-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Caladash Banespell looks up from his outside forge as Inanna and Etrina arrive. He sighs and puts his hammer down, walking a few feet and looking at them.

“Goddess Inanna. Welcome to our home.”

He nods to Etrina.

“I didn’t expect a guest, but it makes little difference.”

He turns his back and walks back to his forge.

“Food’s in the house. Freshly cooked, help yourself.”
    "Not staying long," Inanna replied curtly.

"You killed my friends. I'm here for a reckoning."

Arx Inosaan