Page 29 of 371 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca nodded her thanks and sprinted past him and down the hall.

She noticed right away that this Lookout didn't feel like any holy place she had been in, which was a few during her conquest days. These Kami and guardians were supposedly gods or had the power of gods. Like she thought before, there was nothing within their job description that required any sort of divinity or any of that nonsense. All that did was paint a target on the guardian's back and on the planet's back as a whole. Maiz was nearly taken by the Auroc and then was taken by this Koorimaru person. Neither of those would have happened if she hadn't accepted the guardianship. Avoca didn't want to question Sarada's wisdom – or whatever passed for wisdom in that woman's head – but...

Whatever.

She reached the double doors the guy talked about. "This looks to be it." With no way of knowing whether there was a trap waiting for her or not, she tried to open the doors.
    The doors open into a small building, who’s outer doors open up to an endless expanse of white nothingness.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The creature was destroyed, as was its rod. Then, in an act that wasn't that surprising considering the actions that led up to it, the Knight crushed the creature's head to end its life.

An interesting development.

"Am i to assume that you are not under Auroc's sway?" she pondered. "Or, is this an act of self-preservation in the face of overwhelming enemies? Either way, you made a good decision."

She remained powered up just in case she was wrong began walking. Her eyes fell to the floor in search of the knife and pieces of the rod.

Both seems to have been destroyed.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The doors open into a small building, who’s outer doors open up to an endless expanse of white nothingness.
    Avoca truly didn't know what to expect when she opened the doors to the small building behind the large double doors. She recalled Ronin Kai mentioning something about a Room of Spirit and Time, but those words meant nothing to her. If she had bothered giving it any thought at all, she would have just assumed it was some kind of spiritual meditation room, perhaps where this guardian retreated to to reset herself or something.

And yet, when she stepped through the double doors, what she was greeted with was beyond her wildest imaginations. It was... nothing.

Just... nothing.

As far as the eye could see, nothing but pure white emptiness. "What the hell?" she asked. She immediately recoiled when she realized that her voice was echoing deep into the distance. It was like she was floating in outer space; but even the vast emptiness of space held something. Planets, stars, spacecrafts, something. Here, there was nothing. It was mind-boggling!

She glanced from her right to her left before taking some steps forward. "Hello! Anyone here?!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With a sigh of relief, Dash relaxes slightly and takes to the air. Orientating herself in the direction fo the lookout, she begins to take flight ...

Sensing someone approaching, she changes her direction and moves in to intercept. Seeing Praxat up ahead, Dash moves in towards her, calling out as she does, "Heya, Praxy! Whatca doin out here? Am about to head for the Lookout."
    " I was worried about you, and I thought you could use my help, but it seems you're just fine. By the way, it's fucking cold here. I can feel the cold, rapidly zapping away my energy," Praxat said.

" If I take any more of this cold, I'll feel like my body will go into hibernation. Dash, I have been cooped up in my lab. I can you inform me of what has transpired so for?" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I was worried about you, and I thought you could use my help, but it seems you're just fine. By the way, it's fucking cold here. I can feel the cold, rapidly zapping away my energy," Praxat said.

" If I take any more of this cold, I'll feel like my body will go into hibernation. Dash, I have been cooped up in my lab. I can you inform me of what has transpired so for?" Praxat said.
    "We'll talk on our way back. Come on." Dash then started the flight back to the Lookout, going slowly at first until Praxat was flying along side her then picking up some speed.

As they traveled, "Ah ain't sure what's goin on at the Lookout. Was too busy dealin with a Smoke Creature. Ah got him sealed up tight in that glacier, an just you an me knows he's there so don't go an tell anyone."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Both seems to have been destroyed.
    "Tch. What a waste," she muttered. Both the rod and knife had both been destroyed in the attacks that saw the near end of the creature's life. While Parsley didn't need any more weapons, they both would have made for excellent keepsakes. Now, such wasn't possible.

With a shake of her head, she picked up whatever pieces remained -- perhaps she could combine them into something worth presenting on her mantle -- then returned to the others. From what she heard, Captain Siew had a powerful will to be able to resist Auroc's influence for as long as she had. It was an impressive feat, even if Auroc wasn't nearly as powerful as he made himself out to be.

She stood nearby, arms folded over her chest, and waited for the thrall to be released from her mental bondage. Perhaps then they could get some answers as to the Threshling's business on Earth. She already knew they wanted Pants and Eva, but the reason was unknown. Pants' involvement was simple; it seemed that everyone wanted him for his intelligence. Eva, on the other hand, was a mystery. If they learned that, then they would know his intentions for Maiz, had he succeeded in taking her away.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Siew nods.

“Compulsion....is strong. If you can remove it...Princess...or Lady Inanna..now would be wise.”

She grips the bow tighter.
    Remove it... hm.

After a bit of thought, she nodded and approached Siew. When she reached the Knight, Nevanlinna reached up and placed her hands gently on the helmet--or whatever remained of it--almost like cupping someone's cheeks.

Taking a deep breath, she reached out to Vaikuntha--and its inhabitants to lend her their power. As it had against Vocado's invaders, that great power answered and began to flow through her, though it was less wild than before. Honestly, it was almost calming.

"This may be uncomfortable, but please endure."

And with that, she activated her Null Magic Field, the ability manifesting initially as a sphere of monochrome centered upon Nevanlinna, then compressing upon Siew until it barely extended beyond the Knight's body. Hopefully, this would work to push back and dispel Auroc's compulsion... assuming it was magical in nature. To amplify her efforts, she drew up even greater amounts of power than she had against Auroc. This was, of course, monumentally dangerous at worst, given her condition, but she wanted desperately to free her brethren from Auroc's domination.

'Be free...'
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-01-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"Knight Captain Siew, a pleasure." Inanna said, after the specter had been annihilated. "Inanna will do, I'm not much for formality anymore." Touching back down onto the Lookout, the golden eyed woman nodded toward Nevanlinna- who while in relatively bad shape was not dead, like she'd feared- before returning focus to Siew.

"I can put an end to the possession, it'll be messy though."

Not bothering to wait for an answer, Inanna rammed two fingers into her leg. "For me, anyway. Blood Magic is rather pesky after all." Using the font of energy to call upon the arcane, the woman the struck Siew between the eyes with the same spell she'd used to free both Nei K'lot, and the swath of possessed/corrupted Knights on Vocado. "Mm~ that should do it."

Of course, this post is dependent on whether or not Nevanlinna manages to free her. Please use that one first.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"We'll talk on our way back. Come on." Dash then started the flight back to the Lookout, going slowly at first until Praxat was flying along side her then picking up some speed.

As they traveled, "Ah ain't sure what's goin on at the Lookout. Was too busy dealin with a Smoke Creature. Ah got him sealed up tight in that glacier, an just you an me knows he's there so don't go an tell anyone."

" I see. Well, after I took Wilhelm to a hospital. I went back to Capsule Corp to analyze this material at my Lab," Praxat said.

Praxat shows Dash the shimmery black material." I know that it's light reflective and light. That it feels like liquid silk to the touch. I know it's part of a stealth suit that would be able to block all types of sensing aside from actual visual or mechanical means," Praxat said.

" I'm hoping to get a Threshling to talk and tell me where the resources to make this material can be found. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the smoke creature's location, you have my word," Praxat said.

"This is my first time being in a place like this, but I can tell that this is probably my least favorite place on Earth," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

" I see. Well, after I took Wilhelm to a hospital. I went back to Capsule Corp to analyze this material at my Lab," Praxat said.

Praxat shows Dash the shimmery black material." I know that it's light reflective and light. That it feels like liquid silk to the touch. I know it's part of a stealth suit that would be able to block all types of sensing aside from actual visual or mechanical means," Praxat said.

" I'm hoping to get a Threshling to talk and tell me where the resources to make this material can be found. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the smoke creature's location, you have my word," Praxat said.

"This is my first time being in a place like this, but I can tell that this is probably my least favorite place on Earth," Praxat said.
    With a wry smile, "Instead if a stealth suit, maybe what you need is an environmental suit. Somethin that keeps you warm in the cold and cool in the heat." Still, Dash was intrigued at the possibilities material like that Threshling cloth might provide.

Looking ahead, Dash could now see signs of the Lookout in the distance, "Let's pick up some speed, we're almost there an they may still need help." with that she started to fly a little faster.

Avoca truly didn't know what to expect when she opened the doors to the small building behind the large double doors. She recalled Ronin Kai mentioning something about a Room of Spirit and Time, but those words meant nothing to her. If she had bothered giving it any thought at all, she would have just assumed it was some kind of spiritual meditation room, perhaps where this guardian retreated to to reset herself or something.

And yet, when she stepped through the double doors, what she was greeted with was beyond her wildest imaginations. It was... nothing.

Just... nothing.

As far as the eye could see, nothing but pure white emptiness. "What the hell?" she asked. She immediately recoiled when she realized that her voice was echoing deep into the distance. It was like she was floating in outer space; but even the vast emptiness of space held something. Planets, stars, spacecrafts, something. Here, there was nothing. It was mind-boggling!

She glanced from her right to her left before taking some steps forward. "Hello! Anyone here?!"
    Idly following Avoca, Lantro glanced around at the endless expanse, hands in his pockets. "They have things like this just sitting on Earth?" He wondered aloud. "You'd think things like this'd be better hidden in case the enemy team scouts you out."

With a wry smile, "Instead if a stealth suit, maybe what you need is an environmental suit. Somethin that keeps you warm in the cold and cool in the heat." Still, Dash was intrigued at the possibilities material like that Threshling cloth might provide.

Looking ahead, Dash could now see signs of the Lookout in the distance, "Let's pick up some speed, we're almost there an they may still need help." with that she started to fly a little faster.
    " This attire I'm wearing right now was designed by my sister Draxat. It's not an environmental suit, but it is very elastic, highly breathable, and excellent for use underwater. Yeah, an environmental suit would be a good idea," Praxat said.

" However, such a suit would also have to be very elastic, highly breathable, and would need to keep my body moist. An environmental suit would beat having to use Boost mode or Max mode to keep me warm," Praxat said.

After regaining a bit of her energy back, Praxat starts to pick up speed and starts flying faster.
    My Forum check it out

" This attire I'm wearing right now was designed by my sister Draxat. It's not an environmental suit, but it is very elastic, highly breathable, and excellent for use underwater. Yeah, an environmental suit would be a good idea," Praxat said.

" However, such a suit would also have to be very elastic, highly breathable, and would need to keep my body moist. An environmental suit would beat having to use Boost mode or Max mode to keep me warm," Praxat said.

After regaining a bit of her energy back, Praxat starts to pick up speed and starts flying faster.
    In minutes the two arrived at the Lookout, actually above and several feet away. Holding Praxat back, Dash scanned the area to see what's going on. If there were still fights down there, bests she scope them out before walking into one blind.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-03-2020 at 03:40 AM.

The feathers do just enough that the three are relatively unharmed as the Knight is suddenly forcefully teleported into the grapplers embrace instead, where Parsley had been.
    "Most fortunate..."

She had been expecting to be skewered by countless needles, but others had arrived to join the battle. Soon enough, the smoke would settle, finding them victorious... perhaps? There was still the issue of finding Eva's whereabouts. Glancing to Jack Nunlil, she spoke, "I apologize, but I am not so gifted in the healing arts. If you inform me as of Kami Eva's direction, I will continue the fight... if there is one to be had at this point."

In minutes the two arrived at the Lookout, actually above and several feet away. Holding Praxat back, Dash scanned the area to see what's going on. If there were still fights down there, bests she scope them out before walking into one blind.
    Praxat does the same and turns on her goggles' X-Ray vision.
    My Forum check it out