Page 270 of 371 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian's eye lit up as he surveyed all manner of drinks from across the galaxy. Several of them he recognized by color and hue alone.

Even more, he hadn't the slightest inkling as to their origins.

"It's like I died and went to heaven." He murmured in delight, before pausing as if bothered by something. "...Wait--Er...Nevermind."

He grab the closet glass of alcohol that looked as if it were something he might enjoy. This particular one seemed to be a...beer....of some sort? There was no harm in starting off the morning light, was there?

...Was it morning, for that matter?

"Well said." Held replied, raising his glass in agreement, "To new friends!"

...Speaking of friends, I hope Zaofan isn't worried about me, come to think of it...Then again, Voyavoda is there. He's Nevadian, so he should probably be able to convince him that even if I'm taking longer than normal, I'm fine.....

He placed the cup to his lips, drinking deeply from its contents.

....I need to really stop stressing out about those guys! Put them out of my mind! Nothing I can do from here anyways, and they're all big boys and girls....The biggest ones in the galaxy. They'll be fine. Reshlan is probably the safest planet in the galaxy right now...
    For the next several minutes, the three share multiple drinks and a comfortable silence.

Eventually, Vados orders spicy peanut noodles with beef and broccoli for all three of them and when the food arrives, Held has to admit it smells......heavenly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Lord Forger sighs and gets up, taking the key from Etrina and unlocking the basement door. He then leads them down and shows them another keyhole in the far wall.

“Through here.”

He places the key in and turns it, a slit opening up in the wall and expanding out to form a glowing white doorway.

“An emergency out only that key could access, and the key could only be manifested by me. No double cross, no trickery. And yes Lady Inanna, you are beholden to the agreement as well.”
    "For all I know this could simply be another layer to your gambit. Why should I trust you know, when you proved with your opening shot you've a penchant for trickery?" Inanna asked, while staring at the doorway.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "For all I know this could simply be another layer to your gambit. Why should I trust you know, when you proved with your opening shot you've a penchant for trickery?" Inanna asked, while staring at the doorway.
    He sighs again, rubbing at his forehead.

“Oath magic forbids my outright lying, Lady Inanna. I can misdirect, to an extent, or I can use language that hides my intent, but I cannot lie. If I did so, my Oaths would break and I would die. This is one of the pacts made with Lady Binder.”

He points.

“This portal will lead you back to your Earth. I cannot say how much time has passed, but less than a day for sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ishtar stares them down, stopping her drain on Sasheem but not before getting a good deal of energy.

She looks at Ochazuke, and you get a sense or memory of great loss early on and a discovery of her Hakai well before their Inanna did. You also get a sense of...stiltedness, of hunger from her.

Blizzar, as you come back into the atmosphere you see her there confronting Sasheem and Ochazuke.

Sarada, Ishtar looks at you with her amber eyes and smiles widely.

“Well hello Saiyan. Aren’t you....delectable.”

Sarada, what little energy you have seems to start being pulled away rapidly by Ishtar’s Vitalmancy.
    Sarada was so close, so tantalizingly close. The closer she got, the bigger they looked. That made sense because of perspective and all that artsy shit she didn't care about, but still. Her mouth was watering at the very thought of grabbing onto the plush, supple boobies. If she could get away with it, she could try pulling her top down to-

"Totoma?"

His power level suddenly dropped to nothing. She stopped dead in her tracks, all thought of boobs erased from her head. She turned and looked at the spot where she last saw him. She found him on the ground, a red splotch under him, with Parsley standing over him. "...no... Totoma!"

They killed him! Those bastards killed him too, from behind like a bunch of fucking cowards! She whirled around, eyes alight with a renewed fury and thirst for vengeance. Fuck her tits, she wanted that bitch's head!

She powered up and continued her rocket upward. She didn't have much power, but she didn't need to be at full power to pull her head off. Not with Ochazuke and... and...

Something was wrong. Why was she getting weaker? She wasn't that close to empty, not after she managed to dig deep and reach that extra reserve of power she always kept handy, just in case.

"You!" she snarled. It was Ishtar. She was draining her power somehow. Sarada gritted her teeth and formed an energy barrier around Ishtar's head in an attempt to cut off her oxygen supply. Onis don't need to breath, damn it! But hopefully this'll give me a chance to recover. "What? Get tired of getting your ass kicked by Sherrif Zaofan?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was so close, so tantalizingly close. The closer she got, the bigger they looked. That made sense because of perspective and all that artsy shit she didn't care about, but still. Her mouth was watering at the very thought of grabbing onto the plush, supple boobies. If she could get away with it, she could try pulling her top down to-

"Totoma?"

His power level suddenly dropped to nothing. She stopped dead in her tracks, all thought of boobs erased from her head. She turned and looked at the spot where she last saw him. She found him on the ground, a red splotch under him, with Parsley standing over him. "...no... Totoma!"

They killed him! Those bastards killed him too, from behind like a bunch of fucking cowards! She whirled around, eyes alight with a renewed fury and thirst for vengeance. Fuck her tits, she wanted that bitch's head!

She powered up and continued her rocket upward. She didn't have much power, but she didn't need to be at full power to pull her head off. Not with Ochazuke and... and...

Something was wrong. Why was she getting weaker? She wasn't that close to empty, not after she managed to dig deep and reach that extra reserve of power she always kept handy, just in case.

"You!" she snarled. It was Ishtar. She was draining her power somehow. Sarada gritted her teeth and formed an energy barrier around Ishtar's head in an attempt to cut off her oxygen supply. Onis don't need to breath, damn it! But hopefully this'll give me a chance to recover. "What? Get tired of getting your ass kicked by Sherrif Zaofan?"
    She raise a a hand, orange energy gathering at her fingertip.

“He and his will get theirs in time. Like this.”

A thin beam of Ruination lances down and rips through Sarada’s shoulder, eating away the joint.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He sighs again, rubbing at his forehead.

“Oath magic forbids my outright lying, Lady Inanna. I can misdirect, to an extent, or I can use language that hides my intent, but I cannot lie. If I did so, my Oaths would break and I would die. This is one of the pacts made with Lady Binder.”

He points.

“This portal will lead you back to your Earth. I cannot say how much time has passed, but less than a day for sure.”
    "Ah right, Faetrina's new patron." Inanna said with a chuckle. "So that's the magic she weaves..." Oath Magic. Old, and dangerous. Really made you wonder if the original shapers and creators had simply copied each other's homework.

To strive, indeed.

"In a way, I guess that makes you an Oni, doesn't it? Unable to lie, only bend the truth." What delicious irony. Though... what Earth. Universe 15's?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Totoma, you flare your power and the floating souls in front all part, gasping.

Not too far away you see a figure flying in the air towards a large structure down a long snake like highway.

The Wolf God.

Parsley, you get a bead on Totoma’s power.
    There!

She gave a glance up at Sarada and noticed that she was still heading up to face Ishtar. There was something different in her demeanor. She was too far away to notice, but it wasn't the lustful hunger that fed her charge just moments ago. If it meant she was going to fight seriously, so be it.

Perfect Intuition: Instant Transmission

Parsley vanished, from Darkle, and from the Realm of the Living.

She reappeared a literal instant later in Otherworld, right next to Totoma. "Good work, Totoma." She cut her gaze at the line she was standing beside. An endless supply of newly deceased parties, for one reason or another, stretched as her eyes could see. The sight before her took her back. She spent... hours... days... whatever in this very same line awaiting her fate. Shek'hinah took her case personally. She would have probably received her own personal torment Hell had she not.

"Now, where...There!" It didn't take long for her to find her quarry. He was quickly flying away toward that snake highway thing. The very place that she learned led right to heaven.

She powered up and flew after him. Her ax appeared in her hand, the blade gleaming as she poured power into it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ishtar stares them down, stopping her drain on Sasheem but not before getting a good deal of energy.

She looks at Ochazuke, and you get a sense or memory of great loss early on and a discovery of her Hakai well before their Inanna did. You also get a sense of...stiltedness, of hunger from her.

Blizzar, as you come back into the atmosphere you see her there confronting Sasheem and Ochazuke.

Sarada, Ishtar looks at you with her amber eyes and smiles widely.

“Well hello Saiyan. Aren’t you....delectable.”

Sarada, what little energy you have seems to start being pulled away rapidly by Ishtar’s Vitalmancy.
    It seemed that bartering for an answer with this one was going to be less that fruitful. It had been Ochazuke's aim in the use of his skill, hoping against hope to search for a reason, to hear it from the mouths of these cosmic judges themselves once he'd faced them. There was little in the way that might provide compensation for the death of his friend, but surely the Ulthan would not have acted so rashly had they any other choice.

But to see the Goddess of Runination here, and be ignored entirely, a hollow feeling began to creep through his mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    His expression went blank as the gears in his head started turning. The idea forming was crazy--absolute crazy--especially since the dragonballs were inert with no absolute guarantee that they'd ever be up and running again, but... but... the universe and beyond were in danger. Sacrifices had to be made.

And what was a hero's life but a life of sacrifice?

He sighed. "...well, according to mom, heroic people get to keep their bodies when they die, and they'll find themselves good as new when they arrive, so..."

Sighing, he completed his hare-brained, insane thought. "Kill me. Once there, I can transform as high as I can, you can lock on, get there, and we can go help Inanna's uncle."

He didn't want to die, but, hey... exploring the afterlife could be fun, and he was fairly confident he'd be revived eventually. And, well, his life was insignificant compared to the lives that could be lost by the universes being thrown into chaos.
    Totoma had an idea, and unfortunately, it was the only one that could feasibly work. Totoma was nearly as strong as she was, and should have been more than powerful enough to register more clearly to her senses from Otherworld than the likes of Sihn or, say, Rutaba or any of the slain M-Fighters. She didn't want to kill him. If there was another way for him to get there safely, she would have happily taken it. He may have been an irritating moron, but he was still an acquaintance.

They had lost enough friends that day.

Still, what she needed to do was important.

"As you wish. Just know that if there was another way, I'd take that in a heartbeat." She summoned an energy blast in her hand. "I'll make this quick and," she fired it through his chest, "painless. I'll see you soon. And thank you."
    Then, at this very moment, he felt Totoma's presence violently extinguish across the shared connection of Kizuna. In an instant, Parsley too had followed.

Death, and utter silence. Now Ishtar sought to consume Sarada's life.

Now having acquired knowledge through Banjakuza of the nature of his opponent, he act swiftly before another one would die so senselessly.

Fading out from where he stood, Ochazuke reappeared in front of Sarada and struck his hand out to intercept the energy tether with Kongosho and seized the very medium of Ishtar's Vitalmancy in his grip.

OOC: 2

Suddenly the Crimson light fades, the Banner gone, and Lantro only has what power he was able to steal now.
    Lantro sighs in relief but maintains his focus on pushing the moon downward, he combed the area, looking to see if there was a specific target he had in mind.

Totoma, you flare your power and the floating souls in front all part, gasping.

Not too far away you see a figure flying in the air towards a large structure down a long snake like highway.

The Wolf God.

Parsley, you get a bead on Totoma’s power.
    The basket's right in front of him, defenders distracted. He pushes the moon towards it's current intended target, arm outstretched as he pours more of his own power as cracks formulate through the air.

COUNTDOWN TO OMEGA DUNK: 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It seemed that bartering for an answer with this one was going to be less that fruitful. It had been Ochazuke's aim in the use of his skill, hoping against hope to search for a reason, to hear it from the mouths of these cosmic judges themselves once he'd faced them. There was little in the way that might provide compensation for the death of his friend, but surely the Ulthan would not have acted so rashly had they any other choice.

But to see the Goddess of Runination here, and be ignored entirely, a hollow feeling began to creep through his mind...

Then, at this very moment, he felt Totoma's presence violently extinguish across the shared connection of Kizuna. In an instant, Parsley too had followed.

Death, and utter silence. Now Ishtar sought to consume Sarada's life.

Now having acquired knowledge through Banjakuza of the nature of his opponent, he act swiftly before another one would die so senselessly.

Fading out from where he stood, Ochazuke reappeared in front of Sarada and struck his hand out to intercept the energy tether with Kongosho and seized the very medium of Ishtar's Vitalmancy in his grip.

OOC: 2
    She frowns as he stops the drain, countering the vitalmancy.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Ah right, Faetrina's new patron." Inanna said with a chuckle. "So that's the magic she weaves..." Oath Magic. Old, and dangerous. Really made you wonder if the original shapers and creators had simply copied each other's homework.

To strive, indeed.

"In a way, I guess that makes you an Oni, doesn't it? Unable to lie, only bend the truth." What delicious irony. Though... what Earth. Universe 15's?"
    He nods.

“Bargain struck with Lady Etrina, the door way leads to your specific Earth.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She raise a a hand, orange energy gathering at her fingertip.

“He and his will get theirs in time. Like this.”

A thin beam of Ruination lances down and rips through Sarada’s shoulder, eating away the joint.
    "Agh!" Sarada's eyes bulged out of her skull as her shoulder started eroded and rotting away. That ruination energy she had heard about; that was what it did. Eroded. Rotted. Ate away. Stopped growth. Her eyes narrowed as her good arm grabbed her wrist. With a sharp tug, she pulled her cybernetic arm free. The shoulder that was currently rotting away with Ruination was contained in a barrier, cut away from the rest of the arm, which remained in her grasp.

Cardinal Touch

"If you were capable of beating a mere human, you would have done it by now," she sneered. "Yet, you have to shack up with these losers. Tch, some god." Crimson energy coursed through the severed arm, glowing dangerously in the nighttime sky. "You're not even half the goddess my Ishtar was, never mind Inanna. No wonder you're playing lackey, because you suck. A human cut off your legs. A weaker Ishtar even stole your clone's arm. Here, let me make that up to you!"

She hurled her charged cyber arm at Ishtar, detonating it when it was within range and showering her with molten ultra katchin.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Lantro sighs in relief but maintains his focus on pushing the moon downward, he combed the area, looking to see if there was a specific target he had in mind.

The basket's right in front of him, defenders distracted. He pushes the moon towards it's current intended target, arm outstretched as he pours more of his own power as cracks formulate through the air.

COUNTDOWN TO OMEGA DUNK: 1 Post
    Lantro’s target is dead and in Otherworld. Not sure who he intends to target other than the Beast God or Ishtar at this point.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lantro’s target is dead and in Otherworld. Not sure who he intends to target other than the Beast God or Ishtar at this point.
    OOC: Oh shit, I completely forgot lol. Switch it to BEast God

There!

She gave a glance up at Sarada and noticed that she was still heading up to face Ishtar. There was something different in her demeanor. She was too far away to notice, but it wasn't the lustful hunger that fed her charge just moments ago. If it meant she was going to fight seriously, so be it.

Perfect Intuition: Instant Transmission

Parsley vanished, from Darkle, and from the Realm of the Living.

She reappeared a literal instant later in Otherworld, right next to Totoma. "Good work, Totoma." She cut her gaze at the line she was standing beside. An endless supply of newly deceased parties, for one reason or another, stretched as her eyes could see. The sight before her took her back. She spent... hours... days... whatever in this very same line awaiting her fate. Shek'hinah took her case personally. She would have probably received her own personal torment Hell had she not.

"Now, where...There!" It didn't take long for her to find her quarry. He was quickly flying away toward that snake highway thing. The very place that she learned led right to heaven.

She powered up and flew after him. Her ax appeared in her hand, the blade gleaming as she poured power into it.
    He turned and looked at her, eyes gleaming red.

“Bold, but not good enough!”

He grabs a vila of blood and throws it at her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM