Page 316 of 371 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "You would know much of these matters, wouldn't you," Ochazuke repled, "even if they were taken from the souls you claimed."

A small shift fell between the ropes that wrapped his hands. Perhaps at this juncture, after a year's time of deaths and rebirths, Widow's Strife might recognize it as the single tell that a strike was coming.

"A thousand lifetimes you'd gambled with and none of them your own."

His expression furrowed at the mention of Simon Battersea.

"You were the Soul Meister's first choice for this mission. But for the martial lineage of the Master, even I might be persuaded." Even death itself could not take Kevi; this was a banishment between realms.

"What does he intend to do by disrupting the afterlife and the Oni?"
    She shakes her head.

“I don’t ask questions. I was offered a chance and I took it.”

Her eyes take a certain gleam however, one indicating she still had something worthwhile to say.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Because you and he fought us, I presume?" By 'us', Parsley was referring to all the M Fighters except her. She had never met Battersea, and hadn't fought Kevi until Darkle. "Imagine giving up so much, only to end up exactly where you were before. How sad."

Interesting.

She was curious as to where that individual was. If it was possible, she would very much like to cross a potential enemy off their never-ending list before he became a problem for the whole of their still fractured group. "Where is this Meister? I'd like to a have a word with him."
    She shrugs.

“His carved out place? Or perhaps he has stepped out. He comes and goes.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Time Period 1: One Month In

Parsley would readily admit that she hadn't spoken to any normal humans since the family she murdered years ago and the waiter she threatened to murder. Thus, she would be the first to admit that she was thoroughly out of touch with the people that inhabited that planet. She knew of Eldfen's machinations, but wasn't aware of the ill effects it had on the human race outside of the obvious and blatant. To only be secondhand citizens on their own world; it was a sad existence that many didn't even realize they were living.

The mind of a human was, evidently, very different from a Saiyan. The line of people willing and able to fight for their neighbors and home would have been endless. Yet, if Ochazuke was to be believed, only a handful were willing. On their own terms at that. She didn't know what he was implying, but it made her raise an eyebrow all the same.

"Who are these ones willing to fight?" she pondered. She assumed they were practitioners of these ten martial arts schools she had heard about. If so, then they would suffice for right then.

"As for Jinzi, I have little doubt your people will listen to him. He's the most famous human in the galaxy - possibly universe. I can't imagine what his popularity is here on Earth. Regardless, I can imagine them rallying behind him. And with us vouching for him, that should push him over the top."

She shrugged. She would never pretend to know or understand how Earth politics worked. She assumed they didn't choose their leader by means of a massive fighting tournament, with the winner taking the crown.
    As if to answer her query, the door to the stacks behind them suddenly opened.

A woman with long auburn hair and olive complexion moved on regimented, marching steps, as if keeping time to measured minutes. She was taller than Parsley, and by the scars on her frame borne equally of misfortune and experience. Her eyes widened at the sight of the Saiyan, but she said nothing. Despite her bearing, her presence had been strangely diminished; it was nigh unreadable from the outset until she entered. Yet by the subtleties in her posture, a keen eye would discern without mistake that this one was always ready to fight.

Ochazuke stood and handed the two sealed letters and a copy of Auroc's Journal to the woman. Folding their hands silently, they exchanged a short nod and bow, and though her eyes never left the Saiyan, the uncomfortable silence reigned, before she snatched a cap over her head and threw a well-worn jacket over her shoulders; its left sleeve mottled as it caught the light, looking such that had been stripped of something recently. Without so much as a word, she departed, and with her much of the silent tension in the room.

"Pantaloon will do his part for the common man, he always will," Ochazuke continued, "But though he'll do all in his power to shelter and save everybody, he's not a fighter. Still, we are not without our ways, though it goes without saying there is much work to be done. This is our world, we cannot depend on the whims of others to save it."

Moreover, far more things he'd yet to resolve since before he'd even been aware of this convoluted web of Guardians and Offworlders.

"The GP have taken it upon themselves to return the Dragonballs to Earth. Not even Evangeline seems sure why they've scattered across the universe, but they should be returned shortly," he said. "Which brings us to our next point, we'll have three wishes to use."

Default Time Period 3: Some Months In

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She shakes her head.

“I don’t ask questions. I was offered a chance and I took it.”

Her eyes take a certain gleam however, one indicating she still had something worthwhile to say.
    Ochazuke narrowed his eyes. Faced with damnation eternal, anybody would become desperate, certainly. That did not, however, mean they were without their wits.

"Let me rephrase this in a manner even you would be remiss to misunderstand. Evidently, the Soul Meister had designs for you and Battersea," he said.

Of course, with more power than she ever had in her first several unlives, the first thing Kevi did in Totoma's body was seek to obtain more. Regardless, her lies had bound her, and this time, he let the departed champion's name hang in the air for a moment.

Falling the sense of Kyokushin Keihatsu upon her, he studied her reaction through the fluctuations of her very spiritual energy as he pored over Kevi's features.

"Do not trifle with us any further, Stalker. Apropos of nothing, it was you who offered his name freely. You'd met Simon before."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She shrugs.

“His carved out place? Or perhaps he has stepped out. He comes and goes.”
    "The Hell he presumes to call home." A being who could come into HFIL and leave freely was nothing new; she herself was capable of it with a measure of effort. However, she was wary of one who could bestow upon others that same freedom. Whatever his intentions were with the information given to him by Battersea, Kevi, and the numerous other souls he allowed to leave, he was nearing the end of his rope. Parsley didn't intend on leaving Otherworld while he still lived.

I supposed it will take more doing than simply killing him. One who can simply walk out can't be threatened with mere death.

"What other information do you have about this Meister? Perhaps anything about this cabal he's a part of?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke narrowed his eyes. Faced with damnation eternal, anybody would become desperate, certainly. That did not, however, mean they were without their wits.

"Let me rephrase this in a manner even you would be remiss to misunderstand. Evidently, the Soul Meister had designs for you and Battersea," he said.

Of course, with more power than she ever had in her first several unlives, the first thing Kevi did in Totoma's body was seek to obtain more. Regardless, her lies had bound her, and this time, he let the departed champion's name hang in the air for a moment.

Falling the sense of Kyokushin Keihatsu upon her, he studied her reaction through the fluctuations of her very spiritual energy as he pored over Kevi's features.

"Do not trifle with us any further, Stalker. Apropos of nothing, it was you who offered his name freely. You'd met Simon before."
    “Yes, I had. I encountered him when I served under the not-Fife. I knew of his martial prowess and his martial.......lineage. The Soul Meister knew me, knew me well somehow, though I know not how, and when I mentioned Battersea by name as a potential....escapee, he was intrigued. He was interested in the Schools for some reason, and Battersea was eager to escape.”

Your senses say she seems honest.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 03-16-2021 at 04:10 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"The Hell he presumes to call home." A being who could come into HFIL and leave freely was nothing new; she herself was capable of it with a measure of effort. However, she was wary of one who could bestow upon others that same freedom. Whatever his intentions were with the information given to him by Battersea, Kevi, and the numerous other souls he allowed to leave, he was nearing the end of his rope. Parsley didn't intend on leaving Otherworld while he still lived.

I supposed it will take more doing than simply killing him. One who can simply walk out can't be threatened with mere death.

"What other information do you have about this Meister? Perhaps anything about this cabal he's a part of?"
    She shrugs.

“Not one I know of or recognize. It was not Earth based at least. Not that this Meister was human, blue skinned as he was.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She shrugs.

“Not one I know of or recognize. It was not Earth based at least. Not that this Meister was human, blue skinned as he was.”
    Her eyes narrowed. "Blue-skinned. With white hair?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Her eyes narrowed. "Blue-skinned. With white hair?"
    Kevi pauses, suspicious.

“Of sorts. He was balding, but he did have some white hair.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kevi pauses, suspicious.

“Of sorts. He was balding, but he did have some white hair.”
    "Tch. He's an Angel."

That changed everything. Whatever confidence she held about her chances against the Soul Meister was gone. The fact that neither Kevi nor Battersea had done battle with her at all - or after their release in the former's case - the Meister would have had no idea who she was and what her abilities were. She would have had an advantage.

Against an Angel, it likely would have made no difference. She wasn't sure if Stine's possession of both Creation and Hakai was the norm with Angels or something unique to him, but she wasn't taking any chances.

"If a rogue Angel wants information on us, that can't be good."

There weren't many rogue angels out there. She pulled out Auroc's journal and flipped to the section about Angels. Stine was imprisoned, as she and Inanna saw to that themselves. Ale, Mead, and Inslay were either recalled or unaccounted for as far as the smitten Majin was concerned. That left Sakin and Lampton. The latter was training Inanna. The former was a complete unknown.

"Could it be that Sakin is finally making his move against us?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As if to answer her query, the door to the stacks behind them suddenly opened.

*snip*

A woman with long auburn hair and olive complexion moved on regimented, marching steps, as if keeping time to measured minutes. She was taller than Parsley, and by the scars on her frame borne equally of misfortune and experience. Her eyes widened at the sight of the Saiyan, but she said nothing. Despite her bearing, her presence had been strangely diminished; it was nigh unreadable from the outset until she entered. Yet by the subtleties in her posture, a keen eye would discern without mistake that this one was always ready to fight.

Ochazuke stood and handed the two sealed letters and a copy of Auroc's Journal to the woman. Folding their hands silently, they exchanged a short nod and bow, and though her eyes never left the Saiyan, the uncomfortable silence reigned, before she snatched a cap over her head and threw a well-worn jacket over her shoulders; its left sleeve mottled as it caught the light, looking such that had been stripped of something recently. Without so much as a word, she departed, and with her much of the silent tension in the room.

"Pantaloon will do his part for the common man, he always will," Ochazuke continued, "But though he'll do all in his power to shelter and save everybody, he's not a fighter. Still, we are not without our ways, though it goes without saying there is much work to be done. This is our world, we cannot depend on the whims of others to save it."

Moreover, far more things he'd yet to resolve since before he'd even been aware of this convoluted web of Guardians and Offworlders.

"The GP have taken it upon themselves to return the Dragonballs to Earth. Not even Evangeline seems sure why they've scattered across the universe, but they should be returned shortly," he said. "Which brings us to our next point, we'll have three wishes to use."
    Parsley's gaze drifted to the new arrival, giving her as thorough a lookover as was possible in the brief time she was with them. By her physique, she trained often and with purpose. Her bearing - how she carried herself - as well as the way she took her steps impressed upon her a history of military service. She wasn't sure how many armies Earth had, but the mottled nature of one of the sleeves narrowed it down. Something, perhaps a patch or badge, had been ripped away.

In the end, Parsley said nothing to the woman, who seemed more than content to silently retrieve a copy of the journal from Ochazuke and take her leave. The salute made it seem the two were close, perhaps a part of the same school.

Interesting.

With the woman gone, she returned her attention to him. "Nor should you. We all have our own affairs to see about," she said plainly. Sarada, in particular, had come under fire initially for constantly leaving her post to see about matters that happened to take place on Earth. Those matters had little to do with the planet itself, but people shrouded in ignorance conflated the two together, thus blaming that world for their Queen's constant disappearances.

"As for the dragonballs, we have no stake in whatever wishes you want to make," she said, referring to her people. "I suspect the first wish will be to revive those slain by the Judge. That would include Koorimaru, but that, while expedient, is probably for the best."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default The Curious Case of Ogatan-Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "So, what now?" He asked, having grown a little frustrated upon reflection.

"Well..." The angel began, a smile crossing her lips, "I say we put that training to the test..."
    With the snap of the angel's fingers, the world around him changed. Akin to living in a kaleidoscope, physics and gravity were discarded in lieu of the pretty colors and funny shapes as reality shuffled to meet the demand of one higher on the food chain. Human anatomy was ill-equipped to handle all of the fluctuating and random changes in gravity, temperature, and pressure and for a freak of genetics such as he, it was challenging not to empty his stomach even after all of the times he had been subjected to it. As his surroundings locked into place, vertigo churned his senses for one last wave of disorientation as he adapted to a world that he had not been on just seconds ago.

It was a world on the verge of death. The air was thin, barely able to supply enough oxygen to keep him conscious, and held no warmth as the atmosphere was a cloud of smog that choked the skies. The ground beneath was dry and infertile, dirt crumbling beneath with even the faintest of touches and leaving only jagged columns of bedrock strong enough to support the weight of an average humanoid. Lifeless and barren, he had no clue what such a planet could hold for him.

"I'm curious, but what do you recall of the Ulthan?"

Momentarily caught off guard by the question, he struggled to find an answer, "The what now?"

The angel sighed, deciding to reframe the question, "Do you remember the last major battle you fought? You faced someone called the Beast God."

An eternity it seemed since he last fought for real, his mind dredged back old memories, "Yea... bastard snuck away."

"Well, I could go on about the organization he was from, but I won't bother you with the details." Holding out her hand, an image of aether spawned upon her palm, depicting a robotic figure, "All you need to know is that one of them was of my own, or at least was under my jurisdiction. A weapon of torment and agony, forged by desperation and cruelty, who ultimately judged his own creators as guilty."

"... and I guess this is supposed to be, what, his homeworld?"
    "No, this planet is just one of the reasons his creators sought to create him. A testament of a foe for which such a weapon would be produced to fend off." Releasing her staff, Islay casually gestured upward, causing the discarded object to rise upward, just above head level before another gesture sent it jetting downward, piercing through the dried dirt and rock. The angel's aim seemed to be true as an ear-splitting shriek could be heard, the ground cracking from the shrill vibration. A third gesture from her returned her staff to her grasp and in turn, guided the unknown creature straight to them. Initially, it was only a bubbling fluid that arose from the cracks but it was quickly followed by long skeletal fingers that pushed the crumbling earth aside. Despite the disgusting amounts of mucus the thing was covered with, it looked like a desiccated corpse.

Hollow eyes gazed upon them and from its glare did Charco feel his energy being pulled away from him. Unlike techniques that seemed to simply grab and pull, it felt like someone had pulled the plug in the bathtub and their energy was just spiraling down some unknown hole. Islay seemed to recognize his realization as she continued, "Phyrexnids. That is what the other races called them. Despite their own intelligence and cunning, they possess little of communication, culture, or empathy; no need for them. Their only goal is to devour and they are very good at it. This world was reduced to this state by this fellow alone."

By this point, the phyrexnid had gained enough energy to come out of 'hibernation, or at least that was the closest thing that could be compared to it. The sheen of mucus sloughed away, biomass filled once boney limbs, producing rippling muscles and sparks of energy arced from a now powerful frame.

"So, I have to fight this thing? Seems a bit too cut and dry for someone like you."

"Fight, survive... sometimes simplistic works the best."

Large omnivoric teeth ground against each other in the creature's absurdly massive lipless maw which might have made it look comedic in contrast to its bestial appearance, but he had little time to comprehend biological designs as launched itself at him. All the while, the passive energy drain was growing stronger with the phyrexnid's gluttony.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 03-17-2021 at 11:58 AM.

"Tch. He's an Angel."

That changed everything. Whatever confidence she held about her chances against the Soul Meister was gone. The fact that neither Kevi nor Battersea had done battle with her at all - or after their release in the former's case - the Meister would have had no idea who she was and what her abilities were. She would have had an advantage.

Against an Angel, it likely would have made no difference. She wasn't sure if Stine's possession of both Creation and Hakai was the norm with Angels or something unique to him, but she wasn't taking any chances.

There weren't many rogue angels out there. She pulled out Auroc's journal and flipped to the section about Angels. Stine was imprisoned, as she and Inanna saw to that themselves. Ale, Mead, and Inslay were either recalled or unaccounted for as far as the smitten Majin was concerned. That left Sakin and Lampton. The latter was training Inanna. The former was a complete unknown.

Sihn takes the revolver back up and suddenly looks serious. There is a dangerous flint in his eyes, and he shares a look with Sheki’hinah. The goddess frowns and shakes her head, but Sihn nods.

“If he’s really here, we can put and end to this. And this Revolver’s probably one of the few things able to hurt him.”

Sheki’hinah glares, crossing her arms, unimpressed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sihn takes the revolver back up and suddenly looks serious. There is a dangerous flint in his eyes, and he shares a look with Sheki’hinah. The goddess frowns and shakes her head, but Sihn nods.

“If he’s really here, we can put and end to this. And this Revolver’s probably one of the few things able to hurt him.”

Parsley glanced at Sheki'hinah, an eyebrow raised curiously. "Apprehending Asking, or killing him, would solve several of our most pressing problems at once. Not the least of which being the restoration of our universe to the multiverse proper? Am I understanding that right?"

Regardless, it would be prudent to at least check things out to make sure her assumption was correct. It may very well have been another Angel was that running amok in Universe 15.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default catching up

“Yes, I had. I encountered him when I served under the not-Fife. I knew of his martial prowess and his martial.......lineage. The Soul Meister knew me, knew me well somehow, though I know not how, and when I mentioned Battersea by name as a potential....escapee, he was intrigued. He was interested in the Schools for some reason, and Battersea was eager to escape.”

Your senses say she seems honest.
    "You had colluded, then."

The Guardian Evangeline had forseen a storm, but thanks to Asha'rah and...Ishtar, the dark gale never made it's way to Turtle Island that day.

For the moment Ochazuke had no immediate reply, but his suspiscious eye ever lingered upon her. Something in the way she had referred to the late, exiled Guardian, specifically as the not-Fife....

Knowledge. Memories. Experience. That was her stated currency. There was something else she'd been privy to.

He'd never forget that day five years ago when it tore itself from the worn husk of the magician who sought to purify this world. If he saw it again, he would surely recognize it.

"Tch. He's an Angel."

"Moreover, a rogue angel with his eye on Earth..."

In the sum of what had been said so far, Parsley had been quick to keep pace and spoke the conclusion ahead of the two Afterlife Attendants.

"I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting one of them. Her attentions have been drawn elsewhere, for a time." A part of that young man still persists. As much as the Ogatan have ever had a nose for trouble, he now has the means to pull himself out of it. "Which leaves one possibility for the identity of this Soul Meister."

Parsley glanced at Sheki'hinah, an eyebrow raised curiously. "Apprehending Asking, or killing him, would solve several of our most pressing problems at once. Not the least of which being the restoration of our universe to the multiverse proper? Am I understanding that right?"

Regardless, it would be prudent to at least check things out to make sure her assumption was correct. It may very well have been another Angel was that running amok in Universe 15.
    As they spoke, Ochazuke fell into his quiet thoughts for a moment, pacing across the room and keeping guard over Kevi. When Sihn announced the full capability of his weapon and Parsley proposed the course of action, his attention remained on Widow's Strife, his emissary.

"Tell me something, Sihn. Parsley and I have something of small wager at the end of our shared goal. Perhaps you can settle the matter for us."

Turning his attentions back onto Kevi, his voice took on a strange reverb as he spoke.

"Is it possible to kill an Angel?"

With words were laden with the Mastered Kiai, dffixed directly at the component makeup of Kevi's current form, were there anything discordant from her own nature yet linked to her, it would be strained out of her like pulp.

Excruciatingly.

"Perhaps it would not be a thing to speak to lightly about, if there are Parasites feeding below."
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-18-2021 at 08:04 PM.