Page 321 of 371 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The walls have started reverting to normal HFIL like surroundings after his demise. You take two pieces off, but wether they are viable for anything remains to be determined.
    Obtained HFIL cave crystal x2

The crystallized cave started to lose its lister and return to normal once the Meister was slain. Parsley managed to break off two pieces. With a puff of smoke, they were safely secured inside a capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The explosion was riotous, sending Ochazuke to the far end of the chamber. Planting his back against the wall was about the only means by which he could maintain his footing, and with it the essential stance passed down through the Master's scroll.

The thousands of souls are freed from their compact...this is good...however...

Clutching the Soul Splicer he'd taken from Battersea, the Soul Meister's latest thrall, the moment Parsley's axe cut through the creature, Ochazuke used this font of his power to lock in on its presence.

I don't want either your energy or any part in your scheme than necessary, came the collective call he'd invoked when forming the Genki Dama before. But if you think you shall pass to judgment unscathed...

Using the weapon of the enemy to modify his technique, Ochazuke seized upon the Soul Meister's ghost before it could flee in an attempt to anchor it to this forsaken place.

"For you who trade in it, Death is far too generous," he said. "But an eternity without any means to move on, forgotten to the ages, that will be yours."

Though a mortal witness, he was, despite Sihn's presence, very ready to stand as judge and execute this final condemnation. Presumptuous, yes.

The circumstances behind these twisted emergences and the lack of answers, however, gave him little regard for standing on ceremony, especially for this one.

Casting his other hand out, apparating from thin air he produced a short, wooden staff.

"You have witnessed our journey. Dealt with Sakin. Now tell me why you'd sought to undo the Afterlife. To what end was this part of his design? Otherwise..."
    The trapped ghost doesn’t respond right away, but you get the sense of......something fearful.

Sihn doesn’t seem to mind what you did either.
    Her own business concluded, she turned her attention to Ochazuke. In a humorous bit of irony, the Soul Meister found himself trapped, caught like a fly in a web. As before, a query was met with silence.

"Hmph. Even in defeat, the ability to speak eludes him. Funny, he had plenty to say before when he believed he had the upper hand."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The trapped ghost doesn’t respond right away, but you get the sense of......something fearful.

Sihn doesn’t seem to mind what you did either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Obtained HFIL cave crystal x2

The crystallized cave started to lose its lister and return to normal once the Meister was slain. Parsley managed to break off two pieces. With a puff of smoke, they were safely secured inside a capsule.

Her own business concluded, she turned her attention to Ochazuke. In a humorous bit of irony, the Soul Meister found himself trapped, caught like a fly in a web. As before, a query was met with silence.

"Hmph. Even in defeat, the ability to speak eludes him. Funny, he had plenty to say before when he believed he had the upper hand."
    Binding the creature to the device of his own creation, disembodied and powerless he was no more masterful of its subtle workings than a Widowstrife or Battersea. Ochazuke held the strange crystal, looking at the Soul Meister where his ghost stood frozen.

"No more wit for your schemes, at last it seems," he muttered, "It would have been preferable a moment ago when you'd decided to gloat, but now..."

He cast a glance to Parsley to direct the Soul Meister's attention. His psychic call reached them all, but he'd been particular about probing the Saiyan's memory.

"Well, perhaps appealing to memories and tethering souls to long ago days was the wrong approach, wasn't it."

The fear within the ensnared spirit remained silent. It wouldn't speak, but the mention of Sakin seemed to elicit something within its diminished self. Even now he could feel it.

"I haven't been here long, but I've spared a thorough glance. You know quite well how there is an animating will within the whisps of those departed souls passing to judgment," he said." I wonder, Soul Meister, how long will it take for your ego-memory to bleed out until there is nothing left of the person you are?"

Ochazuke struck the staff upon the ground. Shrouded with the echo of Creation Energy, the Lord Forger's Hammer had appeared in his hand*.

"Do not misunderstand me, however. Reincarnation is a matter for Sheki'nah, the Goddess of dead. However, she is not here. My friend who you've insulted deeply, on the other hand, she has a spike of your realm where your stood undetected for eons. Perhaps you'd like to stay there forever, unable to change it?"

A parallel realm nobody else could see, access, or form. It once had the matter to weave and control the spell, but without its body, if he were to merg it with a fragment of that space-between-spaces, what if anything could it affect?

"I'm not threatening you with death or resurrection. With Sinh as my witness, I'm threatening you with the inability to depart, at all."

*Stay tuned for something about this at some point, True Believers.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Silence reigns for several long moments after Ochazuke’s declaration, the cavern devoid of sound or conflict.

A moment later, a tacit and subdued reply is heard.

‘Speak your question.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Silence reigns for several long moments after Ochazuke’s declaration, the cavern devoid of sound or conflict.

A moment later, a tacit and subdued reply is heard.

‘Speak your question.’
    Narrowing his eyes, Ochazuke sighed, his grip threatening to shatter the Soul Splicer in his other hand, as he repeated his question.

"It is clear that you have had your eye on our journey for some time, enough that you've thrown your lot in with Sakin. Tell me, sub-creature, why you'd sought to undo the Afterlife. To what end was this part of his design?"

Narrowing his eyes, Ochazuke sighed, his grip threatening to shatter the Soul Splicer in his other hand, as he repeated his question.

"It is clear that you have had your eye on our journey for some time, enough that you've thrown your lot in with Sakin. Tell me, sub-creature, why you'd sought to undo the Afterlife. To what end was this part of his design?"
    A chuckle.

‘The afterlife, a way in given to the Cabal of Thorn and Stone by Sakin. In exchange, information is given and observations made. A few parasites exchanged. A few targets watched, seeds planted. He cared not for the Afterlife, but we do.’

Another chuckle.

‘Long have we Soul Meister’s sought access here, to such a plethora of.....easy targets. How could we say no when offered a chance to feast forever, to wield powers greater than the Honzu, or the Dreadnaught, or Eldfen itself?’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A chuckle.

‘The afterlife, a way in given to the Cabal of Thorn and Stone by Sakin. In exchange, information is given and observations made. A few parasites exchanged. A few targets watched, seeds planted. He cared not for the Afterlife, but we do.’

Another chuckle.

‘Long have we Soul Meister’s sought access here, to such a plethora of.....easy targets. How could we say no when offered a chance to feast forever, to wield powers greater than the Honzu, or the Dreadnaught, or Eldfen itself?’
    "Titles. That is your answer?" Ochazuke muttered, but the sound of grinding molars sounded out under his breath.

"Perhaps you should have examined the matter closer, because your Cabal, lofty you may think it to be, is nothing more than a shining plaque. Held aloft by an idiot, it'd be useful...to draw undue attention to himself and his people."

The Soul Meister's laughter rippled from his helpless ghost. Unimpressed, Ochazuke raised the Forger's hammer an inch.

"And here is your result. I hope you've relished your power, because this is all you've gained for your pathetic efforts."

A chuckle.

Another chuckle.

"Titles. That is your answer?" Ochazuke muttered, but the sound of grinding molars sounded out under his breath.

"Perhaps you should have examined the matter closer, because your Cabal, lofty you may think it to be, is nothing more than a shining plaque. Held aloft by an idiot, it'd be useful...to draw undue attention to himself and his people."

The Soul Meister's laughter rippled from his helpless ghost. Unimpressed, Ochazuke raised the Forger's hammer an inch.

"And here is your result. I hope you've relished your power, because this is all you've gained for your pathetic efforts."
    A hollow sigh echoed through the quickly normalizing cavern. "There's more of you imbeciles? Are they as helpless as you were, or will they put up at least an illusion of a fight before dying?"

The creature's answer was encouraging, at least. It seemed Sakin wasn't nearly as clever as he at first appeared to be. Which wasn't saying much, considering his lone claim to fame was manipulating a complete imbecile into waging a war with her supposedly all-powerful creator. By simply playing keep-away with various messages, a feat a child could accomplish given enough motivation. For all his assumed power, them being outwitted wasn't a serious concern.

"Are we supposed to fear this Honzu or Dreadnaught? Or even the Elder Dragon, who was thoroughly defeated to the brink of death by a bonk to the head?" She let out an amused chuckle. "Tell me, what are they supposed to be? Hopefully they provide more entertainment than you did."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The chuckle grows to an almost hysterical level.

‘We of the Cabal know the truth of being part of something bigger than ourselves. My failure will know my destruction, I am aware. But the Cabal will rise higher even as I fall.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A hollow sigh echoed through the quickly normalizing cavern. "There's more of you imbeciles? Are they as helpless as you were, or will they put up at least an illusion of a fight before dying?"

The creature's answer was encouraging, at least. It seemed Sakin wasn't nearly as clever as he at first appeared to be. Which wasn't saying much, considering his lone claim to fame was manipulating a complete imbecile into waging a war with her supposedly all-powerful creator. By simply playing keep-away with various messages, a feat a child could accomplish given enough motivation. For all his assumed power, them being outwitted wasn't a serious concern.

"Are we supposed to fear this Honzu or Dreadnaught? Or even the Elder Dragon, who was thoroughly defeated to the brink of death by a bonk to the head?" She let out an amused chuckle. "Tell me, what are they supposed to be? Hopefully they provide more entertainment than you did."
    He laughs.

‘The Way Between Worlds is dark, and full of powers that will shake your bones. Sakin has allied with my Cabal, and the Ways will be open once more soon. No world, no reality, will be safe. Princess Parsley, Ochazuke of the Chimera, you are marked: prepare.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Hehe, how exciting! Rutaba's super saiyan power was pretty intense. Was it as intense as his or Vocado's? No, but what it represented was intense. With time, Rutaba would become even stronger... which would help drive her peers to get stronger, themselves. And that could only be a good thing... unless the saiyan race went bad again.

But to be honest, with so many good influences among the saiyans these days, that possibility seemed remote.

As Totoma fended off the raging ball of energy that was Rutaba, a part of his mind drifted to the next few months. It had taken about a month to get Rutaba up to speed and complete her transformation. The next month would... probably just be more training and getting her conditioned to the form. That was fine, and he knew what methods his mother had been planning to use to do that, so... shouldn't take that long. Rutaba might not enjoy them--Saiyans, besides his mother, rarely enjoyed meditating, himself included--but it would definitely do the trick.

His own training would probably mirror Rutaba's, except he'd be getting used to Super Saiyan 2. That would probably be a bit more difficult, since the energy drain was higher and the sense of agitation and emotional turmoil was a bit... more intense. But, eh... two months tops. And after that... Super Saiyan 3! Haha, he couldn't wait.

~~End of Month 1~~
    Once Rutaba got a better handle on her mental state while in Super Saiyan form, she was able to undergo training to better manage the energy drain. While dead, body functions ceased, so she didn't get tired as easily. That helped greatly and allowed her to remain in the form for much longer than she would have been able to while alive. This let her body grow accustomed to it far more quickly. With that out of the way, Vocado moved on to increased the form's potency.

While that, he also helped Totoma master SSJ2. As he did, he told the both of them what he discovered about Super Saiyan and the base Saiyan form.

"The truth is, so-called Super Saiyan 2 and 3 aren't separate forms. They're still Super Saiyan, but at different levels. What I mean is, the physical changes are what happens when you force more power into the base Super Saiyan form. It provides substantially more power initially, but at the cost of a greater energy drain that continues to be more difficult to manage the higher you go.

"I discovered through my studies of my own body that by training and pushing my base form as far as it can possibly go, I can actually increase the power of Super Saiyan to greater heights. Levels that Super Saiyan 2 and 3 cannot replicate. In fact, at the absolute maximum, once base and Super Saiyan have been completely mastered, Super Saiyan will provide more power than Super Saiyan 3."

To demonstrate, he transformed into Super Saiyan 2 and then Super Saiyan 3 in an instant. He remained in both forms for a time to allow Totoma and Rutaba to measure his power, then powered back down. Then, he transformed into Super Saiyan. Even passively - without pushing himself to the form's extent - they quickly realized that his power was far greater than Super Saiyan 2. Then, he powered up further.

As his aura shone like a golden star in the night sky, his power shot past Super Saiyan 3 by a good margin. The difference wasn't significant, but the difference was in the power drain. Master Super Saiyan's energy drain was nearly non-existent, after all.

"Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until after I had already spent several decades master Super Saiyan 3. If I had, I wouldn't have bothered even going beyond learning the form. If you remember nothing else from my training, let it be this: keeping your training simple and focused on the base and Super Saiyan forms will yield far greater results than splitting it between four different forms."

~ End of month 2 ~
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘We of the Cabal know the truth of being part of something bigger than ourselves. My failure will know my destruction, I am aware. But the Cabal will rise higher even as I fall.’
    "I find that immensely hard to believe," she remarked, deadpan.

He laughs.

‘The Way Between Worlds is dark, and full of powers that will shake your bones. Sakin has allied with my Cabal, and the Ways will be open once more soon. No world, no reality, will be safe. Princess Parsley, Ochazuke of the Chimera, you are marked: prepare.’
    If the Meister's goal was to intimidate her or even make her nervous about what lay ahead, he was going to be sorely disappointed. "Is that so?" she said in reply, eyes widened with barely restrained excitement.

In Auroc's journal, which she had read cover to cover dozens of times at that point, he described in some detail what the Way Between Worlds was. A home of nightmarish creatures grotesque and strong, and other horrors not meant to be witnessed by mortal eyes. With his apparatus, Auroc gained access to it. Something happened to him during his travels through the leylines. It altered his mind to the point that he was nothing more than a power-hungry and raving lunatic hell-bent on being worshipped as a god.

With a puff of smoke, Auroc's journal was freed of its capsule. She flipped to the section and started reading.

"'I have warred for centuries within to gain ground, to gain secrets. The Dreadnaught of Mala, the remnants of the Honzu Civilization, the strange Night, and even the Cabal of Thorn and Stone have I fought there. Many times I was thrust out, many times near vanquished or decayed, but persistence is mine. Within I have gained the secret of Alteration, of bending others to my mind and will via old and Eldritch Magic’s.' Those were Auroc's own words after he traveled through this Way Between Worlds. Surely, if he could survive, I can as well."

Another puff produced his apparatus, which she had been studying as well. She spent a measure of time with the Saiyans of Turrip to understand the algorithms required to operate it. "Sadly, I have a feeling your words were meant to scare me. You, evidently, have never heard of a Saiyan. Because all that did was make me excited. I have the doorway to the Way Between Worlds right here. I think I and my sister will be taking a little trip there at some point in the future."

Further training was required before that, though. She wanted to at least unlock Super Saiyan 3 so they could have the extra boost in power. Other than that, there was nothing stopping them from venturing into that nightmarish realm other than time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I find that immensely hard to believe," she remarked, deadpan.

If the Meister's goal was to intimidate her or even make her nervous about what lay ahead, he was going to be sorely disappointed. "Is that so?" she said in reply, eyes widened with barely restrained excitement.

In Auroc's journal, which she had read cover to cover dozens of times at that point, he described in some detail what the Way Between Worlds was. A home of nightmarish creatures grotesque and strong, and other horrors not meant to be witnessed by mortal eyes. With his apparatus, Auroc gained access to it. Something happened to him during his travels through the leylines. It altered his mind to the point that he was nothing more than a power-hungry and raving lunatic hell-bent on being worshipped as a god.

With a puff of smoke, Auroc's journal was freed of its capsule. She flipped to the section and started reading.

"'I have warred for centuries within to gain ground, to gain secrets. The Dreadnaught of Mala, the remnants of the Honzu Civilization, the strange Night, and even the Cabal of Thorn and Stone have I fought there. Many times I was thrust out, many times near vanquished or decayed, but persistence is mine. Within I have gained the secret of Alteration, of bending others to my mind and will via old and Eldritch Magic’s.' Those were Auroc's own words after he traveled through this Way Between Worlds. Surely, if he could survive, I can as well."

Another puff produced his apparatus, which she had been studying as well. She spent a measure of time with the Saiyans of Turrip to understand the algorithms required to operate it. "Sadly, I have a feeling your words were meant to scare me. You, evidently, have never heard of a Saiyan. Because all that did was make me excited. I have the doorway to the Way Between Worlds right here. I think I and my sister will be taking a little trip there at some point in the future."

Further training was required before that, though. She wanted to at least unlock Super Saiyan 3 so they could have the extra boost in power. Other than that, there was nothing stopping them from venturing into that nightmarish realm other than time.
    The chuckles stop, and the voice seems.....pleased.

‘I hope you do that, Parsley. They’ll like you there.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The chuckles stop, and the voice seems.....pleased.

‘I hope you do that, Parsley. They’ll like you there.’
    "Perhaps. Perhaps not. Only time and my fighting prowess will tell."

With that, both Auroc's journal and her apparatus were both returned to the capsule from whence they came. In their place in her hand appeared the crimson red dragonball she found in Auroc's treasure room. The journal had no details on it other than it containing a will that unnerved the mad Majin god.

Her head tilted as she held it aloft. "What's this dragonball? It came from your Cabal."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke made no overt reaction as the Soul Meister chose to taunt them further. The Cabal of the Grey Thorn, he'd unfortunately run into during one of his excursions, that being the cult of Voidling worshippers that sought to bring a desperate order to a winter without end. Even though they faced defeat, from their fall there would be some victory.

How very tiresome.

"We're wasting our time," he said to Parsley, permitting the impotent ghost the level of attention he deserved. "Even he admits his worthlessness, disposable as he is."

By the sound of the departure of Oni captains, the emancipation of damned souls by some dark compact, but for the threats of Sakin it was almost disappointing how trite and petty it all was.

But for those all those who remained on this side of the veil, those he held dear to his memories, there was some small respite that they should in some measure would remain safe. After all I'd taken from her, at least she will have her rest undisturbed.

"One thing remains adamantly clear, however. None of these schemes will stop unless Sakin desists."

He laughs.

"The ways will be open once more," he repeated before the cryptic reply came.

"Imagine that."

The stillness of his frown cracked as a smirk curled up the corner of his mouth.

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. Only time and my fighting prowess will tell."

With that, both Auroc's journal and her apparatus were both returned to the capsule from whence they came. In their place in her hand appeared the crimson red dragonball she found in Auroc's treasure room. The journal had no details on it other than it containing a will that unnerved the mad Majin god.

Her head tilted as she held it aloft. "What's this dragonball? It came from your Cabal."
    Ochazuke said no more. Out of respect he allowed the whisp to linger but a moment longer, but as the Soul Meister mulled over answering Parsley's questions, despite the rather serious and overt threats the creature proclaimed, his focus was elsewhere.

Perhaps it was some mnemonic queue, spurred by his comrade's examination of the volumes of Auroc's tome, or the mounting fatigue of some four years or longer pursuant of the thinnest leads towards the Renegade Angel who spurred all this, he could not help but feel some disturbance at how the origins of these long-spanning intersections of this cosmic scheme was, for those who pursued ascension to rival the divine...unbecomingly dull.

And for what reason?

A fickle urge that spans the realms of all creation. No reason, nor justice, but for the fretful cry of powers long unchecked. If this be the nature of it, then so desperate a thing it is, to seek nothing more than appetites of fancy within a craven shroud. It is the song of idiot fear, sung by the echoes of fallen ages, no different than a low animal.

Studying the Soul Splicer, the locus of the creature's control, he commit its energy signature to memory as he awaited the Soul Meister's final repartee, the long fuse of his patience burning by the second.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-03-2021 at 02:34 AM.

The Meister says nothing at the dragonball’s sudden appearance.

Sihn, however, eyes it with distaste.

“It’s a Soul Dragonball. Inside resides a brutal amalgamation of twisted souls, molded into a type of Wish dragon. It usually takes three or four of the dragonballs to summon one, and their capabilities are limited, though they are not bound by the same restrictions most wish dragons are. Normally, during my few altercations with the Cabal and others like them, soul dragonballs take at least a million souls to create and it is a brutal, terrible process. I had thought they were all destroyed during my last dust up with them.”

His eyes start to glow, his voice dropping low and angry.

“It’s an abomination of pain, suffering, and a perversion. It’s presence alone is an affront to anything that is good and true and just. Even owning one is a death sentence most times.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 04-03-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM