Page 335 of 371 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5560
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Queen cocks an eyebrow, than chitters at Binder. The two speak back and forth for several seconds before Binder speaks up.

“Such gifts are only given once. The Lord Forger’s vision is his own. However, a vision can be granted to you if you wish. It will not be exactly the same as Lord Forger’s, but of a similar nature.”
    Etrina crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "...don't think I don't notice how convenient that is...*sigh*...if its a similar nature it should give me a rough idea. Very well...."

The mages eyes binder a moment, then the queen. "So what does this entail?"

Retired Overlord

Caliban rolls his eyes but dutifully turns around and even covers his face so Etrina can have her privacy.
    Stepping over to check her unform out, Etrina glances once more around the area....then snaps her finger and flash freezes the air immediately around her to form a only barely see through frost cover for her change.

"No peeks or I'll put the rest of my life to deleting this timeline branch....and no don't think I'm joking........brrrrr **** its cold...."

A few moment of struggling later and Etrina emerged now changed into her uniform, tugging at the uncomfortably tight chest while muttered under her breath.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Stepping over to check her unform out, Etrina glances once more around the area....then snaps her finger and flash freezes the air immediately around her to form a only barely see through frost cover for her change.

"No peeks or I'll put the rest of my life to deleting this timeline branch....and no don't think I'm joking........brrrrr **** its cold...."

A few moment of struggling later and Etrina emerged now changed into her uniform, tugging at the uncomfortably tight chest while muttered under her breath.
    "I may have grabbed yours by mistake," Parsley remarked. Sure enough, it seemed that her top was rather loose in certain areas.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She finds him easily enough, sitting behind a mountain of paperwork after the seven secretaries begrudgingly let her through.
    A mountain of tree leafs? For someone so technologically advanced, Sarada was surprised to see him using something so archaic. She cleared her throat and grinned. "Mr. President? I hope I'm not interrupting," she said after knocking on the door jamb.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Time Period 1: One Month In

The Judge watches him, saying nothing even as the outer layer of his form singes and glows a faint red from Zaofan’s harsh light.

After a few moments, the Judge nods.

“I accept your Judgement, your logic. I have no info on Jack Knave or Nunlil, oddly, but a brief search brings up information saying they were killed. If it was by my hand, unknowing or not, justice must be taken. You must become The Judge than, and judge me on my actions.”

His head twitches a bit, eyes flickering for a moment.

“I am......hmm. There are files missing. How passing strange, my data files are..incomplete.”

Eyes flick to Zaofan and then to his rifle in Wilhelm’s hands.

“Be careful using it, Judge. It is...a heavy burden.”

The last is said not with the same monotone robotic voice, but some underlying emotion coloring it. Whatever organic presence still residing within peeking through at last.
    With a billow as sudden as a sweeping gale, a small gust filled the Geofront laboratory as the energy mass before Zaofan's face swiftly desisted. If there were any tears shed for the friends lost that day, they'd been vaporized in an instant behind the two burning pinpoints concealed inside his pupils.

"That's it, huh? 'To the victor go the spoils,' and they get saddled with the responsibility, same as it ever was," he glowered, "Maybe that's the way you got used to doing things, but that's not what I'm going to do."

At least he seems to have voluntarily surrendered his gun. If anyone other than the Judge can make sense of it, I'd bet it's the Old Soldier who fought an entire planet by himself for years.

"So I'm the new Judge. Then what does that make you? A lost, broken man without a purpose?" Zaofan said, then took a few paces forward. "Is that all you have to offer, does that encapsulate you? That's a very poor look for someone who decides who lives and who dies."

He folded his arms, a finger tapping on the crook of his elbow impatiently.

"Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Judgment is off the table. What do you want, do you even know?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With a billow as sudden as a sweeping gale, a small gust filled the Geofront laboratory as the energy mass before Zaofan's face swiftly desisted. If there were any tears shed for the friends lost that day, they'd been vaporized in an instant behind the two burning pinpoints concealed inside his pupils.

"That's it, huh? 'To the victor go the spoils,' and they get saddled with the responsibility, same as it ever was," he glowered, "Maybe that's the way you got used to doing things, but that's not what I'm going to do."

At least he seems to have voluntarily surrendered his gun. If anyone other than the Judge can make sense of it, I'd bet it's the Old Soldier who fought an entire planet by himself for years.

"So I'm the new Judge. Then what does that make you? A lost, broken man without a purpose?" Zaofan said, then took a few paces forward. "Is that all you have to offer, does that encapsulate you? That's a very poor look for someone who decides who lives and who dies."

He folded his arms, a finger tapping on the crook of his elbow impatiently.

"Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Judgment is off the table. What do you want, do you even know?"
    The cyborg pauses, eyes flashing a bit as if contemplating the questions.

“I....do not know. I have not...I have not thought such in a very long time.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A mountain of tree leafs? For someone so technologically advanced, Sarada was surprised to see him using something so archaic. She cleared her throat and grinned. "Mr. President? I hope I'm not interrupting," she said after knocking on the door jamb.
    Jinzi’s finger goes up, then elongates and curves to tap a hidden button on a nearby wall. His finger retracts and, briefly, she can see Adam in his Jinzi disguise.

A moment later a hidden door opens and he nods towards it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Ya both done now?” Caliban calls out, back still turned.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "...don't think I don't notice how convenient that is...*sigh*...if its a similar nature it should give me a rough idea. Very well...."

The mages eyes binder a moment, then the queen. "So what does this entail?"
    “A simple bargain. You want a vision, we want something in turn.”

Lady Binder grins and claps her hands.

“Oh, I know just the thing! We would like a little bit of you! Well, by that I mean your hair! A single lock should do, right mother?”

The Queen looks Etrina over before nodding to her daughter’s request.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi’s finger goes up, then elongates and curves to tap a hidden button on a nearby wall. His finger retracts and, briefly, she can see Adam in his Jinzi disguise.

A moment later a hidden door opens and he nods towards it.
    Adam? Oh, that sneaky bastard. Jinzi using Adam as a disguise so he could take a break - or just not do any work for that day - gave Sarada a solution to her biggest problem. Really, the solution had been on her finger for months, but she kept forgetting she had it.

She gave "Jinzi" a two fingered salute, then walked through the hidden door. "Hello?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Time Period 1: One Month In

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The cyborg pauses, eyes flashing a bit as if contemplating the questions.

“I....do not know. I have not...I have not thought such in a very long time.”
    Still standing some distance apart, Zaofan slowly shook his head.

"That won't do," he said, "How can you scrutinize the lives of other people if you don't know what it means to live yourself?"

Geez Banespell, where did you find this guy? This whole situation stunk, even for the Judge who could not escape this strange cycle of violence. If it had been a worse day, Zaofan might just had done him in, but now that he saw him for what he was, frankly it would be against his chef's code of personal honour.

The Sixth and Tenth Philosophies of Cooking: Nutrition of the mind and body is important, and Real Cooks...share and teach.

And coming down to the last call of the year on an advance meal ticket, to lose a guy like this with this conflicted mentality, it would be like hitting the pan with a dollop of butter and then taking the scallops off the gas mid-sear; something compelled him to prevent this issue from being a half-finished mess.

"The Forger trusted your judgment to find and prioritize his targets in the name of bringing his peace, well that didn't get you anywhere, especially with insufficient data. Well now, I'll give you a chance to re-evaluate your math or whatever," he said, wagging a finger before him. "But my help is not unconditional. You're going to have to do something for me, for all of us. If it's for the sake of saving the Universe, maybe we could use an...advanced sort of computer-mind."

At this point, he motioned for Jinzi to come over. "It's beyond me, but maybe my friend here can take a look at you, find the pieces of you that are missing. In return, you'll teach Wilhelm here how to operate that hand-cannon of yours, balance the scales."

He blew out a sharp exhale.

"Stick around for a while, and maybe you can figure out what your true calling is. I can tell you right now, it's got nothing to do with taking orders and doing someone else's work...but it's something more than snuffing out lives when there's another way of dealing with the circumstances."
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-26-2021 at 11:53 PM.

“A great and terrible charge. But remember.......”

She reaches out and takes his outstretched hand, and for a moment, a thin golden thread felt heavy and....right....in his grasp. He saw near infinite possibilities of his own future, and the understanding that only HE had the power to choose settles in him.

“You are more than conflict and ordeal. We are all of us infinite in our own way.”

She smiles warmly at him and let’s his hand go.

“Now tell me my friend, now that you have changed, what would you like to be called? What is your chosen name?”
    He stepped back, caught off-guard by the sudden revelation that struck him. She could see it; behind his eyes bloomed and withered the countless lives he could have lived through from this moment onward. Extending an arm out, the possibilities in which he did not die away. Clenching his fist, more vanished and ever-so-slowly would the possibilities begin to align.

For the first time in a while, no longer did uncertainty plague him.

"I am no longer the sum of my parts, hiding behind the mask of the fallen..." The decision made, he smiled, "... I can think of no name more worthy than the one who broke this cycle. I take the name Charco as my own, in his honor."

With that said, he admitted, "Plus, I've grown a fondness of it."

“Ya both done now?” Caliban calls out, back still turned.
    Parsley supposed that the nature of their training outfits was inconsequential. Besides, she was anxious to get started with their real training. "I am, yes. Let's get started!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Adam? Oh, that sneaky bastard. Jinzi using Adam as a disguise so he could take a break - or just not do any work for that day - gave Sarada a solution to her biggest problem. Really, the solution had been on her finger for months, but she kept forgetting she had it.

She gave "Jinzi" a two fingered salute, then walked through the hidden door. "Hello?"
    Jinzi, wearing a loosened tie around his neck and a somewhat rumpled suit, waves her in as he downs a Heat-Tab energy drink. The room, about a ten by ten space, is lined with several computers, a couch, and a mini-fridge.

“Your majesty, please come in.”

He taps away at the screen in front of him and nods, Sarada seeing complicated blueprints scroll past.

“Needed to step away for a bit from the paperwork search into what Grinthorn did and didn’t do. How can I help you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Still standing some distance apart, Zaofan slowly shook his head.

"That won't do," he said, "How can you scrutinize the lives of other people if you don't know what it means to live yourself?"

Geez Banespell, where did you find this guy? This whole situation stunk, even for the Judge who could not escape this strange cycle of violence. If it had been a worse day, Zaofan might just had done him in, but now that he saw him for what he was, frankly it would be against his chef's code of personal honour.

The Sixth and Tenth Philosophies of Cooking: Nutrition of the mind and body is important, and Real Cooks...share and teach.

And coming down to the last call of the year on an advance meal ticket, to lose a guy like this with this conflicted mentality, it would be like hitting the pan with a dollop of butter and then taking the scallops off the gas mid-sear; something compelled him to prevent this issue from being a half-finished mess.

"The Forger trusted your judgment to find and prioritize his targets in the name of bringing his peace, well that didn't get you anywhere, especially with insufficient data. Well now, I'll give you a chance to re-evaluate your math or whatever," he said, wagging a finger before him. "But my help is not unconditional. You're going to have to do something for me, for all of us. If it's for the sake of saving the Universe, maybe we could use an...advanced sort of computer-mind."

At this point, he motioned for Jinzi to come over. "It's beyond me, but maybe my friend here can take a look at you, find the pieces of you that are missing. In return, you'll teach Wilhelm here how to operate that hand-cannon of yours, balance the scales."

He blew out a sharp exhale.

"Stick around for a while, and maybe you can figure out what your true calling is. I can tell you right now, it's got nothing to do with taking orders and doing someone else's work...but it's something more than snuffing out lives when there's another way of dealing with the circumstances."
    He nods slowly.

“I....am agreeable to such a proposal. What would you have me do?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM