Page 272 of 371 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Totoma, you get a satisfying moment as the Wolf God flies straight into the ice wall and smacks, hard, temporarily stopping him. A look of confusion fills his face, a bit of blood dripping down his nostril.

Parsley, as you try to control the blood the vila shatters and a Sarada made of Blood appears and punches you in the face, breaking your jaw.
    It stopped him, the 'Wolf God' slamming into the wall of ice with a satisfying--and hilarious--smack. It wouldn't stop him long... heck, he could even just go over it, but it was enough.

Parsley was occupied with Sarada, so...

...wait, Sarada? What the heck was going on?

Ya know what, he wasn't going to question it. It was probably the doing of the Wolf God, who needed his ass kicked again, stat. With a spinning, rising flourish of his rake, Totoma sent out a torrent of flame and light at the wall of ice, vaporizing it and engulfing the Wolf God in a stream of... well, fire, light, and super-heated steam.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

As Praxat watches through the sphere of plasma around her, that's becoming increasingly unstable. ( No, no, no please, stabilized. Why isn't it stabilizing. Come on, stabilized dammit,) Praxat thought.

" Dash, Rex, Zaofan, if any of you can hear. I'm having trouble controlling a sphere of plasma around me. I'm trying to get it stabilized, but it seems like some part of me isn't listen," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Those who don’t learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. I no longer underestimate mortals.”

Orange light gathers on her amber eyes even as I’ve starts to form on her skin.
    "Oh goodie," Sarada sneered, "so you're not as stupid as I feared."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Ah, the alternate Ishtar, is it?" said the key. A bright light erupted from it, forming into Nevanlinna, alight with ki, magic, and Hozon. She smiled mockingly at the 'goddess of ruination'. "Hello... Goddess of Ruination. I would say it's a pleasure to meet you, but lying is beneath me."

"You are familiar with a counterpart of mine, as I recall, but allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Nevanlinna... the Avatar of Preservation." Her hozon-laced aura flared, washing over the others as she lent them succor to keep them in some sort of fighting shape... as well as beat back the hakai & ruination of the 'goddess' in front of her.

...this was a bit different from what Ishtar may have encountered with the Nevanlinna of her timeline. It was purer, more potent, more... awakened to its true nature. Not completely, but the difference was noticeable.
    A familiar voice and power suddenly appearing tore Sarada's gaze from Ishtar. "Neva?" She had, admittedly, given no thought toward the Threshling Princess ever since she arrived on Reshlan some time ago. That entire period of time was a blur spent being in a complete wrathful haze. Nothing else but her thirst for revenge and her desire to avenge Jack and Eva made her disregard everything else. She didn't know what had kept her from joining the battle right from the jump, but better late than never.

Hozon washed over her and her wounds. She felt revitalized and in better fighting shape than she had just a few moments ago. "Great to see you back, Neva," she said. "Hope you got some new tricks up your sleeve. This bitch is just begging to get her ass kicked again!"

She clenched her fist. She had an idea, but didn't have the means to do it. Ishtar could absorb ki and could use her Ruination to disrupt energy. If one of those two things went away, then she could do some damage.

If Zaofan could cut her legs off, then I sure as shit can. But how did he do it?
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 12-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Inanna shrugs and makes her way towards the door.

"Well, consider this deal made. I'll do you no harm, for now. Find me on the outside, maybe we can actually come to a working relationship that doesn't end with me flaying you alive."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It does so, her Ruination barrier flickering and then fading away.
    “Those who don’t learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. I no longer underestimate mortals.”

Orange light gathers on her amber eyes even as I’ve starts to form on her skin.
    The moment the barrier fell, without so much as a repartee Ochazuke was already upon her.

Seemingly without motion, his fist flew forward, gilded in a ki locked in on neutralization, and a spark of something else.

"Ah, the alternate Ishtar, is it?" said the key. A bright light erupted from it, forming into Nevanlinna, alight with ki, magic, and Hozon. She smiled mockingly at the 'goddess of ruination'. "Hello... Goddess of Ruination. I would say it's a pleasure to meet you, but lying is beneath me."

