Page 324 of 371 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “You’re late, girly.”

Caliban walks up, the short goblin eyeing them both.

“This your companion? Heh, an adequate mage from what I can see.”
    Parsley turned to face Caliban. "Sorry. Things have been busy the past few months. This is Etrina, our best mage. Etrina, this is Caliban, retired God of Creation."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    While Parsley had some level of concern for her sister-in-law, it was hard to be completely concern when she was certain the feeling wasn't mutual. After the falling out they all had with her on Darkle, she would have been surprised to see her ever again. "It's Inanna. She rarely does anything without at least some level of risk."

Parsley follows Etrina through the portal. When she passes through, it didn't close per se, but rather minimized into a small red energy ball. She absorbed it into her hand to store it until it was time to return.

"This is Universe 16. Absolutely dripping with magic."
    “You’re late, girly.”

Caliban walks up, the short goblin eyeing them both.

“This your companion? Heh, an adequate mage from what I can see.”
    "Adequate....I haven't been referred to as Adequate since my first magic tutor." Etrina took the comment in stride as she inspected the surrounding. "I suppose we're all adequate compared to someone..."

Finally focusing on the tiny former god, Etrina raised an eyebrow.

"...is this really him?" The mage tilts her head in confusion. "I suppose they come in all sizes..."

Parsley turned to face Caliban. "Sorry. Things have been busy the past few months. This is Etrina, our best mage. Etrina, this is Caliban, retired God of Creation."
    "Yes, I'm...."Etrina paused, suddenly, with a momentary look bordering on the uncomfortable. "....Sorry, fact or not I wasn't expecting a compliment of that caliber. Anyways...." She returned her methodical eye to Caliban. "You wouldn't think gods had a retirement option....but I suppose if your a creation one you make whatever options you want."

Finally, Etrina took a bow. "Etrina Stoltengarde, Time Mage. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to study under you."

Retired Overlord

She appears in a strange, ancient forest. Much like on Darkle, this one towers overhead with a thick canopy of tree tops and only patches of sunlight filtering through.

And magic lays quite heavy in this place.
    There are forests back on her world that Etrina would describe as "ancient".....ageless woods that have stood longer then most mages families could say they've existed. Blankets of trees that acted as a merciful cover for the more, old, places...

This was place was on a whole new level, and it both excited and terrified Etrina inside. Not that she would how either...this wasn't a place where such childlike attitudes would be praised.

Non the less....The Mage was overcome with curiosity. She had a goal, of course....but the mage in her couldn't help but take a moment to hold the magic of another world in her hands.

Stepping forward, she expanded her now keenly attuned sense of magic....looking for a trace of her quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Zaofan turned briefly from the conversation, his smile fading each time the child banged the table, nodding along each time it fell, his line of sight tracking the utensil as it buried itself in the wall.

His back to Kumara and Sarada, a visible quaking filled his frame as Zaofan hunched over and repeated the chaotic gremlin's words back to her.

"...D I E..."

He whipped around in an instant with such ferocity and was in an instant before them...

...with a slice of three-layered chocolate cake.

"-ssert! Yes, it is!" His voice was bright, but his features shrank, cringing as if he'd bitten into a salted lime.

Well, at least it wasn't a knife.

Passing her a brand new spoon - a plastic one this time - Zaofan mussed her hair about the horns.
    The moment her eyes come to rest on the confectionary delight, the child squealed with excitement. "CAKE!!" She had been given a spoon, which she held in one hand as she grabbed a handful of cake with the other and proceed to smash into her face in the general vicinity of her mouth.

Sarada sighed and grabbed a fork, then shooed her hands away. "You can't trust this kid to feed herself," she muttered as she started feeding the baby small bites of cake. "Sorry if your nerves are already frazzled. Saiyan children can be a handful." It had only been a year and some months, but she already fully understood what she and her siblings put Maiz through when they were growing up.

"Hey when you find her, can you let Etrina know-" Too late. In an instant, Parsley was gone.

Zaofan tilt his head to the side and shrugged.

"Well, after I pulled Totoma back from the dead, apparently the Soul Meister had an eye on the situation. He saw a vacancy, and assumed it was free real estate."

"In brief, it wasn't." Ochazuke continued. "The knowledge of his own techniques amplified by the strength of an ascendant Super Saiyan's body...suppose he'd encountered anybody else? After I nullified his technique and Tasure beat him into submission, she left Totoma in Nevanlinna's care for now...for whenever he's deemed it fit to return. Which led us to this present ordeal."

He'd personally let Karine and the children know, and they'd rather seemed to be taking it in stride when the Saiyan King Vocado was mentioned. Were it not for the lingering and imminent disgust for the matter of the afterlife, Ochazuke might have had a mind to check on Totoma himself.

There were, however, more pressing matters at hand he'd needed to turn his attention to.

"It is a strange condition that Sakin would feed on Creation, yet leave his thralls vulnerable to it," Ochazuke said flatly. "Now that they know they've been revealed, do not be so callous to presume that the blessings of a single guardian will be enough to end this. This Sihn seemed to have just so happened to wield it. His faithful aside, we will need more than just Maiz or Evangeline to fight against this."

'We' being the operative word.

"Moreover, we don't know what is coming other than a vague prophecy," he said. "I've long since grown tired of these cryptic games when it was only the Earth, but when these plot effected the entire universe...cheh. And now seems all Universes are at stake."
    "Tch." If it wasn't one thing, it was another. It was bad enough they had to deal with enemies in the land of the living. Knowing that they could have been sent from Otherworld, too, was a kick in the balls. It was actually a good thing it was Totoma who had died and had his body hijacked. Sarada didn't want to imagine what Battersea could have done with someone who actually bothered to train, like herself or Parsley. At least it was over and that has-been **** had been sent packing back to where he belonged, in Hell with the rest of the losers. Some king, heh.

The vagueness of the prophecy was an issue, she had to admit, even if she wasn't worried overmuch about it. Inanna was training specifically to fight Genesis, who - unless she was remembering what Parsley told her wrong - was going to be there. She assumed her Oni was going to be strong enough to cancel out, if not outright beat, Genesis, so that was on thing. That left the former Indar'en. She had long wanted to try her hand against an actual bonafide GoD, so she was more than excited to finally face him.

That wasn't the vision that had her slightly concerned. It was the one Parsley was told about by Night. There was nothing it except that it involved herself, Inanna, and probably Parsley. Other than that, there was nothing. No clue to who the enemies were, what the situation would be involving them or anything like that. A part of her wanted to keep it to herself until she managed to get some more information, but she supposed she had already positioned herself as being against that sort of thing. "Eva's vision isn't all. Parsley spoke to Night a few months ago and was told about... something that would involve me, her, and Inanna. He didn't elaborate, and she wasn't allowed to ask him any further questions on it." She shrugged. "Whatever it is, I'll step up and handle it like I always do."

With that said, she moved to more pertinent matters. As for Sakin and his cronies, I'm not worried. If you two and whoever else want to come along, fine." She wasn't sure where they were going to get more Creation energy, or what more they could do beyond that. Guess we'll have to figure it out when we get there.

She had fallen silent for a while, opting to focus on feeding Kumara a piece of cake. When she did eventually speak, she didn't look up. "You'll have to teach me that one technique you used against Auroc. The one you used to combine bodies."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-12-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    There are forests back on her world that Etrina would describe as "ancient".....ageless woods that have stood longer then most mages families could say they've existed. Blankets of trees that acted as a merciful cover for the more, old, places...

This was place was on a whole new level, and it both excited and terrified Etrina inside. Not that she would how either...this wasn't a place where such childlike attitudes would be praised.

Non the less....The Mage was overcome with curiosity. She had a goal, of course....but the mage in her couldn't help but take a moment to hold the magic of another world in her hands.

Stepping forward, she expanded her now keenly attuned sense of magic....looking for a trace of her quarry.
    Everywhere.

All around her lay the trace of her quarry. The entire forest was Fae.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Caliban nods and gestures.

“Fine fine, let’s get to work. Now then, I know you have blood magic and you said time magic. Any other focuses? Anything I need to be made aware of?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

“Fine fine, let’s get to work. Now then, I know you have blood magic and you said time magic. Any other focuses? Anything I need to be made aware of?”
    "I also practice Cryomancy.....Vitalmancy...." Etrina crossed things off in her head mentally. "....I....recently came possession of....hmm.....fae attributes. A type of magic I'm still trying to understand."

There was one more.....but hesitated a moment, and eventually choose to say nothing more. It would be more prudent to gain his thoughts when she had a moment alone with the GoD then...

Etrina suddenly frowned.

What a very Inanna-like thought....after everything she had said to her...

"...and Void..." Etrina finally added. "...Void Magic..."

"In theory, I can mimic any spell I've seen. I haven't actually used it, that I can remember, but I can do it," Parsley said. "And I recently began dabbling with Soul magic. And by recently I mean about twenty minutes ago "
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Ehh hehehehehe, interesting. And dangerous! Void magic, Soul magic, bah! Too advanced for now.”

Caliban waves his hand and a door appears before them.

“Come inside, girlies. I’ll test your abilities a bit, see where we can start shoring you both up.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

One month in...........

He’d been back for a week, a week! And already he had been elected President. Somewhere, his wife and kids were laughing.

Jinzi sighs and sits down, running his eyes over the paperwork before him. He’d taken the job, mostly to help calm Earth down and keep the peace while he tried to figure a way out of it, but over the last few days he had slowly started going through paperwork and backlogs, old agreements and other such paper trails Grinthorn had left and Jinzi quickly realized he may be stuck in this role a bit longer than he had thought. Especially if the burgeoning plan in his mind to restore several city states back to independence was to work.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The moment her eyes come to rest on the confectionary delight, the child squealed with excitement. "CAKE!!" She had been given a spoon, which she held in one hand as she grabbed a handful of cake with the other and proceed to smash into her face in the general vicinity of her mouth.

Sarada sighed and grabbed a fork, then shooed her hands away. "You can't trust this kid to feed herself," she muttered as she started feeding the baby small bites of cake. "Sorry if your nerves are already frazzled. Saiyan children can be a handful." It had only been a year and some months, but she already fully understood what she and her siblings put Maiz through when they were growing up.
    Oh thank Kami she knows what cake is. The lines around Zaofan's eyes softened a bit, but it was a struggle to hold onto his smiles as Kumara went to work turning three chocolate layers into a cocoa-and-butter-cream paste.

"Frazzled? On the contrary!"

"I'm just glad she's got an appreciation for fine things even at this age, dontcha, kid?"

"Tch." If it wasn't one thing, it was another. It was bad enough they had to deal with enemies in the land of the living. Knowing that they could have been sent from Otherworld, too, was a kick in the balls. It was actually a good thing it was Totoma who had died and had his body hijacked. Sarada didn't want to imagine what Battersea could have done with someone who actually bothered to train, like herself or Parsley. At least it was over and that has-been **** had been sent packing back to where he belonged, in Hell with the rest of the losers. Some king, heh.

The vagueness of the prophecy was an issue, she had to admit, even if she wasn't worried overmuch about it. Inanna was training specifically to fight Genesis, who - unless she was remembering what Parsley told her wrong - was going to be there. She assumed her Oni was going to be strong enough to cancel out, if not outright beat, Genesis, so that was on thing. That left the former Indar'en. She had long wanted to try her hand against an actual bonafide GoD, so she was more than excited to finally face him.

That wasn't the vision that had her slightly concerned. It was the one Parsley was told about by Night. There was nothing it except that it involved herself, Inanna, and probably Parsley. Other than that, there was nothing. No clue to who the enemies were, what the situation would be involving them or anything like that. A part of her wanted to keep it to herself until she managed to get some more information, but she supposed she had already positioned herself as being against that sort of thing. "Eva's vision isn't all. Parsley spoke to Night a few months ago and was told about... something that would involve me, her, and Inanna. He didn't elaborate, and she wasn't allowed to ask him any further questions on it." She shrugged. "Whatever it is, I'll step up and handle it like I always do."

With that said, she moved to more pertinent matters. As for Sakin and his cronies, I'm not worried. If you two and whoever else want to come along, fine." She wasn't sure where they were going to get more Creation energy, or what more they could do beyond that. Guess we'll have to figure it out when we get there.

She had fallen silent for a while, opting to focus on feeding Kumara a piece of cake. When she did eventually speak, she didn't look up. "You'll have to teach me that one technique you used against Auroc. The one you used to combine bodies."
    "Will you, now? Against an enemy you have never encountered, who you have no information about, you'll throw yourself against them and prevail like you always do," he replied. "But for the lengthy losses along the way."

They who had known about Sihn and Shekin'ah had direct passage to the Afterlife, for some time, and only now had he been informed of this even with his correspondence with the Guardians. One twisted cosmic schemed snaked into another stoked by fear; fear the catalyst for a strength previously unknown for ages. Brought to bear in such a manner, all opposition would be crushed and the strongest would remain.

And what, exactly, would change?

"There is a simpler way than force your way through to find it. Would you like to know?"

But when Sarada made her demand without even deigning to look at him, Ochazuke merely poured another pot of tea.

Power. For alliances commodified and taken for granted.

"Fusion. Cheh. How presumptuous."

For as formidable allies they had been, every time a Saiyan came to Earth it seemed that it was always to take something for themselves.

"Even if I wanted to, you lack the aptitude to learn it."

Retired Overlord

“Ehh hehehehehe, interesting. And dangerous! Void magic, Soul magic, bah! Too advanced for now.”

Caliban waves his hand and a door appears before them.

“Come inside, girlies. I’ll test your abilities a bit, see where we can start shoring you both up.”
    "Starting with a test then.....I suppose that's acceptable." Etrina stepped forward, but threw the small God a side glance as she passed him for the door. "....and don't call me girlie..."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Oh thank Kami she knows what cake is. The lines around Zaofan's eyes softened a bit, but it was a struggle to hold onto his smiles as Kumara went to work turning three chocolate layers into a cocoa-and-butter-cream paste.

"Frazzled? On the contrary!"

"I'm just glad she's got an appreciation for fine things even at this age, dontcha, kid?"
    "ZZZzzzzZZZzz...*snort*......uhhhhhh....why are you so loud...." A pot that had been virbrating quietly off to the side tipped over and a small green etrina crawled out like a miniature zombie. ".......*yawwwnnnn*.......is it lunch time.....I'm...*tilt*...*tilt*...hungry."

Retired Overlord

Everywhere.

All around her lay the trace of her quarry. The entire forest was Fae.
    "Beautiful..." Etrina was half annoyed and half wonderstruck at the current situation. All around her there were signs of the fae....and putting out one from another would be something of a challenge. But if the one she was looking for was half as important as she sounded then it wouldn't be long before she picked up on some clue as to their whereabouts.

Or the very least find the strongest fae in the immediate area and go from there.

As Etrina continued into the forest so made no attempt to hide herself, in fact....she had illusion that Lady Binder didn't already know she was there. It had only taken a portal opening into their world before to draw her attention and now she was here in her entirety....and she owed her a chat.

The memory of her first meeting with binder jogged loose another memory for Etrina....and for a moment she wondered if the little dragon they had returned here was fairing well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Starting with a test then.....I suppose that's acceptable." Etrina stepped forward, but threw the small God a side glance as she passed him for the door. "....and don't call me girlie..."
    “We’ll see, girlie, we’ll see what name ya earn.”

Passing through, Etrina finds herself and Parsley standing amidst a star filled night, her feet in a field of long grass. A large distance away, the lights of a city twinkle in the dark and the moon above is a half crescent.

Caliban steps through and closes the portal, pulling a deck of cards out and slowly shuffling them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM