Page 349 of 371 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is no response.

In fact, the GP shuttle is having problems reading anything beyond the planet makeup.
    ( That's odd something has to be interfering with the shuttle's computer, but what? Well no time to think about that now I better find a spot to land) Praxat thought.

Praxat finds a spot to land and them gets out of the shuttle. ( Well time to do some exploring) Praxat thought.

Praxat then starts exploring the planet.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( That's odd something has to be interfering with the shuttle's computer, but what? Well no time to think about that now I better find a spot to land) Praxat thought.

Praxat finds a spot to land and them gets out of the shuttle. ( Well time to do some exploring) Praxat thought.

Praxat then starts exploring the planet.
    https://www.deviantart.com/sdutter/a...uins-509893469

Ruins dot across the land, and Praxat realizes she might be one of the first offworld sentients to see this in centuries.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Slak seems surprised at her Namekian, but Elder Nail smiles just slightly. He responds in near perfect Saiyan-Go.

A pleasure, Queen Sarada. Guardian Maiz. Namek welcomes you.

Slak nods and responds in a much rougher version.

Nice to see you again, Sarada.
    Both Saiyans were surprised to hear Elder Nail speak the Saiyan language. Surprised and pleased.

"I see our reputations proceed us," Maiz remarked as she and Sarada landed near the Namekians. She bowed respectfully. "Thank you for your hospitable welcome. And I would like to welcome you back to the realm of the living. I can only imagine how terrifying an experience that must have been for you."

"For all of you," Sarada added. "Are you aware of why the Ulthan targeted you, Elder Nail?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Both Saiyans were surprised to hear Elder Nail speak the Saiyan language. Surprised and pleased.

"I see our reputations proceed us," Maiz remarked as she and Sarada landed near the Namekians. She bowed respectfully. "Thank you for your hospitable welcome. And I would like to welcome you back to the realm of the living. I can only imagine how terrifying an experience that must have been for you."

"For all of you," Sarada added. "Are you aware of why the Ulthan targeted you, Elder Nail?"
    He nods.

“Slak has kept in touch with Guardian Evangeline of Earth, and Guardian Meagan of Chroma. They have informed us that I was targeted because without me, the dragonballs would not work.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He nods.

“Slak has kept in touch with Guardian Evangeline of Earth, and Guardian Meagan of Chroma. They have informed us that I was targeted because without me, the dragonballs would not work.”
    Sarada nodded. That was one less thing they needed to talk about, then. "Good. That brings me to one of the two reasons we came here. I would like to extend an offer to join in an alliance with us. I'm certain your warriors are very powerful, but having other allies willing to come to your aid is never a bad thing." It was the same deal she made with Earth years ago, only Namek was in a slightly better position.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada nodded. That was one less thing they needed to talk about, then. "Good. That brings me to one of the two reasons we came here. I would like to extend an offer to join in an alliance with us. I'm certain your warriors are very powerful, but having other allies willing to come to your aid is never a bad thing." It was the same deal she made with Earth years ago, only Namek was in a slightly better position.
    Nail and Slak look at each other, saying nothing. An entire mental conversation seems to happen between the two in moments before Nail responds.

“What would this entail, your Majesty? We already have two other alliances, one with the Galaxy Police to station an officer near this quadrant and another with Meagan and fifty other Kami across the cosmos to keep each other as safe as possible and to relay information, ideas, and other such things.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Nail and Slak look at each other, saying nothing. An entire mental conversation seems to happen between the two in moments before Nail responds.

“What would this entail, your Majesty? We already have two other alliances, one with the Galaxy Police to station an officer near this quadrant and another with Meagan and fifty other Kami across the cosmos to keep each other as safe as possible and to relay information, ideas, and other such things.”
    "Ah." Sarada hadn't been expecting that, but it made sense when she thought about it. Alliances were forming all over the place, it seemed. There was a way to capitalize on that for the benefit of the entire galaxy, but it would have to wait until she could think things over.

"It would have been a protection and information thing, too," she replied. "I've learned very recently that it's very important to share every bit of pertinent information, even if it's small and out-of-context at the time. A lot of grief can be saved if the right people know the right thing at the right time." Indeed, that debacle on Darkle taught her a great deal. Invluding not to trust even those closest to her completely.

"We also have an alliance with the GP, so I figure it only makes sense to extend that to each other. We help each other out, I'll share whatever information my sister comes across that the GP may not be aware of, and possible even share resources with each other if need be."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

The Queen chitters, but nods.

“Than a bargain is set.”

Lady Binder approaches and lays her hands on Etrina’s head.

“I would relax, Time Magi. Visions….can be very intense for the Fae.”
    "I'm not all Fae, I sure I'll manage...." Etrina dismissed the concern casually, but nonetheless prepared herself mentally. There was a high likelyhood they would attempt to deceive her...but she would keep her wits and temporal foresight in check regardless of what may come. If there was truth to whatever vision had been given Banespell she's test the validity herself....and if found truthful.....

...there would be a lot of ponder in the near future, regardless.

Default Survival of the Fittest: The Seas, Shadows and Stars (Month 1)

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Oh it's you! N'wonder th'boys r'prayin', they felt a disaster comin' up the road, e-heh-heh~!"
    "...Turtle Hermit." Chahan glowered.

There was a dread aura emanating from the pale, one-armed man with such strength it made Chahan sink his stance. Most of the fighters he'd encountered in the past had pronounced their auras, brilliant, yet thin and ephemeral like sparks from flint; these yokai monstrosities blot their darkness wherseoever the light fell, their fell nature standing aside like blight. But this...it was subtle in its expression yet enormous, like a depression pulled within the vast ocean.

As the Crane stood poised to strike. the Turtle eased himself from laying on his side to sitting upright. The Sapphire Shell upon his back scraped the wooden porch of the old pagoda, and to the Grand Master's eyes its surface caught the moonlight like blood.

"Eh heh, y'remembered! And Y'didn't even get m'name last time. That's Kamesennin Kuki, nice t'meetcha!"

"So now the drifter assumes his proper manner." Chahan cocked his fist to his side. "I thought you'd died when I struck you from my sight a year ago, perhaps I should rectify that mistake."

Kuki lazily brushed a finger across his jaw.

"Masterf'ly done it was, mmh-hmm," he noded sagely, "Took me'n Ishii here a bit to get back t'shore, that we'did. S'pose it's only a matter'a course, so I'll chalk that up t'force a habit."

The tortoise at his side crawled a few steps and withdrew into his shell.

"Why are you here, apostate?"

"Well, heh, I wanted t'see th'state a'things one last time," Kuki said. Chahan's dark eyes were like fiery coals, unblinking, and Kuki raised his hairless brow. "...not that it's any of'ya business, but ah! S'a strange aura 'round these parts, mhm, kinda comin' all over the whole Paozu range. Didn't think it'd b'cuz a'you."

The mark of the dead god seemed only to scream louder. The moremore blood and bodies fell from Chahan's hands like so many ashes, so it marked him with a menacing that, to the creatures that followed his deathly wake, was all but enticing.

"Mhmm. I may b'old, but Imma quick study, yessir. N'I think I got yer number s'well, eh-heh. I'd say birds rarely leave th'roost, but we both know that ain't true."

Immediately the Crane crossed the distance and struck, and the impact quaked the entire valley. Chahan glowered. He could not return to position, for Kuki had caught his fist with his right hand, and the irresistible force has been subsumed by something soft, yet immovable. The monestary was unharmed, nothing more than ripples on the river they stood astride as one power cancelled out the other, but for the swaying boughs of the forest around them.

"Where is my disciple?"

"Eh? She's inna desert, ain't she?"

The deadlock continued as Kuki slowly began to stand up. With a soft movement, his single, spindly hand released Chahan's bloodied one, and the Crane grandmaster fell back and stood a step below the small hermit, who tilt his head with a wily smile. It was then that Chahan knew that he had found what he was looking for; a proper adversary.

"But if y'looking for th'kid, s'not like y'got much left to teach, d'ya? Decided that about, oh...some eight years ago when y'shot Ocha through th'back, accordin' t'him."

"He knew the repercussions for disloyalty, much as the dredges of your order now know the result for their feebleness."

"Eh, well y'know, th'boys n'saffron on ol' Turtle Island always spent more time payin' 'steada prayin' anyway. Guess they forgot, yeah?" Kuki shrugged. "That's life! Th'good ones'll find their way as they do, 'cause nothin'll last forever."

"Indeed. And now two thousand years of feuding comes to an end with your death."

Shrouded by the spectre of death, Chahan's presence was filled by a coldness that gave Kuki pause, and where he spied its manifestations through his method of waking Battle Meditation, he dimpled his chin and murmured contemplatively.

"Be't that I'may have only one arm, heh, I'll lern'ya yet, young'n."

Thunder filled the night as Crane and Turtle crossed hands, and when the energy from the engagement lashed out, a great windstorm shook Paozu Mountain. Sharp knuckles thrown from Chahan's rooted stance twisted and smashed into Kuki's guard For miles around in the valley, scores of eyes awakened and wings began to spread. Those dark shapes that began to flock to the air, they were far too large to be crows, and their talons far too bloodthirsty besides.

A bird would migrate away from calamity, but the Tengu of the Paozu valley forest sought what had carried the ki into the environs and shattered the trees, along with the hordes of pursuant forest ghosts that lingered below them. The night air filled with their screeches, like preying kites, as Chahan and Kuki clashed. The demons circulating the old masters approach in droves, a gathering toward a sphere which they can merely observe.

The rule of nature in all its savagery: When two masters of the domain clash, myriad eyes watch in fear of the victor, and many more jaws salivate in prospect of devouring the fallen.

Kokaku Sanchin! The shell of the Turtle veiled his frame in a protective shroud as Kuki mirrored Chahan's stance. A manifestation of the fabled root art, the Crane who had took it as a mockery, and with equal measure evaluation and disdain pressed his advantage, for unlike his opponent he had both arms.

Ikken Hissatsu: Tsuki! Every strike thrown from Chahan was without wasted movement, every single blow pronounced of a swift, lethal finality. Each time the Perfected Punch of the Crane Master fell, striations began to form in the Old Turtle's aura. The force dispelled into the environs...and yet for the enormity of the ki issued, it seemed to disappear entirely, and for a moment Kuki's focus momentarily shifted as he turned his head to the side.

"Hrm? Whassat? Where'sa ki goin'?"

And there Chahan found his chance. Midstrike, his fist pronounced a single finger, and the ray of the Dodonpa flew forward. At this range, Kuki could not block it entirely, only dash his hand forward and concentrate his dispersing defence into his palm, splitting the lethal golden ray on impact. The hermit winced, for where the beam could not pierce, it resolved into a concentrated explosion, and the narrowed surface area cut the heel of his hand. His opponent drew first blood, and the Tengu above smelled it, and the sky grew thick with their feathers as their circling narrowed.

So did Chahan close the distance and strike the Old Turtle full on, smashing through his barrier. Kuki grit his teeth, rooted his stance, and snatched the Crane Grandmaster by his green overcoat and tossed him away some distance, countered swiftly as he took to the air with the Sky Dance. From his vantage point in the air, he saw Kuki had another trick, for he'd dispersed the strike by rooting it into the earth under his bare feet. Yet his attentions were not on their duel, for the Turtle began to shift his view over, below, above...

Chahan rooted his position in the air and gathered his ki into his palms.

It's time to meet eternity old man...

He stretched his hand outward, and the first droplets of cold rain fell from the sky. Suddenly a sharp metallic scent filled the air, and it was then that he noticed what it was that had the Turtle aghast, for the ravenous shrieks of the flocking Tengu roused once in unison and were swiftly silenced.

Blood fell like sleet from the yokai host, ripped from their veins as their desiccated corpses fell into the rocks and were swallowed. Chahan swiftly moved his view about, glimpsing a figure that had flickered through the last of the bird-demons, plucking a crimson blade from each as he passed in an instant. When he zeroed in on the signature of this new enemy, he found Kuki's line of sight was ahead of his where the rivers of blood crawled upwards to the peak over the pale mountain shale.

"AH, THE SOUNDS OF BATTLE," the figure cried, "WHAT A SYMPHONY OF CARNAGE! BLESSED IS THIS FATED DAY THAT THE ENERGIES FROM YOUR BATTLE MARK MY ASCENSION!"

There about the peak he stood, The Hellmouth spawn, and the battle of Crane and Turtle had heralded a dark birth. Bathed in blood, it roused from the rock itself, a serendipitous creation melded of katchin and animated by a gestalt of departed souls!

Struck dead from the heart of an expanding star-cloud it came hurtling forth, this corpus the latest possession of a hellish creature. His body now composed of star-stuff, his heart remained possessed of the most wretched desires of man, and wreathed in red he emerged from the shadows.

"HOKUTO SHINKEN! THE ORDAINED ART OF THE STAR AWOUND WHICH THE HEAVENS REVOLVE, NOW PERFECTED BY THE BLOOD MAGIC OF I, RYU SHINGEN, THE CRIMSON CLOAK!"
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-07-2021 at 10:57 PM.

"You did it, um... fusioneva!" exclaimed Seri as she descended from the sky, followed by the double Bekon duo.

Talaya grinned. "Of course I did. That joke of a fighter had no chance against me, not after Voya softened him up."

"Mmmhm. We'll have to use those dragon thingies to revive him, right?"

Talaya's grin faded. She knew exactly what Voyavoda had done to even the odds, but she couldn't bring herself to tell Seri. "...yeah. Once everyone else that needs revived is taken care of."

She hated to lie to the girl, but how could one expect a child of her age to wrap her mind around the fact that Voyavoda was gone and... not coming back...

"Alright, you've had your fun. Give me my armlets back," said E Bekon, breaking Talaya out of her reverie. What an insistent one.

"And what if I refuse? Not like you could make me give them back," she said, coyly. She was joking, of course... although giving these things to Jinzi to improve and make more of...

E Bekon sighed and walked up to Talaya. Gold crept into his hair, which lengthened as he assumed... some Super Saiyan form she had never witnessed before. His power was great, but nowhere near hers. Did he actually intend to fight her?

What a laugh. Well, she still wanted to have some fun, so she'd let him have one good shot then slap him around.

"...it seems that natural purebred arrogance compounding with Malaya's is this fusion's weakness," said E Bekon, drawing back his fist.

"Kizuna Nashi," he exclaimed as he drove his palm into Talaya's solar plexus, to... seemingly no effect. She laughed. "Not bad... now it's..."

She stopped as a weird... wavering feeling came over her? She felt odd. Really odd, like...

...ah ****.

Talaya's form wavered, glowed brightly, and then split back into Tasure and Nevanlinna, who both crumpled to the ground unceremoniously, disoriented as hell from being forcefully split.

"As I said. Arrogance is that fusion's weakness. Those armbands are distributed to certain people in my empire, to allow weaker half-saiyans to surpass otherwise insurmountable foes. Did you not think that I wouldn't figure out a countermeasure?" E Bekon reverted to his base form, shaking his head.

"What in the world was that ability!?"

The answer came not from E Bekon, but rather human Bekon.

"Kizuna Nashi... the power to destroy bonds and connections, Kizuna's opposite. Never would have expected to see a forbidden technique like that in person... let alone see it used like that." He seemed both impressed and wary.

"Not surprised you know of it. I've not had the occasion to use it more than a few times... but I never leave a technique unmastered and unexplored," said E Bekon. "Now... my armlets."

The two women sighed, almost in unision--perhaps an echo of their recently-dissolve fusion--removed the armbands, and handed them to E Bekon. He examined them for a few moments, grimacing, and then put them back on his biceps.

"Well then... shall we get started with that training you all wanted?"

"No," answered Tasure.

"No? This was your idea, was it not?" Nevanlinna seemed perturbed at the Saiyaness' sudden reversal.

Tasure growled. "I didn't say we wouldn't train. Just... give me a while. I need to be alone." Her aura flared into existence and she took to the skies, flying away.

Nevanlinna blinked.

"...unusually temperamental, for her."

Bekon stared at his wife's retreating form. "Yeah, but... Voyavoda was like a father to her. Just... give her a few hours alone--for her and your sake--and she'll be ready to get started. I'll cook us up a victory meal, in the meantime."

Nevanlinna sighed, then began making her way out of the destroyed area most of the battle had taken place in, with the other following her. When they reached Vaikuntha's main area--thankfully mostly untouched--she, E Bekon, and Seri sat down to relax, while human Bekon got to work making his promised victory meal.

The Threshling queen-to-be could understand Tasure's reaction, now that she had given it a bit of thought. She knew, through their fusion, his fate, and... yes, losing a father figure like that certainly couldn't be easy. She herself hadn't known the Nevadian very well, but he had certainly performed well during the liberation of Reshlan, and, of course, against that monstrosity that had violated the sanctity of her realm.

...what a shame. By the time she, as part of Talaya, had arrived, he was already too far gone... if only they'd joined the fray perhaps half a minute sooner, she could have preserved his life.

Nevanlinna sighed. What a... tiring day this had been.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

https://www.deviantart.com/sdutter/a...uins-509893469

Ruins dot across the land, and Praxat realizes she might be one of the first offworld sentients to see this in centuries.

( Wow, what a wonderful sight. Hmm, I'm going to check out those ruins. ) Praxat thought.

Praxat goes off to check out the ruins while repeatedly shouting, is anyone with the last name Mcfrog here?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "AH, THE SOUNDS OF BATTLE," the figure cried, "WHAT A SYMPHONY OF CARNAGE! BLESSED IS THIS FATED DAY THAT THE ENERGIES FROM YOUR BATTLE MARK MY ASCENSION!"

There about the peak he stood, The Hellmouth spawn, and the battle of Crane and Turtle had heralded a dark birth. Bathed in blood, it roused from the rock itself, a serendipitous creation melded of katchin and animated by a gestalt of departed souls!

Struck dead from the heart of an expanding star-cloud it came hurtling forth, this corpus the latest possession of a hellish creature. His body now composed of star-stuff, his heart remained possessed of the most wretched desires of man, and wreathed in red he emerged from the shadows.

"HOKUTO SHINKEN! THE ORDAINED ART OF THE STAR AWOUND WHICH THE HEAVENS REVOLVE, NOW PERFECTED BY THE BLOOD MAGIC OF I, RYU SHINGEN, THE CRIMSON CLOAK!"
    Ryu Shingen examined the hand of his new body. Three years ago, he'd sighted this abberation in the bedrock of this place, and with the blood that had fallen into this place had, with his ancient blood magic inherent to the better half of his being, found something within that had been gathering its power for some time and he found it of a kind. Like him, it stood inert for some time, feeding on life and death, shapeless like the half-formed imago within a chrysalis. His students fell upon the village at the foot of the mount, but their ki was pitiful, so he stole their lives in turn, yet it still was not enough. When the Kamesennin approached the Order of the Faceless monks, his plot was nearly uncovered, but the Crane raising his fist against their mutual foe had so accelerating the rate at which the cancerous Golem Fragment uptook the energy where it lay, its power had returned in full. Now, begotten from the siphoned blood of the denizens of Makai, now it had absorbed the energy expended by the clash of the masters in their combat and have him both fluid and spiritual mediums to possess. Now for one who thirsted for sanguine issue, he no longer felt the pangs of addiction, only raw power in perpetuity.

Chahan held his airborne position a small distance away from this creature; meanwhile, Kuki, who was without flight, landed roughly from an expanded leap from the base of the pagoda.

"Hokuto Shinken, the Divine Fist of the North Star..."

"Mmrgh... I've heard tell'f th'assassins t'specialize in tension points'n vital meridians...interestin'," the hermit said, crouching low so as to take advantage of the heirloom cradled over his back. "Be'yon y'guard, Sensei."

The Shinobi turned Devil grinned. Under the mantle of his star-forged demonic body, the last vestiges of his humanity remained within the face that emerged from the hivelike resin of the armour that had fused to his skin, merely a cosmetic symptom of what he had done. To read his presence was to glimpse a piece of chaos itself, innumerable tortured souls captured by his spell now held in stasis within his very flesh.

"HAHAHAHA-!!! EVEN THE HEADS OF THE FIVE SCHOOLS FEAR OUR ART! WHAT ARE MEN WHO PUT ON THE AIRS OF BEASTS TO THE HIGHEST POINT IN THE CELESTIAL SPHERE?!"

The resonant energy from their battle had been fodder for this new challenger, and though they did not know it, the gestalt of energies that flowed through this entity had been resolved from that same improbable place that fuelled the heart of the Star Forge. The prowess engineered by the minds of the First Race animated by the energies of the planet gave him a well of energy that seemed nigh inexhaustible; a horrid emergence of the cosmic imbalance in the universe, indeed, as written in stars of the Crimson Cloak.

"WITH THIS POWER IT SHALL MARK THE END OF THIS AGE OF FRAILTY THAT PLAGUES THE EARTH! I SHALL CAST WIDE THE GATES OF MAKAI, AND HUMAN MORTALITY WILL PERISH FROM THE EARTH AS IT HAS WITHIN ME! IT IS WRITTEN IN THE STARS THAT STAND ABOVE YE SLAVERING BEASTS-"

An explosion and a burst of power struck the Heir of Hokuto in his left eye, a Dodonpa rupturing the remnants of the soft tissue of his eye.

"Stars, animals," Chahan glowered, "Do you truly think it is a sigil that gives you power, Red Cloak?"

A wicked smile stretched over Ryu Shingen's face. Smoke poured from his eye and burning red ichor fell from its socket, and though its structure remained human in shape, it was merely a vanity. He did not so much as budge or cry out in pain as the strange tissue facsimile bundled and regenerated itself.

" FOOL! THE BLOOD OF MASTERS AND DISCIPLES BOTH FLOWS THROUGH THIS MIGHTY BODY! IT IS BY THE BLOODLETTING OF ACOLYTE AND ENEMY ALIKE THAT I HAVE SURPASSED MORTALITY ITSELF! YOU BROTHER TOH-MAGOH RECOGNIZED HIS EMPTY REBELLION, AS WILL YOU!"

Ryu Shingen cackled under the last of the blood rain, and in response Chahan's aged shoulders curled their disciplined posture as a cruel, mocking sound escaped him. Morose laughter, as uncanny as clouds scraping the sky, that Kuki's wizened features curdled upon his face.

"Masters and disciples both," he replied, "If they are the substance...then you dishonor only yourself."

Suddenly, the Shogun of the Dark's voice shrank as his indignation grew in proportion.

"You dare?!"

The Elder Crane took a half-step to the side. Though he aligned himself side-face, it seemed as if Chahan averted his gaze in disgust, and in a flash he was before the armoured demon. CLANK CLANK CLANK, three punches rapidly struck the Devil of Hokuto in centre-mass, and finished with a stiff kick that ebbed with a low, metallic echo that sent him some distance into the air.

"A shroud draped over an inanimate shell," Chahna said, blood weeping from his seasoned knuckles. "Ironic for one whose art relies on the flow of ki."

Ryu Shingen's torso bend, the impact sights cracked at the edges for a moment, then in an instant the structure reformed, effortless and whole. "Watch thy tongue, old bird! You're talking to the new Master of Makai! By the Blood Mantle I have surpassed you and soon your souls shall be fodder for me!"

"You have inherited your station by blood and siphoned valour from others, Crimson Cloak "If that is the strength of Hokuto then its arts are fit for massage parlors and the gossiping whores who run them," Chahan replied as he raised his hands to guard. "Let's determine how much of that blood is your own."

Ryuu Shingen rushed forward, but Chahan did not move to meet him. After all, he'd bought enough time.

KAMEHAMEHA!

The blue beam tore up from the ground and Kamesennin Kuki caught the Red-Mantled demon underfoot. The night sky was flooded in a column of light. It was enough to stop his movement, but the Crimson Cloak, though singed, did not move. Instead her began to power up, and his throat racked with the sounds of pain as fragments of the light were grasped in his hands like shards of lightning.

"The Heavens have ordained that I, the New Fist of the North Star, shall reign supreme!" He screamed, as the energy crackled and absorbed into his person. His voice resumed its previous timbre, and his armoured body began to shift and expand. The forest ghosts underfoot, witness to this clash, stood there gazing stupidly. Raising his right hand, blood wept out of his armour and resolved into the form of the Oni Sword.

"SHIPPUZAN!"

Forged from the wing of a fallen demon, its etherial tang enclosed in its poisonous tail, he drew it upwards, and immediately spectral duplicates of himself fell upon the hordes below, and the rivers of black blood coursing from hundreds of yokau crest upwards and fed him additional power, and his bloody mantle spread wide as they took the form of wings.

"Even then, he will have none left to carry word of his might."

"I HAVE REACHED THE PINNACLE OF MY ART! THERE ARE NO OTHERS BEFORE OR THAT SHALL COME HEREAFTER THAT WILL SURPASS ME!"

"I dunno 'bout that, friend," Kuki mused, "Y'can't really be mighty if ya don't got no audience, izzat it? Sounds t'me like y'gave up everythin'. Why else'd y'be chasin' after me and Tsuru-chan here?"

" I am Chahan, 73rd Grand Master of the Crane School. Two thousand years of victories do I hold in my fist. Tell me, Crimson Cloak, what it is that makes you any different than any other beast, man or demon the hermit and I have survived?"

"S'pose it's probably 'cause he's all three."

"PERISH IN FLAMES! DAI HINOTAMA!"

Blood issued from Shingen, its surface forming into an leaden orb. Cracks poured upon its surface and he cast it forward, superheated like magma as it combust into a fireball that descended toward them. Chahan lift a finger, Kuki threw forth his palm and for the first time in generations, the Kamehameha and Dodonpa of masters flew side by side toward the Blood Mantle.
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-07-2021 at 11:02 PM.

"Ah." Sarada hadn't been expecting that, but it made sense when she thought about it. Alliances were forming all over the place, it seemed. There was a way to capitalize on that for the benefit of the entire galaxy, but it would have to wait until she could think things over.

"It would have been a protection and information thing, too," she replied. "I've learned very recently that it's very important to share every bit of pertinent information, even if it's small and out-of-context at the time. A lot of grief can be saved if the right people know the right thing at the right time." Indeed, that debacle on Darkle taught her a great deal. Invluding not to trust even those closest to her completely.

"We also have an alliance with the GP, so I figure it only makes sense to extend that to each other. We help each other out, I'll share whatever information my sister comes across that the GP may not be aware of, and possible even share resources with each other if need be."
    Nail and Slak again have a conversation they can’t hear, then Elder Nail nods slowly.

“I would not be against such an alliance.”

He holds a hand out to Sarada.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I'm not all Fae, I sure I'll manage...." Etrina dismissed the concern casually, but nonetheless prepared herself mentally. There was a high likelyhood they would attempt to deceive her...but she would keep her wits and temporal foresight in check regardless of what may come. If there was truth to whatever vision had been given Banespell she's test the validity herself....and if found truthful.....

...there would be a lot of ponder in the near future, regardless.
    Your head rocks backwards as you eyes turn white, and a vision plays out before you.

Etrina finds herself watching, as if a movie, a scene before her. Three Destroyers, their faces obscure but all feminine appearing, floating behind a radiant figure.

Oddly enough, in this vision, another man floats beside her.

“Interesting.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Wow, what a wonderful sight. Hmm, I'm going to check out those ruins. ) Praxat thought.

Praxat goes off to check out the ruins while repeatedly shouting, is anyone with the last name Mcfrog here?
    OT:

Roll a D20 and tell me the number that pops up.

IC:

Praxat, only echoes seems to exist here. The ruins are vast and intricate, large pagoda like buildings half covered in swamp vines are interspersed with columned trade buildings that are barely standing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM