Page 27 of 371 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The swap happens, and suddenly Parsley is watching the tail end of a hail of energy arrows strike the others.

The Knight and the invisible grappler quickly seem to disentangle themselves.
    Parsley's ploy worked and not only was her well-being preserved, but it gave her two targets to aim for at once. Unfortunately, they were quick to untangle each other. Her main concern was the invisible warrior who would be able to connect with sneak attacks while she was focused on the Knight, who she could actually see. She assumed that the invisible one was a Knight as well, and that their armor was preventing her from sensing its presence. That would be nullified in a moment, in an albeit crude manner.

Instead of attacking them outright, she fired a burst of air at the Lookout floor, kicking up a cloud of dust that would, hopefully, render the invisible Knight visible.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Having barely had time to process what in the heck Parsley had said before she shot off, Totoma drew back his hands and began to prepare a Kamehameha.

"Kame..."

Parsley was stopped by... something...

"Hame....."

Suddenly, Parsley simply wasn't there and had been replaced by the Golden Knight. Okay, weird... but this was his chance! Just as the golden knight and invisible... whatever began untangling themselves, he released his attack in a golden wave towards them

"HAAAAAA!!!"

Avoca reached the new battlefield to find utter chaos. It seemed that there was only one enemy that she could see. Whoever was firing an attack at one of those Threshling fucks, while Parsley was oddly trying to blow up the floor. Or... kick up a dust cloud? Whatever her reasoning, she was sure it was a good one. Whatever; it was time to fight again.

From her high vantage point, she figured she had the element of surprise. With that hope in mind, she thrust her hands forward and formed a pair of energy blasts, one in each. A thin strip of ki tethered them together. "DEMON SPARK!"

With a bit of timing, Demon Spark should have arrived at around the same time as Totoma's Kamehameha, the energy tether wrapping around the Knight to keep him from escaping.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The smoke aspect seems to freeze inches from striking her, the fog turned ice keeping the creature suspended for now.
    The ice won't last long without the power for the Water Armor supporting it. But she did know of a place, used once before by herself and Cyanna to almost too good effect. Getting there without Cyanna's help will be the tricky part.

Dash placed her hands against the ice prison, then pulled them back as the cold caused her pain. Summoning her cloak, she wrapped it around the frozen smoke creature, took hold of it like a tow line, and began flying away from the Lookout.

Heading North to the frozen wastelands, she sought out the ice caves, hoping to reach it before the ice surrounding the creature melted.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The material is strangely light reflective and lite, almost like liquid silk to the touch. From what Praxat can tell it’s a stealth suit of sorts, able to block all types of sensing aside from actual visual or mechanical means.
    The material to make it doesn’t exist on Earth.
    (With such material like this. I could use it to make myself a suit that could aid in my natural camouflage. It's light-reflective, light, and feels almost like liquid silk to the touch. If I could figure out a way to get this material to adaptively change colors,) Praxat thought.

(Then I have something special. To make such a suit, I would need a lot more of this material. Unfountunly the stuff to make more it doesn't exist on this planet,) Praxat thought.

( To get the necessary stuff to make more of this material, I need to do a bit of asking. Time for me to head to the Lookout, I betting those Threshlings there. I could ask one of them if where I can find the stuff to make more of this material,) Praxat thought.

( That's if their willing to talk,) Praxat thought. Praxat puts the material in her pocket. Praxat then goes over to her projects and looks at a bunch of high tech bracelets behind a security force field. ( Ah, this is my birthday present for Dash, and the many prototypes I went through developing it,) Praxat thought.

( Dash told me once that she wished she could turn invisible like Cyanna. Well, my present for her will make that into a reality,) Praxat thought. Praxat then quickly heads towards the Lookout.

As she heads towards the Lookout, Praxat ponders to herself. ( I wish humans could see what I see at night. To me, at night, the sky is like a rave, lots and lots of flicking lights. To sum it up to me at night, it's like the whole sky itself is flicking,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The ice won't last long without the power for the Water Armor supporting it. But she did know of a place, used once before by herself and Cyanna to almost too good effect. Getting there without Cyanna's help will be the tricky part.

Dash placed her hands against the ice prison, then pulled them back as the cold caused her pain. Summoning her cloak, she wrapped it around the frozen smoke creature, took hold of it like a tow line, and began flying away from the Lookout.

Heading North to the frozen wastelands, she sought out the ice caves, hoping to reach it before the ice surrounding the creature melted.
    She does so, though the smoke monster seems almost free.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The beams slamming towards the Golden Knight land, and for a brief moment the outline of another figure is there as well. When the beams die down, a large crater lay in the lookout’s surface and the Knight still stands. The armor on its frame is cracked and pitted, but he remains standing.

Who knows what happened to the invisible one.

“My turn.”

The bow reappears in it’s hand and it fires a charged energy arrow upwards into the sky.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna had been somewhat passive, after returning to Earth.

With Sarada comatose, and hidden away; and the knowledge that Maiz had been taken by the Demon-possessed Koorimaru. Her thoughts had been largely elsewhere. So when she finally touched down on the Lookout and saw what was transpiring, her reaction was somewhat... muted.

"Huh."

Anorher Golden Knight, this one a master of the bow.

Exhausted, though possessed of a means to perhaps end this quickly- considering just how strong these Golden ones were, emphasis on quickly- she couldn't well not try something however; and with the cracks formed in the Knights armor all that was needed was another push.

So when he fired yet another fusillade of energy straight up... Inanna disappeared from the surface of the Lookout, and in the path of the shot.

Deconstructive Parry.

OT: Inanna is attempting to 'consume' the attack with Hakai, to be clear.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna had been somewhat passive, after returning to Earth.

With Sarada comatose, and hidden away; and the knowledge that Maiz had been taken by the Demon-possessed Koorimaru. Her thoughts had been largely elsewhere. So when she finally touched down on the Lookout and saw what was transpiring, her reaction was somewhat... muted.

"Huh."

Anorher Golden Knight, this one a master of the bow.

Exhausted, though possessed of a means to perhaps end this quickly- considering just how strong these Golden ones were, emphasis on quickly- she couldn't well not try something however; and with the cracks formed in the Knights armor all that was needed was another push.

So when he fired yet another fusillade of energy straight up... Inanna disappeared from the surface of the Lookout, and in the path of the shot.

Deconstructive Parry.

OT: Inanna is attempting to 'consume' the attack with Hakai, to be clear.
    OT:

......Crap.

IC:

The shot is....consumed.

The Knight lowers the bow, head tilting to the side. She mumbles something in her native language, and a faint voice, hissing, responds though the second voice is unseen.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

......Crap.

IC:

The shot is....consumed.

The Knight lowers the bow, head tilting to the side. She mumbles something in her native language, and a faint voice, hissing, responds though the second voice is unseen.
    OT:

... Inanna can be annoying when I remember she can be! If in the event you'd rather she not do something though, simply deem it so.

I'm not too picky so long as it's fun

IC:

After it's consumption, Inanna allowed herself to free fall back down to the Lookout's surface, flipping into a...

"So tell me... Grumpy," Inanna said calmly. "How devout are you? Enough to stand, unwavering, after learning I turned your God to paste with a single blow? Enough to die, here, even after learning that I've freed so many of your compatriots?" She asked, clearly probing for any any chink in that mental 'armor'.

"Or are you like Sir Nei K'lot, and simply in need of a... jolt?"

OT: Also, does that bow attack have a name?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

She does so, though the smoke monster seems almost free.
    As she arrived, Dash thought on what nearly happened the last time she tried this and began having second thoughts. Problem was, she has spent way too much as an Apprentice Guardian. So much so that it still unerves her when put into a position of killing someone. Even when her best intentions, like when she had intended to trap the threashlings in the lab but instead ended up killing some of them, lead to the deaths of others, it makes her depressed.

Question was, will trapping Smokey in a cave harm him? Or will he just escape and go back to causing more harm to others?

Thinking this much was giving her a serious headache. Maybe Blizzar the GP Officer can take care of him. Only thing is, Dash lost her communicator some time ago and never got around to getting a new one.

Turning back to look at the Smoke Guy, she notices some slight movement from within the thinning ice.

Placing the ice-imprisoned threat on the snowy ground just outside the cave, she calls to him through his ice, "Ah didn't wanna have'ta do this, but you don't seem to listen to reason. You know, ah'm not nearly as strong as most of the others. You escape, they will hunt you down and destroy you without a thought. You stay here an wait, an'll bring back someone who can better deal with you. If ah have'ta make a choice between you an those ah care about, ah'll take you out myself. It's your choice."

With that, she pushes the Ice prison into the cave and uses her Ki to form a clear Ice Wall in front of it. Stepping back, she sends a streak of ki along the ground, under the ice wall, and then under the Ice Prison. The Ki then burns hot briefly, enough to melt the ice surrounding Smokey and free him from that, but not the cave it's self.

She then waits a moment to see what he does next.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-28-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    (With such material like this. I could use it to make myself a suit that could aid in my natural camouflage. It's light-reflective, light, and feels almost like liquid silk to the touch. If I could figure out a way to get this material to adaptively change colors,) Praxat thought.

(Then I have something special. To make such a suit, I would need a lot more of this material. Unfountunly the stuff to make more it doesn't exist on this planet,) Praxat thought.

( To get the necessary stuff to make more of this material, I need to do a bit of asking. Time for me to head to the Lookout, I betting those Threshlings there. I could ask one of them if where I can find the stuff to make more of this material,) Praxat thought.

( That's if their willing to talk,) Praxat thought. Praxat puts the material in her pocket. Praxat then goes over to her projects and looks at a bunch of high tech bracelets behind a security force field. ( Ah, this is my birthday present for Dash, and the many prototypes I went through developing it,) Praxat thought.

( Dash told me once that she wished she could turn invisible like Cyanna. Well, my present for her will make that into a reality,) Praxat thought. Praxat then quickly heads towards the Lookout.

As she heads towards the Lookout, Praxat ponders to herself. ( I wish humans could see what I see at night. To me, at night, the sky is like a rave, lots and lots of flicking lights. To sum it up to me at night, it's like the whole sky itself is flicking,) Praxat thought.

While heading towards the Lookout, Praxat stops on top of a hill. ( This is a good time as any try this,) Praxat thought. Praxat focuses her Ki sensing and uses Infrasound communication. " Eva, if you can hear this, please inform me of what's happen at the Lookout," Praxat said in an infrasound frequency.

Praxat takes out the shimmery black material. ( Okay, I know the resources to make more of this material doesn't exist on Earth, meaning that the resources to make this aren't native to Earth or being imported to Earth. So I most likely couldn't ask the proper import customs channels where the resources to make this material is located,) Praxat thought.

( If I can get the information out the Threshlings. Then my best bet to find out where the resources to make this material is located would probably be to ask around black market channels or at least someone who is associated with the black market,) Praxat thought.

( Hmm, in a way this material has, something in common with the materials my clothing , locket, and my ancestor's sword are made out of. That is that they are not native to Earth. That's the only thing they have in common, though,) Praxat thought.

( Hell, even the picture inside my locket is made out of material that is not native to Earth,) Praxat thought.

Praxat puts the material back in her pocket.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT:

... Inanna can be annoying when I remember she can be! If in the event you'd rather she not do something though, simply deem it so.

I'm not too picky so long as it's fun

IC:

After it's consumption, Inanna allowed herself to free fall back down to the Lookout's surface, flipping into a...

"So tell me... Grumpy," Inanna said calmly. "How devout are you? Enough to stand, unwavering, after learning I turned your God to paste with a single blow? Enough to die, here, even after learning that I've freed so many of your compatriots?" She asked, clearly probing for any any chink in that mental 'armor'.

"Or are you like Sir Nei K'lot, and simply in need of a... jolt?"

OT: Also, does that bow attack have a name?
    OT: Last Rain.

IC:

The Knight pauses, but before she can respond, a sibilant hissing can be heard from nearby. The Knight nods, once, then turns to Inanna. She taps her head, as if signaling Inanna....something. The bownstarts to come up, but much slower.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she arrived, Dash thought on what nearly happened the last time she tried this and began having second thoughts. Problem was, she has spent way too much as an Apprentice Guardian. So much so that it still unerves her when put into a position of killing someone. Even when her best intentions, like when she had intended to trap the threashlings in the lab but instead ended up killing some of them, lead to the deaths of others, it makes her depressed.

Question was, will trapping Smokey in a cave harm him? Or will he just escape and go back to causing more harm to others?

Thinking this much was giving her a serious headache. Maybe Blizzar the GP Officer can take care of him. Only thing is, Dash lost her communicator some time ago and never got around to getting a new one.

Turning back to look at the Smoke Guy, she notices some slight movement from within the thinning ice.

Placing the ice-imprisoned threat on the snowy ground just outside the cave, she calls to him through his ice, "Ah didn't wanna have'ta do this, but you don't seem to listen to reason. You know, ah'm not nearly as strong as most of the others. You escape, they will hunt you down and destroy you without a thought. You stay here an wait, an'll bring back someone who can better deal with you. If ah have'ta make a choice between you an those ah care about, ah'll take you out myself. It's your choice."

With that, she pushes the Ice prison into the cave and uses her Ki to form a clear Ice Wall in front of it. Stepping back, she sends a streak of ki along the ground, under the ice wall, and then under the Ice Prison. The Ki then burns hot briefly, enough to melt the ice surrounding Smokey and free him from that, but not the cave it's self.

She then waits a moment to see what he does next.
    It seems to hesitate, then lash out at blinding speeds, aiming to slash Dash.

In that relief moment, Dash gets the sense this is less an intelligent creature and more a...construct..or summon...of sorts.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It seems to hesitate, then lash out at blinding speeds, aiming to slash Dash.

In that relief moment, Dash gets the sense this is less an intelligent creature and more a...construct..or summon...of sorts.
    The Ice Wall cracked, sections of it shattering from the attack. One more blow, and Dash knew the creature would be free so she had to act fast. She tried once more to summon the Water Armor, but was unable to do so.

Plan B then. Taking flight, she rose just a few feet above the cave entrance. Summoning her ki, she blasted the snow and ice above it near the top of the glacier. A rumbling sound preceded the collapse of the cave, the entrance now buried under a small mountain of snow and ice.

If this works, that creature should be entombed within until the next Global Warming cycle.

OT: Last Rain.

IC:

The Knight pauses, but before she can respond, a sibilant hissing can be heard from nearby. The Knight nods, once, then turns to Inanna. She taps her head, as if signaling Inanna....something. The bownstarts to come up, but much slower.
    Can't say? Won't say?

Inanna wasn't sure, but the motion was... telling; as was the hissing that had given the Knight pause. Bothersome really. Would be so much easier if just killing everyone was the most prudent but when it came to matters such as this Inanna would certainly be a hypocrite if she took umbridge.

So where did that leave her?

Target the shadow? Seemed wisest.

"It's a hassle isn't it. Being unable to say what you want to. I wonder if that can be fixed?" Looking to pinpoint the source of the hissing, Inanna held onto her Riposte- allowing the Knight to finish drawing her bow- as she sought out whatever it was that seemed to be working from the shadows.

Arx Inosaan