"You are familiar with a counterpart of mine, as I recall, but allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Nevanlinna... the Avatar of Preservation." Her hozon-laced aura flared, washing over the others as she lent them succor to keep them in some sort of fighting shape... as well as beat back the hakai & ruination of the 'goddess' in front of her.

*snip*

...this was a bit different from what Ishtar may have encountered with the Nevanlinna of her timeline. It was purer, more potent, more... awakened to its true nature. Not completely, but the difference was noticeable.
    Perhaps serendipitously, Nevanlinna's sudden arrival had brought with it Hozon, and with it, stabilization of that latent Spark of Creation Evangeline had imparted to him.

Now carried in his hand, it fell upon Ishtar's face with the intent to quite literally punch the light out.

OOC: Technique Charge remains

The fire tornado has little effect on the Beast God, immune to fire as he is, but it does engulf and scatter the portal.
    "Heh."

The last attack that Zaofan could muster right now...it hadn't done a thing to this guy. But at least it wasn't in vain.

I'll leave it to you...

...wait a second. It was unconscionably silent all of a sudden. There was usually a hum, a wavelength, an unorthodox vibing of of good old fighting spirit that would clutch them out in the worst of times.

Something's not right here.

He was at the end of his rope right now. Even though he absolutely loathed it, he knew his limits. If Zaofan were to return to the fight, he'd just be getting in the way. And I can't shake this feeling...

With these enemies, Totoma and Parsley were absent. Stepping off, he started off toward where they'd previously engaged the Gallows Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    As Praxat watches through the sphere of plasma around her, that's becoming increasingly unstable. ( No, no, no please, stabilized. Why isn't it stabilizing. Come on, stabilized dammit,) Praxat thought.

" Dash, Rex, Zaofan, if any of you can hear. I'm having trouble controlling a sphere of plasma around me. I'm trying to get it stabilized, but it seems like some part of me isn't listen," Praxat said.
    Across the battlefield, a thin, golden ray flooded around the gaps in the plasma field, imparting with it The Warm Glowing Warming Glow

Zaofan had transfered Praxat a bit of his own ki, and with at least part of her personal burden relieved, perhaps she might take the time to remember the advice he'd given to her yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I'm not going to lie to you, Praxat. If even Althena doesn't know about Zawk and Vion, then they're probably not going to come back. But training yourself to fit into a mould of something that doesn't exist...that's not going to help you improve, that's just a limitation."

"Heck you're already on the right path. Wonder! Doubt! Experiment with what works and what doesn't! It's not like you fight the same way as Althena, anyways, right? So you take the principles and make them your own, that is the true essence of martial arts."

"The fact of the matter is, people do a lot of crazy things in order to get stronger. There's no shortcuts, whether that's sacrificing others, bloodletting, and signing contracts without reading the fine print. Sure you'll get something in the short term, but consider this."

"What will you ultimately learn from them that you can't already get from focusing and working hard at it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A familiar voice and power suddenly appearing tore Sarada's gaze from Ishtar. "Neva?" She had, admittedly, given no thought toward the Threshling Princess ever since she arrived on Reshlan some time ago. That entire period of time was a blur spent being in a complete wrathful haze. Nothing else but her thirst for revenge and her desire to avenge Jack and Eva made her disregard everything else. She didn't know what had kept her from joining the battle right from the jump, but better late than never.

Hozon washed over her and her wounds. She felt revitalized and in better fighting shape than she had just a few moments ago. "Great to see you back, Neva," she said. "Hope you got some new tricks up your sleeve. This bitch is just begging to get her ass kicked again!"
    "A few," she answered. Admittedly, she could still only manage crude usages of Hozon, even though she'd been "keyed in" to her greater self. It would probably take some time before she could figure out actual techniques for it... if that were indeed possible.

She did know that attempting to 'rip' the hozon from someone, as she had against Auroc, would have a severe backlash, without focusing it into a distinct technique. That was, in fact, why she'd fallen into a torpor and almost died... and she felt that the backlash would be worse now that she was more 'in-tune' with herself.

"For example..."

The moment the barrier fell, without so much as a repartee Ochazuke was already upon her.

Seemingly without motion, his fist flew forward, gilded in a ki locked in on neutralization, and a spark of something else.

Perhaps serendipitously, Nevanlinna's sudden arrival had brought with it Hozon, and with it, stabilization of that latent Spark of Creation Evangeline had imparted to him.

Now carried in his hand, it fell upon Ishtar's face with the intent to quite literally punch the light out.

Neva raised her hand toward the formidable Ochazuke. Her Hozon had stabilized... something he wielded, she could tell. It was at once familiar, yet alien to her, speaking to something deep within her subconscious... perhaps something her original self was familiar with?

That was a matter she could attend to later. Now, however...

Through the 'key' Ochazuke held, she channeled Hozon into him, to help further stabilize and restore him. And... preserve him for what she was about to do. The Martial Ascetic would, mid-strike, feel an offer, channeled through the 'key'.

Govind (Protector of the Land).

An offering power from Vaikuntha and its inhabitants, previously a way she'd empowered herself. It was temporary, of course, even in comparison to the limited time she had previously been able to sustain it, but this was meant to add her own... effort... to Ochazuke's strike.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 12-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.

"Heh."

The last attack that Zaofan could muster right now...it hadn't done a thing to this guy. But at least it wasn't in vain.

I'll leave it to you...

...wait a second. It was unconscionably silent all of a sudden. There was usually a hum, a wavelength, an unorthodox vibing of of good old fighting spirit that would clutch them out in the worst of times.

Something's not right here.

He was at the end of his rope right now. Even though he absolutely loathed it, he knew his limits. If Zaofan were to return to the fight, he'd just be getting in the way. And I can't shake this feeling...

With these enemies, Totoma and Parsley were absent. Stepping off, he started off toward where they'd previously engaged the Gallows Lord.

Across the battlefield, a thin, golden ray flooded around the gaps in the plasma field, imparting with it The Warm Glowing Warming Glow

Zaofan had transfered Praxat a bit of his own ki, and with at least part of her personal burden relieved, perhaps she might take the time to remember the advice he'd given to her yesterday.

Praxat feels a bit of Zaofan's Ki." Thanks for the assistant Zaofan. Zaofan, I remember what you said about focusing. It's time I put that in practice," Praxat said.

Praxat focuses her mind by meditating. " Now, I see. Every time I let my emotions get out of control, I been letting my power control me," Praxat said.

" It should be the other way around. This is my power! I'm the one in control! Praxat's deep focus awakens something deep inside her.

Her body starts buffing itself up and then starts using raw electromagnetic energy to compressed itself and the energy inside it. When it's over, there is no longer a sphere of plasma around Praxat.

Besides her eyes now glowing blue with bioelectricity, her body seems to look exactly the same. However, one huge difference that can be felt is that Praxat's power level has drastically increased beyond that of even Max Mode. " This power, I feel amazing, I feel like I have so much energy," Praxat said.

Praxat then with, her new awakened power forms an even stronger sphere of plasma around herself. One in which she's in control.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-22-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"A few," she answered. Admittedly, she could still only manage crude usages of Hozon, even though she'd been "keyed in" to her greater self. It would probably take some time before she could figure out actual techniques for it... if that were indeed possible.

She did know that attempting to 'rip' the hozon from someone, as she had against Auroc, would have a severe backlash, without focusing it into a distinct technique. That was, in fact, why she'd fallen into a torpor and almost died... and she felt that the backlash would be worse now that she was more 'in-tune' with herself.

"For example..."

Neva raised her hand toward the formidable Ochazuke. Her Hozon had stabilized... something he wielded, she could tell. It was at once familiar, yet alien to her, speaking to something deep within her subconscious... perhaps something her original self was familiar with?

That was a matter she could attend to later. Now, however...

Through the 'key' Ochazuke held, she channeled Hozon into him, to help further stabilize and restore him. And... preserve him for what she was about to do. The Martial Ascetic would, mid-strike, feel an offer, channeled through the 'key'.

Govind (Protector of the Land).

An offering power from Vaikuntha and its inhabitants, previously a way she'd empowered herself. It was temporary, of course, even in comparison to the limited time she had previously been able to sustain it, but this was meant to add her own... effort... to Ochazuke's strike.
    Sarada watched as Neva did... something to amp Ochazuke's strike. Whether it worked or not remained to be seen, but she was starting to form an idea. "Hey, can you amp my Hozon stuff so I can preserve a small barrier? I... have an idea, but it's pretty stupid and it'll get me killed if it doesn't work."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada watched as Neva did... something to amp Ochazuke's strike. Whether it worked or not remained to be seen, but she was starting to form an idea. "Hey, can you amp my Hozon stuff so I can preserve a small barrier? I... have an idea, but it's pretty stupid and it'll get me killed if it doesn't work."
    Amp her hozon stuff?

...not exactly the most elegant way to request things, and to be honest, Neva had to guess as to her exact meaning... but she could try. "Alright... stay still..."

She moved over to Sarada and placed her hand on her shoulder. Focusing, Neva took a tiny, infinitesimal bit of Sarada's own hozon--to no surprise, given her headstrong and persevering nature, it was a bit purer than most people's--her hozon, and a bit of Sarada's ki and weaved them together. Her hozon would provide the purity needed for greater effect, Sarada's the compatability, and the ki would be the means by which Sarada could actually manipulate the bundle of energies.

"There. Weave that ki into a technique of your choosing and the hozon--both yours and mine--will follow. It's a one-shot thing, however, so choose your course wisely."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Totoma, the Gallow’s Lord is suddenly gripping your neck, hand choking you off as he apparently managed to sled cape your rake attack.

He glared, red eyes furious.

“You won’t stop me, boy! SIHN! Come out or else I’ll slaughter every soul here like cattle!”

His grip tightens and he quickly punches Totoma in the stomach and throws him down towards Snake Way.

“SIHN!!!”

The Gallwos Lord roars and crimson light appears above him in a false moon, bathing Otherworld with its dull light. He fires a blast backwards that seems to be heading to the line of innocent souls awaiting at the check point.

Who will vanish into nothing if killed.

——————

Parsley, this Sarada is made of blood and dark crimson energy, with a smattering of magic. It seems animated by the Gallows Lord’s will.

It moves quick, limbs like extended liquid as they form into blades and begin cutting you badly with lightning whip strikes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar is about to make comment to Neva and Sarada, when Ochazuke arrives.

With a blow that literally has enough force behind it to flatten the remaining forest for a mile around and send everyone who isn’t Ochazuke backwards a bit.

The blow sends Ishtar literally flying across the sky with multiple sonic booms as she is sent flying across the planet and through multiple mountains before landing half way across the planet, digging a massive trench as she did so.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Banespell nods to Inanna’s comment and gestures for Inanna and Etrina to leave first.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Banespell nods to Inanna’s comment and gestures for Inanna and Etrina to leave first.
    Inanna simply shrugs.

"Either I'm a bigger fool than I give myself credit for, or... well, just that." Inanna comments, before stepping through.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Beast God seems engaged with the others and doesn’t notice Lantro.
    "Omega..." Lantro began...

Cracks began to form in the slies before the crimson orb. Now half bathed in Lantro's golden light and half maintaining it's blood-red glow, pieces of the sky began to shatter like glass as Lantro continued to push the 'ball' towards it's intended target. The shattered glass warped in and around Lantro as he ducked and spiralled, still holding onto the stolen Blood Moon as he poured the rest of his Super Saiyan energy until the moon contained it all and cast a large, heavy shadow over the Beast God.

Lantro began to fade in and out of consciousness himself, but he stayed the course, eyes focused on his target.

"-DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNK!"

Until it finally hit landside and regardless of whether the Beast God was hit or not, Lantro himself was sent flying.