Page 290 of 371 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is.

It’s not his shadow. It’s someone else’s.
    Someone else's shadow? Was that even possible? She was looking directly at it, so it was, but how? Possession? Not a shape-shifter... Hm.

Parsley shifted her posture slightly, giving off a more amicable and non-threatening aura. "We should be leaving shortly. Banespell was arrested by his people and will be punished for his actions," she informed him as a means to further disarm the situation. "Sihn is safe, thanks to us, and Inanna and Etrina are safe and sound. All in all, it was a successful campaign."

While she was speaking, she focused her magical senses on the shadow again. She also buffered them with Observational Insight the watch back to see why exactly the creature possessed Totoma's body.

Toki Yo Tomare + Observational Insight
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Whis and Vados both bow back.

“Lord Crazy Horn, forgive our intrusion to your work. My brother and I were visiting our father, the Grand Priest, when Held appeared in a guest bedroom here. He has a connection to our Angelic nature, and thus in his current state of flux ended up here instead of the Afterlife proper. We believe he shall return to the living soon, and we offered to train him since in some way he is connected to us and we would like to explore that aspect. When we discovered he was of the Unicorn Clan, we could not turn away the prospect of meeting a descendant of our long list steeds and friends. Truly, seeing you brings back many fond and old memories.” Vados says, smiling warmly.
    Crazy Horn blinked absently for several moments as he processed the intention behind his summoning from Vados. He starred at the angelic pair for what seemed like an eternity, expecting them to crack into uproarious laughter at any given moment.

No such thing occurred.

He turned his gaze to the Nevadian. Held shrugged weakly in response. Which was no surprise, given the Nevadians penchant for talking about himself, he would likely never have ceased mentioning an angelic connection he was aware of.

It was also of some great shock to Crazy Horn, of course, but only fitting.

"If you would give me a moment." Crazy Horn politely requested, turning away the the pair, and walking towards Held at a casual trot.

Their eyes met, as Crazy Horn met with the Nevadian, their faces mere inches apart.

"...You don't want to do it?" Held inquired, "I--"

"You are doing this." Crazy Horn informed him, "I will assist you, and you will carry out whatever training or task is assigned to you, to the upmost of your abilities."

Held opened his mouth to reply, but Crazy Horn would not brook a discussion at this moment.

"I have indulged your lackadaisical drunken slackery to this point, and even your forgoing your training in the name of mundane bureaucracy, as I am gracious. But I will not have you dishonor the both of us in this house, in front of our Angelic Hosts. You may be utterly unaware of their true significance, but the idea of them is as revered to my people, as my people are to yours....No. Even more so."

Steam escaped the nostrils of the Lord of The Sunlit Plane, slightly searing Held's cheek. "In this place, more than any other, your failures are my failures. They seem to deem you worthy of their time, and you will not waste it, or disappoint them, or myself."

His horn glowed with a murderous light as his gaze hardened.

"I do not believe I've ever impaled a spirit with this glorious horn, Held. Perhaps I have....I've destroyed so many beings over the ages, perhaps more than you have had drinks. How could I possibly recall them all?"

"Uhh..." Held mumbled weekly.

"What happens to a spirit if it is destroyed, Held? Do you know?"

"....No. It's never come up until Now..."

"Would you like to know, Held?"

The question and it's implication was not lost on the Nevadian.

"....So. Maximum effort, then?" Held asked nervously, rubbing the side of his neck.

"No. Even further beyond that."

The Nevadian nodded his head in agreement.

Good Grief..

"We have fought countless battles side by side, and trained innumerable hours together. I will know when you are simply...'going through the motions' as your people say."

The deathly silence existed between the two for a moment, before Crazy Horn turned, returning to the Angels.

"As unworthy as both I, and my charge are, I will do as you have requested. My only hope is that we are not found lacking."

Held gulped slightly, as he could practically hear the words radiating from within Crazy Horns skull, despite being unspoken.

Or Else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Inanna's answer was a rambling mass of confusion and it was going to take a minute for Sarada to sort through it all. First thing first, the secrets hadn't been kept long. A few months at most. At this point, where she had no choice but to tell the truth or just dig herself deeper into the **** pile, Sarada could trust that Inanna was being honest.

It started after she met the Palantine. That much Sarada already knew. At the time, Inanna was short on details, and Sarada was busy with Queen ****, so she didn't really bother to press her for answers. She felt she didn't have to, so why would she? What a mistake that was.

Okay. Whatever Inanna was hiding, she found out during or right after she traveled to see the various Palantines. Whatever it was, it was so harrowing that even then, she hesitated to speak about it. Hesitation wasn't something she indulged in.

She gritted her teeth and looked away. As much as she wanted to smack some courage into Inanna and tell her to grow a set, she couldn't bring herself to yell and scream. Not right then.

"Hesitating isn't like you," she said tersely. She must have had a good reason. Whatever it was, it had to do with the Palantine, and it was more dangerous with Eldfen free. "Is it something that will put the universe in danger if it gets out?"
    This much at least was easy to explain.

"Yes," Inanna said with a nod. "When the Palatine separated after the defeat of Eldfen, they took his Dragonballs with them; hoping that they'd never be reunited and wished upon. Two individuals in particular, took this far more seriously than the rest... and in the end, are believed to have died the location of the last of these Dragonballs dying with them."

There was an unspoken implication here, one that Inanna hoped was at least easy to pick up on.

"One of them was my brother... Durga."

Sarada would at least know how important family was to Inanna, she had very little of it. Whether or not she was okay with being kept in the dark, was another matter entirely and one Inanna was more than willing to pay the consequences for... but the former Oni felt at least it was necessary, for them all to understand why she did what she did.

As for the second thing... the only other time Inanna/Ishtar said they were afraid was when they first met Genesis. She admitted to Sarada freely that the then mysterious being was so powerful, it scared her. Sarada couldn't believe it, but soon found out she had reason to be so afraid. With that in mind, there were only a few reasons Inanna was afraid to talk about it. Either it was so horrible, she couldn't bear to speak about it... or it was so horrible, she couldn't bear to speak about it to her. Either way, Sarada wanted to know about it, fear or not.

"And the second thing?"
    Inanna's head bobbed in understanding.

Whether or not she wished it, Sarada would drag this out of her kicking and screaming. Some manner of explanation was required; so with a pain-wracked sigh the woman offered it. "A... relic from when the Universe was young, when there were no Dragonballs. I'm not sure where it came from beyond where it was found, but I suspect it is tied to the origin of Blood Magic as we know it in Universe 15; as it draws power and grants wishes from the practice. Has been drawing power... for millions of years."

In truth, Inanna understood it little beyond that; and only that much, because she's warred briefly with the being last in possession of it*.

"I have it hidden, in a place where its whispers can only reach me. There it will stay until I can deal with it. Not you, or Parsley, or anyone else." The Ossuary was her burden. Had to be. It was the only way she could be okay with having taught Blood Magic to others.

*OT: Maybe if the writer of this post wasn't a big doofus, the story would actually be readable in Part 3.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT:

I’m a bit lost. Did I forget this Ossuary thing?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

I’m a bit lost. Did I forget this Ossuary thing?
    OT: Yea, we talked about it like... almost a year and a half ago?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT: Yea, we talked about it like... almost a year and a half ago?
    I might need a refresher.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Someone else's shadow? Was that even possible? She was looking directly at it, so it was, but how? Possession? Not a shape-shifter... Hm.

Parsley shifted her posture slightly, giving off a more amicable and non-threatening aura. "We should be leaving shortly. Banespell was arrested by his people and will be punished for his actions," she informed him as a means to further disarm the situation. "Sihn is safe, thanks to us, and Inanna and Etrina are safe and sound. All in all, it was a successful campaign."

While she was speaking, she focused her magical senses on the shadow again. She also buffered them with Observational Insight the watch back to see why exactly the creature possessed Totoma's body.

Toki Yo Tomare + Observational Insight
    You get the impression of a....female? Yes, a female form for sure. For a brief moment you see this:

Seeing that, Parsley, you suddenly feel hypnotic eyes latch onto your mind and tell you that there isn’t anything to see.

Move along, Totoma’s fine. Everything is fine and as it should be.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 01-07-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This much at least was easy to explain.

"Yes," Inanna said with a nod. "When the Palatine separated after the defeat of Eldfen, they took his Dragonballs with them; hoping that they'd never be reunited and wished upon. Two individuals in particular, took this far more seriously than the rest... and in the end, are believed to have died the location of the last of these Dragonballs dying with them."

There was an unspoken implication here, one that Inanna hoped was at least easy to pick up on.

"One of them was my brother... Durga."

Sarada would at least know how important family was to Inanna, she had very little of it. Whether or not she was okay with being kept in the dark, was another matter entirely and one Inanna was more than willing to pay the consequences for... but the former Oni felt at least it was necessary, for them all to understand why she did what she did.
    The first thing was the location of Eldfen's dragonballs. She already knew the Palantine's had them and took steps to secure Vocado's ball, which had been hidden in a secret location only those seated upon the throne knew about. Sarada told Ishtar, because after her herself, the Oni was the most capable person to guard it in case anything happened to Sarada. No one it existed except Mato and Becbaga knew, having been the previous two monarchs. They didn't, however, know where Sarada hid it.

Inanna knew where the remaining living ones were, as well as the location of the dragonballs, she assumed. That one was her own brother showed she was desperate for that information to not get out.

"I understand," she said. "This is fair."

Inanna's head bobbed in understanding.

Whether or not she wished it, Sarada would drag this out of her kicking and screaming. Some manner of explanation was required; so with a pain-wracked sigh the woman offered it. "A... relic from when the Universe was young, when there were no Dragonballs. I'm not sure where it came from beyond where it was found, but I suspect it is tied to the origin of Blood Magic as we know it in Universe 15; as it draws power and grants wishes from the practice. Has been drawing power... for millions of years."

In truth, Inanna understood it little beyond that; and only that much, because she's warred briefly with the being last in possession of it*.

"I have it hidden, in a place where its whispers can only reach me. There it will stay until I can deal with it. Not you, or Parsley, or anyone else." The Ossuary was her burden. Had to be. It was the only way she could be okay with having taught Blood Magic to others.

*OT: Maybe if the writer of this post wasn't a big doofus, the story would actually be readable in Part 3.
    Sarada could feel the fear, the despair coursing through Inanna as she gave her a brief summary of what this object was. A device from before dragonballs - meaning possibly older than Eldfen himself - that had been drawing power from... Blood Magic for millions of years. No doubt it was incredibly, immensely powerful. It could grant wishes. Something that powerful they could grant wishes, Sarada could see why Inanna would keep something like that hidden from everyone.

Sarada wanted to ask questions. How did she come across it? Where did she hide it? What were these whispers telling her? Was she afraid of this object because of those whispers, or just afraid of it becoming common knowledge and being sought out? So many things were running through her mind, but she relented.

"I see."

In the end, Sarada understood the need to keep matters to herself, both for security and safety. These two matters, especially the first, fell in at least one or the other, so she didn't press any further.

"I'm sorry," she said, her gaze rising so she could look her in the eye. "I should have known you wouldn't keep **** from me if it wasn't important."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Crazy Horn blinked absently for several moments as he processed the intention behind his summoning from Vados. He starred at the angelic pair for what seemed like an eternity, expecting them to crack into uproarious laughter at any given moment.

No such thing occurred.

He turned his gaze to the Nevadian. Held shrugged weakly in response. Which was no surprise, given the Nevadians penchant for talking about himself, he would likely never have ceased mentioning an angelic connection he was aware of.

It was also of some great shock to Crazy Horn, of course, but only fitting.

"If you would give me a moment." Crazy Horn politely requested, turning away the the pair, and walking towards Held at a casual trot.

Their eyes met, as Crazy Horn met with the Nevadian, their faces mere inches apart.

"...You don't want to do it?" Held inquired, "I--"

"You are doing this." Crazy Horn informed him, "I will assist you, and you will carry out whatever training or task is assigned to you, to the upmost of your abilities."

Held opened his mouth to reply, but Crazy Horn would not brook a discussion at this moment.

"I have indulged your lackadaisical drunken slackery to this point, and even your forgoing your training in the name of mundane bureaucracy, as I am gracious. But I will not have you dishonor the both of us in this house, in front of our Angelic Hosts. You may be utterly unaware of their true significance, but the idea of them is as revered to my people, as my people are to yours....No. Even more so."

Steam escaped the nostrils of the Lord of The Sunlit Plane, slightly searing Held's cheek. "In this place, more than any other, your failures are my failures. They seem to deem you worthy of their time, and you will not waste it, or disappoint them, or myself."

His horn glowed with a murderous light as his gaze hardened.

"I do not believe I've ever impaled a spirit with this glorious horn, Held. Perhaps I have....I've destroyed so many beings over the ages, perhaps more than you have had drinks. How could I possibly recall them all?"

"Uhh..." Held mumbled weekly.

"What happens to a spirit if it is destroyed, Held? Do you know?"

"....No. It's never come up until Now..."

"Would you like to know, Held?"

The question and it's implication was not lost on the Nevadian.

"....So. Maximum effort, then?" Held asked nervously, rubbing the side of his neck.

"No. Even further beyond that."

The Nevadian nodded his head in agreement.

Good Grief..

"We have fought countless battles side by side, and trained innumerable hours together. I will know when you are simply...'going through the motions' as your people say."

The deathly silence existed between the two for a moment, before Crazy Horn turned, returning to the Angels.

"As unworthy as both I, and my charge are, I will do as you have requested. My only hope is that we are not found lacking."

Held gulped slightly, as he could practically hear the words radiating from within Crazy Horns skull, despite being unspoken.

Or Else.
    “Excellent!”

Whis waves his staff and the four appear on a beautiful planet amidst a breathtaking forest and waterfall nearby.

“Training begins!”

———————

Miburo, I leave the training up to you from this point. We can leave it vague or however you’d like.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

You get the impression of a....female? Yes, a female form for sure. For a brief moment you see this:

Seeing that, Parsley, you suddenly feel hypnotic eyes latch onto your mind and tell you that there isn’t anything to see.

Move along, Totoma’s fine. Everything is fine and as it should be.
    There! That was it! That was the creature Parsley had been looking for. She had known something was amiss.

Nothing is wrong.

Totoma's body was fine, but it was being controlled by some otherworldly, shadowy force. A woman, from the looks of it.

Everything looks to be okay.

She tried to speak, to inform the others near her thst something wasn't right, but when she opened her mouth, a lie came out. "Everything looks to be okay with you."

No, everything was not okay!

Those eyes... This horrible, hypnotic amber eyes bored into Parsley even as she peered through time and cast her preternatural gaze upon it. Hypnotic, telling her to move on, that all was as it should have been.

Her mind's control over the information was slipping. Her body was beginning to turn away, to head towards the others, but a small piece of her chose to resist.

Ultra Elite Restored
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There! That was it! That was the creature Parsley had been looking for. She had known something was amiss.

Nothing is wrong.

Totoma's body was fine, but it was being controlled by some otherworldly, shadowy force. A woman, from the looks of it.

Everything looks to be okay.

She tried to speak, to inform the others near her thst something wasn't right, but when she opened her mouth, a lie came out. "Everything looks to be okay with you."

No, everything was not okay!

Those eyes... This horrible, hypnotic amber eyes bored into Parsley even as she peered through time and cast her preternatural gaze upon it. Hypnotic, telling her to move on, that all was as it should have been.

Her mind's control over the information was slipping. Her body was beginning to turn away, to head towards the others, but a small piece of her chose to resist.

Ultra Elite Restored
    Relax. All is well. Relax, it’s time to go home. Relax.’

The thought repeated over and over in her head even as Totoma smiled. Parsley, your mind knows what is going on but your body relaxes, your head nodding.

“Man, I can’t wait to go home. Who’s taking us? I, ahh, I don’t think I can get there by myself.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Relax. All is well. Relax, it’s time to go home. Relax.’

The thought repeated over and over in her head even as Totoma smiled. Parsley, your mind knows what is going on but your body relaxes, your head nodding.

“Man, I can’t wait to go home. Who’s taking us? I, ahh, I don’t think I can get there by myself.”
    Parsley's body relaxed. It decided that all was well and to let the matter go. Her mind, on the other hand, knew exacy what was going on.

That was all she needed.

'Inanna, Totoma's body has been taken over by a shadow creature. Tell the others. Be ready.'

To be clear, she had to explain the situation to the others. She didn't want to, as explaining why she has to kill one of their friends wasn't going to go well, especially with the tension so high.

'I had to kill Totoma to send him to Otherworld. Wolf God allowed him and Sarada to kill him so he could kill Sihn when he arrived in Otherworld. Totoma let me kill him to give me a power to lock onto so I could get there and stop him. Someone has taken over his body, a shadow creature with a hypnotic gaze. She has to be stopped before we get back to Earth.'

With that done, she had to do her part. She maintained her gaze upon the creature, but decided to test out if she had some measure of control.

Can she transform into Super Saiyan?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley's body relaxed. It decided that all was well and to let the matter go. Her mind, on the other hand, knew exacy what was going on.

That was all she needed.

'Inanna, Totoma's body has been taken over by a shadow creature. Tell the others. Be ready.'

To be clear, she had to explain the situation to the others. She didn't want to, as explaining why she has to kill one of their friends wasn't going to go well, especially with the tension so high.

'I had to kill Totoma to send him to Otherworld. Wolf God allowed him and Sarada to kill him so he could kill Sihn when he arrived in Otherworld. Totoma let me kill him to give me a power to lock onto so I could get there and stop him. Someone has taken over his body, a shadow creature with a hypnotic gaze. She has to be stopped before we get back to Earth.'

With that done, she had to do her part. She maintained her gaze upon the creature, but decided to test out if she had some measure of control.

Can she transform into Super Saiyan?
    She cannot.

Mostly because the creature has been siphoning power from everyone present in very subtle and minute ways, but enough that it’s claws had gotten into their energy reserves and now they cannot power up unless it lets them.

It is not letting Parsley. It does sense her attempt though.

Totoma smiles at her.

“I wonder......”

He concentrates, and a Void Lens appears.

“Hey! I think if I try hard enough, I can use this to get home. Hmm.....but I need line of sight. Ahh, I bet I can use the Lookout as a focus.”

He mutters and starts concentrating on the Void Lens.

Praxat nearby is also unable to transform or power up either.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Mostly because the creature has been siphoning power from everyone present in very subtle and minute ways, but enough that it’s claws had gotten into their energy reserves and now they cannot power up unless it lets them.
    OT: I'd note Inanna has a tech specifically to block this, she'd have picked up on the attempt.

Arx Inosaan

OOC:

Totoma's possessed by that vampire chick that Ishtar & Asha'rah fought/murked in Arc 1, lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.